PDA

View Full Version : Media Hollywood Loves Obama...like that's news...

fan4ever
02-17-2010, 08:33 AM
Took my son to go and see that new movie "Percy Jackson Lightning Thief" or whatever the title is.

There was a scene where his sidekick is explaining to Percy Jackson that he was a "DemiGod"...and that they aren't all that unusual, and goes on to explain that "some are even famous...White House famous".

Barfed a little.

Norman Einstein
02-17-2010, 08:42 AM
This could just be me, but WTF cares what the people in Hollywood think? They are so far removed from reality it's inconceivable.

Take their money, fans, fame and career away from them and what do you have? People that might have to get a real job and live like the rest of us, paycheck to paycheck and that's only if they have a trade they can fall back on.

Most of them are no more intelligent than the average person in America but feel the need to espouse their beliefs to us all because they have the spotlight.

fan4ever
02-17-2010, 08:44 AM
Well unfortunately they do influence the minds of young people...and I think this is the first time a film has referred to an actual President as to being a deity...at least without it being heavily sarcastic.

fan4ever
02-17-2010, 08:49 AM
Take their money, fans, fame and career away from them and what do you have? People that might have to get a real job and live like the rest of us, paycheck to paycheck and that's only if they have a trade they can fall back on.

I agree with you but this part of your response is kind of funny; like saying "Sure A-Rod is popular, but take away his good looks, his athletic ability, his millions of dollars and the fact he gets to nail every gorgeous model in town, and what do you have? A guy like me".

Norman Einstein
02-17-2010, 08:53 AM
I agree with you but this part of your response is kind of funny; like saying "Sure A-Rod is popular, but take away his good looks, his athletic ability, his millions of dollars and the fact he gets to nail every gorgeous model in town, and what do you have? A guy like me".

Take away his money and his career and you might have a guy that can't get laid because he can't afford to go clubbing in the high rent district.

Think about it, if there were no movies, TV, professional sports how much exposure would some of those people get? In reality some of them are dumber than a box of rocks and the only reason they get to be infront of the camera is because of their celebrity status. An idiot is an idiot regardless of their career path, we just get to see those that are idiots and celebrities at the same time is because some jerk with a camera thinks they have something worth telling the world. Not always the case.

fan4ever
02-17-2010, 09:09 AM
No, I get the point, but in a way you're discounting some of the abilities people possess. I truly think most of the political activists in Hollywood, like Penn and Sarandon, are fairly clueless, but they do have talent, therefore their station in life...not that it qualifies them as experts on any particular instance or any more intelligent or moral for that matter.

Norman Einstein
02-17-2010, 09:20 AM
No, I get the point, but in a way you're discounting some of the abilities people possess. I truly think most of the political activists in Hollywood, like Penn and Sarandon, are fairly clueless, but they do have talent, therefore their station in life...not that it qualifies them as experts on any particular instance or any more intelligent or moral for that matter.

I think we agree, I was just on a roll.

This ought to get the libs going, the intelligent celebrities are conservatives.

fan4ever
02-17-2010, 09:28 AM
I think we agree, I was just on a roll.

This ought to get the libs going, the intelligent celebrities are conservatives.

Believe me; they irritate me just as much as you...hence the thread...my wife who thinks I'm politically rabid looked at me at this point in the movie and gave me the "Wow, you're right" kind of look.

Wyndex
02-17-2010, 10:44 AM
so what is a demigod?

what leads you to believe it's obama they're talking about?

BucEyedPea
02-17-2010, 10:46 AM
so what is a demigod?

Those are things dipshits ask.

Heh1 Heh! Backt at'cha.

fan4ever
02-17-2010, 11:44 AM
so what is a demigod?

Part human, part God...offspring of when the Greek/Roman Gods were naughty and snuck down to earth to hook up. Hercules, is a DemiGod for example.

I guess I'm stretching the White House reference...they were probably referring to Biden...son of the ancient God of Hair Plugs.

Norman Einstein
02-17-2010, 12:07 PM
Part human, part God...offspring of when the Greek/Roman Gods were naughty and snuck down to earth to hook up. Hercules, is a DemiGod for example.

I guess I'm stretching the White House reference...they were probably referring to Biden...son of the ancient God of Hair Plugs.

If that's so, what's a Demi Moore?

Wyndex
02-17-2010, 07:21 PM

naw it's probably a Bush reference, God of War