PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson

luv
02-16-2010, 11:58 PM
The more I watch the show, the more I find myself laughing at his monologue. He's kinda corny, and I like his accent.

Critics?

jiveturkey
02-17-2010, 09:20 AM
He's been the best of the bunch for a while IMO.

DaFace
02-17-2010, 10:39 AM
I was a big fan of Conan, but now that he's gone I've started watching Ferguson instead. I hate to say it, but I almost like Ferguson more. I like how unscripted the show is compared to the other late night options. It's more like just hanging out with a guy who's funny than watching a big production.

Mr. Laz
02-17-2010, 11:07 AM
Craig Ferguson is the funniest of the talk show guys by far imo.

he's a whack job so he takes some getting used to ... but he's very funny.

http://www.tvguidemagazine.com/images/uploads/2009/05/3372.webhotlist_lg_craig.jpg

listopencil
02-17-2010, 06:59 PM
He's the best late night host on the air right now, has been for a while. Reminds me of the earlier days of Carson.

Frazod
02-17-2010, 07:21 PM
Ferguson is awesome. Best of the bunch, best comedian, not snippy or malicious, has no axe to grind.

Taco John
02-17-2010, 07:39 PM
I have long thought that Furguson has been the funniest guy on late night television. He's actually funny. Not quirky. Not goofy. Not physical prop comedy. He's just a funny guy who knows how to deliver a joke.

tyton75
02-18-2010, 09:15 AM
Agreed, best of the bunch.. wish he was on earlier so I could see him more often

wild1
02-18-2010, 09:48 AM
He's great. I'd rather watch him than any of the others.

AZORChiefFan
02-18-2010, 09:13 PM
I've been saying this for a long time. Telling all my friends how funny he is and how he talks to the guest instead of doing the standard prepared QnA interview. I also love it when the puppets show up. What-a-do everybody!!!

luv
02-18-2010, 10:38 PM
Holy shit. I like something, and you guys agree? I guess my taste in late night is better than my taste in movies.

DaFace
02-19-2010, 12:18 AM
Agreed, best of the bunch.. wish he was on earlier so I could see him more often

Hello. I'd like to introduce you to DVR.

Fruit Ninja
02-19-2010, 01:40 AM
I have long thought that Furguson has been the funniest guy on late night television. He's actually funny. Not quirky. Not goofy. Not physical prop comedy. He's just a funny guy who knows how to deliver a joke.

lol, he's goofy. He's great, but he's goofy.

Fruit Ninja
02-19-2010, 01:41 AM
Holy shit. I like something, and you guys agree? I guess my taste in late night is better than my taste in movies.

ur a chick on a website that is 99 percent male. Chances are you are not going to like the same movies most guys like. lol

DaneMcCloud
02-19-2010, 03:00 AM
Ferguson's been the best late night host since taking over for Kilborn.

DaFace
02-24-2010, 09:31 PM
Anybody watch Craig's audience-free conversation with Stephen Fry last night? It's really interesting to see him in such a different format. Overall, I really liked it.

Miles
02-24-2010, 11:46 PM
Anybody watch Craig's audience-free conversation with Stephen Fry last night? It's really interesting to see him in such a different format. Overall, I really liked it.

I just watched it off my DVR. Ferguson was much more reserved than usual but his discussion with Fry was quite engaging,

blazzin311
02-24-2010, 11:53 PM

Agreed I rather enjoyed it as well. Craig as well as Fry they're both very interesting individuals. It was a different Craig than we normally get to see. Different but still good. Just a different side of him rather I think.

AZORChiefFan
02-25-2010, 02:32 AM
I liked the interview with Stephen Fry. Definitely a different side of Craig - more reserved but still funny. Would like to see this format more often. Only thing is the guest would have to be a really interesting person. Don't think I could sit through a 45 min interview with a Kardashian.

ChiefJustice
02-25-2010, 04:51 AM
I liked how Craig acknowledged Tom Snyder at the start of that sit down show.

That was pretty classy.

I downloaded his auto-biography "American on Purpose" from iTunes recently.I love reading...but,I just wanted to hear him read his life story.

After hearing about everything this guy has gone through in the past....and,his seeming passion and love for our country,I have nothing but respect for the guy.

I think his contract is up this year.....I hope Dave does the right thing.

Pay the man and his puppets.

luv
02-25-2010, 07:40 AM
Missed last night. Had a toothache, so I drugged myself and went to bed early to make up for the lack of sleep I figured I would get.

luv
04-21-2010, 11:52 PM
I love his monologues! LMAO

DaneMcCloud
04-22-2010, 12:02 AM
It's too bad he's on at 12:30am.

Since we had our daughter in 2008, I don't think I've even seen one show.

DaFace
04-22-2010, 12:04 AM
It's too bad he's on at 12:30am.

Since we had our daughter in 2008, I don't think I've even seen one show.

Dude. DVR. Use it.

Frazod
04-22-2010, 12:05 AM
IMO Ferguson is the best talk show host on television.

DaneMcCloud
04-22-2010, 12:13 AM
Dude. DVR. Use it.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to watch many shows.

I'm working right now.

Galileo Humpkins
04-23-2010, 01:56 AM
For anyone that has missed out on his show, this user tends to upload all of them on their page:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Malinky2Stoatir

I started watching Craig Ferguson but a few months ago and instantly became a fan.

Miles
04-23-2010, 02:07 AM
For anyone that has missed out on his show, this user tends to upload all of them on their page:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Malinky2Stoatir

I started watching Craig Ferguson but a few months ago and instantly became a fan.

Most of them seem to be on Hulu as well.

JD10367
04-24-2010, 06:31 PM
I've liked him ever since he first appeared as Drew's boss on "The Drew Carey Show".

He used to be a pretty good boozer, apparently, and I think his fame has taken him by pleasant surprise, so he really plays it loose. Has a nice "I'll say whatever pops into my mind 'cause I'm having fun" vibe, as if he figures, what the hell, they might wise up and take this show away from me any minute so I might as well enjoy myself (which, funny enough, is EXACTLY what made Conan so good in those last few weeks...).

luv
04-24-2010, 06:35 PM
I've liked him ever since he first appeared as Drew's boss on "The Drew Carey Show".

He used to be a pretty good boozer, apparently, and I think his fame has taken him by pleasant surprise, so he really plays it loose. Has a nice "I'll say whatever pops into my mind 'cause I'm having fun" vibe, as if he figures, what the hell, they might wise up and take this show away from me any minute so I might as well enjoy myself (which, funny enough, is EXACTLY what made Conan so good in those last few weeks...).

I'd say I wish him and Dave could swap places, but he's perfect for the late late spot.

alnorth
04-24-2010, 08:47 PM
I'd say I wish him and Dave could swap places, but he's perfect for the late late spot.

I'm almost afraid of what will happen if Dave retires/gets fired/whatever.

If they promoted Craig will a wider audience like him? He cant change his format, it works too well.

DaFace
04-24-2010, 09:15 PM
I'm almost afraid of what will happen if Dave retires/gets fired/whatever.

If they promoted Craig will a wider audience like him? He cant change his format, it works too well.

Yeah, I almost hope that, if that opportunity presents itself, he stays where he is. I don't personally think he'd play as well in the earlier time slot.

Mr. Laz
04-24-2010, 09:18 PM
i don't know that putting ferg earlier would be good thing. I think they would stop letting him do all the wacky stuff. He's better when he's just free wheeling it

luv
04-24-2010, 10:22 PM
i don't know that putting ferg earlier would be good thing. I think they would stop letting him do all the wacky stuff. He's better when he's just free wheeling it

Agreed. He'd probably have to lose the "I don't care" attitude. He's added a few things, but they still work.

luv
10-05-2010, 12:13 AM
I still love this show. I like Geoff.

AZORChiefFan
10-05-2010, 12:18 AM
I'm hoping to go to a taping on Nov 30th.

googlegoogle
10-05-2010, 12:53 AM
Chicks like him because he's cute. He got married to some really young hot chick.

Mojo Jojo
10-05-2010, 01:03 AM
I was in the audience for one of his shows. A friend got me a pass while on a LA business trip. The dude is great...came out did some stuff before filming started. If you ever have the chance to attend one of the late shows I suggest you do it. It is a lot different from what you see on TV.

TrickyNicky
12-03-2010, 08:26 AM
I don't like Dr. Who, but this was awesome. Shame it didn't make it to air...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/M9P4SxtphJ4?rel=0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

DaFace
08-31-2013, 09:22 PM
About to go see him do a stand-up gig. I'm excited.