PDA

View Full Version : Pro Days: McClain runs, Cody loses some more weight

Mr. Laz
03-10-2010, 01:54 PM
Details On Alabama, Kansas Pro Days (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/3/10/1366533/details-on-alabama-kansas-pro-days)

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/profile_images/240996/headshot_tiny.jpg by Joel Thorman (http://www.sbnation.com/users/Joel%20Thorman) on Mar 10, 2010 1:28 PM CST (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/3/10/1366533/details-on-alabama-kansas-pro-days) in 2010 Draft (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/section/2010-draft) http://cdn3.sbnation.com/images/icons/comment.v1599.png 23 comments
We've got some details filtering in on a few key players in the Alabama and Kansas pro day.
Alabama

First, nearly every team in the NFL is at the Alabama pro day so we've gotta assume the Chiefs (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/KAN) are there as well.

LB Rolando McClain ran a 4.74 forty yard dash, which is about what he was expected to do. He didn't run at the NFL Combine due to an injury.

DT Terrence Cody weighed in at 348 pounds, which is excellent news for him. He started at 370 pounds at the Senior Bowl and got down to 354 pounds at the Combine.

--------------------------------------

in other news, Mort kinda slams McClain

mortreport (http://twitter.com/mortreport)
RT @MoveTheSticks (http://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks): There've been some stud LB's lately: Willis, Beason, 3 SC LB's last year & Curry. I don't think McClain is in that class.

Chiefnj2
03-10-2010, 01:57 PM
That's not really Mort slamming him, it's Jeremiah from movethesticks.

Chavous of draftnasty and Jeremiah of move the sticks have both been saying that McClain dogs it a lot on film.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-10-2010, 02:07 PM
4.74 at a Pro Day is like a 4.9 at the Combine.

That'll cause a drop.

milkman
03-10-2010, 02:08 PM

Chavous of draftnasty and Jeremiah of move the sticks have both been saying that McClain dogs it a lot on film.

It's also not a slam because it's the truth.

milkman
03-10-2010, 02:10 PM

That'll cause a drop.

Damn it!

Scott Pioli is salivating at the thought of this reach now.

Direckshun
03-10-2010, 02:18 PM
TO THE EXTREMELY SLOW SHIP!

Ebolapox
03-10-2010, 02:23 PM
he and cody would be a good pair of second round picks, along with clausen or berry in the first round.

KCrockaholic
03-10-2010, 03:33 PM
he and cody would be a good pair of second round picks, along with clausen or berry in the first round.

Yeah, except McClain is not a 2nd rounder.

ModSocks
03-10-2010, 03:38 PM

That'll cause a drop.

tisk tisk. Dude is slow. Does this make him less attractive to 4-3 teams now?

ModSocks
03-10-2010, 03:39 PM
Yeah, except McClain is not a 2nd rounder.

But, i wonder if him dropping to a mid-late first rnd pick will also cause the other ILB's to drop? I hope so.

Chiefnj2
03-10-2010, 03:53 PM
McClain has Crohn's disease.

GBNREPORT.COM

Star Alabama MLB Rolando McClain stunned the pro scouting fraternity when he disclosed after the Tide’s pro day today that has had Crohn's Disease, an inflammatory intestinal condition, since his freshman year in high school. McClain reportedly treats the condition with medication and obviously has been able to play with it a very high level, however, its certain to be a major red flag for pro teams heading into the 2010 draft at which McClain had been rated as a top 10-15 prospect.

KCrockaholic
03-10-2010, 03:59 PM
But, i wonder if him dropping to a mid-late first rnd pick will also cause the other ILB's to drop? I hope so.

Possibly. Unless we reach and draft him @5 he will fall to the 14-18 range. The ILB position is not very strong in this class, but Spikes could very well be available for our 2b pick, which would be decent value considering our ILB situation. Also watch and see if Pat Angerer ends up a Chief. He kind of fits the mold of a Pioli player.

AustinChief
03-10-2010, 04:00 PM
McClain has Crohn's disease.

GBNREPORT.COM

Star Alabama MLB Rolando McClain stunned the pro scouting fraternity when he disclosed after the Tide’s pro day today that has had Crohn's Disease, an inflammatory intestinal condition, since his freshman year in high school. McClain reportedly treats the condition with medication and obviously has been able to play with it a very high level, however, its certain to be a major red flag for pro teams heading into the 2010 draft at which McClain had been rated as a top 10-15 prospect.

wow. THAT should drop him quite a bit.

AustinChief
03-10-2010, 04:06 PM
All-American linebacker Rolando McClain revealed he has Crohn’s Disease.
McClain’s disclosure came as he explained his apparent exhaustion after Cincinnati Bengals coach Jeff Fitzgerald worked out the certain first-round draft pick and teammates Eryk Anders and Cory Reamer.

and...

Linebacker Rolando McClain ran the 40-yard dash in 4.6 seconds, but when running an agility drill, he became ill. He later disclosed that he has battled Crohn's Disease since his freshman year in high school. It's an inflammatory disease of the intestines. McClain said he treats it with medication.

BossChief
03-10-2010, 04:42 PM
I wonder what the chances are that he falls to our 2a pick now?

They need to get some standard way to test 40 time, one guy has him timed at 4.6 and another has him in the mid 4.7s...too wishy washy to be something teams rely on to make multimilliondollar decisions IMHO.

If someone were to develop a fool proof system, they would be set for life HMMMMMM

I may have been off a bit in my early assessment of Ro, but time will tell his impact on a NFL defense long term. If he falls into the 20s and we can send a couple fifths and a fourth to move up, I wouldnt cry in my beer.

Mecca
03-10-2010, 04:43 PM
This is why all these teams go to these workouts and trust their people.

Mr. Laz
03-10-2010, 04:49 PM

muh bad

so many stupid @ and links stuck in twitter it's hard to tell who the hell is saying what :cuss:

Saccopoo
03-10-2010, 04:52 PM
I may have been off a bit in my early assessment of Ro, but time will tell his impact on a NFL defense long term.

What?! Say it ain't so! You know he's got a 4.3 40 yard dash in him somewhere. I know you know!

You backed down on Clausen versus Sanchez, now you are back peddling on McClain? What's your spine made of? Warm butter?

BossChief
03-10-2010, 07:47 PM
What?! Say it ain't so! You know he's got a 4.3 40 yard dash in him somewhere. I know you know!

You backed down on Clausen versus Sanchez, now you are back peddling on McClain? What's your spine made of? Warm butter?

Nice try idiot, try reading my posts twice for now on so that you can comprehend them better, instead of going in with a motive you are trying to achieve. Try to be honest in the future as well, you dishonest retard.

Some here call it taking new information into account into their current outlook, but please do call it backpeddling. That is a lot more telling of your character.

For the record, it says in the report that he was timed at 4.6 on one scouts stopwatch and I said before that I was looking for him to run a 4.55, so obviously the 40 time isnt as important to him dropping on my list of who I would prefer for us to draft as much as his new found disease and lack of competitiveness during the combine. I wanted him to come out and run the best 40 he could and display his competitiveness in front of everyone, he failed that one in my opinion.

When someone posted a thread asking what our top five prospects are coming out this year, my top five were:

Suh
Clausen
Berry
Bradford
McClain

That was in order of priority as well at the time. this was about a month and a half ago iirc.

Being that I dont realistically see them taking a qb and having Suh likely gone by the time we pick, that left me with McClain/Berry and I see Pioli valuing McClain at greater value at the time because he obviously values front 7 players over secondary ones. NE had 4 first rounders from the front 7 and only one in the secondary over the last 10 years.

Him having a serious disease most certainly effects his value to me.

Im not the guy that is stuck on one guy no matter what evidence is put in front of me...I also have no problem admitting when I am wrong.

FTR I never changed my stance on Clausen either.

When you figure in the Weis connection, I would rather us draft Jimmy this year over us drafting Sanchez last year. It is my opinion and it may be wrong, it wouldnt be the first or last time. Im sure everyone wont agree with that assessment, but I dont care, its my opinion on a message board, I expect people to disagree with it otherwise this place would be very boring...

DrRyan
03-10-2010, 09:01 PM
If he falls into the 20s and we can send a couple fifths and a fourth to move up, I wouldnt cry in my beer.

I would. Giving up three picks for an ILB with issues of speed and now possibly health for a team with as many holes as the Chiefs would be terrible management of draft picks IMO. I would much rather take Spikes at 2b than give up three picks for McClain.

1.Berry or Clausen
2a. Best first round talent that has slid, hopefully a OLB.
2b. Spikes, Fox or a WR that has slid(Benn, maybe a little early for Gilyard)

To me that makes a hell of a lot more sense than giving up 3 picks for Ro.
Posted via Mobile Device

Titty Meat
03-10-2010, 10:27 PM
This is why all these teams go to these workouts and trust their people.

Pioli drafted without scouts last year. This year should be better.

BossChief
03-10-2010, 10:29 PM
If you put up every players name that was available to draft last year and simply threw darts at random, you might have had a better draft than our 09 one.

ChiefsCountry
03-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Pioli drafted without scouts last year.

So he is fucking moran.

BossChief
03-10-2010, 11:00 PM
Pioli could have had a decent draft if he had done as much as buying a draft magazine from his local grocery store or library.

Saccopoo
03-11-2010, 02:38 AM
When someone posted a thread asking what our top five prospects are coming out this year, my top five were:

Suh
Clausen
Berry
Bradford
McClain

That was in order of priority as well at the time. this was about a month and a half ago iirc.

My apologies. I must have confused you with another draftnik around here that was proclaiming that McClain was going to run a 4.3 40 and then backpeddled saying that he was off the Rolando bandwagon if he didn't run a 4.35 40. An easy out and one that reeked of ignorant minutia. I am sorry if I have confused you with another CP contributor.

I didn't realize that six weeks ago you were supporting another defensive tackle being drafted by the Chiefs. My bad, and I apologize about the confusion.

Although, considering Dorsey's performance, or lack thereof, I couldn't fault the Chiefs if they drafted Suh or McCoy if they were available when they picked in the draft.

Him having a serious disease most certainly effects his value to me.

I think he's had this the majority of his life, so what he put on the field in his college career is related to the Crohn's.

That he's decided to bring this to the forefront raises him in my eyes. That he's been able to achieve the level of performance that he has at a major college program in a top conference considering what he had to deal with is very impressive.

If you want to sell him short because of this "new" information rather than what he did on the field, then that's your prerogative.

Im not the guy that is stuck on one guy no matter what evidence is put in front of me...I also have no problem admitting when I am wrong.

No, you've proven that you are whimsical and flighty depending upon what comes out on the sports wire on a given moment.

FTR I never changed my stance on Clausen either.

When you figure in the Weis connection, I would rather us draft Jimmy this year over us drafting Sanchez last year.

And that's sticking to your guns. Good on you. And considering that Sanchez was at the bottom statistically of nearly every QB rating in the league last year, you are probably going to be proved out as being correct at the end of next season.

Saccopoo
03-11-2010, 02:39 AM
Pioli could have had a decent draft if he had done as much as buying a draft magazine from his local grocery store or library.

Shhhhh. Don't let out the CP Draft Planet secret. You'll ruin our credibility.

CoMoChief
03-11-2010, 09:46 AM

That'll cause a drop.

Jesus I think I could run a 4.9

AustinChief
03-11-2010, 03:19 PM
I think he's had this the majority of his life, so what he put on the field in his college career is related to the Crohn's.

That he's decided to bring this to the forefront raises him in my eyes. That he's been able to achieve the level of performance that he has at a major college program in a top conference considering what he had to deal with is very impressive.

If you want to sell him short because of this "new" information rather than what he did on the field, then that's your prerogative.

Dude, I don't think you understand the seriousness of a disease like Crohn's... He has likely been VERY lucky so far. At any time it could worsen and his career would be over.

The reason he brought it to light is A) it would have been found out anyway and B) he used it as an excuse(most likely a very valid one) for why he couldn't even complete his pro day workout

Saccopoo
03-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Dude, I don't think you understand the seriousness of a disease like Crohn's... He has likely been VERY lucky so far. At any time it could worsen and his career would be over.

The reason he brought it to light is A) it would have been found out anyway and B) he used it as an excuse(most likely a very valid one) for why he couldn't even complete his pro day workout

I agree. I worked with a guy who had Crohn's. It was fucking horrible. Literally was eating him away from the inside. McClain has been lucky so far and you don't know the severity of the disease as it relates to him. And it does affect how teams will perceive his value. However, he did play at a very high level for his entire college career.

I don't know. I'm not sure where I'd consider him in the draft at this point. It's a tough situation for both McClain and prospective teams.

BryanBusby
03-11-2010, 04:18 PM
It's rather baffling that a dude that's is mainly known for ridiculous power (Cody) was out benched by Rolando McClain.