PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Think Government Is Corrupt? You May Face 10 Years In Jail

KILLER_CLOWN
02-09-2010, 12:22 AM
South Carolina forces “subversives” to register with the authorities or do hard time

http://www.prisonplanet.com/images/february2010/080210top2.jpg

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet.com
Monday, February 8, 2010

Subversives who think government is corrupt and should be controlled by the people face 10 years in prison and a $25,000 dollar fine if they fail to register with authorities in South Carolina, in another chilling example of how free speech and dissent is being criminalized in America.

The state’s “Subversive Activities Registration Act” is now officially on the books and mandates that “Every member of a subversive organization, or an organization subject to foreign control, every foreign agent and every person who advocates, teaches, advises or practices the duty, necessity or propriety of controlling, conducting, seizing or overthrowing the government of the United States … shall register with the Secretary of State.”

Of course, the right to overthrow a government that has become corrupt, abusive and completely unrepresentative of its electorate is enshrined in the Declaration of Independence – that’s how America came to be a Republic in the first place – advocating or teaching that the people should “control” the government via their elected representatives is a basic function of a democratic society, but this law effectively makes it a terrorist offense.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness,” states the Declaration of Independence.

Under the sweeping terms of the law, members of tax protest organizations, the Tea Party movement and the States’ Rights movement based in South Carolina are all domestic terrorists if they fail to register their dissent with the authorities.

It is important to stress that the notion this law somehow only applies to “Islamic terrorists” is completely at odds with the fact that federal and state authorities now consider the main terror threat to be from informed American citizens exercising their constitutional rights in opposition to the big government agenda they are being subjected to.

As we saw with the MIAC report and a plethora of similar training manuals which were leaked over the last decade, police are being trained that libertarians, gun owners, Ron Paul supporters and anyone who is mildly political is a domestic extremist and a potential terrorist – these people are the real target of the subversives list in South Carolina.

The infamous Phoenix Federal Bureau of Investigation manual (page one, page two) produced in association with the Joint Terrorism Task Force listed “defenders of the U.S. constitution” and “lone individuals” as terrorists. Will anyone in South Carolina who defends the Constitution, the very bedrock of what America stands for, have to register with the authorities unless they want to be locked up for a decade?

Of course, since nobody is going to register as a “subversive” with South Carolina authorities, their failure to “comply” with the regulation will later be used against them as a means of eliciting criminal charges, in what represents a clear end run around the First Amendment.

The government isn’t going to just come out all guns blazing and ban free speech, they are simply going to make anyone who refuses to register for permission a criminal for failing to adhere to a separate mandate.

Just like people in places such as New York and Chicago were told that they had to get a license to purchase a gun – at first the process was a mere inconvenience but now the licensing process means they have to jump through 200 flaming hoops and the second amendment has effectively been outlawed in these cities.

They won’t hesitate to pull the same tricks with the First Amendment, and it’s already happening with calls to license Internet users and force them to get government permission to run a website.

http://www.scstatehouse.gov/code/t23c029.htm

http://www.ushistory.org/declaration/document/index.htm

http://www.prisonplanet.com/police-trained-nationwide-that-informed-americans-are-domestic-terrorists.html

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/images/FBI-MCSOTerroristFlyer-Front.jpg

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/images/FBI-MCSOTerroristFlyer-Back.jpg

http://www.prisonplanet.com/time-magazine-pushes-draconian-internet-licensing-plan.html

http://www.prisonplanet.com/think-government-is-corrupt-you-may-face-10-years-in-jail.html

Amnorix
02-09-2010, 06:47 AM
Thinking isn't the problem. Doing is, including preaching/advocating.

Right from the statute:

"Subversive organization" means every corporation, society, association, camp, group, bund, political party, assembly, body or organization, composed of two or more persons, which directly or indirectly advocates, advises, teaches or practices the duty, necessity or propriety of controlling, conducting, seizing or overthrowing the government of the United States, of this State or of any political subdivision thereof by force or violence or other unlawful means;

Amnorix
02-09-2010, 06:49 AM
Let me rephrase this -- do you FAVOR overthrowing the federal government of the US, or any state government, by force or violence, and are you preaching that?

If so, you've got a legal problem to deal with in your proselytizing.

tmax63
02-09-2010, 07:18 AM
I guess this would make all the founding fathers of our country criminals then in their day.

morphius
02-09-2010, 08:07 AM

Right from the statute:

"Subversive organization" means every corporation, society, association, camp, group, bund, political party, assembly, body or organization, composed of two or more persons, which directly or indirectly advocates, advises, teaches or practices the duty, necessity or propriety of controlling, conducting, seizing or overthrowing the government of the United States, of this State or of any political subdivision thereof by force or violence or other unlawful means;
It is only illegal if you lose...

KILLER_CLOWN
02-09-2010, 08:07 AM
Let me rephrase this -- do you FAVOR overthrowing the federal government of the US, or any state government, by force or violence, and are you preaching that?

If so, you've got a legal problem to deal with in your proselytizing.

It is our duty as American Citizens to make sure this remains the America our forefathers envisioned. I'm not advocating violence as i think we will have a Soviet style collapse here anyways as soon as these bums have looted us to the point that we have nothing left. Now it would have been nice for everyone to wake up much sooner to what's going on and legally remove any of these people that are not working in our best interest.

Amnorix
02-09-2010, 09:12 AM
I guess this would make all the founding fathers of our country criminals then in their day.

Ahh....yeah. Yeah it would.

You do know the difference between a revolution and a bunch of traitors, do you not?

Amnorix
02-09-2010, 09:12 AM
It is only illegal if you lose...

There you go.

Amnorix
02-09-2010, 09:13 AM
It is our duty as American Citizens to make sure this remains the America our forefathers envisioned. I'm not advocating violence as i think we will have a Soviet style collapse here anyways as soon as these bums have looted us to the point that we have nothing left. Now it would have been nice for everyone to wake up much sooner to what's going on and legally remove any of these people that are not working in our best interest.

Nothing you've stated is a problem, nor would it get you into any trouble under the SC law. Glad we could work that out...

BigChiefFan
02-09-2010, 09:16 AM
The government is supposed to SERVE the people. The Feds job is to protect individual's rights and nothing else. They've stepped out of line, a long time ago.

KILLER_CLOWN
02-09-2010, 09:18 AM
Nothing you've stated is a problem, nor would it get you into any trouble under the SC law. Glad we could work that out...

Yes but i would have to register in SC to have that opinion or face prison time.

KILLER_CLOWN
02-09-2010, 09:18 AM
The government is supposed to SERVE the people. The Feds job is to protect individual's rights and nothing else. They've stepped out of line, a long time ago.

Yessir absolutely true!

SNR
02-09-2010, 09:31 AM

Right from the statute:

"Subversive organization" means every corporation, society, association, camp, group, bund, political party, assembly, body or organization, composed of two or more persons, which directly or indirectly advocates, advises, teaches or practices the duty, necessity or propriety of controlling, conducting, seizing or overthrowing the government of the United States, of this State or of any political subdivision thereof by force or violence or other unlawful means;Are you defending this law?

Amnorix
02-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Are you defending this law?

Do you defend conspiracies to overthrow the government of the United States by force?

orange
02-09-2010, 10:49 AM
This law is ridiculous on its face - but it's not expected to work directly. That is, no one is going to register as a subversive.

What it's supposed to do is add another 10years/$25,000 to anyone who gets convicted under other statutes. Also, it might allow the state to go after accomplices more easily (like the mullahs at the madrassa).

South Carolina also has a law requiring you to buy tax stamps for illegal drugs.

L.A. Chieffan
02-09-2010, 11:27 AM

:facepalm:

Tango&Cash
02-09-2010, 11:51 AM

Amen :clap:

BucEyedPea
02-09-2010, 11:55 AM
Amnorix is a Tory who thinks all revolutions mean overthrow as opposed to a restoration to our form of govt with a revolution in ideas. I mean if Amnorix's guys like Alinsky felt they could radicalize our govt from working in the system....there's no reason why we can't take it back the same way.

But even Jefferson advocated a revolution every now and then to stay free.

memyselfI
02-09-2010, 12:14 PM
There you go.

One man's subversive is another man's enlightenment. It's all subjective.

Rooster
02-09-2010, 12:46 PM
South Carolina also has a law requiring you to buy tax stamps for illegal drugs.

This is what it reminds me of too. There is a similar "Pot Stamp" you have to buy in Kansas to sell weed. Just another way to pile on if they get you on something.

FishingRod
02-09-2010, 01:27 PM
“Every member of a subversive organization,..." Who gets to decide what organizations are subversive? How does that occur? What if some or even most of the members of an organization advocate subversive activity but it is not the "official" policy of that organization? In theory these could be some big issues but in reality this probably doesn't mean much.

Amnorix
02-09-2010, 01:31 PM
Amnorix is a Tory who thinks all revolutions mean overthrow as opposed to a restoration to our form of govt with a revolution in ideas. I mean if Amnorix's guys like Alinsky felt they could radicalize our govt from working in the system....there's no reason why we can't take it back the same way.

errrr....the law is talking about overthrowing hte government BY FORCE. And people are acting like they're surprised there might be a law against that. :eek:

But even Jefferson advocated a revolution every now and then to stay free.

Yes he did. It was one of many of his stupid ideas. Like all brilliant people who had three billion ideas, some were rather silly.

Amnorix
02-09-2010, 01:32 PM
“Every member of a subversive organization,..." Who gets to decide what organizations are subversive? How does that occur? What if some or even most of the members of an organization advocate subversive activity but it is not the "official" policy of that organization? In theory these could be some big issues but in reality this probably doesn't mean much.

The courts will decide if/when someone is charged with violating the law. At that point, the prosecution must prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that the organization was designed to overthrow the government by force.

Amnorix
02-09-2010, 01:33 PM
One man's subversive is another man's enlightenment. It's all subjective.

Exactly.

Or, more pithy was Ben Franklin -- "gentlemen, we must all hang together or we shall surely hang separately."

or words very close to that.

Taco John
02-09-2010, 01:53 PM
pretty sick.

FishingRod
02-09-2010, 02:27 PM
The courts will decide if/when someone is charged with violating the law. At that point, the prosecution must prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that the organization was designed to overthrow the government by force.

So prior to our hypothetical court case a person could not be guilty of failing to register since this organization has not been deemed subversive. I wonder where we might find a list, if there is one, of groups that are deemed as subversive. It would be interesting to see who is and to see who is not

SNR
02-09-2010, 03:35 PM
Do you defend conspiracies to overthrow the government of the United States by force?Did you read the law description?

The state’s “Subversive Activities Registration Act” is now officially on the books and mandates that “Every member of a subversive organization, or an organization subject to foreign control, every foreign agent and every person who advocates, teaches, advises or practices the duty, necessity or propriety of controlling, conducting, seizing or overthrowing the government of the United States … shall register with the Secretary of State.

If I'm plotting to overthrow the government, I'm not going to register with the government to get my subversive group okayed so we can begin work on overthrowing the government.

Give an example where any group would register with the secretary of state. It doesn't make any fucking sense.

Amnorix
02-09-2010, 03:46 PM
So prior to our hypothetical court case a person could not be guilty of failing to register since this organization has not been deemed subversive. I wonder where we might find a list, if there is one, of groups that are deemed as subversive. It would be interesting to see who is and to see who is not

Only courts of law find people guilty. Of course you can be arrested and charged with violating the law, if there is probable cause, etc. etc.

Doubt there is any list anywhere, but I wouldn't form "Al Queda of North America" as a corporation in South Carolina if I were you... :D

Amnorix
02-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Did you read the law description?

I read parts of the law itself on SC's website. I didn't read the whole thing. Want to point out something in particular?

If I'm plotting to overthrow the government, I'm not going to register with the government to get my subversive group okayed so we can begin work on overthrowing the government.

Obviously. As others have noted it's a way to tack on more time to your sentence or whatever. Note that conspiracy to commit a crime is also a separate crime.

Give an example where any group would register with the secretary of state. It doesn't make any fucking sense.

:shrug: I agree it's a bit silly. You'd think they'd just ban the conduct, instead of having a registration requirement, but perhaps they think there's a First Amendment freedom of speech or freedom of assembly issue or something. I dunno.

Amnorix
02-09-2010, 03:50 PM
pretty sick.

Engaging in conspiracies to overthrow the government by force? I agree.

RedNeckRaider
02-09-2010, 04:37 PM
No matter the cause if you have an idiot like the one in the picture holding a sign few will bother reading it~

Taco John
02-09-2010, 04:41 PM
Engaging in conspiracies to overthrow the government by force? I agree.

LOL WUT?