PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV The Buried Life

jAZ
02-09-2010, 12:36 AM
Anyone watch this new MTV show? It's unlike anything I've ever seen on the network. Just outstanding reality TV.

Imagine a strange concoction of 20 something Canadians mixing the stunts of a PG version of Jackass with the sentimental aspect of Extreme Home Makeover...

... ok at this point you might be saying that's stupid as hell, but...

... it actually *works* in much the same way that Scrubs does or M*A*S*H did.

It's pretty great TV, IMO.

POND_OF_RED
02-09-2010, 01:16 AM
I remember when MTV stood for Music Television.

Pushead2
02-09-2010, 05:40 AM
I remember when MTV stood for Music Television.

x2

NewChief
02-09-2010, 06:41 AM
Is it actually real? Seemed produced in such a way that it looked more like one of their "fake" reality TV shows (the Hills) than a real reality TV show.

jAZ
02-09-2010, 07:31 AM
Is it actually real? Seemed produced in such a way that it looked more like one of their "fake" reality TV shows (the Hills) than a real reality TV show.

Yeah, it was originally a documentary made by 4 Canadian students documenting their efforts to complete items on their "bucket list" while at the same time doing something on a strangers' list as well.

Marco Polo
02-09-2010, 07:33 AM
I have it set for DVR but have only watched the premiere in which they snuck into the Playboy Mansion then raised enough money to buy a charter school a new computer. It mixes "fun" with substance and as silly as this sounds, hopes this can inspire the MTV generation to do more good in this world.

kepp
02-09-2010, 08:19 AM
Just outstanding reality TV

Does not compute.

MOhillbilly
02-09-2010, 08:22 AM
sounds ghey.

Sports is the only reality tv.