PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Survivor: Heroes vs Villains

Fruit Ninja
02-11-2010, 01:18 PM
Anyone watch Survivor? this is like one of the ONLY reality shows i watch. Its so badass.

2 hour premiere tonight.

Ebolapox
02-11-2010, 01:27 PM
badass? really? c'mon, man! chuck norris is badass. this is a creampuff.

Fruit Ninja
02-11-2010, 01:32 PM
lol, ya, losing 40'bs from deydration and no food is pussy shit. Chuck could go 4 months no water no food.

kepp
02-11-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm going to watch it...should be one of the best seasons.

Deberg_1990
02-11-2010, 05:46 PM
Looking forward to it. Nice to see Rupert back.

I could do without Jeri and Rob. Those two have become professional reality tv stars.

Be interesting to see how Russel does. He went from last season straight into this season. My guess is, none of the other All Stars had ever seen or heard of him before they started filming.

Fruit Ninja
02-11-2010, 06:21 PM
Looking forward to it. Nice to see Rupert back.

I could do without Jeri and Rob. Those two have become professional reality tv stars.

Be interesting to see how Russel does. He went from last season straight into this season. My guess is, none of the other All Stars had ever seen or heard of him before they started filming.

Its started on the east coast, i got a few hours left, but its a good thing they dont know who or how russel has played the game in season 19.

I bet its a fun ride for season 20.

Fruit Ninja
02-12-2010, 12:17 PM
Great first episode. Dislocated relocated shoulder. Broken Toe. Chick going topless. Not much more you can ask for . haha

Stewie
02-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Great first episode. Dislocated relocated shoulder. Broken Toe. Chick going topless. Not much more you can ask for . haha

I happened to catch this by accident last night. I swore off Survivor when Rupert didn't win his first time out. He flat out kicked ass that year. Since he's back I'm watching and the first episode was very good. That goober in the hat is annoying as hell with all his early BS conniving. Yes, there was boobage last night, albeit blurred out.

Fruit Ninja
02-13-2010, 12:58 PM
I happened to catch this by accident last night. I swore off Survivor when Rupert didn't win his first time out. He flat out kicked ass that year. Since he's back I'm watching and the first episode was very good. That goober in the hat is annoying as hell with all his early BS conniving. Yes, there was boobage last night, albeit blurred out.

you talking about Boston Rob or Russel? they both have hats. I will say Russel is imo, the best player to ever play the game. Watch Season 19 and he was responsible for just about EVERY single person that was voted off. I have never seen anyone control the game mentally the way he did. He wasnt great in the physical challenges, but he wasnt horrible either. Some he gave up on because he was that damned confident in what he was doing.

http://www.fohguild.org/forums/attachments/millies-tv-house/132207d1266076469-survivor-heroes-v-villains-vlcsnap-2010-02-13-10h49m36s53.png

Royal Fanatic
02-13-2010, 01:34 PM
I honestly don't get why everybody loves Rupert. Yes, he's a unique character, but he is one of the biggest fuckups they've ever had on Survivor.

His first time out (in the game where you say he "kicked ass") he was a raving maniac who insisted that they build the shelter in a low area on the beach. He wouldn't listen to everybody who said "No, don't build it there. It will flood". He insisted and intimidated the others until he got what he wanted. Then, guess what: the first time it rained the shelter flooded. Big surprise. But Rupert looked sad, the Rupert fans forgave him for being a dick, and they voted him a million dollars even though his teammates had the good sense to vote his ass out.

On the current Survivor his team won the flint to make fire, and this incompetent idiot almost destroyed it. Colby came along to save the day and start the fire. How ironic would it have been for the Heroes to "win" fire and be unable to start it, while the Villains who didn't win "fire" were able to start their own fire without the flint?

And then Rupert was totally helpless in the immunity challenge. Even though the Heroes had a HUGE lead going into the part of the challenge where they had to solve the puzzle, Ruppert just stood there staring at the puzzle pieces. He helped blow the big lead his team had, and his team lost the challenge.

Why the fuck does Rupert get so much love? He should have been the first one voted out. Instead, they voted out the chick who had so much game that even when her top was pulled off in the reward challenge, she hung in there and won. They should have kept her in until the very end.

Fruit Ninja
02-13-2010, 01:42 PM
Because he's a big ole oaf, that basically embraces life and kids. Check out what he has done for kids in his hometown. its quite a cool thing for this big ass hippy pirate looking white guy to be helping inner city black thugs..

Rupert does fuck up alot, but its because he tries to hard and wants to be a provider all the time. he just needs to stick with fishing. haha

btlook1
02-13-2010, 02:57 PM
This looks like it will be a good season. Stephanie is one of my all time favorites tough as nails and hot to!

Deberg_1990
02-13-2010, 04:17 PM
Funniest part about this weeks episode was Colby blowing off Sugar's affection in the tent.

Fruit Ninja
02-13-2010, 07:21 PM
Funniest part about this weeks episode was Colby blowing off Sugar's affection in the tent.

lol, Ya, i was like wtf. I mean, i wouldnt have complained about it to the camera's, makes him look kinda gayish. Then him getting owned by coach? seriously? Tyson said it best, just hand over your man card. haha

MagicHef
02-17-2010, 10:12 AM
And then Rupert was totally helpless in the immunity challenge. Even though the Heroes had a HUGE lead going into the part of the challenge where they had to solve the puzzle, Ruppert just stood there staring at the puzzle pieces. He helped blow the big lead his team had, and his team lost the challenge.

Why the **** does Rupert get so much love? He should have been the first one voted out. Instead, they voted out the chick who had so much game that even when her top was pulled off in the reward challenge, she hung in there and won. They should have kept her in until the very end.

I'm pretty sure that in the immunity challenge, Cirie and Amanda were supposed to do the puzzle by themselves while Rupert and Sugar studied the ladder so they would be able to do that part quicker once the puzzle was done. You could see both of them staring intently in that direction, and they didn't start helping with the puzzle until it was painfully obvious that Cirie and Amanda had no idea what they were doing. I think Cirie should have been voted out. She messed up the challenge, and she's the type of person that will screw over her own tribe if she thinks it will get her further. She wanted to vote out Stephanie, who is the strongest girl out there, because she thought she might be hard to beat late in the game.

kepp
02-17-2010, 11:36 AM
I will say Russel is imo, the best player to ever play the game. Watch Season 19 and he was responsible for just about EVERY single person that was voted off. I have never seen anyone control the game mentally the way he did. He wasnt great in the physical challenges, but he wasnt horrible either. Some he gave up on because he was that damned confident in what he was doing.

Absolutely agree. It was a travesty that he didn't win. That's the big flaw in the show, IMO. The "jury" at the end votes mostly on personal preference, not on who played the best game.

Fruit Ninja
02-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Absolutely agree. It was a travesty that he didn't win. That's the big flaw in the show, IMO. The "jury" at the end votes mostly on personal preference, not on who played the best game.

When you have an immunity idol and you wear it to tribal council. Mind you a Immunity Idol only 1 person really knew about, your pretty confident. Lets not also forget the same immunity idol you dont even play when its the last possible day to play it. Thats confident. Remember what he said. Jeff, i am keeping it as a souvenir. lol Say what you want, but thats dominating the game.

Katipan
02-17-2010, 03:41 PM
You can't shit on people and then have the world watch and then think people are going to reward that.

You live by the sword you die by it.

**** Russell. Nice job finding the immunity idols.
**** the blonde chick. Nice job perpetuating the cycle that all women have to do is be pretty and dumb.

Deberg_1990
02-17-2010, 05:30 PM
You can't shit on people and then have the world watch and then think people are going to reward that.

Richard Hatch and probably a few others won the same way. Its a game. Russel just had the misfortune of being in a group of bitter losers.

Katipan
02-17-2010, 07:09 PM
Richard Hatch and probably a few others won the same way. Its a game. Russel just had the misfortune of being in a group of bitter losers.

who had nothing to do him losing. unless by bitter losers you meant the millions who voted.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buck
02-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Wait, did you say watch Survivor Season 19?

How the fuck is that possible? This show started in like what, 2002?

Deberg_1990
02-17-2010, 07:19 PM
Wait, did you say watch Survivor Season 19?

How the **** is that possible? This show started in like what, 2002?

They do two seasons a year. Show started in Summer of 2000.

Deberg_1990
02-17-2010, 07:21 PM
who had nothing to do him losing. unless by bitter losers you meant the millions who voted.
Posted via Mobile Device

Millions who voted?? Survivor winners get voted on by fellow players/competitors.

Buck
02-17-2010, 07:23 PM
They do two seasons a year. Show started in Summer of 2000.

Fuck.

I think I watched Season 1 and 2. What day is this show on?

Deberg_1990
02-17-2010, 07:25 PM

I think I watched Season 1 and 2. What day is this show on?

Thursday Nights at 7PM Central.

Buck
02-17-2010, 07:27 PM
Ok, I'll tune. I actually watched the first 3 seasons, then I went through a phase where I didn't watch TV. That lasted about 4 years or so, so I got out of it.

I just never got back into it.

Katipan
02-17-2010, 07:28 PM
Millions who voted?? Survivor winners get voted on by fellow players/competitors.

oh. clearly im a huge fan.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fruit Ninja
02-18-2010, 07:10 PM
Ok, I'll tune. I actually watched the first 3 seasons, then I went through a phase where I didn't watch TV. That lasted about 4 years or so, so I got out of it.

I just never got back into it.i was the same way. I didnt watch anything really from about 1998 until about 2006 i believe.

Well, its on tonight. Should be on for you folks already. I still have a few hours.

Deberg_1990
02-18-2010, 09:45 PM
They should have all teamed up and voted James off tonight. What a D-bag

Fruit Ninja
02-18-2010, 11:23 PM

Fuck that, he was right. They all have huge ego's and wouldnt listen to the person they appointed. James got out of hand a bit, he's done it before in his first season.

One thing i will say is that if you ever seen her other shows's she's kryptonite to her tribe. Every every tribe she has been on has lost and lost badly.

James has no shot to win it, but he's good tv. lol

Deberg_1990
02-19-2010, 10:42 AM
heh....Funny seeing Boston Rob have an emotional breakdown..... Then he comes back in a big way and leads his team to victory.

kepp
02-19-2010, 04:01 PM
oh. clearly im a huge fan.
Posted via Mobile Device

ROFL Also, he was voted favorite player of the season by viewers.

KingPriest2
02-19-2010, 06:25 PM

Why? He was right

KingPriest2
02-19-2010, 06:26 PM
heh....Funny seeing Boston Rob have an emotional breakdown..... Then he comes back in a big way and leads his team to victory.

Emotional breakdown? He had the flu and was exhaysted

Royal Fanatic
02-19-2010, 07:14 PM
Why? He was right

No, he was a douchebag. He was right when he said that everybody should have shut up and listened to "one voice" during the immunity challenge, but he became a douche when he decided to be a big tough guy at tribal council. He relentlessly attacked Stephenie and just wouldn't shut the fuck up about her. He even started criticizing how she played the game in previous seasons, right before he told HER to stop talking because "it's not about her". It got so bad that two of his teammates basically DID tell him to shut the fuck up. I was wishing one of them would walk over and bitch-slap him.

This is the gal that James despised so much. Clearly he is not a heterosexual.

http://ewpopwatch.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/stephanie-lagrossa_320.jpg?w=300&h=225

Fruit Ninja
02-19-2010, 09:18 PM
I am pretty sure with how popular James has been on survivor and him being ripped he has no issues getting hot chicks.

He lost it a little bit, but so the fuck what. Its a game and people do way worse shit then that. Its his 3rd time on there, i am sure being there can fuck with your mind a bit ask Boston Rob, while he had the flu and he had some dehydration then his tribe slacking on him, it got to him mentally as well.

Stephanie like i said is a cancer to Survivor when there are still 2 tribes left. She has been i think to almost every single tribal council since she's been on the show. She is Kyrptonite. James just went a bit overboard. haha James will last past the Merger then they will cut his head off like they did in China, but he got hurt in his 2nd stint.

James, Amanda and Cirie will make the merger imo. Cirie may talk about how Amanda backstabbed her, but Cirie is one of the best social/mental players the game has had. She's awesome.

chiefsfan987
02-21-2010, 07:20 PM
I'm not a big fan of bringing back past players... we've already seen them so that makes this version boring as **** for me.

MagicHef
02-22-2010, 01:50 PM
In case anyone wants to watch them, here are links to full episodes of the first 15 seasons of Survivor:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080410170510AAn8vHh

Fruit Ninja
02-25-2010, 09:47 PM
great damned episode. Russel hiding the machete and hinting towards burning Boston Rob's hat is hilarious. I hope he pulls it off.

KcMizzou
02-25-2010, 10:19 PM
great damned episode. Russel hiding the machete and hinting towards burning Boston Rob's hat is hilarious. I hope he pulls it off.I was sure they were gonna send Parvati home. I was happy with the result. Lets not kick off all the eye candy too quickly.

And when did James become such a dick?

(This is the first season I've watched in a while.)

Fruit Ninja
02-25-2010, 10:24 PM
I was sure they were gonna send Parvati home. I was happy with the result. Lets not kick off all the eye candy too quickly.

And when did James become such a dick?

(This is the first season I've watched in a while.)
lol, He's always been a dick. Watch the China one and he was. He's nice most of the time, but you can get him pissed off easy. He's just good tv, but nnot and never will be a threat to win.

MagicHef
03-06-2010, 02:12 PM
Courtney is disgusting, I had trouble even looking at her. What do you think she weighs, 50 or 60 pounds?

Deberg_1990
03-06-2010, 02:28 PM
Looks like Russel is gonna be flushed out early this time..

He just couldnt resist going after that immunity idol.......they never did show if he found it or not?

My guess is, the rest of the villains never had a chance to watch his season, because it hadnt aired before they went out with this cast.....

Fruit Ninja
03-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Looks like Russel is gonna be flushed out early this time..

He just couldnt resist going after that immunity idol.......they never did show if he found it or not?

My guess is, the rest of the villains never had a chance to watch his season, because it hadnt aired before they went out with this cast.....

Russel is not going to get flushed out early. If he has the idol, he will know that he will be voted out use it, and find the idol again. Boston Rob is underestimating the power of the Idol. Remember he said. last time i played we didnt have idols. Even Probst on his blog said Russel was the only smart one for looking for it. They are villains, they should be looking for it. Parvati will help him. Parvati is smart at survivor. Remember she said, Russel is the devil in this game and she wants to be on his side.

Fruit Ninja
03-12-2010, 11:15 AM
Told you all, dont sleep on Russel Hantz. Dude know how to play the game of Survivor. He's the best strategist that Survivor has ever seen and you will all see why in the upcoming weeks.

thecoffeeguy
03-12-2010, 03:53 PM
I laughed again when the heroes, winning the immunity challenge, lost AGAIN at the puzzle! ROFL

How many times is that where they are leading in the challenge, only to fubar the puzzle?

Deberg_1990
03-24-2010, 09:01 PM
Boston Rob Vs. Russel! Epic showdown

Sweet move by Russel tonight. I want Rob to go down!!

luv
03-24-2010, 09:17 PM
Boston Rob Vs. Russel! Epic showdown

Sweet move by Russel tonight. I want Rob to go down!!

Russell is truly a master. Rob is a punk who's met his match.

Fruit Ninja
03-25-2010, 12:26 AM
Russel is my favorite survivor ever. He's just born to play the game. He's so sneaky and a mastermind at out thinking everyone else. i expect it to happen a few more times this season.

Brainiac
03-25-2010, 05:45 AM
Russell and Boston Rob are both geniuses at this game. Russell made a complete idiot out of Tyson this week, and he had some pretty big balls to give his idol to Parvati and wind up saving them both.

The "villains" make the "heroes" look so lame it's not even funny. How the fuck was a douchebag like James put on the heroes side anyway?

Dartgod
03-25-2010, 06:12 AM
Russell made a complete idiot out of Tyson this week....
To be fair, Tyson was already and idiot.

Sfeihc
03-25-2010, 08:21 AM
To be fair, Tyson was already and idiot.

Quite true.

Dartgod
03-25-2010, 08:24 AM
I still can't believe that moron changed his vote. I'm glad he did though. I love seeing Russell outsmart and manipulate these fools.

kepp
03-25-2010, 08:59 AM
Russell is the best player ever. He should have won last season, hands down.

MagicHef
03-25-2010, 12:25 PM
Here is Tyson's reasoning:

"On my way to Tribal, I got to thinking that if Parvati and Danielle are selfish, like they should be, and smart, like they should be if they're here on Survivor, they will both vote Russell, and send him home, saving themselves. I thought if I want to look really smart, I'm gonna switch my vote from Russell to Parvati, that way regardless if Danielle and Parvati vote Russell, I vote Parvati and she still goes home. But in the end, who would have thought that Russell stands up out of nowhere, gives the idol away when he knows he's on the chopping block, and it's the exact same instant when I decided to switch my vote from making it a three-way tie to putting everything on Parvati and thus sending myself home."

Katipan
03-25-2010, 12:30 PM
Thats such stupid thinking. Without his little sex toy Russell was gone next week anyways. Giving her the idol was his only shot. The brightest thing Russell did was his little speech about loyalty for the Dragon Slayers benefit.

Freak lapped it up like a puppy dog.

I can safely say I couldn't possibly care less who wins. And would put money on the fact that regardless of how Russell plays hes not winning this one either.

Fruit Ninja
03-25-2010, 01:13 PM
Thats such stupid thinking. Without his little sex toy Russell was gone next week anyways. Giving her the idol was his only shot. The brightest thing Russell did was his little speech about loyalty for the Dragon Slayers benefit.

Freak lapped it up like a puppy dog.

I can safely say I couldn't possibly care less who wins. And would put money on the fact that regardless of how Russell plays hes not winning this one either.

you have to figure them guys are out there starving, tired, a little delussional. People putting thoughts into your mind. You have so much time that you overthink everything. That show is mentally taxing big time.

Katipan
03-25-2010, 01:20 PM
you have to figure them guys are out there starving, tired, a little delussional. People putting thoughts into your mind. You have so much time that you overthink everything. That show is mentally taxing big time.

I guess. But damn they've done it before. Some of them more than once.

I'll be the first to admit I couldn't do it. But it would be fun to try.

Deberg_1990
04-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Damn.....

Whatever you think of him........

Russell is probably the greatest player of this game ever.

Fruit Ninja
04-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Russel is doing exactly what i expected him to do. He has not taken over the game. He's just meant to play the game. 6-3 and he's on the 3 side. He makes it 5-3, does the coach speak to get him on his side, but Russel doesnt want to make it 4-4, he goes and gets someone else to make it in his favor and he does it. He's just amazing. haha

Best part is telling the Rob that the 2 chicks directly in front of them that they have to go, which one do you want to go. haha. I was so shocked Sandra didnt say anything. She's usually a loud mouth bitch.

Deberg_1990
04-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Best part is telling the Rob that the 2 chicks directly in front of them that they have to go, which one do you want to go. haha. I was so shocked Sandra didnt say anything. She's usually a loud mouth bitch.

As far as im concered, Rob made a huge mistake. He should have reversed paths and aligned with Russel.

Those two could have completely DOMINATED this game.

Fruit Ninja
04-01-2010, 11:56 PM
As far as im concered, Rob made a huge mistake. He should have reversed paths and aligned with Russel.

Those two could have completely DOMINATED this game.

could have, but 2 alpha males dont work. NEVER has. They figure it like this. Rob and Russel both think, why have 2 alpha males when i can be the king all by myself.

Fruit Ninja
04-02-2010, 03:29 AM
<object width='400' height='300'><param name='movie' value='http://www.cbs.com/e/VDiSShOrLcZz6f0PjOPzMP9i_Ux4hYR8/cbs/1/'></param><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true'></param><param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always'></param><embed width='400' height='300' src='http://www.cbs.com/e/VDiSShOrLcZz6f0PjOPzMP9i_Ux4hYR8/cbs/1/' allowfullscreen='true' allowScriptAccess='always' type='application/x-shockwave-flash'></embed></object>
lol Russel cracks me up

KcMizzou
04-02-2010, 10:13 PM
Just watched the last episode.

Holy shit, Russel's an evil genius. And like he said early on, all the others have had the benefit of seeing how he works before.

Doesn't seem to matter.

This might be the most entertaining season yet.

KcMizzou
04-02-2010, 10:21 PM
People bitch about "Reality Shows", and I generally agree. But damn, I have to admit, I'm a sucker for this one.

luv
04-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Just watched the last episode.

Holy shit, Russel's an evil genius. And like he said early on, all the others have had the benefit of seeing how he works before.

Doesn't seem to matter.

This might be the most entertaining season yet.

He should have won last season. He got too cocky and pissed off too many of the jury members.

KcMizzou
04-02-2010, 10:29 PM
He should have won last season. He got too cocky and pissed off too many of the jury members.He's probably gonna do the same this season. He's playing the game too well. He's so good it's annoying, (Yankees, Jayhawks, etc.)

The viewers appreciate it, but I doubt his victims will...lol

luv
04-02-2010, 10:33 PM
He's probably gonna do the same this season. He's playing the game too well. He's so good it's annoying, (Yankees, Jayhawks, etc.)

The viewers appreciate it, but I doubt his victims will...lol

Dealing with others is part of the game, IMO. What good is getting to the finals when no one will vote for you? I'd react the same way if I was on it. "You know you're the best? Won't be able to prove it by winning."

KcMizzou
04-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Dealing with others is part of the game, IMO. What good is getting to the finals when no one will vote for you? I'd react the same way if I was on it. "You know you're the best? Won't be able to prove it by winning."If I were him, I'd play that card. Just straight up tell them, "We all knew this was a game coming in. Judge me on how well I played the game."

KcMizzou
04-02-2010, 10:50 PM
Dealing with others is part of the game, IMO. What good is getting to the finals when no one will vote for you? I'd react the same way if I was on it. "You know you're the best? Won't be able to prove it by winning."The crazy thing is, he really hasn't betrayed anyone. He's been pretty honest so far, if you think about it.

He doesn't betray people, he tells them up front that he wants them out, and then gets their allies to betray them.

Rob was a really good player... IMO, and Russel just clowned him.

luv
04-03-2010, 06:43 AM
The crazy thing is, he really hasn't betrayed anyone. He's been pretty honest so far, if you think about it.

He doesn't betray people, he tells them up front that he wants them out, and then gets their allies to betray them.

Rob was a really good player... IMO, and Russel just clowned him.

Yeah. I think that's been the main difference with him this season as opposed to last. He's playing the game, but he's not as deceiving as he was. I do hope he wins, as he is definitely a master of the game.

Deberg_1990
04-03-2010, 12:39 PM
He should have won last season. He got too cocky and pissed off too many of the jury members.

Take it for what its worth, but i read on another site:

Russel is in the final 2 again

MagicHef
04-16-2010, 11:55 AM
Can you imagine what JT was thinking as he sat at home and watched this episode? Ouch.

KcMizzou
04-16-2010, 09:43 PM
Can you imagine what JT was thinking as he sat at home and watched this episode? Ouch.No shit, lol.

Russel played him like a fiddle, and he wasn't even on the same team. Colby too, he totally bought in.

(Just watched the last episode.)

Buck
04-17-2010, 01:21 AM
I watche the last episode and damn, Russel must be really good because the heroes were slobbing his knob.

Deberg_1990
04-17-2010, 08:00 AM
Russel is the undisputed master at this game. Even if he doesnt win.

Fairplay
04-17-2010, 08:03 AM
Taking a peek at the spoiler, i think he will win. I think he is playing the game the best. Right now he deserves it.

I can't believe they gave the most dangerous player the idol, stupidity at its finest. Maybe the worst move in Survivor history.

Dartgod
04-22-2010, 09:46 PM
J.T. got clowned. ROFL

Buck
04-22-2010, 09:56 PM
Wow!!!!

That was insane. Villains just took over.

Chiefnj2
04-22-2010, 10:08 PM
Amazing move by Pavarti.

Fruit Ninja
04-23-2010, 12:11 AM
Parvati said, i dont ride coattails. She was right. She's a all time great at this game. She's good.

Buck
04-23-2010, 12:33 AM
Parvati said, i dont ride coattails. She was right. She's a all time great at this game. She's good.

Yeah but I bet Russel is pissed at her. He might just have to stick with her.

Fruit Ninja
04-23-2010, 02:02 AM
Yeah but I bet Russel is pissed at her. He might just have to stick with her.

ooh, i am sur4e he's hell of pissed because he thought he was running the show and since she got that idol, she wasnt. she had more plays then he did. Thats how this game of survivor is, its just one huge mindfuck.

Buck
04-23-2010, 02:06 AM
ooh, i am sur4e he's hell of pissed because he thought he was running the show and since she got that idol, she wasnt. she had more plays then he did. Thats how this game of survivor is, its just one huge mindfuck.

Yeah, has every season been like this? I may torrent some old seasons. At least whatever the first season Russel was in.

I stopped watching after season 3, but this is pretty good TV, I have to admit.

Fruit Ninja
04-23-2010, 03:03 AM
Yeah, has every season been like this? I may torrent some old seasons. At least whatever the first season Russel was in.

I stopped watching after season 3, but this is pretty good TV, I have to admit.

All Stars is good the one with Boston Rob. Fans Vs Favorite is good. Micronesia was pretty good due to Yau Man. Pearl Islands was good, Ozzy kicks ass. The one in Panama i think it was, was just fucking brutal. The first day was to much to ask from people that arent trained for that kind of shit. I was amazed at what they made them go through on that first day. Russel totally dominated season 19. There are other good ones out there. I will go look and give you the list by seasons later, about to head to bed in a little bit.

Buck
04-23-2010, 03:10 AM
All Stars is good the one with Boston Rob. Fans Vs Favorite is good. Micronesia was pretty good due to Yau Man. Pearl Islands was good, Ozzy kicks ass. The one in Panama i think it was, was just fucking brutal. The first day was to much to ask from people that arent trained for that kind of shit. I was amazed at what they made them go through on that first day. Russel totally dominated season 19. There are other good ones out there. I will go look and give you the list by seasons later, about to head to bed in a little bit.

Nice, thanks man.

MagicHef
04-23-2010, 09:54 AM
Is it just me, or is Amanda just about the worst liar ever? She may as well have told Parvati "We want you to think we're voting for you, but we're really voting for someone else."

MagicHef
04-23-2010, 10:22 AM
All Stars is good the one with Boston Rob. Fans Vs Favorite is good. Micronesia was pretty good due to Yau Man. Pearl Islands was good, Ozzy kicks ass. The one in Panama i think it was, was just ****ing brutal. The first day was to much to ask from people that arent trained for that kind of shit. I was amazed at what they made them go through on that first day. Russel totally dominated season 19. There are other good ones out there. I will go look and give you the list by seasons later, about to head to bed in a little bit.

I think you're mixing up the seasons a little bit. Micronesia and Fans vs Favorites are the same season. Yau Man was on Fiji. Pearl Islands is a great season, but Ozzy isn't in it. He's on Cook Islands and Micronesia. Personally, I didn't like All-Stars very much. One of the more "unpopular" seasons that I like a lot is Vanuatu.

If you want crazy Tribal Councils with all sorts of nonsense going on, none of the earlier seasons match this current one. The only one that comes close is Samoa (last season, which was Russel's first). That season was a bit annoying though, as about 70% of the airtime was devoted to Russel, and there was literally someone in the final 4 whose name I didn't know, because they had been given no airtime.

Dartgod
04-23-2010, 11:36 AM
Is it just me, or is Amanda just about the worst liar ever? She may as well have told Parvati "We want you to think we're voting for you, but we're really voting for someone else."
Yeah. She blew it for J.T. and the alliance. Horrible liar. I'd like to get her in a poker game.

Chiefnj2
04-23-2010, 12:45 PM
Yeah. She blew it for J.T. and the alliance. Horrible liar. I'd like to get her in a poker game.

After lying to the lead dog, she'll probably be the next to go.

KcMizzou
04-23-2010, 11:26 PM
J.T. got clowned. ROFLYes he did.

Seems like a great guy, but very gullible.

That was a great episode.

Fruit Ninja
04-24-2010, 01:15 AM
<object width="400" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.cbs.com/e/7DTSd7VWTbTyp5OnL1a7c6ke_i1V8GtB/cbs/1/" /></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed width="400" height="300" src="http://www.cbs.com/e/7DTSd7VWTbTyp5OnL1a7c6ke_i1V8GtB/cbs/1/" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object>

now we know why the dude makes the moves he does.

Deberg_1990
05-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Damn.....Russel is such a sleaze bag.....

But damn good move tonight IMO.

He stands a better chance final two with Colby/Rupert than he did with Parvarti/Dannelle

Nobody is gonna beat Parvarti in challenges. Parvarti/Dannelle would have dumped him in the final 3.

Unfortunately, if Russel does make it to final two, nobody on the jury is gonna vote for him.

Chiefnj2
05-07-2010, 07:43 AM
This is the first time I'm watching the show in about 7 years. I'm enjoying it immensely.

I loved the fact that Candace was voted out yesterday. I hate traitorous weasels.

I'm still shocked people haven't turned on Russell yet. He's made a pact with every single person to bring them into the final three. Don't the others realize it?

thecoffeeguy
05-07-2010, 07:51 AM
This is the first time I'm watching the show in about 7 years. I'm enjoying it immensely.

I loved the fact that Candace was voted out yesterday. I hate traitorous weasels.

I'm still shocked people haven't turned on Russell yet. He's made a pact with every single person to bring them into the final three. Don't the others realize it?

Very good season. Very entertaining. Makes me want to go back and watch a few other seasons with Russel and Parvati.

Good show last night.
Nice to see Candace get what she deserves.
Russel, what a douche, but he can play the game.

MagicHef
05-07-2010, 09:49 AM
Very good season. Very entertaining. Makes me want to go back and watch a few other seasons with Russel and Parvati.

Good show last night.
Nice to see Candace get what she deserves.
Russel, what a douche, but he can play the game.

He can play the game to get to the finals, but can he win? In other words, try to name a jury member that doesn't have a reason to be mad at him.

thecoffeeguy
05-07-2010, 09:51 AM
He can play the game to get to the finals, but can he win? In other words, try to name a jury member that doesn't have a reason to be mad at him.

Oh I agree completely. I dont think he will win because of how he plays the game.

However, he does say "Outwit" in the slogan, and he is doing that. If juror members take that into consideration, I think things would change.

However, where I think he desperately fails is where he tries to bully people around.

For some reason, people are afraid of him.

For those who are watching, and the remaining people playing, who do you think should win? Who deserves to win?

KCUnited
05-07-2010, 09:53 AM
Come on in guys!

Same thing will happen to Russell if he makes it to the end this time, he should win but won't.

MagicHef
05-07-2010, 09:59 AM
Oh I agree completely. I dont think he will win because of how he plays the game.

However, he does say "Outwit" in the slogan, and he is doing that. If juror members take that into consideration, I think things would change.

However, where I think he desperately fails is where he tries to bully people around.

For some reason, people are afraid of him.

For those who are watching, and the remaining people playing, who do you think should win? Who deserves to win?

Sandra. Her strategy has been excellent throughout the game, I think. Rupert has been playing very well the last few episodes, but I think he's in a very bad position. As far as how Russell has been playing, I don't think anyone can play the game strategically as well as he can, but this game is a social game above all else, and he is absolutely terrible at that.

buddha
05-07-2010, 10:05 AM
I've learned not to underestimate Parvati. She is a very strong player, and knows when to sit back and when to strike.

MagicHef
05-07-2010, 10:11 AM
I've learned not to underestimate Parvati. She is a very strong player, and knows when to sit back and when to strike.

True, but she dared to cross Russell. He may be content having voted off Parvati's best bud, but she would be smart to at least allow him to think he is in control from this point on.

buddha
05-07-2010, 10:16 AM
I think it's too late for that now. It's shaping up as the guys vs. the gals from here on out.

Deberg_1990
05-07-2010, 10:18 AM
I still think Parvarti is going to win.
Mainly because she can beat anyone left in immunity challanges.

They would be wise to try and vote her out next week...
It all depends on swing votes Sandra and Jerri.

MagicHef
05-07-2010, 10:19 AM
I think it's too late for that now. It's shaping up as the guys vs. the gals from here on out.

We shall see. I think Russell will make Rupert and Colby believe this, but will actually stay with his girls.

Chiefnj2
05-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Right now Russell is still controlling the game.

He broke up Parv and Danielle, so there is a good chance Parv has to stick with him or she has no alliance. Jeri sold her soul to him. Colby and Rupert, for as much as they think they are heroes and are playing at some high moral standard, jumped for joy to join the devil when he told them to vote for Danielle. Sandra has always been the loner without an alliance, so she can't risk turning on him. Sandra already tried to get the heroes to vote off Russell and they didn't listen.

Despite the coming attractions, I think Russell goes back to the villains and they unite to get rid of Colby or Rupert. It's too risky for Russell to jump ship to join Colby and Rupert when Rupert has made it known he hates Russell.

Once it gets down to four, I think they'll try their hardest to keep Russell since they all know everyone hates him.

MagicHef
05-07-2010, 10:34 AM
I still think Parvarti is going to win.
Mainly because she can beat anyone left in immunity challanges.

They would be wise to try and vote her out next week...
It all depends on swing votes Sandra and Jerri.

Personally, I think I've seen this show before, back when it was called Pearl Islands. Everyone forgets about Sandra until she suddenly wins a million dollars.

After her, though, I think the most likely to win would be Parvati, then Jerri.

teedubya
05-08-2010, 11:04 PM
People bitch about "Reality Shows", and I generally agree. But damn, I have to admit, I'm a sucker for this one.

I'm with you. My wife loves it and I catch an episode here and there. My wife seems to think that watching tv together is "quality time". lol

Fruit Ninja
05-08-2010, 11:13 PM
I'm with you. My wife loves it and I catch an episode here and there. My wife seems to think that watching tv together is "quality time". lol

There is a few ok reality shows. Suvivor is my favorite, i just love the mindfucks this game has. Its so tough to do. The writers of the show may kinda of script how things go as far as challenges and what not, but the emotions are real, the backstabbing is real. Its like a free pass to be a dick because its a game. People know that when you join, that this happens and while at th etime you take it seriously, afterwords when your back to regular living, you know its a game and folks are there for the million.

Deberg_1990
05-14-2010, 06:25 AM
1. The villians should have voted Sandra out weeks ago before the merge when they had the chance.

2. Why doesnt everyone team up against Russel to vote him out if they are so scared of him?? Maybe they think if they make it to the final 2 with him, nobody is going to vote for him?

3. Nobody left is going to beat Parvarti in challenges.

YayMike
05-14-2010, 07:04 AM
It will be interesting to see what happens next. the only person that COULD keep up with Parvatti in challenges is Russel. That being said, I think the final 4 are villans unless somehow Kolby wins the immunity challenge. As much as i would love to see Russell win it (just because he may be the best strategic person to ever play the game) no one will vote for him if he gets to the final 3.

Chiefnj2
05-14-2010, 07:33 AM
The only two who have a chance at winning the million are Sandra and Parvati.

Rupert- you get in bed with the devil and you get fucked.
Colby - might be the biggest wimp in survivor history. Courtney would beat him in a fight right now.
Russell - has completely alienated himself. Noone will vote for him if he makes it to the finals. Although I do owe him a debt of gratitude for getting rid of Boston Rob somewhat early in the game. IMO, Rob is one of the most annoying people in gameshow history.
Jeri - Has flipped loyalty too many times for people to really trust her.
Sandra - was lucky the tribe got rid of Courtney weeks ago when it could have been her. She's played a good game since the merge.
Parvati - Annoyed me at first with the "cling to Russell" strategy. Amazingly strong in challenges, and has come into her own in term so outwitting, etc. Right now, I'd vote for her to win the million.

Deberg_1990
05-14-2010, 07:46 AM
Colby - might be the biggest wimp in survivor history.

this..hes basically done nothing the whole game and looks worn out.

DaKCMan AP
05-16-2010, 07:53 PM
The jury is made up of a bunch of butthurt morons. Pathetic.

Guru
05-16-2010, 07:56 PM
Aren't they always?

DaKCMan AP
05-16-2010, 07:59 PM
Aren't they always?

You'd think those who have played the game 2 or 3 times would respect great game play, but they're bitter losers just the same.

DaKCMan AP
05-16-2010, 08:04 PM
Russell looks pissed, and he should be pissed.

DaKCMan AP
05-16-2010, 08:06 PM
Does Survivor parallel America? Reward the weak, lazy, do-nothing individual. Sandra wins.

Guru
05-16-2010, 08:07 PM
Does Survivor parallel America? Reward the weak, lazy, do-nothing individual. Sandra wins.

ROFL

DaKCMan AP
05-16-2010, 08:12 PM
Russell speaking the truth: "Let's reward her for her failures."

Buck
05-17-2010, 02:04 AM
Gosh Darn.

I wanted Russell to win so badly.

Can't wait til he comes back and see if he changes his strategy at all to help him win.

Chiefnj2
05-17-2010, 05:46 AM
Great strategy by Russel - "Sandra, you'll get one vote at most, so I'm bringing you to the finals."

KCUnited
05-17-2010, 07:10 AM
I think the people that voted for Parvati genuinely thought she deserved to win. The votes for Sandra weren't votes for Sandra, with the exception of Courtney, they were votes against Russell.

Deberg_1990
05-17-2010, 07:19 AM
Just Wrong......

Parvarti or Russel should have won.

Whats with Survivor changing the game to a final 3 instead of a final 2? Wonder if the outcome would have been different?

Chiefnj2
05-17-2010, 07:20 AM
I think the people that voted for Parvati genuinely thought she deserved to win. The votes for Sandra weren't votes for Sandra, with the exception of Courtney, they were votes against Russell.

Everyone despised Russell. The heroes, for the most part, just thought of Parvati as Russell's bitch. I just happen to think they are all a bit hypocritical because when it came down to it, they sided with Russell when they thought it was advantageous.

Brainiac
05-17-2010, 07:30 AM
Gosh Darn.

I wanted Russell to win so badly.

Can't wait til he comes back and see if he changes his strategy at all to help him win.
If he doesn't change, he's an idiot. It's pretty clear that his strategy is not a winning strategy when he gets ZERO votes from the jury.

But, I don't thing he CAN change. It's who he is.

Brainiac
05-17-2010, 07:36 AM
Everyone despised Russell. The heroes, for the most part, just thought of Parvati as Russell's bitch. I just happen to think they are all a bit hypocritical because when it came down to it, they sided with Russell when they thought it was advantageous.
When it became obvious that Russell had NO chance, I was rooting like hell for Parvati.

It seems that the winning strategy is to do nothing, don't piss people off, and hope you get lucky enough for someone to take you to the finals so that you can win.

Colby hit the nail on the head when he told Russell that he was delusional if he didn't think luck was a major part of the game.

Chiefnj2
05-17-2010, 07:44 AM
When it became obvious that Russell had NO chance, I was rooting like hell for Parvati.

It seems that the winning strategy is to do nothing, don't piss people off, and hope you get lucky enough for someone to take you to the finals so that you can win.

Colby hit the nail on the head when he told Russell that he was delusional if he didn't think luck was a major part of the game.

If the audience was allowed to vote, I would have voted for Parvati myself.

I think the heroes on the island voted for her because: (a) they hate Russell, (b) thought Parvati was just an extension of Russell, and (c) realize that Sandra came to them repeatedly to help them and they stupidly turned a blind eye and got picked off. I think the heroes felt some level of gratitude toward her. She did play a good social game, and she did save herself a few times by planting seeds of doubt in Russell's head about other male members who were potentially a threat to her. She was scheduled to be voted out until she "leaked" info to Russell that Coach wanted him gone.

mikeyis4dcats.
05-17-2010, 07:52 AM
Parvati should have won. Sandra has always been a snatch.

thecoffeeguy
05-17-2010, 08:04 AM
Pretty lame last episode really.

And why the short speeches now from the jury to the remaining survivors? I want to see a jury member go off, a la the gal from the first season. Those are highly entertaining. :D

As far as strategic moves, I definitely think Russel did more impressive moves. His bullying is what forced him to lose.

Anyway, didnt watch all of it last night. They show scenes for the next survivor?

OmahaChief
05-17-2010, 08:11 AM

It looks like it is becoming that way. Hey sit right here and do nothing and collect a check. Meanwhile a guy that is out trying to help himself by finding idols and working alliances gets the shaft becuase he is crass. Pisses me off. I have seen every episode of Survivor since it came on and I am about done with it.

MagicHef
05-17-2010, 08:40 AM
It looks like it is becoming that way. Hey sit right here and do nothing and collect a check. Meanwhile a guy that is out trying to help himself by finding idols and working alliances gets the shaft becuase he is crass. Pisses me off. I have seen every episode of Survivor since it came on and I am about done with it.

I am always amazed that people don't understand that Survivor is a social game. If you get to the finals and the jury is full of people that hate you, it is your fault and you don't deserve to win.

MagicHef
05-17-2010, 08:51 AM

I disagree. Sandra went to the Heros and told them that there was no Women's Alliance and that Russell was actually running everything. The Heros decided to trust Russell instead, but it eventually became obvious that Sandra had been telling them the truth. The votes for Sandra were certainly for Sandra.

The thing is, none of the Villains knew she had any connections to the Heros (5 of 9 jury members) so they thought she was a good final 3 opponent, when in fact she was the worst person they could have brought. She would have beaten any Villain in the end.

MagicHef
05-17-2010, 09:03 AM
As far as Parvati, she came off as somewhat delusional when she stated that Russell was just her pet and she was using him while actually being in control the whole time. If she was in control, why was Danielle on the Jury?

Deberg_1990
05-17-2010, 09:30 AM
I disagree. Sandra went to the Heros and told them that there was no Women's Alliance and that Russell was actually running everything. The Heros decided to trust Russell instead, but it eventually became obvious that Sandra had been telling them the truth. The votes for Sandra were certainly for Sandra.

The thing is, none of the Villains knew she had any connections to the Heros (5 of 9 jury members) so they thought she was a good final 3 opponent, when in fact she was the worst person they could have brought. She would have beaten any Villain in the end.

Once again, ill ask, why did Survivor do a 3 person final this time instead of 2? Reeks of producer manipulation...

Sandra shouldnt have been anywhere near the finals.

DaKCMan AP
05-17-2010, 09:31 AM

That's proof that Sandra did NOT have a good social game. If her social game was good she would have been more convincing to the Heroes. She failed.

Chiefnj2
05-17-2010, 09:34 AM
That's proof that Sandra did NOT have a good social game. If her social game was good she would have been more convincing to the Heroes. She failed.

She failed at the social game? Tell that to the million dollars in her bank account.

MagicHef
05-17-2010, 09:49 AM
Once again, ill ask, why did Survivor do a 3 person final this time instead of 2? Reeks of producer manipulation...

They have been doing 3 person finals for quite a while. Last season was a final 3: Natalie, Russell and Mick. Of course everyone forgets about Mick.

DaKCMan AP
05-17-2010, 09:52 AM
She failed at the social game? Tell that to the million dollars in her bank account.

Sandra didn't win. Russell and Parvarti lost, only because the jury were sore losers.

Sandra's only goal the entire game was to get Russell voted out. She failed. Her social game revolved around getting others to vote Russell out. She failed. She failed at the challenges and she had no strategy.

MagicHef
05-17-2010, 09:53 AM

She can't force other people to do things.

Parvati failed to keep her best friend in the game when Russell targeted her. She had gone to Jerri before Russell even approached Jerri and said "Russell will try to get you to vote for Danielle tonight, don't do it no matter what." She failed at that, and therefore did not have a good social game, according to your logic.

mikeyis4dcats.
05-17-2010, 09:57 AM

they've done 3 for years....

MagicHef
05-17-2010, 10:00 AM
Sandra didn't win. Russell and Parvarti lost, only because the jury were sore losers.

Sandra's only goal the entire game was to get Russell voted out. She failed. Her social game revolved around getting others to vote Russell out. She failed. She failed at the challenges and she had no strategy.

Sandra's social game revolved around making friends with the Heroes after the merge, something that Russell and Parvati apparently couldn't be bothered to do. I think a lot of people don't realize exactly how long the players are out there. 39 days is a long, long time, and 99% of what happens out there is never shown on TV.

"As long as it ain't me" was her strategy from Pearl Islands and in Heroes vs Villains. It is easily the best strategy that anyone has ever used in Survivor. Sandra is smart because when she tried to get Russell out but people wouldn't listen, she went with the flow, because she wasn't in danger. When you make moves that are unnecessary because you aren't in immediate danger, you get voted out (see Candice).

Chiefnj2
05-17-2010, 10:14 AM

The GOAL of the game is to win the million dollars, period.

MagicHef
05-17-2010, 10:15 AM

It is a social game above all else. Name one season that someone won for something other than being the most well-liked/respected of the options presented at the final tribal council. I don't believe there is one. Every season, some player that obviously doesn't understand how the game works thinks that they should get votes for having some awesome strategy, but no one ever has.

Really, sitting at the final tribal council, who can say that Russell's strategy was better than Sandra's? They had the exact same results, they were both sitting in the finals.

I think that strategy like Sandra's is not as TV-friendly as Russell's, and therefore viewers think that Sandra didn't have any strategy. "If you didn't make any huge crazy moves, you must not have been playing."

In all honesty, I feel bad for Russell, it's sad to see someone be so completely convinced that they know how something works, when they couldn't be more wrong. He'll be back on another season, hopefully by then he'll understand how the jury works a little better.

DaKCMan AP
05-17-2010, 10:15 AM
She can't force other people to do things.

Parvati failed to keep her best friend in the game when Russell targeted her. She had gone to Jerri before Russell even approached Jerri and said "Russell will try to get you to vote for Danielle tonight, don't do it no matter what." She failed at that, and therefore did not have a good social game, according to your logic.

No, you can't force people, but getting others to vote for who you want is a major social part of the game. Russell always gets out who he wants gone - he outwitted, outplayed and outlasted everyone. Making friends and not pissing people off is not part of Survivor's creed and Sandra did not outwit, outplay or outlast Russell or Parvarti. She's the welfare queen of Survivor.

Deberg_1990
05-17-2010, 10:22 AM
they've done 3 for years....

They have been doing 3 person finals for quite a while. Last season was a final 3: Natalie, Russell and Mick. Of course everyone forgets about Mick.

ok, thanks....didnt realize that.

DaKCMan AP
05-17-2010, 10:23 AM
It is a social game above all else. Name one season that someone won for something other than being the most well-liked/respected of the options presented at the final tribal council.

That's the key. For some reason the sore losers on the jury did not respect Russell's game. But they all succumbed to it and were on the jury because of it. Richard Hatch was not liked and Parvarti was not well liked, but the players in those seasons recognized that they were outplayed.

Chiefnj2
05-17-2010, 10:24 AM
That's the key. For some reason the sore losers on the jury did not respect Russell's game. But they all succumbed to it and were on the jury because of it. Richard Hatch was not liked and Parvarti was not well liked, but the players in those seasons recognized that they were outplayed.

Imagine that, people didn't respect someone who deceived, lied, intimidated, threatened and backstabbed them.

MagicHef
05-17-2010, 10:24 AM
No, you can't force people, but getting others to vote for who you want is a major social part of the game. Russell always gets out who he wants gone - he outwitted, outplayed and outlasted everyone.

Like when he wanted Rupert gone and Rupert, Colby and a rock outwitted him and got Candice voted out? By the way, Candice was one of a very few people that Russell could have possibly won against in the end, the other being Danielle.

Making friends and not pissing people off is not part of Survivor's creed and Sandra did not outwit, outplay or outlast Russell or Parvarti. She's the welfare queen of Survivor.

Who cares about the creed? The only goal of Survivor is to get the most jury votes. Russell is horrible at it, Sandra is great at it.

Also, if you think that Sandra did not outwit or outplay Russell or Parvati, think about how she managed to hide her relationship with the majority of the jury from them and used them to get to the finals, where she trounced them. She obviously outlasted both of them, she is the Sole Survivor.

DaKCMan AP
05-17-2010, 10:28 AM
Imagine that, people didn't respect someone who deceived, lied, intimidated, threatened and backstabbed them.

That's all happened in previous seasons. Deception, lies, and backstabbing are expected. This isn't "hold-ands-and-sing-kumbaya-Survivor" and if you were threatened, deceived or intimidated then you've been outwitted. If you were backstabbed you've been outplayed. It's a game and all's fair in Survivor.

DaKCMan AP
05-17-2010, 10:30 AM
Like when he wanted Rupert gone and Rupert, Colby and a rock outwitted him and got Candice voted out? By the way, Candice was one of a very few people that Russell could have possibly won against in the end, the other being Danielle.

Where did Rupert end up? Oh yeah, on the jury.

Who cares about the creed? The only goal of Survivor is to get the most jury votes. Russell is horrible at it, Sandra is great at it.

Also, if you think that Sandra did not outwit or outplay Russell or Parvati, think about how she managed to hide her relationship with the majority of the jury from them and used them to get to the finals, where she trounced them. She obviously outlasted both of them, she is the Sole Survivor.

She didn't hide anything. Russell, wrongly, thought the jury members would vote based upon game play (which Sandra had NONE) instead of being sore losers and voting against the person(s) who beat them.

Deberg_1990
05-17-2010, 10:30 AM
Ill bet Russel is kicking himself that he didnt vote Sandra out over Courtney before the merge.

Courtney was weak and presented no threat at all.

OmahaChief
05-17-2010, 10:32 AM
I am always amazed that people don't understand that Survivor is a social game. If you get to the finals and the jury is full of people that hate you, it is your fault and you don't deserve to win.

It is not that there is any lack of understanding the game. It was not that Sandra's social skills carried her in this game becuase she severly lacks them in my opinion. She did not have the social skills to forge alliances and have people do her bidding. She just rode along under the radar for the most part, being weak and lazy and then she was handed $1M while Pavarit and Russell did all the heavy lifting. I would never reward anyone on that show that engages in a strategy similar to Sandra's.

The bitterness of the people that got steamrolled is what costs players the million. What is next a game for of bible thumpers? Noone is going to want to play any role on this show other than babyface seeing how the last few seasons as went down.

I liken it to a bunch of faces always winning in wrestling. If the heel does not win at some point it become predictable and boring and that is what the show is becoming.

MagicHef
05-17-2010, 10:32 AM

I'm copying this from another website:

Borneo: Richard was an arrogant douche, but Kelly was a wishy-washy flip-flopper.

Greg - Voted Richard because they were friendly with one another, but made up the whole "pick a number" think because he's insane.
Jenna - Voted Kelly because she didn't like Richard and the whole alliance thing, and Kelly bonded with Pagong.
Gervase - Voted Kelly out of spite after Sue's jury speech.
Colleen - Voted Kelly because she respected Kelly's challenge wins.
Sean - Voted Richard because he liked Richard more because of the "fat naked fag" thing.
Sue - Voted Richard because she was pissed at Kelly for betraying her at the final 4.
Rudy - Voted Richard because he was Richard's closest ally.

Micronesia: Amanda was hated by some, Parv was hated by some.

Eliza - Voted Parvati because she couldn't stand Amanda.
Ozzy - Voted Amanda because he loved her and was betrayed by Parvati.
Jason - Voted Parvati to go against what Ozzy wanted.
James - Voted Amanda because he was betrayed by Parvati.
Alexis - Voted Parvati because she was more pro-women.
Erik - Voted Amanda because she was closer to Ozzy and he loved Ozzy.
Natalie - Voted Parvati because she was attracted to her.
Cirie - Voted Parvati because Amanda robbed her of a place in the finals.

Everyone votes for who they like, respecting strategy has almost nothing to do with it.

Deberg_1990
05-17-2010, 10:33 AM
That's all happened in previous seasons. Deception, lies, and backstabbing are expected. This isn't "hold-ands-and-sing-kumbaya-Survivor" and if you were threatened, deceived or intimidated then you've been outwitted. If you were backstabbed you've been outplayed. It's a game and all's fair in Survivor.

Exactly....

Have there been nice guy winners? Absolutely..

But ill tell you one thing: They all had to lie and deceive at one point or another in the game. Its not possible to win without doing that.

Chiefnj2
05-17-2010, 10:37 AM
Russell didn't always get what he wanted. At times he was manipulated. Sandra convinced him to send Coach home and keep her. Rupert helped sow seeds of doubt about other villains and they were voted out. Russell was manipulated and it cost him the game.

MagicHef
05-17-2010, 10:38 AM
She didn't hide anything. Russell, wrongly, thought the jury members would vote based upon game play (which Sandra had NONE) instead of being sore losers and voting against the person(s) who beat them.

If Russell had known that Sandra had a relationship with every Hero on the jury, why did he think she would be a great opponent in the finals? Either he didn't know, or he doesn't understand how the jury votes. Or both, which is what I think.

DaKCMan AP
05-17-2010, 10:39 AM
Everyone votes for who they like, respecting strategy has almost nothing to do with it.

Which is why Russell is exactly right and the producers should listen to him and allow the public some say in the final winner.

DaKCMan AP
05-17-2010, 10:40 AM
The bitterness of the people that got steamrolled is what costs players the million. What is next a game for of bible thumpers? Noone is going to want to play any role on this show other than babyface seeing how the last few seasons as went down.

This guy gets it.

MagicHef
05-17-2010, 10:47 AM
Which is why Russell is exactly right and the producers should listen to him and allow the public some say in the final winner.

That would ruin the show, quite honestly. The thing that makes Survivor different from other reality shows is that the people you got rid of are the ones that decide who wins. That way it doesn't just matter who you vote out, but how. Look at Tina from Australia. She engineered every single person leaving after the merge, but did it in a way that everyone still liked her. That is how you win Survivor.

MagicHef
05-17-2010, 10:56 AM
It is not that there is any lack of understanding the game. It was not that Sandra's social skills carried her in this game becuase she severly lacks them in my opinion. She did not have the social skills to forge alliances and have people do her bidding. She just rode along under the radar for the most part, being weak and lazy and then she was handed $1M while Pavarit and Russell did all the heavy lifting. I would never reward anyone on that show that engages in a strategy similar to Sandra's.

I liken it to a bunch of faces always winning in wrestling. If the heel does not win at some point it become predictable and boring and that is what the show is becoming.

This guy gets it.

No, he doesn't. The game has not changed (except for final 3, exile island, hidden immunity idols, other twists) since the first season. The jury has always voted the same way. The roles people play will not change, because there is still a variety of ways you can win. You can play under the radar, like Vecepia or Sandra, you can be dominating in challenges like Tom, you can be a completely sociopathic controlling liar like Brian, you can control people through strategy like Richard, you can create a cult of personality like JT, etc. There is one constant, though. You have to get to the end (which Russell is great at), and you have to be likable enough to get a majority of the votes (which Russell is horrible at).

Chiefnj2
05-17-2010, 11:03 AM

Russell should learn how to sing, then he can compete on that show.

MagicHef
05-17-2010, 11:19 AM
For everyone that thinks Russell should have won, what do you think about when Parvati and Sandra were talking about who to vote off, Parvati said she didn't want to vote off Russell because he would be a great opponent in the finals? How is that different than Russell taking Sandra to the finals because he thought she would be a good opponent? The only difference I can see is that Parvati was right, and Russell couldn't have been more wrong. Obviously Parvati actually understands the game and knows how the jury votes.

OmahaChief
05-17-2010, 11:22 AM
No, he doesn't. The game has not changed (except for final 3, exile island, hidden immunity idols, other twists) since the first season. The jury has always voted the same way. The roles people play will not change, because there is still a variety of ways you can win. You can play under the radar, like Vecepia or Sandra, you can be dominating in challenges like Tom, you can be a completely sociopathic controlling liar like Brian, you can control people through strategy like Richard, you can create a cult of personality like JT, etc. There is one constant, though. You have to get to the end (which Russell is great at), and you have to be likable enough to get a majority of the votes (which Russell is horrible at).

If being likable is what this show has become than I can quit watching it ane move on. I don't need to see the most likable of the contestants that are left win. I want to see the one that played the game the hardest. manipulated the most, worked hard to find the most idols and did not sit out the majority of challenges to AT LEAST have a shot at winning. As it stands now a player that does not kiss ass all game and make life long friends they can have dinner with after the show, has no chance.

JT was a cat that not only was likable, he was hard working and did well in challenges. I had no problem with his win as he played the game. Westman was the same way on his season. Aras to an extent as well. Some of these people disenage from every part of the game other than the social aspect and are being rewarded for it.

Without Russell I would have tuned out this season as it was one of the more boring seasons I can remember.

OmahaChief
05-17-2010, 11:25 AM
For everyone that thinks Russell should have won, what do you think about when Parvati and Sandra were talking about who to vote off, Parvati said she didn't want to vote off Russell because he would be a great opponent in the finals? How is that different than Russell taking Sandra to the finals because he thought she would be a good opponent? The only difference I can see is that Parvati was right, and Russell couldn't have been more wrong. Obviously Parvati actually understands the game and knows how the jury votes.

Sure she knew it was a good choice to keep him around as he was a lightening rod. It was a great move. I would have been OK with Parvati was smart, again Sandra just went with it and did as someone else wanted showing how weak she was.

How is it different...it is not. Russell simply had pissed off too many people in the game at that point and they were bitter. Hell he could have been standing next to Hitler and Ted Bundy and still lost in my opinion.

MagicHef
05-17-2010, 11:29 AM
If being likable is what this show has become than I can quit watching it ane move on. I don't need to see the most likable of the contestants that are left win. I want to see the one that played the game the hardest. manipulated the most, worked hard to find the most idols and did not sit out the majority of challenges to AT LEAST have a shot at winning. As it stands now a player that does not kiss ass all game and make life long friends they can have dinner with after the show, has no chance.

JT was a cat that not only was likable, he was hard working and did well in challenges. I had no problem with his win as he played the game. Westman was the same way on his season. Aras to an extent as well. Some of these people disenage from every part of the game other than the social aspect and are being rewarded for it.

Without Russell I would have tuned out this season as it was one of the more boring seasons I can remember.

Sorry. It's a social game, and it always has been. If you can't understand that Sandra played the game, and actually outplayed Russell and Parvati, have fun watching something else.

kepp
05-17-2010, 11:36 AM

That's exactly it. IMO, the voting needs to change somehow. As it stands, the "outlast, outwit, outplay" part only last until the finals. Then its payback & sand-in-the-vagina time.

Chiefnj2
05-17-2010, 11:50 AM
That's exactly it. IMO, the voting needs to change somehow. As it stands, the "outlast, outwit, outplay" part only last until the finals. Then its payback & sand-in-the-vagina time.

That's the way the game has always been. The "payback" as you put it, is part of the game, and what makes the social part of the game so important. You want to rely on audience votes based on short clips of film editing? They could essentially "force" winners and losers based on editing.

MagicHef
05-17-2010, 11:53 AM

Ugh.

I'm assuming you, like others, are advocating for a public vote to determine the winner. Each season, there are about 11-12 hours of footage shown. The players spend 936 hours out there. Who do you think has a better idea of what is happening, the contestants, or the viewers? The fact that the producers choose the footage to show means that letting the public vote is essentially the same as allowing the producers to choose the winner. Why not just script the whole thing?

teedubya
05-17-2010, 12:17 PM
Yeah... Russell essentially played 80 days in a row. That had to wear on him... he wasn't thinking clearly obviously fuckin everyone over.

I was thinking to myself, name ONE vote for him. ONE. I couldn't think of one, and no one voted for him.

For Sandra to win was fucking retarded. Fuck that chick. She sucks balls. Parvarti deserved it.

teedubya
05-17-2010, 12:26 PM
I am for having America have ONE vote in the final. All of America's votes are tallied, and it counts as ONE vote out of 9. That would be something. Russell would have had ONE vote then... Sandra still would have won.

MagicHef
05-17-2010, 12:31 PM
I am for having America have ONE vote in the final. All of America's votes are tallied, and it counts as ONE vote out of 9. That would be something. Russell would have had ONE vote then... Sandra still would have won.

I still wouldn't like it. I say keep it like it always has been. I want the producers to have as little influence on who wins as possible.

Chiefnj2
05-17-2010, 12:50 PM
CP respects those who knowingly lie when swearing on the lives of their children.

I forgot to add, the burning of Russell's hat was great.

OmahaChief
05-17-2010, 01:22 PM
CP respects those who knowingly lie when swearing on the lives of their children.

I forgot to add, the burning of Russell's hat was great.

Personally, I could care less if he swore on his kids life. All of that crap means nothing in that game. If someone is dumb enough to believe it does they usually get booted. I loved when Fairplay said his Grandma died, thought it was a great play.

Why is it when someone does that they are vilified but Yauman making a false idol was supre cool and one of the greatest moves ever. In the end it is all some form of deceipt.

MagicHef
05-17-2010, 01:40 PM
Personally, I could care less if he swore on his kids life. All of that crap means nothing in that game. If someone is dumb enough to believe it does they usually get booted. I loved when Fairplay said his Grandma died, thought it was a great play.

Why is it when someone does that they are vilified but Yauman making a false idol was supre cool and one of the greatest moves ever. In the end it is all some form of deceipt.

I loved when Fairplay made up the grandma story. Deception is certainly a part of the game, but the trick is to not get caught, or at least have a good excuse for your deception so that the jury will still be willing to vote for you. The way that Russell lied made it obvious to everyone on the jury that he had manipulated and backstabbed them. He needs a lesson in subtlety, at the very least.

OmahaChief
05-17-2010, 02:30 PM
I loved when Fairplay made up the grandma story. Deception is certainly a part of the game, but the trick is to not get caught, or at least have a good excuse for your deception so that the jury will still be willing to vote for you. The way that Russell lied made it obvious to everyone on the jury that he had manipulated and backstabbed them. He needs a lesson in subtlety, at the very least.

On this we can agree.

Brainiac
05-17-2010, 02:34 PM
I was rooting for Russell to win because there is no doubt that he dominated the game. But the fact is that his basic strategy is FLAWED because he can't get the votes.

Everyone who is pissed because Russell lost needs to just freaking get over it. HE LOST. GET OVER IT!

He's the Marty Schottenheimer of Survivor.

thecoffeeguy
05-17-2010, 02:42 PM
I wonder how the game would have turned out of Candice would have stayed with the Heroes...that dumb wench really could have turned the tide for the heroes. she trusted Russel, only to be voted out the next tribal council. ROFL

InChiefsHell
05-17-2010, 02:42 PM
I was rooting for Russell to win because there is no doubt that he dominated the game. But the fact is that his basic strategy is FLAWED because he can't get the votes.

Everyone who is pissed because Russell lost needs to just freaking get over it. HE LOST. GET OVER IT!

He's the Marty Schottenheimer of Survivor.

My wife and I were pretty much on that same page. He's a guy who (and I think Boston Rob said this) plays to get to the end but not to win. He's like a Stephen King novel, it's awesome, but the end always pretty much sucks. Hell, any of those people who could have attached themselves to him were going to win. He has no social game, and given that most people DO base their votes on how they feel, it's probably the most important part of the game and the hardest to master.

He IS the Marty Schottenheimer of Survivor. Good call.

MagicHef
05-17-2010, 02:56 PM
I wonder how the game would have turned out of Candice would have stayed with the Heroes...that dumb wench really could have turned the tide for the heroes. she trusted Russel, only to be voted out the next tribal council. ROFL

That was one of the worst moves I have ever seen. She had absolutely nothing to gain from voting with the Villains, and quite a bit to lose.

Jawshco
05-17-2010, 04:11 PM
Exactly, her flip was the most frustrating move of the game! I hoped it would be in the top 10 worst moves with Tyson and JT.

Okay question, Sandra won 2 seasons and Parvati won 2 seasons... Why was Sandra crowned "the Queen" as if she were the only one to do it? Didn't understand that. What am I missing?

MagicHef
05-17-2010, 04:16 PM
Exactly, her flip was the most frustrating move of the game! I hoped it would be in the top 10 worst moves with Tyson and JT.

Okay question, Sandra won 2 seasons and Parvati won 2 seasons... Why was Sandra crowned "the Queen" as if she were the only one to do it? Didn't understand that. What am I missing?

Parvati has only won once out of the 3 times she's been on.

MagicHef
05-17-2010, 04:28 PM
I found this quite hilarious:

http://i42.tinypic.com/240xgs9.gif

InChiefsHell
05-17-2010, 08:18 PM

That was actually a mis-speak on Sandra's part. She's the one who said Parvati had won twice. Heat of the moment thing.

KcMizzou
05-17-2010, 08:19 PM
Watching it now. LMAO at coach in the Affliction shirt. That guy's such a douche. "Dragon Slayer"... heh.

KcMizzou
05-17-2010, 09:26 PM
Well, that was a fun season. I hadn't watched in a long time, and now I'm interested again.

Jawshco
05-18-2010, 12:20 AM
That was actually a mis-speak on Sandra's part. She's the one who said Parvati had won twice. Heat of the moment thing.

Okay that makes sense. Yeah, I went to a website of Survivor winners trying to figure out what she could of meant, but I figure that you're right.

Anyhow... I saw something interesting that I forgot about, Casey Weigmann's wife was former Survivor winner Danni Boatwright. I'm sure it was talked about before, but somehow I missed it when I watched that season:

http://survivorwiki.wetpaint.com/page/Danni+Boatwright

Fruit Ninja
05-18-2010, 03:12 AM
Okay that makes sense. Yeah, I went to a website of Survivor winners trying to figure out what she could of meant, but I figure that you're right.

Anyhow... I saw something interesting that I forgot about, Casey Weigmann's wife was former Survivor winner Danni Boatwright. I'm sure it was talked about before, but somehow I missed it when I watched that season:

That season was painful to watch, they were in such terrible conditions. Just pure brutal on the body.

Guru
05-18-2010, 03:52 AM
Personally, I would like to see Mr. Smug Jeff Probst play the game.

Deberg_1990
05-18-2010, 06:21 AM
That season was painful to watch, they were in such terrible conditions. Just pure brutal on the body.

yea, during the reunion show, Colby admitted it affected his gameplay.

He said they couldnt do certain things like hunt, fish and explore for whatever reason.

Chiefnj2
05-18-2010, 07:33 AM
That was one of the worst moves I have ever seen. She had absolutely nothing to gain from voting with the Villains, and quite a bit to lose.

There were a lot of bad moves by the heroes early on. Getting rid of strong competitors, keeping people with blown out ACLs, etc.

MagicHef
05-18-2010, 08:38 AM
He said they couldnt do certain things like hunt, fish and explore for whatever reason.

They weren't allowed to. I don't know if it was by the producers or by the Samoan government, but apparently their camps were actually quite close to a highway and some people's homes. Also, who wants Colby wandering around exploring after he stole some pieces of the Great Barrier Reef?

InChiefsHell
05-18-2010, 12:57 PM

I remember that, but I didn't know she was married to Weigman. I just remember that she had a Chiefs cowboy hat.

Fruit Ninja
05-19-2010, 12:34 PM
yea, during the reunion show, Colby admitted it affected his gameplay.

Not this year, the season Danny was on. I think thats the episode where they made them take that 11 mile hike in the guatemalan jungle.

Fruit Ninja
05-19-2010, 12:36 PM
There were a lot of bad moves by the heroes early on. Getting rid of strong competitors, keeping people with blown out ACLs, etc.

lol, Everyone was paranoid from the start. It was nothing but top players either mentally, strategically and or physically.

People just started playing merger suvivor from the start.

Fruit Ninja
05-19-2010, 12:38 PM
Yeah... Russell essentially played 80 days in a row. That had to wear on him... he wasn't thinking clearly obviously ****in everyone over.

I was thinking to myself, name ONE vote for him. ONE. I couldn't think of one, and no one voted for him.

For Sandra to win was ****ing retarded. **** that chick. She sucks balls. Parvarti deserved it.

Yep, Parvarti deserved to win that. Even Russel said that a few times. She played a great game. lol He said in a interview, there werent many dumbasses like in my first season. haha

MagicHef
05-19-2010, 01:46 PM
Yep, Parvarti deserved to win that. Even Russel said that a few times. She played a great game. lol He said in a interview, there werent many dumbasses like in my first season. haha

I think Russell is the last person whose opinion I'd listen to on who should have won, as he thought he should have won last season.

Deberg_1990
05-19-2010, 02:15 PM
I think Russell is the last person whose opinion I'd listen to on who should have won, as he thought he should have won last season.

I respect that Russel wasnt afraid to go toe to toe with Probst on live TV. Basically called out the game and said it was flawed and the tv audience should have a vote.

Not that i agree. I dont think the TV audience gets enough information to have a vote. The show is too heavily edited. The producers let the audience see what they want them to see.

Fruit Ninja
05-19-2010, 02:32 PM

he should have won last season. He ran the whole thing after a few episodes. Almost every single person that got voted out when he went to tribal, was BECAUSE of him. His strategy, his immunity idol play. He absolutely dominated season 19 like no one has ever dominated strategically.

Survivor and season 19= ALL RUSSEL.

MagicHef
05-19-2010, 03:07 PM
I respect that Russel wasnt afraid to go toe to toe with Probst on live TV. Basically called out the game and said it was flawed and the tv audience should have a vote.

Not that i agree. I dont think the TV audience gets enough information to have a vote. The show is too heavily edited. The producers let the audience see what they want them to see.

If Survivor ever becomes based on a public vote rather than the jury vote, it stops becoming a social experiment, which is what it was created as. I really hope that Russell takes some time and tries to understand why he lost so badly both times and what he can do differently, then comes back and plays again. I think it would be very interesting.

MagicHef
05-19-2010, 03:11 PM
he should have won last season. He ran the whole thing after a few episodes. Almost every single person that got voted out when he went to tribal, was BECAUSE of him. His strategy, his immunity idol play. He absolutely dominated season 19 like no one has ever dominated strategically.

Survivor and season 19= ALL RUSSEL.

You can say that he absolutely dominated in strategy, but unfortunately for him, that is completely meaningless when it comes to the jury vote. Social play is what matters then.

InChiefsHell
05-19-2010, 03:13 PM
If Survivor ever becomes based on a public vote rather than the jury vote, it stops becoming a social experiment, which is what it was created as. I really hope that Russell takes some time and tries to understand why he lost so badly both times and what he can do differently, then comes back and plays again. I think it would be very interesting.

I don't think it's in his nature to learn from that kind of mistake. He firmly believes that he should have won and that the reason he lost was because he was TOO good at the game and everyone was jealous of that...He's one of the best to ever play, but he's not a guy who can win the game. And I just don't think he'd ever be that guy. It would require him to change his strategy, and that's not something he's capable of doing.

Deberg_1990
05-19-2010, 04:12 PM
I don't think it's in his nature to learn from that kind of mistake. He firmly believes that he should have won and that the reason he lost was because he was TOO good at the game and everyone was jealous of that...He's one of the best to ever play, but he's not a guy who can win the game. And I just don't think he'd ever be that guy. It would require him to change his strategy, and that's not something he's capable of doing.

Yea, agree....Probst asked him if he ever stopped to realize why somewhat would not vote for him based on his earlier actions....and he acted confused like didnt understand the question.

MagicHef
05-19-2010, 06:04 PM
That's why I don't think he's a good player. If your style of play ensures that you won't win, and you are unwilling to change it, you are a bad player. Entertaining maybe, but not good.

InChiefsHell
05-20-2010, 05:33 AM
That's why I don't think he's a good player. If your style of play ensures that you won't win, and you are unwilling to change it, you are a bad player. Entertaining maybe, but not good.

There you go, that's a better way of putting it. All show, no go. He's the Marty Schottenheimer of Survivor...