PDA

View Full Version : Computers Cisco VPN Client

tymania
02-11-2010, 12:03 PM
We use the Cisco VPN Client at work, and i am having trouble getting one of our computers to connect to our Cisco Firewall using the Cisco VPN Client.. The VPN client is set up properly and so is the connection.. But i keep on getting an error saying it cannot reach the firewall.
The computer is set up through a router and the router is plugged into a cable modem.. I have set computers up and multiple places like this with no problems getting the VPN Client to work.. Does anyone else have any experience with VPN Clients? Any ideas of what to check? or what could be a possible solution?

asdf
02-11-2010, 12:39 PM
make sure your router is set to allow ipsec traffic. Sometimes it's just labled "VPN" in the settings. I know that on my home DLink, it has settings to allow ipsec and pptp traffic that have to be enabled before VPN connections will work.

tymania
02-11-2010, 12:55 PM
make sure your router is set to allow ipsec traffic. Sometimes it's just labled "VPN" in the settings. I know that on my home DLink, it has settings to allow ipsec and pptp traffic that have to be enabled before VPN connections will work.

That is one thing i was going to check the next time im out there.. Thanks! I was also going to check to see if the windows firewall was blocking it for some reason.. do you think it could be?