PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Movies that don’t get respect??

dpg4zombie
02-26-2010, 08:10 AM
What are some movies that you feel don’t get the respect the deserve?

i'll start

Hot Rod

Deberg_1990
02-26-2010, 08:22 AM
Ishtar. Thread over.

Miles
02-26-2010, 09:20 AM
Gattaca

Demonpenz
02-26-2010, 09:21 AM
I thought about gattica too, what kind of incinarator has a button on the inside though LMAO

L.A. Chieffan
02-26-2010, 09:22 AM
orgazmo

L.A. Chieffan
02-26-2010, 09:23 AM
inside lydia's ass part 2

DMAC
02-26-2010, 09:35 AM
Brain Candy

loochy
02-26-2010, 09:36 AM
Police Academy.

Pestilence
02-26-2010, 09:57 AM
SLC Punk

BigMeatballDave
02-26-2010, 12:04 PM
Hot Rod was fucking stupid

DMAC
02-26-2010, 12:36 PM
Ladybugs and Back to School

Los Pollos Hermanos
02-26-2010, 12:42 PM
Sean of the Dead

I love that movie... my wife hates it.

tymania
02-26-2010, 12:42 PM
The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada

Pestilence
02-26-2010, 12:45 PM
Ladybugs

Vinessa Shaw :drool:

Taco John
02-26-2010, 12:47 PM
AI

patteeu
02-26-2010, 12:55 PM
Romper Stomper

CoMoChief
02-26-2010, 01:01 PM
Gattaca

horrible movie. WAAAAY too slow for me.

DMAC
02-26-2010, 01:03 PM
horrible movie. WAAAAY too slow for me.Really?.... okay then. Just added to Netflix!

CoMoChief
02-26-2010, 01:04 PM
Executive Decision
Tango and Cash
Dutch
Speed Zone
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II - secret of the ooze

CoMoChief
02-26-2010, 01:04 PM
Really?.... okay then. Just added to Netflix!

have fun being bored.

Glad I could assist you in wasting your money on something horrible

DMAC
02-26-2010, 01:08 PM
have fun being bored.

Glad I could assist you in wasting your money on something horribleI have a feeling I will like it...

patteeu
02-26-2010, 01:14 PM

Good choice. Good movie.

Dayze
02-26-2010, 01:18 PM
The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada

:thumb:
that was a good one.

38yrsfan
02-26-2010, 01:22 PM
Kelly's Heroes

KCChiefsMan
02-26-2010, 01:23 PM
A lot of people seem to hate Pineapple Express and Step Brothers, which I didn't care for them the 1st time I watched it but gave both a 2nd chance and absolutely love them both. Great comedy IMO.

patteeu
02-26-2010, 01:30 PM
Kelly's Heroes

One of my favorites! :thumb:

I get shivers every time I hear the theme song:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AxYC350nqRM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AxYC350nqRM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Frazod
02-26-2010, 01:34 PM

As in all things, he's an idiot. Gattaca is fantastic. Nothing blows up, though. It's not that kind of movie.

DeepPurple
02-26-2010, 01:46 PM
Brian Del Palma's 'Body Double' (1984) Jake comes home to find his girlfriend with another man and has to find a new place. In between his acting workshops and his job in a vampire B-movie, he happens to meet Frank, a fellow actor who needs a house sitter. For a sweetener, Frank shows him his 'favorite neighbor', a well built woman who strips with her window open each night.

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BODMzMDg5OTUxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTE5NTUzMQ@@._V1._SX97_SY140_.jpg

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTAyMzYwOTU0MDZeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDMyNTQwMTM@._V1._CR280,0,1487,1487_SS100_.jpg

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u2TLAxTY9Xs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

Pestilence
02-26-2010, 01:48 PM
A lot of people seem to hate Pineapple Express and Step Brothers, which I didn't care for them the 1st time I watched it but gave both a 2nd chance and absolutely love them both. Great comedy IMO.

Pineapple Express was meh to me. It was funny but WAY overrated. Step Brothers on the other hand was fucking hilarious.

DMAC
02-26-2010, 01:52 PM
As in all things, he's an idiot. Gattaca is fantastic. Nothing blows up, though. It's not that kind of movie.I would like to get his list of most hated movies. :)

Frazod
02-26-2010, 02:05 PM
I would like to get his list of most hated movies. :)

[CoMoChief on]Casablanca totally sucked. WTF is with this black and white shit? Rick should have slapped that bitch and run off with the bar skank. And the Nazis are pussies - they didn't even machine gun anybody. What kind of name is Ilsa? Goddamn foreigners. And where are all the tanks? Fuck this I'm gonna go watch Batman & Robin. Now that's a good movie![CoMoChief off]

CoMoChief
02-26-2010, 02:14 PM
As in all things, he's an idiot. Gattaca is fantastic. Nothing blows up, though. It's not that kind of movie.

Hey fat fuck showed up!!!!

CoMoChief
02-26-2010, 02:15 PM
[CoMoChief on]Casablanca totally sucked. WTF is with this black and white shit? Rick should have slapped that bitch and run off with the bar skank. And the Nazis are pussies - they didn't even machine gun anybody. What kind of name is Ilsa? Goddamn foreigners. And where are all the tanks? **** this I'm gonna go watch Batman & Robin. Now that's a good movie![CoMoChief off]

I miss making your blood sugar rise. Hows it been dumbass?

by the way Gattica fucking sucks.

Nzoner
02-26-2010, 02:16 PM
Romper Stomper

:thumb:

DeepPurple
02-26-2010, 02:23 PM
I agree about Step Brothers, I'll stop and watch some of that film every couple of days when it pops up on Starz, however Pineapple Express just didn't do it for me. I think part of the problem with the newer comedies is the over use of the F word. If I look back at some of my favorites such as Raising Arizona, Caddy Shack, Animal House and Airplane, they almost never use any profanity.

As far as the original topic, not getting respect. Besides the Brian De Palma film I mentioned 'Body Double', I also enjoy his other films Dressed to Kill, Blow Out and Carlito's Way.

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMjA0NjczODg2Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzc1MDcxMQ@@._V1._SX98_SY140_.jpg

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTc1MTE3ODc3NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDg3ODMyMQ@@._V1._CR0,0,260,260_SS90_.jpg

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BNjU1OTE5NDIyNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjg1NDg4._V1._SX92_SY140_.jpg

Most will agree that his film's Scarface and The Untouchables were very good. However I'm not a big fan of his newer stuff such as the Black Dahlia, Mission to Mars, Snake Eyes and Bonfire of the Vanities.

blaise
02-26-2010, 02:26 PM
Once Upon a Time in America is probably underrated.

Frazod
02-26-2010, 02:32 PM
I miss making your blood sugar rise. Hows it been dumbass?

by the way Gattica fucking sucks.

Quite the contrary, mocking your inbred retarded ass is quite enjoyable. I enjoy it very much, as do most of the people on this board. You're our resident village idiot!

Here's the short list of things that don't suck: Gattaca

Here's the short list of things that do suck: You

BTW, it's been 5 minutes - aren't you overdue to cry about Mizzou again? :deevee:

Deberg_1990
02-26-2010, 02:36 PM
DePalma was money in the 70's and 80's.

He hasnt made a decent flick since Mission Impossible. He hasnt made a truly great one since Casulties of War 20 years ago. **EDIT** Since Carlitos Way.

Jenson71
02-26-2010, 05:29 PM
Once Upon a Time in America is probably underrated.

I recommended that one to frazod a few years ago and ended up catching a lot of hell for it. :D

It's a great one. So is Once Upon a Time in the West.

Definitely The Conversation is a huge one that is not respected enough.

Silock
02-26-2010, 05:34 PM
The Twilight Samurai

Frazod
02-26-2010, 06:17 PM
I recommended that one to frazod a few years ago and ended up catching a lot of hell for it. :D

Yeah, you recommended that piece of crap and Rausch recommended Donnie Darko. If the three of us ever meet I'm going to smash your heads together. :grr:

Miles
02-26-2010, 06:20 PM
The Twilight Samurai

Good one. :thumb:

Nzoner
02-26-2010, 08:37 PM
Yeah, you recommended that piece of crap and Rausch recommended Donnie Darko. If the three of us ever meet I'm going to smash your heads together. :grr:

WTF...Once Upon A Time In America is a classic.

CosmicPal
02-26-2010, 08:49 PM
Happiness.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0147612/

Disturbing film. You'll either love it. Or you will hate it.

Deberg_1990
02-26-2010, 09:00 PM

Did you watch the 2 hour american cut or the 4 hour directors cut?? 2 hour american cut is garbage.

KCChiefsMan
02-26-2010, 09:11 PM
To those who didn't like Pineapple express, watch it again! I hated it the first time, but for some reason I watched it again and again and again. James Franco plays one of the best stoners I've ever seen, great acting by him, seriously. The conversations they have is the best part, I love it.

Step Brothers, love it. It's comedy gold IMO. "Now say I'm coming out of the shower, and I'm looking good. I have a luscious bead of hair going down from my chest pubes down to my ball fro. She takes one look at me and goes, Oh my God, I've had the old bull, now I want to try the young calf, then she grabs my weiner. SHUT THE FUCK UP!" cracks me up

Frazod
02-26-2010, 09:35 PM
Did you watch the 2 hour american cut or the 4 hour directors cut?? 2 hour american cut is garbage.

I hated that fucking movie. To the core of soul I hated it. It was offensive and vile and awful. I bought it having never seen it based on everybody's recommendations of how great it was, and when I was done watching it I immediately gave the DVD away just to get it out of my house. Ugh.

Deberg_1990
02-26-2010, 09:41 PM
I hated that ****ing movie. To the core of soul I hated it. It was offensive and vile and awful.

Yea, ive heard a few people say that about it....and they probably wouldnt be wrong. But its still a good movie.

BTW, heres another flick that I think could fit this thread: Heavens Gate. Anyone ever watched it?

Yes, it has its flaws.....its waaaay too long and lingers....and lingers......but its better than its rep. Like Ishtar. :)

Frazod
02-26-2010, 09:50 PM
Yea, ive heard a few people say that about it....and they probably wouldnt be wrong. But its still a good movie.

BTW, heres another flick that I think could fit this thread: Heavens Gate. Anyone ever watched it?

Yes, it has its flaws.....its waaaay too long and lingers....and lingers......but its better than its rep. Like Ishtar. :)

I've seen Heaven's Gate. It's sort of like The Postman - devoured by the press to the point where it's doomed, but if you watch it, it's really not that bad.

As for Once Upon A Time In America - I thought it was ponderous and pointless, I got tired of the endless pans of urban blight, but when the hero raped his childhood sweetheart and started smoking opium, well, I just couldn't take it anymore. I feel dirty for having watched it. :shake:

BigMeatballDave
02-26-2010, 09:56 PM
[CoMoChief on]Casablanca totally sucked. WTF is with this black and white shit? Rick should have slapped that bitch and run off with the bar skank. And the Nazis are pussies - they didn't even machine gun anybody. What kind of name is Ilsa? Goddamn foreigners. And where are all the tanks? Fuck this I'm gonna go watch Batman & Robin. Now that's a good movie![CoMoChief off]
:LOL:

big nasty kcnut
02-26-2010, 10:52 PM
Eddie and the cruisers damn good movie. Also like the fifth element and the postman.

MoreLemonPledge
02-26-2010, 11:14 PM
http://chezwick.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/space_jam.png?w=507&h=800

HoneyBadger
03-02-2010, 11:32 PM
Ali G Indahouse.

Braincase
03-03-2010, 05:38 AM
If you appreciate 'tongue-in-cheek' sci-fi, "Buckaroo Banzai and His Adventures Across the 8th Dimension" can be a fun flick.

Among the others listed, Gattaca was fantastic, and was nominated for at least one Academy Award. I can understand how the movie might not have much appeal to those that can't understand it on an intellectual level.

I did like AI. A very creepy update of Pinocchio. Agreed on Kelly's Heroes and Body Double.

What do y'all think of "Local Hero"?

blaise
03-03-2010, 05:42 AM
I don't know if I'd say it doesn't get respect, because I don't know exactly how much it's supposed to get, but I always thought Miami Blues with Alec Baldwin and Jennifer Jason Leigh was a good movie that a lot of people never watched.

patteeu
03-03-2010, 06:38 AM
I don't know if I'd say it doesn't get respect, because I don't know exactly how much it's supposed to get, but I always thought Miami Blues with Alec Baldwin and Jennifer Jason Leigh was a good movie that a lot of people never watched.

That was a good movie.

Mojo Jojo
03-03-2010, 07:06 AM
Bubba Ho-Tep....
Bruce Campbell (as Elvis after faking his death) and Ossie Davis (who thinks he is JFK) in a retirement home battling a mummy.
CLASSIC.

Los Pollos Hermanos
03-03-2010, 07:53 AM
Bubba Ho-Tep....
Bruce Campbell (as Elvis after faking his death) and Ossie Davis (who thinks he is JFK) in a retirement home battling a mummy.
CLASSIC.

That movie was horrible.

Great Expectations
03-03-2010, 10:18 AM
Outside Providence is one of my all time favorites and nobody talks about it's brilliance.

Rain Man
03-03-2010, 10:22 AM
Groundhog Day.

HC_Chief
03-03-2010, 10:25 AM
A Clockwork Orange

Ultimate Kubrick film IMO. Brilliant direction, brilliant cinematography, brilliant acting.... it's simply #&@%^ing awesome.

Demonpenz
03-03-2010, 11:39 AM
Tigerland

KJROD20
03-03-2010, 11:58 AM
AI

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II - secret of the ooze

Groundhog Day.

Tigerland

yes, yes, yes, and yes. I'll add:

Eyes Wide Shut - gets lost under Clockwork, 2001, Shining, etc., but it's really good, even though most people think it's slow.
American Splendor - not sure if people actually watched this, but i loved it
Bad Santa - one of my favorites, Billy Bob was hilarious
The Game & Panic Room - two underrated Fincher movies

and I'm a sucker for any sports movie: Glory Road, Little Big League, any of the Mighty Ducks, etc.

I could probably go on and on.

blaise
03-03-2010, 12:02 PM
Jacob's Ladder

Slainte
03-03-2010, 12:02 PM
A Clockwork Orange

Ultimate Kubrick film IMO. Brilliant direction, brilliant cinematography, brilliant acting.... it's simply #&@%^ing awesome.

You *do* know that a good half of the western world praises this movie to the skies, don't you?...

Perhaps you're not entirely clear on the definition of the word "respect"...

Slainte
03-03-2010, 12:03 PM
Jacob's Ladder

THAT...is a good pull for this thread....

Rep.

HC_Chief
03-03-2010, 12:09 PM
You *do* know that a good half of the western world praises this movie to the skies, don't you?...

Perhaps you're not entirely clear on the definition of the word "respect"...

Never seen it "praised to the skies". It is typically hidden in the "bizarre" section in video stores. When referring to Kubrick, it's typically 2001 (technically amzing but boring) or that godawful tom Cruise/Kidman abortion.

It is labeled as a "cult classic" by most. That puts it in the same category as Evil Dead series. To the majority of typical movie watchers, my bet is it doesn't even rank in the top 100.

To me, that means it is not receiving the respect it deserves. The most probable cause is the content; it is too "icky" and "graphic" and "horrifying" for your run of the mill mouthbreathers. ;)

Slainte
03-03-2010, 12:17 PM
Never seen it "praised to the skies". It is typically hidden in the "bizarre" section in video stores. When referring to Kubrick, it's typically 2001 (technically amzing but boring) or that godawful tom Cruise/Kidman abortion.

It is labeled as a "cult classic" by most. That puts it in the same category as Evil Dead series. To the majority of typical movie watchers, my bet is it doesn't even rank in the top 100.

To me, that means it is not receiving the respect it deserves. The most probable cause is the content; it is too "icky" and "graphic" and "horrifying" for your run of the mill mouthbreathers. ;)

No. Wrong. Seriously, do some research...outside of your local yokel video store.

Detoxing
03-03-2010, 12:22 PM
To those who didn't like Pineapple express, watch it again! I hated it the first time, but for some reason I watched it again and again and again. James Franco plays one of the best stoners I've ever seen, great acting by him, seriously. The conversations they have is the best part, I love it.

I'll be the third on this bandwagon. I agree, the movie was better the second time around. Not sure why, but I was laughing my ass off the second time I watched it. The first time I watched it i was a bit dissapointed.

IMO, the same can be said about Hot Rod.

HC_Chief
03-03-2010, 12:36 PM
No. Wrong. Seriously, do some research...outside of your local yokel video store.

Mmm'kay.... http://lmgtfy.com/?q=A+Clockwork+Orange

The majority rail on about "futuristic dystopian orgy of sex and violence"; again, right to the root of my argument: it is loved by a subset (thus "cult classic") but generally diregarded as an ode to ultraviolence. See Roger Ebert's review: http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/19720211/REVIEWS/202110301/1023

The author of the novel upon which it is based said the same things! He railed on how the world was misinterpretting his work, "The book I am best known for, or only known for, is a novel I am prepared to repudiate: written a quarter of a century ago, a jeu d'esprit knocked off for money in three weeks, it became known as the raw material for a film which seemed to glorify sex and violence. The film made it easy for readers of the book to misunderstand what it was about, and the misunderstanding will pursue me till I die." (per http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Clockwork_Orange)

You must be a fan too; we're in a cult. Heh.

ChiefaRoo
03-03-2010, 12:59 PM
I always liked this movie - Lost in America. Funny stuff.
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d7JNUH7P2Aw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d7JNUH7P2Aw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U4RZTNtuZvQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U4RZTNtuZvQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Demonpenz
03-03-2010, 01:02 PM
A clockwork Orange sucks for the simple fact scenesters and hipsters have to bring it up all the time and wear the dumb outfits and quote the movie all the time making it lame

HC_Chief
03-03-2010, 01:15 PM
A clockwork Orange sucks for the simple fact scenesters and hipsters have to bring it up all the time and wear the dumb outfits and quote the movie all the time making it lame

lol
Wouldn't that be lame fans, rather than a lame movie?

I have to admit I think it's cool garb.... for Halloween. Anyone who dresses like that for any other reason = goth, emo, ghey. :D

blaise
03-03-2010, 01:17 PM
Burgess was supposedly angry at Kubrick because Kubrick didn't include the last chapter from the book where Alex ends up outgrowing the ultraviolence stuff.

HC_Chief
03-03-2010, 01:20 PM
Burgess was supposedly angry at Kubrick because Kubrick didn't include the last chapter from the book where Alex ends up outgrowing the ultraviolence stuff.

I prefer the ending Kubrick used. Alex seems to have been altered to the alternate side of the pendulum; even more sociopathic/psychotic (if that's even possible).

rockymtnchief
03-03-2010, 01:20 PM
Jacob's Ladder

I hadn't seen it in quite a while and caught it again a month ago. I still liked it as much as the first time I saw it.

Another flick I like, but don't hear much about from others, is 'Frequency'. Probably because I always wonder what I would do if that kind of situation was presented to me. I'd be telling my dad to bet the house on Buster Douglas and invest it in Microsoft.

Deberg_1990
03-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Tommy is always a fun watch.

Fire Me Boy!
03-03-2010, 06:53 PM
Dick Tracy
Godfather III

patteeu
03-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Dick Tracy

It didn't get respect because it sucked.

Fire Me Boy!
03-03-2010, 06:57 PM
It didn't get respect because it sucked.

Solid direction, inspired casting, great makeup, great script..... it was a movie based off of a comic book, and it's nowhere NEAR as bad as people make it out to be.

:harumph:

Frazod
03-03-2010, 07:01 PM
Solid direction, inspired casting, great makeup, great script..... it was a movie based off of a comic book, and it's nowhere NEAR as bad as people make it out to be.

For me, Dick Tracy was saved by my low expectations. I didn't like it as much as you did, but since I figured it would be horrible, I was pleasantly surprised when it wasn't.

Fire Me Boy!
03-03-2010, 07:02 PM
For me, Dick Tracy was saved by my low expectations. I didn't like it as much as you did, but since I figured it would be horrible, I was pleasantly surprised when it wasn't.

I'm not arguing it deserves to be on any AFI list soon, but I do genuinely think it's underrated.

I'm just waiting for the Blu-Ray. :D

Frazod
03-03-2010, 07:06 PM
I'm not arguing it deserves to be on any AFI list soon, but I do genuinely think it's underrated.

I'm just waiting for the Blu-Ray. :D

Meh. That's a once-was-enough movie.

jidar
03-03-2010, 07:16 PM
I'm generally annoyed by movie critics and can't ****ing stand movie snobs, because of that I could make a big list here.
but here are just a few:

Chronicles of Riddick
Euro Trip
The Fifth Element
The Matrix Sequels

All of these are movies that aren't perfect, but they're fun and enjoyable. The world (and Internet forums in particular) is full of people who love to hate on things like this in some vain attempt to appear cultured or discerning I guess. **** that shit, I'd rather go through life trying to find the good in things instead of pointing out the bad and in my experience enjoying movies like this doesn't make me enjoy the truly great movies any less.

If you don't emerge from having watched one of these movies and considered it a net positive, that doesn't make you smarter than other people. All it means is that you've mastered the unique gymnastics required to shit in your own mouth - to dilute your own joy, or the prospect of joy. I don't ever want to be smart enough to learn that trick, and I suspect I'm in no danger. I'm old enough now to settle for the merely good, which I recognize is grotesque and counter-revolutionary.

jidar
03-03-2010, 07:20 PM
I prefer the ending Kubrick used. Alex seems to have been altered to the alternate side of the pendulum; even more sociopathic/psychotic (if that's even possible).

I read the book with the missing chapter and a forward by Burgess where hes goes on about how his vision was altered in the American printing of the book.
Frankly I think the book was improved by removing the last chapter (and that goes for the movie too). Burgess claims that the final chapter is required in order to show Alex changing and growing otherwise it's not truly a novel, but to me that section was so unbelievable and cliched I really thought it diluted the books impact by including it.

Deberg_1990
03-03-2010, 07:28 PM

Umm..yes its bad. I saw it a few weeks ago on some random cable channel.

Its awful.

cdcox
03-03-2010, 07:42 PM
Groundhog Day.

Actually, that movie has received a ton of well deserved acclaim.

Rotten Tomatoes: 96%

One of Roger Ebert's Great Movies

#8 on AFI's Best Fantasy Movies of Alltime

#34 on AFI's list of greatest Comedies of all times.

I love that movie.

Crush
03-03-2010, 08:02 PM
Altered States

Reaper16
03-03-2010, 08:12 PM
Speed Racer. Look at it as a kids movie because it is a kids movie. Then think about how forward-thinking its visuals are and how much of a cartoony look they lend to a live-action picture. That film's major problem is that it tries to cram the entire series into one movie. Still, it is a fine picture for what it tries to be.

PunkinDrublic
03-03-2010, 08:57 PM
yes, yes, yes, and yes. I'll add:

Eyes Wide Shut - gets lost under Clockwork, 2001, Shining, etc., but it's really good, even though most people think it's slow.
American Splendor - not sure if people actually watched this, but i loved it
Bad Santa - one of my favorites, Billy Bob was hilarious
The Game & Panic Room - two underrated Fincher movies

and I'm a sucker for any sports movie: Glory Road, Little Big League, any of the Mighty Ducks, etc.

I could probably go on and on.

I love American Splendor that movie is so underappreciated.
Posted via Mobile Device

HC_Chief
03-03-2010, 09:26 PM
American Psycho is another I'd like to submit.

Some of the best dark humor you will ever find. Perhaps "not respected" is a bit loose in this application, same with A Clockwork Orange: perhaps "underappreciated" is more accurate? Again, due to subject matter IMO.

Props to jidar for listing Fifth Element! That movie was awesome. I went in with very low expectations and walked out entertained and impressed. Hell, I still watch it and find it to be awesome; like a sort of campy Blade Runner in many aspects.

I, too, enjoyed Chronicles of Riddick. It wasn't great, but it had some cool moments. Not as good as Pitch Black IMO, and that may be why it is not getting much respect: people expected it to be a follow-up on par with it precursor; it simply isn't. That doesn't make it bad.

blaise
03-03-2010, 09:36 PM
I read the book with the missing chapter and a forward by Burgess where hes goes on about how his vision was altered in the American printing of the book.
Frankly I think the book was improved by removing the last chapter (and that goes for the movie too). Burgess claims that the final chapter is required in order to show Alex changing and growing otherwise it's not truly a novel, but to me that section was so unbelievable and cliched I really thought it diluted the books impact by including it.

I don't see how it's cliche. I think the book and movie both work, with or without the final chapter, in different ways. I don't agree that the final chapter dilutes it, or that it was unbelievable. It just shows that despite all the attempts to change Alex's way of thinking what actually ends up changing him is time. I guess you could say it dilutes the impact of the novel if you wanted the impact of the novel to differ from what Burgess wanted, but the author decided what impact he wanted the book to have. If he wanted the impact to be just be about droogy sort-of ultraviolent behavior he would have cut it, but obviously he wanted the ending impact to be that people can just naturally grow beyond that sort of behavior.

Guru
03-04-2010, 03:24 AM
I hadn't seen it in quite a while and caught it again a month ago. I still liked it as much as the first time I saw it.

Another flick I like, but don't hear much about from others, is 'Frequency'. Probably because I always wonder what I would do if that kind of situation was presented to me. I'd be telling my dad to bet the house on Buster Douglas and invest it in Microsoft.Frequency is my entry into this as well.

Fire Me Boy!
03-04-2010, 05:10 AM
I'm generally annoyed by movie critics and can't ****ing stand movie snobs, because of that I could make a big list here.
but here are just a few:

Chronicles of Riddick
Euro Trip
The Fifth Element
The Matrix Sequels

All of these are movies that aren't perfect, but they're fun and enjoyable. The world (and Internet forums in particular) is full of people who love to hate on things like this in some vain attempt to appear cultured or discerning I guess. **** that shit, I'd rather go through life trying to find the good in things instead of pointing out the bad and in my experience enjoying movies like this doesn't make me enjoy the truly great movies any less.

If you don't emerge from having watched one of these movies and considered it a net positive, that doesn't make you smarter than other people. All it means is that you've mastered the unique gymnastics required to shit in your own mouth - to dilute your own joy, or the prospect of joy. I don't ever want to be smart enough to learn that trick, and I suspect I'm in no danger. I'm old enough now to settle for the merely good, which I recognize is grotesque and counter-revolutionary.

Haven't seen Chronicles or Euro, and I love the Fifth Element. But the 2nd Matrix was meh, the third was awful.

Fire Me Boy!
03-04-2010, 05:38 AM
Umm..yes its bad. I saw it a few weeks ago on some random cable channel.

Its awful.

It can't be all bad - it's 67% on Rotten Tomatoes.

rad
03-04-2010, 06:02 AM

It's #47

http://www.imdb.com/chart/top?tt0066921

#46 here

AFI
Recognition:

100 YEARS…100 MOVIES #46
100 YEARS…100 THRILLS #21
100 YEARS…100 HEROES & VILLAINS #12
100 YEARS…100 MOVIES – 10TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION #70

ChiefJustice
03-04-2010, 06:04 AM
Contact

From the Carl Sagan novel....I know this movie has some hokie parts,but,I love this movie.Jodie Foster was great and seeing John Hurt and Tom Skerrit together again is nice.

Taps

Kids take over a military school after they hear it will be closed down.George C. Scott,Sean Penn,Timothy Hutton...and,Tom Cruise,with his best line..."It's beautiful man....it's ****ing beautiful"

Miller's Crossing

I think this was like the 3rd of the Cohen brother's movies.Gabriel Byrne is the man and Albert Finney is still an artist with a Thompson.A highly underrated movie.

patteeu
03-04-2010, 06:40 AM
It can't be all bad - it's 67% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Then how can you say it doesn't get the respect it deserves? In my book, at 67% it's highly overrated. But of course, you're entitled to your opinion. :)

Fire Me Boy!
03-04-2010, 07:25 AM
Then how can you say it doesn't get the respect it deserves? In my book, at 67% it's highly overrated. But of course, you're entitled to your opinion. :)

It gets dogged ALL the time. I was frankly surprised at the RT rating.

Deberg_1990
03-04-2010, 07:41 AM
It gets dogged ALL the time. I was frankly surprised at the RT rating.

Actually, its professionally made....looks good, etc.....

Its biggest crime is that its boring and forgettable. IMO the worst kind of movie.

Fire Me Boy!
03-04-2010, 07:44 AM
Actually, its professionally made....looks good, etc.....

Its biggest crime is that its boring and forgettable. IMO the worst kind of movie.

:eek:

"Boring" and "forgettable"? Pacino got an Oscar nod for that performance!

Frazod
03-04-2010, 08:28 AM
Contact

From the Carl Sagan novel....I know this movie has some hokie parts,but,I love this movie.Jodie Foster was great and seeing John Hurt and Tom Skerrit together again is nice.

Taps

Kids take over a military school after they hear it will be closed down.George C. Scott,Sean Penn,Timothy Hutton...and,Tom Cruise,with his best line..."It's beautiful man....it's ****ing beautiful"

Miller's Crossing

I think this was like the 3rd of the Cohen brother's movies.Gabriel Byrne is the man and Albert Finney is still an artist with a Thompson.A highly underrated movie.

I like all three of these movies a lot, especially Miller's Crossing. Far and away the best thing the Coens have ever done, and YES THAT INCLUDES THAT STEAMING PILE OF CRAP NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN.

blaise
03-04-2010, 08:35 AM
I'd like to nominate No Country for Old Men.

Frazod
03-04-2010, 08:35 AM
I'd like to nominate No Country for Old Men.

Good call. It certainly doesn't get any respect from me. :mad:

raybec 4
03-04-2010, 09:14 AM
Man on Fire
Payback
True Romance

Fire Me Boy!
03-04-2010, 09:14 AM
I like all three of these movies a lot, especially Miller's Crossing. Far and away the best thing the Coens have ever done, and YES THAT INCLUDES THAT STEAMING PILE OF CRAP NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN.

MC is great, but I actually put Blood Simple higher.

Frazod
03-04-2010, 09:20 AM

I've actually never seen that one. It's on the list of Movies I Should Have Seen By Now But Haven't Because I Suck.

Demonpenz
03-04-2010, 09:23 AM
Frequency is the one where that dude goes back in time and like puts his wallet in the wall and stuff? That movie was bad ass. I like the movie Outside Providence ......alot

rockymtnchief
03-04-2010, 09:32 AM
Frequency is the one where that dude goes back in time and like puts his wallet in the wall and stuff? That movie was bad ass. I like the movie Outside Providence ......alot

Yup, pulls his dads wallet out of a loose floor board under a window seat. (IIRC)

HC_Chief
03-04-2010, 09:41 AM
It's #47

http://www.imdb.com/chart/top?tt0066921

#46 here

AFI
Recognition:

100 YEARS…100 MOVIES #46
100 YEARS…100 THRILLS #21
100 YEARS…100 HEROES & VILLAINS #12
100 YEARS…100 MOVIES – 10TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION #70

Higher than I expected. Still, imdb and AFI = subset; typically more hardcore movie fanatics.

I put it much higher on technical attributes alone. It is visually stunning. The framing is superb (that's a Kubrick trademark), and the visceral execution of horrific acts of violence juxtaposed with Beethoven set a mood unrivaled by anyone other than Hitchcock. Alex was simultaneously protagonist and antagonist.... that's no small feat!

As I said before, I think it lacks the respect it deserves (IMO) due to subject matter. The same applies for two of my favorite movies, which do receive tons of respect: Alien and The Exorcist. While highly regarded in both cases, many critics and fans write them off for being sci-fi/horror films, as if that genre was undeserving of critical analysis and acceptance. If you take each of those films, disregard subject matter, you will find them to be brilliantly filmed, edited, scripted, blocked, framed, and acted, with phenomenal scoring. The set design in Alien played nearly as big a role as the actors... and it was phenomenal!

Deberg_1990
03-04-2010, 10:09 AM
Pacino got an Oscar nod for that performance!

Wow??? Incredible...

Exactly why i dont care about Oscars anymore.

Katipan
03-04-2010, 10:13 AM
The Blood of Heroes.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094764/

Football in the future using a dog skull for a ball. Only person that can touch the ball is the defenseless skinny scrawny guy. Everyone else on the team gets medieval weapons.

Demonpenz
03-04-2010, 11:51 AM
Outside Providence is one of my all time favorites and nobody talks about it's brilliance.

damn! I missed this post. I love that movie, soundtrack and amy smart!

HOW MANY PEOPLE DO YOU KNOW NAMED DRUGS!

PunkinDrublic
03-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Reality Bites. Kind of a chick movie but filled with memorable lines that are funny as hell.

Rain Man
03-05-2010, 06:50 PM
Oh, here's a good one. I love this movie and it's exceedingly clever:

Pleasantville.

Fire Me Boy!
03-05-2010, 06:55 PM
Oh, here's a good one. I love this movie and it's exceedingly clever:

Pleasantville.

Great movie, but P'ville got all kinds of love when it came out.

Deberg_1990
03-05-2010, 07:08 PM

heh....yea, that was right before Toby and Reese blew up big too....

JD10367
03-05-2010, 07:27 PM
Pretty much most of my VHS and DVD collection.

I'll just take a look at one shelf and see what I spot.

First row:

The Iron Giant
The Last Of The Mohicans
The Fisher King
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deberg_1990
03-05-2010, 07:29 PM

First row:

The Iron Giant
The Last Of The Mohicans
The Fisher King

These three movies all got respect when released.....

Iron Giant was criminally underseen though.

KcMizzou
03-05-2010, 07:33 PM
Pineapple Express was meh to me. It was funny but WAY overrated. Step Brothers on the other hand was fucking hilarious.Wow. Complete opposite for me.

Crush
03-05-2010, 08:13 PM
A couple of movies that get no respect here in the states are Night Watch and Day Watch. Quite possibly some of the best damn stuff that the fantasy genre has to offer.
Posted via Mobile Device

blaise
03-05-2010, 09:20 PM

First row:

The Iron Giant
The Last Of The Mohicans
The Fisher King

I need to watch that. I've only read the play, but I really enjoyed reading it.

dvd rental
03-05-2010, 10:05 PM
The Men Who Stare at Goats

patteeu
03-06-2010, 05:34 AM

I need to watch that. I've only read the play, but I really enjoyed reading it.

While I was checking that movie out on the Netflix website I came across this similarly titled 2009 movie that surprisingly had an even higher rating:

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Undead(2009) NR

At loose ends, actor and playboy Julian Marsh (Jake Hoffman) accepts a gig directing a bizarre adaptation of "Hamlet" -- written by a spooky-looking Romanian playwright -- that transforms the bard's classic into a tale about vampires and finding the Holy Grail. Before long, life begins to imitate art and Marsh is up to his neck in problems as, one by one, cast members become actual vampires and take sides in an ancient war of the undead.

Jerm
03-06-2010, 08:02 AM
Frailty
Apocalypto
Munich
The Day After
Posted via Mobile Device

CosmicPal
03-06-2010, 08:58 AM

It is a cult classic, however, it is also regarded by the film industry as one of the best movies.

Even IMDB users seem to agree by placing it in the top 50: http://www.imdb.com/chart/top

heapshake
03-06-2010, 09:51 AM
While I was checking that movie out on the Netflix website I came across this similarly titled 2009 movie that surprisingly had an even higher rating:
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Undead(2009) NR

At loose ends, actor and playboy Julian Marsh (Jake Hoffman) accepts a gig directing a bizarre adaptation of "Hamlet" -- written by a spooky-looking Romanian playwright -- that transforms the bard's classic into a tale about vampires and finding the Holy Grail. Before long, life begins to imitate art and Marsh is up to his neck in problems as, one by one, cast members become actual vampires and take sides in an ancient war of the undead.

I just saved that to my Queue. It has Ralph Macchio in it so it must be good.

Frazod
03-06-2010, 11:52 AM

First row:

The Iron Giant
The Last Of The Mohicans
The Fisher King

I sure wish they'd come out with a new blu ray of Last of the Mohicans that does two things:

1. Replace the Land of the Lost waterfall special effects.
2. GO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL ENDING :# They replaced a great, dramatic ending with a giant piece of shit. WTF was Mann thinking?

Deberg_1990
03-06-2010, 12:59 PM
I sure wish they'd come out with a new blu ray of Last of the Mohicans that does two things:

1. Replace the Land of the Lost waterfall special effects.
2. GO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL ENDING :# They replaced a great, dramatic ending with a giant piece of shit. WTF was Mann thinking?

Yea, he added several scenes in the special edition i think? Havent watched it in awhile....

But damn, thats a great flick...one of my faves.

Baby Lee
03-06-2010, 02:58 PM

Blood Simple is up there, but Fargo is, for me the complete package. Like a fine wine, it's just chock full of those little 'notes' that linger, a skotche of macabre, a pinch of craven, a pinch of offbeat, and soupcon of wacky, a splash of mundane. The difference for me between Blood Simple and Fargo is the difference between a competent etude and a life's work culminating symphony. Blood Simple plucks the strings, but Fargo flourishes them.

That said, I'd be KEENLY interested to hear ol' Fraz' take on Blood Simple. It certainly 'pays off' in a more conventional way while retaining the signature Coen quirks.

Frazod
03-06-2010, 03:05 PM
Yea, he added several scenes in the special edition i think? Havent watched it in awhile....

But damn, thats a great flick...one of my faves.

Nothing added enhanced anything, IMO. One of the worst director's cuts I've ever seen - right down there with Troy and The Abyss.

Frazod
03-06-2010, 03:09 PM
Blood Simple is up there, but Fargo is, for me the complete package. Like a fine wine, it's just chock full of those little 'notes' that linger, a skotche of macabre, a pinch of craven, a pinch of offbeat, and soupcon of wacky, a splash of mundane. The difference for me between Blood Simple and Fargo is the difference between a competent etude and a life's work culminating symphony. Blood Simple plucks the strings, but Fargo flourishes them.

That said, I'd be KEENLY interested to hear ol' Fraz' take on Blood Simple. It certainly 'pays off' in a more conventional way while retaining the signature Coen quirks.

After reading this, I have a sudden urge to buy flowers and put on something pink. Thank God it will pass quickly.

Fargo was mostly very good. The whole subplot with the Asian dude having the crush on the sheriff was one of the most mind-numbingly retarded things I've ever seen in an otherwise great film.

Fire Me Boy!
03-06-2010, 04:02 PM

I like Fargo, but it's pretty far down the list for me. I think they've done much better. Fargo was just what introduced them to mainstream audiences.

I will say, even "far down the list" of Coen's is still very high on my overall list of movies. I'm a huge fan (I'll just pretend Intolerable Cruelty and The Ladykillers didn't happen).

mikeyis4dcats.
03-06-2010, 04:16 PM
I like Fargo, but it's pretty far down the list for me. I think they've done much better. Fargo was just what introduced them to mainstream audiences.

I will say, even "far down the list" of Coen's is still very high on my overall list of movies. I'm a huge fan (I'll just pretend Intolerable Cruelty and The Ladykillers didn't happen).

ugh, that LITERALLY made me shiver.

Deberg_1990
03-06-2010, 04:17 PM
(I'll just pretend Intolerable Cruelty and The Ladykillers didn't happen).

UGHH....i hated those. It was like they were trying to go mainstream and it didnt quite work out for them??

Really looking forward to their True Grit remake with Jeff Bridges.

KC_Connection
03-06-2010, 04:41 PM
Just off the top of my head...

Miller's Crossing, Rushmore, The Truman Show, Amistad, 28 Days Later, A History of Violence, Letters from Iwo Jima, Grave of the Fireflies, almost anything Hayao Miyazaki has done with animation.

Baby Lee
03-06-2010, 05:26 PM

I'd seen everything the Coen's had put out when I saw Fargo. It started with the 'cool teacher' in HS [a point where I was presently a mere couple of years past living in a TV-less household] raving about Raising Arizona, and a couple years later having a spirited 'dscussion' after our Church youth group [basically the kids I'd grown up with] had gotten together for a movie night and watched [among other things] Barton Fink. We were split down the middle between 'whatta load of crap' and 'are you kidding that was awesome' and you can guess where I fell.

And the thing that puts Fargo at the top is the staying power of it's 'notes.' Some things strike you rigtht over the head in one viewing, then become dated. I have to admit, Pulp Fiction at times fall in that category. There are some times that I literally CAN'T STAND the opening dialog between Jules and Vince, most notably when Sam Jackson fails to pull off his 'delighted bemusement' at the concept of a Royale with Cheese, then Vince plows ahead with his breathless recounting of the rules of drug possession 'you can own it, but you can't sell it, you can buy it, but you can't . . . .' I sometimes picture the line reading as done by Jackie Mason. But I don't have those feelings ever about The Godfather. No matter how many times I see Don Vito yell 'you can act LIKE A MAN!!!' or Apoc Now, no matter how many times I hear Duvall opine on the scent of Napalm in the morning. And I reliably get the same 'notes' from repeated viewings of Fargo. And they're such wildly varying notes. Like I said, rediculous, wacky, embarassing, embarassed, macabre, violent, tense and on and on, right down to the 'boring' center of the interactions between Margie and her husband.

And as 'retarded' as the scene with the Asian guy was, it's still, for me, fascinating to ruminate on the desperate unhappiness of a middle-aged single man of ethnicity in a land such as created by the Coens in Fargo that would drive one to such an empassioned bid. That someone of such apparent nerdy blandness would/could prove so 'exotic' and 'other' in such an amalgated place that any woman who paid him any attention would be viewed as such a savior.

Fire Me Boy!
03-06-2010, 06:23 PM
I'd seen everything the Coen's had put out when I saw Fargo. It started with the 'cool teacher' in HS [a point where I was presently a mere couple of years past living in a TV-less household] raving about Raising Arizona, and a couple years later having a spirited 'dscussion' after our Church youth group [basically the kids I'd grown up with] had gotten together for a movie night and watched [among other things] Barton Fink. We were split down the middle between 'whatta load of crap' and 'are you kidding that was awesome' and you can guess where I fell.

And the thing that puts Fargo at the top is the staying power of it's 'notes.' Some things strike you rigtht over the head in one viewing, then become dated. I have to admit, Pulp Fiction at times fall in that category. There are some times that I literally CAN'T STAND the opening dialog between Jules and Vince, most notably when Sam Jackson fails to pull off his 'delighted bemusement' at the concept of a Royale with Cheese, then Vince plows ahead with his breathless recounting of the rules of drug possession 'you can own it, but you can't sell it, you can buy it, but you can't . . . .' I sometimes picture the line reading as done by Jackie Mason. But I don't have those feelings ever about The Godfather. No matter how many times I see Don Vito yell 'you can act LIKE A MAN!!!' or Apoc Now, no matter how many times I hear Duvall opine on the scent of Napalm in the morning. And I reliably get the same 'notes' from repeated viewings of Fargo. And they're such wildly varying notes. Like I said, rediculous, wacky, embarassing, embarassed, macabre, violent, tense and on and on, right down to the 'boring' center of the interactions between Margie and her husband.

And as 'retarded' as the scene with the Asian guy was, it's still, for me, fascinating to ruminate on the desperate unhappiness of a middle-aged single man of ethnicity in a land such as created by the Coens in Fargo that would drive one to such an empassioned bid. That someone of such apparent nerdy blandness would/could prove so 'exotic' and 'other' in such an amalgated place that any woman who paid him any attention would be viewed as such a savior.

I can't argue with anything you've written. Much of what you've mentioned is pretty universal for their work, which is why I'm a huge fan. I think Fargo is one of their more mainstream films, and I tend to gravitate more toward their quirkier fare, totally based on personal preference.

SNR
03-06-2010, 07:10 PM
Gettysburg. Pretty epic movie.

Demonpenz
03-06-2010, 07:13 PM
enemy at the gates must be a jude law curse

Deberg_1990
03-06-2010, 09:14 PM

Great write up. Well said.

Fargo is probably my favorite flick of theirs...but O Brother Where art thou or No Country might be close....either way, they all have their merits.

Oh, and Tarantino films never get old for me. Im an unabashed lover of his films. Probably because i really "get" his B movie sensibility. Alot of people seem to want him to make something deeper and meaningful, but he is what he is and he does it better than anyone.

So having said that, Death Proof and Jackie Brown could go in the no respect category. :)

BigRedChief
03-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Guilty Pleasure....EuroTrip
This isn't where I parked my car.

Scootty doesn't know video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vyj1C8ogtE

Scotty doesn't know that Fiona and me
Do it in my van every Sunday.
She tells him she's in church but she doesn't go
Still she's on her knees and Scotty doesn't know!

Oh Scotty doesn't know!
So Don't Tell Scotty!
Scotty doesn't know!
Scotty doesn't know!
So Don't Tell Scotty!

Fiona says she's out shopping,
But she's under me and I'm not stopping...

Because Scotty doesn't know!
Scotty doesn't know! (X3)
So don't tell Scotty!
Scotty doesn't know!

Don't tell Scotty!

I can't believe he's so trusting,
While I'm right behind you thrusting.
Fiona's got him on the phone,
And she's trying not to moan.
It's a three-way call and he knows nothing!

Scotty doesn't know!(X3)
So don't tell Scotty!
Scotty doesn't know!(X3)</EMBED>

BWillie
03-06-2010, 10:18 PM
I thought Yes Man was pretty good. I don't hear it ever talked about.

patteeu
03-07-2010, 06:11 AM
Fanboys

milkman
03-07-2010, 06:44 AM
Discussions about movies around here are far too intellectual for me.

I don't give a rat's ass about who the director is, or cinematography, if they used some new fangled equipment, or any of that bullshit.

If the story is a good one, that's all I need to know.

All the rest of that is just periphery intellectual shit.

That being said, a movie I really enjoyed, that was just fun and had me laughing that I have never heard, or seen, anyone talk about ever is "Undercover Blues".

Just a good, funny movie.

patteeu
03-07-2010, 08:55 AM
Discussions about movies around here are far too intellectual for me.

I don't give a rat's ass about who the director is, or cinematography, if they used some new fangled equipment, or any of that bullshit.

If the story is a good one, that's all I need to know.

All the rest of that is just periphery intellectual shit.

That being said, a movie I really enjoyed, that was just fun and had me laughing that I have never heard, or seen, anyone talk about ever is "Undercover Blues".

Just a good, funny movie.

George Armitage's direction is marked by a simple, precise attention to details of the Miami scene. Tak Fujimoto's cinematography catches the detail and color just as simply and precisely, don't you think?

KcMizzou
03-08-2010, 09:07 PM
I watched Outside Providence tonight, thanks to this thread.

I really liked it. (And the soundtrack was great.)

Rain Man
03-08-2010, 09:27 PM

I didn't remember that, but it wouldn't surprise me.

But 10 years later I don't hear it mentioned as a great movie, and I have to say that it's one of my top ten movies of all time. It's got a completely unique plot, great cinematography, near-perfect casting (Don Knotts is my only wince), and I love how the color starts appearing. This movie is one of the few movies out there where you can't point to it and say, "It's just YYY movie with a different setting."

thurman merman
03-08-2010, 09:44 PM
Why in the hell would anybody like Pineapple Express?

KcMizzou
03-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Why in the hell would anybody like Pineapple Express?According to RT 68% of the critics did. :shrug: