PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Who went to Denny's?

Buck
02-09-2010, 09:43 AM
I woke up at 5 AM for my free breakfast and $2 coffee.

Who else did?

The store I went to in Del Mar, CA wasn't packed at all. I guess when you go to a Denny's in a wealthy city, they don't give a shit about free food. I heard in Chula Vista (a not so wealthy city) that the lines were packed.

MOhillbilly
02-09-2010, 09:45 AM
i worked at dennys for abit..no thanks

Frazod
02-09-2010, 09:47 AM
I like the Hooburrito. It rocks.

blaise
02-09-2010, 09:51 AM
I like Dennys ok, but when places give away free stuff like that I usually stay away. Normally there's a line out the door.
Dennys is kind of like Perkins if the seats at Perkins had places held together with duct tape and the carpets were dirtier.

|Zach|
02-09-2010, 09:52 AM
I don't really do the widespread free food thing.

-King-
02-09-2010, 09:52 AM
Doesn't it last until 2? I'll probably go at 1 or so
Posted via Mobile Device

Pants
02-09-2010, 09:53 AM
Perkins > Denny's. Nothing beats their Mushroom Swiss burger at 3:00 AM.

Jenson71
02-09-2010, 09:54 AM
We don't have one around here, but I really wanted to take advantage of this great deal, so I plan on driving to another county.

ChiTown
02-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Denny's is ok, if you are into that Ptomaine Poisoning thingy.......

Buck
02-09-2010, 09:58 AM
What a bunch of snobbery going on here.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRedChief
02-09-2010, 09:58 AM

Who else did?

The store I went to in Del Mar, CA wasn't packed at all. I guess when you go to a Denny's in a wealthy city, they don't give a shit about free food. I heard in Chula Vista (a not so wealthy city) that the lines were packed.Think of all those scared chickens...:rolleyes:

Titty Meat
02-09-2010, 10:00 AM
It's not worth waiting outside for 2 hrs in 10 degree temps for a free breakfest.

-King-
02-09-2010, 10:06 AM
It's not worth waiting outside for 2 hrs in 10 degree temps for a free breakfest.

There are 2 dennys by me. Surely 1 of them won't have a line at 1:00.
Posted via Mobile Device

Demonpenz
02-09-2010, 10:06 AM
i wouldn't recommend it, i ordered a memoso and they gave me sprite mixed with tang

ChiTown
02-09-2010, 10:10 AM
i wouldn't recommend it, i ordered a memoso and they gave me sprite mixed with tang

memoso?
ROFL

wild1
02-09-2010, 10:11 AM
Standing on line for an hour to get a $5 meal is far below the hourly rate I command.

The Franchise
02-09-2010, 10:14 AM
I'd go to get my free food but the Denny's around where I work really doesn't have the greatest people eating or working there. I'll pass....

seclark
02-09-2010, 10:15 AM
i don't think all denny's are that bad...i think it just depends on which one you're at. the wife and i stopped at one in troy, mo. a few years back and as soon as we walked in, we were hit with a smell like stale piss. sat down at a table for a minute or two, but the smell was so bad we just left w/o ordering.

there seemed to be a lot of people in there eating. we just figured it smelled like that all the time, and people were used to it.

haven't been back to one since. every time i think of that smell, i just don't want to go back.

sec

Frazod
02-09-2010, 10:19 AM
There's a Denny's right up the street from the bar we usually go to on Saturday night - we'll grab breakfast with friends there occasionally after it closes. That's about the only time we eat there. It's good late night/drunk food.

-King-
02-09-2010, 10:19 AM
i don't think all denny's are that bad...i think it just depends on which one you're at. the wife and i stopped at one in troy, mo. a few years back and as soon as we walked in, we were hit with a smell like stale piss. sat down at a table for a minute or two, but the smell was so bad we just left w/o ordering.

there seemed to be a lot of people in there eating. we just figured it smelled like that all the time, and people were used to it.

haven't been back to one since. every time i think of that smell, i just don't want to go back.

sec

The one by the old raytown walmart just reeks of cigaretts. I mean it is BAD. Its strictly ihop for me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tango&Cash
02-09-2010, 10:20 AM
Damnit I forgot about that. I actually stayed at home and made breakfast myself.

It's been a long time since I've done that too. Usually I don't wake up in time to make it. But I tell ya what I felt a lot better in the morning after I ate a good breakfast.

The Franchise
02-09-2010, 10:22 AM
The greatest Dennys I've ever seen was in the town where I live. They had a Dennys that had a bar attached to it. To bad it got torn down last year.

Hammock Parties
02-09-2010, 10:37 AM
Buck apparently likes being fat.

Buck
02-09-2010, 10:43 AM
Obligitory GoChiefs calling you fat post.
Posted via Mobile Device

jidar
02-09-2010, 10:50 AM
I avoid eating establishments with smoking sections unless it's well blocked off.

JD10367
02-09-2010, 10:52 AM
We only have two Denny's here, and they're both a good distance away and not worth driving to for a free breakfast.

We have a couple of IHOPs, and a local chain called Bickford's that closed most of their places.

I usually go to a small local chain (like, three or four locations, I think) called Scramblers, which actually took over an old IHOP. But I also like McDonald's. Nothing wrong with a couple of handheld egg sandwiches, and here in New England the coffee is a mix of Newman's Own Organic and Green Mountain, and it's actually better than Dunkin' Donuts IMO...

rageeumr
02-09-2010, 10:57 AM
Smothered cheese fries + ranch dressing at Denny's is my all-time favorite drunk food. I won't eat it sober however. Plus I didn't see anything about that being free.

Saulbadguy
02-09-2010, 10:59 AM
Last time they did this in Topeka the line was very very long. They had to start turning people away and giving them coupons for a free grand slam.

I remember when Sonic did their free root beer float, too. The line of cars was backed up to the interstate.

POND_OF_RED
02-09-2010, 11:03 AM
I would have but I have to work today so I couldn't get drunk before noon today. If I'm not drunk what's the point of going there?

RJ
02-09-2010, 11:16 AM
How much does the Denny's breakfast cost when it isn't free?

ChiTown
02-09-2010, 11:24 AM

They generally pay their sober customers to walk in the doors. It's like a facade for their drunk clients.

BigRedChief
02-09-2010, 11:25 AM
How much does the Denny's breakfast cost when it isn't free?Isn't it like $5 bucks?

blaise
02-09-2010, 11:26 AM

The last time I got a Grand Slam was 4-5 years ago and it was 3.99. Which is a good price for what you get. I'm sure it's a buck or two more now.

Slainte
02-09-2010, 11:29 AM
The reason Denny's gives you free meals is because they hate you. If these people really wanted to fuck you, they'd give you three free meals...

vailpass
02-09-2010, 11:29 AM

Who else did?

The store I went to in Del Mar, CA wasn't packed at all. I guess when you go to a Denny's in a wealthy city, they don't give a shit about free food. I heard in Chula Vista (a not so wealthy city) that the lines were packed.

You gotta' be pretty hard up to eat at one of those places sober.

Earthling
02-09-2010, 12:03 PM
I was going to go and totally forgot. Damnit! I hate old brain cells!

HC_Chief
02-09-2010, 01:50 PM
You gotta' be pretty hard up to eat at one of those places sober.

Holy shit, those places are real?! I thought they were figments of my drunken imagination... like the proverbial "pink elephant".

-King-
02-09-2010, 01:51 PM
Yeah just went to both that are in my city....there was NO way I was waiting in a line just to get some breakfast at 1PM.
Posted via Mobile Device

Consistent1
02-09-2010, 01:53 PM
looks sweet....

Demonpenz
02-09-2010, 02:22 PM
they ain't got no crystal? DUECES

googlegoogle
02-09-2010, 02:32 PM
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2010/02/10/alg_dennys_1.jpg

GordonGekko
02-09-2010, 02:34 PM
I woke up at 5 AM for my free hamster droppings and $2 coffee.

Who else did?

denny's is good stuff, but i would not wake up at 5 am for any reason unless i absolutely have to (catch a plane, go to work, etc.)

JD10367
02-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Fixed that pic.

googlegoogle
02-09-2010, 02:45 PM
Fixed that pic.

stupid.

so people getting free food are losers?

JD10367
02-09-2010, 02:48 PM
stupid.

so people getting free food are losers?

No line, sure.

A reasonable hour, sure.

Lining up in the predawn hours in a huge queue to get fairly mundane and already-cheap food for free... losers.

googlegoogle
02-09-2010, 03:04 PM
denny's is good stuff, but i would not wake up at 5 am for any reason unless i absolutely have to (catch a plane, go to work, etc.)

it was until 2pm.

Mastashake
02-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Anyone who has ever driven across country in the middle of the night will know Denny's and Waffle House are awesome. I don't think their food is that bad either. Its really really hard to mess up two eggs, some bacon and french toast.

JD10367
02-09-2010, 03:08 PM
Anyone who has ever driven across country in the middle of the night will know Denny's and Waffle House are awesome. I don't think their food is that bad either. Its really really hard to mess up two eggs, some bacon and french toast.

Okay, now, Waffle House is an entirely different animal.

#1: they yell out the orders in a cool short-order OCD kinda way.

#2: you can watch what they're doing 'cause it's cooked right in front of you.

#3: the food is pretty good, for what it is... the pecan waffle is good, and the hashbrowns come in around 380 varieties.

I wish Waffle House would venture north. The northernmost one is in Virginia, IIRC. Nothing in the northeast, which makes no sense 'cause you have a HUGE population base with a lot of youth. That's a lot of late-night meals...

chiefs1111
02-09-2010, 03:15 PM
Denny's is evil

Fritz88
02-09-2010, 03:18 PM
It's a risky thing to do.

Pushead2
02-09-2010, 03:22 PM
Okay, now, Waffle House is an entirely different animal.

#1: they yell out the orders in a cool short-order OCD kinda way.

#2: you can watch what they're doing 'cause it's cooked right in front of you.

#3: the food is pretty good, for what it is... the pecan waffle is good, and the hashbrowns come in around 380 varieties.

I wish Waffle House would venture north. The northernmost one is in Virginia, IIRC. Nothing in the northeast, which makes no sense 'cause you have a HUGE population base with a lot of youth. That's a lot of late-night meals...

this, when I go on tours Dennys and Wafflehouse is what we eat. I'll never understand why they won't venture up north.

HC_Chief
02-09-2010, 03:28 PM
this, when I go on tours Dennys and Wafflehouse is what we eat. I'll never understand why they won't venture up north.

A typical Northerner's constitution is incapable of overcoming botulism? :shrug:

chefsos
02-09-2010, 03:42 PM
The Denny's here is closed and boarded up. So no, I probably didn't go there.

JD10367
02-09-2010, 03:45 PM

If I hit the Powerball, I'm opening up a "restaurant plaza" with one of each of the chains we don't have up here. Perkins, Waffle House, Sonic, In-n-Out, Chik-Fil-A, and whatever else I can think of that, for some reason, won't/doesn't franchise in the northeast.

JD10367
02-09-2010, 03:46 PM
The Denny's here is closed and boarded up. So no, I probably didn't go there.

Although it would've been pretty funny if you had, and stood outside screaming, "WHERE'S MY F**KING FREE GRAND SLAM?!?" I bet you a lot of cars would've stopped. :D

chefsos
02-09-2010, 03:51 PM
Although it would've been pretty funny if you had, and stood outside screaming, "WHERE'S MY F**KING FREE GRAND SLAM?!?" I bet you a lot of cars would've stopped. :D

I imagine I could still get one if I take a crowbar and a flashlight with me.

Reaper16
02-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Free Denny's is still fucking Denny's. No way.

Buck
02-09-2010, 03:56 PM
I'm guessing that Denny's outside of California sucks.

There is no smoking indoors in CA, so you don't have to worry about that. Everyone I've ever been to has been clean and the workers act professional.

You guys are making it sound like Denny's is horrible out there.

Reaper16
02-09-2010, 03:58 PM
You guys are making it sound like Denny's is horrible out there.
Yes, that is the very word. Horrible.

Allow me to paraphrase the only funny thing that I've ever heard Drew Carey say: "The only reason to like going to Denny's is because you know that every other person there will be as sad and disappointed with their life as you are."

Pablo
02-09-2010, 04:00 PM
I'm guessing that Denny's outside of California sucks.

There is no smoking indoors in CA, so you don't have to worry about that. Everyone I've ever been to has been clean and the workers act professional.

You guys are making it sound like Denny's is horrible out there.Denny's is horrible everywhere. I'm don't really care if it's free.

So is Bob Evans, Country Kitchen, Cracker Barrel, Perkins, etc.

Chain restaurant hamster droppings is just a terrible idea. Go to a small diner and get biscuits and gravy that won't make you throw up. Hell, save the $10 and go to Dunkin Donuts and get a better cup of coffee and a couple donuts for 1/2 the price.

I suppose the "b" word is now hamster droppings.

vailpass
02-09-2010, 04:00 PM

There are much better breakfast options than Awful House up north, east, and west.

Pablo
02-09-2010, 04:02 PM
Oh, and Waffle House sucks shit.

Hashbrowns aren't good in the first place, especially not in the morning.

JD10367
02-09-2010, 04:04 PM
Denny's is horrible everywhere. I'm don't really care if it's free.

So is Bob Evans, Country Kitchen, Cracker Barrel, Perkins, etc.

Chain restaurant hamster droppings is just a terrible idea. Go to a small diner and get biscuits and gravy that won't make you throw up. Hell, save the $10 and go to Dunkin Donuts and get a better cup of coffee and a couple donuts for 1/2 the price.

I suppose the "b" word is now hamster droppings.

Now, hold on, there, pardner.

#1: just because you don't like chains, doesn't mean everyone hates them.

#2: just because yours might suck, doesn't mean ours does.

Maybe the Denny's in CA rock. Who knows. I know we only have one Cracker Barrel in my area, and it rocks. The food is good and plentiful. And none of the places you named has the stigma that Denny's has so, in the general pantheon of chain restaurants, I think it's a pretty safe bet that the (non-California) Denny's chain holds a very low spot...

Stewie
02-09-2010, 04:20 PM
I haven't been to Denny's in years and it wasn't good... too greasy. Maybe they've changed.

On a high note, the 2nd eggtc. is opening by my house in about a week.

http://eggtc-kc.com/

Jilly
02-09-2010, 04:26 PM
I haven't been to Denny's in years and it wasn't good... too greasy. Maybe they've changed.

On a high note, the 2nd eggtc. is opening by my house in about a week.

http://eggtc-kc.com/

I love that place.

Demonpenz
02-09-2010, 04:28 PM
eggtastic ...for people who buy northface and spend 8 dollars for eggs

Titty Meat
02-09-2010, 04:29 PM

I saw you walking to Hen House were you buying eggs?

Demonpenz
02-09-2010, 04:30 PM
i walk to aldi's only

Titty Meat
02-09-2010, 04:32 PM
Aldis eggs must be 2 years expired.

Stewie
02-09-2010, 04:32 PM

$8 gets you eggs and potatoes and bacon/sausage and toast. And it's done very well.

LaChapelle
02-09-2010, 04:37 PM
Is this part of the settlement for being racists

Bob Dole
02-09-2010, 04:41 PM
Aldis eggs must be 2 years expired.

Bob Dole is pretty sure Aldi's is subject to the same egg license as every other retailer.

Demonpenz
02-09-2010, 04:44 PM
$8 gets you eggs and potatoes and bacon/sausage and toast. And it's done very well.

it's gross. I found a pube in my food there, and the girls working had large front upper pussy area's and I have the pictures on my facebook.