PDA

View Full Version : Life Last day of work

burt
02-12-2010, 07:19 AM
Last day of work is Monday. We leave for Florida the next Monday. We got a LARGE house in a nice gated community. 5 bedrooms, 3 bath....about 3000 sq. feet.

Bacon Cheeseburger
02-12-2010, 07:20 AM
Did you win the lottery?

BigRedChief
02-12-2010, 07:22 AM
Last day of work is Monday. We leave for Florida the next Monday. We got a LARGE house in a nice gated community. 5 bedrooms, 3 bath....about 3000 sq. feet.jeeezzz where do I sign up?

tyton75
02-12-2010, 07:23 AM
well... bye

BigMeatballDave
02-12-2010, 07:27 AM
Wow. WTF?

RJ
02-12-2010, 07:29 AM
You got a better offer in the car biz?

burt
02-12-2010, 07:31 AM
Did you win the lottery?

No.....just trying to catch up with Dane!ROFL

burt
02-12-2010, 07:34 AM
You got a better offer in the car biz?

Mrs. has job lined up. I don't....but all I have to do is decide where I want to work. I will interview about 6 dealerships before I pick one.

burt
02-12-2010, 07:35 AM
Did you win the lottery?

I put you down as a reference and they begged me to move in!

DMAC
02-12-2010, 07:37 AM
Last day of work is Monday. We leave for Florida the next Monday. We got a LARGE house in a nice gated community. 5 bedrooms, 3 bath....about 3000 sq. feet.Gotta love triple wides. :thumb:

CosmicPal
02-12-2010, 07:37 AM
I will interview about 6 dealerships before I pick one.

You get to pick your jobs these days? With this economy, that must be nice.

Bacon Cheeseburger
02-12-2010, 07:42 AM
Mrs. has job lined up. I don't....but all I have to do is decide where I want to work. I will interview about 6 dealerships before I pick one.
There's a Mrs? I thought you got a divorce? Did you already obtain a replacement? WTF is going on here?

BigMeatballDave
02-12-2010, 07:46 AM
There's a Mrs? I thought you got a divorce? Did you already obtain a replacement? WTF is going on here?Yeah, I'm just as confused as you are. Evidently, they are handing out jobs left and right in Fla.

The Bad Guy
02-12-2010, 07:50 AM
There's a Mrs? I thought you got a divorce? Did you already obtain a replacement? WTF is going on here?

I was under the same impression as well.

Bacon Cheeseburger
02-12-2010, 07:50 AM
Yeah, I'm just as confused as you are. Evidently, they are handing out jobs left and right in Fla.
And wives.

burt
02-12-2010, 07:59 AM

If you are talented enough, you ALWAYS get to pick your job! It helps if you are willing to take a step back down the ladder, from Sales Manager to Salesperson.

CosmicPal
02-12-2010, 08:01 AM
And wives.

I must really suck 'cause if they're handing out jobs and wives in Florida and I'm in Florida and I have neither. :harumph::deevee::deevee::deevee:

Geebus, where are they handing them out around here?

thecoffeeguy
02-12-2010, 08:02 AM
Last day of work is Monday. We leave for Florida the next Monday. We got a LARGE house in a nice gated community. 5 bedrooms, 3 bath....about 3000 sq. feet.

Wooow...whats something like that run in Florida?

Careful of the crocs, snakes and bugs. :)

burt
02-12-2010, 08:02 AM

Reconciled. Hey, everybody makes mistakes....hers was just really big. 15 years of matrimony and memories....not woth losing for a horrid mistake. Besides....she is in her mid 30s now and willing to let me..............well, you know.....anywhere, any time, any way. It is still a little strained, but worthd the work and effort.

burt
02-12-2010, 08:03 AM
I must really suck 'cause if they're handing out jobs and wives in Florida and I'm in Florida and I have neither. :harumph::deevee::deevee::deevee:

Geebus, where are they handing them out around here?

Dude.....both are everywhere.....ya just gotta know how and where to look!

Bearcat
02-12-2010, 08:04 AM
And wives.

Huh.

CosmicPal
02-12-2010, 08:04 AM
If you are talented enough, you ALWAYS get to pick your job! It helps if you are willing to take a step back down the ladder, from Sales Manager to Salesperson.

It helps that you are in a specific industry, but sales jobs are still plentiful.

I, however, am in technology and we got raped. Like gang-raped. Like I can never sit down again kinda raped.

Donger
02-12-2010, 08:05 AM

Sounds very snooty. I approve.

Nzoner
02-12-2010, 08:09 AM
Reconciled. Hey, everybody makes mistakes....hers was just really big. 15 years of matrimony and memories....not woth losing for a horrid mistake. Besides....she is in her mid 30s now and willing to let me..............well, you know.....anywhere, any time, any way. It is still a little strained, but worthd the work and effort.

That's great,best of luck you guys :thumb:

mlyonsd
02-12-2010, 08:09 AM
I always thought Florida sucked......right up until the 4th blizzard anyway.

Bacon Cheeseburger
02-12-2010, 08:10 AM
Well that's great to hear, I'm hoping the best for you guys. And save me one of those bedrooms cuz if next winter is as bad as this one I'm gonna be knockin' at your door.

Fat Elvis

Might be time to change your sig.....

CosmicPal
Dude.....both are everywhere.....ya just gotta know how and where to look!

Really? Got this magical formula down on an E-book?

burt
02-12-2010, 08:16 AM
Might be time to change your sig.....

I have thought that for some time....but I love the quote!

Bwana
02-12-2010, 08:19 AM
Good luck with the move bud, I know things will work out well for you down there.

burt
02-12-2010, 08:21 AM
Good luck with the move bud, I know things will work out well for you down there.

Thats what they said when I got a bikini wax!

Bwana
02-12-2010, 08:23 AM
Thats what they said when I got a bikini wax!
ROFL

Hey, as long as they didn't yank off one of "the twins," all is well.

mcan
02-12-2010, 08:45 AM
We'll miss you around here Burt. Thanks for helping me out with the job man!

Oh crap, I'm posting from work and he's my manager. I guess I'll just have to go sell something to make up for it. :)

Seriously, I never really updated the planet, but burt (and the planet in general) really came through for me back in december when I REALLY needed a job. Now Burt is ditching me for orange groves and ocean front property. What a wangled teb we weave. Bon Voyage Burt.

~~mcan

CosmicPal
02-12-2010, 08:45 AM

I second that, Burt. I don't mean to sound so despondent but I've been down here in Florida and it's been a very long and difficult process. The job market is getting better now and I am personally thrilled because this afternoon I'll be going through what I think will be my final interview process with this company in Naples.

This will be a sweet opportunity for me. They won't pay for the relocation from Tampa, but they'll pay for my apartment. I'll have to work a lot, but I think it will all work out. Geebus, when they asked about my family, I said it was only me and my dog and they said they'd be happy to set up a perk so that my dog has day care on them.

At a time when companies are pulling all of the perks, I'm finding the one that is still giving them away. :thumb:

And in Naples!!! :thumb:

My office is only a couple of blocks off the beach. But before I get too excited, I've got to make it through this final interview process this afternoon. It's a teleconference with the owners. Ugghhh.

burt
02-12-2010, 09:07 AM
We'll miss you around here Burt. Thanks for helping me out with the job man!

Oh crap, I'm posting from work and he's my manager. I guess I'll just have to go sell something to make up for it. :)

Seriously, I never really updated the planet, but burt (and the planet in general) really came through for me back in december when I REALLY needed a job. Now Burt is ditching me for orange groves and ocean front property. What a wangled teb we weave. Bon Voyage Burt.

~~mcan

You're not a Jedi ....yet, but you will be! Plus now you have somwhere to stay in Florida! Now go sell something!

burt
02-12-2010, 09:08 AM
I second that, Burt. I don't mean to sound so despondent but I've been down here in Florida and it's been a very long and difficult process. The job market is getting better now and I am personally thrilled because this afternoon I'll be going through what I think will be my final interview process with this company in Naples.

This will be a sweet opportunity for me. They won't pay for the relocation from Tampa, but they'll pay for my apartment. I'll have to work a lot, but I think it will all work out. Geebus, when they asked about my family, I said it was only me and my dog and they said they'd be happy to set up a perk so that my dog has day care on them.

At a time when companies are pulling all of the perks, I'm finding the one that is still giving them away. :thumb:

And in Naples!!! :thumb:

My office is only a couple of blocks off the beach. But before I get too excited, I've got to make it through this final interview process this afternoon. It's a teleconference with the owners. Ugghhh.

Good luck to you! But stay out of the bride market....way too much work!ROFL

MTG#10
02-12-2010, 09:28 AM
Burt, so you're going to raise her child? Have you met the father? Is he going to be in the kid's life? Yeah I know Im nosey but if you recall Im in the same situation and I cant imagine raising my ex's new baby...good luck anyway...

Fat Elvis
02-12-2010, 09:43 AM
Burt, so you're going to raise her child? Have you met the father? Is he going to be in the kid's life? Yeah I know Im nosey but if you recall Im in the same situation and I cant imagine raising my ex's new baby...good luck anyway...

It isn't the kid's fault. Love the kid with all your heart.

burt
02-12-2010, 10:01 AM

The primary reason we are moving is that my wife has health issues, hip dysplacia. It is exacerbated by cold weather and dramatic weather changes...Florida will help this situation. She also went through some "Female" issues and the baby didn't make it. Its sad...but then again, god works in mysterious ways. I woulda glady raised the child.

DaneMcCloud
02-12-2010, 10:08 AM
The primary reason we are moving is that my wife has health issues, hip dysplacia. It is exacerbated by cold weather and dramatic weather changes...Florida will help this situation. She also went through some "Female" issues and the baby didn't make it. Its sad...but then again, god works in mysterious ways. I woulda glady raised the child.

Well, more power to you, Burt! Best wishes for the move and remember, you'll have no excuses in Florida. Gotta keep working out and exercising.

Good luck with everything!

kc rush
02-12-2010, 10:09 AM
What a strange and interesting turn of events for you. Good luck to you and your family. Enjoy the sun.

I wonder if things are improving in FL, because I did have a recruiter contact me this week about a job down there as well. It wasn't a great fit, so I didn't pursue it, interesting nonetheless.

DaKCMan AP
02-12-2010, 10:14 AM
Welcome to Florida..

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_PUku9g1shog/SWe3Y4EYacI/AAAAAAAAAKg/4p9pGdfpsUU/s400/gators_swamp_3.jpg

MTG#10
02-12-2010, 10:33 AM
It isn't the kid's fault. Love the kid with all your heart.

Im not taking my wife back so I dont have to love it.

Dallas Chief
02-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Welcome to Florida..

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_PUku9g1shog/SWe3Y4EYacI/AAAAAAAAAKg/4p9pGdfpsUU/s400/gators_swamp_3.jpg

Ugh. What a schmendrick!

Frazod
02-12-2010, 10:37 AM
Good luck, Burt.

One piece of advice - under the circumstances (recovering marriage, new location, etc), it might be prudent for you to keep a little "rainy day" fund that the wife doesn't know about tucked away somewhere.

Just a thought.

Iowanian
02-12-2010, 10:40 AM
I just wanted to let you know that schools are closed in parts of florida today, due to snow.

Thanks Global Warming.
Good Luck.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-12-2010, 10:41 AM
Good luck, Burt.

One piece of advise - under the circumstances (recovering marriage, new location, etc), it might be prudent for you to keep a little "rainy day" fund that the wife doesn't know about tucked away somewhere.

Just a thought.

Advice of the year right here.

burt
02-12-2010, 10:41 AM
Welcome to Florida..

I will try to absorb some of your awesomeness.......

MahiMike
02-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Good for you. Welcome to Florida. I suggest you take up fishing. It's so much better here. That, and golf year round...

burt
02-12-2010, 10:43 AM
Good luck, Burt.

One piece of advise - under the circumstances (recovering marriage, new location, etc), it might be prudent for you to keep a little "rainy day" fund that the wife doesn't know about tucked away somewhere.

Just a thought.

ABSOLUTELY! I have already done so! But thanks for the prudent advice. I will listen to your voice of reason, anytime!

Frazod
02-12-2010, 10:47 AM
ABSOLUTELY! I have already done so! But thanks for the prudent advice. I will listen to your voice of reason, anytime!

You should let me manage those funds, just in case. :titus:

burt
02-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Good for you. Welcome to Florida. I suggest you take up fishing. It's so much better here. That, and golf year round...

You shoulda heard the lecture from my Father about "The heat"!!!

Mr. Flopnuts
02-12-2010, 10:50 AM
You should let me manage those funds, just in case. :titus:

Worst advice of the year right here. :p

Frazod
02-12-2010, 10:55 AM
Worst advice of the year right here. :p

Only if he doesn't want to invest in a leather recliner for my Man Cave. :D

vailpass
02-12-2010, 11:03 AM

It car sales. Anyone can get hired. Whether you make a nickel at it is another story.

burt
02-12-2010, 11:20 AM
It car sales. Anyone can get hired. Whether you make a nickel at it is another story.

Yearly goal of 6 figures, but I can make $70 to $80k anywhere in the US! I gots mad skills!

vailpass
02-12-2010, 11:57 AM
Yearly goal of 6 figures, but I can make $70 to $80k anywhere in the US! I gots mad skills!

Congrats. You are thriving in a dying industry. Do you sell high-end vehicles?

The Bad Guy
02-12-2010, 12:00 PM

Very impressive.

burt
02-12-2010, 12:03 PM
Congrats. You are thriving in a dying industry. Do you sell high-end vehicles?

Currently, Chevy

bevischief
02-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Currently, Chevy

The govt...

burt
02-12-2010, 12:24 PM
Lexus or Honda in Florida...so far....

Rain Man
02-12-2010, 12:29 PM
When selecting a gated community, the key is to see whether the barbed wire slants in or slants out.

Fat Elvis
02-12-2010, 12:39 PM
Im not taking my wife back so I dont have to love it.

Burt did.

RJ
02-12-2010, 12:39 PM
When selecting a gated community, the key is to see whether the barbed wire slants in or slants out.

A lot of people wouldn't think to check.

Rain Man
02-12-2010, 12:48 PM
A lot of people wouldn't think to check.

It's a surprisingly common oversight. Records show that nearly half of the people in Bosnian death camps in the early 90s initially went there believing that they were getting no-down-payment condos.

burt
02-12-2010, 01:16 PM
It's a surprisingly common oversight. Records show that nearly half of the people in Bosnian death camps in the early 90s initially went there believing that they were getting no-down-payment condos.

um.......shit.......

redsurfer11
02-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Welcome to Florida. Stay out of the water in Palm Beach till March. Shark migration.

burt
02-13-2010, 09:41 AM
Welcome to Florida. Stay out of the water in Palm Beach till March. Shark migration.

Very valuable advice!!! Thank You!!!!!