PDA

View Full Version : Life facebook

MOhillbilly
02-09-2010, 01:51 PM
set one up. smoke me for a link(that doesnt sound right).

Earthling
02-09-2010, 01:52 PM
set one up. smoke me for a link(that doesnt sound right).

LMAO

BigRedChief
02-09-2010, 01:55 PM
I'm "friends" with about 20-30 or so people on here. Not that much into updating facebook reguarly, but I do enjoy reading what is happening in my friends and families lifes from time to time.

JD10367
02-09-2010, 01:58 PM
I'm on it, and don't update my own status regularly but do post smartass comments on anyone else's when they do. But count me as one who is NOT paying monthly to use it. As soon as they start charging for it, it's gone. I mean, it's really just a big, personalized message board thread anyway.

Bugeater
02-09-2010, 01:59 PM
It has been practically useless the last few days while they've been working on the changes to the feed, the status updates keep disappearing and reappearing. Or maybe 4chan is attacking my feed, who knows.

Mastashake
02-09-2010, 02:00 PM
I'm on it, and don't update my own status regularly but do post smartass comments on anyone else's when they do. But count me as one who is NOT paying monthly to use it. As soon as they start charging for it, it's gone. I mean, it's really just a big, personalized message board thread anyway.

Charging for it would be suicide. The reason they can make is much as they can off of advertising is because of the amount of traffic. If you have to pay the amount of users will go down by probably about 75% if not more. Advertising would take a nosedive, and facebook would be just another website.

seclark
i signed up awhile back, but forgot my passcheesegrater, so i haven't been able to log in.
sec

Jilly
I'm a fb junkie. I'll admit it. Ask anyone on here who is friends with me.

Pestilence
02-09-2010, 02:01 PM
I'm on there....but it's mainly to stay in touch with old friends and family. In fact I don't think I have anyone from CP on mine. I'm not against it though....

JD10367
It has been practically useless the last few days while they've been working on the changes to the feed, the status updates keep disappearing and reappearing. Or maybe 4chan is attacking my feed, who knows.

It was actually screwed up before that, when they last "improved" it by splitting Live Feed and News Feed. News Feed was useless, as it was missing half the posts people would make.

Also, when I refresh the page, half the time it loses some of its functionality (apps, chat) and doesn't display the newest feeds but DOES show me people and feeds I have blocked. :shake: It's GOTTA be running on a Microsoft platform, LOL...

Bugeater
And some of you need to quit believing the shit you see on those groups on there.

kstater
02-09-2010, 02:03 PM

I thought people were fucking with me. Typing things out the deleting them.

MOhillbilly
02-09-2010, 02:08 PM
i can barely figure it out but mom said she had pics and what not so i created an account. Figured some of you would be interested.

JD10367
02-09-2010, 02:09 PM
i can barely figure it out but mom said she had pics . . .

:spock: Sounds like my early sex life...

Bugeater
02-09-2010, 02:12 PM
i can barely figure it out but mom said she had pics and what not so i created an account. Figured some of you would be interested.
It does take a while to figure it out, and the fact that the site flakes out quite a bit doesn't help. The chat is a pain in the ass, if I were you I'd disable that useless POS. Also make sure to set all your privacy settings to "only friends" unless you want the whole world to have access to your page and pics.

MOhillbilly
02-09-2010, 02:14 PM
:spock: Sounds like my early sex life...

yuck. this post could be taken in somany wrong directions....i dont know where to begin.

mind fucker!

rockymtnchief
02-09-2010, 02:16 PM
I'm a fb junkie. I'll admit it. Ask anyone on here who is friends with me.

Yes you are!:p

rockymtnchief
02-09-2010, 02:17 PM
It does take a while to figure it out, and the fact that the site flakes out quite a bit doesn't help. The chat is a pain in the ass, if I were you I'd disable that useless POS. Also make sure to set all your privacy settings to "only friends" unless you want the whole world to have access to your page and pics.

This:LOL:

Plus, dont forget to join the CP group on there.

Jilly
02-09-2010, 02:21 PM
Yes you are!:p

oh shut it.....you know you've enjoyed my daily fb statuses.

BIG_DADDY
You're brave

ChiTown
What is Facebook?

blazzin311
02-09-2010, 02:23 PM
I'm on there....but it's mainly to stay in touch with old friends and family. In fact I don't think I have anyone from CP on mine. I'm not against it though....

Yup...I'm pretty much the same way.

rockymtnchief
02-09-2010, 02:26 PM
oh shut it.....you know you've enjoyed my daily fb statuses.

It would be more fun if I didn't have co-workers on their. I might play and comment a little more.

Pushead2
02-09-2010, 02:26 PM
Im on all the time, but I like Twitter more.

JD10367
02-09-2010, 02:28 PM

And don't accept invites for all those stupid little applications. What they don't tell you is that every one of those things pulls YOUR info and your FRIENDS' info so it can harass you with advertising or put your name on some list or something. Every time I see an app or get some sort of quiz invite or something, I block it.

|Zach|
02-09-2010, 02:28 PM

They are not doing that. I have no idea where that myth came from.

Jilly
02-09-2010, 02:29 PM
It would be more fun if I didn't have co-workers on their. I might play and comment a little more.

of the 300 and something friends I have, about 75% of them are kids I've either counseled or ministered to at some point in my career, to me it's a GREAT networking site

JD10367
02-09-2010, 02:31 PM

It gets brought up every now and again, and people create groups or pass along "anti-pay" messages. Same thing happens with Twitter, I think.

Don't know if they're seriously contemplating it. Don't care if they are or aren't. Wouldn't make sense, as was pointed out, since most people would leave and advertising would plummet. In fact, AOL went free in an attempt to stay alive. Just saying... I would not be one of the people paying for it, if they did.

Bugeater
02-09-2010, 02:31 PM
It's from all of the BS stupid groups people start there.

User just became a fan of I'M LEAVING FACEBOOK FOREVAH IF THEY START CHARGING FOR IT and I'M NOT PAYING $4.95/MO TO USE FACEBOOK.

I wish I could block that crap.

Bearcat
02-09-2010, 02:33 PM

You can create groups, such as Family, Friends, Chiefsplanet, Coworkers, etc; and have a different set of privacy rules for each... and on top of that you can exclude people or groups for each post.

|Zach|
02-09-2010, 02:33 PM
It gets brought up every now and again, and people create groups or pass along "anti-pay" messages. Same thing happens with Twitter, I think.

Don't know if they're seriously contemplating it. Don't care if they are or aren't. Wouldn't make sense, as was pointed out, since most people would leave and advertising would plummet. In fact, AOL went free in an attempt to stay alive. Just saying... I would not be one of the people paying for it, if they did.

People are dumb.

JD10367
02-09-2010, 02:36 PM
People are dumb.

I agree. But I don't think that has anything to do with this discussion.

People are getting a currently-free s-e-r-v-i-c-e. They enjoy it. The idea that they might have to pay for it angers them. So when someone says they might go to a fee system, people freak out. Pretty simple. Most people don't stop to think about whether it makes SENSE or not; they just figure, if they join some group and Facebook sees enough people in the group, that they won't try it.

But I get your point. The latest one I see is "GET A MILLION PEOPLE TO JOIN THIS SITE IN SUPPORT OF SAME-SEX MARRIAGE!". Yeah, as if the government is going to go, "Oh! A whole million people on Facebook like this idea? Well, shit, then let's draft the law right away!!" LMAO

EDIT: Okay, can someone stop f**king with word subsitutions? That kept coming up as Shamwow. It's really frigging annoying to have words change in a post.

|Zach|
02-09-2010, 02:37 PM

This is a comment that makes me cringe a lot. Not to be a dick...I just see a lot of it because I do social media consulting.

Social media...ie Facebook...is what you make of it.

If you don't want coworkers on there you had the power to not have coworkers.

It is like when people complain about boring stuff on Twitter. Don't follow boring people!

Pestilence
02-09-2010, 02:38 PM
This is a comment that makes me cringe a lot. Not to be a dick...I just see a lot of it because I do social media consulting.

It is like when people complain about boring stuff on Twitter. Don't follow boring people!

This.

No one from my office or directly related to my office is on my Facebook. They never will be either.

rockymtnchief
02-09-2010, 02:41 PM
You can create groups, such as Family, Friends, Chiefsplanet, Coworkers, etc; and have a different set of privacy rules for each... and on top of that you can exclude people or groups for each post.

I guess I don't play on there enough to know these things. Thanks!:thumb:

Bearcat
02-09-2010, 02:42 PM
I agree. But I don't think that has anything to do with this discussion.

People are getting a currently-free s-e-r-v-i-c-e. They enjoy it. The idea that they might have to pay for it angers them. So when a dumb person says they might go to a fee system, dumb people freak out. Pretty simple. Most people, who are also dumb, don't stop to think about whether it makes SENSE or not; they just figure, if they join some group and Facebook sees enough people in the group, that they won't try it.

But I get your point. The latest one I see is "GET A MILLION PEOPLE TO JOIN THIS SITE IN SUPPORT OF SAME-SEX MARRIAGE!". Yeah, as if the government is going to go, "Oh! A whole million people on Facebook like this idea? Well, shit, then let's draft the law right away!!" LMAO

EDIT: Okay, can someone stop f**king with word subsitutions? That kept coming up as Shamwow. It's really frigging annoying to have words change in a post.

Whenever they change a layout there are always a few "If this group reaches a million people, Facebook will change back to the old layout!!!".... and there are a bunch of groups out there that say:
To get (something),
1) Invite ALL of your friends!
2) Click on a link that I'll email you
3) That's all there is to it!!!!

Good luck with that....

morphius
02-09-2010, 02:44 PM
That is exactly what I do.

MOhillbilly
02-09-2010, 02:45 PM
You're brave

hope you laid some of my SB bets bro.

rockymtnchief
02-09-2010, 02:48 PM

Co-workers are the ones that got me started on there. Kinda hard to delete your first "friends".

DaFace
02-09-2010, 02:49 PM
It's from all of the BS stupid groups people start there.

User just became a fan of I'M LEAVING FACEBOOK FOREVAH IF THEY START CHARGING FOR IT and I'M NOT PAYING $4.95/MO TO USE FACEBOOK.

I wish I could block that crap.

I just wish they could make it so that you could never past anything into your status updates. That would solve a ton of issues from my perspective.

ZepSinger
02-09-2010, 02:56 PM
I use it to network my music project- in fact, it's currently my primary networking tool. I've got over 1,500 'friends' and growing for the music page; plus, almost 500 'fans' to date for my multimedia business page.

I haven't seen any tangible $$$ results from it yet, tho... :-)

Fish
02-09-2010, 03:07 PM
Co-workers are the ones that got me started on there. Kinda hard to delete your first "friends".

Not really.... I think your problem is that you care.

kstater
02-09-2010, 03:10 PM

Two clicks is all it takes.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-09-2010, 03:10 PM
I've got probably 25 people on my friends list from here. There is a lot of CP going on at facebook. We make sure of it. :D

Reaper16
02-09-2010, 03:15 PM
I've been using Facebook for like five years now. I don't play games or anything, I just use it to communicate with people. I barely ever send casual emails anymore.

Demonpenz
02-09-2010, 03:26 PM
Mohillbilly status updates

Drank whiskey feeling good, time to chop wood.

Brought hell down on dude at dmv. Trailor tag is now free

MOhillbilly
02-09-2010, 03:29 PM
Mohillbilly status updates

Drank whiskey feeling good, time to chop wood.

Brought hell down on dude at dmv. Trailor tag is now free

LMAO

Joie
02-09-2010, 04:59 PM
I like facebook...but mostly because it allows me to catch up with family. Because of it I talk to cousins I hadn't spoken to in years regularly.

The games suck. Farmville tries to take over your life.

Demonpenz
02-09-2010, 05:09 PM
the games are great.. finally you can get your mom to understand that interacting with games is more pleasurable than watching a lifetime movie. GO MOM GO> STRAWBERRY COW

Iowanian
02-09-2010, 05:10 PM
you just think there is alot of stupid drama here.....

luv
02-09-2010, 05:12 PM

I've befriended people I used to go to church with. I don't mind keeping up with people, and I really liked most of them. Thing is, I was an independent, fundamental baptist. Not so much anymore. I've had a few of them drop me. Oh well. I'm me pretty much anywhere I go. If someone doesn't like it, that's their problem.

EDIT: The above is also why I will not befriend anyone who is a client of the company I work for, or anyone in upper management.

Bugeater
02-09-2010, 05:19 PM
I've befriended people I used to go to church with. I don't mind keeping up with people, and I really liked most of them. Thing is, I was an independent, fundamental baptist. Not so much anymore. I've had a few of them drop me. Oh well. I'm me pretty much anywhere I go. If someone doesn't like it, that's their problem.

EDIT: The above is also why I will not befriend anyone who is a client of the company I work for, or anyone in upper management.
Shit, I bet it was my ATM comments that did it.

luv
02-09-2010, 05:21 PM
Shit, I bet it was my ATM comments that did it.

Yeah. Way to cost me friends!! :cuss:

"Bob" Dobbs
02-09-2010, 05:23 PM
Shit, I bet it was my ATM comments that did it.Musta missed that one. Thank GOD!

Douche Baggins
02-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Best part of facebook is being entertained by chicks who have drunken adventures.

"Bob" Dobbs
02-09-2010, 05:26 PM
Best part of life is being entertained by chicks who have drunken adventures.FYP.

luv
02-09-2010, 05:29 PM
I have quite a few people off of here on my facebook. I interact with some of you so much on there that I feel weird typing your CP name on here when I refer/talk to you.

"Bob" Dobbs
02-09-2010, 05:33 PM
Yeah I prob have 10-15 or so CP'ers on my list. The hardest part is applying their CP username to the REAL name/pic on there. It's easy to lose track.

Mastashake
02-09-2010, 05:36 PM
I only have people on there who are close friends and family. If I haven't hung around you at least 25-50 times in my life, you are not my friend.

I may only have 70 or so on there, but they're good people, and they're ones who I can post anything on their status without having to worry about offending or any crap like that.

"Bob" Dobbs
02-09-2010, 05:37 PM
This:LOL:

Plus, dont forget to join the CP group on there.http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=80857665735

JD10367
02-09-2010, 05:46 PM
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=80857665735

Uh.... Not to tell y'all y'all's business, but you might want to make that a private group. Since any moron (like myself) can click on that link and immediately see everyone's name and personal info. Just sayin'....

luv
02-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Uh.... Not to tell y'all y'all's business, but you might want to make that a private group. Since any moron (like myself) can click on that link and immediately see everyone's name and personal info. Just sayin'....

Yeah, but then I'd have to approve everyone.

"Bob" Dobbs
02-09-2010, 05:47 PM
paging luv... not a bad idea, now that he mantions it...

JD10367
02-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Yeah, but then I'd have to approve everyone.

I don't think so. I think you make the group private so that only people in the group can see the info. As it's now set up, it's publically viewable.

luv
02-09-2010, 05:48 PM
But you're right, so I closed it.

"Bob" Dobbs
02-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Sorry, was just trying to pump the group up a bit. Didn't realize it was THAT open.

luv
02-09-2010, 05:50 PM
I don't think so. I think you make the group private so that only people in the group can see the info. As it's now set up, it's publically viewable.

It was an open group. Go back now and tell me what you see.

I guess I could make it completely private. Would just have to post a link to it on here from time to time.

JD10367
02-09-2010, 05:50 PM
But you're right, so I closed it.

Damn. Well I didn't mean for you to do it immediately. :mad: I only had my Stalker List half filled out. Now what am I supposed to do?!?

Bearcat
02-09-2010, 05:51 PM

You can link some RL names to CP names, but everything else is up to the person's privacy settings on FB and what they decide to post on that page (or here). I don't see the harm in it. :shrug:

JD10367
02-09-2010, 05:52 PM

I guess I could make it completely private. Would just have to post a link to it on here from time to time.

No, that worked. People can see that the group exists, and they can ask to join it. Pretty much all you really want accessible.

luv
02-09-2010, 05:53 PM
No, that worked. People can see that the group exists, and they can ask to join it. Pretty much all you really want accessible.

I'm on facebook all the time, so it's not like a request would have to wait long to be approved.

JD10367
02-09-2010, 05:54 PM
You can link some RL names to CP names, but everything else is up to the person's privacy settings on FB and what they decide to post on that page (or here). I don't see the harm in it. :shrug:

Because people who don't belong to Chiefsplanet could wander in here to look around, then wander over to Facebook to look around, then determine what your name is, where you live, where you work, where you went to school... Yeah, sure, some people limit that stuff on Privacy, but I'm sure everyone in that Chiefsplanet FB group doesn't want every stranger knowing their name and location.

luv
02-09-2010, 05:54 PM

Oh yeah. I made you the other admin. Will you get the requests too? I can take you off the admin list.

Mastashake
02-09-2010, 05:58 PM
Oh yeah. I made you the other admin. Will you get the requests too? I can take you off the admin list.

LOL. Making someone be an admin. :-)

Bearcat
02-09-2010, 06:05 PM
Because people who don't belong to Chiefsplanet could wander in here to look around, then wander over to Facebook to look around, then determine what your name is, where you live, where you work, where you went to school... Yeah, sure, some people limit that stuff on Privacy, but I'm sure everyone in that Chiefsplanet FB group doesn't want every stranger knowing their name and location.

I get what you're saying, and I even have a ChiefsPlanet security group for CP FB friends, much less the security set up for the rest of the internet... but if you're worried about your name and location, then you probably shouldn't be on FB. ;)

The CP user name / RL name thread is probably the one thing that could be taken advantage of... someone could figure out your RL name, send FB messages to you, etc (but then you could block them on FB).

Eh, probably best if it's private and I don't care one way or another.... otoh, if someone sends me a request and says "hey, it's JD1034352623zy434" it's not like I'm going to verify it.

memyselfI
02-09-2010, 06:05 PM
Been on FB actively for over a year but have recently begun to contemplating deactivating it due to privacy concerns and the founders lack of understanding of the issue.

I do love it though

luv
02-09-2010, 06:06 PM
LOL. Making someone be an admin. :-)

I created the group. I assign the admins.

Bearcat
02-09-2010, 06:07 PM

You can keep me on there.

I just got one, actually... should we let him in? :)

Mastashake
I created the group. I assign the admins.

"I am god!" :-)

I just think its funny.

Bearcat
Been on FB actively for over a year but have recently begun to contemplating deactivating it due to privacy concerns and the founders lack of understanding of the issue.

I do love it though

What are your concerns?

luv
02-09-2010, 06:08 PM
You can keep me on there.

I just got one, actually... should we let him in? :)

You did? I didn't. I guess I need to make myself an admin.

luv
02-09-2010, 06:08 PM
"I am god!" :-)

I just think its funny.

Hey man. I don't control much. Let me have my fun!!!

luv
02-09-2010, 06:09 PM

Never mind. See it now.

Mastashake
02-09-2010, 06:09 PM
Hey man. I don't control much. Let me have my fun!!!

Absolutely! But you really need to change your name to something more...bible-like

How about, "Luviticus?"

DaFace
02-09-2010, 06:10 PM
This really isn't all that related to the thread, but it's not important enough to get its own.

http://gigaom.com/2010/02/08/the-7-somewhat-united-states-of-facebook/

Peter Warden, a former Apple engineer, likes to analyze data — so much so that he started scraping public profiles and photos from hundreds of millions of Facebook accounts about a year ago, and now has data collected from more than 200 million around the world. He wrote a fascinating post recently on his personal blog about what that data shows about how interconnected (or disconnected) users in the various American states are. The graph below is reprinted from that post, with Warden’s permission:

http://gigaom.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/6a00d83454428269e20120a86baaf6970b-800wi.png

In a nutshell, Warden’s data analysis showed that Facebook users in the U.S. can be roughly segmented into seven regions, which he named facetiously:

Stayathomia: This belt’s defining feature is how near most people are to their friends, implying they don’t move far.
Dixie: Like Stayathomia, Dixie towns tend to have links mostly to other nearby cities rather than spanning the country.
Greater Texas: Unlike Stayathomia, there’s a definite central city to this cluster, otherwise most towns just connect to their immediate neighbors.
Mormonia: The only region that’s completely surrounded by another cluster, Mormonia mostly consists of Utah towns that are highly connected to each other, with an offshoot in Eastern Idaho.
Nomadic West: The defining feature of this area is how likely even small towns are to be strongly connected to distant cities; it looks like the inhabitants have done a lot of moving around the county.
Socalistan: LA is definitely the center of gravity for this cluster. Almost everywhere in California and Nevada has links to both LA and SF, but LA is usually first.
Pacifica: Tightly connected to each other, it doesn’t look like Washingtonians are big travelers compared to the rest of the West, even though a lot of them claim to need a vacation.

Of course, Warden’s data — which he collected in the course of analyzing Facebook profiles and fan pages worldwide for various corporate customers — only reflects what users of Facebook choose to reveal about themselves, and many don’t include all their friends or other information in their public profiles. As large as it is, Facebook also still represents only a small slice of the American population, and likely a fairly homogeneous slice at that, although the social network is becoming more cosmopolitan, according to the most recent demographic survey of Facebook users. Marshall Kirkpatrick has more detail on what Warden is up to in this post.

memyselfI
What are your concerns?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2010/jan/11/facebook-privacy

Bearcat

They have cute kids in their profile pic.... probably not a 4chan member, but can we be 100% certain?

luv
Hmmm... Is there anyway for them to tell us who they are before we accept them? Should I put on there that they need to shoot us a pm on here telling us who they are?

I guess I could just send them a message on FB.

JD10367
02-09-2010, 06:12 PM
I get what you're saying, and I even have a ChiefsPlanet security group for CP FB friends, much less the security set up for the rest of the internet... but if you're worried about your name and location, then you probably shouldn't be on FB. ;)

Yes, but on FB you can set your account (like I do) to Friends Only. It's one thing for people you Friend to know your info, or people in a Group you joined; it's another for any stranger to know it.

You don't have to belong to CP to view this site. You didn't have to be a member of that CP FB group to view it. So any wh-ackjob could have come here, peruse the threads, then look up that group, put names and faces and locations to people.... just not a good thing, IMO.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-09-2010, 06:15 PM
Hmmm... Is there anyway for them to tell us who they are before we accept them? Should I put on there that they need to shoot us a pm on here telling us who they are?

Absolutely.

JD10367
02-09-2010, 06:15 PM

You could probably do that (i.e. set it up so they have to PM you here before you accept them there). That way at least you know the person soliciting group membership on FB is actually the person on CP...

Bugeater
02-09-2010, 06:18 PM
Heh, I un-joined that group because of that very reason. I don't need chiefbowe showing up at my front door.

Bearcat
02-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Yes, but on FB you can set your account (like I do) to Friends Only. It's one thing for people you Friend to know your info, or people in a Group you joined; it's another for any stranger to know it.

You don't have to belong to CP to view this site. You didn't have to be a member of that CP FB group to view it. So any wh-ackjob could have come here, peruse the threads, then look up that group, put names and faces and locations to people.... just not a good thing, IMO.

I know what you're saying, that's why I mentioned the CP user / RL name discussion in the FB group... that's really the one thing that should be private (which means the group is private, ofc) just to be sure someone who has something against a user here doesn't link their user to a RL name and start trouble.

Bearcat
02-09-2010, 06:20 PM

I assume they can send a message with the request... but the PM is a good idea, since it goes the extra step to link the user name with the RL name.

luv
02-09-2010, 06:20 PM
Heh, I un-joined that group because of that very reason. I don't need chiefbowe showing up at my front door.

It's closed now, so you can rejoin!

luv
02-09-2010, 06:21 PM
I assume they can send a message with the request... but the PM is a good idea, since it goes the extra step to link the user name with the RL name.

Added that to the description of the group.

Bugeater
02-09-2010, 06:22 PM
I don't think I have any FB friends from Mormonia or Dixie, but I have the rest of the regions pretty well covered.

Bearcat
02-09-2010, 06:23 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2010/jan/11/facebook-privacy

I skimmed it, because I read it when it was originally posted... but it's just talking about the default settings, right? Facebook wants to be more like Twitter, and they want more of a presence in Google search, so if you sign up for an account today, you have to actually change your settings from 'everyone' to 'friends only' or whatever. I don't know how up front they are about that at sign up (since I signed up a few years ago), but why would that cause you to leave now? All the privacy settings are there for you to use, and I seriously doubt they're going anywhere.

edit... actually, I all but guarantee you they aren't going anywhere, because FB has put their privacy policy out there to be voted on the last couple of times it's been published.

Bearcat
02-09-2010, 06:26 PM
Added that to the description of the group.

Okay, so to whoever sent a request to join the group in the past hour, send a PM.

luv
02-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Okay, so to whoever sent a request to join the group in the past hour, send a PM.

Yep, cuz I pm'd who I thought it was to check, and it's not them.

"Bob" Dobbs
02-09-2010, 06:29 PM
As an admin, can't you just delete the name translator thread? Now I feel bad for starting it.

Bugeater
02-09-2010, 06:30 PM
It's probably Texas Fury, he's my newest BFF.

luv
02-09-2010, 06:31 PM
As an admin, can't you just delete the name translator thread? Now I feel bad for starting it.

Nah. And you need to update yours, btw.

"Bob" Dobbs
02-09-2010, 06:32 PM
I did, just a little while ago. Last post in the thread.

Bearcat
02-09-2010, 06:34 PM

I wonder if non-members can see the admin list... because if they can, saying "pm Bearcat or luv" sort of defeats the purpose of making it a private group for us. Doesn't matter to me much, just sayin'.

JD10367
02-09-2010, 06:34 PM
It's probably Texas Fury, he's my newest BFF.

DUDE!!! Who the f**k is that?!? They just repped me with, "You're my favorite poster on here. Want some porn?" They have 5 posts since they joined.

Sounds like the perfect example. I think you took the FB group private just in time. ROFL

Bugeater
02-09-2010, 06:36 PM
DUDE!!! Who the f**k is that?!? They just repped me with, "You're my favorite poster on here. Want some porn?" They have 5 posts since they joined.

Sounds like the perfect example. I think you took the FB group private just in time. ROFL
Pretty sure he's another incarnation of Marlboro Chief. And he deleted a bunch of posts today, he had around 30 earlier. Dumbass probably doesn't know that the mods can still read them.

Bearcat
02-09-2010, 06:39 PM
I wonder if non-members can see the admin list... because if they can, saying "pm Bearcat or luv" sort of defeats the purpose of making it a private group for us. Doesn't matter to me much, just sayin'.

Meh, nevermind... found a friend's closed group and I can't see the admins.

JD10367
02-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Meh, nevermind... found a friend's closed group and I can't see the admins.

Once you see a request to join the FB group, you can then contact said person here and say, "Hey, did you request to join the FB group?" If they say, "Yes," then you can let them in. Or not. Depending on how freaky they are, LOL.

Ari Chi3fs
02-09-2010, 08:15 PM
feel free to add me, unless you are a douchebag. http://facebook.com/teedubyaw

Braincase
02-09-2010, 09:10 PM
I'm on there. I don't expect too many folks to want me on their friend list though.

Mr. Laz
02-09-2010, 09:15 PM
I'm a fb junkie. I'll admit it. Ask anyone on here who is friends with me.:hmmm:

Mr. Flopnuts
02-09-2010, 09:31 PM
feel free to add me, unless you are a douchebag. http://facebook.com/teedubyaw

Too late. :D

JD10367
02-09-2010, 09:35 PM
:hmmm:

Dude, has anyone told you your pussy looks discontented?

KcMizzou
02-09-2010, 09:39 PM
I'm on there. I don't expect too many folks to want me on their friend list though.Dude, Ari's on my list. Clearly any Beaker's welcome. :D

luv
02-09-2010, 09:46 PM
Dude, has anyone told you your pussy looks discontented?

LMAO

I told him it looked annoyed the other day.

Dartgod
02-09-2010, 10:17 PM

I belong to the group, but can't see anything there. What's up with that?

"Bob" Dobbs
02-09-2010, 10:18 PM
Looks like someone deleted everything.

Bugeater
02-09-2010, 10:22 PM
Well that's one way to keep it secure...

Mr. Flopnuts
02-09-2010, 10:23 PM
LMAO Why was the entire page scrubbed?

Bugeater
02-09-2010, 10:25 PM
LMAO Why was the entire page scrubbed?
Two words: Intranet Mafia

KcMizzou
LMAO Why was the entire page scrubbed?Shhhhh probably caught on to it and intarweb nuked it.

You don't fuck with Shhhhhh.

KcMizzou
Two words: Intranet MafiaDamn you.

JD10367
02-09-2010, 10:27 PM
You guys are attributing too much to this Internet Mafia crap. I mean, really. You're being ridicu... hold on, I think I hear a sound. BRB.

Nope. Nothing there. Anyways, as I was saying, this Internet Mafia thing is bullshit. There's no sudfasH/. kor
wepr
r
[ j hjh

jer

Douche Baggins
02-09-2010, 10:28 PM
You guys are attributing too much to this Internet Mafia crap. I mean, really. You're being ridicu... hold on, I think I hear a sound. BRB.

Nope. Nothing there. Anyways, as I was saying, this Internet Mafia thing is bullshit. There's no sudfasH/. kor
wepr
r
[ j hjh

jer

THIS WAS NOT FUNNY.

IT WAS A FAILED ATTEMPT AT HUMOR.

"Bob" Dobbs
02-09-2010, 10:30 PM
THIS WAS NOT FUNNY.

IT WAS A FAILED ATTEMPT AT HUMOR.<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0d2LAs-WL_4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0d2LAs-WL_4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Bearcat
02-09-2010, 10:35 PM

Facebook is screwed up... if I change it back to open, it looks fine, but when it's set to closed, there's just the one wall post and the info tab. Earlier, I'd click on the Info tab and the other tabs would appear.

"Bob" Dobbs
02-09-2010, 10:37 PM
Facebook is screwed up... if I change it back to open, it looks fine, but when it's set to closed, there's just the one wall post and the info tab. Earlier, I'd click on the Info tab and the other tabs would appear.Big surprise. Facebook would be a LOT better experience if they'd just squash a couple of bugs.

Bugeater
02-09-2010, 10:38 PM
Big surprise. Facebook would be a LOT better experience if they'd just squash a couple of bugs.
HEYYY...easy now...

"Bob" Dobbs
02-09-2010, 10:39 PM
lol

Mr. Flopnuts
02-09-2010, 10:39 PM
I've been having facebook issues all night.

Bugeater
02-09-2010, 10:40 PM
It's been floundering all day long, I'm guessing it has something to do with the pointless changes they are making to it.

"Bob" Dobbs
02-09-2010, 10:40 PM
Ever since they started the new look rollout, they've been screwier than usual.

"Bob" Dobbs
02-09-2010, 10:42 PM
I found a way to get the old status feed to work, but there's no apparent way to make it "stick" between sessions. If they'd offer that, I'd be happy with 'em.

Bearcat
02-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Big surprise. Facebook would be a LOT better experience if they'd just squash a couple of bugs.

My home page has been screwy since the layout change... I've had friend requests come back and when I click on them it'll say "request does not exist" and then they'll go away after a couple of refreshes, and the timeline doesn't always work.

It's pretty intense from a programming perspective though, because each person has a unique timeline... it's impressive that it works as well as it does, especially considering a site like Twitter has more problems with less complexity.

"Bob" Dobbs
02-09-2010, 10:46 PM
You'd think they could fix the chat system easily enough, though.

luv
02-09-2010, 10:57 PM

Wasn't me. Scurrying to check settings....

luv
02-09-2010, 11:00 PM
Weird. None of the settings have changed. Everyone should be able to see/do anything.

luv
02-09-2010, 11:02 PM
Yeah. Whenever I try posting a comment, it tells me something went wrong, and that they're fixing it as soon as they can. I'd say FB is fucked up right now.

Sofa King
02-10-2010, 07:58 AM
another probably pointless option would be to create another account, and use that one...

might be a moot point though, really...

Bearcat
02-10-2010, 08:02 AM
Yeah. Whenever I try posting a comment, it tells me something went wrong, and that they're fixing it as soon as they can. I'd say FB is ****ed up right now.

And let me guess, you did it 6 times before figuring out it wasn't going to work.... :p

mikeyis4dcats.
02-10-2010, 08:16 AM
will Skip be allowed to join the FB group?

Dartgod
02-10-2010, 08:18 AM
Yeah. Whenever I try posting a comment, it tells me something went wrong, and that they're fixing it as soon as they can. I'd say FB is ****ed up right now.
It seems to be working now.

Sofa King
02-10-2010, 08:20 AM
will Skip be allowed to join the FB group?

that was my first thought as well..

|Zach|
02-10-2010, 08:43 AM
It's been floundering all day long, I'm guessing it has something to do with the pointless changes they are making to it.

LMAO You guys are great.

Bearcat
02-10-2010, 09:09 AM
You'd think they could fix the chat system easily enough, though.

This might help... I use AIM and gtalk and wouldn't mind having FB friends added to it. I haven't used AIM software in a long time though (Trillian and pidgin)...

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/02/10/aol-cracks-open-aims-door-and-lets-in-facebook/?src=twt&twt=nytimesbits

February 10, 2010, 8:32 am
AOL Cracks Open AIM’s Door and Lets In Facebook
By BRAD STONE

AOL is finally opening up AOL Instant Messenger, its popular chat network.

As Miguel Helft and I reported Wednesday, AOL is integrating Facebook chat with AIM, which is actively used by 17 million people each month in the United States. People who download the new AIM software (here in beta) can use it to chat with their Facebook friends without logging into Facebook

The move is long overdue. While services like Meebo, Apple’s iChat and Google Chat have integrated with other chat services over the years, growing more useful and stronger as a result, the AIM software has remained a lonely island: log onto AIM, and you can only chat with your AIM friends. That, along with the occasionally overbearing advertisements in the AIM software, has sent many users packing for other online chat tools.

Brad Garlinghouse, president for Internet and mobile communications at AOL, said that in the past AOL had not adapted its instant messenger service to meet user expectations of interoperability. Under a new management team, AOL’s attitude is changing.

“We are now taking risks that historically we would not have taken,” he said. “People who use AIM are much more likely to use other parts of the AOL experience. So for us we are looking at creating a more useful product. This is about getting back to basics.”

Over-Head
02-10-2010, 10:06 AM
Addicted to Mafia Wars :p

|Zach|
02-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Addicted to Mafia Wars :p

Terrible.

tooge
02-10-2010, 11:08 AM
mainly get on there to see if the gals I nailed over the years are still good looking or fat

Braincase
02-10-2010, 11:10 AM
mainly get on there to see if the gals I nailed over the years are still good looking or fat

Mileage may vary.

Tango&Cash
02-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Terrible.

No shit.....THIS!

This goes for Farmville as well.

Sofa King
02-10-2010, 02:08 PM
mainly get on there to see if the gals I nailed over the years are still fat

FYP

JD10367
02-10-2010, 05:27 PM
THIS WAS NOT FUNNY.

Only children type in all caps.

Now get back to your miserable-life "I have a date" thread.

Over-Head
02-10-2010, 06:19 PM
I've befriended people I used to go to church with. I don't mind keeping up with people, and I really liked most of them. Thing is, I was an independent, fundamental baptist. Not so much anymore. I've had a few of them drop me.

Gee and to think I always thought it was only the fuggen Jo Ho's that did this shit :shake:

Mr. Flopnuts
02-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Is facebook absolutely fucked right now for anyone else? I can't open up conversations. Hell, I can't click on anything. Who broke facebook?

Jenson71
02-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Is facebook absolutely ****ed right now for anyone else? I can't open up conversations. Hell, I can't click on anything. Who broke facebook?

Bob Dole was probably ****ing around with it.

Has this joke been said, yet?

Bugeater
02-10-2010, 09:15 PM
Is facebook absolutely ****ed right now for anyone else? I can't open up conversations. Hell, I can't click on anything. Who broke facebook?
It's more functional now than it was at this time last night.

Guru
02-10-2010, 09:33 PM
You'd think they could fix the chat system easily enough, though.I sure wish they would give you the option in chat to have it so certain people can't see that you are online. I hate having to turn off my chat just to avoid a couple of people. And for the record, it is none of my friends here at CP.

DaneMcCloud
02-10-2010, 09:34 PM
I sure wish they would give you the option in chat to have it so certain people can't see that you are online. I hate having to turn off my chat just to avoid a couple of people. And for the record, it is none of my friends here at CP.

Yeah, sure.

:rolleyes:

:D

"Bob" Dobbs
02-10-2010, 09:36 PM
I sure wish they would give you the option in chat to have it so certain people can't see that you are online. I hate having to turn off my chat just to avoid a couple of people. And for the record, it is none of my friends here at CP.Exactly. And it seems like chat should be much more stable, and not constantly dropping offline. The client just plain sucks.

KcMizzou
02-10-2010, 09:40 PM
I sure wish they would give you the option in chat to have it so certain people can't see that you are online. I hate having to turn off my chat just to avoid a couple of people. And for the record, it is none of my friends here at CP.lol... my chat's nearly always off for that very reason. You should be able to pick and choose who can see you online.

KcMizzou
02-10-2010, 09:41 PM
Exactly. And it seems like chat should be much more stable, and not constantly dropping offline. The client just plain sucks.It does.

Guru
02-10-2010, 09:49 PM
Yeah, sure.

:rolleyes:

:DLike I would ever see you available in chat.:LOL: I always have to wait for you to contact me. :p:)

DaneMcCloud
02-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Like I would ever see you available in chat.:LOL: I always have to wait for you to contact me. :p:)

LMAO

Yeah, it's been crazy busy since right about Thanksgiving. I was on FB for just a few minutes yesterday and the chat kept freezing my browser.

Hopefully, they'll get that fixed soon.

Guru
02-10-2010, 10:30 PM
LMAO

Yeah, it's been crazy busy since right about Thanksgiving. I was on FB for just a few minutes yesterday and the chat kept freezing my browser.

Hopefully, they'll get that fixed soon.I just figured you got Lost.

luv
02-10-2010, 10:36 PM
Whoever you are, I don't know about Bearcat, but I won't confirm you until I know who you are on here.

Bearcat
02-10-2010, 10:49 PM
Whoever you are, I don't know about Bearcat, but I won't confirm you until I know who you are on here.

Yeah, I've only confirmed those I've gotten PMs from, too.

Bugeater
02-10-2010, 11:04 PM
It's probably redrum or marlboro chief using a fake name.

luv
02-10-2010, 11:08 PM
It's probably redrum or marlboro chief using a fake name.

Eh. If anyone starts trouble, we can remove them. :)

Bearcat
02-11-2010, 03:35 PM
LMAO

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/blog/2010/feb/11/facebook-readwriteweb

There are a lot of people who use Google to get around the internet and do things like login to facebook... apparently this article (http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/facebook_wants_to_be_your_one_true_login.php) made it to the top of Google's search results for searches like "facebook login" and "login for facebook" and hilarity ensued in the comments section. So, they had to make a warning in the article telling people they weren't viewing FB. Some of the comments are probably fake, but there's some comedy gold.

The internet is hard.

Bugeater
02-11-2010, 03:48 PM
LMAO

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/blog/2010/feb/11/facebook-readwriteweb

There are a lot of people who use Google to get around the internet and do things like login to facebook... apparently this article (http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/facebook_wants_to_be_your_one_true_login.php) made it to the top of Google's search results for searches like "facebook login" and "login for facebook" and hilarity ensued in the comments section. So, they had to make a warning in the article telling people they weren't viewing FB. Some of the comments are probably fake, but there's some comedy gold.

The internet is hard.
That's top-shelf comedy there...but then again with the way FB is always changing things I suppose I can almost see how people could fall into that trap.

Over-Head
02-11-2010, 06:04 PM
THIS WAS NOT FUNNY.

Your a failed attempt at a blow job being swallowed, whats your point?

Fruit Ninja
02-11-2010, 06:14 PM
i clicked on the Chiefsplanet thing. I am the mexican dude with a red Chiefs beanie and Chiefs sweater on.

NewChief
02-11-2010, 06:24 PM
I sure wish they would give you the option in chat to have it so certain people can't see that you are online. I hate having to turn off my chat just to avoid a couple of people. And for the record, it is none of my friends here at CP.

Are you sure they don't have that? You can usually handle groups like that in a variety of ways. I have my students set up to only be able to view certain things on my FB.

Chat, though, I always leave off. That was really awkward and annoying whenever some student would try to chat me up on FB.

luv
02-11-2010, 06:32 PM
i clicked on the Chiefsplanet thing. I am the mexican dude with a red Chiefs beanie and Chiefs sweater on.

You're in.

|Zach|
02-11-2010, 06:51 PM

They do.