PDA

View Full Version : Elections Chris Matthews proves hes a douche (again)

Chocolate Hog
02-10-2010, 10:17 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o0OsfEziVyw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o0OsfEziVyw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

munkey
02-10-2010, 11:02 PM
ok...I watched it...and it reminded me why I don't pay attention to crap like this. Thanks for the reminder....can i have that 5 minutes of my life back now...douche

Taco John
02-10-2010, 11:03 PM
I had to crack up at how transparent they were when they were trying to conflate racism with states rights.

munkey
02-10-2010, 11:07 PM
I had to crack up at how transparent they were when they were trying to conflate racism with states rights.

yeah...it was so stupid it was somewhat amusing yet sick at the same time. I couldn't help but wonder who many idiots watched this with no idea of what they were talking about....

petegz28
02-10-2010, 11:17 PM
So now if you support State's Rights you are a racist??? LMAO JFC, these people are idiots.

petegz28
02-10-2010, 11:18 PM
And I like how Matthews brings on not 1 but 2 people to add to the attack.

patteeu
02-10-2010, 11:33 PM

So now if you support State's Rights you are a racist??? LMAO JFC, these people are idiots.

This has been going on for a long, long time. The left has considered "states rights" a racist code phrase for decades. It's idiotic.

Jenson71
02-10-2010, 11:55 PM
This has been going on for a long, long time. The left has considered "states rights" a racist code phrase for decades. It's idiotic.

Somewhat understandable, being that that's because it was, for many decades. That being established and recognized, the conflation no longer exists. Time to happily move on.

patteeu
02-11-2010, 06:32 AM
Somewhat understandable, being that that's because it was, for many decades. That being established and recognized, the conflation no longer exists. Time to happily move on.

Sometimes it was and sometimes it wasn't. That's the problem with seeing racism behind every potential codeword. There have always been legitimate reasons to support state's rights but those who did so were smeared with the racism charge. At least we can agree that it's time to move on.

Chief Henry
02-11-2010, 07:27 AM
And I like how Matthews brings on not 1 but 2 people to add to the attack.

This is one of the numerous reasons why MSNBC is tanking in the ratings.
People understand what they're going to get when they tune it in. So people know they don't have to watch MSNBC, because its the same thing
day after day. Matthews has a major credibilty gap, as does the intire network. The ratings prove that.

BigRedChief
02-11-2010, 07:29 AM
This has been going on for a long, long time. The left has considered "states rights" a racist code phrase for decades. It's idiotic.While I agree that your point is valid, I disagree with the assertion that all state rights talk is not racist. Some is and will always be. not all, but some. Much like literacy tests, its sometimes used to cover racism, not always but sometimes.

State rights was decided a long time ago. We had a friggin civil war over it for crissakes. No state is going to leave the union but, I still consider any person advocating their state leaving the USA a traitor to America.

fan4ever
02-11-2010, 08:14 AM
From what I've seen the "states rights" issue has become a hot topic because of the healthcare bill; could states opt out, etc.

petegz28
02-11-2010, 08:16 AM
The Tenth Amendment (Amendment X) of the United States Constitution, which is part of the Bill of Rights, was ratified on December 15, 1791. The Tenth Amendment restates the Constitution's principle of federalism by providing that powers not granted to the national government nor prohibited to the states by the constitution of the United States are reserved to the states or the people.

patteeu
02-11-2010, 10:50 AM
While I agree that your point is valid, I disagree with the assertion that all state rights talk is not racist. Some is and will always be. not all, but some. Much like literacy tests, its sometimes used to cover racism, not always but sometimes.

State rights was decided a long time ago. We had a friggin civil war over it for crissakes. No state is going to leave the union but, I still consider any person advocating their state leaving the USA a traitor to America.

Of course, I made no such assertion, and I'm not sure anyone else has either.

"State's rights" means more than just the right to leave the union. The question of where the line is between state sovereignty and the federal government's authority is in constant tension, and while liberal SCOTUS justices have tried to eliminate almost all restraints on the federal government, they haven't completely succeeded.

KILLER_CLOWN
02-11-2010, 10:58 AM
I swear the media pundits can tell you your hair is on fire and it's good for you and many would believe it. I mean really States rights=Racism? Seriously?

BigChiefFan
02-11-2010, 11:53 AM
The Fed is out of touch with the constitution is the problem. Medina looks to be a real grass roots movement. They're concerned that an outsider, could actually take back some rights for it's citizens.

Taco John
02-11-2010, 12:04 PM
While I agree that your point is valid, I disagree with the assertion that all state rights talk is not racist. Some is and will always be. not all, but some.

In this day and age, not enough to even merit mentioning.

BigRedChief
02-11-2010, 12:21 PM
In this day and age, not enough to even merit mentioning.yeahhhh well we arn't going back to the Fed/States relationship of 1830 either so whats the point? Isn't your point about personal liberty not states rights?

Taco John
02-11-2010, 12:58 PM
yeahhhh well we arn't going back to the Fed/States relationship of 1830 either so whats the point? Isn't your point about personal liberty not states rights?

I think that you're wrong on the first count. And on the second, personal liberty and states rights are intrinsically intertwined.

Dallas Chief
02-11-2010, 12:59 PM
I have no idea who these talking heads are??? James Moore- the author of Bush's Brain- said there hadn't been a Republican Primary in Texas since the Civil War. WTF is he talking about? Let's see he wrote a book on Bush and Bush ran for Governor in 1994, including a Republican primary. Plus, the state was pretty much run by Democrats from the 1870's -1970's- 25 election cycles for Governor. And we are to beleive there wasn't a Republican primary for Governor for 100 years? What a complete loon!

Taco John
02-11-2010, 12:59 PM
If the buzz is any indication, Chris Matthew's just elevated Medina's chances.