PDA

View Full Version : Electronics Cell phone plans

Priest31kc
02-16-2010, 03:47 PM
Looking to get a different cell phone carrier, I currently have T-Mobile. What's everyone got on here? Im wanting 2 ppl on the plan & both unlimited plans....I heard WalMart has their own service now, what about Boost Mobile or Cricket?

Pestilence
02-16-2010, 03:50 PM
My wife and I have Sprint Everything Family Plan.

Unlimited Texts
Unlimited Data
Unlimited Picture messages
1500 minutes
Unlimited nights and weekends
Insurance on both of our phones

And we pay around $115 a month.

Stewie
02-16-2010, 03:53 PM
I have a T-Mobile pay as you go account. I'm not a heavy user and paying $39/$49 per month was stupid.

Katipan
02-16-2010, 03:54 PM
heh I used Boost and Cricket.

Now I use iwireless and it's all the same.

Unlimited talk/text/web for like $55, no contract.

SDChiefs
02-16-2010, 03:56 PM
I use Verizon. Its expensive but I never lose coverage.

DaFace
02-16-2010, 04:33 PM

Unlimited Texts
Unlimited Data
1500 minutes

Are yours "normal" phones or smart phones? I'm looking to upgrade, but they won't let me put a smart phone on my $30 SERO plan.

pr_capone
02-16-2010, 04:35 PM
Are yours "normal" phones or smart phones? I'm looking to upgrade, but they won't let me put a smart phone on my $30 SERO plan.

WTF?

I know they won't allow a blackberry on the SERO but I currently have a Palm Treo Pro on my SERO plan.

DaFace
02-16-2010, 04:37 PM
WTF?

I know they won't allow a blackberry on the SERO but I currently have a Palm Treo Pro on my SERO plan.

Hmm...didn't know that. I was looking at a Blackberry, and they explained it as "no smart phones." I'll have to look back into it. I just can't give up my $65/month unlimited everything for the wife and I.

Pestilence
02-16-2010, 04:40 PM

I have a Palm Pre and my wife has the Palm Centro.

phisherman
02-16-2010, 04:42 PM
the blackberry is a bit different, they may charge you a $10-15 monthly extra fee for it, but you can put one on SERO. the only phones not eligible explicitly for SERO are the Instincts, the Pre, the Pixi and any of the Android phones.

BigMeatballDave
02-16-2010, 04:42 PM
I use Verizon. Its expensive but I never lose coverage.This. I could save by switching, but I love their service and coverage. Plus, I just upgraded to the Droid, so I'm stuck...:D

pr_capone
02-16-2010, 04:47 PM
the blackberry is a bit different, they may charge you a $10-15 monthly extra fee for it, but you can put one on SERO. the only phones not eligible explicitly for SERO are the Instincts, the Pre, the Pixi and any of the Android phones.

Why no Pre, Pixi, or Android phones?

rambleonthruthefog
02-16-2010, 05:08 PM

Unlimited Texts
Unlimited Data
1500 minutes

i used to hate sprint, but they seem to have come around a tad. my wife and i have a similar plan, and are happy enough with it.

phisherman
02-16-2010, 05:24 PM
Why no Pre, Pixi, or Android phones?

because these are their "flagship" phones. other than that, i don't really know. I just know that I'm on SERO and I can't have my Instinct on it. Same goes for the Pre, Pixi, etc.

Basically they're saying to SERO customers, "look, you have a cheap enough plan. if you want our latest, greatest phones, upgrade to a Simply Everything plan."

Pushead2
02-16-2010, 05:28 PM
AT&T iPhone junkie.

chefsos
02-16-2010, 05:58 PM
I have a T-Mobile pay as you go account. I'm not a heavy user and paying $39/$49 per month was stupid.I'm considering stepping down to that type of deal too. I'm paying about $50/month for an AT&T phone that I don't use nearly often enough to justify the cost IMO.

If I stopped accruing rollover minutes right now, I'd probably spend the rest of my life using up the ones I have.

God of Thunder
02-16-2010, 07:11 PM
I too am an iPhone junkie only...I have TMobile. 5 dollar full internet, unlimited text, free apps, first run movies, and best of all, no contract!

Bugeater
02-16-2010, 07:15 PM
Net10, my phone was $15 and I spend $20-30/mo on minutes. But then again I'm not one of those dorks who think they need a phone that does everyfuckingthing.

HotRoute
02-16-2010, 07:22 PM

Unlimited Texts
Unlimited Data
1500 minutes

doesnt sprint start their "night time" terms in their contract at 7pm instead of 9-10pm?

pr_capone
02-16-2010, 08:05 PM
I'm not one of those dorks who think they need a phone that does every****ingthing.

Wow.

Several things I feel inclined to correct in this post.

First, we are nerds or geeks... not dorks. Dork implies that we are generally worthless while a geek or a nerd is the guy/girl you would turn to when you need help with something electronics or D&D related.

Second, we DO need a phone that does ever fucking thing. How else would we manage our email accounts, play sudoku, listen to music, facebook, youtube, and browse the web while on the go if it were not for these wonderful devices?

Sure, we could carry around an MP3 player, a phone, a calculator, a gameboy, and a laptop. Personally I prefer the phone.

:p:p:p

God of Thunder
02-16-2010, 08:07 PM
Wow.

Several things I feel inclined to correct in this post.

First, we are nerds or geeks... not dorks. Dork implies that we are generally worthless while a geek or a nerd is the guy/girl you would turn to when you need help with something electronics or D&D related.

Second, we DO need a phone that does ever ****ing thing. How else would we manage our email accounts, play sudoku, listen to music, facebook, youtube, and browse the web while on the go if it were not for these wonderful devices?

Sure, we could carry around an MP3 player, a phone, a calculator, a gameboy, and a laptop. Personally I prefer the phone.

:p:p:p

Ooooo and mine does first run movies, so carry a whole theater too.

Bearcat
02-16-2010, 08:09 PM
Net10, my phone was $15 and I spend $20-30/mo on minutes. But then again I'm not one of those dorks who think they need a phone that does every****ingthing.

Mine even has this inbound and outbound voice calling feature that I've used a few times... does yours do that?

Priest31kc
02-16-2010, 08:13 PM
Im gunna go tomorrow and get the Straight Talk from Wal Mart. 45 bucks for unlimited everything. And it uses Verizons coverage, and thats pretty much the best. Not many phone options, and you have to use their phones bc it doesnt use sim cards, but thats okay. The touch phone is 300 bucks, its a samsung. They use Samsung, LG & Motorola. Im gunna get the samsung slide phone for 100 bucks. Ive read some great reviews on it, great coverage & 45 bucks is as cheap as it gets for unlimited everything. And its only 30 bucks for 1000 minutes, 1000 texts & 30 MB internet.

BTW, whats the difference between unlimited internet & 30 MB internet??

pr_capone
02-16-2010, 08:29 PM
BTW, whats the difference between unlimited internet & 30 MB internet??

One is unlimited internet and the other isn't.

googlegoogle
02-16-2010, 09:16 PM
I use a CB radio.

jjchieffan
02-16-2010, 10:49 PM
I like Verizon. I was an Alltel customer pre merger. I just upgraded to Droids for me and the wife. The internet is extremely fast, the coverage is great, and my plan isnt all that expensive for what I get. I was able to stay with a lower priced Alltel plan,and just pay the 30 a month extra for the Droid plan instead of switching to a higher priced Verizon plan. I am able to have a lower minutes plan because my circle keeps my usage of peak minutes low. Also, Verizon has a great deal on the Droids right now. I got the Motorola Droid for $200, and my wife got the HTC Droid Eris free.