PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs reaching out to Joey Porter?

T-post Tom
02-12-2010, 02:29 PM
Just got an email from a friend that's usually pretty accurate on Chiefs' info. He said that the Chiefs are reaching out to Joey Porter. Strictly a rumor at this point, but don't be surprised if he comes in for a visit sometime soon.

Chocolate Hog
02-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Just got an email from a friend that's usually pretty accurate on Chiefs' info. He said that the Chiefs are reaching out to Joey Porter. Strictly a rumor at this point, but don't be surprised if he comes in for a visit sometime soon.

Hey you aren't BigRedChief.

Pushead2
02-12-2010, 02:32 PM
start an email chain please.

Gonzo
02-12-2010, 02:32 PM

LMAO

The Bad Guy
02-12-2010, 02:34 PM
10 million % untrue.

T-post Tom

True. And I am not trying to be. He's much better connected to Chiefs' info than I am. But this friend of mine has been pretty accurate when sharing Chiefs' info in the past.

DeezNutz
Ok, gang...

T-post Tom
02-12-2010, 02:39 PM
10 million % untrue.

Based only on Porter's behavior in Miami, I'd tend to agree with you. Especially with the Parcell's connection here in town. Porter doesn't make sense along those lines. But as I said, my friend is usually pretty accurate. Maybe the Chiefs are willing to reach considering their needs and the apparent elimination of so many UFA's under the uncapped year. So let me stress again, this is nothing more than a rumor. So take it for what it's worth.

Chocolate Hog
02-12-2010, 02:41 PM
Well the Dolphins released Roth and the Browns signed him. Mangini was part of the suckoff tree too.

The Bad Guy
02-12-2010, 02:41 PM
Based only on Porter's behavior in Miami, I'd tend to agree with you. Especially with the Parcell's connection here in town. Porter doesn't make sense along those lines. But as I said, my friend is usually pretty accurate. Maybe the Chiefs are willing to reach considering their needs and the apparent elimination of so many UFA's under the uncapped year. So let me stress again, this is nothing more than a rumor. So take it for what it's worth.

I appreciate you passing along info. I just know that the Chiefs will not be bidding for Joey Porter's services.

Chocolate Hog
02-12-2010, 02:43 PM
I appreciate you passing along info. I just know that the Chiefs will not be bidding for Joey Porter's services.

Share your info with the class please.

HotRoute
02-12-2010, 02:43 PM
We can't forget about the right 53 ideaology

-King-
02-12-2010, 02:48 PM
Based on track record, I trust the bad guy more on this.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kerberos
02-12-2010, 02:52 PM
start an thread chain please.

Next up:

Porter seen in KC area Realtors office looking for an area home.

tymania
02-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Well the Dolphins released Roth and the Browns signed him. Mangini was part of the suckoff tree too.

Roth was the man in college... god i loved that guy.. I hope his NFL career starts to take off

BossChief
02-12-2010, 02:53 PM
They really like Studabaker. In a conference call for season ticket holders a couple days ago he was named as the hopeful future of the position for us by Pioli himself.

T-post Tom
02-12-2010, 02:56 PM
Based on track record, I trust the bad guy more on this.
Posted via Mobile Device

I hope that's a reference to 'the bad guy's' record on rumors and not mine. I very seldom post rumors. And when I do, it's usually something online and I make sure to specify that it's rumor/speculation.

Detoxing
02-12-2010, 03:06 PM
I would love to have Porter and his big trash talking mouth. Maybe KC can get some freaking attention with a "star" on deck. Porter and Hali on the outside would be awesome. Draft Berry in the first and find an ILB in the 2nd, then we might actually field a pretty damn good D.

PunkinDrublic
02-12-2010, 03:12 PM
Obligitory deal is done post.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tango&Cash
02-12-2010, 03:13 PM
My friends father in law's attorney's plumber told me that he just bought a house in Leawood, right next to Bill Cowher, Ty Law, Hugh Douglas, Ed Hartwell, and Corey Simon.

Tango&Cash
02-12-2010, 03:14 PM
I would love to have Porter and his big trash talking mouth. Maybe KC can get some freaking attention with a "star" on deck. Porter and Hali on the outside would be awesome. Draft Berry in the first and find an ILB in the 2nd, then we might actually field a pretty damn good D.

Need a NT first.

Stinger
02-12-2010, 03:14 PM
Hey all we need is a Hugh Douglas and Ty Law sighting and the old gang is back together..........

Marco Polo
02-12-2010, 03:15 PM
Need a NT first.

How about we sign Porter, draft Berry, Cody & Spikes with our first 3 picks?

Iowanian
02-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Unfortunately, I'm unable to believe this until I get the PM from someone who gets a super secret Orphan Annie Decoded message.

Tango&Cash
02-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Hey all we need is a Hugh Douglas and Ty Law sighting and the old gang is back together..........

RE-to the-POST

LaChapelle
02-12-2010, 03:20 PM
There is a massive hole in KC Porter might fill
Chiefs fans have no players to really hate right now

CaliforniaChief
02-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Ok, gang...

Can we rename this forum "Okay, gangland" or "Leawood Realtors Buzz"? I think it will be fitting.

Detoxing
02-12-2010, 03:26 PM
There is a massive hole in KC Porter might fill
Chiefs fans have no players to really hate right now

I wouldn't say that. A lot of people hate Cassel, and Mike Brown is still on the team isnt he?

Chocolate Hog
02-12-2010, 03:26 PM
I wouldn't say that. A lot of people hate Cassel, and Mike Brown is still on the team isnt he?

Brown is a free agent.

LaChapelle
02-12-2010, 03:31 PM
I thought Cassel was more disapointment than hate
Brown though..maybe

The Bad Guy
02-12-2010, 03:33 PM
Share your info with the class please.

When Joey Porter's name came up a week ago about being cut, I talked to my guy and he said 2 words in the text: NOT HAPPENING. Pioli trusts Parcells opinion and BP was completely sick of Porter.

JASONSAUTO
02-12-2010, 03:35 PM
When Joey Porter's name came up a week ago about being cut, I talked to my guy and he said 2 words in the text: NOT HAPPENING. Pioli trusts Parcells opinion and BP was completely sick of Porter.

thanks for the clarification

Detoxing
02-12-2010, 03:36 PM

That makes sense

ForeverChiefs58
02-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Joey Porter is no longer the Dolphins' problem
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 12, 2010 3:55 PM ET

Joey Porter was a headache not worth keeping even before he went on his media tour disparaging the Dolphins organization. On Friday, the Dolphins finally released the linebacker, according to Fox's Jay Glazer. The Dolphins have confirmed the move.

Porter should be careful what he wishes for. He was due $4.6 million in 2010, and we'd bet a free year's subscription to PFT that he doesn't make that much money now.

Porter's act on the way out in Miami won't help his case. He acted like a high schooler that knew he was getting dumped by his girlfriend, so he started talking trash about her to all his friends. He was a goner regardless.

His production was very up-and-down in his three Dolphins seasons, but Porter is only a year removed from a monster season. He'll have to convince interested teams that he's willing to come off the field occasionally, which did not sit well with him in Miami.

Detoxing
02-12-2010, 03:51 PM
Joey Porter is no longer the Dolphins' problem
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 12, 2010 3:55 PM ET

Joey Porter was a headache not worth keeping even before he went on his media tour disparaging the Dolphins organization. On Friday, the Dolphins finally released the linebacker, according to Fox's Jay Glazer. The Dolphins have confirmed the move.

Porter should be careful what he wishes for. He was due $4.6 million in 2010, and we'd bet a free year's subscription to PFT that he doesn't make that much money now.

Porter's act on the way out in Miami won't help his case. He acted like a high schooler that knew he was getting dumped by his girlfriend, so he started talking trash about her to all his friends. He was a goner regardless.

His production was very up-and-down in his three Dolphins seasons, but Porter is only a year removed from a monster season. He'll have to convince interested teams that he's willing to come off the field occasionally, which did not sit well with him in Miami.

Hrmmmm......maybe he becomes an Eagle. Seems like a good fit.

The Bad Guy
02-12-2010, 04:33 PM
He has to go to a 3-4 team. He's not making it as a DE in a 4-3.

I think the Broncos might be a destination. He played at Colorado State I believe. The 49ers have 2 good pass rushing ends, so they are out.

The Cardinals might be a likely desination. They need some speed rushers.

BigRedChief
02-12-2010, 05:26 PM
Hey you aren't BigRedChief.If you were he would tell you this ain't true. Porter is not coming here. No way. Miami is not going to vouch for him. The father-in-law wants to release him for good reason and those reasons will follow him where ever he goes. Soprano has several positive things about him. Too much baggage, so KC is out. I heard he's going back to miami on espn or something anyway.

Hog Farmer
02-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Raiders like players with baggage.

RustShack
02-12-2010, 05:37 PM
Raiders like players with baggage.

Not as much as the Bengals who signed Matt Jones and worked out Pacman Jones(at least I think they were the team that just did).

LaChapelle
02-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Porter has baggage
HA

T-post Tom
02-12-2010, 05:42 PM
If you were he would tell you this ain't true. Porter is not coming here. No way. Miami is not going to vouch for him. The father-in-law wants to release him for good reason and those reasons will follow him where ever he goes. Soprano has several positive things about him. Too much baggage, so KC is out. I heard he's going back to miami on espn or something anyway.

There you go. My source has been outgunned by two of our best here. So put this down as an ode to Priest Holme's spinal tumor. (God bless ya, Jack Harry.)

RustShack
02-12-2010, 05:43 PM
Porter has baggage
HA

And a bullet in his ass.

ForeverChiefs58
02-12-2010, 05:46 PM
Dolphins confirm that Porter remains on the roster
Posted by Mike Florio on February 12, 2010 6:56 PM ET
In a two-sentence release, the Miami Dolphins have confirmed that linebacker Joey Porter, who was cut earlier in the day, is back on the team.

"The release of Joey Porter was determined to be an invalid termination," the team said in a release. "Therefore at this time, Porter reverts back to the Miami Dolphins roster."

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that cutting Porter would have triggered a $4.8 million cap acceleration, and that the Dolphins have only $4.2 million in cap space.

Porter undoubtedly will be cut before March 10, when he's due to earn a $1 million roster bonus.

So while it's an embarrassing error for the Dolphins' front office, all they have to do is keep him on the roster for three more weeks.

soundmind
02-12-2010, 05:50 PM
Not as much as the Bengals who signed Matt Jones and worked out Pacman Jones(at least I think they were the team that just did).

I know right? What kind of dirt must Pacman Jones have on the people in this league to still be getting phone calls? He's f*cked up every single chance he's gotten...all 17 of them...and the last time they brought him back, he didn't even play close to the level needed in the NFL.

What a joke.

Detoxing
02-12-2010, 05:53 PM
I know right? What kind of dirt must Pacman Jones have on the people in this league to still be getting phone calls? He's f*cked up every single chance he's gotten...all 17 of them...and the last time they brought him back, he didn't even play close to the level needed in the NFL.

What a joke.

Marvin Lewis just likes playing Captain Save-A-Ho