PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Teicher: Five players drafted by Edwards will be crucial to Chiefs in 2010

Tribal Warfare
03-14-2010, 11:42 PM
Five players drafted by Edwards will be crucial to Chiefs in 2010 (http://www.kansascity.com/2010/03/13/1813260/five-players-drafted-by-edwards.html)
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star

Since their arrival a year ago, Scott Pioli and Todd Haley have been all about remaking the Chiefs in their own image.

Pioli and Haley had little use for players like Tony Gonzalez, Larry Johnson, Bernard Pollard, Tyler Thigpen, Tank Tyler and Turk McBride, all of whom were seen as building blocks by the previous coach, Herm Edwards.

But one group of Edwards’ players is crucial to the efforts to turn the Chiefs into winners. Edwards’ final draft class includes Glenn Dorsey, Branden Albert, Brandon Flowers, Jamaal Charles and Brandon Carr.

All have become starters. How they fare in 2010 will sway how quickly, and whether, the Chiefs can end their three-season slump.

Each is entering his third season with the Chiefs. To Haley, that marks a crucial time.

“When you get into that year three, that’s really the one where guys either continue to climb and become great players or, if they stay the same, generally start to decline,” Haley said. “I ended up talking to most of those guys, continued to communicate that this is a critical, critical offseason. It’s a critical offseason for our entire team. But these guys have a couple of years under their belts and a year in this system and (know) what the expectations are. I’ve made it clear to them that this is a big stepping-stone year.

“I wouldn’t call it a make-or-break year. Most of these guys have had to learn an entirely new system. But as far as being in the league, they should have the feel for what it takes to be a good player in the league, how hard it is, how much work it is, how much effort it takes in the offseason to get your body ready to compete at this level. They all have that understanding now.

“Our hope is they all make that jump. They’re all capable.”

Among the five players, Flowers, Charles and Carr have at least met the Chiefs’ expectations, so it’s reasonable to believe they have the best chance of becoming the players Haley wants.

Flowers, a starting cornerback, is arguably the Chiefs’ best defensive player and has the ability to become a Pro Bowler. A second-round draft pick in 2008, he showed the willingness to play through pain last season when he missed only one game despite an injured shoulder.

“Brandon showed some things this year that really left me encouraged about what’s ahead for him,” Haley said. “He’s a very competitive guy that played hurt most of the year and still was able to play at a pretty high level. Brandon has set the bar high. He’s not going to be content to just be another guy. He wants to stand out and be a special player and be on a team that wins a lot of games.”

Charles, drafted with one of the third-round picks acquired from Minnesota in the Jared Allen trade, became the featured back at midseason after the Chiefs released Johnson. He breathed life into a stagnant Chiefs offense by rushing for more than 100 yards in each of the final four games, including a team-record 259 yards in the season’s last game in Denver.

“I don’t believe we’ve seen the best from Jamaal,” Haley said. “He’s acclimated himself to what we expected from him. He’s a real good offseason guy and saw that all pay dividends for him last year. Jamaal has his focus set on being seen as one of the better players in the league so he’s got a lot of drive in that direction.

“I’m not going to set a bar on Jamaal because each time we did that last year he kind of broke through that bar and raised it. We’re going to continue to push him hard and coach him and see how good he can be.”

Carr, a two-year starter at cornerback, has already delivered value for a fifth-round draft pick from Division II Grand Valley State in Michigan.

Dorsey and Albert were the Chiefs’ two first-round picks in 2008, Albert coming in one of the picks obtained from Minnesota in the Jared Allen trade. Each has been a two-year starter, but neither yet has delivered on his promise.

Dorsey was moved to defensive end last year from tackle, but he again had little impact. He began the offseason overweight and in poor physical shape but eventually impressed Haley with his ability to work harder.

“He had to fight through some real adversity from year one to year two,” Haley said. “He came into an unknown situation last year and didn’t have himself in the best shape. But he fought through that and some injuries and we were better when he was out there than when he wasn’t.

“He’s definitely somebody I’ve stayed in touch with because he’s a guy that’s important. He’s a guy that in the offseason (last year) did let his weight slide. We’re staying in touch and just making sure that kind of thing doesn’t happen again so that he can come in this offseason in a position where he can really advance himself.”

The Chiefs immediately installed Albert at left tackle, the most important position on the offensive line because it protects the quarterback’s blind side. Albert has yet to take to the position — he was fifth in the league last year in sacks allowed with nine — and could eventually be moved to right tackle or guard.

“Branden is another core guy in some fashion for us,” Haley said, acknowledging the uncertainty over Albert’s position. “He’s a guy that developed as the year went on and made great progress with his overall conditioning, and that needs to continue. He’s another guy like a couple of others that need to come into this offseason at least where he’s at now.

“Now, if on his own he does more to improve, then that’s great. If we can get him to pick up where he left off he’s going to continue to develop. He’s a young player who is developing all the time and has the right attitude and mind-set. I expect him to do nothing but get better.”

Buehler445
03-14-2010, 11:45 PM
Anyone heard anything about Cottam? He should step up (in the eyes of our coaches at least) if he can get over that neck injury.

BossChief
03-14-2010, 11:59 PM
“Now, if on his own he does more to improve, then that’s great. If we can get him to pick up where he left off he’s going to continue to develop. He’s a young player who is developing all the time and has the right attitude and mind-set. I expect him to do nothing but get better.”

Doesn't sound to me like a position move is imminent in this statement about Albert.

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2010, 12:09 AM

Doesn't sound to me like a position move is imminent in this statement about Albert.

Yup. Sounds like he will be given a chance to play to left tackle.

If he fails there would be no reason not to move him. But it certainly doesn't sound like they are just going to do that outright as every dumbass has suggested this offseason.

Saccopoo
03-15-2010, 12:18 AM
If he fails there would be no reason not to move him.

So, if he fails and there is no reason not to move him, what's the contingency plan for the 2011 season?

Free agent left tackle? (I'm sure you know this, but there aren't many teams that let their premiere left tackles go in free agency - at least in the prime of their career. The Jason Peters deal was more of an anomaly than the norm.)

Who's available at the LT position then?

The draft? If Albert doesn't progress and there is then the need to go after a left tackle in the draft, who is available next year who is considered a top flight prospective NFL left tackle? And are you going to be happy about picking one in the first round of next years draft versus one in this years draft?

I'm just curious what you feel will be the Chiefs contingency plan for the position if Albert doesn't pull it together this next season.

BossChief
03-15-2010, 12:23 AM
sac, how many teams in the NFL need a LT nowadays? With all that have been drafted in recent years, teams that have that need are becoming less and less and therefore the talents will be available later and later.

That statement just further shows that you are wrong in your evaluations and should just admit it and move on, but....

ITS FUCKING STRAWBERRY DAMNITT

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2010, 12:29 AM
who is available next year who is considered a top flight prospective NFL left tackle?

I don't know, but it seems almost every year there is a good left tackle prospect or two to be had in the first round.

I don't think this will be an issue though, because I believe Albert is going to be fine.

T-post Tom
03-15-2010, 12:32 AM
This may be one of the scariest thread titles of all time.

Saccopoo
03-15-2010, 12:33 AM
sac, how many teams in the NFL need a LT nowadays? With all that have been drafted in recent years, teams that have that need are becoming less and less and therefore the talents will be available later and later.

That statement just further shows that you are wrong in your evaluations and should just admit it and move on, but....

What?

I mean, seriously - what?

Because the Rams and Brown took a tackle, that means nobody else needs one and we'll be able to pick up a stud left tackle in the fourth round? Is that what you are implying? That every team is now set at left tackle because there has been a couple taken in the first round for, oh, forever?

And all I was asking is what is the contingency plan in the event that Albert doesn't get it after his third season. Is it going to be free agency? Is it going to be the draft? Is it going to be like the Drafturbators say and we'll be able to pick up a stud starting left tackle in the sixth round where they all resided like some prairie dog town in The Middle of Fucking Nowhere, South Dakota?

If Albert doesn't get it in season three, and we are then forced to find a new starting left tackle, where is he coming from?

You obviously don't have a clue, so I'll wait for someone with a bit more knowledge to come along and answer this question.

Fish
03-15-2010, 12:38 AM
So, if he fails and there is no reason not to move him, what's the contingency plan for the 2011 season?

Free agent left tackle? (I'm sure you know this, but there aren't many teams that let their premiere left tackles go in free agency - at least in the prime of their career. The Jason Peters deal was more of an anomaly than the norm.)

Who's available at the LT position then?

The draft? If Albert doesn't progress and there is then the need to go after a left tackle in the draft, who is available next year who is considered a top flight prospective NFL left tackle? And are you going to be happy about picking one in the first round of next years draft versus one in this years draft?

I'm just curious what you feel will be the Chiefs contingency plan for the position if Albert doesn't pull it together this next season.

I have no doubt whatsoever that there would be a LT available at whatever our first round pick would be in 2012 that would be just as good as this year's top 3 OTs. It happens every year. We'll likely be picking in the top 15 next year. The coach said straight up he's a core guy who has to at least continue where he left off and show improvement. That doesn't sound to me like a coach's description of a guy he's about to replace with a #5 overall draft pick. Not in the slightest.

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2010, 12:40 AM
Is it going to be like the Drafturbators say and we'll be able to pick up a stud starting left tackle in the sixth round.

No one has ever said this.

Generally you find starting left tackles in the first or second round.

BTW, there are a few good LT prospects coming out in 2011: Joseph Barksdale, Gabe Carimi, etc.

T-post Tom
03-15-2010, 12:42 AM
... That doesn't sound to me like a coach's description of a guy he's about to replace with a #5 overall draft pick. Not in the slightest.

I agree. However, pre-draft smokescreens are commonplace this time of year. The one thing in this article that doesn't pass the sniff test is "...he was fifth in the league last year in sacks allowed with nine." Not a good stat. Considering that Albert is young & had to play at a new weight, I think he'll have a better year. I'm hoping he'll catch on and find a home at LT.

Saccopoo
03-15-2010, 12:43 AM
I don't think this will be an issue though, because I believe Albert is going to be fine.

I hope he's an All-Pro this season. I hope he knocks the piss out of people all season long, doesn't give up a sack and commits zero penalties. However, he's not shown a whole hell of a lot in his first two seasons, so I'm not as overly optimistic as you are C.E.

And due to his slow progression to date, I think it's a legitimate concern in terms of what is going to happen after next season if the dumbasses were actually correct and Albert needs to be moved and a legitimate left tackle is needed.

All I want to know is what is the contingency plan. Are you going to be happy spending the Chiefs first rounder next season on a left tackle? If players like Ryan Mallett or Blaine Gabbert or Julio Jones or the like are there and we've got to pass on them to pick up Joe Barksdale, is that going to be acceptable to you at that point? Or would you be happy when they sign Mario Henderson to a big dollar contract as our future left tackle? (Because, truth be told, there isn't going to be much in the way of quality left tackle free agents in 2011.) Or are we going to be okay with the Chiefs trading away draft picks in order to get a current roster LT from another team?

I want to know what's going to be acceptable to the non-dumbass crowd if Albert doesn't get it in year three?

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2010, 12:47 AM
I hope he's an All-Pro this season. I hope he knocks the piss out of people all season long, doesn't give up a sack and commits zero penalties. However, he's not shown a whole hell of a lot in his first two seasons, so I'm not as overly optimistic as you are C.E.

Well the fact that you just lump his two seasons together doesn't make much sense. He was very good as a rookie. He showed quite a bit. He wasn't as good last year because he lost weight and was relying more on technique, but you're ignoring the progress he made in the last month of the season.

If he hadn't been asked to lose weight I think he would have been just fine last year and no one would be asking questions about his future. But he didn't become untalented overnight. He just hit a bump in the road. I feel the same way about Dwayne Bowe.

Are you going to be happy spending the Chiefs first rounder next season on a left tackle? If players like Ryan Mallett or Blaine Gabbert or Julio Jones or the like are there and we've got to pass on them to pick up Joe Barksdale, is that going to be acceptable to you at that point?If Albert has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt he can't play left tackle in the NFL (and again I think his rookie year is proof that he can) then I have no problem with taking a left tackle in the first round in 2011.

BossChief
03-15-2010, 12:51 AM
Clady and Joe Thomas had horrid sophmore years too... sac would put them at guard and draft Okung and call everyone else dumb for disagreeing with him, when that didnt work out, he would draft Barksdale and slide Okung to RT.

To the flotation device!

Saccopoo
03-15-2010, 12:53 AM
No one has ever said this.

Generally you find starting left tackles in the first or second round.

BTW, there are a few good LT prospects coming out in 2011: Joseph Barksdale, Gabe Carimi, etc.

Barksdale is a converted defensive tackle that has never played left tackle in his entire career.

Carimi is a lumbering drive blocker NFL right tackle only.

The best offensive tackle in college right now is Matt Reynolds, and he's a NFL right tackle in the same mold as John Tait. And he may or may not come out after his junior year in 2010.

There ain't much in the way of proven NFL caliber left tackles in next years draft, not much in the way of free agents next year, and that's kinda my point.

BossChief
03-15-2010, 12:57 AM
All I want to know is what is the contingency plan. Are you going to be happy spending the Chiefs first rounder next season on a left tackle? If players like Ryan Mallett or Blaine Gabbert or Julio Jones or the like are there and we've got to pass on them to pick up Joe Barksdale, is that going to be acceptable to you at that point? Or would you be happy when they sign Mario Henderson to a big dollar contract as our future left tackle? (Because, truth be told, there isn't going to be much in the way of quality left tackle free agents in 2011.) Or are we going to be okay with the Chiefs trading away draft picks in order to get a current roster LT from another team?

this is funny because you are talking about passing on equally elite talent on defense this year to take Okung...

Wilson8
03-15-2010, 12:57 AM
“Branden is another core guy in some fashion for us,” Haley said, acknowledging the uncertainty over Albert’s position. “He’s a guy that developed as the year went on and made great progress with his overall conditioning, and that needs to continue. He’s another guy like a couple of others that need to come into this offseason at least where he’s at now.

The "CORE GUY IN SOME FASHION" says KC still has not determined where Albert plays next year.

The 2010 draft will determine where Albert plays next year.

The Chiefs may see the best value in drafting Berry or Clausen with their first pick then Albert stays put. If they go Okung, then Albert gets moved. It's good that they have that option with Albert.

Even if KC keeps Albert at LT, expect a backup OT to be drafted later in the draft.

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2010, 01:00 AM
Barksdale is a converted defensive tackle that has never played left tackle in his entire career.

Carimi is a lumbering drive blocker NFL right tackle only.

The best offensive tackle in college right now is Matt Reynolds, and he's a NFL right tackle in the same mold as John Tait. And he may or may not come out after his junior year in 2010.

There ain't much in the way of proven NFL caliber left tackles in next years draft, not much in the way of free agents next year, and that's kinda my point.

Shows you how much I know, I guess.

Anyway, if there are truly no good left tackles coming out in 2011 it might be a good year to find a stopgap or something.

Saccopoo
03-15-2010, 01:04 AM
Well the fact that you just lump his two seasons together doesn't make much sense. He was very good as a rookie. He showed quite a bit. He wasn't as good last year because he lost weight and was relying more on technique, but you're ignoring the progress he made in the last month of the season.

I don't think that there was progress. The Buffalo game was perhaps his worst game of the entire season. Everybody had a good game against Denver. Even Waters and Seamus O'Murphy and Niswanger. One good game does not a season make.

He was "good" as a rookie (and I don't think he was good in an objective sense his rookie year) as he was in a man scheme that was operating out of a pistol spread system. Gailey went to that because the offensive line was struggling to protect the quarterback. (It's kinda why Thigpen ended up as a starter - our other guys got killed because of incredibly bad pass protection.)

If he hadn't been asked to lose weight I think he would have been just fine last year and no one would be asking questions about his future. But he didn't become untalented overnight. He just hit a bump in the road. I feel the same way about Dwayne Bowe.

It was only 20 lbs. The guy could have lost that much in a single trip to the sauna. It wasn't like he was on the biggest loser show and went from 478 to 191 in two months. And aren't you supposed to be more agile and nimble with a little less weight?

If Albert has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt he can't play left tackle in the NFL (and again I think his rookie year is proof that he can) then I have no problem with taking a left tackle in the first round in 2011.

I guess it's just an individual's perspective. I'd have a hard time passing on guys like Julio Jones, Michael Floyd, Ryan Mallett, Von Miller and the like to pick up a project like Barksdale when we had the chance to get a much higher quality tackle prospect in the 2010 draft.

BossChief
03-15-2010, 01:06 AM
What if Albert doesnt fail and turns out to man the position at a high level for 15 years and we take Berry and he ends up a HOFer?

shit can be twisted many different ways...

Personally, I think we get a real qb in here and Albert looks much better. Cassels problems magnified everyone elses.

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2010, 01:14 AM
I don't think that there was progress.

Honestly, that's because you're a moron. Yes, he didn't play that well against Buffalo. But he didn't give up a sack, and he played well enough for the offense to average well over 400 yards a game over the last month. That didn't happen by accident.

Why do you think he shut down Elvis Dumervil, the league-leading sacker? He made TREMENDOUS improvement compared to the beginning of the year.

It was only 20 lbs.
Actually, no, it was 40 pounds.

I'd have a hard time passing on guys like Julio Jones, Michael Floyd, Ryan Mallett, Von Miller and the like to pick up a project like Barksdale when we had the chance to get a much higher quality tackle prospect in the 2010 draft.You don't draft Okung unless you're absolutely sure Albert is a bust. Right now there's a very good chance he isn't.

Gailey went to that because the offensive line was struggling to protect the quarterback.

No, he went to the pistol because that's all Thigpen could play in.

Albert played well before the pistol.

Fish
03-15-2010, 01:17 AM
You don't draft Okung unless you're absolutely sure Albert is a bust. Right now there's a very good chance he isn't.

SaccoOkung has already stated that he'd rather draft the 3rd rated OT than take Clausen, Berry, or McCoy at #5.

His opinion is obscured by retardation...

BryanBusby
03-15-2010, 01:25 AM
Okung is only the 3rd best OT in the draft now? Are you the Todd McShay of CP?

Fish
03-15-2010, 01:30 AM
Okung is only the 3rd best OT in the draft now? Are you the Todd McShay of CP?

No dumbshit. I meant that literally. He has stated that if Okung and Buluga are both off the board when we pick, he'd expect the Chiefs to take Trent Williams at #5 instead of Clausen, Berry, or McCoy.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=224745

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2010, 01:35 AM
Hey, why not? If Albert can play left tackle we can always move Bulaga or Williams to right tackle. LOL

BryanBusby
03-15-2010, 01:39 AM
No dumbshit. I meant that literally. He has stated that if Okung and Buluga are both off the board when we pick, he'd expect the Chiefs to take Trent Williams at #5 instead of Clausen, Berry, or McCoy.

Oh haha, my cynicism was wanting me to have a shred of hope that nobody would actually believe that.

Trent Williams at 5? What the christ?

E: Ugh, Trent Williams?!?

BossChief
03-15-2010, 01:40 AM
he also said he would be ok with drafting a right tackle at 5 even if he KNEW he was only gonna play rt.

Am I the only one that notices that CoMo doesnt post much anymore, but sac does?

I think that is more than coincedence...

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2010, 01:41 AM
he also said he would be ok with drafting a right tackle at 5 even if he KNEW he was only gonna play rt.

Well hell we should have drafted a right tackle last year. ROFL

Saccopoo

It was a hypothetical thrown out for discussion.

If you look at my mock in the Draft Planet, I have the Chiefs taking Berry, who I hope they take if Okung is off the board.

However, if Okung is on the board, I think that they would be remiss not to take him with the #5 pick.

BryanBusby
Now that is a true fan

Fish
03-15-2010, 01:43 AM
Oh haha, my cynicism was wanting me to have a shred of hope that nobody would actually believe that.

Trent Williams at 5? What the christ?

E: Ugh, Trent Williams?!?

Exactly. Who the fuck is Trent Williams at #5?

He basically said that drafting Trent Williams this year is safer than giving Albert another year and possibly having to spend whatever 1st rd pick we have next year on an OT.

I also am having a hard time looking at the Chiefs not taking a tackle at this point either.
I wouldn't be shocked if Williams was the Chiefs pick in this scenario.

He's special ed...

BossChief
03-15-2010, 01:49 AM
Whats even more hilarious is that Trent Williams is almost unanimously thought of as a right tackle in the NFL, but is supposed to upgrade left tackle over Albert.

Saccopoo
03-15-2010, 01:52 AM
He basically said that drafting Trent Williams this year is safer than giving Albert another year and possibly having to spend whatever 1st rd pick we have next year on an OT.

Did I? Did I really say that?

Originally Posted by Saccopoo
I also am having a hard time looking at the Chiefs not taking a tackle at this point either.
I wouldn't be shocked if Williams was the Chiefs pick in this scenario.

Nope. I didn't. But thanks for proving that I didn't and proving that you are borderline illiterate.

BryanBusby
03-15-2010, 01:54 AM
Whats even more hilarious is that Trent Williams is almost unanimously thought of as a right tackle in the NFL, but is supposed to upgrade left tackle over Albert.

I think Williams has the most potential in the NFL as a LT right out the gate if you could get him to play at his full potential every snap. That's a pretty huge if though.

I wouldn't take that gamble though at 5.

E: Whoops, forgot to add in after Okung to that. Okung is clearly the top

Saccopoo
03-15-2010, 01:55 AM

I don't know if that would classify as "hilarious" but I'd like to see where it's universally accepted that Williams is a right tackle only in the NFL. Examples please.

Fish
03-15-2010, 01:57 AM
Did I? Did I really say that?

Nope. I didn't. But thanks for proving that I didn't and proving that you are borderline illiterate.

Yeah... It's your moronic quote bud. Call me illiterate when every word is exactly what you posted.

I'll help you, it's the last part of this post, click here: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6596856&postcount=12

Saccopoo
03-15-2010, 02:07 AM
Yeah... It's your moronic quote bud. Call me illiterate when every word is exactly what you posted.

I'll help you, it's the last part of this post, click here: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6596856&postcount=12

And where did I say that "drafting Trent Williams this year is safer than giving Albert another year and possibly having to spend whatever 1st rd pick we have next year on an OT.?" (Your words, not mine.)

I'll give you a clue - I didn't. So I fail to see where every word that describes me saying "drafting Williams this year is safer than giving Albert another year and possibly having to spend whatever 1st round pick we have next year on an OT."

I said I wouldn't be surprised to see the Chiefs draft Williams even with Okung and Bulaga off the board. That's not me saying I hope they do. It's me saying that I wouldn't be surprised if something like that happened.

If you are unable to intelligibly read a post, I'd suggest refraining from attempting to subsequently interpret such a post.

Fish
03-15-2010, 02:14 AM
I said I wouldn't be surprised to see the Chiefs draft Williams even with Okung and Bulaga off the board.

Exactly.

Saccopoo
03-15-2010, 02:21 AM
Exactly.

Are you drunk or high or something right now?

BossChief
03-15-2010, 02:26 AM
I don't know if that would classify as "hilarious" but I'd like to see where it's universally accepted that Williams is a right tackle only in the NFL. Examples please.

I just think its hilarious that you would even suggest drafting a guy top 5 that has only played one year of LT, and struggled mightily at it, to replace Albert that has done well in developing into a good left tackle in the NFL.

Find me a scouting report that doesnt say he had a bad senior year (which was his first at LT since Loadholt used to man the position for them) Shit, Loadholt isnt even a left tackle in the pros.

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2010, 02:35 AM
Whatever happens, either Saccogoo is going to look really smart and a whole bunch of us are going to look dumb, or vice versa.

Should be interesting.

Pushead2
03-15-2010, 02:39 AM
these threads make me sad :(

Saccopoo
03-15-2010, 02:40 AM
I just think its hilarious that you would even suggest drafting a guy top 5 that has only played one year of LT, and struggled mightily at it, to replace Albert that has done well in developing into a good left tackle in the NFL.

You're an idiot. I get that. For both you and the other idiot, for the last time, I never suggested that the Chiefs draft him. I wouldn't be surprised if they did, but I'm not suggesting that they do. However, if the stupid people think it's a bad idea, then I might actually be inclined to think he'll be okay. (Ever see the movie "Let It Ride?" If I was a GM, I'd come on this board to see who everyone hated and made sure that was the guy who would be #1 on my draft board.)

Find me a scouting report that doesnt say he had a bad senior year (which was his first at LT since Loadholt used to man the position for them) Shit, Loadholt isnt even a left tackle in the pros.

And why would I care to do this? I know he didn't have a very good senior season. I'm not advocating that the Chiefs pick the guy. However, I'm not so mind-numbingly stupid as not to realize that it's not out of the realm of possibility that they would potentially consider him at the #5 pick, especially if Okung or Bulaga were off the board.

BossChief
03-15-2010, 03:08 AM
I dont know why I waste my time with Sac anymore...dude is clown shoes.

He said in his thread that we should take Trent Williams over Berry. Nuff said.

Saccopoo
03-15-2010, 03:29 AM
I dont know why I waste my time with Sac anymore...dude is clown shoes.

He said in his thread that we should take Trent Williams over Berry. Nuff said.

http://theanteheroes.com/Humor/MassFacepalm.jpg

BossChief
03-15-2010, 03:36 AM
sucks when words are put in your mouth and you are the that is the target of intellectual dishonesty, doesn't it...it was done for a reason.

here is your post.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6596964&postcount=17

Now, I know you threw out a disclaimer a few posts later that you arent advocating it, but to suggest it alone IS advocating it.

Nice facepalm pic though, its enjoyable!

Is that optimus prime above Hank Hill?

Tribal Warfare
03-15-2010, 04:06 AM
Is that optimus prime above Hank Hill?

It's Rodimus Prime, the second leader and keeper of the Matrix after Optimus died in the animated movie.

Saccopoo
03-15-2010, 04:19 AM
sucks when words are put in your mouth and you are the that is the target of intellectual dishonesty, doesn't it...it was done for a reason.

Could I possibly get a translation on this? Anyone?

here is your post.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6596964&postcount=17

Now, I know you threw out a disclaimer a few posts later that you arent advocating it, but to suggest it alone IS advocating it.

BigRock
03-15-2010, 04:21 AM
“Branden is another core guy in some fashion for us,” Haley said, acknowledging the uncertainty over Albert’s position.

I can't believe GoChiefs is all over this thread without calling Teicher out on the carpet here.

The entire bit about Albert is lifted from Haley's press conference back in January after the Denver game. None of it is new. Teicher is just recycling quotes.

GoChiefs, didn't you write an article about Albert pointing out how Haley used that same "in some fashion" phrase in the very same press conference when speaking about Tamba or somebody? Which would clearly suggest that it's meaningless to read anything into those words.

Yet here's Teicher claiming those words "acknowledge the uncertainty over Albert's position".

Embarrassing.

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2010, 04:30 AM
Michael Ash wrote that article.

I actually read that and thought he WASN'T recycling quotes. But I haven't heard about any press conferences. But if he is, then that is pretty lame.

This Albert to guard (or right tackle, which is completely ignorant) thing is the worst bit of misinformation being spread around this offseason.

oaklandhater
03-15-2010, 04:48 AM
It's Rodimus Prime, the second leader and keeper of the Matrix after Optimus died in the animated movie.

You guys are both wrong Its IronHide From the G1 he died in the movie

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0qBM9kyAqhs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0qBM9kyAqhs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

BossChief
03-15-2010, 04:50 AM
Could I possibly get a translation on this? Anyone?

take out the "that is the" and you got it. I'm pretty sure you knew that and are grasping at anything at this point even typos to make your non existant point.

:rolleyes:

BigRock
03-15-2010, 05:00 AM
I actually read that and thought he WASN'T recycling quotes.

The Albert portion is word-for-word what Haley said in January. The other quotes might not be, I think the Charles portion is from what Haley said at the combine. Still recycled, just not as far back.

donkey_hater
03-15-2010, 08:40 AM
Wait a minute guys......2011=lock-out and we will all be able to get a chance to play at one arrowhead as they will be looking for 53 players off the street again:eek:

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2010, 08:46 AM
Q: So, how many players drafted by Pioli will be crucial to the Chiefs in 2010?

A: One, (Succop) or zero?