PDA

View Full Version : Life Deadliest Catch' captain Phil Harris dies at age 53

3rd&48ers
02-10-2010, 06:09 AM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/post/2010/02/deadliest-catch-captain-phil-harris-dies-at-age-53/1

RIP.....

Bwana
02-10-2010, 06:18 AM
Well that sucks. They guy was entertaining, but lived a hard life.

RIP

NewChief
02-10-2010, 06:43 AM
Wow. That sucks.

Spicy McHaggis
02-10-2010, 06:44 AM
Sad for anybody to lose their dad anytime.

Deberg_1990
02-10-2010, 06:48 AM
RIP.

Dude was 53, but looked 63....tough life.

Old Dog
02-10-2010, 06:50 AM
RIP
He was my favorite one on the show. Dude had been walking a fine line for a while though.

KCUnited
02-10-2010, 07:02 AM
Phil Harris located directly North of Dutch Harbour.

KcMizzou
02-10-2010, 07:07 AM
Damn. Now we know how long a man can survive on nothing but Marlboro's and Red Bull.

Dallas Chief
02-10-2010, 07:07 AM
RIP. Man that really sucks. :(
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath58
02-10-2010, 07:17 AM
Damn.

Braincase
02-10-2010, 07:23 AM
RIP. He's pulling in 130 in each trap now. And laughing all the while.

RedNeckRaider
02-10-2010, 07:30 AM
Damn. Now we know how long a man can survive on nothing but Marlboro's and Red Bull.

That is bad for you? I thought that was just a myth created on the internet :spock: Seemed like a cool guy RIP~

Delano
02-10-2010, 07:33 AM
I hope Deadliest Catch follows the Harris boys. If they end up taking over the boat, I think the show could be quite interesting.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frazod
02-10-2010, 07:35 AM
Damn that sucks. He was my favorite. :(

TrebMaxx
02-10-2010, 07:51 AM
RIP Capt. Harris.

wutamess
02-10-2010, 07:54 AM
R8ers: Is this so fuggin hard to do? Lazy fugg!

Sad news this morning: Phil Harris, captain of the Cornelia Marie fishing boat featured on Deadliest Catch, has died in Alaska. He was 53.Harris suffered a massive stroke on Jan. 29 while the Cornelia Marie was in port at St. Paul Island, Alaska. The boat captain was flown to Anchorage for surgery.
"It is with great sadness that we say goodbye to our dad - Captain Phil Harris. Dad has always been a fighter and continued to be until the end," sons Josh and Jake Harris said in a statement on the Cornelia Marie site (http://www.corneliamarie.com/). "For us and the crew, he was someone who never backed down."
In a statement the network said, "Discovery mourns the loss of dear friend and colleague Captain Phil Harris. He was more than someone on our television screen. Phil was a devoted father and loyal friend to all who knew him. We will miss his straightforward honesty, wicked sense of humor and enormous heart. We share our tremendous sadness over this loss with the millions of viewers who followed Phil's every move. We send our thoughts and prayers to Phil's sons Josh and Jake and the Cornelia Marie crew."

CaliforniaChief
02-10-2010, 08:06 AM
That's really sad. I love the show and enjoyed watching Captain Phil and the Cornelia Marie's crew (especially Jake and Josh).

tyton75
02-10-2010, 08:41 AM
Man.. he was a favorite

Reerun_KC
02-10-2010, 08:44 AM
Sad...

Now we get to watch his two sons implode and most likely lose everything the family has....

This should be an interesting watch now...

FishingRod
02-10-2010, 09:15 AM
Too Bad, RIP Phil

MikeMaslowski
02-10-2010, 09:36 AM
Poor kiddos, I only saw a few episodes but it seemed like his son was really friggen worried about him. He cooked him a burnt ass sausage sammich, but it was nice. RIP.

PhillyChiefFan
02-10-2010, 09:36 AM
That really sucks.

RIP Capt Phil

DJ's left nut
02-10-2010, 09:38 AM
Bummer.

He's had so many health problems over the last couple of years, you knew this was on its way. I didn't expect it to be quite so soon, but you never thought the man would see 65.

Over-Head
02-10-2010, 09:40 AM
He will be missed.
But come on now, chain smoking, no sleep, long HARD ours.
Hell after 13 years on the highway I was beat up, I can't imagine what he put his body thorough with a life time of fishing THOSE aters.

RIP Phil,
Next to Sid, you were the Cool kid! :thumb:

tyton75
02-10-2010, 11:00 AM
They didn't say, but I wonder if he had the stroke while fishing on the show?

sounds like it may have been between King and Opilio crap seasons?

Frazod
02-10-2010, 11:05 AM
They didn't say, but I wonder if he had the stroke while fishing on the show?

sounds like it may have been between King and Opilio crap seasons?

I think it happened while they were in port offloading.

smittysbar
02-10-2010, 11:18 AM
Seemed like a good guy, doubt his sons will be able to continue, they never seemed to "get it".

fan4ever
02-10-2010, 11:22 AM
If I remember correctly he had a health issue with a blood clot on one of the episodes; once those become an issue it's a crap shoot.

dtebbe
02-10-2010, 11:50 AM
If I remember correctly he had a health issue with a blood clot on one of the episodes; once those become an issue it's a crap shoot.

You are correct. I was thinking then about how lucky he was to not have a stroke.

When you start coughing up blood mother nature is telling you it's time to change your ways IMHO..

DT

Frazod
02-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Seemed like a good guy, doubt his sons will be able to continue, they never seemed to "get it".

The youngest one might be okay. The older one's kind of a douche, though.

alanm
02-10-2010, 12:20 PM
Sad...

Now we get to watch his two sons implode and most likely lose everything the family has....

This should be an interesting watch now...How can that be? Their not baby boomers. ;)

Al Czervik
02-10-2010, 12:25 PM
RIP Phil.....

Hope the ship can continue fishing with a new Skipper...

Frazod
02-10-2010, 01:12 PM
RIP Phil.....

Hope the ship can continue fishing with a new Skipper...

I wonder if they'll get Murray back? I can't see either of the kids being ready to captain anything bigger than a speedboat.

DJ's left nut
02-10-2010, 02:09 PM

Give Jake a few years.

For as young as he is, he had a strong back and seemed to have the stones for the gig.

Simply Red
02-10-2010, 02:24 PM
RIP

OmahaChief
02-10-2010, 02:53 PM
Phil will be missed. He seemed like a good guy on that show. Really cared about his boat and business.

Al Czervik
02-10-2010, 09:42 PM
I wonder if they'll get Murray back? I can't see either of the kids being ready to captain anything bigger than a speedboat.

Agreed....Phil went off on one of them when they wanted
Full Share? LOL...Pretty much tells ya the two boys are not
even close to running the ship.....

Cosmos
02-10-2010, 10:39 PM
Crab farts.... heh.

RIP.

googlegoogle
02-11-2010, 12:57 AM
Can't believe a stupid stroke took him down.

Didn't take his meds or something.

Rem. In Peace.

MichaelH
02-11-2010, 06:20 AM
I hope Deadliest Catch follows the Harris boys. If they end up taking over the boat, I think the show could be quite interesting.
Posted via Mobile Device

I hope Ding and Dong don't F- the boat or the business up. The younger one needs to grow up a bit.

Chiefnj2
02-11-2010, 07:59 AM
I wonder what the average life expectancy is of a crab captain.

Easy 6
02-11-2010, 09:01 AM

Heh, exactly... 2 hours of sleep a night, 4 packs of smokes a day, high mental stress, looong periods of inactivity, piss poor diet... no wonder he went so young.

I dont care what those guys make, not. worth. it.

RIP Phil.

NewChief
06-15-2010, 08:17 PM
Holy shit. Just watched an episode (maybe season finale?) where Jake was stealing Phil's meds because he's an "addict."

Blindsided me. As much as I hate it, it combines two of my favorite reality shows. Intervention and Deadliest Catch.

That being said... there's a lot of talk about how scripted this show has become. I'm a little dubious of the scene where Phil supposedly catches Jake. I think Jake probably had a painkiller addiction, then the producers decided to stage a scene where he gets caught stealing Phil's meds. Anyone know the scoop?

DJay23
06-15-2010, 08:31 PM
Holy shit. Just watched an episode (maybe season finale?) where Jake was stealing Phil's meds because he's an "addict."

Blindsided me. As much as I hate it, it combines two of my favorite reality shows. Intervention and Deadliest Catch.

That being said... there's a lot of talk about how scripted this show has become. I'm a little dubious of the scene where Phil supposedly catches Jake. I think Jake probably had a painkiller addiction, then the producers decided to stage a scene where he gets caught stealing Phil's meds. Anyone know the scoop?

Not season finale. We lose Phil next week. They've foreshadowed the hell out of it too.

NewChief
06-15-2010, 08:33 PM
Not season finale. We lose Phil next week. They've foreshadowed the hell out of it too.

Ahh. Still, what's the word on Jake? If it's scripted, he's pretty ballsy letting the producers script him that way. His old man is about to die, and he's swiping his pills (even if they are pain pills and unrelated to his illness)? That's unflattering to say the least. If it was a "real" moment when Phil catches him, then that's some pretty badass (and powerful) reality TV.

DJay23
06-15-2010, 08:35 PM
Ahh. Still, what's the word on Jake? If it's scripted, he's pretty ballsy letting the producers script him that way. His old man is about to die, and he's swiping his pills (even if they are pain pills and unrelated to his illness)? That's unflattering to say the least. If it was a "real" moment when Phil catches him, then that's some pretty badass (and powerful) reality TV.

HOnestly, I never assume the stuff on the boats is scripted. Never really thought of it that way. The other stuff is pretty painful to watch sometimes.

Having said that, I know I had a lump in my throat watching the last 5 minutes. Didn't see the Jake thing coming, though the signs were there. I hope it wasn't scripted because that would be a pretty shitty thing for a "reality" show to do.

KcMizzou
06-15-2010, 09:03 PM
HOnestly, I never assume the stuff on the boats is scripted. Never really thought of it that way. The other stuff is pretty painful to watch sometimes.

Having said that, I know I had a lump in my throat watching the last 5 minutes. Didn't see the Jake thing coming, though the signs were there. I hope it wasn't scripted because that would be a pretty shitty thing for a "reality" show to do.And it's one of the few "reality" shows that people assume is actually pretty real.

alanm
06-15-2010, 09:08 PM
Damn. Now we know how long a man can survive on nothing but Marlboro's and Red Bull.I have 4 months left.
I've been watching the new season that's still on so I'm thinking that was filmed back in January. Guess they weren't filming when he had his stroke in February.

Buck
06-15-2010, 09:09 PM
I didn't realize he passed away during the filming of a season. I've never watched the show, but the description of the last episode and the next episode make it sound like a really crazy show.

DJay23
06-15-2010, 09:09 PM
And it's one of the few "reality" shows that people assume is actually pretty real.

I always assumed it was.

valheru
06-15-2010, 09:10 PM
Damn that's WAY to young! :-/

alanm
06-15-2010, 09:15 PM
Not season finale. We lose Phil next week. They've foreshadowed the hell out of it too.Oh hell I assumed it happened after they were done filming the season. I really don't want to see them cart him off the boat on a gurney. :shake:

KcMizzou
06-15-2010, 09:15 PM
I always assumed it was.Likewise.

And I always liked Phil. He was my fave other than maybe Jonathan from the Time Bandit. (Edgar on Sig's boat is pretty badass too.)

alanm
06-15-2010, 09:25 PM
I didn't realize he passed away during the filming of a season. I've never watched the show, but the description of the last episode and the next episode make it sound like a really crazy show.It's a great show. The only reality show I'll watch.

DJay23
06-15-2010, 09:28 PM
Likewise.

And I always liked Phil. He was my fave other than maybe Jonathan from the Time Bandit. (Edgar on Sig's boat is pretty badass too.)

I actually always liked Sig because of what a hardass he is. Phil, was my second favorite, just seems like a good dude. I like his boy Josh but Jake is kind of a dick.

DJay23
06-15-2010, 09:29 PM
Oh hell I assumed it happened after they were done filming the season. I really don't want to see them cart him off the boat on a gurney. :shake:

Offloading a haul at the end of Opelia I think. Once I saw Sig head in to St Paul earlier in tonight's episode I knew it had to be soon that Phil would go in to empty his tanks.

HonestChieffan
06-15-2010, 09:30 PM
June 22 is episode where Harris has stroke.

DJay23
06-15-2010, 09:32 PM
It's a great show. The only reality show I'll watch.

Same here. I missed a couple of seasons (which is no problem because they replay all of the seasons all the time). I missed it though. I am amazed at how much adversity they have to overcome to get those little suckers and the razor thin edge they slide on between life and death. I know I could never do it.

Rain Man
06-15-2010, 09:54 PM
Should I go to Dutch Harbor and pay my respects?

KcMizzou
06-15-2010, 10:19 PM
Should I go to Dutch Harbor and pay my respects?Of course.

Rain Man
06-15-2010, 10:20 PM
Of course.

Okay. Lemme see what I can do.

Frazod
06-15-2010, 10:23 PM
It's a great show. The only reality show I'll watch.

I like this and Dirty Jobs. That's about it. I won't watch any of the contrived pseudo-reality crap (Survivor, etc.) or stupid knock off stuff like Swamp Loggers or Ice Road Truckers (WHO GIVES A SHIT?!).

KcMizzou
06-15-2010, 10:24 PM
Okay. Lemme see what I can do.What's weird is, I wouldn't be surprised if you actually did it.

KcMizzou
06-15-2010, 10:25 PM
I like this and Dirty Jobs. That's about it. I won't watch any of the contrived pseudo-reality crap (Survivor, etc.) or stupid knock off stuff like Swamp Loggers or Ice Road Truckers (WHO GIVES A SHIT?!).Mike Rowe rules.

CaliforniaChief
06-15-2010, 10:27 PM
Wow, that last scene with Jake and Phil was insane. Yeah I'm out west and just watching it on my DVR but wow.

Frazod
06-15-2010, 10:30 PM
Mike Rowe rules.

Yeah, he rocks. The deadpan humor coupled with the exasperated disgust at the shit he gets stuck doing are great. Plus, I love the interaction he has with his crew - you can just tell he must be a great guy to work with/for.

I should also add that I like No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain. Foul-mouthed, obnoxious New Yorker travels the world drinking heavily. Although he was more fun when he smoked. :D

Ebolapox
06-15-2010, 10:31 PM
damn, man. RIP

KcMizzou
06-15-2010, 10:35 PM
Yeah, he rocks. The deadpan humor coupled with the exasperated disgust at the shit he gets stuck doing are great. Plus, I love the interaction he has with his crew - you can just tell he must be a great guy to work with/for.

I should also add that I like No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain. Foul-mouthed, obnoxious New Yorker travels the world drinking heavily. Although he was more fun when he smoked. :DHell yeah. Love that show too.

I must say, however... I'd rather have Tony's job than Mike's.

Frazod
06-15-2010, 10:38 PM
Hell yeah. Love that show too.

I must say, however... I'd rather have Tony's job than Mike's.

Yeah, but Tony's a lot more likely to get killed. Some of the places he goes..... :eek:

But still, I guess I'd rather eat deep fried yak balls in Nepal than clean out a septic tank with a turd hurdler. LMAO

GoHuge
06-15-2010, 11:33 PM
Yeah tonight when Phil was saying he didn't know what was wrong with him I was thinking "oh shit I can't watch this." I've been wondering how they where going to play this thing out. We have "Deadliest Catch" night at my house every Tuesday. I recorded "After the Catch" tonight, but haven't watched it yet. I really don't want to see Phil go next week even though I know he's already gone. I don't think there is any scripting with this show (at least I really hope not). Amazing how much these guys seem like people you know when you've watched for years. Probably gonna shed a tear or two next week. Call me a pussy...........don't care. Phil was the man.

tyton75
06-16-2010, 05:06 AM
Yeah tonight when Phil was saying he didn't know what was wrong with him I was thinking "oh shit I can't watch this." I've been wondering how they where going to play this thing out. We have "Deadliest Catch" night at my house every Tuesday. I recorded "After the Catch" tonight, but haven't watched it yet. I really don't want to see Phil go next week even though I know he's already gone. I don't think there is any scripting with this show (at least I really hope not). Amazing how much these guys seem like people you know when you've watched for years. Probably gonna shed a tear or two next week. Call me a pussy...........don't care. Phil was the man.

ditto

Sully
06-16-2010, 09:24 AM
After seeing that episode, and knowing what's ahead, I do not envy Jake one bit.

He's got to be blaming himself for a lot. I just hope they made up before his dad left.

Huffmeister
06-16-2010, 10:08 AM
The Phil / Jake stuff at the end was definitely intense. But it was also crazy to hear about the other Jake (Anderson, on the Northwestern) talk about how his dad has been missing for several weeks, and then Sig getting the call from Jake's mom, saying they found his truck on an abandoned logging road, and to keep Jake busy. That poor kid has been through some rough stuff in his life. During the marathon over Memorial Day weekend, I caught the episode from a couple years ago where he got the news that his sister had died. Heart-wrenching stuff.

Rain Man
06-16-2010, 10:31 AM
What's weird is, I wouldn't be surprised if you actually did it.

I'm looking for airfares now. I've never seen the show, but I might have to do this. Way too cool to pass up.

boogblaster
06-16-2010, 10:33 AM
Kool Show ... RIP Capt ....

NewChief
06-16-2010, 10:37 AM
The Phil / Jake stuff at the end was definitely intense. But it was also crazy to hear about the other Jake (Anderson, on the Northwestern) talk about how his dad has been missing for several weeks, and then Sig getting the call from Jake's mom, saying they found his truck on an abandoned logging road, and to keep Jake busy. That poor kid has been through some rough stuff in his life. During the marathon over Memorial Day weekend, I caught the episode from a couple years ago where he got the news that his sister had died. Heart-wrenching stuff.

Yeah. I like that kid. He's sort of dorky in his earnestness and desire to fit in with everyone, but he seems like he has a real heart of gold.

DJay23
06-16-2010, 10:38 AM

You've gotta feel for that kid. He has had it rough. I believe he's said he's the bread winner in his family. And all the guy wants is to be a crewman on the Northwestern. Bless him.

Scaga
06-16-2010, 10:42 AM
Here's the summary of the rest of this weeks season on "Deadliest Catch".
Semi-spoiler in case you don't want to know...

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/06/16/deadliest-catch-jake-stealing-phils-pills/

CaliforniaChief
06-16-2010, 10:48 AM
That's gonna be hard to watch, honestly.

Frazod
06-16-2010, 10:51 AM
That's gonna be hard to watch, honestly.

They're all going to be hard to watch. I think Phil was pretty much everybody's favorite.

CaliforniaChief
06-16-2010, 10:55 AM
They're all going to be hard to watch. I think Phil was pretty much everybody's favorite.

The part with his sons is, for me, the hardest part. Josh seems to have a modicum of a clue when it comes to life, but Jake is so lost. And to have had that incident with the prescription drugs and him confessing addiction just adds to it. I'm sure they reconcile before he dies but it's rough.

Frazod
06-16-2010, 10:59 AM
The part with his sons is, for me, the hardest part. Josh seems to have a modicum of a clue when it comes to life, but Jake is so lost. And to have had that incident with the prescription drugs and him confessing addiction just adds to it. I'm sure they reconcile before he dies but it's rough.

I just despise Jake - he is such a punk. I don't know what he's going to do now that Phil's dead. Who else would put up with his shit?

vailpass
06-16-2010, 11:00 AM
I used to really like this show but this season seems so produced, the realism isn't there for me. They all know they are on TV and it shows.

MOhillbilly
06-16-2010, 11:02 AM
Who has time to watch tv?

Deberg_1990
06-16-2010, 11:08 AM
Who has time to watch tv?

Thats what i love about DVR's...i set record and watch when i want to watch.

CaliforniaChief
06-16-2010, 11:12 AM
Thats what i love about DVR's...i set record and watch when i want to watch.

This. Talk about an invention that's changed life.

OnTheWarpath58
06-16-2010, 11:18 AM
I saw this thread bumped and purposely stayed out of it thinking this was the week - we weren't home last night and missed the show.

Just got done watching - and Fraz is right - these last episodes are going to be hard to watch.

DJay23
06-22-2010, 07:58 PM
Good to see Josh take charge of that situation.

Frazod
06-22-2010, 11:15 PM
I can already tell that I'm going to be annoyed with the little things the show is going to do to ramp up the drama.

Did you notice the shots of the black bird while they were hauling Phil off the boat? Nice touch, fuckos. Of course, we already KNOW HE'S DEAD, so is it really necessary to foreshadow his demise with the Edgar Allan Poe bullshit? I'm thinking the death of one of the key people on the show in front of his kids will probably be dramatic enough.

Dickbags. That really offended me. :grr:

bkkcoh
06-23-2010, 07:44 AM
At least they seemed to be in a good state right before the stroke looking at the pictures from 20 years ago.

I hope the son(s) don't feel as it was their fault that he had the stroke because of the argument they had previously.

That would be horrible!

Gonzo
06-23-2010, 07:51 AM
I can already tell that I'm going to be annoyed with the little things the show is going to do to ramp up the drama.

Did you notice the shots of the black bird while they were hauling Phil off the boat? Nice touch, fuckos. Of course, we already KNOW HE'S DEAD, so is it really necessary to foreshadow his demise with the Edgar Allan Poe bullshit? I'm thinking the death of one of the key people on the show in front of his kids will probably be dramatic enough.

This...
I noticed that shit too. Oh, and what a coincidence that he was looking at those pics right before stroking out. Can you say, "stock footage?"
Posted via Mobile Device

Tytanium
06-23-2010, 08:47 AM

Raven on the rail is a old sailing sign of a bad omen.

Deberg_1990
07-13-2010, 07:46 AM
Bump...his final episode airs tonight. 2 hour special.

Buck
07-13-2010, 07:49 AM
I've been seeing the ads on MLB.tv of all things, weird.

I think its really fucking morbid and I dont know how you guys could willingly watch that.

Frazod
07-13-2010, 08:07 AM
I've been seeing the ads on MLB.tv of all things, weird.

I think its really fucking morbid and I dont know how you guys could willingly watch that.

Well, I've been watching the show for years, and he was my favorite among the captains. It's not like I'm just tuning in for the drama.

And yes, it commercializes his death. But it also commercialized his life. He knew the cameras were rolling and had no problem with it.

But I'm sure it will be very difficult to watch.

tymania
07-13-2010, 08:11 AM
Well, I've been watching the show for years, and he was my favorite among the captains. It's not like I'm just tuning in for the drama.

And yes, it commercializes his death. But it also commercialized his life. He knew the cameras were rolling and had no problem with it.

i am sure it will be difficult.. but you know discovery is playing this for everything they can get out of it.. i bet some one at discovery is betting on having the highest ratings that the show has ever seen.. or one of the highest anyway.. kinda sad but what can you do.

3rd&48ers
07-13-2010, 05:28 PM
sad deal, he was my favorite as well ... I have watched em all... the show isn't the same without him, guess the time bandit or northwestern will have to be the fav now... kinda like old edgar on the northwestern as my favorite ...

also read a story today that that Jake kid on the northwestern whos dad was missing and they found his truck on the logging road , it is said in this article he was going to buy street oxycotin and never came home and foul play is expected
http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-deadliest-catch-father-jake-anderson,0,3854477.story

Sure-Oz
07-13-2010, 05:44 PM
Ill be watching as well, more likely dvr'ing. watched the show about a handful of times but enjoyed it

Bwana
07-13-2010, 06:20 PM
It should be a good two hours of TV, which is hard to find these days.

R&GHomer
07-13-2010, 07:53 PM
I have only seen this show occasionally, but found it entertaining. Honestly I didn't know Phil Harris had passed away until I read this thread.

Sad... it reminds me how lucky I am too still have my Mom with us. She had a massive stroke about 7 years ago and we as a family went through so many of the same trials and emotions. She was in rehab for over 6 months and then a year after getting out of the hospital she was diagnosed with breast cancer.

Fought through two separate rounds of that and is still here to randomly call and say I love you.

Over-Head
07-13-2010, 10:11 PM

Same here, been hooked since day 1, always thought Sid was the Capt.Kirk of them, young, brash, not scared to take a chance.
Like the guys who did it in wooden boats before him.

And Phil, hell, losing him, wow, show just wont be the same.

Missed it tonight going over a custom ceiling design with my currant client. :banghead:
,and I ain't getting up at 1 to see it either.

GoHuge
07-13-2010, 11:59 PM
Same here, been hooked since day 1, always thought Sid was the Capt.Kirk of them, young, brash, not scared to take a chance.
Like the guys who did it in wooden boats before him.

And Phil, hell, losing him, wow, show just wont be the same.

Missed it tonight going over a custom ceiling design with my currant client. :banghead:
,and I ain't getting up at 1 to see it either.Yeah I've been a hooked from day one guy as well. Those of us that have watched it for years think of these guys as people we know. My favorite boat is probably the Time Bandit with Jonathan and Andy. Love Phil and Sig to though. Can't stand Keith on the Wizard. Same with Bill on the Kodiak.

I had heard all day and all week it was going to be a 2 hour special tonight, but watching it it was only the regular one hour. They then said at the end of tonights episode next week is a 2 hour special. It is already the highest rated show on Tuesday nights by a wide margin. I'm sure these last few episodes have been through the roof. I even heard advertising for it on the radio several times today.

pr_capone
07-14-2010, 12:40 AM
I'd hate to be Jake.

To not be there but at a rehab clinic when his dad died will haunt him for the rest of his life. At least it would me.

DJay23
07-14-2010, 06:36 AM
I'd hate to be Jake.

To not be there but at a rehab clinic when his dad died will haunt him for the rest of his life. At least it would me.

That would bug me too. But at least Phil told him he was happy that he was doing what he was doing.

Deberg_1990
07-14-2010, 08:46 AM
Great show. brought some tears to my eyes...

When they showed clips from 2007, you could see just how far Harris's look and health had declined in 3 years. He looked like he had aged 15 years in 3.

Frazod
07-14-2010, 08:49 AM
They handled it pretty tastifully (more tastifully than I thought they would).

I think next week's episode will be worse, as we see everybody dealing with the aftermath.

LocoChiefsFan
07-14-2010, 09:52 AM
Does anyone know if they are going to show an encore of it? We had a ballgame last night and missed it(forgot to set the dvr)?

Huffmeister
07-14-2010, 10:28 AM
I'd hate to be Jake.

Yeah, it'd be tough. But I think he can take solace in the fact that Phil was happy that he went. And had he stayed, who knows what kind of spiral he could have fallen into and may have never gone to treatment. A treatment center may have been the best place for him.

Deberg_1990
07-14-2010, 10:54 AM
They handled it pretty tastifully (more tastifully than I thought they would).

I think next week's episode will be worse, as we see everybody dealing with the aftermath.

yea, for a minute there, i thought they were gonna show the actual death.

Deberg_1990
07-14-2010, 10:55 AM
Does anyone know if they are going to show an encore of it? We had a ballgame last night and missed it(forgot to set the dvr)?

Its Discovery. They show every show about 2000 times.

Frazod
07-14-2010, 11:19 AM
yea, for a minute there, i thought they were gonna show the actual death.

I said the same thing to my wife while we were watching it. That would have been fucked up on a monumental level.

38yrsfan
07-14-2010, 11:28 AM
RIP

Sorry Charly .....

WV
07-14-2010, 08:20 PM
Just watched and it was pretty moving whether you like the show or not.

KCBOSS1
07-14-2010, 08:40 PM

Yes, they are going to show it at 7pm next Tuesday night on Discovery before the next episode.

LocoChiefsFan
07-14-2010, 08:42 PM
Thanks!!

GoHuge
07-14-2010, 09:01 PM
Does anyone know if they are going to show an encore of it? We had a ballgame last night and missed it(forgot to set the dvr)?Discovery is wall-to-wall Deadliest catch on the weekend. I think they show the current weeks shows on friday nights. Don't worry it will be available.........100's of times!

DJay23
07-14-2010, 09:12 PM
The most moving part to me was the last (I think it was last) conversation between Josh and Phil. When Phil told Josh he was sorry for not being there as a father. That kind of stuff is just gut wrenching. I'm glad when he died, he could die hearing his son say what Josh said though.

It's funny, like someone said earlier we feel like we know these guys and that makes it more emotional. For as sad as I was when I first heard Phil had passed, I am proud of Josh for the way he (at least when they've shown us on TV) has handled this whole thing. He's really been a man about this, taking care of his dad and the boat and Jake.

Param
07-14-2010, 09:24 PM
Sig & the northwestern were my favorite, but damn how can u not like Phil & the cornelia marie.

KcMizzou
07-14-2010, 10:04 PM
Sig & the northwestern were my favorite, but damn how can u not like Phil & the cornelia marie.My favorite Is probably Edgar, from Sig's boat. But my favorite boat (and crew) is the Time Bandit. Not only is the name awesome, Johnathan seems like a hell of a guy to have a few beers with...

Valiant
07-14-2010, 10:20 PM
The most moving part to me was the last (I think it was last) conversation between Josh and Phil. When Phil told Josh he was sorry for not being there as a father. That kind of stuff is just gut wrenching. I'm glad when he died, he could die hearing his son say what Josh said though.

It's funny, like someone said earlier we feel like we know these guys and that makes it more emotional. For as sad as I was when I first heard Phil had passed, I am proud of Josh for the way he (at least when they've shown us on TV) has handled this whole thing. He's really been a man about this, taking care of his dad and the boat and Jake.

So the Truman Show complex??

Deberg_1990
07-14-2010, 10:23 PM
So the Truman Show complex??

hahah....now there was a movie before its time. That came out a couple of years before the whole reality show craze. It plays like a dead on parody now.

Over-Head
07-14-2010, 11:02 PM
My favorite Is probably Edgar, from Sig's boat. But my favorite boat (and crew) is the Time Bandit. Not only is the name awesome, Johnathan seems like a hell of a guy to have a few beers with...
Yep, liked when he shoved lard ass over at the `Capt`s meeting`` in the wrecked hull and all he could blubber as he dodged going stright into the fire pit was `Well don`t be try`n to call me your friend anymore` ROFL
Both Sig and Phil were bent over laughing till tthe camera caught them and they re-acted all concerned and stered with the `hey easy, break it up stuff`

Gonzo
04-09-2011, 04:03 PM
Just an FYI:

They're replaying all of last season right now. New season starts on Tuesday.
Posted via Mobile Device

bevischief
04-09-2011, 04:20 PM
Just an FYI:

They're replaying all of last season right now. New season starts on Tuesday.
Posted via Mobile Device

Watching it right now.