PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Lilja to be signed by Wed per...

the Talking Can
03-15-2010, 08:57 AM
nick wright

there you go

Brock
03-15-2010, 08:59 AM
to the tunaboat

Marco Polo
03-15-2010, 08:59 AM
Depth. It's what's for dinner.

Pushead2
03-15-2010, 09:00 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/sword003/yay.jpg

Mr. Flopnuts
03-15-2010, 09:00 AM
To the bingo hall!

stevieray
03-15-2010, 09:01 AM
to the battleship game.

Delano
03-15-2010, 09:03 AM
Print 'em!!!!

(Keep it simple, stupids.)
Posted via Mobile Device

cmh6476
so...

LT Albert
LG Waters
C Weigmann
RG Lilja

and we need a RT :shrug:

siberian khatru
To the drawing-PT boats-on-lined-notebook-paper-during-class-in-fourth-grade!

stevieray
03-15-2010, 09:04 AM
To the drawing-PT boats-on-lined-notebook-paper-during-class-in-fourth-grade!with machine guns!

CoMoChief
03-15-2010, 09:05 AM
so...

LT Albert
LG Waters
C Weigmann
RG Lilja

Okung FTW!!!!!!!!

siberian khatru
03-15-2010, 09:06 AM
with machine guns!

With dashes coming out of them to represent bullets!

stevieray
03-15-2010, 09:07 AM
With dashes coming out of them to represent bullets!drawn with a red bic!

Frazod
03-15-2010, 09:07 AM
Sure would have been nice if we'd had him before he had trouble passing a physical.

Oh wait.... :spock:

-King-
03-15-2010, 09:09 AM
Dante84, you got some "splaining to do.
Posted via Mobile Device

siberian khatru
03-15-2010, 09:09 AM
drawn with a red bic!

Now, see, you're getting artsy-fartsy on me.

All I had was a No. 2 pencil. That had to account for planes, ships, tanks, water, smoke, fire, guns, bullets and blood.

keg in kc
03-15-2010, 09:10 AM
Sometimes bubblegum is all you have to plug the hole in the submarine.

Fish
Eye of the Tiger should start playing when you click on this thread....

PhillyChiefFan
To the drawing-PT boats-on-lined-notebook-paper-during-class-in-fourth-grade!

firing a torpedo with a sharkface on it!

DMAC
03-15-2010, 09:12 AM
so...

LT Albert
LG Waters
C Weigmann
RG Lilja

and we need a RT :shrug:It just seems right to bring Tait back.

stevieray
03-15-2010, 09:13 AM

All I had was a No. 2 pencil. That had to account for planes, ships, tanks, water, smoke, fire, guns, bullets and blood...I had tan IBM pencils, when everyone else had school bus yellow..gave me a sense of superiority..so I drew jeeps going over cliffs

Dante84
03-15-2010, 09:16 AM
Dante84, you got some "splaining to do.
Posted via Mobile Device

Again, this wasn't a certainty. Just a very strong opinion from a VERY close source to the individual. Like, Very.

If Wright is right, this means that Seattle most likely passed, or Chiefs are coughing up more scrill.

Just reportin' the facts as I get em.

Dante84
03-15-2010, 09:24 AM
And by the way, guys, he is SMALL. Like, lost probably 60-70 lbs since I last saw him. Still strong as all get out, but he did not look like an NFL lineman.

HypnotizedMonkey
03-15-2010, 09:24 AM
to the giant Waterworld raft!

TRR
03-15-2010, 09:28 AM
And by the way, guys, he is SMALL. Like, lost probably 60-70 lbs since I last saw him. Still strong as all get out, but he did not look like an NFL lineman.

Lilja was only a tad over 300 pounds. So your saying that Lilja is now 230ish?
Posted via Mobile Device

Count Zarth
03-15-2010, 09:30 AM
Carl is nodding.

Pestilence
03-15-2010, 09:40 AM
From the oldest team....to the youngest. Now we're headed back to being the oldest team again.

spanky 52
03-15-2010, 09:41 AM
Is this an act of desperation due to losing Smith and Alleman and whiffing on Fraley in FA or do the Chief's think he can play rg? I hope this isn't a replay of Mike Goff at rg.

pr_capone
03-15-2010, 09:43 AM
From the oldest team....to the youngest. Now we're headed back to being the oldest team again.

Yup. 28 is the new 50.

:shake:

Mr. Flopnuts
03-15-2010, 09:45 AM
I'll reserve judgment until A. He's signed. B. He starts, and then C. He continues starting after showing he can't perform.

-King-
03-15-2010, 09:45 AM

He's 28.... :spock:

ChiTown
03-15-2010, 09:46 AM
Umm, why is creating more depth at a position of need such a bad thing. TIA

-King-
03-15-2010, 09:46 AM
I'll reserve judgment until A. He's signed. B. He starts, and then C. He continues starting after showing he can't perform.

Yup. I have to see how he plays away from Peyton Manning's offense.

On a side note, I didn't know Weis ran a zone blocking scheme in NE.

JD10367
03-15-2010, 09:48 AM

You should have put, A1. He's signed. and A2. The contract details are revealed.

Fish
03-15-2010, 09:48 AM

Yeah... we'd never do something like that... [cough]Mike Goff[cough]

Mr. Flopnuts
03-15-2010, 09:50 AM

That's the only reason the red flags are even up. If that whole fiasco hadn't gone down, I'd be pretty optimistic about this whole thing.

-King-
03-15-2010, 09:52 AM
That's the only reason the red flags are even up. If that whole fiasco hadn't gone down, I'd be pretty optimistic about this whole thing.

I just really want to know why he failed that physical. If it's serious or not.

Detoxing
03-15-2010, 09:54 AM

IF he failed the physical. It's a rumor, even though everyone wants to treat it like it's factual. I'll reserve judgement till he's in camp. Call me a homer if you have to.

Pestilence
03-15-2010, 09:54 AM
He's 28.... :spock:

I'm 29 and I consider myself old.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-15-2010, 09:55 AM
Reading this board, I feel like I should be collecting social security at the ripe old age of 32.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-15-2010, 09:56 AM

Has that been confirmed? I mean, why would Indy cut him? At the same point, I'll need to see something before I assume it happened.

JD10367
Reading this board, I feel like I should be collecting social security at the ripe old age of 32.

Is there an age poll here? I thought I saw one.

I'm 42. Sometimes I feel 142. Others, I feel the same as I always did. But mentally I'm still 12, if that counts for anything.

Dante84
Not 230.... but id be surprised if he weighed more than 260, 270 MAX. I embellished with my original guess of 60 or 70 lbs.
Posted via Mobile Device

brorth
03-15-2010, 09:57 AM

All I had was a No. 2 pencil. That had to account for planes, ships, tanks, water, smoke, fire, guns, bullets and blood.

Air Support was a must.

ChiTown
03-15-2010, 09:57 AM
I'm 29 and I consider myself old.

I also don't consider you a Pro Athlete. No offense.

-King-
03-15-2010, 09:58 AM
Has that been confirmed? I mean, why would Indy cut him? At the same point, I'll need to see something before I assume it happened.

No one knows. But that's the story everyone's running with here so....

-King-

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Pestilence

No offense? I don't either....lol.

Unlike most high school athletes....I realized that I didn't have the talent needed to play football in college.

JD10367
03-15-2010, 09:59 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/sword003/yay.jpg

I love that cat.

Could've used this one, too.

http://tomasf.se/etc/huzzah.jpg

Or, for some people here, this one.

http://solastyear.com/huzzah.jpg

Saccopoo
03-15-2010, 10:02 AM

I'd be more curious as to why Indianapolis was comfortable in signing Alleman to be his replacement or at least take his roster spot.

I'm not so sure I'm thrilled about bringing in the guy who lost his spot to Andy Alleman to replace Andy Alleman on our roster.

DaWolf
03-15-2010, 10:03 AM
Being the youngest team is great when you win. Six wins and two seasons later, not so much...

LaChapelle
03-15-2010, 10:33 AM
The dew is off the Lija?

Detoxing
03-15-2010, 10:35 AM

Damn dude. I saw a walker for sale yesterday for only 15 bucks. Want me to to UPS it to ya, old man? hehe j/k.

DJ's left nut
03-15-2010, 10:39 AM

Could be worse, we could have a young, starting caliber player in his slot that we cut in order to make room for him, then continue to play him all season without the help of a season ending injury [cough]Mike Brown[cough]

TRR
03-15-2010, 10:40 AM
Not 230.... but id be surprised if he weighed more than 260, 270 MAX. I embellished with my original guess of 60 or 70 lbs.
Posted via Mobile Device

If Lilja is 270, then he is only down 20 or so pounds. A lot of times doctor's will suggest losing weight to help restructured knees. They can then put on the weight slowly so the restructured knee can get used to it gradually...
Posted via Mobile Device

58-4ever
03-15-2010, 10:44 AM
It would be pretty nice to get Trent Williams in the 2nd after taking Berry in the first.

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2010, 10:47 AM
TO THE ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON - ER, I MEAN, THE SHIP!

KCtotheSB
03-15-2010, 10:48 AM
Added depth and an outside chance at being an okay starter on an offensive line that was a festering shithole for much of the 2009 season?

BAH GAWD.....KILL PIOLI!@!11!@!@12!@12!#3QATQARTGAFGA

DJ's left nut
03-15-2010, 10:52 AM
Much like Weigmann, I just don't care about this signing.

My guess is that protecting Cassel will show that Lilja wasn't ever that great a player and losing him to the Colts wasn't really the travesty most believe. Peyton Manning made his o-line, AFAIC. With Cassel back there holding the ball for 6 seconds while hoping the CB falls down and the safety has a heart attack, our line is going to take the lions share of the blame again next season. Lilja will be the face of much of that supposed failure.

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2010, 10:55 AM

My guess is that protecting Cassel will show that Lilja wasn't ever that great a player and losing him to the Colts wasn't really the travesty most believe. Peyton Manning made his o-line, AFAIC. With Cassel back there holding the ball for 6 seconds while hoping the CB falls down and the safety has a heart attack, our line is going to take the lions share of the blame again next season. Lilja will be the face of much of that supposed failure.

ESTO.

keg in kc
03-15-2010, 10:57 AM

My guess is that protecting Cassel will show that Lilja wasn't ever that great a player and losing him to the Colts wasn't really the travesty most believe. Peyton Manning made his o-line, AFAIC. With Cassel back there holding the ball for 6 seconds while hoping the CB falls down and the safety has a heart attack, our line is going to take the lions share of the blame again next season. Lilja will be the face of much of that supposed failure.So essentially you're suggesting that only signed Lilja so they have an excuse next year when Cassel fails? So they really think that deep down Cassel sucks, but instead of fixing the o-line, or fixing the quarterback, or fixing them both, they instead hire another player they also secretly think sucks, so he can suck, and then they can blame the one guy's suck on the other guy's suck?

pr_capone
03-15-2010, 10:58 AM
So essentially you're suggesting that only signed Lilja so they have an excuse next year when Cassel fails? So they really think that deep down Cassel sucks, but instead of fixing the o-line, or fixing the quarterback, or fixing them both, they instead hire another player they also secretly think sucks, so he can suck, and then they can blame the one guy's suck on the other guy's suck?

that would be a vortex of suckitude.

keg in kc
03-15-2010, 11:04 AM
that would be a vortex of suckitude.A sucknado? Or maybe a sucklone?

RedThat
03-15-2010, 11:10 AM
lol

you guys make me laugh

DJ's left nut
03-15-2010, 11:12 AM
So essentially you're suggesting that only signed Lilja so they have an excuse next year when Cassel fails? So they really think that deep down Cassel sucks, but instead of fixing the o-line, or fixing the quarterback, or fixing them both, they instead hire another player they also secretly think sucks, so he can suck, and then they can blame the one guy's suck on the other guy's suck?

Uh...maybe?

No, I'm saying that Lilja wasn't ever a great player. I'm saying he'll be a roughly average player here. I'm saying that Cassel is a piece of shit ©.

Ultimately the fans will probably blame the O-line again and Lilja will be this season's Albert. He'll be a guy that does his job well enough, but will get scapegoated by a bunch of dumbass truefans. Afterall, he's the guy that made the triumphant return, he should've fixed everything.

JD10367
03-15-2010, 11:13 AM
A sucknado? Or maybe a sucklone?

If I could sucklone, I'd never leave the house.

Mr. Laz
03-15-2010, 11:16 AM
so...

LT Albert
LG Waters
C Weigmann
RG Lilja

O'callaghan and draftee compete

despite what some people say, O'callaghan did improve last year and wasn't terrible.

Shox
03-15-2010, 11:21 AM
Uh...maybe?

No, I'm saying that Lilja wasn't ever a great player. I'm saying he'll be a roughly average player here. I'm saying that Cassel is a piece of shit ©.

Ultimately the fans will probably blame the O-line again and Lilja will be this season's Albert. He'll be a guy that does his job well enough, but will get scapegoated by a bunch of dumbass truefans. Afterall, he's the guy that made the triumphant return, he should've fixed everything.

Oh, so you are saying our Oline was great this year and it was just cassel fault. My eyes must be deceiving me because I saw an Oline who was totally dominated most of the time. I must give them credit they got a little better as the season went on, but most of that was from the soft 2nd half schedule and Charles making them look a lot better by making guys miss.

Oline sucked a lot worse than Cassel. I'm not saying Cassel is going to be a great QB, but he had little to help him.

keg in kc
03-15-2010, 11:24 AM
Maybe Lilja's signed to backup Colin Brown.

Mr. Laz
03-15-2010, 11:26 AM
Maybe Lilja's signed to backup Colin Brown.
just another guy in the mix to give options and provide depth

is Brown healthy?

DJ's left nut
03-15-2010, 11:27 AM
Oh, so you are saying our Oline was great this year and it was just cassel fault. My eyes must be deceiving me because I saw an Oline who was totally dominated most of the time. I must give them credit they got a little better as the season went on, but most of that was from the soft 2nd half schedule and Charles making them look a lot better by making guys miss.

Oline sucked a lot worse than Cassel. I'm not saying Cassel is going to be a great QB, but he had little to help him.

If you've missed the novels that have been written on this board that unquestionably debunk this whole "cassel was bad because of his line" myth, I'd advise you search the archives.

So as is my new stated policy regarding this dumbass line of 'debate':

Matt Cassel is a piece of shit ©

KC kid
03-15-2010, 11:30 AM
Our line is so petite

keg in kc
03-15-2010, 11:30 AM
just another guy in the mix to give options and provide depth

is Brown healthy?I don't know.

keg in kc
03-15-2010, 11:38 AM
If you've missed the novels that have been written on this board that unquestionably debunk this whole "cassel was bad because of his line" myth, I'd advise you search the archives.

Matt Cassel is a piece of shit ©The fault with that entire debate is the idea that "Cassel sucks" or "the line sucks" have to be mutually exclusive concepts, on whichever side of the argument you fall. As in it's possible for the line to be complete shit (it was) at the same that time that Cassel is complete shit (he was).

Detoxing
03-15-2010, 11:41 AM

Matt Cassel is a piece of shit ©

Ya, know, I can't recall ever watching Cassel set his protections. I watch good QB's do it, but never Cassel. Maybe im just not paying enough attention?

I don't recall watching Cassel ever really step up into the pocket either. I saw Brodie Croyle do it against the Ravens D though. Am I not paying attention?

Or is it because Cassel sucks?

Mr. Laz
03-15-2010, 11:50 AM
Ya, know, I can't recall ever watching Cassel set his protections. I watch good QB's do it, but never Cassel. Maybe im just not paying enough attention? That's because we fully switched offensive schemes and spent half the season installing a new offense. Hard to check to blitzes etc when everyone doesn't even know the offense yet. Not only did we change schemes but we played rotating Olineman and Wide receivers so that nobody was every on the same page until the end of the season ... when remarkably we got a little better. Imagine that.

I don't recall watching Cassel ever really step up into the pocket either. I saw Brodie Croyle do it against the Ravens D though. Am I not paying attention?

Or is it because Cassel sucks?it's hard to step up into the pocket when your worse offensive lineman is your center. Rudy Niswanger got pushed back so fast that the defender almost beat Cassel to the drop step point. :doh!:

KCDC
03-15-2010, 11:55 AM
One side note to this Lilja signing is that it is surprising that the Redskins have not attempted to sign Fraley, Lilja, or anyone other than the Packers FA that resigned with the team.

With the retirement of Chris Samuels, their line is worse than ours. How does this effect the Chiefs? Well, maybe it is more an indication that the Rat plans to draft OL rather than a QB after all (Meaning Clausen falls to the Chiefs, unless the Skins trade down). Otherwise, he has been a fool to not be more aggressive in signing whatever veteranns might be a stop gap for his new QB. Alternatively, he drafts QB and hopes that it is Campbell that is injured instead.

DJ's left nut
03-15-2010, 12:02 PM
Ya, know, I can't recall ever watching Cassel set his protections. I watch good QB's do it, but never Cassel. Maybe im just not paying enough attention?

Or is it because Cassel sucks?

Matt Cassel is hell on offensive lines for precisely those reasons.

He doesn't step up. He gets happy feet and falls down. And now that you mention it, no, I don't see him set protections (but that could be because the offense doesn't allow him to do so).

If I'm an offensive lineman, there is no QB in the league I'd less want to block for than Matt Cassel. Even setting aside the scattershot arm for a minute, he's simply putrid in the pocket.

Ugh...dammit, I've started down the wrong road here...

Matt Cassel is a piece of shit ©.

Chocolate Hog
03-15-2010, 12:04 PM
Hold your horses Nick wrong isn't usually right. I'll believe it when I see it.

Coogs
03-15-2010, 12:07 PM
If I could sucklone, I'd never leave the house.

Swall...

Nevermind

CoMoChief
03-15-2010, 12:17 PM
Croyle > Cassel

I dont know why this team doesn't start the better QB.....at least until he gets hurt LOL.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-15-2010, 01:09 PM
To the bingo hall!

LMAO

http://www.connectseward.org/shs/da1/probAll/period2/ecanning/probProject/yahtzee.jpg

:thumb:

ChiefMojo
03-15-2010, 01:24 PM
We are going petite because we are going to a zone blocking scheme (ala Denver Donkey's of the past). Wiegmann and Lilja both fit the mold for that scheme. You want your OL to be on the lighter side for their ability to play in space and pull. We don't need the big road graders anymore. Herm needed them for his hopeful power running game. Also notice our two main RB's fit the one cut and go attack Denver use to run.

T-post Tom
03-15-2010, 01:26 PM
Chiefs will have to pony up if Lilja has other visits scheduled. The OL free agents are going quick. Lilja's agent knows this.

DeezNutz
03-15-2010, 01:30 PM
So, are we supposed to believe this?

DMAC
03-15-2010, 01:32 PM
So, are we supposed to believe this?If you don't, you're going to hell.

RedThat
03-15-2010, 01:35 PM
If you don't, you're going to hell.

Lilja is not Jesus

DeezNutz
03-15-2010, 01:36 PM
If you don't, you're going to hell.

I'll go the whole hog.

DMAC
03-15-2010, 01:38 PM
Lilja is not JesusAnd Jesus was not Lilja...what's your point?

RedThat
03-15-2010, 01:40 PM
And Jesus was not Lilja...what's your point?

That only if you don't believe in Jesus you're going to hell according to the bible.

DMAC
03-15-2010, 01:42 PM
That only if you don't believe in Jesus you're going to hell according to the bible.I think Bible needs to be capitalized.

JD10367
03-15-2010, 01:42 PM
Lilja is not Jesus

Thanks, now I need to cue up Apocalyptica on my iPod.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PMLsF8ajI6U&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PMLsF8ajI6U&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

keg in kc
03-15-2010, 02:00 PM
it's hard to step up into the pocket when your worse offensive lineman is your center. Rudy Niswanger got pushed back so fast that the defender almost beat Cassel to the drop step point. :doh!:Hell, hard to step up into the pocket when there isn't one. Most of '09, particularly on obvious passing downs, the rushers arrived in the backfield just behind the snap. It was a problem all year, not just early. And despite Charles' statistical explosion in the second half, the run blocking was bad, too. It was uncanny how many of his yards came without any help at all. I don't think it's a coincidence that the one week where he really gets some consistent running lanes, he sets a franchise record.

Now, the thing is, the line did improve. But I think the degree of that improvement really gets overplayed. They didn't start at meh and end up at okay. It was more along the lines of starting at horrible and making it to bad.

None of which excuses Cassel for his own faults. Or anybody else.

The Chiefs in '09 featured collectively the worst line-up of offensive talent I have ever seen. A horrible offensive line "blocking" for a bad quarterback "throwing" the ball to waiver-wire receivers. It was really something to see.

God knows what would have happened if LJ had stayed on the team, excelling at his .3 yards and a cloud of dust style of running, instead of Charles out there repeatedly making something out of nothing.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-15-2010, 02:43 PM
I just got a text from my NFL Sprint app saying Lilja is currently being checked out by the Chiefs.

Ari Chi3fs
03-15-2010, 03:08 PM
To the Casino Chip!!!

Dante84
03-15-2010, 03:59 PM
To the Casino Chip!!!

It's funny because its a gamble.

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-15-2010, 04:05 PM
so...

LT Albert
LG Waters
C Weigmann
RG Lilja

Baaaby Baaaluga!!!!

Pablo
03-15-2010, 04:10 PM
So, are we supposed to believe this?I don't know. Has it made its rounds in the CP Secret E-mail Society yet?

BigRichard
03-15-2010, 04:30 PM
Is the Dane meltdown coming yet?

Mr. Laz
03-15-2010, 04:39 PM
Matt Cassel is hell on offensive lines for precisely those reasons.

He doesn't step up. He gets happy feet and falls down. And now that you mention it, no, I don't see him set protections (but that could be because the offense doesn't allow him to do so).

If I'm an offensive lineman, there is no QB in the league I'd less want to block for than Matt Cassel. Even setting aside the scattershot arm for a minute, he's simply putrid in the pocket.

Ugh...dammit, I've started down the wrong road here...

Matt Cassel is a piece of shit ©.
how in the fuck his is supposed to step up in the pocket with Rudy SucksWanger at center. There wasn't a pocket to step up into.

you would have happy feet too when the pass blocking was so unreliable that you expected to get you head ripped off on any given play.

cassel didn't play well but he has PLENTY of help sucking

Dante84
03-15-2010, 04:56 PM
Baaaby Baaaluga!!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G0rInDa39l8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G0rInDa39l8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TEX
03-15-2010, 05:15 PM
Sure would have been nice if we'd had him before he had trouble passing a physical.

Oh wait.... :spock:

This. And where's the guy we kept instead?:doh!:

milkman
03-15-2010, 08:21 PM
Uh...maybe?

In many ways I agree with you.

There's no question that Cassel made the O-Line look far worse than it was.

However, and bear in mind, there isn't anyone here that supports and roots for Albert more than I, it was plainly obvious that Albert struggled mightily through much of the season, and though he did improve significantly in the latter quarter of teh season, he still has a lot of work to do,

keg in kc
03-15-2010, 10:04 PM
There's no question that Cassel made the O-Line look far worse than it was.Only if he was directing them to let passrushers by untouched while they were all huddled-up before the snap. Otherwise, they were doing an admirable job of looking bad all on their own.

Pitt Gorilla
03-15-2010, 10:50 PM
http://rickmc.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/on-a-boat.jpg

the Talking Can
03-16-2010, 08:08 AM
wright now saying lilja and chiefs can't agree on money....

Chiefnj2
03-16-2010, 08:12 AM
Hell, hard to step up into the pocket when there isn't one. Most of '09, particularly on obvious passing downs, the rushers arrived in the backfield just behind the snap. It was a problem all year, not just early. And despite Charles' statistical explosion in the second half, the run blocking was bad, too. It was uncanny how many of his yards came without any help at all. I don't think it's a coincidence that the one week where he really gets some consistent running lanes, he sets a franchise record.

Now, the thing is, the line did improve. But I think the degree of that improvement really gets overplayed. They didn't start at meh and end up at okay. It was more along the lines of starting at horrible and making it to bad.

None of which excuses Cassel for his own faults. Or anybody else.

The Chiefs in '09 featured collectively the worst line-up of offensive talent I have ever seen. A horrible offensive line "blocking" for a bad quarterback "throwing" the ball to waiver-wire receivers. It was really something to see.

God knows what would have happened if LJ had stayed on the team, excelling at his .3 yards and a cloud of dust style of running, instead of Charles out there repeatedly making something out of nothing.

Exactly.

Cassel gets pounded and very little help from anyone the first 3/4's of the season, and people think that "well he got good protection in week 15, he should be able to immediately step up." Inexperienced QB's don't work that way.

keg in kc
03-16-2010, 08:23 AM
wright now saying lilja and chiefs can't agree on money....LMAO

Shit, how can we fit a dollar sign into Lilja's name?

How about Ryan £ilja? Although I'm not sure anybody but Donger would get the reference.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-16-2010, 08:24 AM
LMAO

How about Ryan £ilja? Although I'm not sure anybody but Donger would get the reference.

Are you saying he's fat?

Shag
03-16-2010, 08:25 AM
LMAO

Donger's the only person who can recognize a pound sign?

keg in kc
03-16-2010, 08:27 AM
Donger's the only person who can recognize a pound sign?Mecca told me to never overestimate the intelligence of true fan.

The Bad Guy
03-16-2010, 08:30 AM

Nick's mom and dad should have agreed on a condom.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-16-2010, 08:32 AM

From what I've seen of the dude, it looks like his parents may be related.

-King-
03-16-2010, 08:32 AM

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

What have you heard about this?
Posted via Mobile Device

The Bad Guy
03-16-2010, 08:33 AM

He's to sports radio what WPI is to sports writing.

He steals ideas, claims they are his own. He throws shit against the wall to see what sticks.

The guy is a fucking hack.

The Bad Guy
03-16-2010, 08:34 AM
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

What have you heard about this?
Posted via Mobile Device

Surprisingly, nothing.

I know they are interested obviously, but they aren't paying him a lot that's for sure.

There is hardly any market for him.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-16-2010, 08:34 AM

He steals ideas, claims they are his own. He throws shit against the wall to see what sticks.

I'm honestly not familiar with the guy at all. I've just seen a picture of him and he looks like the product of incest.

The Bad Guy
03-16-2010, 08:36 AM
I'm honestly not familiar with the guy at all. I've just seen a picture of him and he looks like the product of incest.

Fucking hilarious.

The only reason I'm familiar with him is because when I get info from my source, he always makes fun of Nick Wright and his declarations.

He said that Boldin was a done deal too.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Nick Athan and him are related in some way.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-16-2010, 08:38 AM
Fucking hilarious.

The only reason I'm familiar with him is because when I get info from my source, he always makes fun of Nick Wright and his declarations.

He said that Boldin was a done deal too.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Nick "Assclown" Athan and him are related in some way.

LMAO Like the old Bob Newhart show.

"This is my brother Daryl, and this is my other brother Daryl."

Chiefnj2
03-16-2010, 08:41 AM
I kind of hope they don't sign him. They need to develop/draft a young guy or two. They have two short term bandaids right now with Weigman and Waters, they don't need three.

TRR
03-16-2010, 09:01 AM

Is Lilja still in KC I wonder?? I think this signing would definitely help the depth of their line.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRedChief
03-16-2010, 09:15 AM

The guy is a ****ing hack.They would fall off their chairs if they knew who "the source" was. They'd never guess in a million years.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-16-2010, 09:17 AM
They would fall off their chairs if they knew who "the source" was. They'd never guess in a million years.

Are you talking about your source?

Red Beans
03-16-2010, 09:32 AM

I think his Dad declared for the 2010 draft...

DaneMcCloud
03-16-2010, 10:29 AM
Surprisingly, nothing.

I know they are interested obviously, but they aren't paying him a lot that's for sure.

There is hardly any market for him.

How can this be? I've been told by the resident geniouses that he's awesome.

LMAO

Mr. Flopnuts
03-16-2010, 10:32 AM
I literally don't care if they sign Lilja or not. Either they'll get him for the right price and little risk, or they'll let him walk.

With the signings this team has made this off season I have much more trust in them to do the right thing here.

My views are shifting toward this front office.

nychief
03-16-2010, 10:46 AM
I'd take Lilja at the right price... we shouldn't break the bank for a pedestrian guard... remember they are replacing this guy with Allenman.

Chiefnj2
03-16-2010, 10:47 AM
Didn't he flunk his physical with the Colts?

Frosty
03-16-2010, 10:53 AM
With the signings this team has made this off season I have much more trust in them to do the right thing here.

Pioli ball washer. :cuss:

:p

Jerm
03-16-2010, 11:23 AM
Soren Petro just posted on Twitter that we've signed Lilja.
Posted via Mobile Device

BryanBusby
03-16-2010, 11:26 AM
Posted via Mobile Device
THE. DEAL. IS. DONE.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-16-2010, 11:27 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Link?

Mr. Flopnuts
03-16-2010, 11:28 AM
Link?

http://twitter.com/TheprogramKC

Chocolate Hog
03-16-2010, 12:18 PM
They would fall off their chairs if they knew who "the source" was. They'd never guess in a million years.

It's Kevin Keitzman.

BigRedChief
03-16-2010, 01:08 PM
Are you talking about your source?Yes

soopamanluva
03-16-2010, 08:05 PM
Looks like nick was right

MoreLemonPledge
03-16-2010, 08:36 PM

He was right.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-16-2010, 08:40 PM
Yes

Interesting.

milkman
03-16-2010, 08:45 PM
how in the **** his is supposed to step up in the pocket with Rudy SucksWanger at center. There wasn't a pocket to step up into.

you would have happy feet too when the pass blocking was so unreliable that you expected to get you head ripped off on any given play.

cassel didn't play well but he has PLENTY of help sucking

Your point has merit.

However, the problem described by DJ's left nut is one that he had in New England, so as bad as Niswanger is, Cassel simply magnified his suckage.

milkman
03-16-2010, 08:47 PM
Only if he was directing them to let passrushers by untouched while they were all huddled-up before the snap. Otherwise, they were doing an admirable job of looking bad all on their own.

I'm sorry keg, but the line issues, while bad, are being overstated by a lot of people here, including you.

milkman
03-16-2010, 08:50 PM
I literally don't care if they sign Lilja or not. Either they'll get him for the right price and little risk, or they'll let him walk.

Jones was a nice acquisition, but after that......meh....

I really haven't seen anything to make me start to shift my opinion.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-21-2010, 05:27 PM
Jones was a nice acquisition, but after that......meh....

I really haven't seen anything to make me start to shift my opinion.

Well, to beat a dead donkey and happily so, it's all the linemen pickups in FA that are giving me a little breathing space in regards to the upcoming draft, regardless of whether those linemen can help Cassel or not.

A brick wall can't fix stupid, and we need...well...we just NEED.:D