PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Bass Pro Shop: The Strike

Sully
02-17-2010, 07:34 PM
Okay, I'm not a fishing guy. About once every 5-8 years I'll get a hair up my ass to fish, go buy a cheap pole, and sit by the lake till I tangle my line or lose all my bait, and then not fish again for the better part of a decade.

My buddy and I were at Bass Pro Shop the other day, and they had this game set up, and we couldn't stop playing. We had, for a period of time, no idea what we were doing, but we were having fun, and once we figured out how to cast, things began to go better. Kids waiting toplay be damned...I wasn't leaving till I caught a fish.

I came home, and was laughing with my wife about it...and she bought it for me for Valentine's Day. The game is really fun. There are some flaws, and it's graphics aren't great by any means. But it really is a very fun game to play. Anyone else try it?

Side effect of this is that my wife is going to find it much easier to talk me into camping this summer, and my father in law is going to find me much more willing to go to the lake with him, because I've never wanted to learn how to actually fish this much in my life.

Deberg_1990
02-17-2010, 07:38 PM
Wii fishing??

Sully
02-17-2010, 07:39 PM
I got the 360 version. Came with a pole. Don't have a Wii.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-17-2010, 09:27 PM
That's pretty cool dude. The fact that it came with a fishing pole controller makes me want to check it out now. Do you know if they make it for the PS3?

ZootedGranny
02-17-2010, 09:57 PM
It's only for Wii & 360.

I've seen it at Bass Pro, but haven't picked up the controller and given it a shot, mainly because it'd probably worsen this cabin fever. I need spring to get here ASAP so I can hit the lake.

scott free
02-17-2010, 11:39 PM
Video fishing? no thanx.

I've been around fishermen my whole life, but i have the fishing bug baaad this year, i've spent mucho dinero to upgrade my stuff & even joined The North American Fishing Club, that gets you a pretty cool magazine & some nice free gear for $15 a year, i've got a new Rapala crankbait i cant wait to use.

I only use spincast reels, but hahahaaa...dont let your snobbery fool you, i catch plenty of fish on Daiwa's & top end Zebco's, sun, water, somewhere in the woods... i'm so ****ing sick of this winter, yet the days are getting longer...

edit* $15 a year

tymania
02-18-2010, 07:03 AM
Video fishing? no thanx.

I've been around fishermen my whole life, but i have the fishing bug baaad this year, i've spent mucho dinero to upgrade my stuff & even joined The North American Fishing Club, that gets you a pretty cool magazine & some nice free gear for $15 a year, i've got a new Rapala crankbait i cant wait to use.

I only use spincast reels, but hahahaaa...dont let your snobbery fool you, i catch plenty of fish on Daiwa's & top end Zebco's, sun, water, somewhere in the woods... i'm so ****ing sick of this winter, yet the days are getting longer...

edit* $15 a year
I have got the fishing bug real bad this year too... i even tried ice fishing, which wasnt as much fun as i thought it would be.. but it was an experience. I cant wait for spawning season.. gonna slaughter some crappie, and bass.

TrebMaxx
02-18-2010, 07:51 AM
I have been leaning towards getting setup for fly fishing. My BIL is an avid fly fisherman and has been talking me into it. He also brought over some fresh trout that I smoked and OMG, it turned out so good.
I have Rapala Tournament Fishing for the Wii. Its not too bad.

NewChief
02-18-2010, 07:54 AM
I have been leaning towards getting setup for fly fishing. My BIL is an avid fly fisherman and has been talking me into it. He also brought over some fresh trout that I smoked and OMG, it turned out so good.

I, and quite a few others on here, are pretty into fly fishing. Sounds like you're good to go with your BiL being into it... if you need any advice or have any questions feel free to ask, though.

NewChief
02-18-2010, 07:58 AM
Oops... wrong thread.

tymania
02-18-2010, 08:59 AM
I have Rapala Tournament Fishing for the Wii. Its not too bad.

I have Rapala as well.. it really isnt too bad.. but kinda easy

NewChief
02-18-2010, 09:01 AM
I have Rapala as well.. it really isnt too bad.. but kinda easy

That's what I thought as well. It's way too easy, and the fish are sort of silly big.

Demonpenz
02-18-2010, 09:01 AM
I don't want to wave my arms. I want to press a button and catch fish. that's why I trust SNES Bassins black bass and my zebco

MOhillbilly
02-18-2010, 09:05 AM
pffffff. video game fishin. float fishing is the only way to go. Do that all day run your trots, frog & crawdad allnight. Sleep out on the gravel bar next to the fire, repeat.

Saulbadguy
02-18-2010, 10:14 AM
IGN gave it a 4.5

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/102/1029727p1.html