PDA

View Full Version : Football Poutboy Watch 2010

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-14-2010, 11:52 AM
LaDainian Tomlinson-RB-Chargers Mar. 14 - 1:40 pm et

Citing three people with knowledge of the situation, the San Diego Union-Tribune reports that free agent LaDainian Tomlinson will sign with the Jets.
Source: San Diego Union-Tribune

Stewie
03-14-2010, 11:53 AM
So they gave up one overused back to acquire another. Nice!

doomy3
03-14-2010, 12:13 PM
As a fan of the Jets, what do you think about the move if they sign LT, ROR?

Mr. Laz
03-14-2010, 12:15 PM
ROFL

exactly what i was thinking

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-14-2010, 12:39 PM

I'm only a fan of the Jets when it has no implications for us. I think the LT signing isn't a very practical one, and it makes me wonder why they didn't just keep Jones, keep the chemistry, and keep plugging along.
Tanny, thus far being the Anti-Pioli, has shown me a chink in the armor with this signing. It's very possible that roles could be reversed with the completion of this upcoming draft, thereby creating a vacancy in the 'Anti-Pioli' department of Personnel Fuckery, and said title would have to be changed to something along the lines of "Pioli is the Anti-Shanny", or some such-such.
ROFL

exactly what i was thinking

As a fan of your girlfriend, I enjoy 'Throat-Coat Thursdays' at Laz's Beak-A-Porium.

Buck
03-14-2010, 12:51 PM
Well fuck.

Buck
03-14-2010, 12:52 PM
Done deal: LT headed to the Jets

By Kevin Acee, UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

Sunday, March 14, 2010 at 10:52 a.m.
LaDainian Tomlinson acknowledged the crowd at Qualcomm Stadium in November.

K.C. Alfred / Union-Tribune

LaDainian Tomlinson acknowledged the crowd at Qualcomm Stadium in November.

The team that just two months ago ended one of the best Chargers’ seasons ever now appears to have absconded with one of the best Chargers’ players ever.

According to three people with knowledge of the process, Tomlinson has decided to become a New York Jet.

"It's 100 percent," one source said. "Done deal."

The deal is expected to be announced today or tomorrow.

One source cautioned late last night that a decision has not yet been officialy made. But the others said today that Tomlinson has let people know he is going to New York.

After nine years as a San Diego icon, Tomlinson was released in February. His 2009 season saw him post career-low numbers in carries and yards, but he left the franchise holding 28 team records and as the NFL’s eighth-leading rusher all-time and third-leading touchdown scorer ever.

In New York, he will back up Shonn Greene.

Tomlinson also visited the Minnesota Vikings last week, spending two days in Minneapolis before going to New York. He returned to San Diego on Saturday.

There have also been reports the New Orleans Saints were interested in bringing Tomlinson for a visit. But the lure of playing in the Big Apple and under Brian Schottenheimer, the Jets offensive coordinator and son of former Chargers coach and LT confidant Marty Schottenheimer, evidently won out.

The length and terms of Tomlinson's deal with the Jets are not known. Tomlinson was not available for comment.

Mr. Laz
03-14-2010, 01:16 PM
Screen pass from Sanchez to Tomlinson for a touchdown ... ROR orgasms

milkman
03-14-2010, 01:35 PM
So they gave up one overused back to acquire another. Nice!

I don't think that Jones is overused.

The concern is age.

Ari Chi3fs
03-14-2010, 02:10 PM
As a fan of your girlfriend, I enjoy 'Throat-Coat Thursdays' at Laz's Beak-A-Porium.

I guess this explains who sabotaged the cp calendar.

Gonzo
03-14-2010, 02:16 PM

ROFL
Sorry Laz, I lulzed...
Posted via Mobile Device

BryanBusby
03-14-2010, 02:20 PM
LT can remain classy with a very classy coach

classy move

PGM
03-14-2010, 02:30 PM
He'll be fine for them in the "Marcus Allen" role. Obviously his days as the man are over, but he can still get the ball into the EZ.

Sure-Oz
03-14-2010, 04:13 PM
Adam_Schefter

Filed to ESPN: it's official. LaDainian Tomlinson is a Jet. He reached agreement on a two-year contract. Done.

-King-
03-14-2010, 04:21 PM
He'll be fine for them in the "Marcus Allen" role. Obviously his days as the man are over, but he can still get the ball into the EZ.

Not really, he was stopped a lot last year on a lot of his 1st and 2nd attempts to get into the endzone on the goal line. Switching out Thomas Jones for LT is stupidity right now.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-14-2010, 07:49 PM
Well fuck.

He shall now be Sanchized, and finally get that ring that both Marty and Norval could not deliver! Rejoice! LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-14-2010, 07:50 PM
Screen pass from Sanchez to Tomlinson for a touchdown ... ROR orgasms

Not if it's against the Chiefs, Lazhat. :LOL: