PDA

View Full Version : Football Brady Quinn to Denver

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2010, 11:44 AM
So no quality college quarterback should ever be below 65 percent.

Mike Lombardi talks out his ass like this all the time. Matt Ryan never completed more than 62 percent of his passes and was 59 percent his last year. Joe Flacco was 63.5. Jay Cutler (stop laughing) was at 59 percent. Meanwhile awesome turds like Vince Young and JaMarcus Fucking Russell were over 65 percent.

Long story short - if you can't make it in the NFL as an executive with the fucking RAIDERS you probably talk out your ass from time to time.

Chiefs=Good
03-15-2010, 11:46 AM
64% of Moreno's yards came after first contact. He is worlds better than Jamal Charles. Jamal Charles is just fast and he won't hold up the entire season next year.

http://www.straferight.com/photopost/data/723/lolcano14ts.gif

You obviously have some difficulty evaluating players.. His durability is a concern sure, but he is far from just 'fast'.. I think thats wat suprised and impressed most Chiefs fans this past season..

When you grow up and watch more football youll get the hang of it, dont worry champ! :thumb:

-King-
03-15-2010, 11:47 AM
64% of Moreno's yards came after first contact. He is worlds better than Jamal Charles. Jamal Charles is just fast and he won't hold up the entire season next year.

:LOL::LOL::LOL: He had 200 more yards on 50 less carries....

Chiefs=Good
03-15-2010, 11:49 AM
:LOL::LOL::LOL: He had 200 more yards on 50 less carries....

HES ONLY FAST DONT YOU KNOW!!!

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2010, 11:53 AM
Jamaal Charles is "just fast."

Tell it to Brian "damn where my jock at" Dawkins.

http://i45.tinypic.com/30troeb.gif

Chiefs=Good
03-15-2010, 11:56 AM

Well technically he was just fast, then just fast in another direction so im right.. To the Ortons pennis!! / Knowmo

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-15-2010, 11:58 AM

FT Motherfuckin' WIN, BEEYATCH!

pr_capone
03-15-2010, 12:00 PM

LMFAO @ meep meep motherfucker

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2010, 12:06 PM
Well technically he was just fast, then just fast in another direction so im right.. To the Ortons pennis!! / Knowmo

Jamaal Charles is just "RUN YO ASS OVER MOTHERFUCKER"

http://i39.tinypic.com/157zpdy.gif

L.A. Chieffan
03-15-2010, 12:09 PM
nice tackling. knownothing, please stop with your shite

vailpass
03-15-2010, 12:10 PM
Jamal Charles. Chiefs fans are so cute sometimes. One day, when your program is competitive, you will look back on all of this and laugh.

Brock
03-15-2010, 12:13 PM
Jamal Charles. Chiefs fans are so cute sometimes. One day, when your program is competitive, you will look back on all of this and laugh.

Charles is better than Moreno by any measure.

Count Alex's Losses
Heeeeeeeeeey black hamma

http://i44.tinypic.com/21l1tsx.gif

vailpass

Oh absolutely. Who could question that? The vast body of evidence leaves room for no other conclusion.

Chiefs=Good
03-15-2010, 12:14 PM

Do you also think Jamaal Charles isnt any good??

vailpass
03-15-2010, 12:15 PM
Do you also think Jamaal Charles isnt any good??

Who can say? Let's see him as the starter for a complete season with teams game planning for him then evaluate. Yardage and durability will tell the tale, as always.

Molitoth
03-15-2010, 12:17 PM
Jamal Charles is just fast and he won't hold up the entire season next year.

Chris Johnson is just fast and he won't hold up the entire season next year.

Chiefs=Good
03-15-2010, 12:18 PM
Who can say? Let's see him as the starter for a complete season with teams game planning for him then evaluate. Yardage and durability will tell the tale, as always.

After the last few games in the season who else on the offense would teams game plan for.. Sure its no certainty but it dosnt take a genius to see he has all the potential in the world. right now his future looks more positive than not..

And much more positive than Moreno's...........

vailpass
After the last few games in the season who else on the offense would teams game plan for.. Sure its no certainty but it dosnt take a genius to see he has all the potential in the world. right now his future looks more positive than not..

And much more positive than Moreno's...........

Do you know another term for 'potential'? I do.

Von Dumbass
Jamaal Charles is just "RUN YO ASS OVER MOTHER****ER"

http://i39.tinypic.com/157zpdy.gif

That is just bad tackling. Nothing more.

Von Dumbass
03-15-2010, 12:20 PM
Chris Johnson is just fast and he won't hold up the entire season next year.

Only Chiefs fans would compare Jamal Charles to Chris Johnson.ROFL

vailpass
03-15-2010, 12:21 PM

They do this all the time. Do a search on "Sly Morris" if you want some entertaining reading. Desperation can make people do strange things.

Chiefs=Good
03-15-2010, 12:23 PM

Only Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning had more games with a QB Rating over 90.00 than Kyle "Pro Bowl" Orton.

FUCKING LOL

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2010, 12:25 PM
That is just bad tackling. Nothing more.

BLACK. HAMMER.

http://i41.tinypic.com/909ich.gif

DBOSHO
03-15-2010, 12:27 PM

They both look alike
they have the same body build
they are both really fast
they are both really elusive
they are both versatile
they both had the most rushing yards the last 8 games

HMMMMMMMMM.....

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2010, 12:27 PM
They do this all the time. Do a search on "Sly Morris" if you want some entertaining reading. Desperation can make people do strange things.

Sylvester Morris was going to be a very good wide receiver before he blew out his knee.

But comparing him to Jamaal Charles is just stupid. Morris would have had to have put up Randy Moss numbers (1,000 yards, 20+ YPC) over the last half of his rookie season in order to compare.

Chiefs=Good
03-15-2010, 12:28 PM
Do you know another term for 'potential'? I do.

your right it means nothing... ROFL

Typical rival fan coming over here to tell us why our seemingly homerish views are.. well homerish and therefore wrong.. Sadly atm im about as anti homer as they come, yet i will talk up a bright spot on this team if its there.. JC IS a bright spot on a very dim team and to not recognise it can only be explained by stupidity or homerism..

Ill give you the benefit of the doubt and say your just a homer..

Why dont you sod off and go back to sucking on Kyle 'Probowl' Ortons balls..

ROFL

Detoxing
03-15-2010, 12:30 PM

How can you watch them both run and not make the comparison? Even NFL analysts make the comparison. Stupid donk fan-shut up.

Similar running styles
Similar speed
similar size

So would YOU compare Charles too?

DBOSHO
03-15-2010, 12:32 PM
How can you watch them both run and not make the comparison? Even NFL analysts make the comparison. Stupid donk fan-shut up.

Similar running styles
Similar speed
similar size

jesus.

Von Dumbass
03-15-2010, 12:37 PM

I would compare him to Tatum Bell or a poor mans Darren Sproles.

vailpass
03-15-2010, 12:38 PM
They both look alike
they have the same body build
they are both really fast
they are both really elusive
they are both versatile
they both had the most rushing yards the last 8 games

HMMMMMMMMM.....

The want is so strong in some of them.

Chiefs=Good
03-15-2010, 12:39 PM
jesus.

Jesus Christ, Jamaal Charles....

J.C and J.C . . .

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1768667/2/istockphoto_1768667_amazed.jpg

vailpass
Jesus Christ, Jamaal Charles....

J.C and J.C . . .

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1768667/2/istockphoto_1768667_amazed.jpg

LMAO
Okay that was a good one.

CHENZ A!
jesus.

I think Jesus' running style was more comparable to okoye than Charles. Jesus was a bruiser.
Posted via Mobile Device

DBOSHO
03-15-2010, 12:40 PM

Lol ok sir.

Please tell me which of those is false.

Chiefs=Good
03-15-2010, 12:40 PM

Im saving this thread.. Hopefully youll come back to eat some crow if your wrong... though i doubt it..

Who knows i could be wrong to............

DBOSHO
03-15-2010, 12:42 PM
I think Jesus' running style was more comparable to okoye than Charles. Jesus was a bruiser.
Posted via Mobile Device

No man, youre thinking of god. God was the big bulldozer. Jesus is swift and graceful ala charles

orange
03-15-2010, 12:42 PM

Hell, he looks almost as good as Jerome Whoison.

That's okay, though. The Chiefs went out and got a running back.

vailpass
03-15-2010, 12:43 PM
Im saving this thread.. Hopefully youll come back to eat some crow if your wrong... though i doubt it..

Who knows i could be wrong to............

Go ahead and save it in the same file as my posts on LJ during his first year when I said he was the product of a superior offensive line and had a style that wouldn't last long and an attitude to match.

CHENZ A!
03-15-2010, 12:45 PM
No man, youre thinking of god. God was the big bulldozer. Jesus is swift and graceful ala charles

Agree to disagree. One thing's for sure, the apostles couldn't block for shit.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefs=Good
03-15-2010, 12:46 PM
Go ahead and save it in the same file as my posts on LJ during his first year when I said he was the product of a superior offensive line and had a style that wouldn't last long and an attitude to match.

Are your initials by any chance also J.C?

I wouldnt be as suprised this time. your always right...........................................

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-15-2010, 12:56 PM
Are your initials by any chance also J.C?

I wouldnt be as suprised this time. your always right...........................................

:facepalm: @ FailAss. Donks are so silly.

Rooster
03-15-2010, 12:57 PM

This is very true. It always bugged me that Jesus would only run in sandles. I thought it slowed him down. I will say the holy ghost reminded me a lot of Marcus Allen in goal line situations. He would just get skinny and slip into the endzone. Very impressive.

Short Leash Hootie
03-15-2010, 02:12 PM
This is just unbelievably WRONG and silly.

In 15 games in Washhington, Green threw for 3,441, 23TD's and 11 INT's. His QB rating was a decent 81.8.

He followed that up in 2000 with more than 2,000 yards in FIVE STARTS, along with a 101.8 QB rating.

We all know how well Trent performed in KC from 2001-2005, so it's not even necessary to post those numbers.

Cassel and Green are not similar in any way, shape or form.

:shake:

What?

I know what he did in St. Louis...I just said he would have won the Super Bowl just like Warner had he not gotten hurt...

I said his Washington numbers were no more impressive than Cassel's numbers in New England...and really look a lot better on paper than how he really played.

Short Leash Hootie
03-15-2010, 02:13 PM
and I've also NEVER said Cassel and Green were similar...EVER

I was just saying the claim you made that Green had less weapons in 2001 than Cassel had in 2009 is pure lunacy and pure fiction.

Short Leash Hootie
03-15-2010, 02:17 PM
and I was talking about Green comparing to Cassel as having numbers on paper that look way better than how he actually played...

dude had a 54% completion percentage and was sacked 49 times in 14 starts and the Skins finished 6-10...

But I'm glad we can try and cherry pick stats to prove points...

So Green had one very lackluster year with the Skins...and then filled in for the team with the best offense of the last 20 years (arguably) and posted awesome numbers...

THAT WAS HIS TRACK RECORD.

19 NFL starts for a former 8th round pick that hardly latched on in the first place...with an injury history.

So...

In terms of SITUATION in itself...

You can't tell me the Green to KC and the Cassel to KC situations don't compare.

DaneMcCloud
03-15-2010, 02:17 PM
What?

I know what he did in St. Louis...I just said he would have won the Super Bowl just like Warner had he not gotten hurt...

I said his Washington numbers were no more impressive than Cassel's numbers in New England...and really look a lot better on paper than how he really played.

So, you're telling us that Washington's offensive line in 1998 was equal to New England's in 2007? Likewise, Henry Ellard & Micheal Westbrook were equal to Moss & Welker?

Furthermore, you're equating Norv Turner with Bill Belichick?

Wha?

DaneMcCloud
03-15-2010, 02:19 PM
and I was talking about Green comparing to Cassel as having numbers on paper that look way better than how he actually played...

dude had a 54% completion percentage and was sacked 49 times in 14 starts and the Skins finished 6-10...

But I'm glad we can try and cherry pick stats to prove points...

So Green had one very lackluster year with the Skins...and then filled in for the team with the best offense of the last 20 years (arguably) and posted awesome numbers...

23TD's and 11 INTS is "lackluster"?

If that's lackluster, what is Cassel?

Short Leash Hootie
03-15-2010, 02:20 PM
and I'll also say ONE more thing...

I GUARANTEE (and I wasn't here at this time)...

GUARANTEE people wanted to give up on Green after his 2001 campaign in KC...Phobia dubbed him TrINT and I am 99% certain everyone else considered him a lost cause/bust...GUARANTEE it.

Just like our feelings on Cassel right now.

So while they might not have many similarities in playing style...

The situations are amazingly similar thus the reason for all of the comparisons...

Short Leash Hootie
03-15-2010, 02:24 PM
23TD's and 11 INTS is "lackluster"?

If that's lackluster, what is Cassel?

a guy who just had 21/11 and an 11-5 record just last year?

on a team that Tom Brady led to a 10-6 record this year...and made the line look every bit as bad as Cassel ever made it look in 2008 against the Ravens in the playoffs?

6-10 isn't as good as 11-5 no matter how much you want to spin a supporting cast one way or the other...

Green was so good with Washington they tried really hard to keep him there...

The dude was EVERY bit as unproven as Cassel was when Vermeil/CP traded a 1st round pick for him...

If he hadn't put up that 5 game stretch for St. Louis in 2000 we would have gotten him for far less compensation...

but he was Vermeil's pick and Vermeil had a plan and he executed it almost flawlessly...can't fault him for that...the dude replicated his St. Louis offense in 3 years...just like he did in St. Louis...too bad we didn't get a few different bounces to go our way because in my mind Vermeil is one of the best coaches the NFL has seen at least since I started watching football.

Dude was an offensive mastermind that couldn't put together a defense in KC like he MOST LIKELY lucked into in St. Louis.

Short Leash Hootie
03-15-2010, 02:25 PM
so if you want to say Cassel was only good because he took an 18-1 team to 11-5...then I guess we can spin the same argument that Brady clearly has lost 7 steps since he took an 11-5 Matt Cassel led team and turned it into 10-6 and a team in disarray.

vailpass
03-15-2010, 02:31 PM
your right it means nothing... ROFL

Typical rival fan coming over here to tell us why our seemingly homerish views are.. well homerish and therefore wrong.. Sadly atm im about as anti homer as they come, yet i will talk up a bright spot on this team if its there.. JC IS a bright spot on a very dim team and to not recognise it can only be explained by stupidity or homerism..

Ill give you the benefit of the doubt and say your just a homer..

Why dont you sod off and go back to sucking on Kyle 'Probowl' Ortons balls..

ROFL

I'm aware that I'm a guest here and would never call fans homers for talking positively about their own team on their own board. Shit stirring is fun for me; please don't think I mean anything by it.
Sod off? :D I love it. Better than 'bugger off' even.
Cheers,
vp

BigRedChief
03-15-2010, 02:33 PM
I'm aware that I'm a guest here and would never call fans homers for talking positively about their own team on their own board. Shit stirring is fun for me; please don't think I mean anything by it.
Sod off? :D I love it. Better than 'bugger off' even.
Cheers,
vp
Sorry dude but aftet 11K+ posts you are no longer a guest but one of us, embrace the horror.

vailpass
03-15-2010, 02:33 PM
Sorry dude but aftet 11K+ posts you are no longer a guest but one of us, embrace the horror.

BRC,What did I ever do to you to deserve such abuse? :D

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-15-2010, 02:38 PM
You know what the best intrawebz benefit of drafting a franchise QB is? No more lame-assed convos comparing Green and Cassel.

Because they would both...be...GONE. 4-EVAH!

DaneMcCloud
03-15-2010, 02:40 PM
a guy who just had 21/11 and an 11-5 record just last year?

on a team that Tom Brady led to a 10-6 record this year...and made the line look every bit as bad as Cassel ever made it look in 2008 against the Ravens in the playoffs?

6-10 isn't as good as 11-5 no matter how much you want to spin a supporting cast one way or the other...

Green was so good with Washington they tried really hard to keep him there...

The dude was EVERY bit as unproven as Cassel was when Vermeil/CP traded a 1st round pick for him...

If he hadn't put up that 5 game stretch for St. Louis in 2000 we would have gotten him for far less compensation...

but he was Vermeil's pick and Vermeil had a plan and he executed it almost flawlessly...can't fault him for that...the dude replicated his St. Louis offense in 3 years...just like he did in St. Louis...too bad we didn't get a few different bounces to go our way because in my mind Vermeil is one of the best coaches the NFL has seen at least since I started watching football.

Dude was an offensive mastermind that couldn't put together a defense in KC like he MOST LIKELY lucked into in St. Louis.

Wow, so much speculation and nonsense.

How old where you when Green played in DC? 10 years old? Did you ever WATCH any of those games? I don't think you did.

Furthermore, St. Louis offered Green a $16 million dollar contract, which was pretty freaking huge at the time. The main reason he left is because of the dough and to follow Mike Martz, who had been his QB coach in DC and was just named OC in St. Louis.

I saw those DC games and I can tell you that without a doubt, Trent Green looked nothing like Matt Cassel. He didn't play out of the shotgun 75% of the time and he didn't have the YAC Cassel had in NE. He was far more confident and despite bouncing around from San Diego to DC, he was fully in command of the offense. His play was nothing short of amazing during the '99 Rams preseason.

These parallels you're trying to draw simply don't exist.

ClevelandBronco
03-15-2010, 02:42 PM
I think I have it whittled down to cyanide or jumping into an AIDS volcano (but that might be too Scientologistic).

Super-scientologistic-expialidocious.

I hate the time change. I need sleep.

DaWolf
03-15-2010, 02:55 PM

WTF???

Charles is five inches taller than Sproles and has more rushing yards in his last 8 games than Sproles has in his entire career. So how does that make him a "poor man's version" when he's obviously a far superior running back?

As far as Tatum Bell, neither of his best seasons even stack up to what Charles did, again, in 8 games. And he had a far superior OL and complimentary players around him on O than Charles did.

I think Charles needs to be able to prove he can be the man over a full season and take the beating, and he's not Chris Johnson at this point and time, but he's a far more talented RB than either of those two...

jspchief
03-15-2010, 03:01 PM
His play was nothing short of amazing during the '99 Rams preseason.

Lolololololol

I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to call bullshit. I have a hard time believing you watched a lot of Green in DC or in STL whether preseason or not. How many of those games were even broadcast in California? Have you always been a big fan of the Skins and preseason Rams football?

All joking aside, you're making Green out to be a hell of a lot more than he was before he got to the Chiefs. He got the starting QB for a dismal STL team, replacing one of the most fumble prone QBs probably in NFL history. He was so dynamic in Washington that they kept Gus "Headbutt" Ferotte over him.

He may have had some good games in Wash, but he had some bad ones too. You pretending to have some informed knowledge of his pre-Chiefs career rings of bullshit in it's purest form.

Detoxing
03-15-2010, 03:01 PM

Damn dude. Do you watch football? Serious question. The only thing Charles has in common with Sproles is speed. A Poor Man's Sproles? Are you serious? I can't believe it.

You have to be fucking with me. There is no way you're serious. Quit fucking with me.

You are funny Mr. Knowshit.....you are funny

Detoxing
03-15-2010, 03:03 PM

How do you fail to see the comparison? They're damn near clones dude. I know that you see it, you're probably just being an ass cuz you're a donky fan.

knowshit on the other hand....well.....he's probably 12 years old. And I've never seen him deny it, so it must be true.

Chief Faithful
03-15-2010, 03:04 PM
:doh!:

DaneMcCloud
03-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Lolololololol

I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to call bullshit. I have a hard time believing you watched a lot of Green in DC or in STL whether preseason or not. How many of those games were even broadcast in California? Have you always been a big fan of the Skins and preseason Rams football?

All joking aside, you're making Green out to be a hell of a lot more than he was before he got to the Chiefs. He got the starting QB for a dismal STL team, replacing one of the most fumble prone QBs probably in NFL history. He was so dynamic in Washington that they kept Gus "Headbutt" Ferotte over him.

He may have had some good games in Wash, but he had some bad ones too. You pretending to have some informed knowledge of his pre-Chiefs career rings of bullshit in it's purest form.

Who the fuck are you?

As a matter of fact, I spent EVERY Sunday, from 1993 to 2002, at either Champs or Dublin's Sports bars. Why? BECAUSE I LIVE IN FUCKING CALIFORNIA. THE CHIEFS AREN'T SHOWN LOCALLY!

I had my eyes on most of the NFL games throughout each Sunday and as a matter of fact, I paid close attention to the Redskin's because of a personal friend and his family's involvment in the 'Skins.

I played Fantasy Football all of those years (and won nearly every league) along with office football pools (I won $1200 in 1995).

Thanks for playing but you really don't know what the FUCK you're talking about.

keg in kc
03-15-2010, 03:15 PM
Lolololololol

He may have had some good games in Wash, but he had some bad ones too. You pretending to have some informed knowledge of his pre-Chiefs career rings of bullshit in it's purest form.He's not wrong: Green was really, really, really good in the '99 preseason.

I know that because I was really, really, really into fantasy football back then.

And I can't speak for Dane, but I did watch him in DC (went to college 90 minutes from there, didn't move here until '99...). The only similarity he had with Cassel in NE is the number of sacks he took. It was a completely different style of offense, and he had nowhere near the level of talent around him with the deadskins that the Patriots had.

Different quarterbacks in tons of ways, but I think the best comparison with Green is Gannon. Guys who took a long time to groom, but showed some real flashes of ability over a number of years and eventually found the perfect situation in which to excel. And then they did. Whereas I see Cassel as a guy who came out of nowhere. Although I think, at the same time, that people really underestimate Cassel's performance in NE. Which is understandable; it's really, really easy to hate that franchise and to nitpick every possible thing, whether it's him or Pioli. (Although I should probably point out that I never wanted the trade, after saying that.)

I do hope he mirrors Green's career path, though, and that his version of Green in 2001 (last year...) is followed by a version of Green in 2002.

I guess that does highlight one similarity the two have: everybody was ready to run them out of town at the end of their first season here.

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2010, 03:16 PM
I played Fantasy Football all of those years (and won nearly every league) along with office football pools (I won $1200 in 1995).

And you have a 16-inch dick.

ClevelandBronco
03-15-2010, 03:17 PM

You look taller than that in photographs.

Von Dumbass
03-15-2010, 03:19 PM
How do you fail to see the comparison? They're damn near clones dude. I know that you see it, you're probably just being an ass cuz you're a donky fan.

knowshit on the other hand....well.....he's probably 12 years old. And I've never seen him deny it, so it must be true.

I told you last week I was 23.

keg in kc
03-15-2010, 03:20 PM
I think he got 16 inches from Dane's wife letting him stick all 4 inches of it in her 4 times in the last year.

(zing)

DaneMcCloud
03-15-2010, 03:26 PM
Have you always been a big fan of the Skins and preseason Rams football?

Considering that the local stations broadcast every Raider preseason game, many of the Rams games (especially before 2000) along with San Diego & 49ers preseason games, I'd say it was pretty unavoidable.

The Rams and Chargers were always shown on Fox Sports up until a couple of years ago and I always had the games on television because it's FOOTBALL.

DaneMcCloud
03-15-2010, 03:26 PM
I think he got 16 inches from Dane's wife letting him stick all 4 inches of it in her 4 times in the last year.

(zing)

You know me so well...

MoreLemonPledge
03-15-2010, 03:27 PM
Back on to Brady Quinn news...

Chris Simms cut.

Broncos released QB Chris Simms.
Brady Quinn and Tom Brandstater will compete to be Kyle Orton's backup. Simms, 29, couldn't have looked much worse in three spot appearances last season, completing just 5-of-17 pass attempts with a long completion of seven yards, taking five sacks, and turning the football over twice with no touchdowns. Possibly shell shocked for good after his life-threatening spleen injury in 2006, Simms may struggle to catch on with another team soon.

ClevelandBronco
03-15-2010, 03:28 PM
Back on to Brady Quinn news...

Chris Simms cut.

Is Quinn uncut?

MoreLemonPledge
03-15-2010, 03:30 PM
Is Quinn uncut?

Yep, and sources tell me he doesn't clean underneath as often as he should. Somebody should tell him that could lead to an infection.

jspchief
03-15-2010, 03:38 PM
Who the **** are you?

As a matter of fact, I spent EVERY Sunday, from 1993 to 2002, at either Champs or Dublin's Sports bars. Why? BECAUSE I LIVE IN ****ING CALIFORNIA. THE CHIEFS AREN'T SHOWN LOCALLY!

I had my eyes on most of the NFL games throughout each Sunday and as a matter of fact, I paid close attention to the Redskin's because of a personal friend and his family's involvment in the 'Skins.

Thanks for playing but you really don't know what the **** you're talking about.Oh, when you put it like that....

Well, it still sounds like bullshit.

But obviously if you're going to a sportsbar, they have Sunday ticket (in 1998?) and what else are you going to home in on than a no name QB playing for a bad team halfway across the country. Yea, that's the ticket

DaneMcCloud
03-15-2010, 03:41 PM
Oh, when you put it like that....

But obviously if you're going to a sportsbar, they have Sunday ticket (in 1998?) and what else are you going to home in on than a no name QB playing for a bad team halfway across the country. Yea, that's the ticket

You're a fucking idiot.

Congratulations.

vailpass
03-15-2010, 03:43 PM

:D Definetely some of that. Also I haven't seen Charles play very much outside of news clips and there weren't many of those. I have the sunday ticket but I didn't watch much Chiefs last season. I was in Miami for the Orange Bowl so didn't see the KC-Denver game.
Mostly though I need to see a player go through an entire season to get an idea of what they are.

jspchief
03-15-2010, 03:48 PM
and as a matter of fact, I paid close attention to the Redskin's because of a personal friend and his family's involvment in the 'Skins.

Of course!

Let me guess... you became close with Joe Theisman while smoking cuban cigars with Castro in Al Capone's vault the year before your buddy Geraldo opened it on national TV.

I wish I was you.

broncobilly
03-15-2010, 03:54 PM
:clap:

Mcdaniels' onslaught of smart off-season moves continues...

Detoxing
03-15-2010, 04:04 PM
I told you last week I was 23.

I dont believe you. Even if you are, you're 12 in my mind. Just leave it at that. It helps me rationalize the stupid shit you say....

the Talking Can
03-15-2010, 05:09 PM
I think this probably says more about how they feel about Croyle rather than saying anything about Cassel. Obviously at that price if the Chiefs wanted Quinn, they could have gotten him. If Pioli, Weis and Haley didn't think the guy was much of an upgrade over Croyle, then that explains why a deal was not made...

Croyle IS better than Quinn.

And no one on his own team wants to kick his ass.

Yeah, let's give up 2 picks and a player for a p.o.s d-bag - whose greatest talent is lifting weights - that the Walrus doesn't want.

Good ****ing grief.

Tribal Warfare
03-15-2010, 05:14 PM
Croyle IS better than Quinn and Cassel.

FYP

Chocolate Hog
03-15-2010, 05:17 PM
Croyle IS better than Quinn.

And no one on his own team wants to kick his ass.

Yeah, let's give up 2 picks and a player for a p.o.s d-bag - whose greatest talent is lifting weights - that the Walrus doesn't want.

Good ****ing grief.

Croyle sucks dude.

the Talking Can
03-15-2010, 05:24 PM
Croyle sucks dude.

which has nothing to do with what I posted

english, learn it.....

Tribal Warfare
03-15-2010, 05:26 PM
Croyle sucks dude.

In what way? The ONLY knock on him is durability, other than that he had all the qualities of a first round QB.

The guy is a leader, he can make good decisions under pressure a shitload better than Cassel, and is more accurate.

DaneMcCloud
03-15-2010, 05:30 PM
Oh, when you put it like that....

"Home in"? What the fuck is that?

Furthermore, Keg backed up every word I said.

"The ticket" you're referring to is the one that says you're a jackass.

Chocolate Hog
03-15-2010, 05:31 PM
which has nothing to do with what I posted

english, learn it.....

Yea Croyle hasn't won a game in the NFL the 2 qb's he's supposedly better than have atleast won a game. /fail

Tribal Warfare
03-15-2010, 05:34 PM
Yea Croyle hasn't won a game in the NFL the 2 qb's he's supposedly better than have atleast won a game. /fail

that's your argument? Hell Aikman was 1-15 when he started, really man get a new mantra. The guy has what it takes, and would've won more games this year than Cassel if given the opportunity.

Chocolate Hog
03-15-2010, 05:35 PM
In what way? The ONLY knock on him is durability, other than that he had all the qualities of a first round QB.

The guy is a leader, he can make good decisions under pressure a shitload better than Cassel, and is more accurate.

Did you call Croyle a leader?

Hey dude Cassel has a higher career completion %

Strange I remember seeing Cassel bring his team back to win a game this year. How many times has Croyle done that?

Chocolate Hog
03-15-2010, 05:36 PM
that's your argument? Hell Aikman was 1-15 when he started, really man get a new mantra. The guy has what it takes, and would've won more games this year than Cassel if given the opportunity.

Yea that 1 win is more than Croyle has won in 4 years and yet dumbasses like you think he's a starter in this league ROFL

Tribal Warfare
03-15-2010, 05:38 PM
Did you call Croyle a leader?

Hey dude Cassel has a higher career completion %

Say thanks to Randy Moss and Wes Welker for that

Strange I remember seeing Cassel bring his team back to win a game this year. How many times has Croyle done that?

Which games did he bring the team back on against a good defense which weren't playing a prevent defense?

Chocolate Hog
03-15-2010, 05:41 PM

Which games did he bring the team back on against a good defense which weren't playing a prevent defense?

Wow the excuses you make for a shitty QB are great.

Pittsburgh was playing prevent defense? How bout the game tying TD pass to Bowe vs Dallas?

The only thing Croyle leads this team in is games injured. To suggest letting iron man Croyle be the starting QB is just laughable.

jspchief
03-15-2010, 05:51 PM
Honestly this is a retard fight.

Croyle vs Cassel vs Quinn?

None of them have done jack shit with the small opportunity they've been given.

Tribal Warfare
03-15-2010, 05:53 PM
Wow the excuses you make for a shitty QB are great.

ROFL

Cassel the savior Aye!!!!!! "He needs more a better OL" "if he had more weapons he'd be great" " Or" he's only started 30 games, give him a chance" with the worst QB rating ever recorded for a KC Chiefs starting QB

Pittsburgh was playing prevent defense? How bout the game tying TD pass to Bowe vs Dallas?

Both were handing them the goddamn game( fumbles) which Dallas coughed it 4 times and KC got it back twice, Pittsburgh giving them ball 3 times. Yeah they were real good then a real battle of the greats.

JASONSAUTO
03-15-2010, 06:04 PM

pittsburgh, oakland (then the defense gave it away), dallas (again defense gave it away),

JASONSAUTO
03-15-2010, 06:05 PM
ROFL

Cassel the savior Aye!!!!!! "He needs more a better OL" "if he had more weapons he'd be great" " Or" he's only started 30 games, give him a chance" with the worst QB rating ever recorded for a KC Chiefs starting QB

Both were handing them the goddamn game( fumbles) which Dallas coughed it 4 times and KC got it back twice, Pittsburgh giving them ball 3 times. Yeah they were real good then a real battle of the greats.

who cares how we got the ball back, he still had to make the plays.:shake:

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-15-2010, 06:07 PM
ROFL

What does that have to do with what he said? Cassel played like ass, but he did lead a couple of nice drives at the end of a few games.

Tribal Warfare
03-15-2010, 06:10 PM
What does that have to do with what he said? Cassel played like ass, but he did lead a couple of nice drives at the end of the game.

The opposition was playing like ass also, if it was against a legit defense that wasn't coming a part or were at a breaking point my opinion would change about him. If he did it against the Eagles or the Giants, I would've gave him his due.

DeezNutz
03-15-2010, 06:12 PM
If Croyle had the body type to play in the NFL, I do think he could be a franchise QB.

But this is where I say, if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

DaneMcCloud
03-15-2010, 06:20 PM
If Croyle had the body type to play in the NFL, I do think he could be a franchise QB.

I think so as well. He's got the arm, the mechanics and leadership down pat. He didn't shit himself in Baltimore on opening day, despite the fact that Haley just changed the offense the week before.

I think if it were truly an open competition at QB, Croyle would beat out Cassel.

The problem then would be keeping him healthy.

JASONSAUTO
03-15-2010, 06:22 PM
The opposition was playing like ass also, if it was against a legit defense that wasn't coming a part or were at a breaking point my opinion would change about him. If he did it against the Eagles or the Giants, I would've gave him his due.

sorry but i call bullshit on this

DeezNutz
03-15-2010, 06:22 PM
I think so as well. He's got the arm, the mechanics and leadership down pat. He didn't shit himself in Baltimore on opening day, despite the fact that Haley just changed the offense the week before.

I think if it were truly an open competition at QB, Croyle would beat out Cassel.

If we're talking simply from a standpoint of who has more talent, I don't think this is even an arguable point.

JASONSAUTO
03-15-2010, 06:23 PM
If we're talking simply from a standpoint of who has more talent, I don't think this is even an arguable point.

i can agree here, but who in their right or wrong mind would take the chance on making him a starter?

DeezNutz
03-15-2010, 06:25 PM
i can agree here, but who in their right or wrong mind would take the chance on making him a starter?

You can't.

And I've said numerous times that I wouldn't even have him on the roster simply because he's proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that he cannot stay healthy for even the briefest period of time.

This might be too harsh, but I've completely closed the book on Croyle, and the most important quality in a backup, IMO, is reliability.

Tribal Warfare
03-15-2010, 06:26 PM
sorry but i call bullshit on this

We all want KC to win here, if he could do it I'd be on board too.

JASONSAUTO
03-15-2010, 06:28 PM
We all want KC to win here, if he could do it I'd be on board too.

if that was true you would read and understand deez' above post and shut the fuck up about brodie croyle

edit: and you were saying this before cassel EVER took a snap for the chiefs

Tribal Warfare
03-15-2010, 06:28 PM
if that was true you would read and understand deez' above post and shut the fuck up about brodie croyle

stop making excuses for Cassel, it's a two way street

jspchief
03-15-2010, 06:31 PM
I can't believe the people pimping Croyle now.

I guess there really is a yin to every yang

chiefsfan93
03-15-2010, 06:31 PM
Denver better hope that Brady is a late bloomer like J. Russell!!!ROFL

Gracie Dean
03-15-2010, 06:32 PM

better than a 6 mm one

Brock
03-15-2010, 06:40 PM
I can't believe the people pimping Croyle now.

I guess there really is a yin to every yang

I'm not a huge fan of Croyle or anything, but I do think in a level competition, he'd beat Cassel. He got a second round tender, so he's obviously got some fans at Arrowhead.

Chocolate Hog
03-15-2010, 06:42 PM

You must be dizzy from all that spin.

JASONSAUTO
03-15-2010, 06:43 PM
stop making excuses for Cassel, it's a two way street

i dont agree, cassel has had one season here, after a decent to good season on NE. croyle had his chance. MULTIPLE times. fuck the guy hasnt even won one game as a starter. NOT ONE.

BossChief
03-15-2010, 07:19 PM
I wonder how people would view taking Okung or another tackle if we had never traded for Cassel... and Croyle started to come on last year...

Brock
03-15-2010, 07:21 PM
I wonder how people would view taking Okung or another tackle if we had never traded for Cassel... and Croyle started to come on last year...

It's a bad idea in any scenario where you already have a left tackle.

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-15-2010, 07:42 PM
It's a bad idea in any scenario where you already have a left tackle.

Uh-Oh hopefully SacOkung doesn't read this post.

BossChief
03-15-2010, 08:03 PM
Only Chiefs fans would compare Jamal Charles to Chris Johnson.ROFLwell, to be fair we weren't the only ones

http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=HB&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1

DeezNutz
03-15-2010, 08:05 PM
Strange how comparable levels of production over an extended period will lead to...you know...comparisons.

boogblaster
03-15-2010, 08:41 PM
Another Donk to booooo ...

Tribal Warfare
03-15-2010, 08:55 PM
i dont agree, cassel has had one season here, after a decent to good season on NE. croyle had his chance. MULTIPLE times. fuck the guy hasnt even won one game as a starter. NOT ONE.

Another excuse

JASONSAUTO
03-15-2010, 09:03 PM
Another excuse

where was an excuse in that post?
Posted via Mobile Device

Short Leash Hootie
03-15-2010, 09:15 PM
I just made too much sense for Dane so he had to throw out how he watched all of Trent Green's Washington Redskins starts and knew he was way better than Matt Cassel because of that...

Nevermind the fact they both came to the Chiefs with less than 20 career starts...which was my entire point...

But he's right...since he used to be a diehard Skins fan and broke down game tape of Green with the Skins that year I stand corrected.

Tribal Warfare
03-15-2010, 10:20 PM
i dont agree, cassel has had one season here, after a decent to good season on

"Give him more time" excuse

I could do the same thing with Croyle, but he's 27 and has to produce. When he gets his chance.

On a sidenote if the Weis isn't sold on Croyle or Cassel. I have no problem drafting Clausen, the cat is going to be like Trent Green

The Bad Guy
03-15-2010, 10:26 PM
"Give him more time" excuse

I could do the same thing with Croyle, but he's 27 and has to produce. When he gets his chance.

On a sidenote if the Weis isn't sold on Croyle or Cassel. I have no problem drafting Clausen, the cat is going to be like Trent Green

Yes, because when I'm picking in the top 5, I want my QB to be exactly like Trent Green.

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2010, 11:09 PM
better than a 6 mm one

Actually I'm well endowed. Do you want me to prove it?

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-15-2010, 11:34 PM

Debate/Over.

I'd hate it like Perry hates Bob Kelso.

Yes, because when I'm picking in the top 5, I want my QB to be exactly like Trent Green.

LMAO

Actually I'm well endowed. Do you want me to prove it?

For shits and giggles; yes. Why the fuck not. Show 'em what God gave ya' son! :D

ChiefsCountry
03-15-2010, 11:38 PM
I have no problem drafting Clausen, the cat is going to be like Trent Green

Thats Bradford
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare
03-15-2010, 11:41 PM
Thats Bradford
Posted via Mobile Device

Don't knock Trent, for some reason if someone says something good about Trent it's almost blasphemy. He ran the system he was in excellently, like Clausen would if he was playing for Weis as a pro.

-King-
03-15-2010, 11:45 PM

ROFL ROFL ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare
03-15-2010, 11:50 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

http://www.nfl.com/players/trentgreen/profile?id=GRE367521

I don't understand what's so funny about it, from 2002 to 2005 Trent played like a BAMF.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-15-2010, 11:55 PM
http://www.nfl.com/players/trentgreen/profile?id=GRE367521

I don't understand what's so funny about it, from 2002 to 2005 Trent played like a BAMF.

Rofl!
Rofl!
Rofl!

And behind the ALL WORLD LINE OF TEH TRUE FAN AGES NO LESS! WHEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!:)

Tribal Warfare
03-15-2010, 11:59 PM
Rofl!
Rofl!
Rofl!

And behind the ALL WORLD LINE OF TEH TRUE FAN AGES NO LESS! WHEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!:)

Again, when he was finally a starter and the team learned the Al Saunders system he shined. When Herm came to town, that's when shit got fucked up because he was meddling with the offense. yeah he had a good OL, Is it some kind of crime because of that.

doomy3
03-16-2010, 12:02 AM
Again, when he was finally a starter and the team learned the Al Saunders system he shined. When Herm came to town, that's when shit got ****ed up because he was meddling with the offense. yeah he had a good OL, Is it some kind of crime because of that.

Another excuse

Brock
03-16-2010, 12:02 AM
Yeah, yeah, he's a member of the hall of very good.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-16-2010, 12:04 AM
Yeah, yeah, he's a member of the hall of very good.

LMAO

Tribal Warfare
03-16-2010, 12:05 AM
Another excuse

what's the excuse, that he actually produced. Christ, You probably believe that Cassel would be all world on those teams, correct?

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-16-2010, 12:08 AM
what's the excuse, that he actually produced. Christ, You probably believe that Cassel would be all world on those teams, correct?

My point, is that if ALL WORLD O-LINE didn't make Green a HOF'er, it sure as fuck wouldn't for a Cassel-led Chiefs either.

Tribal Warfare
03-16-2010, 12:11 AM
My point, is that if ALL WORLD O-LINE didn't make Green a HOF'er, it sure as fuck wouldn't for a Cassel-led Chiefs either.

If GROB, didn't run the assrape spinner defense with the beautiful defensive drafting. The opinion of Trent would be very different.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-16-2010, 12:13 AM
If GROB, didn't run the assrape spinner defense with the beautiful defensive drafting. The opinion of Trent would be very different.

:facepalm: Dear merciful Tebow, I KNEW it was coming. Why did I even type?

The Bad Guy
03-16-2010, 07:50 AM
I loved Trent Green. That doesn't take away from the fact that he was a SYSTEM QB. I don't want just a system QB if I'm taking a QB in the top 5. I want a sure fire stud who could dominate.

You would think the ayatollah of QB play would know this.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-16-2010, 10:20 AM
I loved Trent Green. That doesn't take away from the fact that he was a SYSTEM QB. I don't want just a system QB if I'm taking a QB in the top 5. I want a sure fire stud who could dominate.

You would think the ayatollah of QB play would know this.

ROFL Manning!:thumb:

Chiefnj2
03-16-2010, 10:37 AM
People are never satisfied. I don't care how the Chiefs get a top 5 offense - system QB, the next Manning, run and shoot, option, I formation. Dumb asses act like it was bad to have had a good offense with Green.

Brock
03-16-2010, 10:39 AM
It wasn't bad to have a good offense with Green and Roaf. It was bad to act like those guys were going to be around for 10 years.

DeezNutz
03-16-2010, 11:12 AM
Far from bad.

But the problem, and why people "complain" (which I don't think they're really doing) is that Trent Green was not the type of QB who could put a team on his back and go win a game.

These guys are rare, and we need to make it a higher priority to find one.

Chiefnj2
03-16-2010, 11:29 AM
Far from bad.

But the problem, and why people "complain" (which I don't think they're really doing) is that Trent Green was not the type of QB who could put a team on his back and go win a game.

These guys are rare, and we need to make it a higher priority to find one.

According to Pro football reference:

From 2001-2005 (5 year period) Green had fifteen (15) 4th quarter comebacks/game winning drives.

How does that compare to some QB's today:

McNabb (2005-2009) Nine 4th quarter comebacks/game winning drives.
Brees (2005-2009) Eleven 4th quarter comebacks/game winning drives.
Eli Manning (2005-2009) fifteen (15) 4th quarter comebacks/game winning drives.
Roethlisberger (2005-2009) Sixteen 4th quarter comebacks/game winning drives.

orange
03-16-2010, 11:41 AM
According to Pro football reference:

From 2001-2005 (5 year period) Green had fifteen (15) 4th quarter comebacks/game winning drives.

How does that compare to some QB's today:

McNabb (2005-2009) Nine 4th quarter comebacks/game winning drives.
Brees (2005-2009) Eleven 4th quarter comebacks/game winning drives.
Eli Manning (2005-2009) fifteen (15) 4th quarter comebacks/game winning drives.
Roethlisberger (2005-2009) Sixteen 4th quarter comebacks/game winning drives.

Of the five QBs you mention, name the one with no playoff wins.

If Green had won a Super Bowl, I bet the opinion of those who think he couldn't win a Super Bowl would be totally different.

But... well, you know.

JASONSAUTO
03-16-2010, 12:08 PM

another excuse

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-21-2010, 06:22 PM
another excuse

SAUTO shoots; he scores! :thumb::p

Tribal Warfare
03-21-2010, 08:31 PM
another excuse

Now you are implying that Green was a bad QB, but Thigpen/Cassel can lead us to the promise land. Thank You MR. Wizard!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-21-2010, 08:32 PM
Now you are implying that Green was a bad QB, but Thigpen/Cassel can lead us to the promise land. Thank You MR. Wizard!!!!!!!!!!!

Your meter isn't running.

Tribal Warfare
03-21-2010, 08:33 PM
SAUTO shoots; he scores! :thumb::p

Are becoming a TRUE FAN?

Tribal Warfare
03-21-2010, 08:34 PM
Your meter isn't running.

Affirmative, you are becoming a true fan

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-21-2010, 08:49 PM
Are becoming a TRUE FAN?

Your meter really needs a tune-up. Perhaps SAUTO can cut you a fellow Chiefs-fan deal! (That's his specialty you know...)

Tribal Warfare
03-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Your meter really needs a tune-up. Perhaps SAUTO can cut you a fellow Chiefs-fan deal! (That's his specialty you know...)

Huh huh, Back to the Trent Green issue. You do realize if Trent didn't get injured when he was with the everyone would be hailing his praises as a possible HOF canidate(SB Ring) instead of Warner right? Just let that sink in, because if the injury didn't happen Warner may of not of been given a chance

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-21-2010, 09:09 PM
Huh huh, Back to the Trent Green issue. You do realize if Trent didn't get injured when he was with the everyone would be hailing his praises as a possible HOF canidate(SB Ring) instead of Warner right? Just let that sink in, because if the injury didn't happen Warner may of not of been given a chance

I simply refuse to further contemplate or discuss a man/player that I could give two fucks less about. Sorry. :harumph:

-King-
03-21-2010, 09:21 PM

And how do you know that?

Thats basically like saying, "If Drew Bledsoe had never gotten hurt, he would have led the Patriots to 5 superbowl titles instead of the 3 they had with Brady. Let that sink in"

Tribal Warfare
03-21-2010, 10:41 PM
And how do you know that?

Thats basically like saying, "If Drew Bledsoe had never gotten hurt, he would have led the Patriots to 5 superbowl titles instead of the 3 they had with Brady. Let that sink in"

Their production curves were prectically the same, but Warner went down in a spiral in NY. Which he had to get up from with a better playing situation with the Cardinals

BigMeatballDave
04-03-2010, 02:05 AM
I would compare him to Tatum Bell or a poor mans Darren Sproles.If you lived in a town full of stupid people, you would still have the lowest IQ.

BigMeatballDave
04-03-2010, 02:12 AM
Jamal Charles. Chiefs fans are so cute sometimes. One day, when your program is competitive, you will look back on all of this and laugh.LMAO You say that like the Broncos are competitive. You used to be a sensible Donkey fan, but now it seems you have latched on to Homos coattails. WTF dude?

BigMeatballDave
04-03-2010, 02:35 AM
Croyle sucks dude.How do you know? He cant stay healthy as a starter.

BigMeatballDave
04-03-2010, 02:42 AM

The problem then would be keeping him healthy.Yep. Its gonna be interesting to see how Croyle plays during preseason vs Cassel. I mean, if BC plays great, and Cassel shits himself, would Haley have the balls to start him?

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-03-2010, 11:29 AM
Yep. Its gonna be interesting to see how Croyle plays during preseason vs Cassel. I mean, if BC plays great, and Cassel shits himself, would Haley have the balls to start him?

I think so, now that the "new car smell" has turned to shit.

shocked
04-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Moss, Welker, Thomas, and scores of free agents. I have no clue why you are under the impression that Adalius Thomas is a 'playmaker' in NE, or even Balt. He was a high profile FA because he played on a brilliant D with Ray Lewis - a D that really didn't skip a beat w/o him.

Aside from Tom Brady (who they DID NOT want to draft), name the huge contributors that were a result of great drafting.

Looking at their Draft history, the Patriots have drafted 8 Probowlers in their past 9 drafts; which is very good (better than I thought anyway). It also seems like they've managed to find 2-3 contributing starters on pretty much a yearly basis too. That's nothing to scoff at. Guys like Deion Branch or Ellis Hobbs or Dan Graham may not be Pro Bowlers, but if you can pick up guys of their calibur and draft a Pro Bowler too boot; then you've done well. Hell, even their more recent, lesser, drafts seem to produce at least one core player when some teams - with much higher picks - can't even find one.

Starters Drafted:
2001:
Richard Seymour - Probowl DE
Matt Light - Probowl LT
2002:
Daniel Graham
Deion Branch
David Givens
2003:
Ty Warren
Eugene Wilson
Asante Samuel - ProBowl CB
Dan Koppen - Pro Bowl C
2004:
Vince Wilfork - ProBowl NT
Ben Watson
2005:
Logan Mankins - ProBowl G
Ellis Hobbs
James Sanders
Matt Cassel
2006:
Stephen Ghostkowski - ProBowl K
2007:
Brandon Merriweather - ProBowl SS
2008:
Jerrod Mayo - DROY
2009:
Julian Eddleman
Sebastian Vollmer

The point being that Pioli did a great job when he was in NE, and their drafts - though still ok - have fallen off w/o him. It's too soon to write him off.

DaneMcCloud
04-03-2010, 03:59 PM
The point being that Pioli did a great job when he was in NE, and their drafts - though still ok - have fallen off w/o him. It's too soon to write him off.

His drafts pretty much sucked ass. Laurence Maroney?

And how have they "fallen off without him" if there's only been ONE draft?

WTF?

And too soon?

The 2009 Chiefs draft was an utter fucking abortion.

I expect nothing less this year, with them passing on playmakers like Berry & Clausen in favor of lineman.

shocked
04-03-2010, 04:31 PM
His drafts pretty much sucked ass. Laurence Maroney?

So they pick up 8 Pro Bowlers in 9 years (I'd love to know how many teams beat that number) and a slew of quality starters to fill out the roster too boot - but their drafts 'suck ass' because of Lawrence Maroney?

And how have they "fallen off without him" if there's only been ONE draft? Fair enough. But by this same logic I'd ask you how you're ready to jump to your own conclusions on Pioli after just ONE draft...

I expect nothing less this year, with them passing on playmakers like Berry & Clausen in favor of lineman. You seem awfully dismissive of any player who isn't a skill position player. As if drafting a ProBowl lineman is a "suck ass" pick because he isn't a WR or something. Linemen also yield a higher probability of success in the draft over skill position players.

DaneMcCloud
04-03-2010, 04:48 PM
So they pick up 8 Pro Bowlers in 9 years (I'd love to know how many teams beat that number) and a slew of quality starters to fill out the roster too boot - but their drafts 'suck ass' because of Lawrence Maroney?

First off, this has been discussed ad nauseam in this forum. Rehashing this shit if fucking stupid.

Furthermore, they missed on a shit ton of players AND he reached for players.

Fair enough. But by this same logic I'd ask you how you're ready to jump to your own conclusions on Pioli after just ONE draft...

You mean a draft where he chose #3 overall in each round and missed? He failed to obtain even ONE single playmaker in both the draft AND free agency.

No Oher, Harvin, Cushing, Maclin or Hargrave to boot.

This has been discussed in threads for the past year. Use the Search function. There's no reason to discuss it further.

You seem awfully dismissive of any player who isn't a skill position player. As if drafting a ProBowl lineman is a "suck ass" pick because he isn't a WR or something. Linemen also yield a higher probability of success in the draft over skill position players.

And there we have it : True Fan Syndrome.

Yeah, I really hope the Chiefs take the "safe" picks because you know, they win Super Bowls.

LMAO

Go fuck yourself, n00b.

ChiefGator
04-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Yeah, I really hope the Chiefs take the "safe" picks because you know, they win Super Bowls.

Actually, it seems like New England has built the lines through the draft and gone out and gotten skill players through FA when they could.

Not sure if that was Dane's quote... but who the hell is talking about New England didn't want to draft Brady? And so that doesn't count in their record? Totally nutsack.

And when did Maroney prove the the Patriots can't draft anyway? Dude averages 4.2 yards a carry. They just have a different way of handing RB's over there. One that I would think we would appreciate after all the flack about LJ getting that last KC contract.

I hate this time of year. The worst thing a team can supposedly do is "reach for a player." So the **** what if they pick a player a little bit earlier than the media expected. If they see a player they want, who they think can contribute for a long time at a high level, go get him a round or two early if they have him higher than anyone else on their board.

I admit, though, I also love this time of year. Like what Vermiel said about opening shiny new presents under the tree after the draft.

shocked
04-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Furthermore, they missed on a shit ton of players AND he reached for players. You could do this nitpicking with every GM in the NFL. Point is he hit on 9 Pro Bowlers in 10 years (if we rightfully include Brady) and I doubt too many teams can beat that run. He also drafted quality guys to round out his roster.

And there we have it : True Fan Syndrome. What? It's 'true fan syndrome' to not dismiss probowl linemen as "suck ass" picks?

Yeah, I really hope the Chiefs take the "safe" picks because you know, they win Super Bowls. They did in NE. I'm not going to argue the obvious need for a franchise QB - but you are being ridiculous.

ChiefGator
04-03-2010, 05:13 PM
You could do this nitpicking with every GM in the NFL. Point is he hit on 9 Pro Bowlers in 10 years (if we rightfully include Brady) and I doubt too many teams can beat that run. He also drafted quality guys to round out his roster.

You can't include Brady... they didn't really want to draft him. I think it was a mix up on the draft card they took to the podium.

shocked
04-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Actually, it seems like New England has built the lines through the draft and gone out and gotten skill players through FA when they could. And those moves weren't very pricey or high profile either. I think their two highest priced FA signing were Roosevelt Colvin and Adalius Thomas - which weren't good moves. Moss they got for cheap. Welker wasn't high profile when he was signed. Vrabel was a castoff from Pittsburgh. Who else? Rodney Harrison and Corey Dillon? Both were thought to be past their prime.

It's not like they targeted the biggest name every year.

shocked
04-03-2010, 05:23 PM
You can't include Brady... they didn't really want to draft him. I think it was a mix up on the draft card they took to the podium. Good one.

DaneMcCloud
04-03-2010, 09:44 PM
And when did Maroney prove the the Patriots can't draft anyway? Dude averages 4.2 yards a carry.

Maroney's been an awful first round pick. He's been injured and when healthy, ineffective.

2006: 745 yards
2007: 835 yards
2008: 93 yards
2009: 797 yards

I don't give a crap about his "average". For a first round pick, his numbers have been more akin to a 5th round pick.

Poor value, poor choice.

DaneMcCloud
04-03-2010, 09:49 PM
You could do this nitpicking with every GM in the NFL. Point is he hit on 9 Pro Bowlers in 10 years (if we rightfully include Brady) and I doubt too many teams can beat that run. He also drafted quality guys to round out his roster.

Really? How about Baltimore and Ozzie Newsome? Or Ernie Accorsi & the Giants? Polian and the Colts? reid & the Eagles? Even AJ Smith and the Chargers.

Those guys continually mine great talent from the draft year after year after year. I would be absolutely SHOCKED if anyone fro Pioli's first draft in KC even sniffed a "Pro Bowl".

What? It's 'true fan syndrome' to not dismiss probowl linemen as "suck ass" picks?

Absolutely. Pioli couldn't draft playmakers in NE, so he had to import them in Dillon, Moss & Welker. He kept drafting TE's that sucked and unproductive RB's.

[/quote]

Marcellus
04-03-2010, 10:39 PM
LMAO off at this.

You guys do know you can't win against some people here when it comes to talking about Pioli and the draft right?

He had nothing to do with the success in NE. He was an innocent bystander locked up in his office all day collecting a big paycheck.

He didn't learn anything, do anything, or contribute in any way shape or form. All he did was sit back and collect NFL Executive Of The Year awards. You could do it. Many people here could do it. Just ask them.

DaneMcCloud
04-04-2010, 01:55 AM
LMAO off at this.

You guys do know you can't win against some people here when it comes to talking about Pioli and the draft right?

He had nothing to do with the success in NE. He was an innocent bystander locked up in his office all day collecting a big paycheck.

He didn't learn anything, do anything, or contribute in any way shape or form. All he did was sit back and collect NFL Executive Of The Year awards. You could do it. Many people here could do it. Just ask them.

Got Meth?

KurtCobain
04-04-2010, 02:56 AM
Got Meth?

Got Money?

T-post Tom
04-04-2010, 03:00 AM
Got Money?

Got one hand in my pocket and the other one's making a peace sign.

http://craignj.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/alanis-morissette.jpg

Slainte
04-04-2010, 03:09 AM
Got one hand in my pocket and the other one's making a peace sign.

http://craignj.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/alanis-morissette.jpg

Amazing in that it doesn't *really* look like her. More like some TV shampoo ad girl...

T-post Tom
04-04-2010, 03:14 AM
Amazing in that it doesn't *really* look like her. More like some TV shampoo ad girl...

she is not a 'classic' beauty but neither am i
she has fire
i like her

http://www.speakwell.com/well/2005spring/media/Alanis%20Morissette_int.jpg

Slainte
04-04-2010, 03:25 AM
she is not a 'classic' beauty but neither am i
she has fire
i like her

So do I.

That pic's much better, IMO...

shocked
04-04-2010, 07:04 AM
Really? How about Baltimore and Ozzie Newsome? Or Ernie Accorsi & the Giants? Polian and the Colts? reid & the Eagles? Even AJ Smith and the Chargers.

You obviously aren't looking the draft history of any of these teams. I could easily cherry pick "suck ass" drafts that all these teams had, as well as first rd picks that were reaches or just downright awful.

Those guys continually mine great talent from the draft year after year after year. It averages out that way, but they've had plenty of bad drafts and bad 1st rd picks too.

Absolutely. Pioli couldn't draft playmakers in NE, so he had to import them in Dillon, Moss & Welker. He kept drafting TE's that sucked and unproductive RB's. TEs that sucked and an unproductive RB? That's three friggin picks over the course of 10 years. Are you this clueless? The guy drafted 9 Pro Bowlers in 10 years along with a slew of quality talent to fill out the roster -- but his drafts are "suck ass" because of 3 players? This is just ignorant.

Marcellus
04-04-2010, 08:33 AM
Got Meth?

Happy Easter Dane.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-05-2010, 12:52 PM
Got Meth?

Happy Easter Dane.

LMAO CP rules.

-King-
08-15-2010, 07:25 PM
And to think that people really wanted to trade for him...

Von Dumbass
08-15-2010, 07:37 PM
Goddammit :cuss:

We didn't give up much for him but still. I ****ing hate Brady Quinn.

This

-King-
08-15-2010, 07:43 PM
This

Heh, you're right for once.

ChiefsCountry
08-15-2010, 07:47 PM
And to think that people really wanted to trade for him...

Do you see who we have at QB?

-King-
08-15-2010, 07:50 PM
Do you see who we have at QB?

Yeah, downgrading from shit to diarrhea is not a good idea though.