PDA

View Full Version : Computers Wireless Router Help

BigMeatballDave
02-27-2010, 05:40 PM
I need to set my wireless router for password protection. How do I do this? Its a Netgear.

Fish
02-27-2010, 08:01 PM
www.routerlogin.net (http://www.routerlogin.net/)

If you've never changed any settings on it before, you'll want to use:

Name: admin
Password: password

And change that password once you log in and configure it, otherwise anybody can login and lock you out of your own router.

After you're logged in, look for the Wireless section, then security settings. It will allow you to pick the type of encryption and set the password for accessing the wireless connection.

BigMeatballDave
02-27-2010, 08:49 PM
Ok. I did all that and my laptop will not allow me to log in. It doesn't even give me an option. When I click on a network, it says 'The settings saved on this computer do not match the requirements of the network'
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave
02-27-2010, 08:51 PM
I have the Droid and I am using my wifi now. It allowed me to log in on this, but not my laptop.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz
02-27-2010, 08:55 PM
Ok. I did all that and my laptop will not allow me to log in. It doesn't even give me an option. When I click on a network, it says 'The settings saved on this computer do not match the requirements of the network'
Posted via Mobile Device
you probably need to go into "view wireless connections" and delete yours so it starts over.

Then you need to make sure that your connection security protocals,key and password all match.

BigMeatballDave
02-27-2010, 09:06 PM
you probably need to go into "view wireless connections" and delete yours so it starts over.

Then you need to make sure that your connection security protocals,key and password all match.Yep. Thats what it was. Thanks, guys!

I had to secure my network because I had 3 people leaching off of it and choking my connection.

Mr. Laz
02-27-2010, 09:43 PM
Yep. Thats what it was. Thanks, guys!

I had to secure my network because I had 3 people leaching off of it and choking my connection.cool :)

yea, alot times when people change their wireless network setup for some reason they tend use the same name or just use the same setup and modify it. The problem is that windows sees the same name it thinks it's the same exact setup. You basically get a "password or setup error" because it keeps trying to log-in the same.

whenever you change the encryption/password stuff on the router side you pretty much gotta delete the windows connection so it refreshes all the setup info.

Fish
02-27-2010, 09:49 PM
Be sure and name your new wireless network "ScrewYouYaDamnLeaches"

:thumb: