PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Best PC RTS and FPS?

Detoxing
02-12-2010, 03:58 PM
Now that football season is over, i need a new time sink. I wanna get either a kick-ass RTS or a long FPS.

I haven't done too much PC gaming in awhile...so im looking for some advice on which games you think are the best of either genre.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, and I've already finished Crysis and HL2

Pants
02-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Now that football season is over, i need a new time sink. I wanna get either a kick-ass RTS or a long FPS.

I haven't done too much PC gaming in awhile...so im looking for some advice on which games you think are the best of either genre.

Thanks in advance.

Empire: Total War - not really an RTS, but probably the best strategy game out there. Medieval II is amazing as well.

A long FPS? Those don't really exist. Maybe the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games.

Def. play Half-Life 2 and Crysis, though.

QuikSsurfer
02-12-2010, 04:13 PM
RTS: starcraft
FPS: half-life 2

TrickyNicky
02-12-2010, 04:57 PM
Empire or Medieval II are good suggestions. I also would recommend Dawn of War II or Company of Heroes Gold. They are schematically similar and use the same engine, but one is WWII and the other is Sci-Fi Fantasy themed.

For FPS if you aren't into online play, I would suggest plunking down for Bioshock 1 and 2. If you do like online play, they are many options like Modern Warfare 2, Team Fortress 2, Battlefield Bad Company 2 (comes out early March), and the FEAR games.

Detoxing
02-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Empire or Medieval II are good suggestions. I also would recommend Dawn of War II or Company of Heroes Gold. They are schematically similar and use the same engine, but one is WWII and the other is Sci-Fi Fantasy themed.

For FPS if you aren't into online play, I would suggest plunking down for Bioshock 1 and 2. If you do like online play, they are many options like Modern Warfare 2, Team Fortress 2, Battlefield Bad Company 2 (comes out early March), and the FEAR games.

F.E.A.R did kick ass actually. Thanks for reminding me.Maybe i should pick up the sequels. I was also considering BioShock 2, Medieval II...I'll have to check out Dawn of War II.

I've been looking at different PC games for the last hour now and so many look so good. Im more confused now than i was before i started, lol.

kaplin42
02-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Left 4 Dead 2 is fun and you can play online with people. Definately worth a shot there.

and the original FEAR kicked ass, the second one was a cheap copy of the first.