PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Whitlock: Waters rose above his Chiefs superiors

Pages : 1 [2]

DaneMcCloud
02-14-2010, 07:54 PM
Waters winning the Man of the Year Award means that there isn't more to the story than what we have been told by Whitlock?

It clearly proves that he's a man of integrity, wouldn't you say?

penchief
02-14-2010, 07:56 PM
No offense to you personally but this is sheer lunacy.

If Milkman and I go out for a drink to discuss the Chiefs and I later report our conversation verbatim, but Milkman neither confirms, denies or acknowledges the content of our conversation, how in the world can that be construed as a "half-truth"?

I think you need to consult a dictionary because your definition is way off base.

How can you believe it is the entire truth or even verbatim when it is the policy of one party to not acknowledge the content of conversations not intended for public consumption. Honestly, I doubt it would have been a good move for Haley or Pioli to set a precedent by getting into pissing match with a player via the media. I think I would have less respect for them now if they had done that.

penchief
02-14-2010, 08:01 PM

It means he has done a lot for charity. It doesn't mean he's above making a mistake, having his ego bruised, and then airing his grievance in the media.

|Zach|
02-14-2010, 08:16 PM
You were attacking me personally for my position. I can only assume that you disagreed with my premise. I'll admit that I can be wordy at times and that I maybe could have been more concise. Which might have made it less confusing for you. But it still didn't justify taking pot shots at me every time you posted a response.

Because you did that it led me to believe that you did not agree with my premise that Haley and Pioli should not be condemned based on only Waters side of the story. So if you do agree with me I apologize for insinuatiing that you believed Whitlock's claims without having the other side of the story.

I really have no idea how I could have made it more clear to you in this thread that what I was objecting too was you making shit up.

If you didn't get that message then you are an idiot beyond help.

DaneMcCloud
02-14-2010, 08:16 PM
It means he has done a lot for charity. It doesn't mean he's above making a mistake, having his ego bruised, and then airing his grievance in the media.

Please prove to me when and where that's occurred.

BTW, it HAS been proven that he's the NFL Man of the Year.

His integrity should be beyond reproach.

Until proven otherwise.

-King-
02-14-2010, 08:21 PM

Was derrick thomas a man of integrity?

This isn't warrick dunn we're talking about where he directly helps people in the community. Its brian waters who skips his own charity event.
Posted via Mobile Device

penchief
02-14-2010, 08:25 PM
I really have no idea how I could have made it more clear to you in this thread that what I was objecting too was you making shit up.

If you didn't get that message then you are an idiot beyond help.

This will be the third time I've asked you. What did I make up?

Besides, the first insult you hurled at me was for my saying that I believe Haley and Pioli have risen above Whitlock's incessant personal attacks. Is that an example of ny making something up? If so I'm not so sure who the idiot is.

DaneMcCloud
02-14-2010, 08:25 PM
Was derrick thomas a man of integrity?

This isn't warrick dunn we're talking about where he directly helps people in the community. Its brian waters who skips his own charity event.
Posted via Mobile Device

Is Brian Waters Derrick Thomas?

The lengths some of you people will go to in order smear Brian Waters' name is unbelievable.

penchief
02-14-2010, 08:28 PM
Please prove to me when and where that's occurred.

BTW, it HAS been proven that he's the NFL Man of the Year.

His integrity should be beyond reproach.

Until proven otherwise.

Did he show up unannounced for a meeting with management and if so what was his purpose?

-King-
02-14-2010, 08:29 PM

The lengths some of you people will to smear Brian Waters is unbelievable.

I didn't smear him. You're saying that just because he was man of the year means he has integrity.

I have a question for you: if the chiefs have a good FA period and a good draft, will your opinion on this subject change.....again? Because somehow, the two are connected to you.
Posted via Mobile Device

penchief
02-14-2010, 08:30 PM

The lengths some of you people will to smear Brian Waters is unbelievable.

I'm not smearing Waters. I'm simply stating that his winning a charity award doesn't prove that Haley is what Whitlock says he is. It doesn't even prove that Waters is telling the whole story.

DaneMcCloud
02-14-2010, 08:32 PM
I didn't smear him. You're saying that just because he was man of the year means he has integrity.

I have a question for you: if the chiefs have a good FA period and a good draft, will your opinion on this subject change.....again? Because somehow, the two are connected to you.
Posted via Mobile Device

The reason my opinion changed is because I trusted Pioli and Haley at the time of the incident. Since then, they've done nothing but make mistake after mistake after mistake, whether it be personnel, game day decisions or game day action (i.e., Temper Tantrum Todd, etc.).

I gave them respect when they were hired and that was my mistake.

Respect is not given, it's earned.

Clear enough this time?

The Bad Guy
02-14-2010, 08:34 PM
Because this thread has gotten out of hand, I'll share what I've picked up over the months about this issue.

Brian Waters did want a meeting with Haley. Haley did not immediately call him back, which pissed Waters off to begin with. Waters called for a meeting, did not get a call back. He showed up at the facility wanting to talk to Todd.

When Waters started telling Todd things about how the Chiefs have ran, that's when Haley fired off with I could get 22 guys off the street to win 2 games.

Waters got pissed off at that, and that's where the tension brewed.

You know what is the big aspect for me? If Waters was so disrespected, his agent would have made a far bigger deal about this and done everything possible to get him out of KC. Didn't happen. But Whitlock still wants to beat this drum continually because he has an ax to grind.

Now, this came from the same source I got my Weis, Crennel and Gunther firing info, so it's been a pretty locked in source.

DaneMcCloud
02-14-2010, 08:34 PM
I'm not smearing Waters. I'm simply stating that his winning a charity award doesn't prove that Haley is what Whitlock says he is. It doesn't even prove that Waters is telling the whole story.

The only thing your posts prove is that YOU believe there's more to the story, which is something you've been unable to prove.

And if you don't think that Temper Tantrum Todd is a living, breathing, walking jack-ass, you need to rewatch his sideline behavior during the 2009 Chiefs season.

That says it all.

-King-
02-14-2010, 08:41 PM
The reason my opinion changed is because I trusted Pioli and Haley at the time of the incident. Since then, they've done nothing but make mistake after mistake after mistake, whether it be personnel, game day decisions or game day action (i.e., Temper Tantrum Todd, etc.).

Clear enough this time?
Disrespect is disrespect. FA signings and draft picks shouldn't affect that. If you felt that it was disrespect when the issue came out, then it should be disrespect now. Free agency and the draft have absolutely NOTHING to do with this except in your mind.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
02-14-2010, 08:43 PM
The only thing your posts prove is that YOU believe there's more to the story, which is something you've been unable to prove.

And if you don't think that Temper Tantrum Todd is a living, breathing, walking jack-ass, you need to rewatch his sideline behavior during the 2009 Chiefs season.

That says it all.
Yeah that's why players hate him...oh wait.

And if you get BRCs emails, then you should know how much he cares about players.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
02-14-2010, 08:46 PM
Disrespect is disrespect. FA signings and draft picks shouldn't affect that. If you felt that it was disrespect when the issue came out, then it should be disrespect now. Free agency and the draft have absolutely NOTHING to do with this except in your mind.
Posted via Mobile Device

You're fucking nuts.

I knew next to NOTHING about Haley and Pioli's behavior when they were hired. I didn't know that they would callously treat players, that Haley would berate not only his players but his assistants on the sidelines for millions of viewers to see and I did not realize that he was such an outrageous jackass.

If I had known that at the time of the Waters debacle, I would have sided with Waters at the time.

What part of that do you NOT understand? Are you telling me that you've never learned something about a new colleague that forced you to re-evaluate your opinion of that person?

DaneMcCloud
02-14-2010, 08:47 PM
Yeah that's why players hate him...oh wait.

And if you get BRCs emails, then you should know how much he cares about players.
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't get "BRC's emails" and at this point in time, I don't care about how much Haley "cares about" his players.

DaneMcCloud
02-14-2010, 08:52 PM
I didn't smear him.

Bull Fucking Shit.

You compared him to Derrick Thomas, who was a known philanderer and had seven kids with six women.

That's smearing him.

:shake:

-King-
02-14-2010, 08:56 PM
You're fucking nuts.

I knew next to NOTHING about Haley and Pioli's behavior when they were hired. I didn't know that they would callously treat players, that Haley would berate not only his players but his assistants on the sidelines for millions of viewers to see and I did not realize that he was such an outrageous jackass.

If I had known that at the time of the Waters debacle, I would have sided with Waters at the time.

What part of that do you NOT understand? Are you telling me that you've never learned something about a new colleague that forced you to re-evaluate your opinion of that person?

So what your saying is that those incidents that happened during the season made this other incident disrespectful? Sorry I don't see how they're related. Just because someone has done something disrespectful does not mean that everything they had done prior to that was disrespectful.

That's like someone coming to this forum and seeing all the disrespectful things you've done(and there's plenty) and saying that all the things you've done to them over their life were disrespectful.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
02-14-2010, 08:57 PM
Did he show up unannounced for a meeting with management and if so what was his purpose?

Who cares? And when did the consequences of going to your place of employment to discuss future plans, "announced" or unannounced, result in being treated like shit by the new peeps in charge?

-King-
02-14-2010, 08:58 PM
Bull Fucking Shit.

You compared him to Derrick Thomas, who was a known philanderer and had seven kids with six women.

That's smearing him.

:shake:

But derrick thomas won the man of the year award. That means he has integrity.

That has been proven....
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
02-14-2010, 08:59 PM
Who cares? And when did the consequences of going to your place of employment to discuss future plans, "announced" or unannounced, result in being treated like shit by the new peeps in charge?

At the time you had no problem with that. But unrelated events like FA and the draft changed that somehow.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
02-14-2010, 09:01 PM
I don't get "BRC's emails" and at this point in time, I don't care about how much Haley "cares about" his players.

Yet you are in a thread ranting about how haley didn't care enough about waters... yeah, you don't care.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
02-14-2010, 09:02 PM
So what your saying is that those incidents that happened during the season made this other incident disrespectful? Sorry I don't see how they're related. Just because someone has done something disrespectful does not mean that everything they had done prior to that was disrespectful.

Are you dense? Mildly retarded?

If you just meet someone who appears normal, even though you'd just heard about an incident, you wouldn't give that person the benefit of the doubt? But after these "incidents" were repeated, you wouldn't re-evaluate your opinion of this person?

Are you stating that your opinion of someone never changes, despite their behavior, good or bad?

Huh?

That's like someone coming to this forum and seeing all the disrespectful things you've done(and there's plenty) and saying that all the things you've done to them over their life were disrespectful.
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't even know what the fuck this means.

How can I do something "disrespectful" on a fucking football forum? Furthermore, are you a dupe? How in the FUCK can you say "there have been plenty", when you've only been a member for 14 months?

Here's something "disrespectful" for you: You're a fucking asshole.

DaneMcCloud
02-14-2010, 09:03 PM
Yet you are in a thread ranting about how haley didn't care enough about waters... yeah, you don't care.
Posted via Mobile Device

Huh?

Just fuck off. You're trying to create issues where none exist.

DaneMcCloud
02-14-2010, 09:06 PM
But derrick thomas won the man of the year award. That means he has integrity.

That has been proven....
Posted via Mobile Device

So know you're smearing the name of a dead man?

Wow, you're cool.

DaneMcCloud
02-14-2010, 09:06 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

You're 17 years old?

LMAO

Go away.

Isn't it past your bedtime?

-King-
02-14-2010, 09:07 PM
Huh?

Just fuck off. You're trying to create issues where none exist.

Your in a fucking thread about an issue that happened a fucking year ago you dumb ass!! The issue no longer exist yet you insist on carrying it on.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
02-14-2010, 09:08 PM
So know you're smearing the name of a dead man?

Wow, you're cool.

I never smeared him dumb fuck. He was man of the year. Him and waters have no faults.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
02-14-2010, 09:09 PM

Clear enough this time?

Clearly Dane, you gave them respect until they earned your disrespect.

|Zach|
This will be the third time I've asked you. What did I make up?

Besides, the first insult you hurled at me was for my saying that I believe Haley and Pioli have risen above Whitlock's incessant personal attacks. Is that an example of ny making something up? If so I'm not so sure who the idiot is.

I have already answered that you dope.

I literally bolded your own post in this thread and showed it to you clear as day.

DaneMcCloud
I never smeared him dumb fuck. He was man of the year. Him and waters have no faults.
Posted via Mobile Device

And you're a child.

Go to bed.

JFC.

LMAO

DaneMcCloud
02-14-2010, 09:10 PM
Clearly Dane, you gave them respect until they earned your disrespect.

Yes, I'd say that sums it up perfectly.

-King-
02-14-2010, 09:11 PM
Are you dense? Mildly retarded?

If you just meet someone who appears normal, even though you'd just heard about an incident, you wouldn't give that person the benefit of the doubt? But after these "incidents" were repeated, you wouldn't re-evaluate your opinion of this person?

Are you stating that your opinion of someone never changes, despite their behavior, good or bad?

Huh?

yeah my opinion of the person might change, but my opinion of the act likely won't change. If I think an act isn't disrespectful, how the hell can that be changed by other unrelated acts?

I don't even know what the fuck this means.

How can I do something "disrespectful" on a fucking football forum? Furthermore, are you a dupe? How in the FUCK can you say "there have been plenty", when you've only been a member for 14 months?

Here's something "disrespectful" for you: You're a fucking asshole.

Thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
02-14-2010, 09:12 PM
yeah my opinion of the person might change, but my opinion of the act likely won't change. If I think an act isn't disrespectful, how the hell can that be changed by other unrelated acts?

Thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device

5,000 posts in a year? For a 17 year old?

You need to be out getting laid.

And at age 17, you are not qualified to question the reasoning of a 44 year-old, especially someone like me that has 100x the life experiences.

-King-
02-14-2010, 09:14 PM
5,000 posts in a year? For a 17 year old?

You need to be out getting laid.

Yeah because posting on this forum clearly derails me from getting laid.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefGator
02-14-2010, 09:15 PM
This is all so stupid, since we know so little.

The gap between Waters popping up in the offseason and Haley's remarks are so wide, and yet, most seem to assume the meeting went like..

Waters: Hello, Coach Haley, I'm just interested in what your plans are for the Chiefs.

Haley: I can win more games with 22 players off the street.

Given everything Waters has ever said, I think it went more like..

Waters: Hello, Coach Haley, I'm just interested in what your plans are for the Chiefs.

Haley: Well, Brian, we need to really overturn this roster and get different players in here.

Waters: But, coach, we are so close. We are so close to being a winning, playoff team. Coach Edwards said we are all really good players and just a couple plays away from being great.

Haley: Look, Brian, I could win two games with 22 players off the street. We are nowhere near where we need to be...

DaneMcCloud
02-14-2010, 09:16 PM
Yeah because posting on this forum clearly derails me from getting laid.
Posted via Mobile Device

Apparently

milkman
02-14-2010, 09:16 PM
Because this thread has gotten out of hand, I'll share what I've picked up over the months about this issue.

Brian Waters did want a meeting with Haley. Haley did not immediately call him back, which pissed Waters off to begin with. Waters called for a meeting, did not get a call back. He showed up at the facility wanting to talk to Todd.

When Waters started telling Todd things about how the Chiefs have ran, that's when Haley fired off with I could get 22 guys off the street to win 2 games.

Waters got pissed off at that, and that's where the tension brewed.

You know what is the big aspect for me? If Waters was so disrespected, his agent would have made a far bigger deal about this and done everything possible to get him out of KC. Didn't happen. But Whitlock still wants to beat this drum continually because he has an ax to grind.

Now, this came from the same source I got my Weis, Crennel and Gunther firing info, so it's been a pretty locked in source.

I think we are ignoring this post.

Apparently Waters did try to call and set up a meeting, and was ignored.
That is a mistake on the FOs part.

When he just showed up, however, that was a mistake on his aprt.

When he decided to tell Haley how things ran under Carl and Herman fucking Edwards, while Haley could have handled it better, one has to wonder what the hell Waters was thinking?

They won 6 games in the previous two years.
Who the fuck cares how things were run by a failed regime?

Waters may be a man of integrity, but he's clearly a dumbass.

ChiefGator
02-14-2010, 09:17 PM
Oh yeah, and Whitlock wants to keep score? Didn't Haley win twice as many games as Edwards with about 22 people off the street?

I'ld say.. point Haley.

|Zach|
02-14-2010, 09:18 PM
Oh yeah, and Whitlock wants to keep score? Didn't Haley win twice as many games as Edwards with about 22 people off the street?

I'ld say.. point Haley.

What?

ChiefGator
02-14-2010, 09:22 PM
So what happened? Who won?

Let’s turn to the 2009 scoreboard and evaluate who enhanced his reputation and who didn’t.

Waters added NFL Man of the Year to his reputation. Haley’s rep is that he’s clueless when it comes to effectively motivating and connecting with players. And people around the league (and fans in KC) are growing suspicious of Pioli’s moaning about taking over a “crippled” franchise.

I disagree with the 2009 scoreboard. Haley won twice as many games as Edward, and did it while picking up more than 22 new players. That's exactly what he is purported to have said.

Chaunceythe3rd
02-14-2010, 09:36 PM
That's actually not true.

Whitlock was the first to write an article about it, but the rumblings were around well before that.

By all accounts, Waters came over for a 'getting to know you' meeting and the front office all but threw him out of the building. All this "he demanded everyone to stop everything and tell them how they were moving forward" stuff is garbage -- even had he wanted to do that, he never got that far.

I'll go ahead and assign their usual character traits to them: Waters has been a class act throughout his career. Pioli came from the most arrogant organization in football and Haley has been a known jackass at every stop in his career.

Hmmmm....wonder which side was most likely acting unreasonably in this whole affair.

Whitlock's a tool, this article is stupid, but so is this idea that Waters stormed into Arrowhead demanding that Pioli and Haley kiss his ring the day before the draft started.

Bingo.

Reerun_KC
02-14-2010, 09:38 PM
What?

Yep I agree! Point Haley....

chiefzilla1501
02-14-2010, 09:38 PM
Bingo.

It's not a "bingo."

The Bad Guy has the account that I probably trust the most and that's not how it went down at all.

Both parties are culpable. Not the lopsided view of culpability presented in the post you responded to.

DeezNutz
02-14-2010, 09:40 PM
I think we are ignoring this post.

Apparently Waters did try to call and set up a meeting, and was ignored.
That is a mistake on the FOs part.

When he just showed up, however, that was a mistake on his aprt.

When he decided to tell Haley how things ran under Carl and Herman ****ing Edwards, while Haley could have handled it better, one has to wonder what the hell Waters was thinking?

They won 6 games in the previous two years.
Who the **** cares how things were run by a failed regime?

Waters may be a man of integrity, but he's clearly a dumbass.

Still not enough key information to clear things up too much.

For example, how was Waters "telling Haley how things were run" under Herm? Was he explaining how things were run in order to understand the new regime's philosophy so that he could help rally the troops for the new guys? Or was he laying down some directives, trying to tell Haley, "Here's how things are going to be?"

Knowing that prior calls were ignored, however, is important to know.

BossChief
02-14-2010, 09:44 PM
I called JW out a bit in a thread about the incident with Waters. I was surprised when he responded...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6245332&postcount=12
you're fat ass hasn't written an article about the team anyway, just crap because Pioli pulled your playa card. (-I know, bad english)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6245369&postcount=26

Originally Posted by jwhit View Post
OK, whatever this means. Some of you guys are comical.
it simply implies that 4/5 of your articles nowadays dont even include the dealings of the team anymore, just bitching about management not letting you as close to the team as in the past.

I dont blame them, you try to drive a wedge in between the players and the management/coaches too much. ala Waters.

Disregard the personnel attack, I thought it was some random poster and not really you.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6245382&postcount=33
That's right. I should've ignored the fact that KC's Pro Bowl offensive guard wanted to be traded after meeting with Haley and Pioli. That's no one's business. Hasn't affected Waters' play at all. It's a nonissue.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6245404&postcount=41

if anything it hurt Waters a little, dont ya think? Made him look like a whiney little bitch, and he isn't. If he truly wanted to be traded, Im sure some trade partners were turned off a little by that type of attitude, that if he doesn't like things he wants out.

no more responses after that, I probably was a little too rude. I think I nailed it back then.

milkman
02-14-2010, 09:46 PM

For example, how was Waters "telling Haley how things were run" under Herm? Was he explaining how things were run in order to understand the new regime's philosophy so that he could help rally the troops for the new guys? Or was he laying down some directives, trying to tell Haley, "Here's how things are going to be?"

Yeah, good point.

I made the assumption that he was trying to tell Haly how things were run so that he'd consider doing much the same.

I shouldn't make that assumption.

The prior calls were ignored, which leads me to question why Waters felt he had to go to Arrowhead.

The fact that they were ignored suggested strongly they simply weren't interested at that time in talking to him.

He pushed when he shouldn't have.

DeezNutz
02-14-2010, 09:54 PM
Yeah, good point.

I made the assumption that he was trying to tell Haly how things were run so that he'd consider doing much the same.

I shouldn't make that assumption.

The prior calls were ignored, which leads me to question why Waters felt he had to go to Arrowhead.

The fact that they were ignored suggested strongly they simply weren't interested at that time in talking to him.

He pushed when he shouldn't have.

Yeah, his ass probably shouldn't have been there in the first place.

So...it's easy to see the angle of him coming in pissed off, trying to set some things straight. At the same time, Waters was such a shill for ****ing Herm that's it's hard to imagine that he wouldn't be drinking the newest flavor of Kool-Aid, too.

Like all things, it's probably a bit of both. Haley's **** up was, unfortunately for him, just really, really quotable. And thus more memorable.

The Bad Guy
02-14-2010, 10:16 PM

He was telling Haley basically what his own comfort zone was. He came into the meeting saying essentially since he was a team camptain in the previous regime, he was taking it upon himself to talk about the aspects he felt worked under Herm.

Prior calls were ignored, however, that happens a lot when a new HC or OC/DC take over. There's a ton of getting comfortable and familiar with your new digs and you want to watch gametapes before you start soliciting the opinions of players on the team.

Waters essentially wanted to make his own first impression on Haley and it didn't go over well.

The Bad Guy
02-14-2010, 10:18 PM
Yeah, his ass probably shouldn't have been there in the first place.

So...it's easy to see the angle of him coming in pissed off, trying to set some things straight. At the same time, Waters was such a shill for ****ing Herm that's it's hard to imagine that he wouldn't be drinking the newest flavor of Kool-Aid, too.

Like all things, it's probably a bit of both. Haley's **** up was, unfortunately for him, just really, really quotable. And thus more memorable.

Waters loved Herm. He was furious when Herm was canned. Waters loved the fact that Herm took it easy on him and his other favorites and didn't want that to change.

milkman
02-14-2010, 10:26 PM
Waters loved Herm. He was furious when Herm was canned. Waters loved the fact that Herm took it easy on him and his other favorites and didn't want that to change.

In the end, to be clear, what you are saying is that Waters could have cleared up some misconceptions about how that meeting went down, but has failed to do so, correct?

Royal Fanatic
02-14-2010, 10:32 PM
You know what's ironic about this whole thing?

The Chiefs were the ones who nominated Brian Waters to be NFL Man of the Year. It sure as hell wasn't some other team that nominated him. It was the Chiefs, and Scott Pioli runs the team.

If Pioli was as big a dick as some of you guys make him out to be, I guarantee you that the Chiefs would have nominated somebody else.

Whitlock is a fucking idiot with a major vendetta against Pioli and Haley. I can't believe the way some of you are acting like his puppets and doing exactly what he wants you to do. He's probably reading this thread right now and laughing his ass off at the way you guys have become so obsessed with a controversy that he created over a year ago and nobody gives a shit about except him. Oh, and DaneMcCloud and |Zach| and a few other guys with WAY too much time on their hands.

Whitlock owns Chiefsplanet right now.

DaneMcCloud
02-14-2010, 10:41 PM
Oh, and DaneMcCloud and |Zach| and a few other guys with WAY too much time on their hands.

Go fuck yourself, n00b.

The Bad Guy
02-14-2010, 10:44 PM
In the end, to be clear, what you are saying is that Waters could have cleared up some misconceptions about how that meeting went down, but has failed to do so, correct?

Yes, he could have. It could have been nipped in the bud immediately. As I said, if Waters was that disrespected, he could have been a ton more proactive in demanding a trade.

Instead, he never said a word in public about how it went down, let Whitlock do all the talking in his agenda-driven columns, and now here we are 20 pages deep on Valentines Day talking about something that happened a while ago.

DaneMcCloud
02-14-2010, 10:45 PM
Now here we are 20 pages deep on Valentines Day talking about something that happened a while ago.

Today is Valentine's Day?

Well fuck me!

milkman
02-14-2010, 10:46 PM

Well **** me!

We love ya Dane, but no, we're not going to fuck you.

DaneMcCloud
02-14-2010, 10:51 PM
We love ya Dane, but no, we're not going to fuck you.

LMAO

Hammock Parties
02-14-2010, 11:09 PM

Well fuck me!

...he said to his wife.....

DeezNutz
02-14-2010, 11:15 PM
He was telling Haley basically what his own comfort zone was. He came into the meeting saying essentially since he was a team camptain in the previous regime, he was taking it upon himself to talk about the aspects he felt worked under Herm.

Prior calls were ignored, however, that happens a lot when a new HC or OC/DC take over. There's a ton of getting comfortable and familiar with your new digs and you want to watch gametapes before you start soliciting the opinions of players on the team.

Waters essentially wanted to make his own first impression on Haley and it didn't go over well.

Good info, dude. Adds a lot to helping understand the situation.

The Bad Guy
02-14-2010, 11:20 PM

Well **** me!

Still have 2 and a half hours to make it right. Que the Barry White music.

Reerun_KC
02-14-2010, 11:22 PM
Still have 2 and a half hours to make it right. Que the Barry White music.

BTW, I hear that Marty is going to start Grbac over Gannon for the playoffs... :cuss:

Should we discuss? Its as relevant as the Gospel according to Whitlock.

RustShack
02-14-2010, 11:23 PM
Whitlock owns Chiefsplanet right now.

ROFL

Reerun_KC
02-14-2010, 11:25 PM
ROFL

Its sad, but true...

He is the way, the truth and the life for some... No others shall be fans except through Whitlock...

Dude can control the message board like no other.. His following is great here....

RustShack
02-14-2010, 11:30 PM
Its sad, but true...

He is the way, the truth and the life for some... No others shall be fans except through Whitlock...

Dude can control the message board like no other.. His following is great here....

I must not go to those threads then.

Royal Fanatic
02-14-2010, 11:46 PM
Go fuck yourself, n00b.

Is that sentiment from you, or is it from your puppet master?

penchief
02-15-2010, 07:52 AM

That says it all.

Todd Haley's sideline demeanor needs work. However, it does not prove that the version of the story that Brian Waters told is all-inclusive or 100% the truth. It certainly doesn't mean that there isn't another side to the story. In fact, there is another side. We just don't know what it is.

Your premise is exactly the same as Whitlock's and just as silly.

Whitlock: Brian Waters won NFL Man of the Year so that proves that Haley is an asshole and vindicates me for waging a year-long smear campaign against Haley and Pioli.

Dane: Brian Waters won the NFL Man of the Year so that proves that what happened between he and Haley was all Haley's fault and Waters was telling the full story when he cried to Whitlock.

Dane: Todd haley is a madman on the sidelines therefore he is an arrogant asshole who insults people unprovoked.

Neither the Man of the Year award nor Todd Haley's sideline demeanor prove that what you believe is true. One has nothing to do with the other.

When I play basketball or football I am an emotional and very competitive guy. But in my daily dealings it is my nature to treat people with dignity and respect. One has nothing to do with the other.

On this board you resort to insults about as much as anyone. But there are a lot of people who say that in real life you are one hell of a nice guy. And I believe them because they are talking from personal experience. Apparently one has nothing to do with the other.

penchief
02-15-2010, 07:59 AM
I have already answered that you dope.

I literally bolded your own post in this thread and showed it to you clear as day.

And I answered that you dope. Twice. I made an honest mistake. Waters showed up two days before the combine, not the draft. In fact, I admitted my mistake immediately after I posted it because Dane brought it to my attention. I thought maybe I was thinking about free-agency or the combine. Then another poster kindly stepped in and reminded all of us that Waters showed up two days before the combine.

I knew that it had something to do with the draft. I just misspoke. I dodn't make anything up. The gist of my point was still valid. Waters showed up unannounced two days before the combine when the front office was deep into the evaluation process. Nothing about my point is any less valid.

Now what else did I "make up?"

Marcellus
02-15-2010, 08:14 AM
Why are you even responding when clearly, you believe this entire incident to be a figment of Whitlock's imagination?

I'm responding to the facts as laid out by Mr. Whitlock. Your entire supposition is based on the idea that Whitlock is a liar.

That's a silly argument.

:LOL:LMAO

SAUTO
02-15-2010, 08:43 AM

the award has nothing to do with integrity, dane. it is for charitable work in the community. a TAX WRITE OFF. i'm sure waters loves doing the work but he also skipped out on the little ones when all this went down. does that show integrity? the kids are waiting and he no shows because todd haley and pioli disrespected him? wow thats classy.

ForeverChiefs58
02-15-2010, 09:27 AM
winning the award with a season like the chiefs had, is like winning ms congeniality or ms photogenic in a beauty contest.

beach tribe
02-15-2010, 09:37 AM
You don't get it: I'm not "siding" with anyone.

I just happen to think that Pioli could have handled this issue in a far more professional manner.

If he had, we'd have never learned of this meeting.

No. If BW hadn't run and tattled like a little bitch, we would have never heard of this meeting.

You're so transparent it's not even worth the time or effort anymore.

Mr. Plow
02-15-2010, 10:21 AM
Waters loved Herm.

That right there is enough for me to say let's trade Waters. Regardless of how some of you feel about Haley, Herm fucking Edwards is worse. He is just a horrible, horrible coach.

-King-
02-15-2010, 10:47 AM
That right there is enough for me to say let's trade Waters. Regardless of how some of you feel about Haley, Herm fucking Edwards is worse. He is just a horrible, horrible coach.

Yup. And as no surprise, Dane also loved Herm and wanted him to come back another year.

Chiefshrink
02-15-2010, 11:01 AM
Could "Pioli" be the next "Obama"? You know, the "next messiah" who blames the previous administration when "sh** hits the fan" only to prove he is waaaaay in over his head.

Personally I like Pioli and it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to early to judge. And now with this uncapped yr upon us we will know how really good he is with the challenges that brings.

Chiefshrink
02-15-2010, 11:03 AM
Who really knows what went on "behind closed doors" between mgmt and Waters?

Whitlock is just stirring the waters again.

Stinger
02-15-2010, 11:06 AM
That's fine and dandy.

But is it necessary to be rude?

Did Dane really type this or did someone take over his account ..................

If so LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

Jilly
02-15-2010, 11:10 AM
I don't like Whitlock either....but do you all EVER agree with anything or anyone ever?

TRR
02-15-2010, 11:11 AM
It could just be me, but I could care less what Haley said to Waters or what went on between those two. Brian Waters seems to be a good guy and a good player, but if he can't get over his cage being rattled by new Management, then move your ass on to another team. Haley wanted to see what he had in a self-titled leader in Brian Waters.

Now obviously Waters got over it, went about his work, and Haley has had nothing but good things to say about Waters ever since.

To me, its a non-story that Whitlock keeps pulling out again and again when he has nothing else to write about.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefshrink
02-15-2010, 11:19 AM
It could just be me, but I could care less what Haley said to Waters or what went on between those two. Brian Waters seems to be a good guy and a good player, but if he can't get over his cage being rattled by new Management, then move your ass on to another team. Haley wanted to see what he had in a self-titled leader in Brian Waters.

Now obviously Waters got over it, went about his work, and Haley has had nothing but good things to say about Waters ever since.

To me, its a non-story that Whitlock keeps pulling out again and again when he has nothing else to write about.
Posted via Mobile Device

My point exactly! Well said!!:clap:

LaChapelle
02-15-2010, 11:28 AM
Whitlock serves a purpose
If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have hated Dick Curl
Why should I have cared

King_Chief_Fan
02-15-2010, 11:29 AM

Posted via Mobile Device

excellent comment. This should cause the thread to be over....well said.

beach tribe
02-15-2010, 01:00 PM
Is that sentiment from you, or is it from your puppet master?

LMFAO.

DaneMcCloud
02-15-2010, 01:02 PM
No. If BW hadn't run and tattled like a little bitch, we would have never heard of this meeting.

You're so transparent it's not even worth the time or effort anymore.

And you're a fucking dumbass crackhead that runs away like a bitch when confronted with your own bullshit.

DaneMcCloud
02-15-2010, 01:03 PM
LMFAO.

Just put me on ignore because it's clearly obvious that you lost your fucking balls during your crack years.

-King-
02-15-2010, 01:05 PM
Dane is so respectful. If only our head coach showed as much respect and compassion as dane does... :rolleyes:

DaneMcCloud
02-15-2010, 01:05 PM
the award has nothing to do with integrity, dane. it is for charitable work in the community. a TAX WRITE OFF. i'm sure waters loves doing the work but he also skipped out on the little ones when all this went down. does that show integrity? the kids are waiting and he no shows because todd haley and pioli disrespected him? wow thats classy.

You know what Jason? I'm done this discussion.

There are so many people here that absolutely hate Jason Whitlock that there's absolutely no reason to discuss his articles any further.

Trust me, I will no longer be commenting on ANY Whitlock articles because too many people think he's a liar with an agenda.

So fuck it.

DaneMcCloud
02-15-2010, 01:06 PM
Dane is so respectful. If only our head coach showed as much respect and compassion as dane does... :rolleyes:

You're off from school today, yet you're sitting in front of the computer?

LMAO

You're like Claythan Junior.

-King-
02-15-2010, 01:07 PM

There are so many people here that absolutely hate Jason Whitlock that there's absolutely no reason to discuss his articles any further.

Trust me, I will no longer be commenting on ANY Whitlock articles because too many people think he's a liar with an agenda.

So fuck it.

Yeah he has no agenda. It's not like he calls Pioli Egoli or constantly talks shit on the organization or anything like that...

-King-
02-15-2010, 01:08 PM
You're off from school today, yet you're sitting in front of the computer?

LMAO

You're like Claythan Junior.

I know. What am I doing. I should be outside enjoying the 20 degree weather. Hey maybe I should take my mustang which has no type of traction across town. Should be fun to see whether I survive or not.

DaneMcCloud
02-15-2010, 01:16 PM
Yeah he has no agenda. It's not like he calls Pioli Egoli or constantly talks shit on the organization or anything like that...

Yeah, I wish he'd endorse and kiss the ass of an organization that's won two playoff games in 38 years and none since the 1993 season.

Why Jason, why?

:deevee:

DaneMcCloud
02-15-2010, 01:21 PM
I know. What am I doing. I should be outside enjoying the 20 degree weather. Hey maybe I should take my mustang which has no type of traction across town. Should be fun to see whether I survive or not.

Dude, when I was 17 years old and had a day off from school, I was hanging with my best friends. We'd drink beer, shoot pool, hit the arcade - whatever.

I certainly didn't spend it sitting in front of a computer debating with a bunch of 30-50 year old guys that were stuck at work.

Go do something.

Rooster
02-15-2010, 01:28 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Exactly.. :clap: Old news. This happened a year ago for Christ sakes.

ChiefMojo
02-15-2010, 01:37 PM
Dane your a joke and always have been one! Fatlock has hated Pioli since his days in New England and that is well known. Keep kissing Fatlock's ass Dane you joke!

-King-
02-15-2010, 01:41 PM
Yeah, I wish he'd endorse and kiss the ass of an organization that's won two playoff games in 38 years and none since the 1993 season.

Why Jason, why?

:deevee:

I thought you were done talking about this?

beach tribe
02-15-2010, 01:41 PM
Just put me on ignore because it's clearly obvious that you lost your ****ing balls during your crack years.

You're so clever. Your wit makes want to luge into a metal pole.

-King-
02-15-2010, 01:44 PM
Dude, when I was 17 years old and had a day off from school, I was hanging with my best friends. We'd drink beer, shoot pool, hit the arcade - whatever.

I certainly didn't spend it sitting in front of a computer debating with a bunch of 30-50 year old guys that were stuck at work.

Go do something.

I will eventually. Sorry I don't meet your schedule of having fun. I'm relaxing right now, go to work, and then I might do something. Sorry to disappoint you. I know I don't meet your expectations.

King_Chief_Fan
02-15-2010, 01:45 PM

Go do something.

I don't care who you are...that's funny right there.

SAUTO
02-15-2010, 03:01 PM

So fuck it.

dane, the problem is that whitlock obviously does have an agenda. and to be honest i stayed out of the thread until i read that winning that award meant he HAD TO have integrity

DaneMcCloud
02-15-2010, 03:03 PM
You're so clever. Your wit makes want to luge into a metal pole.

The synapses still aren't firing correctly I see.

Good luck with that.

ChiefGator
02-15-2010, 04:58 PM
To all those who claim people just hate Whitlock, that isn't true. Hell, often times I decide to sit down and read one of his pieces, only to be sorely disappointed that it apparently ANOTHER in the long line of identical pieces. Occasionally Whitlock surprises, but usually I can predict his drivel before I even read it.

For me it's more sheer disappointment that I sit here in a desert of Chiefs news, and when I do find a published article which may have news, it is just Whitlock beating his ass with the same old message again.

Sad and disappointing.

milkman
02-15-2010, 09:02 PM

Go do something.

When you were a kid, we didn't have computers.

DaneMcCloud
02-15-2010, 09:44 PM
When you were a kid, we didn't have computers.

Actually, we did.

We had an IBM PC when I was in high school (maybe even junior high - can't remember). That's were I first learned Lotus, and even took a computerized accounting course in high school.

We also had a few lame games as well but my brother's Commodore 64 was by far cooler.

:D

Seriously though, being computer literate at a young age saved my ass on several occasions.

milkman
02-15-2010, 09:45 PM
Actually, we did.

We had an IBM PC when I was in high school (maybe even junior high - can't remember). That's were I first learned Lotus, and even took a computerized accounting course in high school.

We also had a few lame games as well but my brother's Commodore 64 was by far cooler.

:D

My bad.

I was thinking of me.

DaneMcCloud
02-15-2010, 09:46 PM
My bad.

I was thinking of me.

LMAO

But with all that said, it never took precedence over drinking with my buddies and banging girls.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-16-2010, 12:44 AM
Could "Pioli" be the next "Obama"? You know, the "next messiah" who blames the previous administration when "sh** hits the fan" only to prove he is waaaaay in over his head.

Personally I like Pioli and it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to early to judge. And now with this uncapped yr upon us we will know how really good he is with the challenges that brings.

Your football acumen is as sharp as your political acumen. But I'm sure Jeb could have turned it all around in eight years, right?

Fucking dumbass.

-King-
02-16-2010, 01:25 AM
LMAO

But with all that said, it never took precedence over drinking with my buddies and banging girls.

And it's taking precedent over girls for me? This whole thread has been nothing but assumptions from you. Whether it be about Waters being disrespected(even though you didn't think he was earlier) or about me. Sorry, I'm not GoChiefs.

spanky 52
02-16-2010, 07:01 AM
Since this is a tread about Waters, will the Chiefs pay him the 1.5 million roster bonus he is due on the 15th of March or cut his ass? Was at a site called Outsiders Football and they had an article about some interesting roster bonus decisions facing NFL teams on or after the 5th of March. Given that he made 4.1 million in 2009, and his play wasn't all that great, I think he's gone.