PDA

View Full Version : Electronics Anyone have or use a PDA or EDA device

tymania
03-01-2010, 08:34 AM
I am looking at purchasing some PDA or EDA devices for work.. They need to be windows based so i can use the remote desktop connection to remote into our SQL server. I was wondering if anyone out there has any experience with these types of devices and how they like them? Know of any good deals out there?

tymania
03-01-2010, 08:36 AM
http://www.barcodediscount.com/catalog/janam/xm60-plus.htm

I like that one, but its a little expensive

memyselfI
03-01-2010, 08:59 AM
Will you carry this AND a cell phone? If so, why?

tymania
03-01-2010, 09:07 AM
not for me... for the supervisors in production.. They keep track of production manually(pen and paper).. we bought some software to help keep track of this stuff and are looking at buying some handheld devices they can use to input this data into the software as they go..

Fish
03-01-2010, 09:50 AM
It doesn't exactly have to be Windows based to use a Remote Desktop connection. I use a Remote Desktop app on my iPhone to connect to my work PC all the time.

iPod Touch could probably do everything you need it to do in that regard.

But if you already have desktop software purchased, you should probably check with the manufacturer of that software, and see if they have a solution that would work for easy input from a handheld device.

tymania
03-01-2010, 10:05 AM
we have thought about getting some sort of phone to do this.. but then we will have a cell phone bill every month for the devices.. and wont be using them as phones.. So i was kinda thinking of some sort of PDA or scanner that has remote connection capabilities...

I have a meeting with the software company today to see what they will recommend, i just have a feeling its going to be something outrageously expensive

pr_capone
03-01-2010, 10:11 AM
we have thought about getting some sort of phone to do this.. but then we will have a cell phone bill every month for the devices.. and wont be using them as phones.. So i was kinda thinking of some sort of PDA or scanner that has remote connection capabilities...

I have a meeting with the software company today to see what they will recommend, i just have a feeling its going to be something outrageously expensive

Palm will do remote connections as well.