PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink LC's BBQ shut down...

Coogs
02-12-2010, 10:27 AM
Didn't see a thread about this, but thought it might have some interest here. I was watching the news at 10:00 PM last night (NBC 41 I think), and they had a piece on LC's bieng shut down due to violations of the health inspection codes.

It has to remain closed until all the violations are brought up to standard.

Mr. Laz
02-12-2010, 10:29 AM
BBQ Restaurant Shut Down For Health Code Violations

POSTED: 6:53 am CST February 12, 2010
UPDATED: 9:41 am CST February 12, 2010

<!--startindex-->KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- LC's Barbeque has been shut down for 12 critical health code violations, leaving the city without one of its longtime favorite for barbeque.In its report, the Kansas City health department noted violations like handwashing procedures, pest issues and sanitation problems.

Among the most damaging violations were the pest issues.The health department's report stated, "Food was not seen as safe, unadulterated and /or honestly presented.

"The report said inspectors found a loaf of bread that had been chewed through by a rodent.The report also said this was not the first time LC's has had food safety violations.

The restaurant is now required to take corrective action before it reopens. LC's staff will have to meet with the Food Protection Program to discuss what they've done to clean the facility before any customers can come back to get food.

Der Flöprer
02-12-2010, 10:30 AM
LMAO If that's one of KC's favorites, it probably won't be for long.

Reaper16
Yeah, I raged about that over Twitter last night. I would hereby like to be the first person to announce a death threat against that health inspector. Fuck that guy, I'm killing him.

Fish
But... that's where all the flavor comes from dammit....

Dave Lane
02-12-2010, 10:31 AM
Shoot now I know why they were closed the other night when I stopped by. Damn good BBQ though.

Reaper16
02-12-2010, 10:32 AM
LMAO If that's one of KC's favorites, it probably won't be for long.
It is, at worst, the second best place for BBQ in KC. Which makes it, at worst, the second best BBQ joint in the world.

This closure is a tragedy that far surpasses the earthquake in Haiti in scope. Shameful shit, KC Health Dept. Shameful shit.

Der Flöprer
02-12-2010, 10:33 AM
It is, at worst, the second best place for BBQ in KC. Which makes it, at worst, the second best BBQ joint in the world.

This closure is a tragedy that far surpasses the earthquake in Haiti in scope. Shameful shit, KC Health Dept. Shameful shit.

Seriously? Rats eating through shit and you're pissed? And I thought you were elitist................

DMAC
02-12-2010, 10:35 AM
That would explain the explosive derrrs i get when i eat there.

Dave Lane
I think Gates at Stateline got shutdown too for a couple weeks. A few years ago.

Reaper16
Seriously? Rats eating through shit and you're pissed? And I thought you were elitist................
Fucking government lies is all it is. This move by the health department has made me renounce all government. I am now a Tea-Partier.

KCUnited
02-12-2010, 10:38 AM
Everybody knows the flavor comes from the counterman's hand. Health inspecting for BBQ should be opposite and freshly washed hands would be cause for closure.

BigRedChief
02-12-2010, 10:38 AM
I think Gates at Stateline got shutdown too for a couple weeks. A few years ago.Damn I eat there a lot.:D

Der Flöprer
02-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Fucking government lies is all it is. This move by the health department has made me renounce all government. I am now a Tea-Partier.

ROFL Sounds like you're leaning toward Alabama over Spokane. :)

MOhillbilly
02-12-2010, 10:44 AM
when i was still a bachelor, sometimes when i was drunk id let the dog lick the plate clean and then reuse it.
meh.:)

Saccopoo
02-12-2010, 10:52 AM
****ing government lies is all it is. This move by the health department has made me renounce all government. I am now a Tea-Partier.

No less than a government conspiracy perpetrated by the Trilateral Commission acting on direct orders from the World Bank and the Bilbergers.

A loaf of bread with purported rodent marks? I know for a fact that it was the lunch for Twinkie, LC's pet dwarf Robo hamster who is exceptionally fastidious.

On a side note, this is why I try to never go to restaurants. I cook better food than the vast majority of them and I never have to worry about if the sous Chef dipped his schwantz into the bearnaise.

Reaper16
02-12-2010, 10:53 AM
when i was still a bachelor, sometimes when i was drunk id let the dog lick the plate clean and then reuse it.
meh.:)
Yeah! Dog's tongues are very clean!

sedated
02-12-2010, 10:55 AM
I won’t argue with rodent infestation, but some of the health violation citations don’t make much sense to me. I worked at an Italian place with the dirties kitchen I’ve ever seen; just as one example, when it rained, brown water/slime would drip onto the table where we put the finished food. Never had any violations. Then I worked at a breakfast place here in KC, and the GM was a fuggin health code nazi; all she did was walk around and make sure the temps were right everywhere and everyone was keeping the place clean. I heard later they had a few violations, and I was shocked.

Saccopoo
02-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Yeah! Dog's tongues are very clean!

Well, if you can discount their penchant for eating each others feces and licking their own testicles after they rolled in a bloated carp carcass, then yeah, I'd say that dogs, for not having the ability to gargle and brush their teeth (and that feces thing), have pretty damn clear mouths.

Der Flöprer
02-12-2010, 11:02 AM
Well, if you can discount their penchant for eating each others feces and licking their own testicles after they rolled in a bloated carp carcass, then yeah, I'd say that dogs, for not having the ability to gargle and brush their teeth (and that feces thing), have pretty damn clear mouths.

LOL You're not very smart about dogs. They produce a natural cleansing agent that cleans their mouths out every 7 seconds. In other words, they can eat shit and still have a cleaner mouth than you.

gblowfish
02-12-2010, 11:03 AM
There's about a 1/4" of grease on the walls in that place.

gblowfish
02-12-2010, 11:04 AM
No less than a government conspiracy perpetrated by the Trilateral Commission acting on direct orders from the World Bank and the Bilbergers.

A loaf of bread with purported rodent marks? I know for a fact that it was the lunch for Twinkie, LC's pet dwarf Robo hamster who is exceptionally fastidious.

On a side note, this is why I try to never go to restaurants. I cook better food than the vast majority of them and I never have to worry about if the sous Chef dipped his schwantz into the bearnaise.

This may be the most psychotic post I've ever read on the CP.
I can see Saccopoo hiding in his basement with a tin foil beanie on his head, muttering obscene things about the Masons.

Bravo!

Saccopoo
02-12-2010, 11:08 AM
LOL You're not very smart about dogs. They produce a natural cleansing agent that cleans their mouths out every 7 seconds. In other words, they can eat shit and still have a cleaner mouth than you.

Isn't is about time for you to get back to sorting the mail Mr. Clavin?

wazu
02-12-2010, 11:09 AM
I've actually never been to L.C.s, mainly because some of my buddies who are barbecue experts only rate it as "pretty good". Sounds like they've got a problem that goes beyond the violations cited. Hard to believe that management is going to suddenly "find Jesus" and change the way they operate all day, every day.

MOhillbilly
02-12-2010, 11:12 AM

meh i was drinkin whiskey. Kills all the bad germs and whatnot. watdaicare anyway...

Coogs
02-12-2010, 11:13 AM

LMAO

Der Flöprer
02-12-2010, 11:14 AM

ROFL That's great.

KCFANinNC
02-12-2010, 11:15 AM
All great BBQ would not pass health inspections. The best stuff is cooked at too low of temps, and too long to pass their standards.

Buehler445
02-12-2010, 11:15 AM
I won’t argue with rodent infestation, but some of the health violation citations don’t make much sense to me. I worked at an Italian place with the dirties kitchen I’ve ever seen; just as one example, when it rained, brown water/slime would drip onto the table where we put the finished food. Never had any violations. Then I worked at a breakfast place here in KC, and the GM was a fuggin health code nazi; all she did was walk around and make sure the temps were right everywhere and everyone was keeping the place clean. I heard later they had a few violations, and I was shocked.

Typically with government inspectors, once they come and find something they continue to come frequently.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dave Lane
02-12-2010, 11:16 AM
There's about a 1/4" of grease on the walls in that place.

and floors

Sure-Oz
02-12-2010, 11:20 AM
I've never been to LC's, i was told it was good bbq, oops

MOhillbilly
02-12-2010, 11:21 AM
I've never been to LC's, i was told it was good bbq, oops

The sauce is better than the Q imo.

Iowanian
02-12-2010, 11:42 AM
Maybe the owners should work a little harder at keeping it up to health code.

I like their BBQ, but I really don't want to share the bread on my burned ends with a rat and I'd prefer the employee wash his hands after taking a shit before touching my food.

Saccopoo
02-12-2010, 12:43 PM

Oh, and I had to run real quick, but I watched a Discovery Channel program on this very subject not too log ago. It's a myth, a fallacy that a dogs mouth is cleaner than a humans.

http:///urbanlegends.about.com/od/dogs/a/dog_breath.htm

http://www.wisegeek.com/are-dogs-mouths-really-cleaner-than-humans.htm

I'd hate for you to go through your entire life thinking that it was okay to be french kissing your dog right after he cleaned his anus. (With the obvious exception of immediate sterilization through the imbibement of an alcoholic beverage as outlined by MO earlier in the thread.)

Some guys like to kiss their significant others mouth after fellatio. In all honesty, kissing a dog on the mouth is probably more sanitary than that.

KC native
02-12-2010, 12:47 PM
:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:
God damn it. I'm going back to KC today for a not so pleasant circumstance and was looking forward to running by there.

cookster50
02-12-2010, 12:57 PM
I'm going back to KC today for a not so pleasant circumstance and was looking forward to running by there.
Think of this as an opportunity to try a better locale, such as Big T's right down the road from LC's(this coming from a burnt end fan, if you don't like burnt ends, then Big T's may not be for you, I don't know, I always get burnt ends).

soopamanluva
02-12-2010, 01:40 PM
About time somebody shut it down. My pops used tell me stories about the cook digging in his ass and cooking the ribs. I heard that story from multiple people

sedated
02-12-2010, 01:56 PM
Some guys like to kiss their significant others mouth after fellatio. In all honesty, kissing a dog on the mouth is probably more sanitary than that.

do you never go down on your woman? isn't that just as unsanitary as kissing her after she's done down there?

Stewie
02-12-2010, 04:01 PM
LC's opened at 95th and I-35 about 6-7 years ago. They were in the spot that is now Mi Ranchito. I ate there a few times but after a while the restaurant was disgusting. Greasy (slippery) floors and the kitchen was a mess. In that restaurant you can see everything that goes on in the kitchen from the dining area and it wasn't appetizing. I think they lasted a couple of years, if that.

PunkinDrublic
02-12-2010, 04:16 PM
I'd like to point out that a health code violating LCs is still better than most of the top BBQ joints in other regions of the country.
Posted via Mobile Device

Demonpenz
02-12-2010, 04:30 PM
bbq places tend to be nasty,

POND_OF_RED
02-12-2010, 04:50 PM
People are way too uptight about health codes IMO. If they actually served the bread that would be a different story. Rodents are bound to enter a restaraunt because there's fucking FOOD there. That's what fucking rodents do, they scrounge for food. I can guarantee there isn't one restaraunt in the United States who hasn't had at least one rodent come through the kitchen. I just try not to think about it. It's not like they were serving the rodent on a plate for you to eat.

stlchiefs
02-12-2010, 04:57 PM
Well that makes my decision easy for me. It was always a toss up between LCs and Oklahoma Joes for #1 in my book. That was some good Q, but I'm sorry I can't do the whole rat shit on the floor and sharing my bread with mice thing. I knew the place wasn't the cleanest when I was in there, but that's just a bit too far for me.

Fish
02-12-2010, 04:58 PM
Sigh.... at least it won't be so crowded when it opens back up.... I can't wait...

stlchiefs
02-12-2010, 05:01 PM
Sigh.... at least it won't be so crowded when it opens back up.... I can't wait...

Yeah, a couple less rats in the back. :p

Reaper16
02-18-2010, 11:06 AM
L.C.'s passed re-inspection and opened back up yesterday.

Fish
02-18-2010, 11:21 AM
PBJ

KC native
02-18-2010, 11:28 AM
L.C.'s passed re-inspection and opened back up yesterday.

Of course, I came back to TX on Tuesday.

gblowfish
02-18-2010, 12:16 PM
Man, you missed out on the rat ribs, rat burn ins and rat combo.
Parts is parts!

Phobia
02-18-2010, 01:09 PM

No, no, no. I don't know where you've eaten but it's never once impressed me. In fact, I've been thoroughly disappointed the two times I've offered them my money. I'm pretty dumb but I'm not giving them my money a third time.

Der Flöprer
02-18-2010, 01:18 PM
I'm so glad I don't live in KC. I'd be eating bbq everyday and getting fatter rather than the other way around.

Reaper16
02-18-2010, 01:22 PM
No, no, no. I don't know where you've eaten but it's never once impressed me. In fact, I've been thoroughly disappointed the two times I've offered them my money. I'm pretty dumb but I'm not giving them my money a third time.
They have been known to give lesser or older food to touristy-looking white folks. They save their finest for the regulars. I always wear Royals clothes and Air Force 1's and they give me the proper treatment.

KC native
02-18-2010, 01:26 PM
They have been known to give lesser or older food to touristy-looking white folks. They save their finest for the regulars. I always wear Royals clothes and Air Force 1's and they give me the proper treatment.

THIS. I've been going to LC's since it opened and since I live out of town I make sure to make a comment about being home so they remember me.

Fish
02-18-2010, 01:27 PM

My BBQ experience consists mainly of consumption, but I love the place. Preferred over Bryants and Gates. Their spicy sauce is a highlight, but the meat quality has always been good too. The burnt end sammich and the smoked chicken is pretty tough to beat. Huge portions.

Fish
02-18-2010, 01:35 PM
Phil, I'm curious what your criticisms of LC's were? You know a helluva lot more about BBQ than I.