PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Redskins May Go QB with #4? (PFT)

DA_T_84
02-09-2010, 04:31 PM
Wonder how this will play into our situation? And is there a snowball's chance in hell that Berry lasts until us at #5?

Shanahan planning to take a quarterback at No. 4?
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 9, 2010 3:01 PM ET

As Mike Shanahan re-builds the Washington Redskins, his single biggest decision will come on April 22, when he decides what to do with the fourth pick in the 2010 NFL draft.

A report out today suggests that Shanahan is likely to take a quarterback.

Jason Reid of the Washington Post, citing an unnamed league source familiar with Shanahan's thinking, reports that Shanahan is eager to draft and develop a young quarterback.

If Shanahan is planning to take a quarterback, the most likely pick would be Sam Bradford of Oklahoma, who is generally regarded as the best of the bunch -- provided his injured shoulder has healed. Notre Dame's Jimmy Clausen would also be an option.

Of course, given that some draft experts don't believe any quarterbacks in this year's class are worthy of a Top 10 pick, Shanahan might want to keep Jason Campbell around and skip the quarterbacks in the first round.

That's the key decision for Shanahan in what's sure to be a busy off-season.

The Bad Guy
02-09-2010, 04:34 PM
I think that would be bad unless Okung went 2 to Detroit.

I really want Okung gone before we pick.

LaChapelle
02-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Weis needs to go full erection on Clausen in the media

Chocolate Hog
02-09-2010, 04:36 PM
Who cares as long as Berry is still there at #5.

RustShack
02-09-2010, 04:46 PM
The Redskins will take Clausen if hes there, if hes not they go another direction.

DA_T_84
02-09-2010, 04:46 PM
STL - Suh / McCoy / Clausen / Bradford
DET - McCoy / Suh / Okung
TB - Berry / McCoy / Okung
WAS - Bradford / Clausen / Okung

The way I see it, TB is the only team to steal Berry from us....

The Bad Guy
02-09-2010, 04:51 PM
STL - Suh / McCoy / Clausen / Bradford
DET - McCoy / Suh / Okung
TB - Berry / McCoy / Okung
WAS - Bradford / Clausen / Okung

The way I see it, TB is the only team to steal Berry from us....

Which sucks because of Monte Kiffin's connection with that team. Kiffin is going to tell Morris, Domenik and anyone else in the FO how much of a stud he is. Berry also played in a similar scheme to the one Tampa will run.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-09-2010, 04:52 PM
3 of the top 4 teams have really good free safeties. Tampa is the only wildcard, but they have a huge hole at DT.

I think Tampa takes McCoy if he's there.

As long as the top 2 picks aren't Suh and McCoy in some order, we get Berry, IMO.

DeezNutz
02-09-2010, 04:54 PM
As long as the top 2 picks aren't Suh and McCoy in some order, we get the opportunity to pass on Berry, too, IMO.

FYP

RustShack
02-09-2010, 04:57 PM
What if it goes.. Suh, McCoy, Berry, Clausen. If we end up with a LT I will blow a gasket. We better take McClain.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-09-2010, 04:58 PM
FYP

If we do that, I'm going to Garozzo's and covering Pioli's scungilli with the blood of a hemophiliac Hatian bisexual heroin addict.

DA_T_84
02-09-2010, 05:02 PM
As long as the top 2 picks aren't Suh and McCoy in some order, we get Berry, IMO.

I, too, think that is the key. And I think the key to that key, ultimately comes down to St. Louis. The way we get Berry is if St. Louis takes a QB over Suh.

I wonder if Washington thinking about going with a QB puts any pressure on STL to go in that direction also? I don't know.

If one goes early, there might be a fire-sale since there are only 2-3 QB's. If one doesn't go early, one of them might fall to the early second round. Thus, Washington taking Bradford/Clausen might hurt STL in round two if they are counting on one being there.

DeezNutz
02-09-2010, 05:06 PM
If we do that, I'm going to Garozzo's and covering Pioli's scungilli with the blood of a hemophiliac Hatian bisexual heroin addict.

I agree; a moderate approach would be a sensible reaction to this level of dumbassery on the part of the GM.

OnTheWarpath58
02-09-2010, 05:08 PM
I, too, think that is the key. And I think the key to that key, ultimately comes down to St. Louis. The way we get Berry is if St. Louis takes a QB over Suh.

I wonder if Washington thinking about going with a QB puts any pressure on STL to go in that direction also? I don't know.

If one goes early, there might be a fire-sale since there are only 2-3 QB's. If one doesn't go early, one of them might fall to the early second round. Thus, Washington taking Bradford/Clausen might hurt Detroit in round two if they are counting on one being there.

:spock:

SDChiefs
02-09-2010, 05:12 PM

If one goes early, there might be a fire-sale since there are only 2-3 QB's. If one doesn't go early, one of them might fall to the early second round. Thus, Washington taking Bradford/Clausen might hurt Detroit in round two if they are counting on one being there.

You do know they just drafted Stafford with the number one pick in the draft just this last year. Are they trying to stockpile QBs for the future?

DA_T_84
02-09-2010, 05:12 PM
What if it goes.. Suh, McCoy, Berry, Clausen. If we end up with a LT I will blow a gasket. We better take McClain.

I agree. I will die or cause someone else to die if we take Okung. Or some other no name fuck LT (Campbell).

About McClain: I've heard talk that McClain at 5 is a huge stretch because he is a smaller ILB, and also because he projects to be less athletic than DJ, who barely cracked the starting lineup this year.

I am wondering if we get into this situation if we go with Joe Hayden, Dez Bryant, or even a CJ Spiller (a/la Percy Harvin last year). Or friggin' Bradford even.

DA_T_84
02-09-2010, 05:13 PM
:spock:

I meant ST. LOOEY.... good catch :thumb:

58kcfan89
02-09-2010, 05:21 PM
I still think St. Louis takes Clausen at No. 1. That franchise desperately needs a QB considering Bulger simply isn't cutting it anymore and I think he'll have a good combine. They've spent enough picks recently on lineman and I think fans want to see some sexy/exciting picks.

If I was making a mock top 5... It's way too early to do it, but whatever...

1. St. Louis - Clausen
2. Detroit - Suh
3. Tampa - here's where it gets tough for me... I think they take McCoy, but Berry's obviously a good option for them, too...
4. Washington - Bradford

Leaving KC with the option of either Berry, McClain or maybe we'll take a huge reach again... Either way, I'm happy with Berry or McClain.

I agree. I will die or cause someone else to die if we take Okung. Or some other no name **** LT (Campbell).

About McClain: I've heard talk that McClain at 5 is a huge stretch because he is a smaller ILB, and also because he projects to be less athletic than DJ, who barely cracked the starting lineup this year.

I am wondering if we get into this situation if we go with Joe Hayden, Dez Bryant, or even a CJ Spiller (a/la Percy Harvin last year). Or friggin' Bradford even.

Since when has stretching/reaching been a problem with our FO? McClain is a very smart guy and I think he can be a leader on defense for a long time. He may not be the most athletic guy ever, but he's always in the right place.

But if we take a LT, I'm gunna be pissed, too. I gotta agree on that...

DA_T_84
02-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Since when has stretching/reaching been a problem with our FO? McClain is a very smart guy and I think he can be a leader on defense for a long time. He may not be the most athletic guy ever, but he's always in the right place.

You are right. I could totally see us reaching; I just hope we don't is all.

McClain is smart, yes, but I think the knock on his athleticism is even more apparent when you consider that he had the fattest summamabitch ever directly in front of him eating space and taking up blockers.

I don't want to use a number 5 pick with that risk. However, if you told me McClain or a LT.... I would take McClain 12 times out of 10.

OnTheWarpath58
02-09-2010, 05:36 PM
I agree. I will die or cause someone else to die if we take Okung. Or some other no name fuck LT (Campbell).

6-4, 260 is small?

RustShack
02-09-2010, 05:41 PM
6-4, 260 is small?

I think hes thinking of the other ILB's in the draft ROFL

RustShack
02-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Do people know who the HC of the Redskins is? Why the hell would they take Bradford?

Mecca
02-09-2010, 05:43 PM
Do people know who the HC of the Redskins is? Why the hell would they take Bradford?

Because at this point Bradford is the highest regarded QB by NFL people.

DA_T_84
02-09-2010, 05:44 PM
6-4, 260 is small?

This is why I shouldn't believe everything I read. I didn't realize those were his size stats. He is, indeed, a larger man.

Damn. I've been pwned twice in the last twenty minutes. I need to hush more.

RustShack
02-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Because at this point Bradford is the highest regarded QB by NFL people.

I'm sure Shanahan would rather stick with a QB like Campbell than drafting an injury prone QB lacking the tools he looks for. If hes drafted a QB at 5 its Clausen, if hes not there hes not taking a QB.

Mecca
02-09-2010, 05:46 PM
I'm sure Shanahan would rather stick with a QB like Campbell than drafting an injury prone QB lacking the tools he looks for. If hes drafted a QB at 5 its Clausen, if hes not there hes not taking a QB.

I'm going to disagree with this, you do realize Shanahan runs the west coast offense right?

Also Jason Campbell's time has gone, they won't be sticking with him.

OnTheWarpath58
02-09-2010, 05:47 PM
I think Shanahan could turn Campbell into a solid QB.

Shit, he was 15th in passer rating this year, had a 64.5 completion percentage and had a 1.33:1 TD:INT ratio.

All while playing for a shitty team, with a shitty OL and 27th ranked running game.

Now, will they keep him? Doubtful.

Mecca
02-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Campbell's problem is he completes a high percentage because he has a penchant to just take the 3 yard dumpoff every single time.

RustShack
02-09-2010, 05:50 PM
I'm going to disagree with this, you do realize Shanahan runs the west coast offense right?

Also Jason Campbell's time has gone, they won't be sticking with him.

He also prefers the strong armed can win games on their own guys like Elway and Cutler. Something Clausen is, and Bradford isn't.

RustShack
02-09-2010, 05:51 PM
Campbell's problem is he completes a high percentage because he has a penchant to just take the 3 yard dumpoff every single time.

Like a West Coast QB?

OnTheWarpath58

I wouldn't go that far.

7.1 yards per attempt, 15th in the league.

.2 of a yard less than Kurt Warner.

RustShack
I think Shanahan could turn Campbell into a solid QB.

Shit, he was 15th in passer rating this year, had a 64.5 completion percentage and had a 1.33:1 TD:INT ratio.

All while playing for a shitty team, with a shitty OL and 27th ranked running game.

Now, will they keep him? Doubtful.

He turned Griese and Plummer into decent QB's.

Mecca
02-09-2010, 05:52 PM
I wouldn't go that far.

7.1 yards per attempt, 15th in the league.

.2 of a yard less than Kurt Warner.

We've all watched him though right? That stat is very misleading because the guy just isn't very good, he somehow has better numbers than how he's ever looked.

And I think some people are going to wonder in disbelief because at this point I don't think Clausen is going to go nearly as high as some are expecting.

Mecca
02-09-2010, 05:54 PM
He turned Griese and Plummer into decent QB's.

This is Washington's start over point, they need to sell tickets and they aren't going to sell Jason Campbell to that fan base any longer.

OnTheWarpath58
02-09-2010, 05:55 PM
We've all watched him though right? That stat is very misleading because the guy just isn't very good, he somehow has better numbers than how he's ever looked.

And I think some people are going to wonder in disbelief because at this point I don't think Clausen is going to go nearly as high as some are expecting.

I thought he looked pretty decent in the few games I watched this year. He's definitely progressing, but slowly.

Then again, the guy has had a different OC and scheme every year of his career.

The kid has more physical tools than Bradford, IMO.

Mecca
02-09-2010, 05:56 PM
I thought he looked pretty decent in the few games I watched this year. He's definitely progressing, but slowly.

Then again, the guy has had a different OC and scheme every year of his career.

The kid has more physical tools than Bradford, IMO.

Maybe he does but we're starting to see teams not value that as much, Matt Ryan doesn't have elite physical tools either and that is already who the NFL is comparing Bradford with.

OnTheWarpath58
02-09-2010, 05:57 PM
This is Washington's start over point, they need to sell tickets and they aren't going to sell Jason Campbell to that fan base any longer.

Considering they have a STH waiting list right now, I don't think they're concerned.

And Shanahan isn't going (nor should any other HC or GM) to make a decision like this based on the fucking fans.

Mecca
02-09-2010, 05:58 PM
I just don't see any way they run Campbell back out there, they were ready to move on from him last year and he did nothing to change their minds on that front.

OnTheWarpath58
02-09-2010, 05:59 PM
I just don't see any way they run Campbell back out there, they were ready to move on from him last year and he did nothing to change their minds on that front.

New regime, there's no telling.

Nothing would shock me.

Chocolate Hog
02-09-2010, 06:22 PM
Campbell was awesome vs the Chiefs, not really. coisidence the year he got hurt the team surged and made the playoffs with Todd Collins?

Shox
02-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Shox
02-09-2010, 06:49 PM
If Bradford or Classen goes in front of us and there is only one left when we are on the clock, we will trade down regardless of who is available (other than Suh). Two or three teams could have interest in jumping in front of Seatle to get a QB.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
02-09-2010, 06:51 PM
If Bradford or Classen goes in front of us and there is only one left when we are on the clock, we will trade down regardless of who is available (other than Suh). Two or three teams could have interest in jumping in front of Seatle to get a QB.
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't think this post makes much of any sense.

The Bad Guy
02-09-2010, 06:52 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Bullshit.

Mecca
02-09-2010, 06:55 PM
I'd love to know why the Chiefs would be taking Suh or why anyone would have to trade ahead of Seattle for a QB.

Chocolate Hog
02-09-2010, 07:00 PM
I'd love to know why the Chiefs would be taking Suh or why anyone would have to trade ahead of Seattle for a QB.

Because he was dominated in the 4-3!

Shox
02-09-2010, 07:01 PM
Becsuse Seattle will very likley be in the QB market.
Posted via Mobile Device

Shox
02-09-2010, 07:01 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Shox
02-09-2010, 07:02 PM
You don't think the Chiefs would take Suh if fell to #5????
Posted via Mobile Device

Chocolate Hog
02-09-2010, 07:02 PM
Suh isn't a DT in the 3-4 defense.

Shox
02-09-2010, 07:03 PM
They would take him in a heartbeat!!!!. But this is not the point because he is going #1 or #2.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chocolate Hog
02-09-2010, 07:04 PM
No.

DeezNutz
02-09-2010, 07:05 PM
They would take him in a heartbeat!!!!. But this is not the point because he is going #1 or #2.
Posted via Mobile Device

Why?

What position is he going to play?

Shox
02-09-2010, 07:09 PM
He may not be an ideal NT, but he is better than what we have. Draft and trade, would be the scenerio. Again, it is a mute point he won't be there.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chocolate Hog
02-09-2010, 07:10 PM
So draft a guy to play a position he doesn't fit at #5? That is outstanding logic.

Brock
He may not be an ideal NT, but he is better than what we have. Draft and trade, would be the scenerio. Again, it is a mute point he won't be there.
Posted via Mobile Device

He's not a NT at all.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Suh would work at NT if we didn't run this stupid fucking Bend-But-Don't-Break, occupy blockers with 120 million dollars worth of DEs 3-4.

DeezNutz
02-09-2010, 07:11 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

So draft Suh, and then trade him to the highest bidder?

Who could possibly think to use this type of philosophy? :hmmm:

Mr. Flopnuts
02-09-2010, 07:11 PM
Becsuse Seattle will very likley be in the QB market.
Posted via Mobile Device

No. They won't.

Shox
02-09-2010, 07:14 PM
No. They won't.

Why would Seattle not be in the market. Hasselback has underperformed for two years, is aging and has missed significant playing time for two straight seasons. His best years are behind him. They will certainly be looking for a QB. They may not take one at #6, but the guys behind them can't be sure if they really want Bradford or Classen.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Bad Guy
02-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Suh would work at NT if we didn't run this stupid ****ing Bend-But-Don't-Break, occupy blockers with 120 million dollars worth of DEs 3-4.

Well to be fair you don't really know what version of the 3-4 Romeo will run. I know it won't be the stupid fucking scheme that Clancy ran.

-King-
02-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Man, I feel sorry for Jason Campbell. The guy isn't even bad. He was literally given chicken shit(his line/WRs/RBs/Front Office/Coaching) and he damn near turned it into chicken salad. I don't see why everybody acts like he isn't that good.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-09-2010, 07:16 PM
Well to be fair you don't really know what version of the 3-4 Romeo will run. I know it won't be the stupid fucking scheme that Clancy ran.

I'm pretty damned sure it's going to be the Fairbanks-Bullough defense that he ran in New England and Cleveland.

-King-

Clancy ran a scheme? I just thought he pedaled some guys out there and prayed they wouldn't fuck up too bad.

The Bad Guy
Posted via Mobile Device

Ahh yes, he's better than what we have argument. That only applies to about 95% of the draft pool.

DeezNutz
02-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Well to be fair you don't really know what version of the 3-4 Romeo will run. I know it won't be the stupid ****ing scheme that Clancy ran.

You think his system is going to evolve from his prior jobs?

The Bad Guy
02-09-2010, 07:17 PM
You think his system is going to evolve from his prior jobs?

I do, but Clancy didn't run the same style of 3-4 that Romeo ran in New England.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-09-2010, 07:18 PM
I do, but Clancy didn't run the same style of 3-4 that Romeo ran in New England.

I wasn't talking about Clancy's system. I was talking about the Fairbanks-Bullough system that all the Belichick automatons run.

Shox
02-09-2010, 07:19 PM
How about the argument he is probably the best player in the draft. Your right we would not take him, but somebody else will be taken him at #5 in our place if he falls. Once again this was not the point I was trying to make.
Posted via Mobile Device

TRR
Man, I feel sorry for Jason Campbell. The guy isn't even bad. He was literally given chicken shit(his line/WRs/RBs/Front Office/Coaching) and he damn near turned it into chicken shit. I don't see why everybody acts like he isn't that good.

Chicken shit into chicken shit? You mean chicken salad?

Suh is not a true NT, but Cody definitely is which makes me think Cody will not last till the 2nd round.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chocolate Hog
We don't want Suh guys.

Shox
02-09-2010, 07:20 PM
I agree I think Cody is likely to go in the bottom 1/3 of the 1st round.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
02-09-2010, 07:20 PM
Chicken shit into chicken shit? You mean chicken salad?

Suh is not a true NT, but Cody definitely is which makes me think Cody will not last till the 2nd round.
Posted via Mobile Device

:doh!: Im a dumb ass. Yeah, he turned it into chicken salad.

RustShack
02-09-2010, 07:29 PM
Holy shit someone actually thinks the Chiefs would draft Suh? We aren't taking a DE three years in a row. Do you want us to become the Lions or something?

Shox
02-09-2010, 07:31 PM
Holy shit someone actually thinks the Chiefs would draft Suh? We aren't taking a DE three years in a row. Do you want us to become the Lions or something?

NO one thinks we are taking Suh, this thread has totally gone off the track.
Posted via Mobile Device

Shox
02-09-2010, 07:32 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious
02-09-2010, 08:33 PM
this thread has totally gone off the track.
Posted via Mobile Device

And you are the conductor.....

Mr. Flopnuts
02-09-2010, 08:42 PM
Why would Seattle not be in the market. Hasselback has underperformed for two years, is aging and has missed significant playing time for two straight seasons. His best years are behind him. They will certainly be looking for a QB. They may not take one at #6, but the guys behind them can't be sure if they really want Bradford or Classen.
Posted via Mobile Device

Carroll may go after Clausen, but I doubt it. I think Seattle waits on their QB because Locker is going to look like a pretty good prospect next year playing USC's offense this last year, and his senior year coming up. He excelled greatly in that offense and pumped his draft stock way up. Honestly, if he came out this year I think Seattle would've taken him. But I think Locker is the guy Seattle is going to try and make their franchise QB. I expect them to push for him next year regardless of where they end up. We'll see what happens.

Mecca
02-09-2010, 08:47 PM
If they take Locker it's a home town pick...because as things go I don't think he'll get the top QB grade next year.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-09-2010, 08:57 PM
If they take Locker it's a home town pick...because as things go I don't think he'll get the top QB grade next year.

Who do you think will?

The other candidates are Mallett, Gabbert, Jacory Harris, Andrew Luck, or Nick Foles.

Mecca
02-09-2010, 09:00 PM
Mallett will likely get the highest grade from scouts.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-09-2010, 09:05 PM
I don't necessarily disagree with you, but Mallett's accuracy is atrocious.

RustShack
02-09-2010, 09:14 PM
Who do you think will?

The other candidates are Mallett, Gabbert, Jacory Harris, Andrew Luck, or Nick Foles.

Keep doubting Austin Arnaud!

milkman
02-10-2010, 06:46 AM
I don't necessarily disagree with you, but Mallett's accuracy is atrocious.

Because of that inaccuracy, I do disagree with him.

I think both Locker and Gabbert will be rated ahead of Mallet.

BigRedChief
02-10-2010, 07:17 AM
Who cares as long as Berry is still there at #5.I think Berry will be there at #5 and we will take him.

Tango&Cash
02-10-2010, 07:33 AM

ROFL

BigRedChief
02-10-2010, 07:39 AM
We don't want Suh guys.Doesn't matter. No way Suh falls to #5. And we certaintly won't be trading up to pick him.

RNR
02-10-2010, 08:11 AM
Man, I feel sorry for Jason Campbell. The guy isn't even bad. He was literally given chicken shit(his line/WRs/RBs/Front Office/Coaching) and he damn near turned it into chicken salad. I don't see why everybody acts like he isn't that good.
That ain't nothing Russell took chickenshit and turned it into bullshit~

MOhillbilly
02-10-2010, 08:25 AM
If the skins do go QB and for some reason cut Campbell KC would imo be wise to pick him up.

Pushead2
02-10-2010, 08:30 AM
If the skins do go QB and for some reason cut Campbell KC would imo be wise to pick him up.

Cheap backup with starting experience? could be good. Can he fit in Weiss' system?

OnTheWarpath58
02-10-2010, 08:33 AM

Cheap backup with starting experience? could be good. Can he fit in Weiss' system?

If the Redskins cut Campbell, STL will jump all over him.

MOhillbilly
02-10-2010, 08:48 AM

ive read this here before.

I go to sleep, wake up and its a new pond.

Molitoth
02-10-2010, 08:53 AM
Nobody thought we would have a chance at getting Dorsey and he fell to us... I think Berry could fall as well.

Icon
02-10-2010, 09:13 AM
I think Berry will be available at #5 and Pioli will not select him. I just don't see Pioli picking a Safety at #5 when he doesn't have his front 7 in place. I'm inclined to think he will try to trade down a few slots and pick McLain. I don't necessarily agree with this strategy but I just get the feeling based on his past drafts and his ties to Parcells that he will go DL and LB until he's satisfied that he has in place what he envisions as a strong front 7.

Pestilence
02-10-2010, 09:17 AM

Every rumor I've seen is that St. Louis is going to be pushing hard for Vick.

L.A. Chieffan
02-10-2010, 09:19 AM
id take campbell over cassel in a heartbeat

Pestilence
02-10-2010, 09:27 AM
I'd bring Campbell in and have a competition between him and Cassel. It'd never happen....but that's what I'd do.

-King-
02-10-2010, 10:09 AM
I'd bring Campbell in and have a competition between him and Cassel. It'd never happen....but that's what I'd do.

I wish they had waited to give cassel the contract because Campbell is probably a better qb than him and woulda come cheaper. With worse coaching, worse wrs, worse line, cambell did way better than cassel
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
02-10-2010, 10:11 AM

Yup, you and every other person with slight football knowledge.
Posted via Mobile Device

King_Chief_Fan
02-10-2010, 10:24 AM

wow, you must be kidding....based on what?

King_Chief_Fan
02-10-2010, 10:26 AM
I think Berry will be available at #5 and Pioli will not select him. I just don't see Pioli picking a Safety at #5 when he doesn't have his front 7 in place. I'm inclined to think he will try to trade down a few slots and pick McLain. I don't necessarily agree with this strategy but I just get the feeling based on his past drafts and his ties to Parcells that he will go DL and LB until he's satisfied that he has in place what he envisions as a strong front 7.

no offense Icon, but I think I will rely on Pioli's judgement and experience since he has a couple of years on you in that department. A strong front 7 is a must.

Pestilence
02-10-2010, 10:26 AM

You're joking......right?

MOhillbilly
02-10-2010, 10:27 AM

better arm,more mobile,played in college,4-5 different OCs in his career.

RustShack
02-10-2010, 11:57 AM
Nobody thought we would have a chance at getting Dorsey and he fell to us... I think Berry could fall as well.

He probably will since he has a chronic shoulder injury.

Frosty
02-10-2010, 12:29 PM
I think Berry will be available at #5 and the Chiefs will pass on him for Dan Williams, resulting in an epic meltdown here.

Not what I want but just a gut feeling.

Chocolate Hog
02-10-2010, 01:17 PM
better arm,more mobile,played in college,4-5 different OCs in his career.

And he sucked in all of them you might want to add that.

RJ
02-10-2010, 01:33 PM
From Rotoworld:

MLive.com's Tom Kowalski spoke to two "well-informed folks" from St. Louis at last week's Super Bowl who believe Sam Bradford could move to the top of the Rams' draft board should his shoulder check out OK.
"The Rams are desperate to replace Marc Bulger, who is not in the team's long-term plans," Kowalski writes. He also points out that the Rams were very close to drafting Mark Sanchez last April. Bradford's accuracy, smarts, and athleticism would make for an ideal fit in the Rams' West Coast offense.
Source: MLive.com

My sincere apologies in advance for whatever reason.

DA_T_84
02-10-2010, 01:42 PM
From Rotoworld:

MLive.com's Tom Kowalski spoke to two "well-informed folks" from St. Louis at last week's Super Bowl who believe Sam Bradford could move to the top of the Rams' draft board should his shoulder check out OK.
"The Rams are desperate to replace Marc Bulger, who is not in the team's long-term plans," Kowalski writes. He also points out that the Rams were very close to drafting Mark Sanchez last April. Bradford's accuracy, smarts, and athleticism would make for an ideal fit in the Rams' West Coast offense.
Source: MLive.com

Great News for the Berry hopeful. Rep.

MOhillbilly
02-10-2010, 02:05 PM

he is still a better option with more skills and upside than cassel at this point.

L.A. Chieffan
02-10-2010, 02:19 PM

not really. but coming from you it's not surprising.

The Bad Guy
02-10-2010, 02:20 PM
I'll love watching Gunther ruin Suh. How is that old crusty bag of fuck still even in the NFL?

MOhillbilly
02-10-2010, 02:25 PM
I'll love watching Gunther ruin Suh. How is that old crusty bag of **** still even in the NFL?

detroit + Suh will be guns final undoing.

MOhillbilly
02-10-2010, 02:27 PM
not really. but coming from you it's not surprising.

i was gonna say something but meh.

The Bad Guy
02-10-2010, 02:46 PM
detroit + Suh will be guns final undoing.

His final undoing should have been 5 years ago.

Now he's complaining that the offenses are too fancy (just like he was in 99) and how he's not changing his style.

His style has put him in the bottom third of the NFL for the last 4 years. His style is complete dogshit.

The Lions will never, ever progress with that load there.

milkman
02-10-2010, 02:48 PM
What is with this

"TIM-MAY"

That has been popping up around here lately?

Pestilence
02-10-2010, 02:50 PM
What is with this

"TIM-MAY"

There is all kinds of weird shit going on.

L.A. Chieffan
02-10-2010, 02:51 PM
What is with this

"TIM-MAY"

He does vocals for Timmy and the Lords of the Underworld.

Killer tunes.

RustShack
02-10-2010, 11:00 PM

Most QB's do suck their first year in a new scheme. You might not want to forget that.

Saccopoo
02-11-2010, 01:36 AM

*yawn*

Really? I'm shocked.

I mean, we better take a Mike backer with a top five pick, because, well, a Mike backer in a 3-4 is of utmost importance...and you know that you can never find a guy like that past the first round...

Saccopoo
02-11-2010, 01:44 AM
You do know they just drafted Stafford with the number one pick in the draft just this last year. Are they trying to stockpile QBs for the future?

Shhhh...don't let the secret out.

They are going to hold either Bradford, Clausen or Tebow hostage at the top of the second round. They will have so many trade offers because of it.
HOSTAGE!!! HOLD THAT MOTHER FUCKING DRAFT HOSTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!

King_Chief_Fan
02-11-2010, 08:15 AM
What is with this

"TIM-MAY"

type in D-O-G and you get Tim May....Lassie reference?