PDA

View Full Version : Poop Remember when this place used to be the cesspool?

Saul Good
02-16-2010, 06:39 PM
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=223489

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=223454

RJ
02-16-2010, 07:33 PM
Yep, this forum is no longer The cesspool.

Saul Good
02-16-2010, 07:46 PM
I don't even think it's A cesspool.

Taco John
02-16-2010, 08:08 PM
Frankly, I love this forum. I think it's a great place to discuss politics.

RJ
02-16-2010, 08:13 PM
I don't even think it's A cesspool.

From the viewpoint of a casual reader like myself, it's gotten much better in just the past few weeks. I don't know why that would be, but it is noticeable.

Saul Good
02-16-2010, 08:20 PM
From the viewpoint of a casual reader like myself, it's gotten much better in just the past few weeks. I don't know why that would be, but it is noticeable.

As a conservative, I'll admit that the bulk of the problems were coming from the over-exuberant members of the right. Now that those poster(s) have calmed down, the vacuum of idiocy is being rapidly filled by members of the other side of the aisle.

Taco John
02-16-2010, 10:01 PM

The Scott Brown election calmed a lot of the hysteria, and grid lock has set into Washington. There's nothing to feel so desperate about. The health care bill is dead. Climate legislation is dead. They're trying to ressurect life into them, but with everyone in congress feeling the noose around their own necks, nobody is going to do too much to make waves.

Chocolate Hog
02-16-2010, 10:11 PM
The Scott Brown election calmed a lot of the hysteria, and grid lock has set into Washington. There's nothing to feel so desperate about. The health care bill is dead. Climate legislation is dead. They're trying to ressurect life into them, but with everyone in congress feeling the noose around their own necks, nobody is going to do too much to make waves.

Who woulda thought electing a Neo-con would be such a good thing?

headsnap
02-16-2010, 10:20 PM

point<-------------------------------------------------->billay

Chocolate Hog
02-16-2010, 11:19 PM
point<-------------------------------------------------->billay

Do you feel like a big man since you won at gambling on the internets 7+ years ago?

ClevelandBronco
02-16-2010, 11:24 PM
Good time for a 40 day pause.

headsnap
02-17-2010, 12:52 AM
Do you feel like a big man since you won at gambling on the internets 7+ years ago?

betting the Over on a Dick Vermiel coached team isn't really rocket surgery... ;)

BucEyedPea
02-17-2010, 01:44 AM

Me

I said to folks I know in Mass. Brown is my useful idiot. Someday patteeu might get a chance to fulfill that role.:hmmm:

Norman Einstein
02-17-2010, 09:48 AM
Frankly, I love this forum. I think it's a great place to discuss politics.

Discussion would be great if you can weed out the arguments, name calling and open hatred.

There are those, probably me included, that could clean up their acts and make it somewhat better. I have noticed that even if you do change your style you have those that live with the memory of your last post and can't differentiate between topics in their responses.

Such is Life.

Norman Einstein
02-17-2010, 09:50 AM
Me

I said to folks I know in Mass. Brown is my useful idiot. Someday patteeu might get a chance to fulfill that role.:hmmm:

So anyone that doesn't see things as you do are 'useful idiots'? Sad.

The Mad Crapper
02-17-2010, 10:22 AM
I think its cute the way Zach told me that he "never calls people names" and he swore by it, and then about a week later he called Bootlegged a ahem "scumbag".

If people are alluding to the fact that my absence has corresponded with a higher level of civility in the forum, I'm ok with that.

There isn't much left to talk about, Obama sucks, he's done a shit job, and he will continue to suck and do a shit job so what really is there to talk about?

I'm devoting all my free time to reading THE BLACK BOOK OF COMMUNISM; each and every page reminds of Banyon, Orange, Sully, and Zach.

jiveturkey
02-17-2010, 10:35 AM
I'm with you. It's a great place to read the latest political news and the first page or two of replies are insightful but then it turns into the usually dumbassery.

It has been better recently.

banyon
02-17-2010, 10:52 AM
I think its cute the way Zach told me that he "never calls people names" and he swore by it, and then about a week later he called Bootlegged a ahem "scumbag".

If people are alluding to the fact that my absence has corresponded with a higher level of civility in the forum, I'm ok with that.

I'm not alluding to it, I'll state it directly.

patteeu
02-17-2010, 11:23 AM
I don't think this place has ever been any worse than the Lounge really.

I might be in the minority, but I think Norma adds positive spice to the place. irishjayhawk is OK too, although I see that he's started a thread today in which he plays the unlikely role of expert on the founding fathers and their writings. Maybe Norma can start a thread lecturing us on the need to bend over backward in order to cater to racial sensitivity.

Chocolate Hog
02-17-2010, 01:25 PM
betting the Over on a Dick Vermiel coached team isn't really rocket surgery... ;)

I wish I was old enough to gamble in Vegas back then :(

RJ
02-17-2010, 01:28 PM

I wasn't. I didn't know you'd been gone.

No offense, I'm just note over here that often.

Norman Einstein
02-17-2010, 02:09 PM

Rocket surgery? Is that anything like rocket science?

Saul Good
02-17-2010, 07:55 PM

Give him some credit. He's calmed down and become a solid poster.

The Mad Crapper
02-18-2010, 11:23 AM

OK, so now that I'm back, you be sure and let everyone know when it becomes a cesspool again.

:rolleyes:

The Mad Crapper
02-18-2010, 11:24 AM
I wasn't. I didn't know you'd been gone.

No offense, I'm just note over here that often.

Thank you RJ, I can always count on you for an honest perspective, unlike Banyon, Orange, BRC, Amnorix, Silly et al.

banyon
02-18-2010, 11:25 AM
Give him some credit. He's calmed down and become a solid poster.

Yeah, look at the very next post- back to insults and hysteria about communism.

The Mad Crapper
02-18-2010, 11:40 AM

The evil of communism could not flourish or be perpetuated without enablers like you. I posted a link to the Glenn Beck special recently aired on Fox, and you engaged in nothing but ad hominems, conjecture and hyperbole because you cannot accept the complicity of the American Progressive movement with bloody Fascist and Communist regimes abroad.

banyon
02-18-2010, 12:50 PM
The evil of communism could not flourish or be perpetuated without enablers like you. I posted a link to the Glenn Beck special recently aired on Fox, and you engaged in nothing but ad hominems, conjecture and hyperbole because you cannot accept the complicity of the American Progressive movement with bloody Fascist and Communist regimes abroad.

It wasn't nothing but ad hominems and conjecture. In fact the post you just quoted in the thread set out my position exactly.

So, to sum up your posting style- here we have added the disingenuous distortions to the insults and hysteria- the return is nigh unto complete.

BucEyedPea
02-18-2010, 01:01 PM
The evil of communism could not flourish or be perpetuated without enablers like you.

Yup! If banyon could ban certain speech he'd probably ban such talk on communism. banyon contributes to making this place a cesspool with his own constant attacks including stalking certain posters ( like free-marketers) over endlessly as if he lives in fear that the truth will come out. I'd say that's trolling a bit if you ask me.

The Mad Crapper
02-18-2010, 01:16 PM
It wasn't nothing but ad hominems and conjecture. In fact the post you just quoted in the thread set out my position exactly.

So, to sum up your posting style- here we have added the disingenuous distortions to the insults and hysteria- the return is nigh unto complete.

Progressive solutions regarding power involve (1)transparency in government (2)accountability to the public (3)checks on corruption/lobbying (4)independent audits, (5)public access to officials, inter alia.

Show me some of these progressive "solutions".

They also involve the pretty basic acknowledgement that power can grow just as easily through the accumulation of massive sums of wealth in trusts and monopolies or dynastic wealth, which you pretend doesn't exist, despite countless historical examples of such behavior, thus your laissez-faire ideology, which has already failed to check such accumulations on multiple occasions in history, basically just enables those who want to accumulate such power into doing so.

As opposed to what? Communism?
This is pure conjecture.

HonestChieffan
02-18-2010, 01:16 PM
Its a normal liberal approach. One avoids dealing with specifics, always shift blame, and as soon as possible move to name calling and ad hominems if really well versed in liberal madness. Its a learned behavior that comes from trying to make a logical arguement on a liberal pov only to learn that every time one tries you are ass whipped and sent home and you don't even get to keep the ball.

This site helps those understand who are not aquainted with the derangement of these people...click here..http://dissectleft.blogspot.com/

The Mad Crapper
02-18-2010, 01:17 PM
Its a normal liberal approach. One avoids dealing with specifics, always shift blame, and as soon as possible move to name calling and ad hominems if really well versed in liberal madness. Its a learned behavior that comes from trying to make a logical arguement on a liberal pov only to learn that every time one tries you are ass whipped and sent home and you don't even get to keep the ball.

This site helps those understand who are not aquainted with the derangement of these people...click here..http://dissectleft.blogspot.com/

QFT :clap:

Awesome link, too.

The Mad Crapper
02-18-2010, 01:18 PM

More ad hominem. :rolleyes:

Keep going, you're on a roll.

Norman Einstein
02-18-2010, 01:41 PM

Wasn't it banyon that was complaining about all of the hate on this forum? Seems like he is the instigator of most of the hate out there.

The Mad Crapper
02-18-2010, 02:15 PM
Wasn't it banyon that was complaining about all of the hate on this forum? Seems like he is the instigator of most of the hate out there.

Self delusion is the key ingredient of moonbattery.

banyon
02-18-2010, 02:31 PM

Uh, I didn't call you a name. Pointing out your ad hominems is not ad hominem.

banyon
02-18-2010, 02:32 PM

"Hate", yes. Feel free to point out all the "Hate" I am instigating.

Norman Einstein
02-18-2010, 03:44 PM
"Hate", yes. Feel free to point out all the "Hate" I am instigating.

Seems like each and every post you respond of mine is hate based. Check out the manner in which you write there.

I don't hate you but your bitter attacks seem to always come my way.
The only thing I know about you is what I'm told in PM's. You're a fucking lawyer. You seem to feel you know me, however misguided that belief is, and act with the 'hate' you have towards Tom Cash.

banyon
02-18-2010, 03:53 PM
Seems like each and every post you respond of mine is hate based. Check out the manner in which you write there.

I don't hate you but your bitter attacks seem to always come my way.
The only thing I know about you is what I'm told in PM's. You're a ****ing lawyer. You seem to feel you know me, however misguided that belief is, and act with the 'hate' you have towards - ahem, shut your mouth -.

Yes, I know who you are, and your record on this forum speaks for itself. your crying about it in the 13th hour doesn't really move me, no.

But in general, I only return insults in kind. I don't typically instigate, people with lengthy track records of instigating themselves are a little different though.

Perhaps if you've changed somehow and can remain civil, then perhaps I can do the same.

Norman Einstein
02-18-2010, 03:55 PM
Yes, I know who you are, and your record on this forum speaks for itself. your crying about it in the 13th hour doesn't really move me, no.

But in general, I only return insults in kind. I don't typically instigate, people with lengthy track records of instigating themselves are a little different though.

ROFL, you know who I am? I would say your are wrong but you can't see due to your blind hate. You and Tom need to get a room somewhere.

I beg to differ with you regarding your insults in return. You are no virgin dude.

banyon
02-18-2010, 03:57 PM
ROFL, you know who I am? I would say your are wrong but you can't see due to your blind hate. You and Tom need to get a room somewhere.

I beg to differ with you regarding your insults in return. You are no virgin dude.

Perhaps if you've changed somehow and can remain civil, then perhaps I can do the same.

Guess that was too much to hope for, huh?

Norman Einstein
02-18-2010, 04:37 PM
Guess that was too much to hope for, huh?

There was nothing uncivil about my response. And, there is that little bit of hate popping it's head out again. You can't really help yourself can you?

Show me where you've been civil.

Saul Good
02-18-2010, 04:59 PM

I must have some sort of hysteria filter enabled. I don't see any in those posts.

The Mad Crapper
02-19-2010, 11:33 AM
Uh, I didn't call you a name. Pointing out your ad hominems is not ad hominem.

You didn't have to...

ad ho·mi·nem
   /æd ˈhɒmənəm ‐ˌnɛm, ɑd-/ Show Spelled[ad hom-uh-nuhm ‐nem, ahd-] Show IPA
–adjective
appealing to one's prejudices, emotions, or special interests rather than to one's intellect or reason.
attacking an opponent's character rather than answering his argument.

The Mad Crapper
02-19-2010, 11:38 AM
I must have some sort of hysteria filter enabled. I don't see any in those posts.

"We find the present situation intolerable! This despite all of the services I have rendered!" -Banyon

"We must have the power to make our own requisitions from the bourgeoisie!"-Amnorix

"What is the point of a People's Commissariat for Justice? It would be more honest to have a Peoples Commissariat for Social Extermination. People would understand more clearly." -Direkshun

"Excellent idea! That's exactly how I see it! Unfortunately it wouldn't do to call it that!" -Orange

"Anyone who fails to cooperate will have his ration card confiscated immediately!" -Banyon

What a bunch of clowns. ROFL