PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Told Ya: Dems Readying Strategy To Reconcile Obamacare First

RINGLEADER
02-12-2010, 11:57 AM
This whole "summit" is a ruse to try and justify/convert Dem congresspeople to something I told you was being worked on weeks ago: Theyre going to reconcile a bill in the Senate that doesn't exist then make sure Obama signs them in a certain order to get around the legalities. Just pure madness.

From the San Francisco Examiner:

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's senior health care advisor has told Congress Daily that congressional Democratic leaders have settled on a strategy they believe will allow them to make changes in both Senate and House Obamacare bills, then send a single, revised version to President Obama for signature.

Congress Daily is a subscription-only publication, but LifeNews.com has these details:
"In comments reported by Congress Daily, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s top health care aide Wendell Primus admitted top Democrats have already decided on the strategy to pass the Senate's pro-abortion, government-run health care bill.

"Primus explained that the Senate will use the controversial reconciliation strategy that will have the House approve the Senate bill and both the House and Senate okaying changes to the bill that the Senate will sign off on by preventing Republicans from filibustering.

“'The trick in all of this is that the president would have to sign the Senate bill first, then the reconciliation bill second, and the reconciliation bill would trump the Senate bill,' Primus said at the National Health Policy Conference hosted by Academy Health and Health Affairs.

“'There's a certain skill, there's a trick, but I think we'll get it done,' he said."

The comments from Primus raise an obvious question: Since it is inconveible that Democratic congressional leaders are moving in this direction without the knowledge of the White House, why call a health care summit and challenge congressional Republicans to come with their best ideas when the plan is already in place to use legislative trickery to pass Obamacare?

The most logical answer would seem to be that the summit is part and parcel of a White House/congressional Democratic strategy to distract attention from what is about to happen on the Hill. It's the classic magician's trick of distracting you with the left hand while the right hand does the "trick."

http://www.sfexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Pelosi-aide-says-health-care-summit-is-part-of-legislative-trick-to-pass-Obamacare-84025262.html

BigRedChief
02-12-2010, 12:00 PM
If you think Democrats arn't going to pass something labeled health care reform you haven't been paying attention to politics very long.

They got nothing but downside without a passed bill.

KC Dan
02-12-2010, 12:12 PM
And, WE got nothing but downside when they pass it. F'n great...

Royal Fanatic
02-12-2010, 12:15 PM
If you think Democrats arn't going to pass something labeled health care reform you haven't been paying attention to politics very long.

That's the fucking problem. They are determined to pass SOMETHING. It doesn't matter that it's a bloated 2000 page monstrosity that the vast majority of the citizens don't want. Pass something. Anything.

wild1
02-12-2010, 12:15 PM
It's hard to buy, in a way - Reid doesn't have the cajones to pass a stimulus bill because of the consequences he'd face at the ballot box, but he's going to execute the health care economy by use of a daisy chain of technicalities?

I don't buy it. They didn't do this when they could at least dubiously claim they had a clear mandate, how could they attempt it now?

talastan
02-12-2010, 12:30 PM
It's hard to buy, in a way - Reid doesn't have the cajones to pass a stimulus bill because of the consequences he'd face at the ballot box, but he's going to execute the health care economy by use of a daisy chain of technicalities?

I don't buy it. They didn't do this when they could at least dubiously claim they had a clear mandate, how could they attempt it now?

Because after the Scott Brown victory the people won't be paying attention. They think that the HC bill is dead. :shake:

wild1
02-12-2010, 12:57 PM
Because after the Scott Brown victory the people won't be paying attention. They think that the HC bill is dead. :shake:

Maybe so, but I don't see how they would stomp on the sleeping dragon's tail like this if that were true. Those up for election are going to spend most of their time distancing themselves from health care, cap and trade, and the stimulus package- even if they have votes that are going to be hard to run from. How will they explain in October a vote from that same spring or summer?

Perhaps Reid thinks they are going to get slaughtered no matter what so they may as well do as much damage as they can while there is yet time?

Garcia Bronco
02-12-2010, 12:58 PM

It doesn't matter, the democrats have nothing but downside.

BigRedChief
02-12-2010, 01:02 PM
It doesn't matter, the democrats have nothing but downside.Isn't that always the truth? Get to the top and then get knocked back down.

Royal Fanatic
02-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Isn't that always the truth? Get to the top and then get knocked back down.

Actually they knocked themselves down.

BigChiefFan
02-12-2010, 03:07 PM
And, WE got nothing but downside when they pass it. F'n great...

I agree. Why do they insist on cramming crap down the taxpayers throats? Our federal government is out of control.

I'm all for INSURANCE REFORM, but the government isn't supposed to be in the insurance business. The sad part of it is, both sides are at fault. It's the same wolves in sheep's clothing. The only difference is the name of the party. The majority of the politicians aren't serving John Q. Public, they're serving the corporations. You said it right, if this passes, we're screwed. Enough taxes, already.

We will still pay premiums, PLUS TAXES. What an absolute disgrace.

Chief Henry
02-12-2010, 04:02 PM
The dems have not learned a GD thing after Ner Jersey, Virginia and Massachusettes.

It seems like I remember Obama saying something in a campaign speech once how
President Bush should pay attention to the polls because the polls reflected what the
American people want. Look at this crap he and his party are attempting to pull off.
He and his buttwipe congress people should get a clue about what the American people
DON'T WANT.

ChiefaRoo
02-12-2010, 04:09 PM

They pass it and commit suicide at the same time. It'll take the next Conservative congress to turn this disaster around if they do it.

BigRedChief
02-12-2010, 06:35 PM
They pass it and commit suicide at the same time. It'll take the next Conservative congress to turn this disaster around if they do it.you can forget that. The Dems will payback the fillibusters. Welcome to gridlock.

max sleeper
02-12-2010, 08:41 PM
This whole "summit" is a ruse to try and justify/convert Dem congresspeople to something I told you was being worked on weeks ago: Theyre going to reconcile a bill in the Senate that doesn't exist then make sure Obama signs them in a certain order to get around the legalities. Just pure madness.

From the San Francisco Examiner:

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's senior health care advisor has told Congress Daily that congressional Democratic leaders have settled on a strategy they believe will allow them to make changes in both Senate and House Obamacare bills, then send a single, revised version to President Obama for signature.

Congress Daily is a subscription-only publication, but LifeNews.com has these details:
"In comments reported by Congress Daily, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s top health care aide Wendell Primus admitted top Democrats have already decided on the strategy to pass the Senate's pro-abortion, government-run health care bill.

"Primus explained that the Senate will use the controversial reconciliation strategy that will have the House approve the Senate bill and both the House and Senate okaying changes to the bill that the Senate will sign off on by preventing Republicans from filibustering.

“'The trick in all of this is that the president would have to sign the Senate bill first, then the reconciliation bill second, and the reconciliation bill would trump the Senate bill,' Primus said at the National Health Policy Conference hosted by Academy Health and Health Affairs.

“'There's a certain skill, there's a trick, but I think we'll get it done,' he said."

The comments from Primus raise an obvious question: Since it is inconveible that Democratic congressional leaders are moving in this direction without the knowledge of the White House, why call a health care summit and challenge congressional Republicans to come with their best ideas when the plan is already in place to use legislative trickery to pass Obamacare?

The most logical answer would seem to be that the summit is part and parcel of a White House/congressional Democratic strategy to distract attention from what is about to happen on the Hill. It's the classic magician's trick of distracting you with the left hand while the right hand does the "trick."

http://www.sfexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Pelosi-aide-says-health-care-summit-is-part-of-legislative-trick-to-pass-Obamacare-84025262.html

:LOL: Man I am glad you Told ME THIS b4 anyone else did! You are so fuggin cool being the wise know everything guy on DC! I can finally sleep tonight knowing you have the answers and info I will need to get those evil Dems.... and you will have it before anyone else in the world!

Saul Good
02-12-2010, 09:07 PM
you can forget that. The Dems will payback the fillibusters. Welcome to gridlock.

The Dems use reconciliation, and you think that they will then be able to use the filibuster against the ensuing Republican majority? Think again. It's called the nuclear option for a reason.

Saul Good
02-12-2010, 09:08 PM
:LOL: Man I am glad you Told ME THIS b4 anyone else did! You are so fuggin cool being the wise know everything guy on DC! I can finally sleep tonight knowing you have the answers and info I will need to get those evil Dems.... and you will have it before anyone else in the world!

The next time someone bitches about SPRAYER, I'm going to counter with sleeper.

ChiefaRoo
02-13-2010, 06:29 PM
you can forget that. The Dems will payback the fillibusters. Welcome to gridlock.

There won't be any lib Dems left to fillibuster. The country has rejected this administration and congress. Nov. is going to be a bloodbath for the D's and the pathetic little r's

go bowe
02-13-2010, 10:29 PM
scoreboard, baby...

scoreboard...

the dems won the election, they had the numbers this time around...

personally, i think the time has come to do away with filibusters altogether, for both sides...