PDA

View Full Version : Obama Say what???

RNR
02-11-2010, 03:38 PM
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2010/02/vice-president-biden-iraq-could-be-one-of-the-great-achievements-of-this-administration.html

This weasle and Barry cried uncle and were ready to wave the white flag. Now it is THIS administrations victory :rolleyes:

Vice President Biden: Iraq "Could Be One of the Great Achievements of This Administration"
February 11, 2010 3:43 PM

PrintRSSE-mailShare this blog entry with friendsFacebookTwitterRedditStumbleUponMore
On Larry King Live last night, Vice President Joe Biden said Iraq "could be one of the great achievements of this administration. You're going to see 90,000 American troops come marching home by the end of the summer. You're going to see a stable government in Iraq that is actually moving toward a representative government."

The vice president said hed been to Iraq 17 times and visits the country every three months or so. "I know every one of the major players in all the segments of that society" he said. "It's impressed me. I've been impressed how they have been deciding to use the political process rather than guns to settle their differences."

At the briefing today, White House press secretary Robert Gibbs was asked about Biden calling Iraq one of the great potential achievements of the Obama administration given that Biden had previously advocated that the country should be divided into thirds and split among Kurds, Shiites, and Sunnis, and then-Sen. Obama opposing the surge of US troops that many experts argue helped bring stability that allowed the reconciliation process to continue.

In fact, in January 2007 then-Sen. Obama said that he was "not persuaded that 20,000 additional troops in Iraq is going to solve the sectarian violence. In fact, I think it will do the reverse."

Gibbs said the achievement was "putting what was broken back together and getting our troops home, which we intend to do in August of this year."

A reporter pointed out that the Status of Forces Agreement to bring troops home was signed before the president took office.

Gibbs called that agreement "something I think that the political pressure that the president, as a then-candidate, helped to bring about."

The nation "will long debate Iraq," Gibbs said. "We will long debate whether at a very important moment in our effort to root out terrorism, particularly in Afghanistan and in that border region with Pakistan, whether we took our eye off the ball. I think historians will debate that long after we are gone." Gibbs suggested that by invading Iraq the US was "occupy(ing) a country that until we got there didn't have a single member of Al Qaida," and taking its eye off the ball.

Gibbs said that "the vice president's been deeply involved in fixing the political process there so that elections can be held and so that our troops can come home as scheduled this summer."

-jpt

petegz28
02-11-2010, 03:40 PM
LMAO......OMFG......LMAO.......O M F MOTHER FUCKIN' G.....ROFL

LMAO......LMAO.......LMAO

LMAO

HonestChieffan
02-11-2010, 03:40 PM
Yes but....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1Uar-Il6U8A&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1Uar-Il6U8A&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

petegz28
02-11-2010, 03:41 PM
So "Bush's illegal war" is not to be held as one of the greatestachievments for THIS administration???

I am sorry, I just can't stop laughing at these fuckheads

petegz28
02-11-2010, 03:45 PM
You're going to see a stable government in Iraq that is actually moving toward a representative government.

Obama had absolutely NOTHING to do with this. What a fucking crock of horse spew.

talastan
02-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Obama: "Mission Accomplished!!" :thumb: ROFL

petegz28
02-11-2010, 04:04 PM
You really have to wonder how much Obama regrets choosing Biden as his VP?

HonestChieffan
02-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Praise the O!

petegz28
02-11-2010, 07:13 PM
Suddenly Obama quit inheriting things from Bush. LMAO

banyon
02-11-2010, 08:02 PM
Iraq is Obama's War in the way the Vietnam was Nixon's.

It isn't. If credit is due, they need to give it to Bush, or at least the DoD.

mlyonsd
02-11-2010, 08:10 PM

You really know how to dampen any party don't you?

mlyonsd
02-11-2010, 08:16 PM
Biden really said that? And people think he's a better VP than Palin would be?

Really? JFC.

In the event of a disaster there really are people that think Biden would out perform a kick dog wearing a tutu balancing a beach ball on his nose?

If anything, Biden will be the one gone in 2012......long before Obama. I'm guessing the SS has been directed to hide cameras catching Joe crapping in his own pants.

I once regarded Biden as a decent presidential candidate. Right now I wouldn't let him sack my groceries. "Joe, a gallon of milk and loaf of bread can't be put in the same bag".

Chiefshrink
02-11-2010, 08:42 PM
This puts a whole new spin on thingsLMAO Whoops! Pardon the pun.:thumb:
Definitely takes the term "spin" to a new level of "delusion":rolleyes::shake:

Dallas Chief
02-11-2010, 11:33 PM

That analogy is chock full of holes.
Posted via Mobile Device

Norman Einstein
02-12-2010, 03:42 AM

That analogy is chock full of holes.

How so?

Dallas Chief
02-12-2010, 10:19 AM
How so?

Nixon inherited a war that carried on for 5 + years after he took office with a steady to then increasing occurences of vilonce/engagement. President Obama will have Iraq finished up in 18 months and inherited a conflict that was in a defined, steady de-escalation period. The way I see it, Obama inherited a much more managable situation, where Nixon inherited the infamous quagmire. Two totally different scenarios.

However, I will give credit where credit is due. President Obama is seeing Iraq through, is staying the course, and so far managed not to screw this up. Something that I see as good for our country. The jury is still out on Ahfghanistan though. We may be getting ourselves deeper involved into something that will hard to be get out of with a clearly defined "win". I hope we do find a way to clean that place up, I just think it will be more difficult than what we have done in Iraq. I base my opinion more on first hand accounts of the action over there that I get from friends and family that have completed multiple tours versus what you hear on CNN et al. I really see Ahfganistan as being Barack's war. Hopefully his administartion can find a way to succeed.

RNR
02-12-2010, 03:25 PM
I didn't expect many of Barry's loyal flock to reply to this outrageous bullshit and I was right in my estimation~

Fish
02-12-2010, 03:29 PM
I don't care who takes credit as long as the boys come home and are out of harm's way...

RNR
02-12-2010, 03:39 PM
I don't care who takes credit as long as the boys come home and are out of harm's way...

Agree on them coming home safe. I do however take exception to a couple of guys that went out of their way to make life more dangerous. Men who wanted to cut support and risk the lives of the troops that accomplished this task and now have the balls to take credit for it.

wild1
02-12-2010, 03:41 PM
White House press secretary Robert Gibbs was asked about Biden calling Iraq one of the great potential achievements of the Obama administration given that Biden had previously advocated that the country should be divided into thirds and split among Kurds, Shiites, and Sunnis, and then-Sen. Obama opposing the surge of US troops that many experts argue helped bring stability that allowed the reconciliation process to continue.

In fact, in January 2007 then-Sen. Obama said that he was "not persuaded that 20,000 additional troops in Iraq is going to solve the sectarian violence. In fact, I think it will do the reverse."

Gibbs said the achievement was "putting what was broken back together and getting our troops home, which we intend to do in August of this year."

A reporter pointed out that the Status of Forces Agreement to bring troops home was signed before the president took office.

Gibbs called that agreement "something I think that the political pressure that the president, as a then-candidate, helped to bring about."

It's not very often you see a man kicking his own *ss, but there it is.

patteeu
02-12-2010, 04:47 PM
I can't believe Joe Biden is hogging all the credit for Iraq like that. Shouldn't John Murtha get a little credit too?

mlyonsd
02-12-2010, 08:47 PM
I can't believe Joe Biden is hogging all the credit for Iraq like that. Shouldn't John Murtha get a little credit too?

Funny how the we should get out crowd has disappeared and isn't here ridiculing Biden and every other dem in office after 2003. You know, when they were for the war before they were against it.

RNR
02-14-2010, 01:17 PM
Bump so we can keep track of where people like Biden and misspelled Direction stand~

Saul Good
02-14-2010, 01:32 PM
I'm going to go on record as agreeing with Biden on this one. Everything else they have done has been worse. By that standard, this has been their greatest achievement slightly edging out Barack killing a spider that gave Michelle the creeps.

RNR
02-14-2010, 01:37 PM
I'm going to go on record as agreeing with Biden on this one. Everything else they have done has been worse. By that standard, this has been their greatest achievement slightly edging out Barack killing a spider that gave Michelle the creeps.

What about the fly??? Like a trained killer he snatched the thing out of mid air.

patteeu
02-14-2010, 08:08 PM

LMAO