PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Julius Peppers possibly to Kansas City?

Pages : [1] 2

malachi47000
02-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Sorry if posted already. But as per Arrowhead Pride via ESPN: http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest

Julius Peppers: This is Clayton’s No. 3 story. The Carolina pass-rusher will likely hit the open market. Denver and KANSAS CITY -- and perhaps San Diego -- could make a run at him.

I would take him!..he has still got something to offer.

Count Zarth
02-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Just speculation.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-09-2010, 07:43 PM
malachi...you post too much...

ncCHIEFfan
02-09-2010, 07:43 PM
If the Chiefs can pick him up with losing draft pick, it would be a win win situation

Chocolate Hog
02-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Just speculation.

Nah Wipe is reporting it.

BigRedChief
02-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Just speculation.No chit. KC could use a pass rusher? wow....no one ever thought that before.

Fruit Ninja
02-09-2010, 07:51 PM
i think KC is a place people may want to look at. We got one hell of a coaching staff imo. Just their names brings recognition. It may be speculation, but some vet is ging to wan tto play in KC and be part of the puzzle that turns this crap around. If Arizona can do it, the Chiefs sure can.

/takes of Chiefs colored glasses.

LiL stumppy
02-09-2010, 07:54 PM
malachi...you post too much...

hah

The Bad Guy
02-09-2010, 08:06 PM
As I've said in previous threads, I'd take him in a minute. This team needs all the playmakers they can get.

I also think playing for Romeo will be very attractive for players. He wants to play in the 3-4. We have a major opening at OLB in the 3-4.

I honestly would be shocked if we aren't interested.

Easy 6
02-09-2010, 08:13 PM
Says a prayer, tucks self into bed.

OVERPAY to have this guy here for 3 years, even a Julius Peppers @ 80% motivational/age-wise... is a Top 5 DE/OLB, put him over LT & Hali on right...

THAT, is bang for the buck.

IF... a typical free agency period isnt available, where its somewhat possible to 'bargain shop'... make a huge splash or none at all, **** it... get a Difference Maker, or Mensa (yet NO ONE has ever been perfect in this regard) the draft & shop at the $1 store in free agency... for my buck... if its going to be highly difficult, atleast make it worth the effort.

Major splash, or nothing at all... dont **** around... we already have a bevy of lunch bucket fillers on O and D. If its REALLY going to be a kill, or be killed year... make each signing truly count.

Peppers in Kansas City would make a true statement to us long suffering fans, the NFL & its players.

Touchdown Bowe
02-09-2010, 08:16 PM
I wouldnt trade for him..but I'd consider signing him

RustShack
02-09-2010, 08:19 PM
I wouldn't be against signing him, but hes going to want way more than we are willing to give. And no way in hell I'm trading for him.

ForeverChiefs58
02-09-2010, 08:27 PM
Peppers and Dansby FTW

Von Dumbass
02-09-2010, 08:29 PM
Denver will not go after him. They would rather have a 26 year old Dumervil than a 30 year old Peppers. Dumervil would probably come a bit cheaper too.

RustShack
02-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Denver will not go after him. They would rather have a 26 year old Dumervil than a 30 year old Peppers. Dumervil would probably come a bit cheaper too.

You guys only use one OLB?

Von Dumbass
02-09-2010, 08:42 PM
You guys only use one OLB?
We have Mario Haggan and Robert Ayers already and both are pretty good OLB's.

We only need one rushbacker like Dumervil. I don't think having both Dumervil and Peppers would be a good thing for our run defense or when one of them has to drop back in coverage. I think Peppers will be worse than Dumervil at those things and Dumervil just doesn't have the speed to play like a real LB in coverage or when he is chasing a RB.

RustShack
02-09-2010, 09:40 PM

We only need one rushbacker like Dumervil. I don't think having both Dumervil and Peppers would be a good thing for our run defense or when one of them has to drop back in coverage. I think Peppers will be worse than Dumervil at those things and Dumervil just doesn't have the speed to play like a real LB in coverage or when he is chasing a RB.

Ah I forgot they drafted Ayers.

The Bad Guy
02-09-2010, 09:42 PM

Is this some kind of joke? What scale do you grade on?

Haggan sucks. Ayers was pretty awful in his rookie year.

The Bad Guy
02-09-2010, 09:43 PM

It's pretty easy to forget when he was nothing special at all.

Here's a quote from a Denver writer.

<TD>http://www.rotoworld.com/images/pixel.gif</TD> <TD class=s_playerNewsLeftBorder>http://www.rotoworld.com/images/pixel.gif</TD><TD class=s_playerNewsText>According to beat writer Frank Schwab, anyone believing 2009 first-rounder Robert Ayers had a positive impact as a rookie "can't see past their orange and blue tinted glasses."</TD>

Rausch
02-09-2010, 09:50 PM
Not a fit if we're keeping this defense.

-King-
02-09-2010, 09:52 PM

The sad this is, Tyson Jackson had almost double the tackles Ayers had, and Ayers is a LB.

The Bad Guy
02-09-2010, 09:54 PM

100% disagree.

RustShack
02-09-2010, 09:55 PM
Is my name really RustSJason Whitlock? How long has this been going on and why has no one told me!?

RustShack

ROFL

Mr. Flopnuts
Is my name really RustSJason Whitlock? How long has this been going on and why has no one told me!?

LMAO What part of your name has been replaced?

ForeverChiefs58
02-09-2010, 09:56 PM
he is more talent than anything we have now

RustShack
02-09-2010, 09:57 PM
LMAO What part of your name has been replaced?

OK what the hell is happening!? Are people just adding that when they quote me or what.. your quote has my name right

DBOSHO
02-09-2010, 09:57 PM
Im not sure how well he would be able to cover tight ends.

DBOSHO
02-09-2010, 09:59 PM

I will NEVER forget robert ayers.

Rausch
02-09-2010, 10:01 PM
100% disagree.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_uarZGFUfQ2A/SxPdwT6fyLI/AAAAAAAAAGg/3gdJ9zEtCJ4/s1600/GIKbuscemi.JPG

Rausch
02-09-2010, 10:04 PM
he is more talent than anything we have now

True.

He'd fit Hali's role perfectly. Perhaps better.

I'm also sure there's a limit to how many DT's we expect to overachieve at DE and how many DE's we expect to overachieve at OLB.

RustShack
02-09-2010, 10:08 PM
True.

He'd fit Hali's role perfectly. Perhaps better.

I'm also sure there's a limit to how many DT's we expect to overachieve at DE and how many DE's we expect to overachieve at OLB.

uhh... you do realize most 3-4 DE's would play and were DT's in the 4-3 right? And that most 3-4 OLB's would play and were 4-3 DE's right?

Do you have a clue what your talking about?

philfree
02-09-2010, 11:02 PM
The right 53?

Philfree
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch
02-09-2010, 11:03 PM
uhh... you do realize most 3-4 DE's would play and were DT's in the 4-3 right? And that most 3-4 OLB's would play and were 4-3 DE's right?

Do you have a clue what your talking about?

Out of college, yes.

Then there are players we've drafted TO BE A DT, with good size and athleticism for that position, PLAYING like $3it in a 3-4.

It was not what they were suited for.

The 3-4 is the MOST VERSATILE defense. Period.

It allows for the tweeners, the best use of rare and unconventional talent. For SITUATIONAL talent.

There are any number of combinations of talent to use at LB.

You can use someone like Donnie Ewards, or Ray Lewis, or fucking Levon Kirkland. All ILB's.

All used in a 3-4 and used in completely different ways. With great success.

Von Dumbass
02-09-2010, 11:03 PM
The sad this is, Tyson Jackson had almost double the tackles Ayers had, and Ayers is a LB.

Ayers didn't play on first and second down. He was in our nickle package. Of course he didn't get a lot of tackles.

Von Dumbass
02-09-2010, 11:05 PM
It's pretty easy to forget when he was nothing special at all.

Here's a quote from a Denver writer.

</TD>

That writer just looks at the stat sheet. According to Profootballfocus.com Ayers was the 15th best OLB in the league. Pretty damn good for a rookie.

Denver actually had 3 of the 16 best 3-4 OLB's in the league :)

Rausch
02-09-2010, 11:07 PM
That writer just looks at the stat sheet. According to Profootballfocus.com Ayers was the 15th best OLB in the league. Pretty damn good for a rookie.

I would doubt their analysis then...

The Bad Guy
02-09-2010, 11:12 PM

A writer who covered the Broncos is not just looking at a stat sheet you fucking idiot.

15 tackles as an outside backer and you want to sing his praises? You take homer to a whole new level. It's embarrasing how stupid you are.

Mecca
02-09-2010, 11:17 PM
As of today the Broncos first draft under McDaniels looks like an abortion.

The Bad Guy
02-09-2010, 11:18 PM
As of today the Broncos first draft under McDaniels looks like an abortion.

I'm sure KnowShit will be along with twitter posts stating the opposite from some idiots we've never heard of.

Mecca
02-09-2010, 11:21 PM
The Broncos in general look like an abortion, McDaniels looks like Eric Mangini Jr. with his Napoleon complex, their draft sucked ass, boy great future there.

The Bad Guy
02-09-2010, 11:23 PM
The Broncos in general look like an abortion, McDaniels looks like Eric Mangini Jr. with his Napoleon complex, their draft sucked ass, boy great future there.

He fires off assistants who were productive, his best receiver (and best player) is basically gone again, his defense is a pack of aging has-beens sans Dumervil.

But the sun is shining in KnowShit's world constantly.

Mecca
02-09-2010, 11:25 PM
If I hired a coach who ran off the one assistant coach that did a good job all while getting rid of our young QB and WR, I don't think I'd be remotely positive about them knowing what they are doing.

The Broncos had pieces to work with when he took that job and he flushed them.

Rausch
02-09-2010, 11:26 PM
He fires off assistants who were productive, his best receiver (and best player) is basically gone again, his defense is a pack of aging has-beens.

You mean Haley or Denver's HC?....

The Bad Guy
02-09-2010, 11:28 PM
You mean Haley or Denver's HC?....

Let me know what productive assistants Haley has fired. By my count, he's hired 2 of the most successful coordinators over the last 10 years.

McDaniels has hired 2 yes men. He hired the QB coach of the Panthers to help coordinate his offense who didn't develop anyone in his time there.

Mecca
02-09-2010, 11:30 PM
Josh McDaniels has a Napoleon complex, it's pretty obvious, he makes Todd Haley look like a calm rational person.

The Bad Guy
02-09-2010, 11:32 PM
Josh McDaniels has a Napoleon complex, it's pretty obvious, he makes Todd Haley look like a calm rational person.

Josh McDaniels would never, ever have the ability to hire a Charlie Weis or Romeo Crennel because he wants all the credit.

Rausch
02-09-2010, 11:32 PM
Let me know what productive assistants Haley has fired.

Chan Gailey.

The Bad Guy
02-09-2010, 11:34 PM
Chan Gailey.

Round peg, square hole.

Von Dumbass
02-09-2010, 11:38 PM
If I hired a coach who ran off the one assistant coach that did a good job all while getting rid of our young QB and WR, I don't think I'd be remotely positive about them knowing what they are doing.

The Broncos had pieces to work with when he took that job and he flushed them.

He made the most lopsided trade since the Herschel Walker deal happened when he got rid of Cutler. And last time I checked Brandon Marshall and Pat Bowlen both have said they want to work out a long term contract.

Von Dumbass
02-09-2010, 11:39 PM
Let me know what productive assistants Haley has fired. By my count, he's hired 2 of the most successful coordinators over the last 10 years.

McDaniels has hired 2 yes men. He hired the QB coach of the Panthers to help coordinate his offense who didn't develop anyone in his time there.

Haley is an incompetent head coach who was wasn't qualified enough to get a HC'ing job to begin with.

Chiefs=Good
02-09-2010, 11:41 PM
He made the most lopsided trade since the Herschel Walker deal happened when he got rid of Cutler. And last time I checked Brandon Marshall and Pat Bowlen both have said they want to work out a long term contract.

Seems like a pretty even trade so far....

Mecca
02-09-2010, 11:41 PM

That trade got you a shitty QB a midget CB and a RB that looks like the next Maroney, I'm impressed at your haul.

Von Dumbass
02-09-2010, 11:43 PM
That trade got you a shitty QB a midget CB and a RB that looks like the next Maroney, I'm impressed at your haul.

You don't know what that trade got us this year. We still have Chicago's pick. Chicago got a shitty, career loser, INT leader and lost 2 first round picks, a 3 third round pick, and a Pro Bowl caliber QB.

POND_OF_RED
Haley is an incompetent head coach who was wasn't qualified enough to get a HC'ing job to begin with.

Your coach makes Haley look like Vince fucking Lombardi the way McDumbass kept his team together down the stretch.

Chiefs=Good

this

The Bad Guy
02-09-2010, 11:44 PM

Yeah, I'm sure Pat Bowlen is going to say anything else when it would completely ruin Marshall's trade value.

Did you just start following the NFL last year?

And no, that wasn't even close to the most lopsided deal since Walker. Randy Moss for a 4th rounder. Joey Galloway for 2 #1's. The Michael Vick draft day trade that got the Chargers LT and Brees. Marshall Faulk for a 2nd rounder to the Rams. Wes Welker for a 2nd rounder were all far more lopsided than fucking the Broncos trade of Jay Cutler. I'm sure there's more too.

And when the smoke clears on this deal, you essentially traded Cutler and Knox for Moreno, Kyle Orton, Alphonso Smith and moving up from 14 to 11 in the 2010 draft. No way are you giving away a first rounder for Alphonso Smith if you don't have another #1 from Chicago.

There's not one piece of the puzzle on the Broncos end that I'd rather have, and I'm no Cutler fan.

Mecca
02-09-2010, 11:45 PM
Even if you hate Jay Cutler trying to spin that trade as a great move for Denver is idiocy at its finest.

The Bad Guy
02-09-2010, 11:46 PM
You don't know what that trade got us this year. We still have Chicago's pick. Chicago got a shitty, career loser, INT leader and lost 2 first round picks, a 3 third round pick, and a Pro Bowl caliber QB.

Kyle Orton is not a Pro Bowl caliber QB. If Jay Cutler is shitty, Kyle Orton is an abortion.

Honestly, you are a duplicate account here, aren't you. I refuse to believe anyone could be this stupid. It's like you watch an alternate NFL than the rest of the world.

Mecca
02-09-2010, 11:47 PM
I'd like to know how anyone could think Orton could remotely be a pro bowl QB when the guy isn't even in the top 20 in the league and in this conference is far down the list.

Von Dumbass
02-09-2010, 11:48 PM
Yeah, I'm sure Pat Bowlen is going to say anything else when it would completely ruin Marshall's trade value.

Did you just start following the NFL last year?

And no, that wasn't even close to the most lopsided deal since Walker. Randy Moss for a 4th rounder. Joey Galloway for 2 #1's. The Michael Vick draft day trade that got the Chargers LT and Brees. Marshall Faulk for a 2nd rounder to the Rams. Wes Welker for a 2nd rounder were all far more lopsided than ****ing the Broncos trade of Jay Cutler. I'm sure there's more too.

And when the smoke clears on this deal, you essentially traded Cutler and Knox for Moreno, Kyle "Pro Bowl" Orton, Alphonso Smith and moving up from 14 to 11 in the 2010 draft. No way are you giving away a first rounder for Alphonso Smith if you don't have another #1 from Chicago.

There's not one piece of the puzzle on the Broncos end that I'd rather have, and I'm no Cutler fan.

You don't know what Knowshon Moreno, Robert Ayers, Alphonso Smith, and whoever we draft this year will turn in to.

All NFL scouts, GM's, and HC's will tell you it takes three years to judge a draft. If you judge it too early you look like a moron the way people who were calling Mario Williams a bust after his rookie season.

Chiefs=Good
02-09-2010, 11:48 PM
Even if you hate Jay Cutler trying to spin that trade as a great move for Denver is idiocy at its finest.

I think Martz will do wonders for him this year...

Chiefs=Good
02-09-2010, 11:49 PM
You don't know what Knowshon Moreno, Robert Ayers, Alphonso Smith, and whoever we draft this year will turn in to.

All NFL scouts, GM's, and HC's will tell you it takes three years to judge a draft. If you judge it too early you look like a moron the way people who were calling Mario Williams a bust after his rookie season.

And yet u know that Cutler cant regain form??

Dumb, dumb, dumb.........

Von Dumbass
02-09-2010, 11:49 PM
I'd like to know how anyone could think Orton could remotely be a pro bowl QB when the guy isn't even in the top 20 in the league and in this conference is far down the list.

Uhhh... Only Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers had more games with a QB Rating over 90 than Kyle Orton. He is a young up and comer and his best years are ahead of him. He is the same age as Cutler you know and Orton is already one of the two or three smartest QB's in the game.

Mecca
02-09-2010, 11:50 PM
RB is an easy position to step into...Moreno looks very blah, and you took him above Orakpo so then you took Ayers who sparingly played, impressive decisions there.

RustShack
02-09-2010, 11:50 PM

This is a QB league now, they are doing away with the rest of the positions at the Pro Bowl and just inviting QB's.

Mecca
02-09-2010, 11:51 PM
Uhhh... Only Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers had more games with a QB Rating over 90 than Kyle "Pro Bowl" Orton. He is a young up and comer and his best years are ahead of him. He is the same age as Cutler you know and Orton is already one of the two or three smartest QB's in the game.

Dude in this conference Kyle Orton does not sniff Manning, Brady, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Schaub and that's just to name a few.

Von Dumbass
02-09-2010, 11:52 PM
And yet u know that Cutler cant regain form??

Dumb, dumb, dumb.........
Jay Cutler will be going into his 5th year in the NFL next year.

His first two years starting in the NFL Jay Cutler led all QB's by a wide margin in the bad decision rate statistic. He is a mistake prone QB who won't go anywhere.

Chiefs=Good
02-09-2010, 11:52 PM
Uhhh... Only Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers had more games with a QB Rating over 90 than Kyle "Pro Bowl" Orton. He is a young up and comer and his best years are ahead of him. He is the same age as Cutler you know and Orton is already one of the two or three smartest QB's in the game.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

The Bad Guy
02-09-2010, 11:53 PM

I honestly can't stop laughing.

He finished the year 2-8. Derrick Johnson just took a piss all over your QB with a 90 rating.

If 90 rating is the benchmark, then you are even more sad than I first thought.

Von Dumbass
02-09-2010, 11:53 PM
Dude in this conference Kyle "Pro Bowl" Orton does not sniff Manning, Brady, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Schaub and that's just to name a few.

He was the third most consistently good QB in the NFL this year. Enough said.

Mecca
02-09-2010, 11:54 PM
This Kyle Orton shit is laughable, do even Broncos fans laugh at you?

Von Dumbass
02-09-2010, 11:55 PM
I honestly can't stop laughing.

He finished the year 2-8. Derrick Johnson just took a piss all over your QB with a 90 rating.

If 90 rating is the benchmark, then you are even more sad than I first thought.

Why didn't you mention he was missing his No. 1 and 2 WR's and his best receiving TE in that game? Why didn't you mention he was playing with two backups on the offensive line?

Orton had one bad game without his best weapons and still made Jabar Gaffney look like a perennial Pro Bowler.

Chiefs=Good
02-09-2010, 11:56 PM
Jay Cutler will be going into his 5th year in the NFL next year.

His first two years starting in the NFL Jay Cutler led all QB's by a wide margin in the bad decision rate statistic. He is a mistake prone QB who won't go anywhere.

Bad decision rate statistic?? ROFL

Orton is a game manager at best, Cutler has all the potential in the world.. Right now the trade is a toss up. Like Mecca stated Knowshawn is blah. Ayers looks to be a bust, as does most of ur other picks.

Also i would bet that Cutler has a pretty good year with Martz coaching him...

Chiefs=Good
02-09-2010, 11:57 PM

ROFL he was the 5th most best at being great but not awesome in the league/knowmo

The Bad Guy

Who missed the playoffs.

If you think he's consistently better than Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Kurt Warner, Aaron Rodgers, Tony Romo, Donovan McNabb, Eli Manning, Brett Favre, and Matt Schaub then you don't even deserve to watch the NFL.

BTW, a 90 QB rating is the equivalency of a C grade. Congratulations on your mediocre QB.

Mecca
If the supposed QB guru Josh McDaniels can't take a guy with all world talent and make him the best in the game he isn't a QB guru, period. He's a dipshit that pissed Jay Cutler off and this is what you're stuck with.

Von Dumbass
02-09-2010, 11:58 PM
Also i would bet that Cutler has a pretty good year with Martz coaching him...

Well a former Baltimore Ravens scout disagrees with you.

RT @shiftycent: what do ya think of Martz goin to chicago? Love your insight!>> sketchy.. Martz system based on head not arm of QB

http://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/8514822447

Chiefs=Good
02-09-2010, 11:59 PM
Didnt u also say the broncos were a lock for the west title? why am i even talking to your dumb ass... ROFL

The Bad Guy
Why didn't you mention he was missing his No. 1 and 2 WR's and his best receiving TE in that game? Why didn't you mention he was playing with two backups on the offensive line?

Orton had one bad game without his best weapons and still made Jabar Gaffney look like a perennial Pro Bowler.

Good QB's overcome problems.

Jabar Gaffney could have looked like he was all-world. The Broncos still got their asses kicked.

Keep with the excuses, you are making me laugh so hard my sides hurt.

Chiefs=Good

ok... :shake: ROFL

The Bad Guy
02-10-2010, 12:00 AM

God how I love when you post weak twitter posts.

Let's keep this in mind people. According to KnowShit, he had a scholarship offer in college, that he DECLINED because he didn't know what he wanted to do with his life. Yes, he turned away a FREE education. You are a true scholar.

You obviously know nothing about the NFL.

Mecca
That guy has solid takes sometimes and idiotic ones at others, He thinks Dez Bryant is Andre Johnson.

Von Dumbass
Who missed the playoffs.

If you think he's consistently better than Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Kurt Warner, Aaron Rodgers, Tony Romo, Donovan McNabb, Eli Manning, Brett Favre, and Matt Schaub then you don't even deserve to watch the NFL.

BTW, a 90 QB rating is the equivalency of a C grade. Congratulations on your mediocre QB.

All of those QB's weren't learning a new system and have started at least 2 years longer than Orton. Chiefs fans will be mentioning Orton in the same breath as those guys soon enough.

Von Dumbass
02-10-2010, 12:01 AM
If the supposed QB guru Josh McDaniels can't take a guy with all world talent and make him the best in the game he isn't a QB guru, period. He's a dipshit that pissed Jay Cutler off and this is what you're stuck with.

I think McDaniels (aka the guy who made Tom Brady and Matt Cassel very rich men) would know what kind of QB would fit his system better than you would Mecca.

Mecca
02-10-2010, 12:02 AM
If you really think Orton is going to be that, you are diluted.

The Bad Guy
All of those QB's weren't learning a new system and have started at least 2 years longer than Orton. Chiefs fans will be mentioning Orton in the same breath as those guys soon enough.

Keep piling on the excuses.

I'll love it when the Broncos purge AbORTON away after this year.

Mecca
I think McDaniels (aka the guy who made Tom Brady and Matt Cassel very rich men) would know what kind of QB would fit his system better than you would Mecca.

Well I don't have a Napoleon complex and wouldn't go running off my best players so maybe not.

Chiefs=Good
At first i really hated this knowmo guy, but now hes like the friend in the group who you bring along to laugh at.....

Von Dumbass
02-10-2010, 12:03 AM
God how I love when you post weak twitter posts.

Let's keep this in mind people. According to KnowShit, he had a scholarship offer in college, that he DECLINED because he didn't know what he wanted to do with his life. Yes, he turned away a FREE education. You are a true scholar.

You obviously know nothing about the NFL.

I have until July 2010 to accept that offer btw.

The Bad Guy
02-10-2010, 12:03 AM

Josh McDaniels made Tom Brady a rich man? What? Tom Brady was the best QB in the NFL long before Josh McDaniels was calling the plays in New England.

Von Dumbass
02-10-2010, 12:05 AM
Well I don't have a Napoleon complex and wouldn't go running off my best players so maybe not.

He didn't run off any of our best players. He traded away the league leader in INT's for two first round picks, a third round pick, and Kyle Orton.

Mecca
02-10-2010, 12:07 AM
I find this guy hilarious, what the Broncos have done so far is seriously retarded, oh well good luck with that.

Von Dumbass
Josh McDaniels made Tom Brady a rich man? What? Tom Brady was the best QB in the NFL long before Josh McDaniels was calling the plays in New England.

He was his QB coach and was the offensive coordinator in 2005 just wasn't given the title because Belicheat thought he was too young to and was trying to protect him.

Von Dumbass
I find this guy hilarious, what the Broncos have done so far is seriously retarded, oh well good luck with that.

We were 8-8 before Cutler and were 8-8 after Cutler. The longer McDaniels offensive and defensive systems stay in place, the better the Broncos will be.

The Bad Guy
02-10-2010, 12:08 AM
He was his QB coach and was the offensive coordinator in 2005 just wasn't given the title because Belicheat thought he was too young to and was trying to protect him.

Charlie Weis made Tom Brady a very rich man. Learn about football you fucking idiot.

The Bad Guy
02-10-2010, 12:08 AM
We were 8-8 before Cutler and were 8-8 after Cutler. The longer McDaniels offensive and defensive systems stay in place, the better the Broncos will be.

Yes, please let McDaniels defensive system stay in place.

Jamaal Charles might run for 400 next time.

Mecca
02-10-2010, 12:09 AM
You know what the bright side is?

The Raiders and Broncos are 2 heavily retarded teams so that's good for us going forward in this division.

Chiefs=Good
02-10-2010, 12:11 AM
http://i32.tinypic.com/5dkpx3.jpg

Kyle "Pro Bowl" Orton at work

Von Dumbass
02-10-2010, 12:12 AM
Charlie Weis made Tom Brady a very rich man. Learn about football you ****ing idiot.

Charlie Weiss made his career because Belicheat* gave Brady the defensive signals. It was McDaniels in 2007 who coordinated the highest scoring offense in NFL history without stolen signals.

Von Dumbass
02-10-2010, 12:13 AM
Yes, please let McDaniels defensive system stay in place.

Jamaal Charles might run for 400 next time.

That coordinator got fired because he wasn't running McDaniels' system the way McDaniels wanted it ran.

McDaniels has said in the past two weeks that he will be very surprised if Denver's defense isn't much improved from last year with Martindale calling the plays.

Von Dumbass
02-10-2010, 12:14 AM
http://i32.tinypic.com/5dkpx3.jpg

Kyle "Pro Bowl" Orton at work

Would you rather your QB take a sack or try to make a play on 4th and Goal?

Mecca
02-10-2010, 12:15 AM
What do you think he's going to say? That it's going to get worse?

Chiefs=Good
02-10-2010, 12:16 AM
Would you rather your QB take a sack or try to make a play on 4th and Goal?

I would rather him make a realistic decision.. like turning his body and making a RIGHT handed throw.

The Bad Guy
02-10-2010, 12:17 AM
The amount of spinning done in this thread by this fucking joke is hilarious.

Von Dumbass
02-10-2010, 12:18 AM
What do you think he's going to say? That it's going to get worse?

I don't think he would be as bold with his comments about Martindale if he didn't believe in him. He could have just said he is a good coach who has a lot of experience and left it at that.

Chiefs=Good
02-10-2010, 12:22 AM
I don't think he would be as bold with his comments about Martindale if he didn't believe in him. He could have just said he is a good coach who has a lot of experience and left it at that.

No he wouldnít have. Hes an egocentric retard who thinks every decision he makes is gold.

The Bad Guy

Further proof that you just started watching football about 8 months ago.

POND_OF_RED
Uhhh... Only Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers had more games with a QB Rating over 90 than Kyle "Pro Bowl" Orton.

Only Brees, Favre, Rivers, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, both Mannings, Schaub, Romo, Brady, Warner, and Mcnabb had a QB rating over 90 over the course of the season. You'd think someone who consistently throws over 90 could finish the season with the same rating. Yet he didn't. Weird. :hmmm: Nice way to cherry pick some bullshit to make your QB seem above average.

Mastashake
02-10-2010, 01:07 AM
Only Brees, Favre, Rivers, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, both Mannings, Schaub, Romo, Brady, Warner, and Mcnabb had a QB rating over 90 over the course of the season. You'd think someone who consistently throws over 90 could finish the season with the same rating. Yet he didn't. Weird. :hmmm: Nice way to cherry pick some bullshit to make your QB seem above average.

You don't really need to look at stats to see Orton isn't all that good. You can see it when he's floating around in the pocket.

And I was a total Orton homer his Senior year at Purdue. I thought he was red-hot and going to be a top ten pick until about halfway throug his Senior season where he just started to fizzle. He just isn't that good though. :-(

Another one that hurt me to see not do well is Rex Grossman. I really wanted to see him be awesome.

Pushead2
02-10-2010, 04:42 AM
KnowMo = failed football fan :facepalm:

Von Dumbass
02-10-2010, 04:54 AM
You don't really need to look at stats to see Orton isn't all that good. You can see it when he's floating around in the pocket.

And I was a total Orton homer his Senior year at Purdue. I thought he was red-hot and going to be a top ten pick until about halfway throug his Senior season where he just started to fizzle. He just isn't that good though. :-(

Another one that hurt me to see not do well is Rex Grossman. I really wanted to see him be awesome.

If Orton didn't get hurt his senior year he would have been a top 10 pick and won the Heisman Trophy.

Orton only gets flak because he was the QB for the Chicago Bears.

Pushead2
02-10-2010, 05:29 AM
If Orton didn't get hurt his senior year he would have been a top 10 pick and won the Heisman Trophy.

ROFL

Pasta Giant Meatball
02-10-2010, 05:34 AM
This dude is still here spinning away like an orange and blue top??? Still sucking off Orton and McDaniels as well. Has to be a mult.

DeezNutz
02-10-2010, 05:44 AM

Actually, it's because the dude is the very definition of a mediocre QB.

But don't feel too bad. We have our own problems in this regard.

beach tribe
02-10-2010, 06:22 AM
Orton is already one of the two or three smartest QB's in the game.

Where do you get this ridiculous shit?

You are by FAR the dumbest poster here. Just so happens that you're a donk fan.

beach tribe
02-10-2010, 06:29 AM

Again, you are a RETARD who warps anything in your mind to make yo believe that Denver is headed up.

I was EXACTLY like this when I was between 12-15. It took the kicker who shall not be named missing those kicks to snap me out of it.

You are a hypnotized childish Idiot.

-King-
Throwing 2 pick sixes to the same guy....damn, that is smart.

The guy was a backup to rex fucking grossman and brian fucking griese. Really? That's how the 2nd smartest qb rolls? Behind 2 horrible qbs?
Posted via Mobile Device

beach tribe

This. PWNEDx100000

beach tribe
02-10-2010, 06:30 AM

The guy was a backup to rex ****ing grossman and brian ****ing griese. Really? That's how the 2nd smartest qb rolls? Behind 2 horrible qbs?
Posted via Mobile Device

Left Hook.

Von Dumbass
02-10-2010, 06:50 AM

The guy was a backup to rex ****ing grossman and brian ****ing griese. Really? That's how the 2nd smartest qb rolls? Behind 2 horrible qbs?
Posted via Mobile Device

Orton was only a back up to Grossman because Grossman was a first round pick and the Bears were going to give him every chance in the world too succeed. Teams generally give a 1st round QB at least three years to develop.

penguinz
02-10-2010, 07:00 AM
Just speculation.No shit captain obvious.

Von Dumbass
02-10-2010, 07:04 AM
ROFL

The 2004 season began with Orton being the favorite to win the Heisman Trophy. He threw for 1,367 yards, 17 touchdowns and no interceptions through the team's first four games before turnovers and injuries would see his senior campaign experience a big roadblock. A hip injury saw Kyle get benched vs. Northwestern and then sit out the next contest vs. Iowa. He returned in the fourth quarter of the Ohio State game, then set a school record the following week when he totaled 503 yards in the Indiana contest. Orton finished the year completing 236 of 389 passes (60.7%) for 3,090 yards, 31 touchdowns and only five interceptions...Closed out his career third on the school's all-time record lists with 786 completions in 1,336 pass attempts (58.8%) for 9,337 yards and 63 touchdowns, topped only by Drew Brees and Mark Hemmann. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2005draft/Orton,Kyle-QB-Purdue.htm

Von Dumbass
02-10-2010, 07:07 AM
Where do you get this ridiculous shit?

You are by FAR the dumbest poster here. Just so happens that you're a donk fan.

You are the ignorant one, if you knew anything about Kyle Orton you would know that the first thing anybody familiar with him says is how smart Orton is. Kyle Orton is the definition of a field general.

RedNeckRaider
02-10-2010, 07:22 AM
You are the ignorant one, if you knew anything about Kyle "Pro Bowl" Orton you would know that the first thing anybody familiar with him says is how smart Orton is. Kyle "Pro Bowl" Orton is the definition of a field general.

The difference between us here is I know both of our teams are screwed at QB you on the other hand do not~

BIG_DADDY
02-10-2010, 07:42 AM
I thoght this thread was about JP not Kyle "no bowl" Orton.

wild1
02-10-2010, 07:49 AM
Denver and KANSAS CITY -- and perhaps San Diego -- could make a run at him.

Yes, they certainly "could" make a run at him.

ForeverChiefs58
02-10-2010, 07:49 AM
Kyle "Pro Bowl" Orton is the definition of a field general.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/orcho5000/benny_hill.jpg

ForeverChiefs58
02-10-2010, 07:52 AM
ROFLROFL. They should play this song when ol pro bowl comes on the field

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wbjItiPRmeY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wbjItiPRmeY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

beach tribe
02-10-2010, 07:52 AM
You are the ignorant one, if you knew anything about Kyle "Pro Bowl" Orton you would know that the first thing anybody familiar with him says is how smart Orton is. Kyle "Pro Bowl" Orton is the definition of a field general.

Please don't stop. You're killing me.ROFL

Kyle has been personified to a T by the donks season. He starts out fairly strong, and crumbles like a beach sand foundation as the season rolls on. He's injury prone, and makes POOR decisions. Not to mention his noodle arm, but keep on calling him a Pro Bowl QB, even though he's never made a Pro Bowl, even when alternates are called in.

I would rather have David Gerrard ANYDAY, and wouldn't I want David Gerrard.

beach tribe
02-10-2010, 07:57 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2005draft/Orton,Kyle-QB-Purdue.htm

I love the part where it says TURNOVERS, and INJURIES derailed his hopes.

Ugh...yeah. That's Kyle Orton. Injured and turning the ball over.

RedNeckRaider
02-10-2010, 07:58 AM
ROFLROFL. They should play this song when ol pro bowl comes on the field

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wbjItiPRmeY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wbjItiPRmeY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Someone like gochiefs should make a highlight video of his screw ups with that playing in the background. It would be hilarious~

rockymtnchief
02-10-2010, 08:23 AM
ROFL:doh!: to 98% of the posts KnowMo posted in this thread. There's just too many to quote.

Pushead2
02-10-2010, 08:27 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2005draft/Orton,Kyle-QB-Purdue.htm

ROFL (At you)

Pushead2
02-10-2010, 08:27 AM
Someone like gochiefs should make a highlight video of his screw ups with that playing in the background. It would be hilarious~

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

The Bad Guy
02-10-2010, 08:32 AM
I've put him on ignore. There's no way he's not a dup, or seriously mentally challenged about the NFL.

Kyle Orton is a field general? Field generals allow their teams to go 2-8 after a 6-0 start?

You honestly don't deserve to watch the NFL.

rockymtnchief
02-10-2010, 08:37 AM
I've put him on ignore. There's no way he's not a dup, or seriously mentally challenged about the NFL.

Kyle "Pro Bowl" Orton is a field general? Field generals allow their teams to go 2-8 after a 6-0 start?

You honestly don't deserve to watch the NFL.

I had him on ignore for a while, but then I'd see something he posted in quotes and had to respond. You just can't ignore the dumbass. He's like the little Forrest Gump and I'm the kid that hits him in the head with a rock.

|Zach|
02-10-2010, 08:40 AM

False.

mikey23545
02-10-2010, 08:50 AM

Well, any D that could hold the Chiefs to only 44 points playing at home has to have top tier LBs by definition...

Simply Red
02-10-2010, 09:02 AM
I bet Blank will sign him here in Atlanta, Unlike CHunt, Blank isn't scared of 'power-moves'

Short Leash Hootie
02-10-2010, 09:52 AM
Well, any D that could hold the Chiefs to only 44 points playing at home has to have top tier LBs by definition...

well to be fair Kyle Orton, one of the smartest QB's in the NFL, handed us 14 points...

So they really only allowed 30.

King_Chief_Fan
02-10-2010, 10:18 AM

nope we give him flak for being what he is....nothing much. If the dog hadn't stopped to shit he would have caught the rabbit. I love excuses, they show how stupid people can be....of course smart and Denver fans have never been used in the same sentence.

Face it...Orton was a default and your coach still covets Matt Cassel.

beach tribe
02-10-2010, 10:29 AM
well to be fair Kyle "Pro Bowl" Orton, one of the smartest QB's in the NFL, handed us 14 points...

So they really only allowed 30.

ROFL

LaChapelle
02-10-2010, 11:02 AM
Whoever exposes who's mult KnowMo is
should be baned for life

MagicHef
02-10-2010, 11:09 AM
Silly me, I expected to read about Peppers when I clicked on this thread.

Detoxing
02-10-2010, 11:13 AM
Silly me, I expected to read about Peppers when I clicked on this thread.

you should know better than that.

Chief Faithful
02-10-2010, 11:22 AM
Charlie Weiss made his career because Belicheat* gave Brady the defensive signals. It was McDaniels in 2007 who coordinated the highest scoring offense in NFL history without stolen signals.

Wow! :spock:

Charlie Weiss was the coach that developed Brady. McDaniels received Brady already in his prime.

The Bad Guy
02-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Yes, the only reason Charlie Weis was successful is because BB gave him the defensive calls. When Tom Brady credits his career to his early work with Weis, it doesn't mean anything.

McDaniels stepped into the most ready-made coordinator post in the NFL. He had more weapons than anyone. And you know what his coordinated team did in the SB? Laid an egg - just like the 2009 Broncos.

Any Bronco fan that says they are thrilled with Josh McDaniels and how he has his paws all over anything is either in massive denial or is too stupid to understand football.

There's a little bit of a homer in all of us. KnowShit takes it to a level that I've never seen before. Because Orton wears a Bronco jersey, he is god. He would be better off just saying that then bringing up 90 QB ratings and how Orton is in his mind the smartest QB to play in the NFL.

You are an insulting bag of shit because you talk like not one of us watched the NFL last year.

Keep relying on your twitter posts, and discrediting the work of proven winners in this league (as well discrediting Bronco beat writers who don't suck the balls of anything and everything Denver Broncos). I'll continue to laugh at your stupidity and take pity on any message board you post on. Surely, you must get laughed off every Bronco site.

In conclusion, fuck yourself.

beach tribe
Wow! :spock:

Charlie Weiss was the coach that developed Brady. McDaniels received Brady already in his prime.

And with Randy MOSS, and Wes Welker to throw to. LMFAO.

CHENZ A!
Whoever exposes who's mult KnowMo is
should be baned for life

I think it has been suggested before, but I really do think he is the handicapped kid bronco fan from those youtube videos.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chief Faithful
02-10-2010, 11:42 AM
Back to the topic on hand, no way I see Peppers going to a 3-4 team to play DE.

CHENZ A!
02-10-2010, 11:43 AM

Who said that?
Posted via Mobile Device

The Bad Guy
02-10-2010, 11:44 AM

He wouldn't be coming here to play DE. Why is this such a hard concept for some to grasp. He's going to play outside backer. The Steelers have 2 guys who get after the QB at OLB in Harrison and Woodley. The Chiefs can have Hali and Peppers. Peppers actually drops pretty well due to his speed and athleticism.

Detoxing
02-10-2010, 11:48 AM
He wouldn't be coming here to play DE. Why is this such a hard concept for some to grasp. He's going to play outside backer. The Steelers have 2 guys who get after the QB at OLB in Harrison and Woodley. The Chiefs can have Hali and Peppers. Peppers actually drops pretty well due to his speed and athleticism.

Sooo......what you're trying to say is.....he'll be a kick ass DE that can drop into zone?

Pestilence
02-10-2010, 11:54 AM
I think it has been suggested before, but I really do think he is the handicapped kid bronco fan from those youtube videos.
Posted via Mobile Device

I've thought that since he first posted.

beach tribe
02-10-2010, 11:55 AM
Sooo......what you're trying to say is.....he'll be a kick ass DE that can drop into zone?

Joking I'm sure.

ForeverChiefs58
02-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Panthers | Peppers open to playing in any defensive scheme
Mon, 01 Feb 2010 06:46:09 -0800

ESPN.com reports the agent for Carolina Panthers pending free-agent DL Julius Peppers, Carl Carey, said Peppers is willing to play in any type of defense next season. Last offseason, Peppers said he wanted to play as an outside linebacker in a 3-4 scheme. "He has indicated to me that he is open to hearing from the remaining 31 teams in the league," Carey said. "He is open to any defensive scheme at this point."

Pestilence
02-10-2010, 12:08 PM
I could see him going to the Patriots.

RustShack
02-10-2010, 12:11 PM
Why are people so fucking stupid? Just because Peppers is a 4-3 DE in no fucking way means hes a 3-4 DE. He would be an OLB. Why are people who are so fucking football retarded on a fucking football forum?

ForeverChiefs58
02-10-2010, 12:12 PM
Julius Peppers told a Charlotte, N.C., radio station Tuesday that he believes the Panthers are ignoring him, so he doesn’t want to return next season. Peppers said he didn’t feel that way last year, despite publicly stating then that he wanted to be traded.

Charlotte Observer columnist Tom Sorensen isn’t buying Pepper’s story, though, especially after the five-time Pro Bowl defensive end rejected a 2007 contract offer that would have made him the highest-paid player in NFL history.

As Sorensen surmises in his Wednesday column:

My interpretation then was that he was putting himself in position to leave the Panthers. He still is.
Peppers has fulfilled his contractual obligations to the Panthers, and the Panthers have fulfilled their obligations to him.
Cars wear out. Furniture wears out. I believe the relationship between Peppers and the Panthers also has.
The Panthers could use the franchise tag on Peppers for the second consecutive season, but it would cost the team over $20 million. That might be too high a price.

Other interesting stories around the Web on a Wednesday:

Draft-eligible QB Tim Tebow and Jaguars RB Maurice Jones-Drew will be the grand marshals at Thursday’s Gatorade Duels in Daytona Beach, Fla. Will they be teammates next season?
Bears DT Tommie Harris is pleased by Rod Marinelli’s promotion to defensive coordinator.
Packers NT Ryan Pickett will be an unrestricted free agent this offseason, but he doesn’t want to leave Green Bay.

ForeverChiefs58
02-10-2010, 12:13 PM
After making borderline marginal moves during last year’s off-season, the rumors that continue to swirl around the Cleveland Browns continue to revolve around players with considerably more name recognition. Just yesterday, we discussed the rumors surrounding a pair (trio?) of Philadelphia Eagles quarterbacks. And today, thanks to ESPN’s Chris Mortensen, we revisit thoughts related to five-time Pro Bowl defensive end Julius Peppers.

The thinking behind listing the Browns as a “sleeper” candidate to land Peppers is, as expected, Mike Holmgren. The newly crowned president has quite a history with late defensive end Reggie White, dating back to the Green Bay Packers signing White as a free agent in 1993. Similar to what could unfold with the Peppers situation, White’s best years were with the Philadelphia Eagles. However, White was still able to record 68.5 sacks and was a major player in the two Super Bowl appearances by the Packers.

Entering the 2010 season, Peppers will be 30-years old and is coming off off a contract that saw him earn just under $17 million with the Carolina Panthers. Widely considered one of the best defensive ends in the league, Peppers’ skill set seems to fit better in a 4-3 defense. However, at this time last year, Pepper went public with his desire to switch to a scheme that he feels would better utilize his talents.

“I feel like my abilities could be maximized, and I could be even more productive than I have been in the past in a new system,” Peppers said. “I feel like I’ve gotten close to maxing out in the system that I’m in now.”

It would then be up to the Browns Pro Personnel department to determine whether or not Peppers’ skill set would in fact translate into whatever defensive scheme the team will be running in 2010.

A lot of this rumored decision would also be contingent upon what defense the Browns will be running next season.

As of now, we must assume that the team will be going forward with Rob Ryan’s 3-4 scheme. In this, Peppers would likely find himself in a DeMarcus Ware-esque role where his responsibilities would rest solely on getting to the quarterback. Rumors have continued to circulate around Shaun Rogers moving to defensive end thanks to the play of Atyba Rubin. Robaire Smith and Corey Williams would likely split time on the other end. Given the size of the players that would preside on the defensive line, Peppers coming around the outside could pay huge dividends for a team that could use help getting to the quarterback.

Also in play would be the contract that would be required for Peppers’ services. For sake of argument, if we assume that Peppers is truely a defensive end, this would be even more money tied up on the defensive line – Rogers is slated to make nearly $7 million this season, Williams is looking at $5.9 million.

To add more variables into the mix, the Carolina Panthers were rumored to be looking at Corey Williams just one year ago. Also, the Browns have been linked to numerous rumors regarding a potential trade of Rogers to address areas of need, a freedom which they may have due to the elevated play of the abovementioned Rubin.

For now, we can only look at this as what it is: a rumor. But if the rumor holds true, the Browns can be looking at drastically improving their pass-rush attack, similar to how the Saints drastically improved certain areas of their team during their epic rebuild just four seasons ago.

RustShack
02-10-2010, 12:14 PM

Have you ever watched the Panthers? He does drop into zone coverage from the DE position. He, like Tamba Hali did, would trim down to make him a better OLB. Hell even at his current weight he would make for a better OLB and Hali wasn't bad.

Pestilence
02-10-2010, 12:15 PM
Why are people so fucking stupid? Just because Peppers is a 4-3 DE in no fucking way means hes a 3-4 DE. He would be an OLB. Why are people who are so fucking football retarded on a fucking football forum?

Are you doing ok man? Jesus.

Chocolate Hog
02-10-2010, 12:17 PM
Ryan Pickett would be a nice pickup.

Detoxing
02-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Why are people so ****ing stupid? Just because Peppers is a 4-3 DE in no ****ing way means hes a 3-4 DE. He would be an OLB. Why are people who are so ****ing football retarded on a ****ing football forum?

Sarcasm dude. It was a joke

ForeverChiefs58
02-10-2010, 12:34 PM
I could see him going to the Patriots.

Whoa. move over Dionne Warwick

Patriots | Could go after Peppers this offseason
Mon, 01 Feb 2010 13:27:57 -0800

Adam Kilgore, of the Boston Globe, reports the New England Patriots could be interested in Carolina Panthers impending free-agent DE Julius Peppers during the offseason if Peppers does not stay with the Panthers.

Detoxing
02-10-2010, 12:35 PM
Have you ever watched the Panthers? He does drop into zone coverage from the DE position. He, like Tamba Hali did, would trim down to make him a better OLB. Hell even at his current weight he would make for a better OLB and Hali wasn't bad.

I know man, i know. Just fucking around.....lighten up

Chief Faithful
02-10-2010, 12:36 PM

I just don't see how any team his going to pay full value so he can switch positions to prove he can play OLB in a 3-4. No way I see him taking a pay cut either.

SDChiefs
02-10-2010, 12:45 PM
OK what the hell is happening!? Are people just adding that when they quote me or what.. your quote has my name right

Thats your name buddy.

The Bad Guy
02-10-2010, 12:49 PM
I just don't see how any team his going to pay full value so he can switch positions to prove he can play OLB in a 3-4. No way I see him taking a pay cut either.

Do you even understand how the 3-4 works for outside linebackers? There are plenty of 3-4 OLB's that were once defensive ends in this league.

Chief Faithful
02-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Why are people so ****ing stupid? Just because Peppers is a 4-3 DE in no ****ing way means hes a 3-4 DE. He would be an OLB. Why are people who are so ****ing football retarded on a ****ing football forum?

Back at you as being a DE on a 4-3 does not automatically make him a 3-4 OLB.

We see 4-3 DE's move to DT on a regular basis, which is more equivalent to a 3-4 DE. We do not see regular success of a 4-3 DE moving to 3-4 OLB.

If a team wants him to be a rush specialist I don't see him being as valuable as a more established OLB who can drop back effectively. Dropping back on designed stunts is not the same as playing OLB full time. Again, this means his value drops in a 3-4 defense if moving to OLB.

I don't believe a 3-4 team will pay as much for Peppers to learn a new position this late in his career as would a 4-3 team asking him to play his proven position. If he follows the money I don't see Peppers going to a 3-4 team.

ForeverChiefs58
02-10-2010, 12:53 PM
Back at you as being a DE on a 4-3 does not automatically make him a 3-4 OLB.

We see 4-3 DE's move to DT on a regular basis, which is more equivalent to a 3-4 DE. We do not see regular success of a 4-3 DE moving to 3-4 OLB.

If a team wants him to be a rush specialist I don't see him being as valuable as a more established OLB who can drop back effectively. Dropping back on designed stunts is not the same as playing OLB full time. Again, this means his value drops in a 3-4 defense if moving to OLB.

I don't believe a 3-4 team will pay as much for Peppers to learn a new position this late in his career as would a 4-3 team asking him to play his proven position. If he follows the money I don't see Peppers going to a 3-4 team.

Its ok. I can post it again for you. let me know if I go too fast again for you.

ESPN.com reports the agent for Carolina Panthers pending free-agent DL Julius Peppers, Carl Carey, said Peppers is willing to play in any type of defense next season. Last offseason, Peppers said he wanted to play as an outside linebacker in a 3-4 scheme. "He has indicated to me that he is open to hearing from the remaining 31 teams in the league," Carey said. "He is open to any defensive scheme at this point."

Chief Faithful
02-10-2010, 12:53 PM
Do you even understand how the 3-4 works for outside linebackers? There are plenty of 3-4 OLB's that were once defensive ends in this league.

Yes, very much so, and it is not an automatic that he can make the transition especially this late in his career. There are many DE's that were not able to make the transition. We saw it last year with Turk McBride. Turk was a competent 4-3 DE, but he sucked as a 3-4 OLB.

My only point, I believe Peppers will get a better offer to play 4-3 DE and he will follow the money.

Chief Faithful
02-10-2010, 12:56 PM
Its ok. I can post it again for you. let me know if I go too fast again for you.

Again, I believe it is BS trying to improve his leverage. In the end I expect him to follow the money.

ForeverChiefs58
02-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Carolina Panthers defensive end Julius Peppers indicated on Tuesday he has no interest in playing for the Panthers anymore.

Peppers gave a long, rambling interview on a Charlotte radio station, indicating he's not happy with Carolina despite being one of the highest paid players in the NFL.

According to the NFLPA, Peppers' 2009 salary of $16.6 million ranks third on the "highest paid" list behind only Peyton Manning and Donovan McNabb.

It may surprise you to learn Tom Brady only makes $14 million, fifth on that list. It's a wonder that guy can get by (Number four is Matt Cassel).

The core of Peppers unhappiness is the direction the Panthers are going and his role on the defense. Fair enough, but his options are limited, and now his agent is taking the Joshua Cribbs route of going public with contract negotiations and saying they're "done" with their current teams.

He makes more than Tom Brady?

ForeverChiefs58
02-10-2010, 01:07 PM
The Cleveland Browns need help on their corners and secondary. So how does Peppers fit into this?

Peppers has gone on record saying he wants to be on a defense that will allow him to get more quarterback sacks. While the Browns currently run a 3-4 defense, defensive coordinator Rob Ryan has shown a lot of imagination within that system.

It's not outside the realm of possibility to see the Browns line up Ahtyba Rubin at nosetackle next year and slide Shaun Rogers down one side and flank the other side with Peppers.

Browns Owner Randy Lerner is not afraid to spend money, and if Holmgren wants Peppers, the deal could get done.

ForeverChiefs58
02-10-2010, 01:08 PM
If there's one thing Andy Reid likes, it's a player with talent like Peppers. Philadelphia is loaded with talented defensive ends, but that doesn't mean Reid couldn't find room for one more.

Philly's pass rush was exposed in the playoffs as not being what it should be, so to say there wouldn't be interest there would be lying.

According to ESPN's Gary Horton, the Eagles could use more consistency on the left side to free Trent Cole up from double teams. Juqua Parker had 8.5 sacks in 2009, but Horton believes the Eagles need an everyday left defensive end.

This option is a longshot, but Philly has the cap room to sign Peppers to the kind of deal he wants, so keep an eye on this situation.

ForeverChiefs58
The Patriots have a problem on their defense, it's gotten old and Belichek wasn't able to plug all the holes last season.

Peppers would want to go to an "elite" team like the Patriots and would most likely thrive under their system.

Peppers has been plagued by accusations he takes plays off, and he has been inconsistent. However, Belichek has rehabbed worse players than Peppers, so this probably wouldn't be an issue.

ForeverChiefs58
This team is another longshot, but the Bears definitely could use an upgrade on their defensive line like Peppers. This is not an arguable point.

This situation will come down to money, period. No one is really sure whether or not the Bears will want to shell out the kind of money Peppers is going to want.

So if the Bears want Peppers and are willing to pay his price, he'll go there, if not, he won't.

ForeverChiefs58
02-10-2010, 01:09 PM
Other rumors have Peppers going to a variety of places like Green Bay and Dallas.

While Green Bay probably could use Peppers, they probably don't want to pay his salary.

On the other hand, while Jerry Jones certainly can afford Peppers' salary, especially in an uncapped year, the Cowboys are okay at Peppers' position and most likely wouldn't be interested.

Plus, there's still the chance Peppers could get the franchise tag again and suit up for one more year for the Panthers.

ForeverChiefs58
02-10-2010, 01:12 PM
Julius Peppers to KC? Not so fast… by Josh Knox
Josh KnoxCorrespondent
43 articles written
47 comments written
12 fans
View Profile

Correspondent Written on February 10, 2010
Nick Laham/Getty Images Vote Now! - Author Poll
Should the Chiefs sign Julius Peppers?

There has been a lot of talk lately about All-Pro DE Julius Peppers. A lot of Chiefs fans think he would be a great fit for KC… I am not so sure.

To me the question isn’t whether he would upgrade the talent of the team, because he obviously would, but where does he fit in with the Chiefs? Every indication so far is that if he goes to a 3-4 team he will make a switch to OLB. The Chiefs already have a promising (younger) converted DE playing outside linebacker in Tamba Hali. My concern would be if the Chiefs were to sign Peppers you would have two outside linebackers whose specialty is rushing the passer. What would that do to the Chiefs pass defense? Especially considering how wide open a lot NFL offenses are becoming.

Okay, maybe I am over-analyzing this a bit and putting too much weight on one aspect of Peppers’ game, after all Peppers is a tremendous athlete and pass rushing is a area the Chiefs could still use some big time help in (we are still only one season removed from setting an all-time low for fewest sacks in a season), but there is another reason I don’t think Peppers will end up in KC…

THE MONEY

Seems to me that Peppers wants the biggest possible payday (who can blame him for that, right) and I just don’t see Scott Pioli giving it to him. If you look at Pioli’s history he doesn’t spend big-time money on the big name free agents. Some will point to the year the Patriots signed Adalius Thomas and acquired Wes Welker and Randy Moss and this is more the exception than the rule. I just don’t see Pioli giving a 30 year old DE one of the biggest contracts in the NFL.

Now, would I be mad if Peppers ended up in KC? HECK NO… I just don’t think it will happen.

Post from: KC Chiefs Football

SDChiefs
02-10-2010, 01:13 PM
McDaniels is an incompetent head coach who was wasn't qualified enough to get a HC'ing job to begin with.

FYP there little buddy. Hows the short bus working out for you? All the kids treating you good?

SDChiefs
02-10-2010, 01:14 PM

:eek::rolleyes:ROFL

You have to be ****ing with us. Really? You can't be that dee dee dee.

SDChiefs
02-10-2010, 01:21 PM
I have until July 2010 to accept that offer btw.

Clown College? :hmmm:

Chief Faithful
02-10-2010, 01:21 PM
Julius Peppers to KC? Not so fastÖ by Josh Knox
Josh KnoxCorrespondent
43 articles written
47 comments written
12 fans
View Profile

There has been a lot of talk lately about All-Pro DE Julius Peppers. A lot of Chiefs fans think he would be a great fit for KCÖ I am not so sure.

To me the question isnít whether he would upgrade the talent of the team, because he obviously would, but where does he fit in with the Chiefs? Every indication so far is that if he goes to a 3-4 team he will make a switch to OLB. The Chiefs already have a promising (younger) converted DE playing outside linebacker in Tamba Hali. My concern would be if the Chiefs were to sign Peppers you would have two outside linebackers whose specialty is rushing the passer. What would that do to the Chiefs pass defense? Especially considering how wide open a lot NFL offenses are becoming.

Okay, maybe I am over-analyzing this a bit and putting too much weight on one aspect of Peppersí game, after all Peppers is a tremendous athlete and pass rushing is a area the Chiefs could still use some big time help in (we are still only one season removed from setting an all-time low for fewest sacks in a season), but there is another reason I donít think Peppers will end up in KCÖ

THE MONEY

Seems to me that Peppers wants the biggest possible payday (who can blame him for that, right) and I just donít see Scott Pioli giving it to him. If you look at Pioliís history he doesnít spend big-time money on the big name free agents. Some will point to the year the Patriots signed Adalius Thomas and acquired Wes Welker and Randy Moss and this is more the exception than the rule. I just donít see Pioli giving a 30 year old DE one of the biggest contracts in the NFL.

Now, would I be mad if Peppers ended up in KC? HECK NOÖ I just donít think it will happen.

Bingo!

-King-
02-10-2010, 01:24 PM
:eek::rolleyes:ROFL

You have to be ****ing with us. Really? You can't be that dee dee dee.

You know what's funny? He says orton is probowl caliber, but earlier he talks shit about the qb who has been to the probowl. How can he talk shit about a qb who has already done what he wants orton to do?
Posted via Mobile Device

SDChiefs
02-10-2010, 01:24 PM
That coordinator got fired because he wasn't running McDaniels' system the way McDaniels wanted it ran.

McDaniels has said in the past two weeks that he will be very surprised if Denver's defense isn't much improved from last year with Martindale calling the plays.

Because he is going to come out and say "Nope, were gonna suck again. We should be at the bottom of the division in the next two years." Get real. Everyone says that about their team.

-King-
02-10-2010, 01:28 PM
Julius Peppers to KC? Not so fastÖ by Josh Knox
Josh KnoxCorrespondent
43 articles written
47 comments written
12 fans
View Profile

There has been a lot of talk lately about All-Pro DE Julius Peppers. A lot of Chiefs fans think he would be a great fit for KCÖ I am not so sure.

To me the question isnít whether he would upgrade the talent of the team, because he obviously would, but where does he fit in with the Chiefs? Every indication so far is that if he goes to a 3-4 team he will make a switch to OLB. The Chiefs already have a promising (younger) converted DE playing outside linebacker in Tamba Hali. My concern would be if the Chiefs were to sign Peppers you would have two outside linebackers whose specialty is rushing the passer. What would that do to the Chiefs pass defense? Especially considering how wide open a lot NFL offenses are becoming.

Okay, maybe I am over-analyzing this a bit and putting too much weight on one aspect of Peppersí game, after all Peppers is a tremendous athlete and pass rushing is a area the Chiefs could still use some big time help in (we are still only one season removed from setting an all-time low for fewest sacks in a season), but there is another reason I donít think Peppers will end up in KCÖ

THE MONEY

Seems to me that Peppers wants the biggest possible payday (who can blame him for that, right) and I just donít see Scott Pioli giving it to him. If you look at Pioliís history he doesnít spend big-time money on the big name free agents. Some will point to the year the Patriots signed Adalius Thomas and acquired Wes Welker and Randy Moss and this is more the exception than the rule. I just donít see Pioli giving a 30 year old DE one of the biggest contracts in the NFL.

Now, would I be mad if Peppers ended up in KC? HECK NOÖ I just donít think it will happen.

This guy is right. Having pass rushers in pass situations is bad....
Posted via Mobile Device

Tango&Cash
02-10-2010, 01:34 PM
How come Hali doesn't play on the left side like he did in college, you'd think he'd have better leverage/moves etc., coming from his strong side.

SDChiefs
02-10-2010, 01:42 PM
You know what's funny? He says orton is probowl caliber, but earlier he talks shit about the qb who has been to the probowl. How can he talk shit about a qb who has already done what he wants orton to do?
Posted via Mobile Device

Not to mention that he will openly admit how bad Cassel sucks and yet McDaniels who cant do no wrong covets him well above Kyle "Pro Bowl" Orton. So whats he right about? McDaniels being a genius or Kyle "Pro Bowl" Orton being one of the greatest QBs. Can't be both.

The Bad Guy
02-10-2010, 02:43 PM
Bingo!

OK, so let's get this straight.

Examine all the 3-4 teams in the NFL. Most of them have 2 rush linebackers at outside backer. The Cowboys have Ware and Spencer. The Chargers have Merriman and Phillips. The Steelers have Woodley and Harrison. The Packers had Clay Matthews and Aaron Kampman (pre injury). The 49ers have Manny Lawson and Parys Harrleson.

Teams do not need cover backers in the outside backer spot in the 3-4.

Just because we have Tamba does not mean we do not have a need at outside linebacker to add more pressure.

The money aspect is not an issue. This team was close to the salary cap floor. If Pioli says to open the bank, Clark is opening the bank. Romeo was told when he signed on that we would acquire players to help. He didn't shun the Giants to come here to coach Andy Studebaker, Ron Edwards and Mike Brown.

The Bad Guy
02-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Other rumors have Peppers going to a variety of places like Green Bay and Dallas.

While Green Bay probably could use Peppers, they probably don't want to pay his salary.

On the other hand, while Jerry Jones certainly can afford Peppers' salary, especially in an uncapped year, the Cowboys are okay at Peppers' position and most likely wouldn't be interested.

Plus, there's still the chance Peppers could get the franchise tag again and suit up for one more year for the Panthers.

No, there's absolutely no chance the Panthers are tagging him. None. They would have to tie up over 22 million dollars this year alone to do that. Not happening.

SDChiefs
02-10-2010, 02:55 PM
No, there's absolutely no chance the Panthers are tagging him. None. They would have to tie up over 22 million dollars this year alone to do that. Not happening.

Theres no salary cap so the money is not an issue. Unless, of course, the owner just doesn't want to spend the money.

KCFANinNC
02-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Julius Peppers 2/9
The much talked about interview with Mac and Julius Peppers where he discusses his future in Carolina, whats gone on the last few years, and much more

podcast on this site: http://www.wfnz.com/Mac-Attack/136214

I have lived in Charlotte since he was drafted and in this interview he talks more than he EVER has.

He could work in KC, he could not take the media in a NY or other major market.

He only had big numbers in nationally televised games.

ForeverChiefs58
02-10-2010, 03:00 PM
Defensive
Tackles Interceptions
Year Team G Comb Total Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int TDs Yds Avg Lng
2009 Carolina Panthers 16 42 36 6 10.5 0 5 2 1 13 6.5 13T

2008 Carolina Panthers 16 51 40 11 14.5 -- 5 -- -- -- 0.0 --

2007 Carolina Panthers 14 38 30 8 2.5 -- 5 1 0 0 0.0 0

2006 Carolina Panthers 16 57 48 9 13.0 -- 6 -- -- -- 0.0 --

2005 Carolina Panthers 16 50 38 12 10.5 -- 6 -- -- -- 0.0 --

2004 Carolina Panthers 16 64 52 12 11.0 0 7 2 1 143 71.5 97

2003 Carolina Panthers 16 44 37 7 7.0 -- 3 -- -- -- 0.0 --

2002 Carolina Panthers 12 35 28 7 12.0 -- 4 1 0 21 21.0 21

TOTAL 122 381 309 72 81.0 0 41 6 2 177 -- 97

The Bad Guy
02-10-2010, 03:03 PM
Theres no salary cap so the money is not an issue. Unless, of course, the owner just doesn't want to spend the money.

No, there isn't a cap, but the owner from everything I read is tired of Peppers and does not want to tie up that much coin in him cap or not.

Chocolate Hog
02-10-2010, 03:21 PM
Clark Hunt has said this team will be built through the draft. I don't see the Chiefs signing Peppers.

SDChiefs
02-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Clark Hunt has said this team will be built through the draft. I don't see the Chiefs signing Peppers.

Clark Hunt has said this team will try to win from the get go. So I wouldn't take what he says as fact.

POND_OF_RED
02-10-2010, 03:29 PM
When this topic was brought up about a week ago I didn't like the fit but I really don't watch many Panthers games. If he can drop back in coverage as good as any other OLB in the league then I would love for him to come here. That being said I'm going to agree with the mojority of the board and say it doesn't happen. I just don't see us picking up the top FA coming out this year. Too many teams to compete with and I don't think Pioli likes getting into too many bidding wars with other teams. He'll set his price and he won't pay anything more. I just don't think you're going to get him in here unless you completely overpay him.

Detoxing
02-10-2010, 03:40 PM
When this topic was brought up about a week ago I didn't like the fit but I really don't watch many Panthers games. If he can drop back in coverage as good as any other OLB in the league then I would love for him to come here. That being said I'm going to agree with the mojority of the board and say it doesn't happen. I just don't see us picking up the top FA coming out this year. Too many teams to compete with and I don't think Pioli likes getting into too many bidding wars with other teams. He'll set his price and he won't pay anything more. I just don't think you're going to get him in here unless you completely overpay him.

I agree. but it's always nice to wish and gives us something to talk about other than porn

michaelj_58
02-10-2010, 04:32 PM
i agree with you totally, like vince wilfolk. i think we need this guy in our 3 4 defense ,he is huge and is only 25.so their is 5 years left n him.

Halfcan
02-10-2010, 04:39 PM
No chit. KC could use a pass rusher? wow....no one ever thought that before.

:clap: exactly

The Bad Guy
02-10-2010, 04:43 PM
i agree with you totally, like vince wilfolk. i think we need this guy in our 3 4 defense ,he is huge and is only 25.so their is 5 years left n him.

Some of you need to really start paying attention to the NFL.

Wilfork is 28. Nose guards in the NFL typically play until they are 36.

milkman
02-10-2010, 04:56 PM
Yes, very much so, and it is not an automatic that he can make the transition especially this late in his career. There are many DE's that were not able to make the transition. We saw it last year with Turk McBride. Turk was a competent 4-3 DE, but he sucked as a 3-4 OLB.

My only point, I believe Peppers will get a better offer to play 4-3 DE and he will follow the money.

A large portion of the OLBs in a 34 scheme are former DEs that transitioned, but whoever the idiot was that thought that Turk McBride should be transitioned to OLB ought to have been fired the moment he made the suggesstion.

Julius Peppers has the kind of athletic ability that makes him a pefect candidate to transition.

BossChief
02-10-2010, 05:27 PM
OK, so let's get this straight.

Examine all the 3-4 teams in the NFL. Most of them have 2 rush linebackers at outside backer. The Cowboys have Ware and Spencer. The Chargers have Merriman and Phillips. The Steelers have Woodley and Harrison. The Packers had Clay Matthews and Aaron Kampman (pre injury). The 49ers have Manny Lawson and Parys Harrleson.

Teams do not need cover backers in the outside backer spot in the 3-4.

Just because we have Tamba does not mean we do not have a need at outside linebacker to add more pressure.

The money aspect is not an issue. This team was close to the salary cap floor. If Pioli says to open the bank, Clark is opening the bank. Romeo was told when he signed on that we would acquire players to help. He didn't shun the Giants to come here to coach Andy Studebaker, Ron Edwards and Mike Brown.Good post, but I would like to point out something.

We run the 3-4 that doesn't have its olbs rushing the passer as their major responsibility.

***Interesting point coming up***

Since Bilichick has been in NE, they have only had 2 years when they had a rushbacker with more than 10 sacks. They look for versatility and smarts over pass rush ability.

Its why I am not a big fan of the system, but will learn to accept it due to lack of choices in the matter.

Clark Hunt has said publicly that the check book is open this offseason.

Dont believe the guys who think the guy is cheap, most of them are feeding their agenda on the matter.

BossChief
02-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Julius Peppers has the kind of athletic ability that makes him a perfect candidate to transition.
this

Chocolate Hog
02-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Good post, but I would like to point out something.

We run the 3-4 that doesn't have its olbs rushing the passer as their major responsibility.

Since Bilichick has been in NE, they have only had 2 years when they had a rushbacker with more than 10 sacks. They look for versatility and smarts over pass rush ability.

Its why I am not a big fan of the system, but will learn to accept it due to lack of choices in the matter.

Dont believe the guys who think the guy is cheap, most of them are feeding their agenda on the matter.

I know Clark Hunt is cheap.

BossChief
02-10-2010, 05:57 PM
I know Clark Hunt is cheap.

ROFL

Agree to disagree

How much did Clark spend on the Stadium, Pioli, cash to Herm and Chan to move on, Cassels SB, Weis, Romeo, and Haley last year to do his best to get new blood in here that knows what a Lombardi smells like?

All of those were arguably "the best money can buy" not the "cheap" ones.

But, please do believe that a cheap man makes these decisions.

HemiEd
02-10-2010, 06:07 PM
He fires off assistants who were productive, his best receiver (and best player) is basically gone again, his defense is a pack of aging has-beens sans Dumervil.

But the sun is shining in KnowShit's world constantly.

Well said. Please quit quoting his ignorance, so I don't have to read it. :D

HemiEd
02-10-2010, 06:13 PM

Good post, anyone that thinks CH is cheap, is not paying attention IMO.

Mecca
02-10-2010, 09:40 PM

I know it really thrills me that we run essentially the cover 2 of 3-4.

Von Dumbass
02-10-2010, 10:36 PM
Not to mention that he will openly admit how bad Cassel sucks and yet McDaniels who cant do no wrong covets him well above Kyle "Pro Bowl" Orton. So whats he right about? McDaniels being a genius or Kyle "Pro Bowl" Orton being one of the greatest QBs. Can't be both.

Before the season started I said Orton would benefit greatly from the offensive line, WR's, and coaching that Denver has. I don't think Orton would have a lot of success in KC with what the Chiefs have, and I do think Cassel would have played better in Denver than he has in KC.

Orton is not a bad QB. He is everything a team would ever want in a QB from the neck up.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Before the season started I said Orton would benefit greatly from the offensive line, WR's, and coaching that Denver has. I don't think Orton would have a lot of success in KC with what the Chiefs have, and I do think Cassel would have played better in Denver than he has in KC.

Orton is not a bad QB. He is everything a team would ever want in a QB from the neckbeard up.

Yeah, no.

-King-
02-10-2010, 10:50 PM

Orton is not a bad QB. He is everything a team would ever want in a QB from the neck up.

Sorry, I dont want him if he's doing this from the neckbeard up http://campussqueeze.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/orton8-3.jpg NTTAWWT

BossChief
02-11-2010, 02:02 AM
I know it really thrills me that we run essentially the cover 2 of 3-4.

If people want to see what we want our defense to look like in a couple years, they should look at the Jets, Baltimore and New England.

Those are the model.

IMHO that is why Golsten has been such a failure, he was drafted into a system that his strength as a quick twitch speed rusher, is negated and his difficulty in coverage and stoutness against the run come into question. He might be a player that finds a home somewhere else and flourishes because of that fact.

Hell, you take Suggs off Baltimore and put him on Pittsburgh and he might rack up 12-15 sacks, but in Baltimore he isnt used that way.

IMHO Peppers would be a perfect fit for the defense. He is similar in ways to Adalius Thomas for his speed and versatility and when you need him to, he can pressure the passer consistently and give qbs no place to escape Halis pressure, especially if we add a true nose guard (couch cough Im looking at you Cody).

It is also why I have locked in on McClain as our first rounder, I feel he can bring to this defense what Ray Lewis does to his, albeit without the "Ray Lewis factor"

Saccopoo
02-11-2010, 02:35 AM
Peppers might be the best defensive player in football, when he decides to show up. The guy takes way too many plays off and really doesn't have a position on this type of defense. You can't play him on the SAM side, and he doesn't have the initial first step to be a true rush end at the ROLB spot. He relies a lot on his bullrush and up and under move.

Waste of money, especially considering that he'll command a shit ton on the open market. He's the 4-3 DE version of Albert Haynesworth.

Pass.

Saccopoo
02-11-2010, 02:42 AM
It is also why I have locked in on McClain as our first rounder, I feel he can bring to this defense what Ray Lewis does to his, albeit without the "Ray Lewis factor"

Dude, I know you like McClain, but he ain't Lewis. Lewis eats babies. He stabs fuckers, gets back into the limo and tells somebody else to take the fall or they will get the shank too. Lewis was pure speed. And mean as shit.

McClain is not pure speed. He's smart, and gets to plays, but he doesn't stand out on the field as a guy that takes the defense over. He isn't the type of guy that will try to decapitate a guy and relish in it a al Butkus, Lambert, Romanowski...thumpers that will gouge out an eye because they can...guys that just simply scare the piss out of people on the field.

McClain isn't that guy.

Spikes is more of that guy than anyone recently as a Mike backer. I'd rather take Spikes with our top second round pick and get a guy like Berry or Haden or Okung than take McClain and then whoever.

BossChief
02-11-2010, 03:04 AM
Peppers is an impact defender that would allow us a lot of flexibility in the draft as well.

Both things we desperately need.

Jackson-Wilfork-Dorsey
Peppers-DJ-McClain(1)-Hali
Flowers----------------Carr
............Page-Rolle(4)

Albert-Iupati(2a)-Pouncey(2b)-Rudy-Ocallaghan-Moeaki(5c)
Bowe-----------Barnes(5a)---------------Chambers
Castille
Charles
Cassel
3) Lagarrette Blount
5b) Dan Lefevour

BossChief
02-11-2010, 03:17 AM
Dude, I know you like McClain, but he ain't Lewis. Lewis eats babies. He stabs fuckers, gets back into the limo and tells somebody else to take the fall or they will get the shank too. Lewis was pure speed. And mean as shit.

McClain is not pure speed. He's smart, and gets to plays, but he doesn't stand out on the field as a guy that takes the defense over. He isn't the type of guy that will try to decapitate a guy and relish in it a al Butkus, Lambert, Romanowski...thumpers that will gouge out an eye because they can...guys that just simply scare the piss out of people on the field.

McClain isn't that guy.

Spikes is more of that guy than anyone recently as a Mike backer. I'd rather take Spikes with our top second round pick and get a guy like Berry or Haden or Okung than take McClain and then whoever.

just because he doesnt breathe fire like Ray doesnt mean he cant have a similar effect on a defense over the course of 10-15 years.

Mecca
02-11-2010, 03:47 AM
McClain isn't Lewis, he's Bart Scott.

TEX
02-11-2010, 07:08 AM
Peppers might be the best defensive player in football, when he decides to show up. The guy takes way too many plays off and really doesn't have a position on this type of defense. You can't play him on the SAM side, and he doesn't have the initial first step to be a true rush end at the ROLB spot. He relies a lot on his bullrush and up and under move.

Waste of money, especially considering that he'll command a shit ton on the open market. He's the 4-3 DE version of Albert Haynesworth.

Pass.

This.

ForeverChiefs58
02-11-2010, 07:55 AM
passing on anyone that can make plays is stupid! I am tired of our defense being at the bottom of the NFL.

The Bad Guy
02-11-2010, 08:02 AM

Pass.

Haha. Peppers doesn't have a first step? Your football knowledge rivals KnowShit.

The Bad Guy
02-11-2010, 08:02 AM
just because he doesnt breathe fire like Ray doesnt mean he cant have a similar effect on a defense over the course of 10-15 years.

If Saccoshit thinks he's not Ray Lewis then I'm more confident than ever in taking McClain and expecting Ray Lewis-like production.

Marco Polo
02-11-2010, 08:06 AM
Peppers is an impact defender that would allow us a lot of flexibility in the draft as well.

Jackson-Wilfork-Dorsey

Castille
Charles
Cassel
3) Lagarrette Blount
5b) Dan Lefevour

I'd definitely take that draft. Moeaki is a sleeper, IMO.

The Bad Guy
02-11-2010, 08:08 AM
I don't think there's a chance that Brian Waters isn't starting on this team next year.

The Bad Guy
02-11-2010, 08:08 AM
I'm really concerneda bout Iupati after he struggled at the Senior Bowl.

ForeverChiefs58
02-11-2010, 08:12 AM
remember that one time when we picked ryan simms?
http://www.tyedart.com/images/Chris_Farley.jpg

everyone then said it was because peppers was so good, that it made ryan freaking simms look good.

-King-
02-11-2010, 08:20 AM

Jackson-Wilfork-Dorsey

Castille
Charles
Cassel
3) Lagarrette Blount
5b) Dan Lefevour

You really think there's any way in hell we get both wilfork and peppers?
Posted via Mobile Device

ForeverChiefs58
02-11-2010, 08:26 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

wilfork, peppers, and dansby oh my!

Easy 6
02-11-2010, 08:57 AM
Your coach makes Haley look like Vince ****ing Lombardi the way McDumbass kept his team together down the stretch.

/thread.

Pestilence
02-11-2010, 09:01 AM
Honestly....I can see 3 teams being in the hunt for Peppers.

New England
Tampa Bay
Philadelphia

soundmind
02-11-2010, 10:52 AM
Jackson-Wilfork-Dorsey

Castille
Charles - 3) Lagarrette Blount
Cassel - 5b) Dan Lefevour

I heart what youíve drawn up in a lot of ways....but I find a lot of questions as well.

Free Agency:
As much as I would love to have seen Peppers last year, Iím not so sure about the prospect this season. Price tag just went up AGAIN, and heís yet another year older. Another year of on/off production. Another year of trying when he wants, then letting the world know that all he cares about is cash money. No one needs those guys.

Wilfork on the other hand, is someone Iíd open the vault for - and if Romeo thinks the same, I wouldnít be surprised if we made a big splash (thought NE will tag him for picks, which immediately removes us from the running). Unless of course, the Pioli via Belichick train is still running smooth...in which case, god knows what comes to station.

Draft:
1. McClain (ILB)
2. Iupati (LG)
2b. Pouncey (C)
3. Blount (RB)
Rolle (S)
5. Barnes (WR)
5b. Lefevour (QB)
5c. Moeaki (RT)

First question, what makes anyone think Iupati is making it to the second round? Heís got real value in the late quarter of the first, and I donít think he makes it any further. Rolle in the 4th is a pipe dream of mine that both comforts and enthuses, Iím all for smart players.

I like McClain too, I wouldnít dare project him in the image of any current or previous NFL Backers, mainly because thatís wasted effort, but many of the same attributes lace his football resume in my mind, as Rolle. Smart players are simply not common anymore, and he undeniably ran/controlled the Bama front 7. Unlike a lot of folks, I have no bones with that decision (the risk is there in cost, but the reward could be limitless).

mcaj22
02-11-2010, 10:56 AM
There is no way this new system drafts a guy like Blount with character problems while in a rebuilding process. Maybe once this team gets settled, we can make a run at character players, but I don't think they take flyers on guys like that now, there are more important things then gambling on trouble.

I would love if we got Rolle though, one of the smartest young players I have seen in awhile.

CHENZ A!
02-11-2010, 11:24 AM
I'd take Blount in a heartbeat, all he did was punch someone who completely deserved to be punched. Then he put his head down and worked his ass off even after being told he'd never play again in college.
Posted via Mobile Device

ForeverChiefs58
02-11-2010, 12:34 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22825103/vp/35349361#35349361

DaneMcCloud
02-11-2010, 12:38 PM
I can't wait until March 5th...

Chocolate Hog
02-11-2010, 12:41 PM
I can't wait until March 5th...

Why?

DaneMcCloud
02-11-2010, 12:44 PM
Why?

Because that's the CBA deadline.

We'll know whether or not there's a salary cap or not.

Chocolate Hog
02-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Because that's the CBA deadline.

We'll know whether or not there's a salary cap or not.

I think its pretty obvious there won't be a cap? Am I wrong?

ForeverChiefs58
02-11-2010, 12:48 PM
Giants' decision to cut Pierce shows lack of cap won't make teams overspend
Posted by Mike Florio on February 11, 2010 2:38 PM ET
Rosenthal posted earlier this afternoon the surprising news, from Mike Garafolo of the Newark Star-Ledger, that the Giants have cut linebacker Antonio Pierce.

And there likely was no one more surprised than Pierce.

"I don't see why I wouldn't be there," Pierce told Alex Marvez and Marty Schottenheimer of Sirius NFL Radio in December. "This was a season that got cut short by injury that shocked all of us -- management, coaches and players. With everything I gave New York the past five years, I feel I'll be here."

With the launch of free agency 22 days away, the decision of the Giants not to keep a key contributor to a Super Bowl-winning team at only $4.5 million for one season tends to prove our point from Wednesday that teams won't be spending like Steinbrenners in the uncapped year.

In past years, Pierce might have been cut to create salary cap space. This year, it simply doesn't matter; there's no cap at all.

Meanwhile, Pierce should be grateful to the team for letting him go now, since it gives him a full and fair crack at free agency in the uncapped year.

Then again, with the uncapped year not likely to be anything close to what we thought it would be, Pierce might ultimately be saying, "Thanks for nothing."

Chief Faithful
02-11-2010, 12:48 PM
Honestly....I can see 3 teams being in the hunt for Peppers.

New England
Tampa Bay
Philadelphia

New England? Do you really think they will pay $21M+ a year to try and convert him to OLB?

DaneMcCloud
02-11-2010, 12:56 PM
I think its pretty obvious there won't be a cap? Am I wrong?

I think it's been obvious for more than a year but it'll cut down on the speculation of who will be signing with the Chiefs once it's official.

Chief Faithful
02-11-2010, 12:58 PM
A large portion of the OLBs in a 34 scheme are former DEs that transitioned, but whoever the idiot was that thought that Turk McBride should be transitioned to OLB ought to have been fired the moment he made the suggesstion.

Julius Peppers has the kind of athletic ability that makes him a pefect candidate to transition.

Athletic candidate yes, age and price no.

Do you really think it is wise to spend $21M+ to convert a 30 year old DE to play a new position in a defense scheme he has never played at the highest level? There is no assurance he can play OLB at the same level he played DE and do you even want to pay an OLB that kind of money?

Sorry, I can't imagine any 3-4 team giving him a serious offer.

Chocolate Hog
02-11-2010, 01:01 PM
Did anyone watch that shitty Sports Nation show? They said Boldin could be trade for a 3rd or 4th round pick.

BossChief
02-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Haha. Peppers doesn't have a first step? Your football knowledge rivals KnowShit.
I am begining to be concerned for sacs well being, he used to put a lot more effort into this...he may have bumped his head.
If Saccoshit thinks he's not Ray Lewis then I'm more confident than ever in taking McClain and expecting Ray Lewis-like production.
LMAO
I'd definitely take that draft. Moeaki is a sleeper, IMO.
Absolutely. Anyone that thinks different hasnt watched the team consistently
I don't think there's a chance that Brian Waters isn't starting on this team next year.I dont either. Pure speculation on my part to stimulate conversation.

I'm really concerneda bout Iupati after he struggled at the Senior Bowl.
From what I saw, he struggled when they put him on the right side but did quite well on the left which is his NFL position IMO.
Posted via Mobile Deviceno

I heart what youíve drawn up in a lot of ways....but I find a lot of questions as well.

Free Agency:
As much as I would love to have seen Peppers last year, Iím not so sure about the prospect this season. Price tag just went up AGAIN, and heís yet another year older. Another year of on/off production. Another year of trying when he wants, then letting the world know that all he cares about is cash money. No one needs those guys.

Wilfork on the other hand, is someone Iíd open the vault for - and if Romeo thinks the same, I wouldnít be surprised if we made a big splash (thought NE will tag him for picks, which immediately removes us from the running). Unless of course, the Pioli via Belichick train is still running smooth...in which case, god knows what comes to station.

Draft:
1. McClain (ILB)
2. Iupati (LG)
2b. Pouncey (C)
3. Blount (RB)
Rolle (S)
5. Barnes (WR)
5b. Lefevour (QB)
5c. Moeaki (RT)

First question, what makes anyone think Iupati is making it to the second round? Heís got real value in the late quarter of the first, and I donít think he makes it any further. Rolle in the 4th is a pipe dream of mine that both comforts and enthuses, Iím all for smart players.

I like McClain too, I wouldnít dare project him in the image of any current or previous NFL Backers, mainly because thatís wasted effort, but many of the same attributes lace his football resume in my mind, as Rolle. Smart players are simply not common anymore, and he undeniably ran/controlled the Bama front 7. Unlike a lot of folks, I have no bones with that decision (the risk is there in cost, but the reward could be limitless).
I doubt he falls to the second as well, but part of his value previous to teh Senior bowl was his versatility and he showed that he would need major work to play anywhere but LG. I think a few players leapfrogged him and opened the possibility of him being available in the second, doubtful but possible none the less.

If shit went down like that, we would be much improved.

Detoxing
02-11-2010, 02:25 PM
Did anyone watch that shitty Sports Nation show? They said Boldin could be trade for a 3rd or 4th round pick.

I read about it on Rotoworld. They mentioned him being traded to the 'Phins for a 3rd rnd pick. I'd shit a chicken if the 'Phins got him for a 3rd and not the Chiefs.

Halfcan
02-11-2010, 02:32 PM

Do you really think it is wise to spend $21M+ to convert a 30 year old DE to play a new position in a defense scheme he has never played at the highest level? There is no assurance he can play OLB at the same level he played DE and do you even want to pay an OLB that kind of money?

this

milkman
02-11-2010, 09:16 PM

I didn't speculate on whether we should spend that kind of money on Peppers.

I only commented on your speculation that he might not make the transition.

As for the money, no, I would not be inclined to spend that kind of money on a guy who has been in th eleague for as long as he has been.

ForeverChiefs58
02-11-2010, 09:25 PM
I didn't speculate on whether we should spend that kind of money on Peppers.

I only commented on your speculation that he might not make the transition.

As for the money, no, I would not be inclined to spend that kind of money on a guy who has been in th eleague for as long as he has been.

who cares what he gets paid? No cap, so who cares if Hunt overpays. I hope he does, so he sends a message that we will be in the "hunt" for talent.