PDA

View Full Version : Life What time is too early to start drinking ?

DumbHillbillies
02-13-2010, 11:59 AM
I started at 11:00 am, vodka + pepsi and smoking cigars. Really just bored out of my mind and the GF is out of town so I thought I do some things that she would normally nag me over. What's the earliest you guys start drinking and what do you do when your significant other is out of town ?

"Bob" Dobbs
02-13-2010, 12:01 PM
I've always thought that a designated "start drinking" time was the dumbest shit I've ever heard. Quit checking the time, and start drinkin' if you want.

:thumb:

L.A. Chieffan
02-13-2010, 12:02 PM
I usually need to be medically resuscitated at some point during her absence. thats why i carry a lifealert around with me at all times.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-13-2010, 12:02 PM
The correct answer is probably never, but I've never had endurance while drinking. I usually have a hard time drinking for more than 6 hours, primarily because I have a hard time having fewer than 3 drinks an hour.

If it's in front of me, I drink it. I don't nurse drinks.

Red Brooklyn
02-13-2010, 12:06 PM
No such thing as "too early." Unless you got really important shit to do. Like a job interview or something. In that case the asnwer is, it's too early to start drinking before you get the important shit done.

My wife is awesome. She never nags me about drinking. She's an enabler, if anything, and the one who taught me there was no such thing as "too early." When she's out of town, I usually watch LOST reruns and wish she was around...

brandon
02-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Do game days count? 8 a.m.

milkman
02-13-2010, 12:09 PM
As the old saying goes, it's 5 o'clock somewhere.

Stewie
02-13-2010, 12:12 PM
I started at 11:00 am, vodka + pepsi and smoking cigars. Really just bored out of my mind and the GF is out of town so I thought I do some things that she would normally nag me over. What's the earliest you guys start drinking and what do you do when your significant other is out of town ?

Make sure you're posting in about 4-5 hours. We need some drunk post hilarity... or at least incomprehensible posts. :D

DumbHillbillies
02-13-2010, 12:18 PM
I usually need to be medically resuscitated at some point during her absence. thats why i carry a lifealert around with me at all times.

The correct answer is probably never, but I've never had endurance while drinking. I usually have a hard time drinking for more than 6 hours, primarily because I have a hard time having fewer than 3 drinks an hour.

Yeah, I've slowed down a litte ever since I woke up in the ER with a fractured jaw and 10 stiches. Three words, Cinco de Mayo. Apparently, I thought it was a good idea to run up and down parked cars. My dumbass took a header off of one. Don't remember any of that. I just remember taking my 10th tequila shot at the bar and then ER.

DumbHillbillies
02-13-2010, 12:20 PM
No such thing as "too early." Unless you got really important shit to do. Like a job interview or something. In that case the asnwer is, it's too early to start drinking before you get the important shit done.

My wife is awesome. She never nags me about drinking. She's an enabler, if anything, and the one who taught me there was no such thing as "too early." When she's out of town, I usually watch LOST reruns and wish she was around...

Does she have any sisters ?

Buzzsaw
02-13-2010, 12:30 PM
Morning/midday buzzes are great. But pepsi & vodka? :shake:

kstater
02-13-2010, 12:32 PM
The correct answer is after work.

CosmicPal
02-13-2010, 12:32 PM
But pepsi & vodka? :shake:

No shit. That's what I was thinking when I read that. I'm a huge vodka fan and have had it a many a different ways, but never with Pepsi. WTF.

"Bob" Dobbs
02-13-2010, 12:36 PM
That's almost as weird sounding as the scotch & milk that a buddy of mine used to drink.

DumbHillbillies
02-13-2010, 12:38 PM
Morning/midday buzzes are great. But pepsi & vodka? :shake:

No shit. That's what I was thinking when I read that. I'm a huge vodka fan and have had it a many a different ways, but never with Pepsi. WTF.

LMAO. I know they are the only liquor and mix I have in the house. I knew I was going to get shit for that. It's not too bad, though.

DumbHillbillies
02-13-2010, 12:39 PM
That's almost as weird sounding as the scotch & milk that a buddy of mine used to drink.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Sounds yummy right about now.

L.A. Chieffan
02-13-2010, 12:39 PM
dude, go the liquor store and get some oj or cranberry. ull thank me later.

CosmicPal
02-13-2010, 12:42 PM
LMAO. I know they are the only liquor and mix I have in the house. I knew I was going to get shit for that. It's not too bad, though.

Well, you might as well hand over your man card. :D

Your only excuse should be that you have low quality vodka on you. High quality vodka should be placed on the rocks. Low quality shit goes with whatever you want to mix it with.

BTW, if that's all you have on you, you're not going to get very far. If you're starting your drinking early, you need lots of liquor and beer. A bottle of cheap vodka and a liter of Pepsi is like trying to get an elephant drunk.

CosmicPal
02-13-2010, 12:44 PM
dude, go the liquor store and get some oj or cranberry. ull thank me later.

Sounds like he needs more liquor too.

"Bob" Dobbs
02-13-2010, 12:44 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Sounds yummy right about now.I refuse to even try it. Scotch is too good to waste on milk.

Gadzooks
02-13-2010, 12:45 PM

When I was in my teens my buddy and I got a hold of alot of rye. We used Kool Aid as a mixer. We would have been alot happier with Pepsi. Milk never occured to us...:Lin:

"Bob" Dobbs
02-13-2010, 12:48 PM
RYE & KOOLAID??????????? I already feel sick.

DumbHillbillies
02-13-2010, 12:48 PM
Well, you might as well hand over your man card. :D

Your only excuse should be that you have low quality vodka on you. High quality vodka should be placed on the rocks. Low quality shit goes with whatever you want to mix it with.

BTW, if that's all you have on you, you're not going to get very far. If you're starting your drinking early, you need lots of liquor and beer. A bottle of cheap vodka and a liter of Pepsi is like trying to get an elephant drunk.

You guessed it smirnoff (triple distilled LMAO).

bevischief
02-13-2010, 12:52 PM
As the old saying goes, it's 5 o'clock somewhere.

This
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath58
02-13-2010, 01:09 PM

This.

Which is why I no longer drink when I play golf.

Rain Man
02-13-2010, 01:09 PM
I was walking to work a couple of weeks ago, and went by a bar/restaurant that serves breakfast. Sitting in the seat near the window was a guy having a beer. At 7:30 in the morning. It might be time to start reflecting when you're drinking at 7:30 in the morning.

Baconeater
02-13-2010, 01:13 PM
I was walking to work a couple of weeks ago, and went by a bar/restaurant that serves breakfast. Sitting in the seat near the window was a guy having a beer. At 7:30 in the morning. It might be time to start reflecting when you're drinking at 7:30 in the morning.
Maybe he works the night shift?

Red Brooklyn
02-13-2010, 01:15 PM
Does she have any sisters ?
LMAO

Indeed she does! But her sister is engaged. Sorry, man.

And don't listen to these guys.. Vodka and Pepsi is fine in a pinch. I've done it a million times. Granted, always with shitty vodka. The good stuff, I take straight up.

"Bob" Dobbs
02-13-2010, 01:15 PM
Exactly. I did graveyard shifts for years and would often have a beer or 10 starting at 6:01AM.

RJ
02-13-2010, 01:19 PM
Maybe he works the night shift?

That's the bitch about that graveyard shift. It's hard to find a place to go out for a beer after. You can usually find some little dives that open at 6AM if there happens to be a factory nearby that runs 24/7. I don't know if any of those still exist.

Gadzooks
02-13-2010, 01:19 PM
RYE & KOOLAID??????????? I already feel sick.

Too much information but...
My friend and I were working at a Telemarketing job at the time. We drank the rye and kool-aid, so, I thought it would be a courtesy to call my parents to let them know I'd be staying at my friends house. (We'd been sitting all night and this was the first opportunity to get up and stretch my legs).
My parents picked up the phone and I began to recite the pitch I used in my telemarketing job to them (Hi, this is...). Once finished, I said "Me no sleep home. Me sleep Tom's house." and promptly hung up the phone.
Good times.:shake:

CosmicPal
02-13-2010, 01:20 PM
I was walking to work a couple of weeks ago

Is that avatar of yours a picture of you walking to work? :D

Gadzooks
02-13-2010, 01:22 PM
BTW - I only told that story because I started drinking at 11:00

Over-Head
02-13-2010, 01:33 PM
Got up this morning (couldn't sleep last night 4:30AM whe I finally went to bed)
Got up at 9AM poured an "Apple Jack", went to the shed for a puff, said fuck it, i'm gonna get half ripped today before mass.
(Special intentions today for my mom)

Spicy McHaggis
02-13-2010, 01:35 PM
During the last World Cup we opened our first cases of beer around 7:30 AM. "Too Early" is all in your perception of things.

JASONSAUTO
02-13-2010, 01:35 PM

im a slammer too. already started today headed to osage beach for a pub crawl....
Posted via Mobile Device

DumbHillbillies
02-13-2010, 01:38 PM
Got up this morning (couldn't sleep last night 4:30AM whe I finally went to bed)
Got up at 9AM poured an "Apple Jack", went to the shed for a puff, said **** it, i'm gonna get half ripped today before mass.
(Special intentions today for my mom)

Apple Jack, please explain.

Stewie
02-13-2010, 01:40 PM

One of Fred Sanford's favorites.

Saul Good
02-13-2010, 01:45 PM
The correct answer is: before you've sobered up from the last time you drank. Otherwise, you didn't start drinking, you're still drinking.

RJ
02-13-2010, 01:46 PM
About 20 years I was on vacation in Fort Myers. After breakfast we decided to go down to the pool and I took along a book and a 6 pack cooler. It was only 10:00 but it was hot and a beer was sounding really good. I felt a little awkward but finally decided, wtf, I'm on vacation, so I grab a can and pop the top. Well, that sound was all it took. Apparently some of my fellow vacationers had the same idea and once they heard that familiar "pop a top" they all followed suit.

So the answer to "how early is too early?" is apparently "before anybody else".

Mr. Flopnuts
02-13-2010, 01:48 PM

This is the precise reason I never got to the bars and clubs before 9pm in my party days.

Earthling
02-13-2010, 01:52 PM
A good rule of thumb is to wait untill after you wake up.

RJ
02-13-2010, 01:56 PM
A good rule of thumb is to wait untill after you wake up.

Imagine how much more productive we'd be if we didn't spend one third of our lives sleeping.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Imagine how much more productive we'd be if we didn't spend one third of our lives sleeping.

Employers would just require a 16 hour work day.

RJ
02-13-2010, 02:01 PM
Employers would just require a 16 hour work day.

That's probably true. Kind of like how the retirement age is going to be raised now that people are living longer. WTF, we didn't want to live longer so we could spend more time working. Golden years my ass.

Earthling
02-13-2010, 02:04 PM
That's probably true. Kind of like how the retirement age is going to be raised now that people are living longer. WTF, we didn't want to live longer so we could spend more time working. Golden years my ass.

:thumb:

DumbHillbillies
02-13-2010, 02:10 PM
LMAO

Indeed she does! But her sister is engaged. Sorry, man.

And don't listen to these guys.. Vodka and Pepsi is fine in a pinch. I've done it a million times. Granted, always with shitty vodka. The good stuff, I take straight up.

Tell her as long as I have a face she has a place to sit and then let's see how "engaged" she is.

Red Brooklyn
02-13-2010, 02:12 PM
Tell her as long as I have a face she has a place to sit and then let's see how "engaged" she is.
ROFL

Pablo
02-13-2010, 03:58 PM
This is the precise reason I never got to the bars and clubs before 9pm in my party days.Yep.

I usually start drinking for the evening around 9 or so. A couple hours after I've eaten usually. Hit the bar at about 11 feeling good.

4 hours of drinking is pretty much all I need because I rarely drink beer only. I usually start at home with whiskey and drink beer once I get to the bar so I don't get totally hammered.

Oh, and it's never too early to start drinking. Drink when you feel like it. My buddy and I were downright hammered at 9 AM a couple of summers back at the golf course in Versailles. Sure, some people thought it was too early. Those people were prudes.

Over-Head
02-13-2010, 04:09 PM
3 parts Jack Daniels,
1 part Apple juice.
4 ice cubes.

Demonpenz
02-13-2010, 05:31 PM

I used to get off work 3rd shift and the buddies would start drinking

Fish
02-13-2010, 05:50 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41uOwbw6vqL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Spicy McHaggis
02-13-2010, 06:07 PM
This is the precise reason I never got to the bars and clubs before 9pm in my party days.

And of course, the essential element of the pre-party. It's an amazing phenomenon, that one should drink a twelve pack over at a friends house before being ready to then "go drinking" at the bars.

13and3
02-13-2010, 08:39 PM
It's a tossup between the day before you turn 21, and one minute before beer-thirty.
whichever comes first is my opinion

Earthling
02-14-2010, 05:59 AM

Actually I tried an experiment of sorts once and I found that the reverse was true. :D

Earthling
02-14-2010, 06:02 AM
I used to get off work 3rd shift and the buddies would start drinking

Yep...me too. Kinda funny going to a bar at 6 am.

MikeMaslowski
02-14-2010, 10:52 AM
I haven't stopped drinking in about 7 years. Kinda sad really.

DumbHillbillies
02-14-2010, 11:13 AM
I haven't stopped drinking in about 7 years. Kinda sad really.

Deal with the underlying issues.

KCUnited
02-14-2010, 11:46 AM
Leave for work at 6:45 every morning and The Runaway Lounge is always open with at least 5 to 6 cars out front.

I prefer to drink in the afternoon and max out around 10pm. Nothing good comes of late night drinking unless your at home.

runnercyclist
02-14-2010, 01:25 PM
Beer...it's not just for breakfast anymore.

Rausch
02-14-2010, 02:15 PM
TIME?...

Fucking time is relative...

Rausch
02-14-2010, 02:17 PM
Beer...it's not just for breakfast anymore.

If you pick the right one it's a great low-carb accessory...

MOhillbilly
02-15-2010, 11:17 AM
I used to drink early and often. But i got tired of waking up in strange places and not knowin how i got there. I was so crazy i thought id drank myself into a time wrap.
Now i drink after chores are done and NEVER before 5pm.

ChiTown
02-15-2010, 11:20 AM
Vodka, Pepsi and Cigars? WTF? Are you a teenager with your folks out of town?

JC man, that's a fucking brutal combination:shake:

CosmicPal
02-15-2010, 05:24 PM
Since we were talking about vodka, I thought I'd share this link I received today.

How to Make Skittles-Flavored Vodka. :D

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Skittles-Vodka