PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Dorsey to the Rams for Carriker + 2nd Rounder?

wazimo
03-15-2010, 11:00 AM
I just heard on Nick Wright that this trade is a possibility. What do you think? I really like Carriker coming out of college and Dorsey does not seem to fit in our system for the $ he is being paid.

tyton75
03-15-2010, 11:04 AM
I'd be ok with it, but I'm not completely ready to give up on Dorsey.. I'm really wanting to see what he can do in his 3rd year

-King-
03-15-2010, 11:05 AM
Bad trade IMO. Carriker wouldn't fit in our system either. Dorsey will be fine.

L.A. Chieffan
03-15-2010, 11:05 AM
One of the few Dorsey trades I might consider but would Carriker be much more different?

tyton75
03-15-2010, 11:07 AM
aren't the Rams running a 3-4 now?

TRR
03-15-2010, 11:07 AM
I think I would make the trade if it were the Rams 2nd rounder this year. Carriker is a prototypical 3-4 DE at 6'6 and 300 pounds. Plus, KC could then parlay back into this years first round with 3 2nd round picks.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Bad Guy
03-15-2010, 11:08 AM
Nick Wright is a liar. He got that off the ESPN insider comments section where a reader mentioned it. It was just a shot in the dark suggestion.

What a scum he is.

-King-
03-15-2010, 11:08 AM
aren't the Rams running a 3-4 now?

I don't think so.

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2010, 11:12 AM
Ha. Nick Wright is funny.

I would support that trade, though. Getting an IDEAL 3-4 DE, PLUS a high 2nd? Good way to cut our losses with Dorsey and get a little reward.

JD10367
03-15-2010, 11:13 AM
IIRC Dorsey went 5th, Carriker 13th in the same draft. I suppose, pre-draft, you would be willing to move from 5 to 13 for someone 2nd-rounder, no? (I don't have a handy draft-value chart around.)

I love 2nd rounders. So does Bill Belichick. So does Scott Pioli. You get pretty decent talent in the 2nd round but don't have to pay those 1st-round prices. The Pats have three 2s this year. :thumb:

LaChapelle
That's pretty wild
people admit to listening to Nick Wright

Molitoth
Thats not a bad trade really. It could be worse.

talastan
03-15-2010, 11:14 AM
If this were to happen, would St. Louis still go for Suh or would they try and get a QB? Could you imagine their D-line with both Suh and Dorsey on it. I don't want to give up on Dorsey yet though. I think he was really fitting into his role this last season.

mcaj22
03-15-2010, 11:16 AM
I know nothing about Carriker other than he is a monster in Madden 2010, where as Glenn Dorsey sucks in the game. So going by the talent evaluators at EA Sports, this is a good deal.

Chiefs=Good
03-15-2010, 11:18 AM
This trade is reasonable, but it still scares me.. Its not like Dorsey was struggling too much with the transition to 3-4 end and his potential is still too great imo to give up on him yet.

Chiefs=Good
03-15-2010, 11:19 AM
I know nothing about Carriker other than he is a monster in Madden 2010, where as Glenn Dorsey sucks in the game. So going by the talent evaluators at EA Sports, this is a good deal.

Really? DO IT SCOTT!1!!!!11

JD10367
03-15-2010, 11:20 AM
This trade is reasonable, but it still scares me.. Its not like Dorsey was struggling too much with the transition to 3-4 end and his potential is still too great imo to give up on him yet.

How good? We talkin' Bo Jackson Tecmo Bowl good?

The Bad Guy
03-15-2010, 11:22 AM
If this were to happen, would St. Louis still go for Suh or would they try and get a QB? Could you imagine their D-line with both Suh and Dorsey on it. I don't want to give up on Dorsey yet though. I think he was really fitting into his role this last season.

They'd get a QB. They just signed Fred Robbins from the Giants.

Hoover
03-15-2010, 11:24 AM
then we take a McCoy?

The Bad Guy
03-15-2010, 11:27 AM
then we take a McCoy?

For what? He's not a nose tackle.

Chiefs=Good
03-15-2010, 11:27 AM
How good? We talkin' Bo Jackson Tecmo Bowl good?

Think Okoye Tecmo Bowl Good. he could be that good!

DaWolf
03-15-2010, 11:30 AM
Nick Wright is a liar. He got that off the ESPN insider comments section where a reader mentioned it. It was just a shot in the dark suggestion.

What a scum he is.

It's also on the ESPN NFC West Blog, from a reader question (so yeah, there's really no basis for this outside of fan speculation):
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/15507/mailbag-chiefs-rams-trade-idea
Tom from Orange County, Calif., writes: Mike, longtime Rams fan. Thanks for the coverage. Trade question for you: What do you think about Adam Carriker and the 33rd pick to Kansas City for Glenn Dorsey? Both players have not lived up to expectations and are playing out of position. Each could use a change of scenery.

Dorsey gives the Rams the potential game-changing tackle that they need, and justifies the Sam Bradford pick at No. 1. Carriker gives Kansas City the end the Chiefs need in the 3-4, and what is turning out to be a very valuable 33rd pick. Thanks for taking the question.

Mike Sando: Good thinking, Tom. I don't know if the Rams would value Dorsey high enough to make that move, but if they thought he could basically be close to Ndamukong Suh or Gerald McCoy, why not? The quick reaction would be to dismiss any such comparisons, claiming Suh and McCoy are much better prospects. But a lot of prospects look better before they line up against NFL players week after week. Dorsey was considered a top-five talent when he entered the draft.

Here is what Scouts Inc. said about Dorsey when he was coming out of college:

"A squatty defensive tackle prospect with a thick build and very good quickness. Anticipates the snap well, explodes out of his stance and generally will win one-on-one battles with his initial burst. He plays with a non-stop motor. Stays active, using swim and rip moves to get off of blocks when necessary. Displays good upper-body power and the ability to knock linemen back on their heels with initial pop. Does a fine job of locating the ball once he's in the backfield and flashes good change-of-direction skills for his position. A powerful tackler when he can line up a hit. Also does a better job of taking on blocks in the run game than he gets credit for. He can be washed out by some bigger OL, but generally does a good job of staying low and holding his ground when asked to."

Durability concerns were singled out as the primary weakness. Dorsey has played in 31 of 32 games with the Chiefrs, starting 30 of them. The Scouts Inc. report said Dorsey would fit best in a one-gap scheme that would allow him to get upfield and disrupt offenses. The Rams are running that type of scheme. The Chiefs are not. You're right in suggesting that Carriker could fit better at end in a 3-4 scheme. Durability is a big concern with him, but that 33rd overall choice would have to tempt the Chiefs.

CoMoChief
03-15-2010, 11:31 AM
More picks the better.

Really other than him having the injury bug as of recent, he's much larger than Dorsey and has more prototypical 3-4 DE size.

Dorsey is barely 6 ft tall, and isn't sized for taking on blockers. While he's not doing "bad" at the transition, I think Carriker would have more upside at the position than Dorsey, and we get another 2nd rounder out of it, Which is more of a late 1st rounder considering where STL picks.

mcaj22
how do you not find that 33rd pick to be sexy in this draft.

Chiefnj2
Trade the only decent DE on the team for a guy who missed last season with an injury?

Detoxing
03-15-2010, 11:34 AM
Man, I can't wait till we stop hearing all of these stupid "trade Dorsey" scenarios. Im sick of them. So annoying.

People need to remember the Browns game.

JD10367
03-15-2010, 11:35 AM
Trade the only decent DE on the team for a guy who missed last season with an injury?

If he's fully healed, though, he might be a better fit in the defense. Plus you get a high 2nd-rounder. You turn one possibly-good player into two possibly-good players.

wazimo
03-15-2010, 11:36 AM
I don't mind Nick Wright, he similar to Soren (not just because he is from Syracuse.) How about a draft of (after the Dorsey trade):

1. Okung, 2.a Cody (NT), 2b.J.Hughes (DE/OLB), 2c. Golden Tate - (WR), 3. C.Jones (S)
or
1. Berry (S), 2.a Cody (NT), 2b.J.Hughes (DE/OLB), 2c. Golden Tate - (WR), 3. B.Spikes (LB..if he fell)

BigRedChief
03-15-2010, 11:37 AM
It's also on the ESPN NFC West Blog, from a reader question (so yeah, there's really no basis for this outside of fan speculation):
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/15507/mailbag-chiefs-rams-trade-idea
Tom from Orange County, Calif., writes: Mike, longtime Rams fan. Thanks for the coverage. Trade question for you: What do you think about Adam Carriker and the 33rd pick to Kansas City for Glenn Dorsey? Both players have not lived up to expectations and are playing out of position. Each could use a change of scenery.

Dorsey gives the Rams the potential game-changing tackle that they need, and justifies the Sam Bradford pick at No. 1. Carriker gives Kansas City the end the Chiefs need in the 3-4, and what is turning out to be a very valuable 33rd pick. Thanks for taking the question.

Mike Sando: Good thinking, Tom. I don't know if the Rams would value Dorsey high enough to make that move, but if they thought he could basically be close to Ndamukong Suh or Gerald McCoy, why not? The quick reaction would be to dismiss any such comparisons, claiming Suh and McCoy are much better prospects. But a lot of prospects look better before they line up against NFL players week after week. Dorsey was considered a top-five talent when he entered the draft.

Here is what Scouts Inc. said about Dorsey when he was coming out of college:

"A squatty defensive tackle prospect with a thick build and very good quickness. Anticipates the snap well, explodes out of his stance and generally will win one-on-one battles with his initial burst. He plays with a non-stop motor. Stays active, using swim and rip moves to get off of blocks when necessary. Displays good upper-body power and the ability to knock linemen back on their heels with initial pop. Does a fine job of locating the ball once he's in the backfield and flashes good change-of-direction skills for his position. A powerful tackler when he can line up a hit. Also does a better job of taking on blocks in the run game than he gets credit for. He can be washed out by some bigger OL, but generally does a good job of staying low and holding his ground when asked to."

Durability concerns were singled out as the primary weakness. Dorsey has played in 31 of 32 games with the Chiefrs, starting 30 of them. The Scouts Inc. report said Dorsey would fit best in a one-gap scheme that would allow him to get upfield and disrupt offenses. The Rams are running that type of scheme. The Chiefs are not. You're right in suggesting that Carriker could fit better at end in a 3-4 scheme. Durability is a big concern with him, but that 33rd overall choice would have to tempt the Chiefs.ROFL sources, we don't need no stinking sources. we can read blogs.

pr_capone
03-15-2010, 11:42 AM
I would JIMP if this trade happens. Carriker was a beast in Nebraska. To get him, the 13th pick overall, AND a 2nd for Dorsey would be huge.

KCtotheSB
03-15-2010, 11:44 AM
Man, I can't wait till we stop hearing all of these stupid "trade Dorsey" scenarios. Im sick of them. So annoying.

Jerome Harrison is STILL racking up yards.

DJ's left nut
03-15-2010, 11:46 AM
Well hell yes you'd make this deal.

Dorsey's going to be a good player for someone, but it just isn't going to be us. You couldn't design a scheme from the ground up that more poorly utilizes Dorsey's strengths. Meanwhile, Carriker would be a legitimate 5 tech (as opposed to that sack of ass, Tyson Jackson).

Hell, it's almost a trade I'd make straight up. Throw in that 2nd rounder and it's a no-doubter.

DJ's left nut
03-15-2010, 11:49 AM

Yeah, we were worse with Dorsey not on the field.

But Carriker would actually do a better job at the 5 technique than Dorsey would have.

You can focus on the Browns game, when we were absolutely abysmal.

I'll go ahead and focus on the other 15 games we played with Dorsey as a starter...when we were still well below average.

Striving to be better than we were when a no-name running back almost set the single-season yardage record against us is probably not the route I'd take.

Chiefnj2
If he's fully healed, though, he might be a better fit in the defense. Plus you get a high 2nd-rounder. You turn one possibly-good player into two possibly-good players.

You aren't going to know if he is fully healed until they play games and continually make contact with his shoulder.

pr_capone

Yup, we should completely forget the other 28 games he started and did not perform at a 1st rd pick level.

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2010, 11:53 AM
I don't see why STL, with all the holes they have, would make this deal.

That 33rd overall pick is WAY too much to throw into the deal.

I could see a 3rd or 4th, but they'd be chock full of stupid to deal Carriker AND the 33rd pick for Dorsey.

ChiTown
03-15-2010, 11:55 AM
I don't see why STL, with all the holes they have, would make this deal.

That 33rd overall pick is WAY too much to throw into the deal.

I could see a 3rd or 4th, but they'd be chock full of stupid to deal Carriker AND the 33rd pick for Dorsey.

+1

I'd do this in a NY Minute, but the question is:

Why would the Rams?

mcaj22
03-15-2010, 11:58 AM
I'd give up any player on the Chiefs not named Brandon Flowers for this deal.

BigCatDaddy
03-15-2010, 11:59 AM
I think this would be a still for us. If they just traded us that top of the 3rd pick and did the deal I would be estatic.

Dicky McElephant
03-15-2010, 12:01 PM
Honestly at this point......I don't care what they do. That extra second rounder would be awesome to have.

Detoxing
03-15-2010, 12:02 PM
Yup, we should completely forget the other 28 games he started and did not perform at a 1st rd pick level.

And Carriker has? It's not like we're talking about trading him for a proven commodity here. It seems like Dorsey is getting the raw end of the deal here.

People talk about how we are abysmal in run defense and it's because we need a NT. In other threads, it's TJ's fault. In this thread, Dorsey is getting the blame.

How about, we get a true NT and let Dorsey and TJ develop...maybe get some LB's that can actually rush the passer. Then, lets properly gauge Dorsey, after he has played in this scheme for more than one season and isn't constantly being doubled because of lack of skill at other positions.

If Dorsey's job is to tie up blockers so that the rush backers can get to the QB, then Hali's sack numbers show that Dorsey is doing his job.

And once again, let's not blame our lack of rush D on Dorsey....because it was very evident that our run D would've been MUCH worse w/o him.

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2010, 12:05 PM
Honestly at this point......I don't care what they do. That extra second rounder would be awesome to have.

Shit, I'd do that deal for STL's 3rd or 4th round pick and be happy about it.

Imagine what I could have done in the mock with an extra 3rd?

We could have been sitting with Berry, Hughes, Jones, Gilyard and either:

JD Walton
Rodger Saffold
Jamar Chaney

Sick.

RedThat
03-15-2010, 12:05 PM

Oh for sure. It would be like having a late first rounder.

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2010, 12:10 PM
And Carriker has? It's not like we're talking about trading him for a proven commodity here. It seems like Dorsey is getting the raw end of the deal here.

People talk about how we are abysmal in run defense and it's because we need a NT. In other threads, it's TJ's fault. In this thread, Dorsey is getting the blame.

How about, we get a true NT and let Dorsey and TJ develop...maybe get some LB's that can actually rush the passer. Then, lets properly gauge Dorsey, after he has played in this scheme for more that one season and isn't constantly being doubled because of lack of skill at other positions.

If Dorsey's job is to tie up blockers so that the rush backers can get to the QB, then Hali's sack numbers show that Dorsey is doing his job.

And once again, let's not blame our lack of rush D on Dorsey....because it was very evident that our run D would've been MUCH worse w/o him.

I've admittedly just kinda breezed through this thread, but I don't see anyone playing blame at Dorsey's feet for our run defense.

What I do see is people that understand that both players in question are playing in schemes that don't fit their talents. Carriker fits better in a 3-4, but STL plays a 4-3. Dorsey fits better in a 4-3, but plays in a 3-4.

I'd have a hard time believing that Carriker would do any worse than Dorsey. And when I say that, I don't mean Dorsey has been bad - I just mean that I would expect Carriker to play at least at the same level as Dorsey.

Throwing in an early draft pick in an early or mid round is icing on the cake, IMO.

RedThat
03-15-2010, 12:17 PM
I've admittedly just kinda breezed through this thread, but I don't see anyone playing blame at Dorsey's feet for our run defense.

What I do see is people that understand that both players in question are playing in schemes that don't fit their talents. Carriker fits better in a 3-4, but STL plays a 4-3. Dorsey fits better in a 4-3, but plays in a 3-4.

I'd have a hard time believing that Carriker would do any worse than Dorsey. And when I say that, I don't mean Dorsey has been bad - I just mean that I would expect Carriker to play at least at the same level as Dorsey.

Throwing in an early draft pick in an early or mid round is icing on the cake, IMO.

Both guys are question marks since we don't know their potential in schemes that are well suited for their talents. It would basically be trading an unknown commodity for another unknown commodity. The 2nd rounder would be an added bonus in KC's favor it's what would sweeten the deal definately.

Detoxing
03-15-2010, 12:18 PM

Some were mentioning that our run D was awful in not just the Browns game after i had mentioned that game as an example of how our Run D needed him..i.e others saying that our run D sucked even with him in the lineup which would imply that he was not good against the run.

But maybe you're right. It would be a good deal if Carriker isn't a downgrade and we picked up a second. Highly unlikely though, seeing as STL would gain nothing from this. We're talking about two talented but unproven players. STL wouldn't give up a 2nd AND Carriker for an unproven Dorsey.

Im just so sick of everyone wanting to trade Dorsey rather than letting him play and improve.

Detoxing
03-15-2010, 12:20 PM
Both guys are question marks since we don't know their potential in schemes that are well suited for their talents. It would basically be trading an unknown commodity for another unknown commodity. The 2nd rounder would be an added bonus in KC's favor it's what would sweeten the deal definately.

But does nothing for STL to sweeten the deal. Which is why it's highly unlikely to happen. Be nice for the Chiefs, sure.

RedThat
03-15-2010, 12:23 PM
But does nothing for STL to sweeten the deal. Which is why it's highly unlikely to happen. Be nice for the Chiefs, sure.

yeah i highly doubt it will happen either. Sounds too good to be true.

Mr. Laz
03-15-2010, 12:25 PM
would rather just trade Dorsey during the draft to get Dan Williams

pr_capone
03-15-2010, 12:25 PM

THIS.

ALL OF IT.

Chiefnj2
03-15-2010, 12:32 PM
This is really a "grass is always greener point of view."

Dorsey played well as a DE last year given the circumstances.

Carriker hasn't shown a thing in the NFL other than the fact that he is prone to injury.

Wasn't he constantly nursing injuries in 2008? In 2009 he missed a bunch of camp and 3 preseason games with an ankle injury before getting knocked out for the year against KC. But hey, he's 6'6" so he must be a better 34 DE.

cookster50
03-15-2010, 12:34 PM
That's pretty wild
people admit to listening to Nick Wright

Yes..............some........people.......can...........stand.........his........voice.........not.. .....me.

Dicky McElephant
03-15-2010, 12:36 PM
would rather just trade Dorsey during the draft to get Dan Williams

If that's the case and that's what they want to do....then do this trade.....and then trade down out of #5 to draft Williams.

Mr. Laz
03-15-2010, 12:42 PM
If that's the case and that's what they want to do....then do this trade.....and then trade down out of #5 to draft Williams.
nah ...

you stay where you are at and draft Eric Berry and/or trade down 2 spots with cleveland and then draft Eric Berry.

Then you use Dorsey to trade back up into the 1st round and draft Dan Williams

instantly strengthening the interior of our defense hundred fold.

Then you hopefully you draft a quality LB in the 2nd round.

1a S Eric Berry
1b NT Dan Williams
2 LB Larry Hughes

Maybe just maybe our defense isn't a leaky POS next year

dunno what draft pick we would have to package with Dorsey to get back up to the middle of round 1 though. Depends on Dorsey's value.

Dicky McElephant
03-15-2010, 12:43 PM
nah ...

you stay where you are at and draft Eric Berry and/or trade down 2 spots with cleveland and then draft Eric Berry.

1a S Eric Berry
1b NT Dan Williams
2 LB Larry Hughes

dunno what draft pick we would have to package with Dorsey to get back up to the middle of round 1 though. Depends on Dorsey's value.

Oh I'm not advocating that we pass on Berry.

And FWIW.....we'd have 3 2nd round picks....so we'd have enough ammo to move back into the 1st round to grab someone we like.

L.A. Chieffan
03-15-2010, 12:44 PM
I really really like Dorsey and talked shit to all the fools who proclaimed a bust after his rookie season but it seems like the 3-4 is a waste for him.

Demonpenz
03-15-2010, 01:00 PM
I thought last year Dorsey was going to get his shit together :( only 1 sack :(

Chocolate Hog
03-15-2010, 01:00 PM
IIRC Dorsey went 5th, Carriker 13th in the same draft. I suppose, pre-draft, you would be willing to move from 5 to 13 for someone 2nd-rounder, no? (I don't have a handy draft-value chart around.)

I love 2nd rounders. So does Bill Belichick. So does Scott Pioli. You get pretty decent talent in the 2nd round but don't have to pay those 1st-round prices. The Pats have three 2s this year. :thumb:

No Carriker was not drafted the same year as Dorsey.

DJ's left nut
03-15-2010, 01:05 PM
This is really a "grass is always greener point of view."

Dorsey played well as a DE last year given the circumstances.

Carriker hasn't shown a thing in the NFL other than the fact that he is prone to injury.

Wasn't he constantly nursing injuries in 2008? In 2009 he missed a bunch of camp and 3 preseason games with an ankle injury before getting knocked out for the year against KC. But hey, he's 6'6" so he must be a better 34 DE.

But here's the problem - Dorsey didn't play 'well', he played competently.

That's it. He was simply a guy that did an okay job. In the cesspool of absolute ass that was our defense last season, he stands out as a bright spot only because he was merely an average-ish player.

And our scheme will never allow him to be any more than that. He's not a good fit here. I think he'll excel elsewhere because he does have a lot of talent, but he's not a guy that's ever going to be a truly excellent player in KC.

Meanwhile, Carriker could be. He's exactly the type of player that this scheme needs.

We have a tendency to oversell Dorsey's performance last season because of how bad his teammates were. When you get right down to it, he was merely average.

Chiefnj2
03-15-2010, 01:07 PM
But here's the problem - Dorsey didn't play 'well', he played competently.

That's it. He was simply a guy that did an okay job. In the cesspool of absolute ass that was our defense last season, he stands out as a bright spot only because he was merely an average-ish player.

And our scheme will never allow him to be any more than that. He's not a good fit here. I think he'll excel elsewhere because he does have a lot of talent, but he's not a guy that's ever going to be a truly excellent player in KC.

Meanwhile, Carriker could be. He's exactly the type of player that this scheme needs.

We have a tendency to oversell Dorsey's performance last season because of how bad his teammates were. When you get right down to it, he was merely average.

He did well considering it was his first year ever in a 34 and he had no supporting cast whatsoever.

Carriker is not the exact type of player KC needs. He's unproven in a 34. He has tons of injuries.

You think he's the right fit because of his weight and height, that's it.

JD10367
03-15-2010, 01:21 PM
I thought last year Dorsey was going to get his shit together :( only 1 sack :(

That's called a Lance Armstrong year. :D

Silock
03-15-2010, 01:22 PM
Would support. Won't happen.

DJ's left nut
03-15-2010, 01:22 PM
He did well considering it was his first year ever in a 34 and he had no supporting cast whatsoever.

Carriker is not the exact type of player KC needs. He's unproven in a 34. He has tons of injuries.

You think he's the right fit because of his weight and height, that's it.

And you don't think that's relevant?

I think you can also look to his pedigree and performance in college.

The 5-technique is about little more than weight/height when you get right down to it. It's not a pass rush position, it's not a thinking man's spot. Your job is to occupy space and blockers.

Weight/height are absolutely the foremost considerations in determining who will be a successful 5-technique.

Dorsey will never be better at it than he presently is, his build precludes it. What he presently is is not good enough for a championship caliber defense. He's playing out of position and really, he's gone as soon as he's a FA because he knows it.

Get something for him while we can, preferably someone that fits the role being asked of him.

DA_T_84
03-15-2010, 02:02 PM
That's called a Lance Armstrong year. :D

Um... how many sacks do you have?

One is pretty normal.... I think....

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-15-2010, 02:05 PM
I would JIMP if this trade happens. Carriker was a beast in Nebraska. To get him, the 13th pick overall, AND a 2nd for Dorsey would be huge.

Gotta' agree. I love Big Glen's passion and fortitude, but that is one HELL of a deal.

HemiEd
03-15-2010, 02:09 PM
Bad trade IMO. Carriker wouldn't fit in our system either. Dorsey will be fine.

This, I am sick of people trying to give this guy away. Dammit, leave the kid alone!

pr_capone
03-15-2010, 02:14 PM
This, I am sick of people trying to give this guy away. Dammit, leave the kid alone!

Getting Carriker AND a 2nd is hardly giving him away.

JD10367
03-15-2010, 02:14 PM

You forgot the

http://www.lifelounge.com/resources/IMGTHUMB/LeaveBritneyAlone_thumbnail.jpg

:D

Kyle DeLexus
03-15-2010, 03:46 PM
nah ...

1a S Eric Berry
1b NT Dan Williams
2 LB Larry Hughes

IDK Laz....Larry Hughes just hasn't been the same since he was traded to the Bulls. He just doesn't seem the same without LeBron as his wingman.

Chiefnj2
03-15-2010, 03:52 PM
Getting Carriker AND a 2nd is hardly giving him away.

Carriker has been off the field as much as he's been on it. He's always injured.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-15-2010, 03:57 PM
I just heard on Nick Wright that this trade is a possibility. What do you think? I really like Carriker coming out of college and Dorsey does not seem to fit in our system for the $ he is being paid.

Go fuck yourself.

CoMoChief
03-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Shit if we had the 5th and 13th pick, I would draft both Berry AND Brandon Graham

Sanka
03-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Plus, KC could then parlay back into this years first round with 3 2nd round picks.
Posted via Mobile Device

If we did do this trade, why the fuck would we trade a couple 2nds to get back into the 1st? We have quite a few holes we should be filling.

MoreLemonPledge
03-15-2010, 04:02 PM
We have quite a few holes we should be filling.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/faustus777/TheOffice-ThatsWhatSheSaid-Michael.jpg

Kyle DeLexus
03-15-2010, 04:02 PM
Shit if we had the 5th and 13th pick, I would draft both Berry AND Mays.

I believe they are referring to Carriker's draft position.....the Rams have the #1 pick how the hell would we get the 13th pick?

CoMoChief
03-15-2010, 04:16 PM
I believe they are referring to Carriker's draft position.....the Rams have the #1 pick how the hell would we get the 13th pick?

there was another post that mentioned Kansas City trading back up into the first rd.

pr_capone
03-15-2010, 04:24 PM
Carriker has been off the field as much as he's been on it. He's always injured.

IIRC, and I am no Husker football encyclopedia, Carriker was not injury prone in college. In fact, looks like he only missed time his freshman year due to an ankle injury and then did not miss another game.

I don't believe that his injuries are a recurring thing, just a spell of bad luck perhaps?

T-post Tom
03-15-2010, 04:36 PM
Doesn't sound plausible to me.

chiefzilla1501
03-15-2010, 04:37 PM
This would be a terrific trade for both sides. Carriker probably has a better build for a 3-4, Dorsey is better suited for a 4-3. I still think Dorsey is very much overperforming. Good for him, but I still think his upside is limited.

Don't know if there's any truth to the rumor, but I would take this trade in a NY minute. Dorsey played well, but not so well that you absolutely have to keep him. And it's not like the 5-technique is a position with outrageous positional value.

Mecca
03-15-2010, 04:39 PM
I'd consider it, both players are better suited for the other scheme and a high 2 is worth quite a bit this year.

Mr. Laz
03-15-2010, 05:23 PM
IDK Laz....Larry Hughes just hasn't been the same since he was traded to the Bulls. He just doesn't seem the same without LeBron as his wingman.ROFL

oops ... sorry Jerry :redface:

TRR
03-15-2010, 06:24 PM
If we did do this trade, why the fuck would we trade a couple 2nds to get back into the 1st? We have quite a few holes we should be filling.

KC doesn't HAVE to trade a couple 2nd rounders to get back in the 1st...they could swap 2nd rounders, offer an additional 5th, etc...more picks equal more options like trading up in the first, etc.
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefsfan93
03-15-2010, 06:48 PM
Dorsey will pick it up dont give up on him please.

pr_capone
03-15-2010, 06:49 PM

Then its settled.

THE TRADE IS OFF!

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-15-2010, 06:52 PM

Don't worry....he's being moved to LT so Albert can be moved "home" to guard :)

TRR
03-15-2010, 07:02 PM
Don't worry....he's being moved to LT so Albert can be moved "home" to guard :)

Waters to center!
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsCountry
03-15-2010, 07:17 PM
This actually would be a trade that could benefit both teams. Dorsey, while it sucks for me to consider trading him - one the freaking stud that has fell in our labs yet dipshit Patriot fat fucker had to completly change to freaking 3-4, isn't a 3-4 end. Spags would get something out of him in St. Louis. Carriker isn't a 4-3 DT, he is a natural 3-4 end. Hell he played DE in college, so it would be a hell lot more natural for him to move to end. Getting a 2nd out of St. Louis would be a steal. I really don't think St. Louis could get a player of Dorsey's calibar in the 2nd round this year.

Brianfo
03-15-2010, 07:18 PM
If we did do this trade, why the **** would we trade a couple 2nds to get back into the 1st? We have quite a few holes we should be filling.

This

TRR
03-15-2010, 07:20 PM
This

Did you read my reply?
Posted via Mobile Device

58kcfan89
03-15-2010, 08:33 PM
I was gunna come into this thread & piss all over it considering I love Dorsey, then I read that it was Nick Wright who mentioned it. This is the same guy who interviewed Pioli and couldn't name 1 impact FA signed last year (uh, Brett Favre? Darren Sharper?) when he was trying to grill Pioli and instead mentioned Jason Brown.

A 2nd rounder + Carriker wouldn't be a bad trade, but I haven't been too impressed with Carriker thus far.

Anyway, this. I love me some Dorsey, I think he'll only get better as we build the rest of the defense. Say what you will about his performance thus far, but he'll be going into his 3rd scheme in 3 years, now that there's a real coach coordinating the defense, I think he'll improve quite a bit. And say what you will about his size, but I don't think it's going to be a big problem for him.

Then again, I'm a huge Dorsey mark, so don't worry about arguing with me...

boogblaster
03-15-2010, 08:37 PM
Maybe ...

Nightfyre
03-15-2010, 08:42 PM
I was gunna come into this thread & piss all over it considering I love Dorsey, then I read that it was Nick Wright who mentioned it. This is the same guy who interviewed Pioli and couldn't name 1 impact FA signed last year (uh, Brett Favre? Darren Sharper?) when he was trying to grill Pioli and instead mentioned Jason Brown.

A 2nd rounder + Carriker wouldn't be a bad trade, but I haven't been too impressed with Carriker thus far.

Anyway, this. I love me some Dorsey, I think he'll only get better as we build the rest of the defense. Say what you will about his performance thus far, but he'll be going into his 3rd scheme in 3 years, now that there's a real coach coordinating the defense, I think he'll improve quite a bit. And say what you will about his size, but I don't think it's going to be a big problem for him.

Put me in this boat.

chiefzilla1501
03-15-2010, 08:49 PM

I think Dorsey has played admirably well, given that he's one of the few 3-4 DEs are 6'5"+. And that's why I think his upside is limited in this scheme. He deserves to be in a defense where he's allowed to explode into the backfield, not in a scheme where he's spending all his time engaging two blockers. In this scheme, he's working hard to free up other LBs. He should be in a scheme where he can free up himself.

Moving him to STL in a 4-3 would finally let Dorsey be Dorsey. And honestly, given Carriker's skill sets, I think he's tailor-made for a 3-4 DE (whereas in a 4-3, I think he's one-dimensional because he's not a great pass rusher).

This would be an absolute steal for the Chiefs, and yet, at the same time, I don't think it hurts the Rams. The deal makes quite a bit of sense. Think about having three picks in the second round. We may be able to land, say, Cody or Dan Williams or Cam Thomas, maybe Brandon Graham or Jerry Hughes, maybe Demaryius Thomas or Marty Gilyard, maybe a Brandon Spikes or a Jahvid Best. Who knows, maybe you can land a Golden Tate or Taylor Mays if you're real lucky.

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-15-2010, 09:15 PM
Yes, this trade is a possibility. Fire up Madden 2010 and let it rip.

Mecca
03-15-2010, 09:17 PM
Yes, this trade is a possibility. Fire up Madden 2010 and let it rip.

Dorsey is pretty worthless on Madden 10 to be honest with you.

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-15-2010, 09:23 PM
Dorsey is pretty worthless on Madden 10 to be honest with you.

Alright, edit his stats and then let it rip

Dave Lane
03-16-2010, 10:40 AM

What a scum he is.

I do think he mentioned that in his defense. Carriker is out of a 3-4 system and Dorsey is out of a 4-3 system and they thought it might make sense to swap because of that.