PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Madden Noob Questions

modocsot
02-11-2010, 08:38 AM
I decided to snag one of those XBOX 360 elite bundle deals, and also bought a used Madden 10 game but it didn't come with instructions.

The last football game I owned was NFL2K5, on original XBOX. With being used to the NFL2K controls, I'm having a hard time figuring out the basics of Madden controls.... like how to run faster. I haven't been able to bust a running play longer than 4 yards.

With NFL2K, you repeatedly hit the A-button to run faster. On Madden, A-button does something else. So, how do I make my player run faster after the catch or handoff?

A google search on "Madden controls" pulls up tips and cheats, but I'm just simply looking for a controller map.

Anybody's help is much appreciated! :D

tymania
02-11-2010, 09:17 AM
http://www.gamefly.com/MediaTitle/PrintGameplayControls/136605/

Hays
02-11-2010, 09:40 AM
the right trigger

modocsot
02-11-2010, 11:39 AM
http://www.gamefly.com/MediaTitle/PrintGameplayControls/136605/

Thanks!!! +rep

Short Leash Hootie
02-11-2010, 01:34 PM
lol...

that would be funny to see someone running while tapping stiff arm

Fruit Ninja
02-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Fuck that misrepresentation of the sport they call Madden Football. It sucks. Yes, i will say it everytime.

tymania
02-11-2010, 03:36 PM
**** that misrepresentation of the sport they call Madden Football. It sucks. Yes, i will say it everytime.

misrepresentation of the NFL??? Its the best football game thats out there.. or can you name a better one?

Dicky McElephant
02-11-2010, 04:29 PM
misrepresentation of the NFL??? Its the best football game thats out there.. or can you name a better one?

Oh Jesus....here we go.

He's going to say that 2k5 was better......He hates everything Madden. There is no point in getting into this argument with him.

bowener
02-11-2010, 05:17 PM
I decided to snag one of those XBOX 360 elite bundle deals, and also bought a used Madden 10 game but it didn't come with instructions.

The last football game I owned was NFL2K5, on original XBOX. With being used to the NFL2K controls, I'm having a hard time figuring out the basics of Madden controls.... like how to run faster. I haven't been able to bust a running play longer than 4 yards.

With NFL2K, you repeatedly hit the A-button to run faster. On Madden, A-button does something else. So, how do I make my player run faster after the catch or handoff?

A google search on "Madden controls" pulls up tips and cheats, but I'm just simply looking for a controller map.

Anybody's help is much appreciated! :D

Go to options, controller settings, controller configuration.

Mecca
02-12-2010, 02:25 AM
This years Madden game is actually pretty fun, far better than last years game.

I've built my Chiefs team around Sam Bradford...

-King-
02-12-2010, 03:00 AM
This years Madden game is actually pretty fun, far better than last years game.

I've built my Chiefs team around Sam Bradford...

Madden is great this year. Unlike previous years, it doesn't have many glitches and is more realistic. I remember seeing one of the developers of it on different Madden/Video game forums just asking how to make the game better before it released and after playing the game, it showed that he listened to people and really tried to make it better this year. I guess they got tired of people saying 2k was better.

Mecca
02-12-2010, 03:03 AM
LOL yea you can actually throw things like the skinny post on this years game provided you have the QB to do it, I was awful with Cassel, so I ditched him, drafted Bradford and now I'm pretty much dominant.

-King-
02-12-2010, 03:31 AM
Still need a deep post. For some reason, I find myself needing that a lot. Only way they run a deep post is if its like 15 yards to the first down.

I started using the Texans about a week ago. Andre Johnson is a fucking beast on that game. Matt Shaub's accuracy on the run is just terrible though and that's what I like to do.

tymania
02-12-2010, 10:43 AM
Still need a deep post. For some reason, I find myself needing that a lot. Only way they run a deep post is if its like 15 yards to the first down.

I started using the Texans about a week ago. Andre Johnson is a ****ing beast on that game. Matt Shaub's accuracy on the run is just terrible though and that's what I like to do.

in previous versions of madden, play action TE post worked really well.. especially if you roll your QB out to the side the pist is being ran on.. i use to dominate my friends with this play