PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Inglorious bastards

Gracie Dean
03-14-2010, 09:41 PM
This was a great movie. QT does it again.

Next on the que is Hurt Locker

Count Alex's Losses
03-14-2010, 09:42 PM
Not a very Christian movie.

Bane
03-14-2010, 09:42 PM
:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

Buck
03-14-2010, 09:43 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=212305&highlight=inglorious+basterds

Reaper16
03-14-2010, 09:44 PM

Both are damn good films.

Jerm
Get to the choppa!!!!@#*@#
Posted via Mobile Device

Judge Smails
I never saw the ending coming.

Landa is now one of my all-time favorite villains.

KcMizzou
Basterds

Gracie Dean
03-14-2010, 09:45 PM
Basterds

sorry, never even realized that. Thanks

Deberg_1990
03-14-2010, 09:46 PM

Welcome to 7 months ago!!

KcMizzou
03-14-2010, 09:46 PM
I never saw the ending coming.

Landa is now one of my all-time favorite villains.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kUbGcRJUDu0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kUbGcRJUDu0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Gracie Dean
03-14-2010, 09:50 PM
Welcome to 7 months ago!!

yea, well I have had a 7 months of blur inbetween hospital visits and such. I did not even know of the movie till the Oscars

Deberg_1990
03-14-2010, 09:51 PM
yea, well I have had a 7 months of blur inbetween hospital visits and such. I did not even know of the movie till the Oscars

heh...yea, i realized after i posted that who it was that started the thread.

Im a dumbass. :)

Gracie Dean
03-14-2010, 09:52 PM
heh...yea, i realized after i posted that who it was that started the thread.

Im a dumbass. :)

no problem. It is fine really :)

I hadn't heard of Precious either. Watched that today as well.

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2010, 10:02 PM
Wow, this has NEVER been discussed in the Media Lounge

:rolleyes:

Frankie
03-14-2010, 10:05 PM
Hey did any of you have a problem with the ending? I loved the movie but I have not reconciled with the ending yet.

KcMizzou
03-14-2010, 10:09 PM

:rolleyes:Meh, I, too, occasionally post crap in the main forum that shouldn't be here.

Either people don't respond, and it dies or gets moved. Or people do, which, in my mind, makes it worthy. (At least for a little while.)

Gracie Dean
03-14-2010, 10:09 PM

:rolleyes:

yes, it is such a crime to discuss it now since I just watched it :rolleyes::p

Reaper16
03-14-2010, 10:11 PM
<object width="640" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kUbGcRJUDu0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>
HOLY CRAP. How is the intrewebs not folding in on itself because of that?

Deberg_1990
03-14-2010, 10:13 PM
Hey did any of you have a problem with the ending? I loved the movie but I have not reconciled with the ending yet.

What was wrong with the ending? Other than QT rewriting history....

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2010, 10:15 PM
Meh, I, too, occasionally post crap in the main forum that shouldn't be here.

Either people don't respond, and it dies or gets moved. Or people do, which, in my mind, makes it worthy. (At least for a little while.)

I get it: Pam gets a pass (as she always does).

But if this was Knowmo or anyone else that's "disliked" on the main forum, they'd be hammered until bleeding from their rectum.

Me? I'm an equal oppportunity asshole.

:D

Gracie Dean
03-14-2010, 10:17 PM

But if this was Knowmo or anyone else that's "disliked" on the main forum, they'd be hammered until bleeding from their rectum.

right...I always get a pass ROFLROFL:eek::doh!::rolleyes::harumph:

again, what was so wrong with posting it since today was the first time I had ever watched it?

KcMizzou
03-14-2010, 10:18 PM

:DHeheh

I suppose I'm an equal oppportunity "give 'em a pass" guy. I wouldn't mind a bit no matter who posted it.

Not much pisses me off... and this thread sure doesn't.

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2010, 10:19 PM
right...I always get a pass ROFLROFL:eek::doh!::rolleyes::harumph:

again, what was so wrong with posting it since today was the first time I had ever watched it?

What's wrong?

There's a dedicated forum for Film, Television, Computers, etc.

Anything MEDIA related.

There's also a thread pages and pages long discussion this VERY topic.

So who are YOU to post in the main forum, just because YOU watched it?

Oh yeah: You're kinda dumb, often mis-spell words and you have a vagina.

Good on YOU!

Count Alex's Losses
03-14-2010, 10:19 PM

If every moron who saw a movie for the first time posted a thread about it the forum would suck ass and die.

If you see a movie for the first time and want to post about it use the MOVIES thread in the Media Center forum.

It's not rocket science.

Gracie Dean
03-14-2010, 10:21 PM
What's wrong?

There's a dedicated forum for Film, Television, Computers, etc.

Anything MEDIA related.

There's also a thread pages and pages long discussion this VERY topic.

So who are YOU to post in the main forum, just because YOU watched it?

Oh yeah: You're kinda dumb, often mis-spell words and you have a vagina.

Good on YOU!

OH massa forgive me :rolleyes:

DaneMcCloud
Heheh

I suppose I'm an equal oppportunity "give 'em a pass" guy. I wouldn't mind a bit no matter who posted it.

Not much pisses me off... and this thread sure doesn't.

Piss me off? No way.

An opportunity to call out dumbassery?

I'm your guy.

:evil:

KcMizzou
There's a tread about "Pacific" at the top of the page right now. Same thread in the media center...

No complaints in that thread.

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2010, 10:22 PM
OH massa forgive me :rolleyes:

I wasn't aware that this was 1850 and that you were an African American slave.

Good to know.

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2010, 10:23 PM
There's a tread about "Pacific" at the top of the page right now. Same thread in the media center...

No complaints in that thread.

"The Pacific" isn't set to hit my Tivo for another 38 minutes.

:p

Frankie

What's there to "get a pass" for? She said just saw the movie. And she's right, it's not a crime to wanna discuss it. Folks who think it's a thread too late would not be interested in even opening it, would they? Unless they want to come in just to troll.

DaneMcCloud
What's there to "get a pass" for? She said just saw the movie. And she's right, it's not a crime to wanna discuss it. Folks who think it's a thread too late would not be interested in even opening it, would they? Unless they want to come in just to troll.

Um, Media Forum, Frankie.

This is the EXACT reason why people become upset with you for reposting.

For some reason, certain members think they're all too important to follow the guidelines.

And the "pass"?

Well, let's just say that "you have a life" and haven't been keeping up with Pam's advertised issues.

Guru
03-14-2010, 10:25 PM
He died in the end.

sorry, that was meant for the Phelps thread.

Thig Lyfe
03-14-2010, 10:26 PM

You should really get a Twitter account instead of posting a new thread every time you do something. Seriously, this is exactly the function Twitter serves.

Just sayin'.

Frankie
03-14-2010, 10:27 PM
If you see a movie for the first time and want to post about it use the MOVIES thread in the Media Center forum.

I do not agree with that. Posting here gets more replies. A lot of folks don't automatically open the media forum to look for it. That's why we have thread categories right before the topic. Once the thread is established and takes legs, then IMO it can be moved to the media forum.

Guru
03-14-2010, 10:29 PM
I do not agree with that. Posting here gets more replies. A lot of folks don't automatically open the media forum to look for it. That's why we have thread categories right before the topic. Once the thread is established and takes legs, then IMO it can be moved to the media forum.the people that frequent the Media forum do. There are quite a few of us.

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2010, 10:29 PM
I do not agree with that. Posting here gets more replies. A lot of folks don't automatically open the media forum to look for it. That's why we have thread categories right before the topic. Once the thread is established and takes legs, then IMO it can be moved to the media forum.

Then ONCE AGAIN, you feel that you don't need to follow the etiquette of the forum and instead, do as you please.

And then you wonder why people feel about you as they do.

LaChapelle
03-14-2010, 10:30 PM
I'll wait and see it for free/HBO

Count Alex's Losses
03-14-2010, 10:30 PM

I don't have a problem with that for a movie that JUST CAME OUT.

But doing it for something most everyone has seen and has been discussed ad nauseam is retarded.

luv
03-14-2010, 10:31 PM

If I'm going to look for something movie/media related, I go to the Media forum first.

That said, big flippin' deal. I don't think she gets a pass because of all of her issue threads. I think it's just common for people to do it from time to time.

THAT said, if a movie is this old, then I would think chances are, regardless of which forum it was started in, it would be in the Media forum by now.

Frankie
03-14-2010, 10:32 PM
Then ONCE AGAIN, you feel that you don't need to follow the etiquette of the forum and instead, do as you please.

And then you wonder why people feel about you as they do.

"People" feel OK about me here. There are a few Neanderthals though......

Gracie Dean
03-14-2010, 10:33 PM
You should really get a Twitter account instead of posting a new thread every time you do something. Seriously, this is exactly the function Twitter serves.

Just sayin'.

what ever

mods delete if this thread is too much of a bother in the off season and all :)

have a great evening!

Frankie
03-14-2010, 10:35 PM
I don't have a problem with that for a movie that JUST CAME OUT.

But doing it for something most everyone has seen and has been discussed ad nauseam is retarded.

It's NOT life-threatening. Folks need to cool off. Not worth hurting someone with derogatory comments.

KcMizzou
03-14-2010, 10:35 PM
I do not agree with that. Posting here gets more replies. A lot of folks don't automatically open the media forum to look for it. That's why we have thread categories right before the topic. Once the thread is established and takes legs, then IMO it can be moved to the media forum.The Media lounge gets a ton of traffic. From people who are interested in that kinda thing... movies, music, video games, etc.

You can post your thread there, and be sure that interested people will see it.

If you do post something like that in the main forum, though... it's not a big deal to me. (See my "Random Music" thread.)

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2010, 10:36 PM

I wish everyone was as vocal as I am

Count Alex's Losses
03-14-2010, 10:36 PM
It's NOT life-threatening. Folks need to cool off. Not worth hurting someone with derogatory comments.

Sure it is. We learned noswad good. She won't do this again.

KcMizzou
03-14-2010, 10:37 PM
Sure it is. We learned noswad good. She won't do this again.
LMAO

Thig Lyfe
03-14-2010, 10:38 PM
what ever

mods delete if this thread is too much of a bother in the off season and all :)

have a great evening!

Seriously. Sign up for it and post the link to yours. People who want to know what you ate for breakfast will follow you, and people who don't will get off your case.

I'm trying to be helpful.

Gracie Dean
03-14-2010, 10:38 PM
LMAO

I didn't know that turd was still around :)

You can be sure if I take him off ignore and he posts stupid crap we will "learn him good" :harumph:

luv
03-14-2010, 10:39 PM
I wish everyone was as vocal as I am

One thing I respect about you is that no one ever has to question where they stand with you, or where you stand on issues you're passionate about.

Gracie Dean
03-14-2010, 10:40 PM
Seriously. Sign up for it and post the link to yours. People who want to know what you ate for breakfast will follow you, and people who don't will get off your case.

I'm trying to be helpful.

you dumbass can kiss mine :)

and better hope you never post anything non-chiefs related :)

KcMizzou
03-14-2010, 10:41 PM

I'm trying to be helpful.For example, from Jarrad Page "Watchin 30 for 30 special about Reggie Miller on ESPN. Great documentary. Reggie goes hard. There used to b real fights n NBA. Lol"

(That's just a comment on Twitter, not noswad)

Count Alex's Losses
03-14-2010, 10:41 PM
I would follow noswad's twitter religiously.

I want to know about picking her kids up from school, what she made for dinner, that great episode of her favorite sitcom, what a success the tupperware party was, what joy god has brought to her life and all the naughty things her lap dog does. Mix in the occasional outburst about how horrible men are and you have an amazing twitter account. I just wonder when she will stop complaining that twitter keeps "cutting off my posts at 140 characters."

Thig Lyfe
03-14-2010, 10:43 PM
you dumbass can kiss mine :)

Wow.

DaneMcCloud
One thing I respect about you is that no one ever has to question where they stand with you, or where you stand on issues you're passionate about.

Thanks, Luv.

I'm fairly transparent, which makes it sometimes odd when people question my position or motives.

It's almost as if it's a capitol crime with some people to have an opinion, stick to it and back it up.

Gracie Dean
I would follow noswad's twitter religiously.

I want to know about picking her kids up from school, what she made for dinner, that great episode of her favorite sitcom, what a success the tupperware party was, what joy god has brought to her life and all the naughty things her lap dog does. Mix in the occasional outburst about how horrible men are and you have an amazing twitter account. I just wonder when she will stop complaining that twitter keeps "cutting off my posts at 140 characters."

and I just took you off ignore to school your dumb ass

I would NOT read about your sexless life, your quest to become a priest or being a perv, not knowing which girl will **** your virgin ass or that your sister is ****ing someone while you beat off in the next room. Yea those are oh so much more valuable than the few threads I started this week.

and we all know I am the ONLY one who even remotely posts anything personal.

Guru
03-14-2010, 10:45 PM
I wish everyone was as vocal as I amYeah, you're a big fuckin douche.:evil:

DaneMcCloud
Wow.

Yep.

She's back.

Personally, I'll take BadGirl 24-7 over Pam.

Count Alex's Losses

I would NOT read about your sexless life, your quest to become a priest or being a perv, not knowing which girl will fuck your virgin ass or that your sister is fucking someone while you beat off in the next room. Yea those are oh so much more valuable than the 3 threads I started this week.

Ouch, I'm bleeding.

DaneMcCloud
Yeah, you're a big fuckin douche.:evil:

I wasn't aware that you were capable of typing swear words!

Brock
03-14-2010, 10:46 PM

I would NOT read about your sexless life, your quest to become a priest or being a perv, not knowing which girl will fuck your virgin ass or that your sister is fucking someone while you beat off in the next room. Yea those are oh so much more valuable than the 3 threads I started this week.

:LOL: Gochiefs, you just got your ass kicked by a 98 lb woman. Not for the first time, either.

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2010, 10:46 PM
Ouch, I'm bleeding.

Vaginal issues again?

Count Alex's Losses
03-14-2010, 10:47 PM
Vaginal issues again?

No, the anal cavity was not intended as a sexual orifice.

luv
03-14-2010, 10:47 PM
Yep.

She's back.

Personally, I'll take BadGirl 24-7 over Pam.

Not even. At least Pam cares about sports.

Guru
03-14-2010, 10:48 PM
I wasn't aware that you were capable of typing swear words!

:DWhat? You mean you missed my little gem in Tiny's God of War thread?:eek:

By the way, that is in the Media forum.

luv
03-14-2010, 10:48 PM
No, the anal cavity was not intended as a sexual orifice.

You're not doing something right.

KcMizzou
03-14-2010, 10:49 PM
On the bright side, this thread has become very entertaining.

See???

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2010, 10:51 PM

Yeah but Badgirl cares about water sports

DaneMcCloud
What? You mean you missed my little gem in Tiny's God of War thread?:eek:

By the way, that is in the Media forum.

The wha?

Gracie Dean

yes and sports wise, today was VERY boring.

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2010, 10:52 PM
You're not doing something right.

How many times can I say "This" in a thread?

BigRedChief

Next on the que is Hurt Lockerjeeezzz there is already a huge thread on this movie.

Guru
The wha?Damn Hollywood people really are dumb.:shake::evil:

KcMizzou
03-14-2010, 10:53 PM
jeeezzz there is already a huge thread on this movie.You don't say.... I must have missed the email. :)

Count Alex's Losses
03-14-2010, 10:54 PM
jeeezzz there is already a huge thread on this movie.

GOD DAMMIT BIGRED! If you want to bitch about Pam's post we were doing it earlier in the thread. Now we're talking about anal sex and twitter. Some people. :rolleyes:

DaneMcCloud
On the bright side, this thread has become very entertaining.

See???

Yes, but at this point, we're not discussing the movie. The cinematography, script, score, acting - all of the things that people love to discuss.

That's why threads like these have no value because they degradge into so sex and poop threads. Now, don't get me wrong, those have comedic value but I think that the majority of people that start film-related threads enjoy studying and conversing/debating the aesthetics of film.

Kyle DeLexus

I don't like you, but you are a notch in front of CoMo.

luv
03-14-2010, 10:55 PM
Yeah but Badgirl cares about water sports

So women are only here for entertainment. No chance of them adding any useful insight to anything of any importance, so who cares if they give a shit about sports. I see how it is. I've got my eye on you, mister.

KcMizzou
Yes, but at this point, we're not discussing the movie. The cinematography, script, score, acting - all of the things that people love to discuss.

That's why threads like these have no value because they degradge into so sex and poop threads. No don't get me wrong, those have comedic value but I think that the majority of people enjoy studying and conversing/debating about the aesthetics of film.That's where you're wrong.

Most people prefer the sex and poop threads.

DaneMcCloud
Damn Hollywood people really are dumb.:shake::evil:

LMAO

Count Alex's Losses
So women are only ere for entertainment? No chance of them adding any useful insight to anything of any importance, so who cares if they give a shit about sports. I see how it is. I've got my eye on you, mister.

Keep it up, you are entertaining. Are you by any chance female?

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2010, 10:57 PM
So women are only here for entertainment. No chance of them adding any useful insight to anything of any importance, so who cares if they give a shit about sports. I see how it is. I've got my eye on you, mister.

Oh come on, it was a joke.

Maybe I oughta stick to yelling and cussing.

BigRedChief
03-14-2010, 10:57 PM
GOD DAMMIT BIGRED! If you want to bitch about Pam's post we were doing it earlier in the thread. Now we're talking about anal sex and twitter. Some people. :rolleyes:ok cool I'm on board.
http://tellmewhyimwrong.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/anal-sex.jpg

luv
03-14-2010, 10:58 PM
That's where you're wrong.

Most people prefer the sex and poop threads.

I'd say I have more to add to them, but 1) everyone knows women don't poop, and 2) I think I've forgotten what sex is anyway.

luv
03-14-2010, 10:59 PM
Oh come on, it was a joke.

Maybe I oughta stick to yelling and cussing.

At least GoChiefs caught my sarcasm. :p

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2010, 11:00 PM
At least GoChiefs caught my sarcasm. :p

Well, he IS experiencing vaginal issues

KcMizzou
03-14-2010, 11:01 PM
I'm off to catch that ESPN special on Reggie Miller vs. the Knicks. (starting now on ESPN2)

Fun thread, carry on.

Guru
03-14-2010, 11:04 PM
I'm watching the hurt locker right now.

Wish they would repair the hinge though.

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2010, 11:05 PM

Let me know how it is so I can lie to my Oscar winning neighbor about how good it is and how it deserved all those Oscars.

I've still never seen it.

Guru
03-14-2010, 11:08 PM
Let me know how it is so I can lie to my Oscar winning neighbor about how good it is and how it deserved all those Oscars.

:DSo far it is outstanding. Great suspense.

Gracie Dean
03-14-2010, 11:09 PM

that is our next movie. We tried to find it on Red Box today but the 3 different Red Box outlets we went to were out of it.

Count Alex's Losses
03-14-2010, 11:10 PM
that is our next movie. We tried to find it on Red Box today but the 3 different Red Box outlets we went to were out of it.

When you discover Netflix, remember you don't need to post a thread about it.

Guru
03-14-2010, 11:11 PM
When you discover Netflix, remember you don't need to post a thread about it.:LOL:

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2010, 11:12 PM

She'll post threads about anything.

ANYTHING.

She has absolutely NO respect for anyone here.

It's all "me, me, me, me, me".

:shake:

Gracie Dean

oh you wait dumbass. YOu better watch what you post from now on. :) It will be worth taking your dumbass off ignore to school you! :evil:

cdcox
I'm surprised to see almost 100 posts discussing a movie that came out so long ago. I often watch movies long after their release date, but have hesitated to post a discussion thread in the main forum. But given all the discussion here, I'll have to do so more in the future.

Guru
03-14-2010, 11:14 PM
We are no longer on topic cdcox. We are steering this to the hurt locker now. Oh, and anal sex.

Count Alex's Losses
03-14-2010, 11:15 PM
We are steering this to the hurt locker now. Oh, and anal sex.

Those are the same thing. At least that's the nickname he uses for it.

luv
We are no longer on topic cdcox. We are steering this to the hurt locker now. Oh, and anal sex.

I read his post as being sarcastic.

Kyle DeLexus

Damn Dane, I never knew you lived by that chick from Precious.

Guru
03-14-2010, 11:16 PM
I read his post as being sarcastic.So did I.

That is twice you posted about who was being sarcastic now. Are you the sarcasm police or something?:D

cdcox
03-14-2010, 11:18 PM

Thanks for alerting me. That Borat thread would have been really embarrassing.

luv
03-14-2010, 11:19 PM
So did I.

That is twice you posted about who was being sarcastic now. Are you the sarcasm police or something?:D

After five years of being a member here, I think it's time I started pulling my weight. Gotta start somewhere. :)

Guru
03-14-2010, 11:19 PM
Thanks for alerting me. That Borat thread would have been really embarrassing.Actually, that would fit right in here tonight.

Kyle DeLexus
03-14-2010, 11:24 PM
After five years of being a member here, I think it's time I started pulling my weight. Gotta start somewhere. :)

Everyone knows you start as a member of the Repost Police then you move on to either sarcasm or grammer.

luv
03-14-2010, 11:25 PM
Everyone knows you start as a member of the Repost Police then you move on to either sarcasm or grammer.

I've already been part of the Repost Police AND the Grammar Police. I actually started in the Grammar Police first.

Guru
03-14-2010, 11:26 PM
Everyone knows you start as a member of the Repost Police then you move on to either sarcasm or grammer.grammar dumbass:thumb:

Kyle DeLexus
03-14-2010, 11:32 PM
grammar dumbass:thumb:

I'm still a member of the Repost group so I COULD care less :thumb:

luv
03-14-2010, 11:35 PM
I'm still a member of the Repost group so I COULD care less :thumb:

Could or couldn't?

Guru
03-14-2010, 11:36 PM
I'm still a member of the Repost group so I COULD care less :thumb:and the denial group.:thumb:
I'm just giving ya crap.

KcMizzou
03-14-2010, 11:36 PM
Could or couldn't?I think "could" is in caps for a reason.

luv
03-14-2010, 11:38 PM
I think "could" is in caps for a reason.

Aren't you supposed to be watching the Reggie Miller movie? :p

Guru
03-14-2010, 11:41 PM
Aren't you supposed to be watching the Reggie Miller movie? :pMaybe he can do two things at once.

Frankie
03-15-2010, 12:53 AM
I don't like you, .....

Your reasons please. Otherwise you are just a hater.