PDA

View Full Version : Football The Big Ten doesn't want Missouri....

KCtotheSB
02-11-2010, 07:28 PM
...they want Texas!!!!

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2010/feb/11/big-ten-making-overtures-texas/

Big Ten making overtures to … Texas
Texas quarterback Colt McCoy, right, celebrates a victory with head coach Mack Brown near the end of a 51-20 win against Kansas, Saturday, Nov. 21, 2009, in Austin.

AP Photo/Darren Abate. Enlarge photo.

Texas quarterback Colt McCoy, right, celebrates a victory with head coach Mack Brown near the end of a 51-20 win against Kansas, Saturday, Nov. 21, 2009, in Austin.

* Email
* Comments (24)
* Print
* Facebook
* Digg
* Delicious

By Tom Keegan

February 11, 2010

A source with ties to the Big Ten said that while most people’s attention has been trained on the conference stealing Missouri, the Big Ten has engaged in “preliminary exchanges” with a much bigger fish from the Big 12.

“There have been preliminary exchanges between the Big Ten and Texas,” the source told the Journal-World on Wednesday. “People will deny that, but it’s accurate.”

Advertisement

Missouri and Pittsburgh have been the most talked-about candidates to fill the 12th spot, which would enable the conference to have the postseason football conference title game it lacks. In December of 2009, the Big Ten issued a statement that the timetable for expansion was in the 12-to-18-month range.

Travel costs, in terms of money and fatigue, make Texas seem on the surface like a stretch, but TV revenue would more than make up for the fatigue factor.

Getting TV sets in the massive state of Texas tuned to the Big Ten Network would qualify as a home run for the Big Ten.

Texas already receives the most TV money in the Big 12 because of its frequent national network appearances, but the source said Texas still thinks it can get a better deal for itself and is considering forming its own state-wide TV network.

Geographic concerns don’t carry the weight they once did because TV revenues have grown so much, and this wouldn’t be the first time Texas has considered such an odd geographic match. Before joining the Big Eight with three other schools from Texas, the Longhorns looked into joining the Pac-10.

Veteran basketball columnist Mike DeCourcy, writing for The Sporting News on Dec. 16, wondered why nobody other than him was talking about Texas as the most logical school for Big Ten expansion.

“No one seems to recognize the genius of this suggestion, which may be evidence of its genius,” DeCourcy wrote. “Everyone else seems to be thinking small and boring, but as I suggested not long after the Big Ten Network was conceived, Texas is the one program that could dramatically expand the money-making power of the league's cable operation.”

Much later than DeCourcy offered the suggestion, the two parties finally have inched toward each other with “preliminary exchanges.”

ClevelandBronco
02-11-2010, 07:32 PM
What the hell is ljworld.com?

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-11-2010, 07:33 PM
Heard this on ESPNradio today.

My opinion?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/sevs41/GetTheFuckOut.gif

Braincase
02-11-2010, 07:35 PM

The Lawrence Journal-World.

ClevelandBronco
02-11-2010, 07:36 PM
The Lawrence Journal-World.

Never trust guys named Lawrence. Especially guys named Lawrence with hyphenated last names.

kstater
02-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Heard this on ESPNradio today.

My opinion?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/sevs41/GetTheFuckOut.gif

Losing Texas is not a good thing.

Bacon Cheeseburger
02-11-2010, 07:42 PM
This shit is getting absurd.

Saul Good
02-11-2010, 07:44 PM
Of course they want Texas. Texas has nothing to gain, though. They would be better of as an independent.

Chocolate Hog
02-11-2010, 07:47 PM
See ya fags

Dante84
02-11-2010, 08:02 PM
Those tricky big ten fucks.... they took the ugly girl to the prom to make the hot one jealous!

RJ
02-11-2010, 08:14 PM
I know I'm in the minority, but I miss pre-BCS college sports. I was really ok with the possibility of two teams tying for the #1 spot in football. And I think the rules concerning football are really messing up basketball.

And there really is something to be said for geography.

Frazod
02-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Losing Texas is not a good thing.

Neither is getting your ass kicked every year by a team that has five times the resources to draw on than you do.

Fuck Texas in the ass with a big rubber dick. Go to the Big 10. Go to the SEC. Go straight to the pit of fucking hell. Just go.

kstater
02-11-2010, 08:29 PM
Neither is getting your ass kicked every year by a team that has five times the resources to draw on than you do.

Fuck Texas in the ass with a big rubber dick. Go to the Big 10. Go to the SEC. Go straight to the pit of fucking hell. Just go.

Simple solution: Beat Texas. Not that hard.

Frazod
02-11-2010, 08:31 PM

Sure. I'll call up Megan Fox and see if she'll blow me afterward, too.

BigRedChief
02-11-2010, 09:13 PM
Of course they want Texas. Texas has nothing to gain, though. They would be better of as an independent.Texas runs the Big 12. Why would they leave?

Dante84
02-11-2010, 09:15 PM

Rep.

Dante84
02-11-2010, 09:16 PM

If she comes to Manhattan, I call first dibs. She owes us for a few.

Thig Lyfe
02-11-2010, 09:30 PM
lolwut

Mastashake
02-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Texas won't leave the Big 12 because they have no need to. You could say toughness of schedule, but the Big 10 looks pretty damn tough in basketball. And football is weak now, but I don't forsee it being that way forever.

If it came to leaving the Big 12 would bend over backwards, rearrange teams and put them up in the nice, cushy north division (renamed something else).

KcMizzou
02-11-2010, 09:37 PM
Texas runs the Big 12. Why would they leave?No joke. And it's not just about winning games.

ChiefsCountry
02-11-2010, 09:45 PM
Texas runs the Big 12. Why would they leave?

Academics are better in the Big Ten and the money is way way way better. Add Texas to the Big Ten tv package and it basically prints money.

Chocolate Hog
02-11-2010, 10:15 PM
Will Texas get phantom calls from the refs in the Big 10?

BWillie
02-11-2010, 10:38 PM

For 2007-08, the revenue breakdown for Big 12 members was:

1. Texas - $10.2 million
2. Oklahoma - $9.8 million
3. Kansas - $9.24 million
4. Texas A&M - $9.22 million
5. Nebraska $9.1 million
6. Missouri - $8.4 million
7. Texas Tech - $8.23 million
8. Kansas State - $8.21 million
9. Oklahoma State - $8.1 million
10. Colorado - $8.0 million
11. Iowa State - $7.4 million
12. Baylor - $7.1 million

Conference revenue from the same time period:
1. Big Ten - $154.2 million
2. ACC - $137.6 million
3. SEC - $135 million
4. Big 12 - $103.1 million
5. Pac-10 - $80.1 million
6. Big East - $77.6 million

Of the Big 12's $103 million earned from 2007-08, $57 million came from television contracts, $32.2 million from bowl games, $27.3 million from the NCAA, $11.1 million from conference championships, and $434,623 from royalties and licensing. The conference keeps some of the revenue to pay its bills.

At the time of these figures, the Big Ten was the only conference to distribute its revenue equally, with each member receiving roughly $14 million. The Big 12 distributes all revenues equally except for money earned from television contracts. Half of the TV money is divided equally, the other half is dispersed from an appearance pool. The schools that appear on TV for football and nonconference basketball games more often receive more money from the appearance pool.

BWillie
02-11-2010, 10:39 PM
Also,

Last year's TV revenue per conference:

1. Big Ten - $242 million ($22 million/school)
2. SEC - $205 million ($17.08 million/school)
3. Big 12 - $78 million ($6.5 million/school)
4. ACC - $67 million ($5.58 million/school)
5. Pac-10 - $58 million ($5.8 million/school)
6. Big East - $13 million for football/$20 million for basketball ($2.8 million/school for football)

Every Big Ten member makes almost twice as much TV revenue every year as the ENTIRE Big East football conference and even makes more than the entire Big East basketball contract.

Chocolate Hog
02-11-2010, 11:04 PM
Why can't The Big 12 just get its own network like the Big 10 Network? It couldn't suck any less than The Big 10 Network.

Jewish Rabbi
02-11-2010, 11:10 PM

Is it too early to call "Stupidest Post of the Year?"

WoodDraw
02-11-2010, 11:11 PM
Why can't The Big 12 just get its own network like the Big 10 Network? It couldn't suck any less than The Big 10 Network.

The Big 12 fucked it up when they signed there contract and couldn't get everyone to agree. There was an article not to long about this. I'll dig for it.

Mastashake
02-11-2010, 11:44 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see them try for a Longhorn Network in Texas. They'd make a KILLING off of it, and once again, I'm sure the Big 12 would cater to whatever they wanted. The way college is they'll probably get everything that isn't national or potentially on the possible future Big 12 network.

kstater
02-12-2010, 05:45 AM
Is it too early to call "Stupidest Post of the Year?"

:spock:

eazyb81
02-12-2010, 06:28 AM
If this happens do we get to move the tournaments and conference headquarters back to KC?

If so, they can take the other Texas schools with them.

kepp
02-12-2010, 07:13 AM

Athan with homer glasses.

Of course they say that. If "ljworld" had a political section, the top story would be, "The United States Doesn't Want Missouri!".

Tango&Cash
02-12-2010, 07:15 AM

Dude, you have her ph#????

Great Expectations
02-12-2010, 07:46 AM

OU - 6 Conference Championships
Texas - 3 Conference Championships

KC Jones
02-12-2010, 07:57 AM
OU - 6 Conference Championships
Texas - 3 Conference Championships

Regardless, they still have all the political pull within the conference. It's all about TV revenue.

Frazod
02-12-2010, 08:12 AM
:spock:

I think what he means is that while there may be the occasional fluke victory over a powerhouse school like Texas, they will win the overwhelming majority of the games against the other schools from smaller states with far fewer resources. More money, higher salaries for better coaches, pick of the litter for the best players, etc. makes all the difference. They're the Yankees, the rest of us are the Royals. Actually, it's even worse than that.

Saying "go out and beat them" may be nice from a positive attitude standpoint, but when you're outclassed in damn near every way possible, reality sets in quickly.

And it doesn't exactly take a genious to figure this out.

jiveturkey
02-12-2010, 08:14 AM
They'd also have to content with Ohio St in the new conference. It has to be money and not competition that's under consideration.

kstater
02-12-2010, 08:15 AM
I think what he means is that while there may be the occasional fluke victory over a powerhouse school like Texas, they will win the overwhelming majority of the games against the other schools from smaller states with far fewer resources. More money, higher salaries for better coaches, pick fo the litter for the best players, etc. makes all the difference. They're the Yankees, the rest of us are the Royals. Actually, it's even worse than that.

Saying "go out and beat them" may be nice from a positive attitude standpoint, but when you're outclassed damn near every way possible, reality sets in quickly.

I stand by my go out and beat them, it's not that hard statement. KSU isn't exactly a big school, yet finds a way to beat them.

Frazod
02-12-2010, 08:18 AM
I stand by my go out and beat them, it's not that hard statement. KSU isn't exactly a big school, yet finds a way to beat them.

Get back to me when you've sobered up.

HemiEd
02-12-2010, 08:19 AM

**** Texas in the ass with a big rubber dick. Go to the Big 10. Go to the SEC. Go straight to the pit of ****ing hell. Just go.

It would be an improvement IMO, gawd I am sick of them. The only thing I would miss is watching the Jayhawks piss pound them in basketball.

It just makes so much sense regionally. ROFL

Frazod
02-12-2010, 08:21 AM
It would be an improvement IMO, gawd I am sick of them. The only thing I would miss is watching the Jayhawks piss pound them in basketball.

It just makes so much sense regionally. ROFL

We were so much better off as the Big 8.

kstater
02-12-2010, 08:23 AM
LMAO

Texas to Big Ten? Anything to avoid K-State

<hr>
By Blair Kerkhoff (http://campuscorner.kansascity.com/user/5) - Posted on 11 February 2010

Another round of Big 12 angst has been launched by a report in Lawrence Journal-World, citing an anonymous source, that Texas has had a conversation with Big Ten. This comes on the heels of internet reports suggesting the Longhorns could be a target of Pac-10 expansion.
Hey, maybe Texas can hold dual membership. Football in the Big Ten, basketball in the Pac-10, kind of like autumn and spring homes.
The Big Ten started the expansion craze in December with its announcement of an exploration process, and a new brushfire seems to ignite each day.
That’s not a bad thing. Reports from anonymous sources in print and rumors on the web at least provide a fleshing out of the subject.
And none of it looks good for the Big 12.
The reports make the conference seem ripe for picking because its current TV deals don’t measure up the Big Ten’s. When the Missouri governor preens for the Big Ten, and the message boards at Colorado and Texas blow up with fans certain the grass is greener elsewhere the Big 12 has public relations problem.
That greener grass, of course, is media dollars, which today are much more plentiful in the Big Ten. As The Star reported last month, Big Ten schools clear $9-10 million more annually from its television and media contracts than the Big 12.
The SEC also is a top-dollar conference, and all of this has happened in the past couple of years.
Commissioners in other conferences believe they’ll have more lucrative deals in the next few years.
“I don’t see any of us negotiating in the kind of favorable (economic) conditions that the Big Ten and SEC enjoyed, but I do believe the gap will be smaller than what it is right now,” ACC Commissioner John Swofford told me in January.
The Big Ten’s exploratory process is to take 12-18 months. The Pac-10 said it would work more quickly. Expansion isn’t guaranteed in either case.
Texas to the Big Ten doesn't make much sense. Yes, there’s more revenue for sports and academics. But has money ever been an issue with the Longhorns? Athletic Director DeLoss Dodds like to say, “We are the Joneses.” Everybody else keeps up with Texas.
The Longhorns have plenty going for it in the Big 12, including a revenue-sharing formula to their liking, the best regular-season game in college football (Oklahoma) and conference championship contenders in every sport. Texas already has some of the deepest pockets in all of college sports.
And there’s talk of the school starting its own TV network for its non-Big 12 contracted games. That wouldn’t happen in a conference with its own network.
But if the Longhorns left, they wouldn’t have to play the team it no longer seems to beat in football and men’s basketball: Kansas State.

Bacon Cheeseburger
02-12-2010, 08:27 AM
Geez, and Laz thinks a little success goes to Nebraska fans' heads.

Frazod
02-12-2010, 08:31 AM
Geez, and Laz thinks a little success goes to Nebraska fans' heads.

Being a giant killer is great, but in the end it doesn't really matter if you can't beat anybody but the giants.

kstater
02-12-2010, 08:35 AM
Being a giant killer is great, but in the end it doesn't really matter if you can't beat anybody but the giants.

It's better than not being able to do either and complaining about it.

Frazod
02-12-2010, 08:41 AM
It's better than not being able to do either and complaining about it.

That's funny, because I'm having a little trouble remembering the last time we didn't kick the shit out of the Mildcats.

Bacon Cheeseburger
02-12-2010, 08:41 AM
Their series with UT resumes this year, we'll see if the trend continues.

With that said, I'll still be pulling for KSU.

kstater
02-12-2010, 08:52 AM
That's funny, because I'm having a little trouble remembering the last time we didn't kick the shit out of the Mildcats.

Unless you count getting rolled by 16 in Manhattan last year kicking the shit out of the Miledcats, I think it would last January was the last time.

Frazod
02-12-2010, 08:55 AM
Unless you count getting rolled by 16 in Manhattan last year kicking the shit out of the Miledcats, I think it would last January was the last time.

I'm sorry, I was talking about football.

vailpass
02-12-2010, 09:02 AM

Ever watch the Big10 network? Extremely well run. I'm a big10 fan living out west, I can see all my football, hoops, wrestling, as well as classic games, pre and post game from the Big10 point of view, etc.

There are many thousands of ex-pats just like me who use the Big10 network to stay tuned.

If you aren't a Big10 fan I can see where you wouldn't watch it but to say the network sucks is innacurate.
I can give you 242 million reasons that prove it.

kepp
02-12-2010, 09:03 AM

ROFL Attention: basketball has now become the primary sport at KSU

HemiEd
02-12-2010, 09:12 AM
We were so much better off as the Big 8.

I agree totally. Fuck Texas.

Mr. Laz
02-12-2010, 09:19 AM
Why would Texas want to go to the Big 10 where they would have to share everything equally with all the other team when they can stay in the Big 12 and get to bend 11 other schools over and ram it home every year?

HemiEd
02-12-2010, 09:21 AM
ROFL Attention: basketball has now become the primary sport at KSU

Is there a breakdown on how much revenue is generated by each sport? I would think BB is close.

Oh, and K-State did qualify for a bowl this year, even though they didn't get one. Hang on to your hats, Snyder will have them kicking Mizzou's ass on a regular basis in due time. :D

Jewish Rabbi
02-12-2010, 12:25 PM
I think what he means is that while there may be the occasional fluke victory over a powerhouse school like Texas, they will win the overwhelming majority of the games against the other schools from smaller states with far fewer resources. More money, higher salaries for better coaches, pick of the litter for the best players, etc. makes all the difference. They're the Yankees, the rest of us are the Royals. Actually, it's even worse than that.

Saying "go out and beat them" may be nice from a positive attitude standpoint, but when you're outclassed in damn near every way possible, reality sets in quickly.

This. It's kind of like telling Claythan to go out and get laid, it's not that hard.

WilliamTheIrish
02-12-2010, 12:44 PM

I think the proper tone to set when playing Texas is to do just what KSU has done forever: Punish their QB. Hit him early, hit him often, hit him late. They haven't had a QB finish a game against KSU since Chris Simms.

Mizzou's D is hard to figure. Seems talneted enough and they sure as hell lay wod to KSU, but they fold so terribly against damn near everybody else.

Looking forward to kicking the shit outta them again this season.

patteeu
02-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Best case for Missouri would be if the Big 10 took both Texas and Missouri, along with one of the eastern teams they've been considering to make it a 14 team league.

The worst case for Missouri is if Texas goes to the Big 10 and Missouri gets stranded in the Big 12 as it either sinks to WAC status or falls apart.

IMO

Chocolate Hog
02-12-2010, 12:59 PM
Ever watch the Big10 network? Extremely well run. I'm a big10 fan living out west, I can see all my football, hoops, wrestling, as well as classic games, pre and post game from the Big10 point of view, etc.

There are many thousands of ex-pats just like me who use the Big10 network to stay tuned.

If you aren't a Big10 fan I can see where you wouldn't watch it but to say the network sucks is innacurate.
I can give you 242 million reasons that prove it.

It's just boring and they have that douchebag Mike Hall on there.

Chocolate Hog
02-12-2010, 01:00 PM
I think the proper tone to set when playing Texas is to do just what KSU has done forever: Punish their QB. Hit him early, hit him often, hit him late. They haven't had a QB finish a game against KSU since Chris Simms.

Mizzou's D is hard to figure. Seems talneted enough and they sure as hell lay wod to KSU, but they fold so terribly against damn near everybody else.

Looking forward to kicking the shit outta them again this season.

Hey thats what Nebraska did and we won...

Wait a second

0:01

The kick is up and good!

Nevermind :(

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Missouri's defense is soft, and it always will be as long as Pinkel is the HC.

It also doesn't help that he coaches against Texas and OU the way Vermeil used to in Denver: scared.

Frazod
02-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Missouri's defense is soft, and it always will be as long as Pinkel is the HC.

It also doesn't help that he coaches against Texas and OU the way Vermeil used to in Denver: scared.

Yeah, we're hamstrung enough playing teams like Texas and Oklahoma without Pinkel being trapped in the headlights.

Damn that guy needs to go. Unfortunately he's entrenched. :banghead:

Ari Chi3fs
02-12-2010, 01:37 PM
The Big Ten doesn't want Missouri, because they don't have strip clubs anymore.

Frazod
02-12-2010, 01:50 PM
The Big Ten doesn't want Missouri, because they don't have strip clubs anymore.

:sulk:

Garcia Bronco
02-12-2010, 02:11 PM
Missouri doesn't even want Missouri. It's a dump. :)

Chocolate Hog
02-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Will the Big 10 allow Mizzou to have a real Tiger at the games?

BWillie
02-12-2010, 02:52 PM
To bad the Big 10 doesn't want Kansas. Has KU not even tried? I would think the most valuable schools to the Big 10 would be Texas by a mile, then Kansas, Oklahoma, and Missouri.

Frazod
02-12-2010, 02:55 PM
To bad the Big 10 doesn't want Kansas. Has KU not even tried? I would think the most valuable schools to the Big 10 would be Texas by a mile, then Kansas, Oklahoma, and Missouri.

Right. Because zero major population centers and wheat is exactly what they're looking for. ROFL

BWillie
02-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Right. Because zero major population centers and wheat is exactly what they're looking for. ROFL

Kansas City market.

I probably should have put Nebraska in there.

I would think the most valuable schools would be

1) Texas
2) Oklahoma
3) Nebraska
4) Kansas
5) Missouri
6) A&M

Frazod
02-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Kansas City market.

1) Texas
2) Oklahoma
3) Nebraska
4) Kansas
5) Missouri
6) A&M & Okie St

Geography-challenged beakers are so much fun. LMAO

patteeu
02-12-2010, 03:01 PM

LMAO

Pablo
02-12-2010, 03:04 PM

And it doesn't exactly take a genious to figure this out.Kansas beats Texas regularly in basketball.

NM, I see you're taking the "football only" stance on this one after reading through.

Mr. Laz
02-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Kansas City market.

1) Texas
2) Oklahoma
3) Nebraska
4) Kansas
5) Missouri
6) A&M
hush fellow beaker ... :redface:

Missouri has KCMO,St. louis and everything between ... KU doesn't have anywhere near that market size.

Marco Polo
02-12-2010, 03:14 PM

Missouri has KCMO,St. louis and everything between ... KU doesn't have anywhere near that market size.

Exactly. I think it'd be:

1. Texas
2. Missouri (not sure how Mizzou ranks though in academics, which don't fool you is a big determination for the Big 10)
3. Rutgers (a lot of talk on this in Big 10 country to get the "New York" market)
4. Pitt

BWillie
02-12-2010, 03:44 PM

You are right about the TV market, but from looking at it at a sheer money that the university brings in, KU is towards the top. I've heard St Louis doesn't care much about college sports, but I don't know how that goes as far as ratings. I'm sure though that Missouri brings in a wider TV market, but I don't think it blows KU out of the water.

I was just making a comment that if I was KU, I would try to do everything in my power to get into the Big 10 if Texas goes.

If I was the Big 10, that'd be a different story. If I was the Big 10 I'd still try to get Rutgers or Syracuse before anybody else for the TV money, and then Texas and Pitt.

Mr. Laz
02-12-2010, 03:53 PM
You are right about the TV market, but from looking at it at a sheer money that the university brings in, KU is towards the top. I've heard St Louis doesn't care much about college sports, but I don't know how that goes as far as ratings.

I was just making a comment that if I was KU, I would try to do everything in my power to get into the Big 10 if Texas goes.

If I was the Big 10, that'd be a different story. If I was the Big 10 I'd still try to get Rutgers or Syracuse before anybody else for the TV money, and then Texas and Pitt.
ya, but i don't think the conference really cares about alum money or anything. I'll they want is marketability.

Now having a successful college image and successful sports teams in the big sports (football,Basketball) helps but it's all about the money.

I mean the Big 10 doesn't care that Missouri is a putrid pile of maggot infested squirrel dung :fire:

they just want the KCMO trailer park and Saint Patoeey t.v. markets.

chiefqueen
02-12-2010, 05:05 PM
Texas won't leave the Big 12 because they have no need to. You could say toughness of schedule, but the Big 10 looks pretty damn tough in basketball. And football is weak now, but I don't forsee it being that way forever.

If it came to leaving the Big 12 would bend over backwards, rearrange teams and put them up in the nice, cushy north division (renamed something else).

I'm not so sure cuz that would mean a trip to Allen every year.

Frazod
02-12-2010, 05:08 PM
Population of Kansas - 2,735,000

Population of Missouri - 5,911,000

Sorry, you lose. Badly.

Bearcat
02-12-2010, 05:24 PM

Sorry, you lose. Badly.

On one hand, a lot of people on the Missouri side are closer to Lawrence than Columbia... OTOH, there are many Chiefs and/or Royals fans in that group, and a true glutton for punishment chooses Mizzou.

Mr. Laz
02-12-2010, 07:17 PM

Sorry, you lose. Badly.
probably cuz you guys move your double wides around so much to dodge all those revenuers that you just get counted twice on the census.

LMAO

|Zach|
02-12-2010, 08:18 PM
You are right about the TV market, but from looking at it at a sheer money that the university brings in, KU is towards the top. I've heard St Louis doesn't care much about college sports, but I don't know how that goes as far as ratings. I'm sure though that Missouri brings in a wider TV market, but I don't think it blows KU out of the water.

You have consistently shown your ass in these B10 conversations.

beer bacon
02-12-2010, 11:04 PM

If you were the Big 10, then MU would be shit out of luck, with the Big 10 being a dumbass Kansas fan and everything.

|Zach|
02-13-2010, 05:17 AM
If you were the Big 10, then MU would be shit out of luck, with the Big 10 being a dumbass Kansas fan and everything.

LMAOLMAO