PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Interesting Tampa Bay Draft News

Marco Polo
02-16-2010, 08:29 AM
May help with Berry falling to us. He's referring to Suh per Rotoworld:

<TABLE class=s_playerNewsTable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD><TD class=s_playerNewsLeftBorder>http://www.rotoworld.com/images/pixel.gif</TD><TD class=s_playerNewsText>Bucs GM Mark Dominik says he is prepared to trade up in the draft if that's what it takes to land the player Tampa Bay wants.
"We have the ability to go either direction," he said. "We’ll prepare to go either direction, which is a good option for Tampa Bay." While the Bucs surely desire one of the draft's top defensive tackles, a trade up is unlikely for perhaps the NFL's cheapest team. They'd be smarter to move down anyway
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Pestilence
02-16-2010, 09:30 AM
They've got that extra 2nd round pick to help.

The Bad Guy
02-16-2010, 09:33 AM
If I'm the Rams, I jump at the chance to get extra picks, pay a smaller salary, and draft a QB at 3. That would be a huge win because then, no chance Berry gets taken before 5.

rockymtnchief
02-16-2010, 09:37 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=6525603#post6525603

Pestilence
02-16-2010, 09:42 AM
If I'm the Rams, I jump at the chance to get extra picks, pay a smaller salary, and draft a QB at 3. That would be a huge win because then, no chance Berry gets taken before 5.

This.....it's all going to depend on what they're willing to take for the #1 pick. If I'm sitting at #1......I'll honestly take the Bucs 1st rounder and 2nd rounder to move down 2 spots. They can let the Bucs take Suh at #1 and then wait and see what Detroit does with the #2 pick. Who knows....Detroit could be dumb and pass on McCoy for the highest OT. If Detroit does take McCoy though....St. Louis then has their choice of Bradford or Clausen.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-16-2010, 09:49 AM
Tampa is praying that St. Louis goes QB at one.

If they don't, the Bucs have to trade up to get either Suh or McCoy.

If I'm St. Louis, I definitely trade back, because neither Tampa nor Detroit will take a QB, and no one else will be willing to trade into the top 5.

4 picks in the first 65 selections would go a long way towards rebuilding St. Louis.

If I'm them, I go something like

1.Clausen
2a. Weatherspoon
2b. Everson Griffen
3a. Cam Thomas/Arthur Jones

That gives the Rams a front 7 of:

RDE: Griffen
3T: Carriker
NT: Thomas
LDE: Long

WLB: Weatherspoon
MLB: Pile Jumper
SLB: Vobora (a piece of shit, but oh well).

They'd still need to improve their CBs (awful) and get a legit #1 in the 2011 draft, but if they did that, and dealt Stephen Jackson for picks, they'd have a nucleus that could compete for a long time.

BigChiefFan
02-16-2010, 10:28 AM
That sounds good for the Rams, but I doubt, they find a partner, willing to give up the picks. Too many holes in the roster, for the top 5 teams. Not too mention the depth of the draft, pretty much guarantees those who do their research to pick up several starters, with some high first day picks.

Pestilence
02-16-2010, 10:29 AM
That sounds good for the Rams, but I doubt, they find a partner, willing to give up the picks. Too many holes in the roster, for the top 5 teams. Not too mention the depth of the draft, pretty much guarantees those who do their research to pick up several starters, with some high first day picks.

The Bucs could pull it off........they have an extra 2nd round pick. The Bucs need a WR and defensive line help. They could fill those needs by trading up for Suh and then drafting a WR in the 2nd round.

BigChiefFan
02-16-2010, 10:32 AM
The Bucs could pull it off........they have an extra 2nd round pick. The Bucs need a WR and defensive line help. They could fill those needs by trading up for Suh and then drafting a WR in the 2nd round.

Sure, they COULD, but again, the reasons, I spoke of, make it just as likely, that they don't trade up. Let's also not forget this gem taken from the thread...

"a trade up is unlikely for perhaps the NFL's cheapest team."