PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Ghost Hunters?

Ceej
02-22-2010, 06:02 PM
Real or joke?

I just ask because I've been watching this show lately. And I'm the person who doesn't believe, nor disbelieve in ghosts.

Have any of you had any of these haunting experiences?

Here in Wichita there's supposedly several "haunted" spots which I've been to, but nothing out of the norm has happened.

JD10367
02-22-2010, 06:11 PM
From what I understand, they started out "real" and with good intentions but have totally "gone Hollywood" about it. I'm sure their production company plays up every tiny bit of static or stray shadow. Not saying they outright fabricate stuff, but you can tell by the way they edit stuff that they have to stretch sometimes.

Funny, their HQ is one town over from mine but I've never figured out where it is, nor have I seen any of them wandering around the area.

And, for the record, I'd suck the ectoplasm out of Kris Williams. :hump:

http://www.ap-investigations.com/sitebuilder/images/gr08_KrisWilliams-68x96.jpg

Ceej
02-22-2010, 06:17 PM
Yeah, nowadays, it's really tough believing what you see on TV. And they most definitely fabricate things. However, some of that shit is awfully spooky, real or not.

I'm going to say fake. But, I wanted more feedback from people who watch the show.

JD10367
02-22-2010, 06:29 PM
Yeah, nowadays, it's really tough believing what you see on TV. And they most definitely fabricate things. However, some of that shit is awfully spooky, real or not.

I'm going to say fake. But, I wanted more feedback from people who watch the show.

Well, it's one of those things that are hard to prove, but also hard to discount... since none of us knows what the f**k happens after we die. Skeptics might say, "Yeah, well, how come these supposed ghosts can only come out at night, when no one's around to see it, and only if it's totally quiet and you're alone?" My answer is, I don't know. Maybe there are rules we don't know about. I'm not willing to buy it all hook line and sinker, but I won't discount any of it; like UFOs, ghosts are something that most people are skeptical about, until and unless it happens to them.

Easy 6
02-22-2010, 06:41 PM
I cant say for sure that i've had a ghostly experience, but i never belittle those who have. I've experienced other things though & those have left my mind open to it all.

I'm surprised this thread hasnt been bombarded with a bunch of negative stuff, 'anyone believing any of this is ****in stupid'. What i like about this show, is that they take pains to find conventional explanations... but its just not always possible.

There is a lot more to our existence & this world than we can measure with science IMO.

Ceej
02-23-2010, 05:33 PM
There's really no reason to bombard this thread, to be honest. It's a curious question -- and I think a lot of us are intrigued by the potential for supernatural, ghostly beings.

I was just curious if anyone had an experience which was relative.

I've also heared stores about Ouija boards -- but that's another thread in its own self.

Buck
02-23-2010, 05:35 PM
Fake.

Pants
02-23-2010, 05:45 PM
One of my friends swears on everything and his unborn babies that he's seen a ghost in the OP Marriott. He, literally, cries every time he tells the story and he's a grown fucking man. That's the only reason I can't discount ghosts completely. I know him pretty well and I can tell he's not lying, but then again, the human mind is capable of great things, who knows if he really saw anything that night. He's 100% sure of it, though.

Buck
02-23-2010, 05:49 PM
I'm not saying Ghosts are fake, I'm saying Ghost Hunters is fake.

Pants
02-23-2010, 05:51 PM

I'm 94.7% certain that there is extraterrestrial life aware of us.

LaChapelle
02-23-2010, 05:54 PM
I wonder what the South Park episode did to their ratings?
They trashed 'em

SnakeXJones
02-23-2010, 05:54 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xmTKKqWL7Hc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xmTKKqWL7Hc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

LaChapelle
02-23-2010, 05:55 PM
HA

Guru
02-23-2010, 10:35 PM
The Stanley Hotel ep was pretty interesting a few years ago. Glass breaking right next to him as he slept.

MVChiefFan
02-24-2010, 09:35 AM
I like watching them and I think that out of every "ghost hunting" show on tv they are the most reliable. I think every other show just goes nuts while GH actually debunk stuff. Oh and I think Kris Williams now has fake boobs. :drool:

Great Expectations
02-24-2010, 09:42 AM
Ghosts are probably just Aliens or Time Travelers.

bowener
02-24-2010, 11:53 AM
I do not know how I really feel about ghosts either. As a hardcore empiricist when it comes to the natural world I want to say "bullshit", but at the same time, as a hardcore empiricist I want to say "let me collect more data before I make an assumption."

The only thing that I can say I have seen and remember seeing, with two witnesses, took place in a cemetery of all places. It was just after noon on a weekday in the summer. Two friends and I were weed-eating a cemetery that my step dad cares for. This thing is out in the middle of nowhere on the side of a fucking bluff (happens to also have a marker at the top of it for being the highest point between KC and Omaha). The bottom half of it is damn near a 45 degree slope in parts, and the majority of it is insanely awkward to walk on since it is so steeply sloped. I have seen at least one head stone, giant ass rectangular object, fall and roll a good 100 feet before hitting a tree and stopping. Real fun being 15 and rolling a 250+ slap of granite up a fucking hill on your hands and knees.

Anyway, a friend and I are weed-eating inside a family plot that rests where the original church once stood before burning down (no deaths). The family is the preacher's from the original church. Long story short, its 100+ degrees, friend and I are inside the fence, I notice gray-black smoke coming out of my mouth every time I exhale (like when it is really cold, only grayish, not white) and tell my friend to look. We then realize his is doing the same thing as mine. We yell for our other friend to get the fuck over there, as he approaches he notices what is going on, but strangely he has no such grayish-black fog shit coming out when he exhales (also not in the family plot). Once he gets closer, probably 10 or fewer seconds after we yelled for him, it stops, no more, just gone.

Needless to say, that was the fastest we have ever weed-eated that fucking cemetery. Fucking weird shit if you were there.

bowener
02-24-2010, 11:54 AM
I'm 94.7% certain that there is extraterrestrial life aware of us.

That low?

Radar Chief
02-24-2010, 12:20 PM
And, for the record, I'd suck the ectoplasm out of Kris Williams. :hump:

http://www.ap-investigations.com/sitebuilder/images/gr08_KrisWilliams-68x96.jpg

Damn straight. :dom:

Radar Chief
02-24-2010, 12:22 PM
I like that they don’t come into a place with a bunch of psychics talking about what they “feel”.

Pants
02-24-2010, 12:27 PM
That low?

I didn't want to sound crazy.

HC_Chief
02-24-2010, 12:30 PM

Ha! This.

Ghost Hunters used to be cool until they faked the jacket pull on the Live Halloween program a couple of years ago. After that I knew it was a total farce.

Ghost Hunters International (GHI) blows. I can't sit through an episode of it. Bore to the (#$%&@ing Ring. Works faster on my system than Nyquil.

Ghost Adventurers is the most entertaining show of the ghost hunter shows. Those three guys are total douchebags... the wife & I call it "Ghose AXEventurers": because if there are any three d-bags on television NOT on "Jersey Shore" who bathe in that rancid AXE body spray shit, it's the three from GA. ;)

I love the main guy's constant posturing and tough-guy act. As soon as something creepy happens, it's full-on screaming bitch mode. And then there's big shaved head, goatee-sporting, but actually a total and complete pussy guy. And who can forget the "other guy"? The one who is constantly getting "possessed"? LOL, love that show. :thumb:

Frazod
02-24-2010, 12:32 PM
These shows are ridiculous, and I believe in ghosts. Just because night vision makes your eyes glow on TV doesn't mean you're possessed.

Fish
02-24-2010, 02:26 PM
I have always been deeply fascinated with the paranormal. I used to go on "ghost hunts" in my younger years. At one time, I was absolutely convinced about the existence of spirits. But as I've matured and expanded my knowledge and experience, I've come to view it as total hogwash. Mostly due to the fact that there still is no conclusive evidence. People have been claiming to see spirits for as long as we've recorded history. And technology has advanced to an astounding level. Yet, we still can't get more than a blurry halfass picture that could be debated all day. If spirits did exist, logic would say that one would have been conclusively recorded by now. But yet there's nothing, not a single video or picture, that could be considered "proof".

I'm still very fascinated with the paranormal. But I now hold the mindset that the scariest stuff out there originates in your own mind. I do watch Ghost Hunters. But I see it as entertainment meant to give you a fright. Meant to put your own brain into a state of fear. Nothing wrong with that.

Most ghost hunting shows intentionally focus the camera on the ghost hunters, instead of the surroundings. That's because the fear that the hunter is exhibiting is generally much more entertaining and fear inducing than actually filming for ghosts. Some shows even have that "face camera" helmet contraption, that does nothing but film their faces. Doesn't anybody see that as odd for a ghost "hunt?" But it makes sense for production purposes.

CosmicPal
02-24-2010, 04:44 PM
These shows are ridiculous, and I believe in ghosts. Just because night vision makes your eyes glow on TV doesn't mean you're possessed.

This. I believe in them too. Of course, I experienced one for three years while working for Executive Beechcraft at Johnson County Industrial Airport.

The TV shows are bogus.

SnakeXJones
02-24-2010, 04:55 PM
This. I believe in them too. Of course, I experienced one for three years while working for Executive Beechcraft at Johnson County Industrial Airport.

The TV shows are bogus.

I think all of the shows are just hilarious specially ghost hunters and international the minor noises scare the piss out of themselves. I believe in ghost but these shows are just f'n entertaining cause of there paranoia in those situations they go in

Ceej
02-24-2010, 05:38 PM
Ahhh, all excellent feedback -- exactly what I was looking for.

Has anyone had an experiences similar to Bowener's? Or anything else that'd like to share.

Valiant
02-24-2010, 08:35 PM
They were great the first few seasons, they have went hollywood a bit more, and tons and tons on the international show which sucks complete balls.. At least the original tries to debunk tons of shit whereas the international show will show a blur or orb as evidence..

The original is still decent, wish they would spend weeks at a place to make one episode instead of a night.. Some of the evps they get are amazing or where shit moves for no reason...

There is a place in St. Louis I want to go to, but none of my friends are interested in shit like that..

Frazod
02-24-2010, 10:26 PM
Ahhh, all excellent feedback -- exactly what I was looking for.

Has anyone had an experiences similar to Bowener's? Or anything else that'd like to share.

I've recounted the story below a few times over the years - this is from a ghost thread from 2006:

I've been to F. E. Warren Air Force Base in Cheyenne, Wyoming. I've been to the building they mention - it's boarded up now, or at least it was when I was there 10 years ago. It was a hospital in the late 1800s, when the base was Fort D. A. Russell. Eventually it was converted to the base security headquarters. The security personnel (according to a book I've read) reported many sightings, some of a physical nature. My friend (Air Force Captain) told me that at some point the base CO decided he'd heard enough of the haunting stories and spent the night on the top floor of the building, which was supposedly the most haunted. He made it through the night, but the next day began making arrangements to move the security forces to another building and have the old hospital torn down. Since the building is on the historic buildings registry, he was unable to have it torn down, but he did have it boarded up (which I've seen). I've walked around it but obviously didn't go in.

However, I did stay in a house down the street, which IS haunted, apparently by the ghost of a calvary officer who fell to his death out of a second floor window in the back of the house (this was the house my friend and his wife lived in while they were stationed there). The "Major" as they called him, had been banging the wife of another officer and tried to escape out that window when the husband came home.

Bullshit, you say. So did I.

Until my friend took his dog, who acted normally everywhere else in the house, and carried him into this attic room. The dog promply freaked the fuck out, and started squirming and whimpering. Ran off like a shot as soon as my friend put him down.

I slept in a room separated from this room by a closed door and a short hallway that night. There was no way my friend could have gotten past me, so I know he wasn't fucking with me. I heard footsteps (not old house noises - FOOTSTEPS), and a sound I would describe as a sword rattling in a scabbard. I will admit to having a vivid imagination, but the sounds I heard were real. I'm not ashamed to say that I was scared shitless, barely slept, and spent the rest of the nights I was there sleeping on the couch downstairs. Never did go back upstairs. The Major can have that room all to himself. :eek:

A couple of years ago, my friend sent me a framed ink drawing of that house which he got from a local artist. I have it hanging in my hallway downstairs. Came without the Major, thankfully. :D

CosmicPal
02-24-2010, 10:27 PM
Long story short, its 100+ degrees, friend and I are inside the fence, I notice gray-black smoke coming out of my mouth every time I exhale (like when it is really cold, only grayish, not white) and tell my friend to look. We then realize his is doing the same thing as mine. We yell for our other friend to get the **** over there, as he approaches he notices what is going on, but strangely he has no such grayish-black fog shit coming out when he exhales (also not in the family plot). Once he gets closer, probably 10 or fewer seconds after we yelled for him, it stops, no more, just gone.

Needless to say, that was the fastest we have ever weed-eated that ****ing cemetery. ****ing weird shit if you were there.

Hmmm. That is "almost" what happened to me. I've told this story a few times (particularly around Halloween when these threads seem to take a life of their own). Anyways, that airport I worked at in my late teens/early 20's is registered as a haunted place and has been on TV before.

I've met that "ghost" pilot one time for certain, and gawd knows how many times before because I honestly didn't believe in this stuff. But one night, it was near 100 degrees in the summertime when I kept hearing someone approaching me but couldn't see a damn thing in the darkness. I'm under a streetlamp which illuminates the fueling station I'm at, but that's about it. Anyways, the immediate area around me dropped to 20 degrees in a heartbeat and I could feel this "thing" all around me. Needless to say, it scared the life out of me and I was shaking the rest of the night. Weird stuff went on ALL the time at that airport.

Dartgod
03-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Harry Brunette 3-7-4

:eek: