PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports ***Winter Olympics Thread***

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

chiefs1111
02-21-2010, 07:53 PM
hell yeah empty net goal seals it

Mr. Laz
Do you believe in Miracles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KCUnited
Fucking effort!!

alanm
02-21-2010, 07:54 PM
OH HELL YES!!!!!

FAX
Man, that last 3 minutes was insane.

FAX

kstater
Who had Laz?

chiefs1111
great freaking game

'Hamas' Jenkins
That was one of the coolest fucking things I've ever seen.

Fruit Ninja
I am not a hockey fan at all, but holy fuck that was exciting.

kstater
Awesome W. Still only means an extra day of rest.

FAX
02-21-2010, 07:55 PM
Damn mooser hit our guy with his stick!!!

FAX

Guru
holy shit

JBucc
Even on the shitty ustream that was fucking exciting as hell.

KCUnited
USAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSA

Silock
U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

FAX
Damn mooser pushed our guy while he was on the ice!!!

FAX

chiefs1111
02-21-2010, 07:56 PM
and with this win USA get an extra day of rest which is good for them..

FAX
02-21-2010, 07:56 PM
I didn't see the whole game, but Miller played one hell of a third period.

FAX

Ebolapox
02-21-2010, 07:57 PM
holy SHIT what a game!

FAX
Take that, moosers.

FAX

Mr. Laz
Who had Laz?huh?

Bearcat
Awesome, awesome game... and there's another at 11ct. :)

GloryDayz
02-21-2010, 07:58 PM
Those last two minutes made me question if we were even in their half of the ice..

Guru
Have you tried nbcolympics.com?

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/assetid=ce23e903-3e58-4657-bbc2-92c7ee1d9463.html#live+now+canada+u+s

You have to go through some sign up stuff to prove you pay for cable, but if nothing else is working, you might try it. :shrug:Had to use my mothers Cox account to get in. My account wont' work because Cox reset everything and I can't find our bill to re register.

Chocolate Hog
U-S-A!!!!!!!!!

KC_Connection
02-21-2010, 08:01 PM
Ryan Miller won this game. Ridiculous.

Canada has a tough road now....Germany first and then in all likelihood, Russia, in the quarters.

USA has a chance to win the gold as long as Miller keeps playing like that.

Delano
02-21-2010, 08:02 PM
I heard Miller on Rome a few weeks ago and he is a great interview.

He made a big fan out of me that day and tonight. Wowee.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaWolf
02-21-2010, 08:04 PM
That was a sweeeeet game and one of the best empty net goals you'll ever see. What an effort! Ryan Miller kicked ass...

OnTheWarpath58
02-21-2010, 08:04 PM
Awesome.

Only a prelim game, but to beat the Hosers on home ice is huge.

The empty netter really tells the story of the game:

Effort.

USA had it, the Canadians didn't. Rick Nash was really the Canadian to have a good game, IMO.

Canada has to be feeling the heat a bit. Needed a shootout to win their last game, then lose to the Americans.

Great job, boys. Herbie would be proud.

The Poz
02-21-2010, 08:09 PM
Effort.

USA had it, the Canadians didn't. Rick Nash was really the Canadian to have a good game, IMO.

Canada has to be feeling the heat a bit. Needed a shootout to win their last game, then lose to the Americans.

Can't say I agree with you on the "effort" part. Canada did outshoot the U.S. 45 - 23.
A fantastic game from Miller and subpar game from Brodeur was the difference.

Deberg_1990
heh...Michaels and Collinsworth doing their damnedest to sell hockey to the Olympics predominantly female audience.

Typical American female: "Just take us back to the Ice Dancing NBC!!!"

Sully
Two great games today!
And still a chance to see the Swedes whip some Fin ass tonight.

Pitt Gorilla
02-21-2010, 08:10 PM
Canada had a freaking all-star team.

Chocolate Hog
02-21-2010, 08:13 PM
This had the feeling of a football game it was that good.

Bearcat
02-21-2010, 08:17 PM
Two great games today!
And still a chance to see the Swedes whip some Fin ass tonight.

Yeah, I have a mancrush on Peter Forsberg.

OnTheWarpath58
02-21-2010, 08:17 PM
Can't say I agree with you on the "effort" part. Canada did outshoot the U.S. 45 - 23.

Shots don't equal effort, in my book.

Canada's "best players" weren't Canada's best players tonight. Crosby was fucking invisible until he was gifted a late PP goal, as an example. They have WAY more talent than any other roster in the tournament, but they sure aren't playing like it. They're playing like they think they can just step on the ice and that's all it takes to win.

USA did the little things it takes to win, and Canada didn't, for the second straight game. This time, they weren't lucky enough to overcome it.

Bearcat
02-21-2010, 08:18 PM
Canada had a freaking all-star team.

Yeah, and they don't even have the most talent in the tournament.

OnTheWarpath58
02-21-2010, 08:19 PM
Yeah, and they don't even have the most talent in the tournament.

Please tell me you're being sarcastic.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-21-2010, 08:20 PM
Ryan Miller eats God for breakfast.

Chocolate Hog
02-21-2010, 08:20 PM
The Canucks said the refs won it for the US lol.

Bearcat
02-21-2010, 08:21 PM
Shots don't equal effort, in my book.

Canada's "best players" weren't Canada's best players tonight. Crosby was ****ing invisible until he was gifted a late PP goal, as an example. They have WAY more talent than any other roster in the tournament, but they sure aren't playing like it. They're playing like they think they can just step on the ice and that's all it takes to win.

USA did the little things it takes to win, and Canada didn't, for the second straight game. This time, they weren't lucky enough to overcome it.

Heh, didn't see this before I posted... Russia is stacked. They were in the toughest group and still got 7 points out of it.

KC_Connection

Bingo. I thought most of the Canadians gave their full effort...they just ran into the best goalie in the world.

OnTheWarpath58

What?

Who the fuck said that?

The only bad call in the game was the call on Erik Johnson that got Canada back in it.

FAX
02-21-2010, 08:22 PM
Awesome.

Only a prelim game, but to beat the Hosers on home ice is huge.

The empty netter really tells the story of the game:

Effort.

It's a blow to the moosers, to be certain. They have to win four in a row to get the gold, now. That's not going to be easy. Of course, we have to win three. Should be interesting.

FAX

Bearcat
Please tell me you're being sarcastic.

Nope, look at them...

http://www.nbcolympics.com/hockey/teams/team=5/index.html

Chiefs4TheWin
That was an excellent game.

KC_Connection
Heh, didn't see this before I posted... Russia is stacked. They were in the toughest group and still got 7 points out of it.
When (or if???) Canada beats Germany, it looks like they'll be facing Russia in the QF. One of them isn't going home with a medal.

OnTheWarpath58

Agree to disagree.

(not saying Russia is some pushover, but IMO, Canada has more talent top to bottom)

KC_Connection
02-21-2010, 08:23 PM
Yeah, I have a mancrush on Peter Forsberg.
Sundin's gone from 2006...that will hurt them a lot.

DaFace
02-21-2010, 08:23 PM
This had the feeling of a football game it was that good.

It's tough to get into, I know, but I'll take playoff hockey over playoff football any day.

KC_Connection
02-21-2010, 08:24 PM
Who said that?

Chocolate Hog
02-21-2010, 08:25 PM
What?

Who the **** said that?

The only bad call in the game was the call on Erik Johnson that got Canada back in it.

Some Canucks on another board. They're assholes when it comes to hockey.

OnTheWarpath58
02-21-2010, 08:25 PM
Some Canucks on another board. They're assholes when it comes to hockey.

Oh, I thought you meant one of the players.

KC_Connection
02-21-2010, 08:26 PM
Ovechkin makes his presence known in one way or another every game. He has such a multi-faceted game, and opposing teams have to focus on him whenever he steps on the ice. Crosby isn't anywhere near as good as that, and anyone who watched both games today would have seen that.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-21-2010, 08:27 PM
Those Canucks are fucking wasted bad.

Deberg_1990
02-21-2010, 08:29 PM
On MSNC right now: Canadians on the street dont seem too upset about it. Looks like they all just want to get drunk.

Bearcat
02-21-2010, 08:29 PM
When (or if???) Canada beats Germany, it looks like they'll be facing Russia in the QF. One of them isn't going home with a medal.

I was hoping that would be the final, assuming Team USA wasn't ready (but with Miller, who knows).... that would be a helluva QF.

Chocolate Hog
02-21-2010, 08:31 PM
Those bitches got NAFTA'D (hockey got sent south).

KC_Connection
02-21-2010, 08:32 PM
On MSNC right now: Canadians on the street dont seem too upset about it. Looks like they all just want to get drunk.
I'm not too upset. It was always going to come down to winning 3-4 straight elimination games for Canada, which will obviously be tough to do. These international hockey tournaments are just as crazy as March Madness.

Drew
02-21-2010, 08:32 PM
I'm canadian and I'm livid with the performance of our entire team. With a FEW exceptions this team has collectively choked. From alpine skiing to both skating disciplines to the sliding sports its been an embarrassment! If losers with Canada clothing on want to go downtown and get drunk and stagger around singing our anthem good for them but this teams medal count will be WAY under expectations.We are a DNF joke and I'm pissed. Congrats to the USA for a tremendous effort-you should be proud. Me? I'm ashamed and its probably gonna get worse.

DaFace
02-21-2010, 08:34 PM
OK, so if I'm reading all the tiebreaker stuff right, a 60-minute win by Finland tonight puts them in the 1st seed position. Anything else (overtime win or Sweden win) puts the U.S. in First.

So GO FOPPA (and the rest of the Swedes) tonight.

KC_Connection
02-21-2010, 08:39 PM
I'm canadian and I'm livid with the performance of our entire team. With a FEW exceptions this team has collectively choked. From alpine skiing to both skating disciplines to the sliding sports its been an embarrassment! If losers with Canada clothing on want to go downtown and get drunk and stagger around singing our anthem good for them but this teams medal count will be WAY under expectations.We are a DNF joke and I'm pissed. Congrats to the USA for a tremendous effort-you should be proud. Me? I'm ashamed and its probably gonna get worse.
Why do you care so much about the medal count of athletes that you will stop giving a shit about in 2 weeks?

I've never understood why people care. It's not you that's done the work to get there.

DaFace
02-21-2010, 08:40 PM
Here's the full standings if anyone cares.

Rank Team GP GS Pts GD GF WR
1D United States 3 1 9 9 14 5
2D Russia 3 1 7 7 13 1
3D Finland 2 1 6 9 10 4
4D Sweden 2 2 6 4 6 3
5D Czech Republic 3 2 6 3 10 6
6D Canada 3 2 5 7 14 2
7D Slovakia 3 3 5 5 9 9
8D Switzerland 3 3 3 −2 8 7
9D Belarus 3 3 3 −4 8 8
10D Norway 3 4 1 −14 5 11
11D Germany 3 4 0 −9 3 12
12D Latvia 3 4 0 −15 4 10

KC_Connection
02-21-2010, 08:44 PM
Canada 1st in ice dancing...you've got to love it.

Drew
02-21-2010, 08:44 PM
Why do you care so much about the medal count of athletes that you will stop giving a shit about in 2 weeks?

I've never understood why people care. It's not you that's done the work to get there.

I care because all these athletes went to our federal gov't and asked for outrageous sums of $ and justified it by saying the games are in our backyard and we need extra funding so we can "Own The Podium". They got the extra funding and its been a complete and utter disaster. What a waste of money. That's why I care.

DaFace
02-21-2010, 08:47 PM
I officially deem ice dancing the most useless of all Olympic sports. And I'm including summer and winter in that statement.

There's nothing else on for the next 1:15 or so, and I am considering turning this shit off.

(And I'm delayed on NBC compared to the rest of you if that clarifies anything.)

The Poz
02-21-2010, 08:47 PM
What game were some of you watching? Lack of effort from Canada? Canada lost because of Miller and a couple of serious bone-head plays in their own end from Niedermayer and Brodeur that resulted in goals for Rafalski and Drury. Almost another due to Pronger's stupidity.
The puck was in the U.S' end all game. Yes, there were some players who were invisible out there (Iginla, I'm looking your way) but tonight's loss wasn't the result of a lack of effort. It was stupid plays and a hot goalie. Brodeur was hardly tested tonight. Any other night while with Jersey, Brodeur doesn't let in more than one of those shots.
Don't be surprised to see Luongo next.
I'm not too concerned at this point, maybe a little but back 8 years ago when Canada won the the Gold they did loose early to Sweden then took it the rest of the way.
The U.S. won fair and square and I do wish them lot's of luck the rest of the way. If Canada can't do it then I'm definitely rooting Red, White and Blue. We both play the same style and they're a lot of American players I highly respect, except Kesler, I want to give that whiney bitch a two hander.

Sully
02-21-2010, 08:48 PM
OK, so if I'm reading all the tiebreaker stuff right, a 60-minute win by Finland tonight puts them in the 1st seed position. Anything else (overtime win or Sweden win) puts the U.S. in First.

So GO FOPPA (and the rest of the Swedes) tonight.

Go Red Wings East!

KC_Connection
I care because all these athletes went to our federal gov't and asked for outrageous sums of $ and justified it by saying the games are in our backyard and we need extra funding so we can "Own The Podium". They got the extra funding and its been a complete and utter disaster. What a waste of money. That's why I care.
The athletes didn't ask for that money, the federal government gave it to them willingly after winning the bid in Vancouver. And if you are so worried about medals, you'd know that Canada will get a ton of them in the final week here. Do some ****ing research.

I'll never understand why people whine so damn much about people that they've never followed or never will follow ever again.

DaFace
What game were some of you watching? Lack of effort from Canada? Canada lost because of Miller and a couple of serious bone-head plays in their own end from Niedermayer and Brodeur that resulted in goals for Rafalski and Drury. Almost another due to Pronger's stupidity.
The puck was in the U.S' end all game. Yes, there were some players who were invisible out there (Iginla, I'm looking your way) but tonight's loss wasn't the result of a lack of effort. It was stupid plays and a hot goalie. Brodeur was hardly tested tonight. Any other night while with Jersey, Brodeur doesn't let in more than one of those shots.
I'm not too concerned at this point, maybe a little but back 8 years ago when Canada won the the Gold they did loose early to Sweden then took it the rest of the way.
The U.S. won fair and square and I do wish them lot's of luck the rest of the way. If Canada can't do it then I'm definitely rooting Red, White and Blue. We both play the same style and they're a lot of American players I highly respect, except Kesler, I want to give that whiney bitch a two hander.

I tend to agree. Miller stood on his head tonight. Otherwise, it was a pretty even game all around. Canada ruled on shots, but they were just throwing most of them at the net. USA was picking and choosing more and, therefore, got more quality shots off.

Pitt Gorilla
02-21-2010, 08:49 PM
It's tough to get into, I know, but I'll take playoff hockey over playoff football any day.Eh, I love both. NHL playoffs are full of win.

Drew
02-21-2010, 08:52 PM
The athletes didn't ask for that money, the federal government gave it to them willingly after winning the bid in Vancouver. And if you are so worried about medals, you'd know that Canada will get a ton of them in the final week here. Do some ****ing research.

I'll never understand why people whine so damn much about people that they've never followed or never will follow ever again.

Do some research? Ok ass-clown if you're so smart tell me what events Canada is gonna clean up in? I didn't realize I was conversing with an expert. Whine back in reply plz.

KC_Connection
02-21-2010, 08:52 PM

Brian Burke has built a good team. It's about time that he did the same with the Leafs.

Dartgod
02-21-2010, 08:54 PM
The Canucks said the refs won it for the US lol.Petegz is Canadian?

Drew
02-21-2010, 08:55 PM
Brian Burke has built a good team. It's about time that he did the same with the Leafs.

Oh you are a LEAFS fan- that would explain it. Enjoy the golf course- it's just around the corner.

KC_Connection
02-21-2010, 08:56 PM
Do some research? Ok ass-clown if you're so smart tell me what events Canada is gonna clean up in? I didn't realize I was conversing with an expert. Whine back in reply plz.
I am Canadian, you stupid Vancouver ****face.

They'll win numerous medals in hockey, curling, speed skating, short track, and apparently these ice dancers have all but locked up a medal.

http://wintergames.ap.org/story.aspx?st=id&id=154df946a7af484f9722b487ccb2537d

KC_Connection
02-21-2010, 08:57 PM
Oh you are a LEAFS fan- that would explain it. Enjoy the golf course- it's just around the corner.
Because the Canucks are a powerhouse, right?

Drew
02-21-2010, 09:05 PM

Not a canucks fan, I'm a chiefs fan. You don't have to live in Canada and have to love your local team. Don't care about the canucks one bit. I play the game , I don't watch it. And I'm born and raised here. Now if your vocabulary is so limited that you have to constantly use ******* in all your posts maybe you should quit spending so much time on this site and go back and get your G. E. D. Just a thought.

Now who's getting all worked up? Enjoy the -C Temps. Be sure to plug your block heater in on your Ford Fiesta. Have a great night!

KCinNY
02-21-2010, 09:06 PM
I was bitching about Chris Drury being on the roster instead of TJ Oshie...but I'll admit I was wrong. Drury was a rock on the penalty kill and played his ass off during Canada's late game barrage.

DaFace
02-21-2010, 09:06 PM
Calm down, you crazy Canadians. You guys are supposed to be the friendly ones.

KC_Connection
02-21-2010, 09:08 PM
Not a canucks fan, I'm a chiefs fan. You don't have to live in Canada and have to love your local team. Don't care about the canucks one bit. I play the game , I don't watch it. And I'm born and raised here. Now if your vocabulary is so limited that you have to constantly use ******* in all your posts maybe you should quit spending so much time on this site and go back and get your G. E. D. Just a thought.

I just get frustrated with idiocy easily. It's my fault.

Which NHL team do you follow, if not the Canucks?

Drew
02-21-2010, 09:09 PM

Perhaps you are correct sir but all this guy does is come on here and rip everything that people say, nothing positive, everyone's an idiot and they don't know anything. It's TIRED and played out. Go away already.

KC_Connection
02-21-2010, 09:10 PM
Most other Canadians have a bit of an inferiority complex about people from Toronto. So it's understandable.

The Poz
02-21-2010, 09:10 PM

And I thought we were all pot smokers.

KC_Connection
02-21-2010, 09:11 PM
Perhaps you are correct sir but all this guy does is come on here and rip everything that people say, nothing positive, everyone's an idiot and they don't know anything. It's TIRED and played out. Go away already.
I rip everything people say? Nothing positive? WTF are you talking about? LMAO.

POND_OF_RED
02-21-2010, 09:11 PM
I don't see why the Canadiens are getting all worked up. They still have curling.

Chocolate Hog
02-21-2010, 09:15 PM
:drool:Perhaps you are correct sir but all this guy does is come on here and rip everything that people say, nothing positive, everyone's an idiot and they don't know anything. It's TIRED and played out. Go away already.

Be nice or else Qubec will seperate from Canada.

KC_Connection
02-21-2010, 09:16 PM
Be nice or else Qubec will seperate from Canada.
lol. They've been threatening that for years. I wouldn't be too upset if it happened, but it's never going to.

Drew
02-21-2010, 09:17 PM
I just get frustrated with idiocy easily. It's my fault.

Which NHL team do you follow, if not the Canucks?

I do not have a NHL team that I follow sir. I am a diehard KC chiefs fan going back to the Bill Kenney Joe Delaney era. I get the sunday ticket every year and don't miss a game. When Seattle was in the afc west I went down every year and have been to arrowhead 3 times. This is my team and as you can attest it's been several tough seasons of late. I'm not a band-wagoner or a frontrunner; in fact I love the chiefs more than ever. If you are ever in Vancouver and you need a place to watch the game I'd be happy to have you over-I like bud cans. Other than watching Don Cherry I watch very little HNIC because its so swayed towards your leafs. Let me know when your cominG out for a visit and please, wear RED! Is that more canadian?!

Chocolate Hog
02-21-2010, 09:20 PM
lol. They've been threatening that for years. I wouldn't be too upset if it happened, but it's never going to.

Qubecious are assholes.

KC_Connection
02-21-2010, 09:22 PM
I do not have a NHL team that I follow sir. I am a diehard KC chiefs fan going back to the Bill Kenney Joe Delaney era. I get the sunday ticket every year and don't miss a game. When Seattle was in the afc west I went down every year and have been to arrowhead 3 times. This is my team and as you can attest it's been several tough seasons of late. I'm not a band-wagoner or a frontrunner; in fact I love the chiefs more than ever. If you are ever in Vancouver and you need a place to watch the game I'd be happy to have you over-I like bud cans. Other than watching Don Cherry I watch very little HNIC because its so swayed towards your leafs. Let me know when your cominG out for a visit and please, wear RED! Is that more canadian?!
Yes, yes, we're all Chiefs fans. And yes, these are troubled times for this franchise.

I'm just surprised you don't watch a professional hockey team.

KC_Connection
02-21-2010, 09:22 PM
Qubecious are assholes.
I've been to Quebec City once...that was enough.

Drew
02-21-2010, 09:23 PM
Qubecious are assholes.

As KC connection said if frenchy wants to go then GO. No one in Canada wants them; they are a bunch of brooding malcontents who are never happy. I'd love to see their economy after a few years. their own currency, their own health care, good luck!

The Poz
02-21-2010, 09:30 PM
As KC connection said if frenchy wants to go then GO. No one in Canada wants them; they are a bunch of brooding malcontents who are never happy. I'd love to see their economy after a few years. their own currency, their own health care, good luck!

Just make sure they leave their women behind. I always look forward to when someone's stag is coming up - weekend in Montreal!!!

Drew
02-21-2010, 09:32 PM
Yes, yes, we're all Chiefs fans. And yes, these are troubled times for this franchise.

I'm just surprised you don't watch a professional hockey team.

I play the game and crank out about 70-80 games a year. So to be honest I get sick of it. I play goal. I'm not big on Luongo(overrated). I like Pekka Rinne and Bryzgalov and was a huge Pelle Lindbergh fan back in the day. (His porsche is my avatar). The best part is this town is canuck-crazy but what they don't realize is the canucks will NEVER EVER win a cup. I'm convinced of it. Yeah they came close in '94 but there is such a culture of losing, choking, and apathy in the organization I can't see it happening. You should see it out here: all these losers who bust out their car flags for the playoffs and when the canucks bow oiut the flags are GONE. My Chiefs decal on my truck and mini helmet on my dash are there 365.

KC_Connection
02-21-2010, 09:41 PM
I stopped playing hockey a few years ago precisely for that reason. I got sick of it. Too bad, I suppose, it was probably my best sport.

Bearcat
02-21-2010, 09:47 PM
I was bitching about Chris Drury being on the roster instead of TJ Oshie...but I'll admit I was wrong. Drury was a rock on the penalty kill and played his ass off during Canada's late game barrage.

I've watched him a lot over the years, so I was a surprised at how so many people were angry over the decision, even though I haven't watched him much in the past year or two. When USA beat Russia a couple of Olympics ago, it was Chris Drury who was killing time by fighting off two Russians in the Russian zone, and stuff like that will never make the headlines.... the effort he puts into each game is simply amazing. He's won at every level... he's a walking cliche.

Bearcat
02-21-2010, 09:50 PM
I play the game and crank out about 70-80 games a year. So to be honest I get sick of it. I play goal. I'm not big on Luongo(overrated). I like Pekka Rinne and Bryzgalov and was a huge Pelle Lindbergh fan back in the day. (His porsche is my avatar). The best part is this town is canuck-crazy but what they don't realize is the canucks will NEVER EVER win a cup. I'm convinced of it. Yeah they came close in '94 but there is such a culture of losing, choking, and apathy in the organization I can't see it happening. You should see it out here: all these losers who bust out their car flags for the playoffs and when the canucks bow oiut the flags are GONE. My Chiefs decal on my truck and mini helmet on my dash are there 365.

Uh, what? :spock:

The guy has almost a 92% career save percentage, and a lot of that was with the Florida Panthers... if anything, he's one of the most underrated goalies of all time.

DaFace
02-21-2010, 10:08 PM
Sweden starts the game by taking a penalty. Bastards.

DaFace
02-21-2010, 10:15 PM
52 second 5 on 3 coming up.

DaFace
02-21-2010, 10:16 PM
GOAL SWEDEN!!!

Reerun_KC
02-21-2010, 10:16 PM
52 second 5 on 3 coming up.

Sweden made them pay quickly....

Drew
02-21-2010, 10:17 PM
Uh, what? :spock:

The guy has almost a 92% career save percentage, and a lot of that was with the Florida Panthers... if anything, he's one of the most underrated goalies of all time.

Save percentage is the most ridiculous stat. its meaningless. say a guy comes down the wing on a 2 on 1 and the goalie comes out and takes the angle away. the guy shoots and missis the net because he had no net to shoot at. does the goalie get credit for a save? No.

The fact is Luongo has limited playoff experience, he's overworked and is prone to injury and fatigue because he insists on playing all the games. he's also inconsistent, has been chased from several starts in the last month and a 12 year old could handle the puck better than him. so yeah he'll play vs germany and have a 16 shot shutout and then everyone will say he should start against russia. Id go back to brodeur, experienced and a better goalie.

DaFace
02-21-2010, 10:17 PM
Sweden made them pay quickly....

With the talent Sweden has at forward, I'd almost be more surprised if they DIDN'T convert a 5 on 3.

Bearcat
02-21-2010, 10:18 PM
Did you see Peter Forsberg on that play? Simply amazing.

Okay, he wasn't on the ice, but if he had been....

Silock
02-21-2010, 10:21 PM
Save percentage is the most ridiculous stat. its meaningless. say a guy comes down the wing on a 2 on 1 and the goalie comes out and takes the angle away. the guy shoots and missis the net because he had no net to shoot at. does the goalie get credit for a save? No.

The fact is Luongo has limited playoff experience, he's overworked and is prone to injury and fatigue because he insists on playing all the games. he's also inconsistent, has been chased from several starts in the last month and a 12 year old could handle the puck better than him. so yeah he'll play vs germany and have a 16 shot shutout and then everyone will say he should start against russia. Id go back to brodeur, experienced and a better goalie.

Seems like you guys are fucked no matter what you do. Brodeur has been flat-out awful.

KC_Connection
02-21-2010, 10:23 PM
Did you see Peter Forsberg on that play? Simply amazing.

Okay, he wasn't on the ice, but if he had been....

haha, what's up with you and Peter Forsberg?

Bearcat
02-21-2010, 10:25 PM

Well, his save percentage would be better in your scenario, so I don't see how that proves your point. I know you can cherry-pick stats to make people look good, but stopping the puck is a pretty important one. GAA can be deceiving based on who's in front of you, but the guy stood on his head for the Panthers, taking a ton of shots and stopping 91%+. Then again, you're Canadian and a goalie, so what do I know, eh?

And yeah, Brodeur isn't swiss cheese... I'd take him, too.

blaise
02-21-2010, 10:26 PM
I've watched him a lot over the years, so I was a surprised at how so many people were angry over the decision, even though I haven't watched him much in the past year or two. When USA beat Russia a couple of Olympics ago, it was Chris Drury who was killing time by fighting off two Russians in the Russian zone, and stuff like that will never make the headlines.... the effort he puts into each game is simply amazing. He's won at every level... he's a walking cliche.

He's the kind of guy you want on your team, especially on an Olympic team. I watched him a lot over his career, especially when he played for Buffalo. I understood why the Sabres didn't resign him because, as much as I liked it when he played there, he's not a guy you necessarily want to give a big contract to. But he's such a heady guy and the puck seems to find him in those big moments. If I was on the other team I wouldn't like to see him near the net with the puck in a big moment.

DaFace
02-21-2010, 10:26 PM
It's crazy to see how much slower this game is than the last one. Still fast-paced compared to a normal NHL game, but the USA-Canada game was just intense for the full 60 minutes.

Bearcat
02-21-2010, 10:29 PM
haha, what's up with you and Peter Forsberg?

Uh, yeah, mancrush...... I watched him a lot when he was on the Avalanche, and when he was healthy, he was the best player on the ice. He slows the game down and has insanely good vision.

Damn ankles...

Bearcat
02-21-2010, 10:30 PM
Uh, yeah, mancrush...... I watched him a lot when he was on the Avalanche, and when he was healthy, he was the best player on the ice. He slows the game down and has insanely good vision.

Damn ankles...

Oh, and he's on a stamp... how many people do you know that are on a stamp?

http://www.ansports.com/cool/Forsberg.jpg

DaFace
02-21-2010, 10:31 PM

Damn ankles...

He almost got a sweet shot off just there. He's a lot slower than he used to be, but his stick handling is still unreal.

FAX
02-21-2010, 10:32 PM
It's crazy to see how much slower this game is than the last one. Still fast-paced compared to a normal NHL game, but the USA-Canada game was just intense for the full 60 minutes.

The US team is really fast on their skates. Really fast. Going forward, I hope they continue to stay aggressive on offense. If they can keep up that kind of speed and intensity (and if they don't run into some goalie whose stars have aligned just right), they'll be damn difficult to beat.

FAX

FAX
02-21-2010, 10:44 PM
Elvis had a stamp. And Porky Pig had a stamp. So did the Three Stooges. Hell, nowadays, you can put yourself on a stamp. Or, if you wish, you can take a digital photo of a hobo down by the tracks as he's cooking up some worms and beans and put his ass on a stamp. Or, if a Raider fan wanted to, he could steal a camera and take a picture of his pet skunk and make a stamp out of that. Except for the fact that, as soon as he showed his face at the Post Office, somebody would recognize him from the wanted poster on the wall and he'd be arrested after the wild cross-town chase when he rammed his '87 Camry into an overpass abutment at a top speed of 35 miles an hour. He could still use the stamp to correspond with his ex-wife in an effort to convince her to smuggle some weed into the joint, though. Except that he can't write, of course. So, he'd have to get a cell-mate to do that part. Except that the cell-mate would probably get paroled sooner and look up the ex-wife on his own and they would conspire to kill the guy for the $200 in life insurance. But, he could is all I'm saying.

FAX

Bearcat
02-21-2010, 10:46 PM
Shut up, FAX.

Reerun_KC
02-21-2010, 10:56 PM
Germany made up some ground today on the over all medal count... We were up by a sizeable amount yesterday, now only up 6...

Reerun_KC
02-21-2010, 10:56 PM
Shut up, FAX.

Not nice....

FAX
02-21-2010, 10:57 PM
Santa Claus had a stamp. And so did that guy who took the first steps on the moon ... if we really did go to the moon, that is. If we didn't and it was just a big fake deal pulled off by NASA it order to fool everybody and convince the world that we really had a handle on the science even though the computer necessary to run the spaceship would have weighed about 2 tons back in those days and wouldn't have fit in the command module anyhow and the television pictures they showed of him climbing down the ladder and taking the first moon steps were actually shot on a sound stage somewhere in California, the guy who pretended he took the first steps on the moon had a stamp. And so did Roy Rogers. He had a stamp. Trigger was on it, too.

FAX

DaFace
02-21-2010, 11:01 PM
Swedes score again. 2-0!

Looking like the U.S. has a damn good chance at that #1 seed. :)

FAX
02-21-2010, 11:01 PM
In fact, I think Trigger had his own stamp. I'm not sure it was the original Trigger, though. It might have been Trigger number three ... or four. There were lots of Triggers. Roy lived like forever and went through a ton of horses. But what was really sad was the fact that, unfortunately for all concerned, the Post Office changed the postal rates after they released his stamp and they had to pull their Trigger.

FAX

blaise
02-21-2010, 11:03 PM
In fact, I think Trigger had his own stamp. I'm not sure it was the original Trigger, though. It might have been Trigger number three ... or four. There were lots of Triggers. Roy lived like forever and went through a ton of horses. But what was really sad was the fact that, unfortunately for all concerned, the Post Office changed the postal rates after they released his stamp and they had to pull their Trigger.

FAX

They used Trigger to make the glue for the stamps.

Bearcat
Not nice....

:D

Okay, so how many athletes have stamps?

2-0 Sweden... once again, Peter Forsberg would have been crucial on the play, had he been on the ice.

Drew
Well, his save percentage would be better in your scenario, so I don't see how that proves your point. I know you can cherry-pick stats to make people look good, but stopping the puck is a pretty important one. GAA can be deceiving based on who's in front of you, but the guy stood on his head for the Panthers, taking a ton of shots and stopping 91%+. Then again, you're Canadian and a goalie, so what do I know, eh?

Some of your points are valid, and I am impressed with your knowledge of the game. I just don't see Luongo being the guy. Yes he stood on his head for the panthers but he never took them to the playoffs and while the teams in front of him were not that great to me it means he's not a truly elite goalie. Brodeur has not played well and although he is considered one of the best puck-handling goalies of all time he made a couple of critical mistakes. I don't see them going with Luongo and winning gold. Just my opinion ; I could be wrong. Watch the canucks in the playoffs this year. They won't make it past round 2 and he'll be a big part of that.

Bearcat
02-21-2010, 11:08 PM
Had those two Finns not been there, it would have been a perfect pass by Forsberg.

Drew
02-21-2010, 11:12 PM

Some of your points are valid, and I am impressed with your knowledge of the game. I just don't see Luongo being the guy. Yes he stood on his head for the panthers but he never took them to the playoffs and while the teams in front of him were not that great to me it means he's not a truly elite goalie. Brodeur has not played well and although he is considered one of the best puck-handling goalies of all time he made a couple of critical mistakes. I don't see them going with Luongo and winning gold. Just my opinion ; I could be wrong. Watch the canucks in the playoffs this year. They won't make it past round 2 and he'll be a big part of that.

FAX
02-21-2010, 11:12 PM
Not nice....

It's okay, Mr. Reerun_KC.

Some people don't like talking stamps, I guess. And, he's not alone. It's pretty obvious that Mr. Bearcat and Mr. blaise don't like my posts. I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way and just haven't said anything. I guess I'll just stop posting. It's not like anybody really appreciates my stamp knowledge, anyhow ... or, my Iceman puns, either, for that matter. I might as well be a Raider fan or a Donk fan. Thanks for the support, but it looks like the writing is on the wall and it's time to set aside my posting efforts and get started on my Columbian Drug Lord career.

FAX DE SALSA VON QUESO EL PABLO

DaFace
02-21-2010, 11:14 PM
Ruh roh. Fins on a 5 on 3 PP.

Interestingly, I just realized that the Avs PA announcer dude is really popular. He's doing the PA for the Olympic hockey games.

blaise
02-21-2010, 11:15 PM
Sweden is dumb to take these penalties. Finland hasn't even shown they can get a good shot on goal.

DaFace
Jeez - ANOTHER 5 on 3.

Ebolapox
that canadian female curler? she wasn't as..... COLD AS ICE.

must've been playing....HEAD GAMES

I'll just assume she had..... DOUBLE VISION...on that last one.

blaise
02-21-2010, 11:16 PM

Some people don't like talking stamps, I guess. And, he's not alone. It's pretty obvious that Mr. Bearcat and Mr. blaise don't like my posts. I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way and just haven't said anything. I guess I'll just stop posting. It's not like anybody really appreciates my stamp knowledge, anyhow ... or, my Iceman puns, either, for that matter. I might as well be a Raider fan or a Donk fan. Thanks for the support, but it looks like the writing is on the wall and it's time to set aside my posting efforts and get started on my Columbian Drug Lord career.

I was just kidding around in the other thread. Iceman, chill out, etc.

Bearcat
02-21-2010, 11:18 PM

Respect alone will keep Marty in net, and yeah, when it comes down to it the guy has 3 Cups and a gold medal... he's earned it. Too bad he can't setup all those awards behind him against Russia (jk).

colt459
02-21-2010, 11:19 PM

Well then they should put Fluery in. He has the most upside but also downside...
When he is on he is great but that could be my die hard penguin side talking haha. Your right about Luongo, he is great during the regular season, but playoffs he seems to crack under the pressure.

DJ's left nut
02-21-2010, 11:19 PM

Not really.

But at last they aren't all fuckheads like the Leafs fans. You jackasses are worse than Yankees fans.

"Eh, that guys good and plays for some team not on Toronto...he'll be a Leaf, eh. If he's not a Leaf, it's because he's a no-talent pussy and we don't want him."

Guess it makes sense that you're also a 'Beaker.

I'm pretty sure I hate you.

DaFace
02-21-2010, 11:20 PM
I'm not all that impressed with the refs in this game.

Bearcat
02-21-2010, 11:21 PM

Aww... I didn't mean anything by it, Mr FAX. You're one of my favorite posters. *chest bump*

blaise
02-21-2010, 11:22 PM
I'm not all that impressed with the refs in this game.

No, and not just this game. Too many calls overall. Guys might as well just start taking dives. It seems like you'll get the call.

DaFace
02-21-2010, 11:23 PM
3-0 Swedes. Unless something crazy happens, US will be #1. Nice.

DJ's left nut

When Luongo's not fighting the puck he's the best in the world. His positioning is nearly perfect, he has good size, good instincts and great speed.

I've seen games that I was certain could've gone for 160 minutes with 80 SOG and nothing was getting by Luongo. He has as much raw talent as any goalie I've ever seen.

You'll never know what you have in him if you don't give him a chance. Canada is behind the 8-ball right now, it's time for them to swing for the fences. Another 'off' game by an aging Brodeur and you guys are going home without a medal. Put your most talented goalie out there and trust that he has the fortitude to carry you. He's the only chance you have against an absolutely loaded Russian squad.

I respect the hell out of Brodeur, but Luongo is the only way you win the 4 in a row you're going to need. Get him in, get him hot, and hope. Luongo has a level to his game that Brodeur no longer has. Put him between the pipes and hope he finds it.

blaise
Not really.

But at last they aren't all ****heads like the Leafs fans. You jackasses are worse than Yankees fans.

"Eh, that guys good and plays for some team not on Toronto...he'll be a Leaf, eh. If he's not a Leaf, it's because he's a no-talent pussy and we don't want him."

Why bother hating Leaf fans? They don't win anything anyway.

DJ's left nut
02-21-2010, 11:25 PM
3-0 Swedes. Unless something crazy happens, US will be #1. Nice.

Now I just want to see a skate cut FLoppa's jugular and tonight will be golden.

Screw that diving Swede. Biggest, most talented MFer on the ice for a decade and you could knock him over with a feather.

DIAF, Forsberg.

blaise
02-21-2010, 11:26 PM
It's going to be 4-0 pretty quick.

Bearcat
02-21-2010, 11:27 PM
*crossing both of DJ's nuts off the Christmas card list*

I've never met the right one, but I'm starting to get a bad feeling about him already...

DJ's left nut
02-21-2010, 11:27 PM
Why bother hating Leaf fans? They don't win anything anyway.

By that logic I'd give the Cubs fans a pass as well.

And there's nobody more fun to hate than your average Cubs fan. Their combination of drunkenness, arrogance, and complete delusion just makes them a perfect storm of douchebag.

P.S. Time to start rooting for the Fins; if Sweden wins by 6, US gets the 2 seed.

KC_Connection
02-21-2010, 11:28 PM
Not really.

But at last they aren't all ****heads like the Leafs fans. You jackasses are worse than Yankees fans.

If only the Leafs were actually good, eh. There isn't much worse than being a Toronto sports fan.

DaFace
02-21-2010, 11:31 PM
It's going to be 4-0 pretty quick.

Heh...I just hope they don't go TOO crazy. If they win by 6 points, they take over the #1 seed.

DJ's left nut
02-21-2010, 11:31 PM
BTW, Drew - is that Dany Heatley's car in your avatar?

Oh wait, Dany drives Italian, doesn't he?

KC_Connection
02-21-2010, 11:34 PM

I don't see them winning gold no matter who they choose. But I suspect they'll pick Luongo. Brodeur was shaky...real shaky.

DJ's left nut
02-21-2010, 11:39 PM
Note to NBC: Please send interviewers that actually know things about hockey to interview hockey players.

In an interview with Jagr -- "What do you have to tell your young guys, especially Petr Cajanek, about settling down..."

Cajanek is 34 years old. He sucks at hockey. He is not young and no amount of mentoring from Jaromir Jagr will make him any good. Please do some homework before you interview a player next time, especially if you intend to refer to a particular player.

Drew
02-21-2010, 11:50 PM
that canadian female curler? she wasn't as..... COLD AS ICE.

must've been playing....HEAD GAMES

I'll just assume she had..... DOUBLE VISION...on that last one.

FEMALE CANADIAN SKIP- NICE TITS . CHECK THEM OUT

DJ's left nut
02-22-2010, 12:20 AM
And with a 3-0 win over Finland, the Swedes just made sure USA gets the #1 seed in the medal rounds.

It looked for a minute like Finland may just get beat badly enough for Sweden to grab that #1 slot from us, but they tightened up at the end.

What a great draw for the US. The winner of Switzerland/Belarus in round 1, then the winner of Czech Rep/Finland in round 2 and they're playing for the gold.

Canada, meanwhile, would have to beat Germany, Russa and Sweden to get to the gold medal game.

That loss was huge for Canada.

DJ's left nut
02-22-2010, 12:49 AM
Watching the end of the USA/Canada game, the PP for Canada was a good one but the call was on the wrong player.

Eric Johnson didn't trip anyone. Chris Drury, OTOH, couldn't have had a more egregious penatly had he pulled out a glock and shot a guy. He hooked Marleau clear as day. From behind him, Drury snagged Marleau's left skate and raised it. Drury even lost his stick because he couldn't free it from Marleau's skate as he went down.

It was pretty blatant.

Willie Lanier
02-22-2010, 01:42 AM
Now I just want to see a skate cut FLoppa's jugular and tonight will be golden.

Screw that diving Swede. Biggest, most talented MFer on the ice for a decade and you could knock him over with a feather.

DIAF, Forsberg.

Sorry, but, please, Peter the great was a pleasure to watch and a large reason I developed an interest in the sport. He missed a year after his spleen was removed, and yes, his laundry list of nagging injuries is long, but the guy was a constant draw and an intriguing player.

JD10367
02-22-2010, 06:45 AM
I officially deem ice dancing the most useless of all Olympic sports. And I'm including summer and winter in that statement.

I keep seeing that sentiment here. And I keep responding that any activity involving chicks with hot bodies in tight bodysuits skiing towards me crotch-first with one leg raised can't be all bad.

Now, if you want to specify MEN'S ice dancing, maybe... Although I'm still on the fence as to which side Johnny Weir falls on...

http://www.iceskatingintnl.com/images/nationals/us%202005%20Weir.jpg

JD10367
02-22-2010, 06:47 AM

The most pleasant surprise of this year's games to me has been the fact that a lot of the curling women are pretty good-looking. Canada, the Scandinavian countries, Russia... cute chicks abounding.

KC_Connection
02-22-2010, 02:34 PM
Luongo to start.

JD10367
02-22-2010, 06:48 PM
"Hey, it's the Winter Olympics. Let's waste prime time interviewing Michael Phelps, and showing Bob Costas arriving by seaplane!"

Is there a flaming antifreeze-covered AIDS tree big enough for NBC? I think not.

Drew
02-22-2010, 08:16 PM
BTW, Drew - is that Dany Heatley's car in your avatar?

Oh wait, Dany drives Italian, doesn't he?

Ha-Ha. Hilarious. Its Pelle Lindbergh's Porsche after his '85 fatal accident. He had it up to 565 horse. left a bar drunk 530 am. Put it into the retaining wall and stairs of a nearby school at about 80 mpg. no seatbelt. brain dead. turn the machines off, ba-bye.

JD10367
02-22-2010, 08:34 PM
Ha-Ha. Hilarious. Its Pelle Lindbergh's Porsche after his '85 fatal accident. He had it up to 565 horse. left a bar drunk 530 am. Put it into the retaining wall and stairs of a nearby school at about 80 mpg. no seatbelt. brain dead. turn the machines off, ba-bye.

What a sad waste.

Of a Porsche.

Deberg_1990
02-22-2010, 08:43 PM
If all you watched were NBC's primetime coverage, you would think that the only sport in the winter olympics was figure skating.

JD10367
02-22-2010, 08:46 PM
If all you watched were NBC's primetime coverage, you would think that the only sport in the winter olympics was figure skating.

Simple. It's a sport chicks dig, so they figure it'll command better ratings.

Also, since they prefer prime-time to be live stuff, that automatically means indoor shit like ice skating, hockey, and speed skating.

This one's kinda scary, but the British chick in the white outfit who was on a little while ago had killer thighs...

JD10367
02-22-2010, 09:17 PM
This American girl skating now, I feel bad for her. I try not to be shallow about looks, but... she would be SO pretty, if it weren't for the fact that she's got eyes like the Budweiser lizard. :shake: They need to be about one inch more towards her nose.

Ebolapox
02-22-2010, 09:23 PM

(did you note the foreigner song references? heh)

yeah--there's some damned good...'talent'...in curling... :p

JD10367
02-22-2010, 09:36 PM
Judging by this crowd's cheering, I smell some "home cooking" coming up for this Canadian dance pair.... Might as well put their name on the Gold now.

Ebolapox
02-22-2010, 09:41 PM
Judging by this crowd's cheering, I smell some "home cooking" coming up for this Canadian dance pair.... Might as well put their name on the Gold now.

not to admit to having watched ice dancing (flipping channels, saw most of both 'runs' or whatever you call them), I didn't see the canuck's dancing as three points higher than the american team's dancing. home cooking? at this point, who cares.

JD10367
02-22-2010, 09:42 PM
not to admit to having watched ice dancing (flipping channels, saw most of both 'runs' or whatever you call them), I didn't see the canuck's dancing as three points higher than the american team's dancing. home cooking? at this point, who cares.

We'll just have to kick their ass in hockey to make up for it. :D

Besides, we have to keep an eye on those damn Krauts, they're sneaking up in the overall medal count and are only a few behind now...

KC_Connection
02-22-2010, 09:43 PM
Simple. It's a sport chicks dig, so they figure it'll command better ratings.

Also, since they prefer prime-time to be live stuff, that automatically means indoor shit like ice skating, hockey, and speed skating.

This one's kinda scary, but the British chick in the white outfit who was on a little while ago had killer thighs...

Also a lot of opportunities for commercial breaks.

Supposedly Canada is going to win gold in the ice dance....

KC_Connection
02-22-2010, 09:44 PM
I can't tell the difference between any of them, and I'm not sure how anybody else can.

Ebolapox
02-22-2010, 09:45 PM
We'll just have to kick their ass in hockey to make up for it. :D

Besides, we have to keep an eye on those damn Krauts, they're sneaking up in the overall medal count and are only a few behind now...

heh, indeed. freaking jermaine's halved the gap today before this evening's events (was six before start of events today, was three last I checked this afternoon)

Ebolapox
02-22-2010, 09:47 PM
I can't tell the difference between any of them, and I'm not sure how anybody else can.

there's gotta be SOME way to differentiate between routines other than costumes, etc.

hell, it'd be hilarious to see one of these ice-dancing teams TOTALLY whipe out during their routine--that way it would make watching it more like neck-car racing.

KC_Connection
02-22-2010, 09:48 PM
I guess if they aren't in sync, you can knock off some points for that. Other than that, I don't know.

alnorth
02-22-2010, 09:55 PM
What the hell. You skate with a partner literally wearing grips while your opponents have to actually hold on, and that gets 101+ points?

How much did those Russians pay off for those judges?

KC_Connection
02-22-2010, 10:00 PM
Gold bitches. Who cares about hockey when you've got ice dancing to carry you?

JD10367
02-22-2010, 10:03 PM
heh, indeed. freaking jermaine's halved the gap today before this evening's events (was six before start of events today, was three last I checked this afternoon)

Well, the U.S. just picked up a Silver in ice dancing.

Speaking of ice dancing... anyone else find the brother/sister partners just a BIT creepy? I mean, ew.

Guru
02-22-2010, 10:06 PM
What the hell. You skate with a partner literally wearing grips while your opponents have to actually hold on, and that gets 101+ points?

How much did those Russians pay off for those judges?Grips? What?

Ebolapox
02-22-2010, 10:16 PM
Grips? What?

she had freaking ropes around her body as part of her costume.

Guru
02-22-2010, 10:29 PM
she had freaking ropes around her body as part of her costume.Guess I don't see how that would really aid them as if he is holding on to her ropes they would risk a "Wardrobe malfunction."

I didn't see them so I really have no idea what happened or how they were used.

Reerun_KC
02-22-2010, 10:37 PM
Sucks that the Germans made up some serious ground on us in the last 2 days with the medal count.

alnorth
02-22-2010, 10:41 PM
Guess I don't see how that would really aid them as if he is holding on to her ropes they would risk a "Wardrobe malfunction."

I didn't see them so I really have no idea what happened or how they were used.

The experts commented on that and predicted it would be outlawed next year.

Rather than having to hold on to her for those spins and lifts, the dude would literally grab the rope she was wearing and swing her around without actually touching her body at all. It would be comically pathetic if it didnt get them a high score and push our other USA team out of the bronze medal.

WoodDraw
02-23-2010, 07:39 AM
http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2010/02/nbcs_olympic_coverage_manages.html

Another good article on NBC's lacking coverage.

JD10367
02-23-2010, 10:15 AM
If it's noon, and the USA channel, it must be curling. No wonder it's the most-watched Olympic sport; it seems to be the only f**king thing their air.

JD10367
02-23-2010, 01:49 PM
Whoa. That skiing chick just had an "agony of defeat" moment. Those arms and legs look like they took some unnatural bends.

JD10367
02-23-2010, 01:52 PM
Peggy Fleming and Dorothy Hamill have aged pretty well. Wouldn't call them babes, but I've seen a lot worse in a lot younger form.

Bearcat
02-23-2010, 03:47 PM
USA vs Switzerland tomorrow afternoon... the other 3 games tomorrow should be much better. Team USA came out dominating the Swiss in the first game, even though it was only 3-1.

munkey
02-23-2010, 04:15 PM
Well, the U.S. just picked up a Silver in ice dancing.

Speaking of ice dancing... anyone else find the brother/sister partners just a BIT creepy? I mean, ew.

there was a creepy show about a year ago with mother/son and father/daughter dance teams...one word for it....WRONG....

Bearcat
02-23-2010, 05:55 PM
America Jr. up 1-0 vs Germany... should just about do it.

Canada vs Russia tomorrow will be epic.

JD10367
02-23-2010, 06:06 PM
Women's figure skating tonight... oops, I mean, "ice dancing".

First up is an Asian girl from Australia. Kind of freaks me out when they're this young. She's almost 17. From the waist down she looks 21, from the waist up she looks 12. :shake:

JD10367
02-23-2010, 06:17 PM
Man, these bobsledding chicks look lke they could play running back in the NFL with those thighs.

Delano
02-23-2010, 06:23 PM
Man, these bobsledding chicks look lke they could play running back in the NFL with those thighs.

Several of these ladies are also members of the olympic softball club.
Posted via Mobile Device

RJ
02-23-2010, 06:26 PM
I tried to watch the Winter Olympics. I wanted to enjoy them. But I can't. I can no more watch the Winter Olympics that I can watch that dancing with stars crap or Oprah.

What's that CP saying about pussification?

I apologize in advance if this is a repost.

Pasta Giant Meatball
02-23-2010, 06:30 PM
Canada just scored on a goal where the puck went through the net and out the back. Wasn't ruled a goal until after review.

chiefs1111
02-23-2010, 06:40 PM
4-0 Canada

ArrowheadHawk
02-23-2010, 06:43 PM
Canada monster got woke up by the US.

ArrowheadHawk
02-23-2010, 06:45 PM
Penalty shot coming up.

ArrowheadHawk
02-23-2010, 06:45 PM
Crosby rejected.

JD10367
02-23-2010, 06:48 PM
I tried to watch the Winter Olympics. I wanted to enjoy them. But I can't. I can no more watch the Winter Olympics that I can watch that dancing with stars crap or Oprah.

What's that CP saying about pussification?

I apologize in advance if this is a repost.

The Olympics are a substitute for war, just like any other sporting event. It's no different from soccer, or the NFL, or MLB. In lieu of one town or country kicking the shit out of its neighbor, sports pit athletes against one another, doing things that the Average Joe usually can't. These people train all their lives to battle against others in their sport who are at the top of their sport. Most of these athletes, even the prissy ice dancers, probably have enough stamina and muscle tone to kick the living shit out of most of us fat-ass keyboard-jockeys. So I ask, in all seriousness: what the f**k does the Winter Olympics have to do with "Dancing With The Stars", Oprah, or pussification? Really?

mlyonsd
02-23-2010, 06:50 PM
Skicross on now. This rocks.

RJ
02-23-2010, 06:59 PM
The Olympics are a substitute for war, just like any other sporting event. It's no different from soccer, or the NFL, or MLB. In lieu of one town or country kicking the shit out of its neighbor, sports pit athletes against one another, doing things that the Average Joe usually can't. These people train all their lives to battle against others in their sport who are at the top of their sport. Most of these athletes, even the prissy ice dancers, probably have enough stamina and muscle tone to kick the living shit out of most of us fat-ass keyboard-jockeys. So I ask, in all seriousness: what the f**k does the Winter Olympics have to do with "Dancing With The Stars", Oprah, or pussification? Really?

Every time I turn the shit on there is either someone dancing on skates or an interview is being conducted to let us know the powerful back story of the athlete.

Dancing with stars and oprah.

You enjoy it? Good for you. I do not and decided to post my thoughts. I was curious if I was alone. But then, it wasn't too terribly smart of me to post in a thread for people who are watching them, was it?

The broadcast seems to be aiming for the female audience, is all I'm saying.

JD10367
02-23-2010, 07:09 PM
Every time I turn the shit on there is either someone dancing on skates or an interview is being conducted to let us know the powerful back story of the athlete.

Dancing with stars and oprah.

Simply not true. Yes, the past few nights have been ice skating, but there's also been plenty of other stuff going on, from curling to skiing to hockey. Coverage starts at noon on USA, then moves to CNBC and MSNBC before NBC finally starts their prime-time coverage. And, yes, in prime time, they tend to save the stuff they think will appeal to the widest audience, which includes women and grandparents, so stuff like ice skating tends to be prevalent. But you can turn to CNBC and see hockey at the same time. And right now they're showing ski-cross.

As for the backstory crap, that's NBC's fault, not the fault of the Olympics.

If you don't like it, feel free to not watch it. But to chalk up the Winter Olympics as "Oprah, 'Dancing With The Stars', and pussification" is just inaccurate.

JD10367
02-23-2010, 07:13 PM
Canadian chicks are kicking ass in this ice-cross qualifying. I think that's the third pair of qualifiers in which one was a Canadian.

JD10367
02-23-2010, 07:21 PM
Cute little 16-year-old Asian chick just spun so fast on the ice she gave herself a bloody nose.

alnorth
02-23-2010, 07:23 PM
Cute little 16-year-old Asian chick just spun so fast on the ice she gave herself a bloody nose.

That wasn't no asian chick, she is a true blue American! (Probably imported from asia)

Ebolapox
02-23-2010, 07:24 PM

that asian chick was american, ftr.

RJ
02-23-2010, 07:25 PM
Simply not true. Yes, the past few nights have been ice skating, but there's also been plenty of other stuff going on, from curling to skiing to hockey. Coverage starts at noon on USA, then moves to CNBC and MSNBC before NBC finally starts their prime-time coverage. And, yes, in prime time, they tend to save the stuff they think will appeal to the widest audience, which includes women and grandparents, so stuff like ice skating tends to be prevalent. But you can turn to CNBC and see hockey at the same time. And right now they're showing ski-cross.

As for the backstory crap, that's NBC's fault, not the fault of the Olympics.

If you don't like it, feel free to not watch it. But to chalk up the Winter Olympics as "Oprah, 'Dancing With The Stars', and pussification" is just inaccurate.

I'm not watching it. I stopped trying. That's what I said to begin with. And yes, you are correct, it's not the Olymics fault. The fault lies with the coverage.

WoodDraw
02-23-2010, 07:26 PM
Anyone else having audio problems with TWC KC?

[edit] NM I just switched to HD and no more problems. That's a first.

Tribal Warfare
02-23-2010, 08:03 PM
The Dutch Speed Skater got fucked over by his coach and lost the gold

FAX
02-23-2010, 08:05 PM
I feel badly for that speed skater guy. What a raw deal. Disqualified ... not for poor sportsmanship or insufficient athleticism, but simply because he listened to his coach. Ouch.

It's like getting banned from ChiefsPlanet for posting a photo of Lisa Presley's tittahs including full nipple disclosure at Mr. Bob Dole's request.

FAX

FAX
02-23-2010, 08:06 PM
Ummm. What was that crazy race just now? The one with all the jumps and turns and junk? Sort of like hurdles on skis?

FAX

FAX
02-23-2010, 08:18 PM
I'm thinking that Batman would make a real good Curler guy. His expertise with the Batarang would serve him well in that sport as long as the rocks don't turn around and come back to him. He would also be darn good at the ski jump, I think. But Spider Man would be probably better at that due to his amazing leaping ability and the fact that his Spidey Feet don't stick to snow and his Spidey Sense would indicate subtle changes in wind velocity and direction which would be helpful in that event. And, I think you'd have to give it up for Wonder Woman in the luge.

FAX

JD10367
02-23-2010, 08:26 PM
That was ski-cross, I believe, in its first year. Pretty neat.

I feel bad for the Dutch skater but at least he won't get Steve Bartmaned when he gets home. The coach? I hope he took everything he prized when he left, 'cause I'm sure they've already burnt his house down and scattered the ashes while simultaneously revoking his citizenship. That brainfart's going on his tombstone...

JD10367
02-23-2010, 08:27 PM
And, I think you'd have to give it up for Wonder Woman in the luge.

I'd give it up for Wonder Woman in my luge any day. :D

KC_Connection
02-23-2010, 08:31 PM
I don't buy blaming the coach as an excuse. He's run that race hundreds times in his career, and practiced it more than that. He should have known what lane he was in himself.

JD10367
02-23-2010, 08:36 PM
I don't buy blaming the coach as an excuse. He's run that race hundreds times in his career, and practiced it more than that. He should have known what lane he was in himself.

Supposedly he did. But when you've been conditioned to obey your coach, and you've just skated 25 tiring laps, and you're cruising to victory, and your coach is screaming, "MOVE OVER!! MOVE OVER!!!", you kind of assume he knows what he's talking about, since he's been sitting over there relaxing and watching. The kid made a bad split-second decision to listen to his coach. Yeah, maybe he should've thought about it and ignored him, but it was a split-second thing. Hard to blame the footsoldier, when the general is the idiot in charge who made the wrong decision.

KC_Connection
02-23-2010, 08:58 PM
Supposedly he did. But when you've been conditioned to obey your coach, and you've just skated 25 tiring laps, and you're cruising to victory, and your coach is screaming, "MOVE OVER!! MOVE OVER!!!", you kind of assume he knows what he's talking about, since he's been sitting over there relaxing and watching. The kid made a bad split-second decision to listen to his coach. Yeah, maybe he should've thought about it and ignored him, but it was a split-second thing. Hard to blame the footsoldier, when the general is the idiot in charge who made the wrong decision.

If he did, he should have trusted himself. I was watching the entire race, though, and it looked like he had no idea which lane to go in. After he did it, he kept on skating like nothing happened.

The coach is to blame but so is the athlete.

JD10367
02-23-2010, 09:01 PM
The American skater was Asian-heritage. Then they had a Koren skater. Then a Japanese skater. Now the Canadian skater is again of Asian-heritage. This is kinda weird, LOL.

FAX
02-23-2010, 09:14 PM
That was ski-cross, I believe, in its first year. Pretty neat.

I feel bad for the Dutch skater but at least he won't get Steve Bartmaned when he gets home. The coach? I hope he took everything he prized when he left, 'cause I'm sure they've already burnt his house down and scattered the ashes while simultaneously revoking his citizenship. That brainfart's going on his tombstone...

Very neat. I'd never seen that event, before. It's like a sprint race on skis with jumps ... actually, that's exactly what it's like because that's what it is. Anyhow, it's cool. I wonder how long it will be before we kick ass in this sport?

I have another question ... do you know what the penalty is if you're Curling away and you push your rock down the ice and one of your sweepers comes into contact with another rock that's already been pushed? That should cost you a point, at least. Or maybe you get one of your rocks taken away from you. Should be a pretty severe penalty, anyway. Maybe your coach takes a rock right in the groin, or something.

FAX

FAX
02-23-2010, 09:22 PM
Damn. That was the worst rock push yet by the American Curling Girls. They don't suck as badly as the Curling Morons, but almost.

It was funny earlier today. One of the Curling Morons was interviewed after they were booted unceremoniously from the games and the NBC person asked the moron, "Did your team learn anything from this embarrassing and futile effort?" ... or words to that effect. The Curling Moron just giggled. I'm telling you, they're fools. Fools with brooms.

FAX

Tribal Warfare
02-23-2010, 09:22 PM
The coach is to blame but so is the athlete.

No, the guy was following the coach's instructions even the head of the Dutch speed skating team thought it was absolutely the coach's fault

FAX
02-23-2010, 09:25 PM
The American Curling Chicks are down 6 to 3 against Sweden's Curling Chicks. After the 5th end thing, so about halfway.

I predict that tempers will flare in this game and some Swedish Curler will take one right in the meatballs.

FAX

JD10367
02-23-2010, 09:27 PM
I have another question ... do you know what the penalty is if you're Curling away and you push your rock down the ice and one of your sweepers comes into contact with another rock that's already been pushed? That should cost you a point, at least. Or maybe you get one of your rocks taken away from you. Should be a pretty severe penalty, anyway. Maybe your coach takes a rock right in the groin, or something.

You know, I was wondering about that. Those chicks with the brooms are hauling ass down-ice, brooming like mad, and it doesn't look like they're looking where they're going, and at the LAST MINUTE they dance around the rocks in front of them without grazing one. What would happen if one of them fell on their ass and knocked all the rocks all over the place? I mean, that's had to have happened before, right?

JD10367
02-23-2010, 09:32 PM
Okay, that was pretty sad. The Canadian ice-skating chick whose mom died at the Olympics this week just did her skate, and she broke down immediately on the ice when finished.

FAX
02-23-2010, 09:39 PM
Damn Swedish Curler Chicks are talking in some strange language. No idea what they're saying but it doesn't sound good.

And here comes the fling!!! ... sweeping ... sweeping ... sweeping ... came up well short. The American Curler Girls have a chance!!!

FAX

FAX
02-23-2010, 09:40 PM
Well, damn. We just knocked their rock into the green circle and our rock went out of bounds. That has to be the worst rock fling in the history of the Olympics.

FAX

JD10367
02-23-2010, 09:45 PM
You seem really into this curling thing tonight, FAX.

(I hate to be the E Coli burrito in your little Taco Bell party, LOL, but... you DO know the U.S. women were eliminated from contention today, right? They're the Detroit Lions of the curling world.)

FAX
02-23-2010, 09:48 PM
If they're eliminated, how come they're still flinging rocks, dude?

We're down 7 to 3, now ... and still flinging.

FAX

KC_Connection
02-23-2010, 09:48 PM
No, the guy was following the coach's instructions even the head of the Dutch speed skating team thought it was absolutely the coach's fault
Sven Kramer is a superstar in the Netherlands, the Tiger Woods of speedskating. It's to be completely expected that the head of the team would cover for Sven's mistake.

JD10367
02-23-2010, 09:49 PM
Sven Kramer is a superstar in the Netherlands, the Tiger Woods of speedskating. It's to be completely expected that the head of the team would cover for Sven's mistake.

I'm pretty sure they have the coach on camera yelling at him to move to the other lane (which was wrong).

KC_Connection
02-23-2010, 09:49 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver/blog/fourth_place_medal/post/Gold-medalist-Sven-Kramer-to-NBC-reporter-Are-?urn=oly,220576

KC_Connection
02-23-2010, 09:50 PM
I'm pretty sure they have the coach on camera yelling at him to move to the other lane (which was wrong).
Yeah...the coach was at fault. But so is the athlete who should have those lane changes in his muscle memory.

JD10367
02-23-2010, 09:51 PM
If they're eliminated, how come they're still flinging rocks, dude?

For the same reason the Raiders, Browns, Chiefs, Lions, Bills, etc.,., were playing fotoball in Week 17 of the NFL season. They kind of have to, LOL. It's generally considered unsportsmanlike if you refuse to show up and play and forfeit the game.

FAX
02-23-2010, 09:52 PM
But the coach was basically right, correct? I mean, the skater was supposed to change lanes after the cone, right? He just changed a tad too soon?

FAX

KC_Connection
02-23-2010, 09:53 PM
But the coach was basically right, correct? I mean, the skater was supposed to change lanes after the cone, right? He just changed a tad too soon?

FAX
Kramer didn't know which lane to go in, and he darted inside at the last second after hearing his coach. It was the wrong lane.

FAX
02-23-2010, 09:57 PM
For the same reason the Raiders, Browns, Chiefs, Lions, Bills, etc.,., were playing fotoball in Week 17 of the NFL season. They kind of have to, LOL. It's generally considered unsportsmanlike if you refuse to show up and play and forfeit the game.

Well, damn.

No wonder our Curling Chicks were so blaze about the whole deal. For a while there, I thought they were displaying calm assurance and reserved confidence ... instead, it was just blank stupidity.

Dang we suck at Curling. We even suck at watching Curling.

FAX

alnorth
02-23-2010, 10:01 PM

yeah, aside from that, no matter the sport whether its NFL, baseball, or curling, eliminated teams always owe it to the teams they have already played, who are now fighting for a spot in the playoffs, to give the teams they havent played yet their best effort.

alnorth
02-23-2010, 10:02 PM

FAX

he already was inside and was supposed to switch to the outside. His coach was simply dead wrong and probably cost him a gold medal (he was heavily favored). The skater probably knew he was supposed to go outside, he started going outside, but his coach screamed inside and at the last moment he probably started to doubt himself and decided to trust his coach.

What made it more stupid was that even if his coach were right, he switched inside too late, he didnt even take the inside lane correctly. If he thinks his coach was wrong and its too late to change, then just go with it.

KC_Connection
02-23-2010, 10:03 PM
Sure didn't look like "he probably knew" it to me.

blaise
02-23-2010, 10:08 PM
Good for Latvia to get that goal. They've been busting their asses against the Czechs, who have been sleepwalking most of the game.

morphius
02-23-2010, 10:09 PM
Heck of a 3rd period in the hockey game between the Czech's and the Latvians(?) in elimination round.

alnorth
02-23-2010, 10:10 PM
Sure didn't look like "he probably knew" it to me.

really? I saw him skate towards the outside, get ready to enter outside, actually did enter outside, then skated past the cone to the inside. He probably knew it... until his coach started screaming, he starts to doubt, and well hell its the coach's job to point to where you need to go, so he trusted him.

JD10367
02-23-2010, 10:11 PM
Ashleigh McIvor (Canadian Gold medalist in ski-cross) is pretty cute. Got that whole Jewel thing goin' on. Her pics online don't look as good as she did on the podium just now. Nice eyes.

FAX
02-23-2010, 10:11 PM
That's it. We just conceded. The Curling Morons conceded last night and the Curling Chicks conceded today. Combined, the Curling Morons and the Curling Chicks finished at 4 and 14. Last place in the whole damn deal. Every single country in the whole, entire world Curls better than us. That includes commies and third world places and dictatorships and countries that weren't even countries until about a year ago. You can spin a friggin' globe then stop it with a turd on a stick and, if your turd-stick doesn't land on the USA, you've turd-sticked a country that's better at Curling than us. Unbelievable. We can invent the friggin' corn dog, neon-colored condoms, and line dancing, but we can't fling a damn, stupid rock down some ice and make it go the right way. Jesus.

FAX

JD10367
02-23-2010, 10:13 PM
yeah, aside from that, no matter the sport whether its NFL, baseball, or curling, eliminated teams always owe it to the teams they have already played, who are now fighting for a spot in the playoffs, to give the teams they havent played yet their best effort.

How about the other side of the coin, the teams that are already in? Do they owe it to the teams fighting for a spot in the playoffs? /ColtsAndBengalsFanMode :D

KC_Connection
02-23-2010, 10:14 PM
really? I saw him skate towards the outside, get ready to enter outside, actually did enter outside, then skated past the cone to the inside. He probably knew it... until his coach started screaming, he starts to doubt, and well hell its the coach's job to point to where you need to go, so he trusted him.
Ultimately, the athlete is the one that should be keeping track of that in his own mind. It's his responsibility. The best in the world shouldn't make a mistake like this, no matter how egregious the coach's error was.

blaise
02-23-2010, 10:15 PM
OOOOH, Latvia ties it up.

Guru
02-23-2010, 10:19 PM
Ultimately, the athlete is the one that should be keeping track of that in his own mind. It's his responsibility. The best in the world shouldn't make a mistake like this, no matter how egregious the coach's error was.When you have your coach screaming to do something else I'm sure the logic got thrown out the window. I wouldn't blame the athlete in this case. What about American curling, they probably knew better too but followed the skips direction anyway.

It is just the way it works.

FAX
02-23-2010, 10:20 PM
Holy Crap!!! That was a wild 5 minutes of hockey, right there.

Go Latvia!!!

FAX

FAX
02-23-2010, 10:22 PM
In the heat of battle, I think the skater probably just panicked a little. The coach was yelling at him and given the situation, the fatigue, and the nerves, he just reacted without thinking. I don't blame him really, but it is strange that he's famous for being an awesome, experienced, world-class skater and, for whatever reason, he simply doesn't skate the lanes correctly in the biggest race of his life. Weird.

FAX

morphius
02-23-2010, 10:23 PM
4 on 4 over time. Almost a huge upset right off the bat.

FAX
02-23-2010, 10:25 PM
ROFL

These Latvians are crazy. They're sloppy as hell, but just keep crashing the boards and shooting like hell.

FAX