PDA

View Full Version : Life Pile-up on the highway

JD10367
02-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Okay, just caught a quick shot on the Weather Channel, apparently there was a pileup in KC today? Showed a highway overpass, and the thing was friggin' STACKED with cars. :shake: Can't find any pics online yet, but I hope everyone from this board avoided it. (Although I'm sure some will blame it on Cassel and Pioli...)

milkman
02-14-2010, 05:05 PM
Cassel was throwing passes into a basket, but missed his target.

Wyndex
02-14-2010, 05:07 PM
per johnny dare on facebook

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs214.snc3/22138_1228899368826_1419357007_586673_4475531_n.jpg

I-70 and KS-7

also heard there was a 18wheeler incident just past 87th and I-35

Dartgod
02-14-2010, 05:08 PM
I saw it on the news earlier. On WB I-70 near Bonner Springs. 40 some cars involved and no fatalities and few serious injuries.

http://www.kctv5.com/video/22563742/index.html

Groves
02-14-2010, 05:10 PM
ok, so I hope nobody was hurt. I do have a question.

How does all this mess get straightened out? Not physically, I can see how that works, but insurance wise? Does everyone get paid by the person behind them for failing to control their vehicle? Act of God clause?

Gonzo
02-14-2010, 05:10 PM
I heard about this. Something like 40 cars?
Posted via Mobile Device

googlegoogle
02-14-2010, 05:14 PM
Out of work collision repair guys happy.

milkman
02-14-2010, 05:15 PM

How does all this mess get straightened out? Not physically, I can see how that works, but insurance wise? Does everyone get paid by the person behind them for failing to control their vehicle? Act of God clause?

I'm sure that the insurance companies will find a way to screw each and everyone of them over.

JD10367
02-14-2010, 05:32 PM
And when I googled "kansas city pile up" I got a few different responses. Does this happen a lot out there? Are you guys in an area where you happen to get a lot of freezing-bridge conditions?

I hit a freezing-bridge situation in Georgia once. The highway was fine, and as soon as we hit the bridge it was being on an ice-skating rink and the car immediately went sideways. So I can see how these pile-ups quickly get out of control...

Guru
02-14-2010, 05:38 PM
Damn, hope they get the road cleaned up by tomorrow morning.

milkman
02-14-2010, 05:41 PM
So I can see how these pile-ups quickly get out of control...

Especially when a poorly thrown football hits your windshield in these conditions.

Fish
02-14-2010, 05:46 PM
My ex was on her way to KC today and got in the middle of this. She was picking someone up from the airport, and was going to pick up my daughter afterwards. I was actually on the phone with her at the time of the crash. She mentioned something about an SUV passing her going about 70mph, when the rest of the cars were barely doing 35mph. Then a few seconds later, she said "Ohh no, ohh no", and screamed. Then it sounded like her phone was in a dryer. More screaming. As you can imagine, all sorts of things went through my head at that point. She ended up being fine, although very shaken up. My daughter was on my lap while I was talking the whole time too. Hard to keep your cool when you're not sure if the mother of your child just died talking on the phone with you.

Delano
02-14-2010, 05:49 PM
My ex was on her way to KC today and got in the middle of this. She was picking someone up from the airport, and was going to pick up my daughter afterwards. I was actually on the phone with her at the time of the crash. She mentioned something about an SUV passing her going about 70mph, when the rest of the cars were barely doing 35mph. Then a few seconds later, she said "Ohh no, ohh no", and screamed. Then it sounded like her phone was in a dryer. More screaming. As you can imagine, all sorts of things went through my head at that point. She ended up being fine, although very shaken up. My daughter was on my lap while I was talking the whole time too. Hard to keep your cool when you're not sure if the mother of your child just died talking on the phone with you.

Damn.

Glad she is okay.
Posted via Mobile Device

JD10367
02-14-2010, 05:56 PM

Was she in the middle of it? Car totaled?

Guru
02-14-2010, 06:00 PM
Glad she is OK Fish. That would have to have been hard on you being helpless to do anything.

I have to ask though, was she on a hands free device? I certainly hope so.

Bugeater
02-14-2010, 06:01 PM
On the phone. On the freeway. In the middle of a snowstorm. Brilliant.

kstater
02-14-2010, 06:02 PM

Moot point. Kansas is a no fault state(or was when I lived there).

kstater
02-14-2010, 06:03 PM

Glad she'd ok. Tell her to stay off the phone while driving. Tell everyone that as well.

Gonzo
02-14-2010, 06:06 PM
This reminded me of the time I was driving through Dallas on the way home a few years ago.
They got hit with an ice storm, I was driving my pickup in 4 wheel drive going about 40. Perople were sliding into the dividing walls and other cars, absolutely cluless about how to drive in that shit.
It didn't take long for some of them to notice my Nebraska plates and how well I was doing. I led a convoy of rice burners and Mercedes through that entire town. People were getting off the highway at their respective exits, when they did they'd honk and wave at me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Delano
02-14-2010, 06:10 PM
This reminded me of the time I was driving through Dallas on the way home a few years ago.
They got hit with an ice storm, I was driving my pickup in 4 wheel drive going about 40. Perople were sliding into the dividing walls and other cars, absolutely cluless about how to drive in that shit.
It didn't take long for some of them to notice my Nebraska plates and how well I was doing. I led a convoy of rice burners and Mercedes through that entire town. People were getting off the highway at their respective exits, when they did they'd honk and wave at me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Awesome.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dartgod
02-14-2010, 06:20 PM
Glad she'd ok. Tell her to stay off the phone while driving. Tell everyone that as well.
So you never talk on the cell phone when driving?

kstater
02-14-2010, 06:22 PM

No. If it's important, they'll leave a message.

Fish
02-14-2010, 06:26 PM
I guess she was right in the middle of the cars. And yes, she was talking while driving. Stupid I know, and I can't defend that. Her phone slipped out of her hands during the crash, and she couldn't find it. The silence and waiting until she found the phone was rough.

I'm not exactly sure how bad the car was. I know it popped the radiator, because she was asking about all the green fluid leaking out, and whether she should turn off the car at that point. The halfway humorous thing was that it wasn't even her vehicle. It belonged to the person she was picking up from the airport....

JD10367
02-14-2010, 06:27 PM
I guess she was right in the middle of the cars. And yes, she was talking while driving. Stupid I know, and I can't defend that. Her phone slipped out of her hands during the crash, and she couldn't find it. The silence and waiting until she found the phone was rough.

I'm not exactly sure how bad the car was. I know it popped the radiator, because she was asking about all the green fluid leaking out, and whether she should turn off the car at that point. The halfway humorous thing was that it wasn't even her vehicle. It belonged to the person she was picking up from the airport....

I know it's not a funny situation, but I had to LMAO at that, 'cause it sounds like the stereotypical "clueless female driver". "There were four round rubbery circles at each corner of the car when I first got in, but one of them fell off... is that important?" :D

KChiefs1
02-14-2010, 06:33 PM

Don't have a cell phone.

-King-
02-14-2010, 06:48 PM

Damn how's that person taking it?
Posted via Mobile Device

JD10367
02-14-2010, 06:52 PM
Damn how's that person taking it?
Posted via Mobile Device

Probably better than if the accident had occurred AFTER they were picked up at the airport, with them in the car...

LaChapelle
02-14-2010, 06:57 PM
Kansas
Must have got over an inch of snow
they all rush home to make out with snow angels

sd4chiefs
02-14-2010, 07:30 PM
From CNN

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/weather/2010/02/14/vo.ks.multi.car.pileup.kshb?hpt=T1

BWillie
02-14-2010, 07:32 PM
Moot point. Kansas is a no fault state(or was when I lived there).

A no fault state only pertains to injuries. Somebody is always at fault.

Kraus
02-14-2010, 07:40 PM
From CNN

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/weather/2010/02/14/vo.ks.multi.car.pileup.kshb?hpt=T1

Damn...

soopamanluva
02-14-2010, 07:42 PM

Something like that happened to me. In 08 my wife was talking to me when she rolled her envoy over. I had 1 million different things go through my head at that moment. She turned out to be okay but she had a miscarriage because of it

Bearcat
02-14-2010, 07:43 PM
I probably passed about 20 cars in 4 separate accidents in what normally would be a 20 minute drive down 35S/69S/435E.

Pants
02-14-2010, 07:46 PM
Kansas
Must have got over an inch of snow
they all rush home to make out with snow angels

The pile-up happened due to no visibilty.

LaChapelle
Talking out of his ass

wildcat09
02-14-2010, 07:49 PM
I went through 2 separate pile ups at the intersection of 69N and 35N on my way to the airport this afternoon. There was a minivan that had the whole backend taken off by the jaws of life. It was crazy.

Bearcat
02-14-2010, 08:02 PM
I went through 2 separate pile ups at the intersection of 69N and 35N on my way to the airport this afternoon. There was a minivan that had the whole backend taken off by the jaws of life. It was crazy.

Yeah, the one on 69 looked pretty bad... but I was going south and I'm the anti-gawker. Watch it on the news, asshole! :cuss:

not you, the dipshit in front of me going 25mph while driving past the wreck...

wildcat09
02-14-2010, 08:05 PM
Yeah, the one on 69 looked pretty bad... but I was going south and I'm the anti-gawker. Watch it on the news, asshole! :cuss:

not you, the dipshit in front of me going 25mph while driving past the wreck...

I hear ya......The traffic was backed up for miles because people wanted to look.......irritates the crap out of me.

Gonzo
02-14-2010, 08:26 PM

LaChapelle
Talking out of his ass

Really.
I thought dude stopped
posting like this.

May as well start
Up his old blueballs
account.
Posted via Mobile Device

LaChapelle
02-14-2010, 09:07 PM

LaChapelle
Talking out of his ass

You make snow angels face down don't you
ROFL

Phobia
02-14-2010, 10:00 PM

Well, I'll get you my ex-wife's phone number and wish you better luck next time.

ClevelandBronco
02-14-2010, 11:17 PM

Glad to hear your wife and kid are okay.

And if that green fluid is still available there are a couple of guys from the Planet I could send over to the scene to lap that stuff up.

Buehler445
02-15-2010, 06:06 AM

Glad she's OK fish.

Frazod
02-15-2010, 08:24 AM
Well, I'll get you my ex-wife's phone number and wish you better luck next time.

:LOL:

patteeu
02-15-2010, 11:09 AM

Which way were you rooting?

MOhillbilly
02-15-2010, 11:10 AM
I didnt hear nobody pray.

tifosibrotha
02-15-2010, 02:30 PM
KC Fish, my name is Marcus. I work with Channel 9 here in KC. I'm glad your ex cameout okay! Do you think she would be willing to share her story with us tonight for our newscast? Thanks so much! You can reach me at:

eight-one-six-seven-six-zero-nine-three-three-five

JOhn
02-15-2010, 02:31 PM
KC Fish, my name is Marcus. I work with Channel 9 here in KC. I'm glad your ex cameout okay! Do you think she would be willing to share her story with us tonight for our newscast? Thanks so much!

Only if you Mention Chiefs Planet :D

Fish
02-15-2010, 02:58 PM
KC Fish, my name is Marcus. I work with Channel 9 here in KC. I'm glad your ex cameout okay! Do you think she would be willing to share her story with us tonight for our newscast? Thanks so much! You can reach me at:

I'll pass on your information and see what she says. She doesn't live in KC though, so that may prevent any type of interview. But I'll ask.

Bill Lundberg
02-15-2010, 04:19 PM

Marcus - Welcome to the planet. I really enjoy your stories on Channel 9.

tifosibrotha
02-15-2010, 05:58 PM
I'll pass on your information and see what she says. She doesn't live in KC though, so that may prevent any type of interview. But I'll ask.

Cool. Thanks for responding.

Bill, I appreciate you watching and thanks for the welcome! :thumb:

stlchiefs
02-15-2010, 05:59 PM

Are you supposed to sing the phone number when it's typed out like that? 867-5309

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tBHJqtgo8RA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tBHJqtgo8RA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

tifosibrotha
02-15-2010, 07:48 PM
[QUOTE=stlchiefs;6534685]Are you supposed to sing the phone number when it's typed out like that? 867-5309

QUOTE]

You can, but I'm thinking it would be more like the Brian McKnight song "Back at One", somethin' nice n' smooooth. I'd post the youtube link, but it won't let me! haha

Donger
02-15-2010, 07:49 PM
[QUOTE=stlchiefs;6534685]Are you supposed to sing the phone number when it's typed out like that? 867-5309

QUOTE]

You can, but I'm thinking it would be more like the Brian McKnight song "Back at One", somethin' nice n' smooooth. I'd post the youtube link, but it won't let me! haha

Ferrari fan?

tifosibrotha
02-17-2010, 01:45 AM
[QUOTE=tifosibrotha;6534949]

Ferrari fan?

Yes sir! I'm an F1 fanatic too! Should be interesting to see how Schumi does this season and whether or not Alonso can do big things at the Scuderia Fiorano!