PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The Official Preseason Cassel Poll Before His 2nd Year With The Chiefs

JD10367
03-15-2010, 01:33 PM
Okay. Every thread turns into a crap-on-Casselfest, so I thought there should be an official reckoning of which side everyone's on. Let's not fill this thread with pro- and anti-Cassel shitflinging. (There are the other 6000 threads for that.) Just a simple public poll listing what side of the fence you're on.

I could've given a third pussy option like "he's not horrible but he's not good", but just sack up and choose one of the extremes. :D By Thanksgiving, it should be pretty clear one way or another. Then one entire half can go, "I told you so!" and rub the other half's noses in it.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-15-2010, 01:33 PM
Dogshit. Hope I'm wrong.

DeezNutz
03-15-2010, 01:34 PM
I think he's a sack of fucking shit.

This the type of post you were hoping for, right?

JD10367
03-15-2010, 01:36 PM
You f**king f**k motherf**ker!!!

I clicked the wrong f**king button on my own f**king poll!!!

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Molitoth
03-15-2010, 01:36 PM
Wow, we need more options.

Horrible forever? no
Superbowl QB? no

DeezNutz
03-15-2010, 01:37 PM

So the Cassel thread is a failure?

How wonderfully ironic. Perfect.

JD10367
03-15-2010, 01:38 PM

Horrible forever? no
Superbowl QB? no

It's no fun if there's a sit-on-the-fence option. You need to align with one camp or the other so you have bragging rights down the road.

And, hey, if Jeff Hostetler and Trent Dilfer can be SB-winning QBs... :shrug:

JD10367
03-15-2010, 01:38 PM
So the Cassel thread is a failure?

How wonderfully ironic. Perfect.

LMAO I know, it's sort of prophetic. Or pathetic. Either way.

Pestilence
03-15-2010, 01:39 PM
No....he fucking sucks.

Coogs
03-15-2010, 01:39 PM
I'm not seeing it from Cassel. Missed to many open receivers for a NFL QB, both while in the pocket and on the move. And the 26 yard hail mary thing... I just can not get that vision out of my mind when I am trying to see Cassel as a QB that is a cool headed decision maker when the game is on the line.

I would love to have a big helping of crow served in any fashion, but I don't see Cassel as anything special at all.

DMAC
03-15-2010, 01:40 PM

Horrible forever? no
Superbowl QB? noYes, there should be a "He is Trent Green" option.

L.A. Chieffan
03-15-2010, 01:41 PM
how do you see who voted?

JD10367
03-15-2010, 01:45 PM

Click on either of the two totals.

Pants
03-15-2010, 01:47 PM
Yes, there should be a "He is Trent Green" option.

'cept Trent had incredible accuracy and a stronger arm, too.

SDChiefs
03-15-2010, 01:47 PM

Click on one of the numbers showing the votes for each of the options.

JD10367
03-15-2010, 01:48 PM
Can a Mod move my vote to the other side? I don't know if that's possible. Probably not.

DMAC
03-15-2010, 01:51 PM
'cept Trent had incredible accuracy and a stronger arm, too.his first year wasnt so hot.

Coogs
03-15-2010, 01:51 PM
Can a Mod move my vote to the other side? I don't know if that's possible. Probably not.

A teacher once told me to never change your answer once you have it marked in a multiple choice situation.

JD10367
03-15-2010, 01:53 PM
A teacher once told me to never change your answer once you have it marked in a multiple choice situation.

I liked patterns. A, B, C, D, D, C, B, A... :D

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-15-2010, 02:00 PM
I do not understand why Patriots fans are so invested in their former players and executives that they defend them at all costs.

Follow your own fucking team.

Pestilence
03-15-2010, 02:02 PM
I do not understand why Patriots fans are so invested in their former players and executives that they defend them at all costs.

Shit just got real.

Detoxing
03-15-2010, 02:05 PM

Horrible forever? no
Superbowl QB? no

This.

You lumped SB QB with "a good starter". Well, they're far from being the same thing.

Can he develop into a good starter next season? I fucking hope so. Football is going to suck next year too if he can't get his head out of his ass.

I hope he succeeds. Just don't think he will. I do think he will have a better season next season. But fuck, he can't really get any worse

Woodrow Call
03-15-2010, 02:11 PM
Once we got Cassel I decided to have an open mind, dropped my Sanchez dreams instantly and decided to give the guy a fair chance. Then the season rolled around and the fears were realized. Terrible arm strength, terrible accuracy, and terrible pocket awareness. The most stunning part of the disaster IMO was that when the O-line stabilized and the running game exploded Cassel regressed even more which is baffling to me.

Weis might salvage him but I just don't see it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-15-2010, 02:16 PM
Shit just got real.

I honestly don't understand it.

I wonder if it's part of that Boston faux persecution complex, or a jilted lover who stalks their ex?

How many people here would register and pile up hundreds of posts on texansplanet if the Chiefs had won the Super Bowl in '03 and Lynn Stiles was hired as GM of the Houston Texans?

Do you honestly give a fuck how some other team thinks about your old player or front office guy?

Jimmy Wilkerson leaves and has a decent season for the Bucs. It's interesting. I might start a thread about it. But if he starts sucking hind tit, I'm not going to flay myself in the process of defending how good he is.

It's fucking pathetic.

Chocolate Hog
03-15-2010, 02:19 PM
I think he could win a playoff game but no not a super bowl.

doomy3
03-15-2010, 02:19 PM

I wonder if it's part of that Boston faux persecution complex, or a jilted lover who stalks their ex?

How many people here would register and pile up hundreds of posts on texansplanet if the Chiefs had won the Super Bowl in '03 and Lynn Stiles was hired as GM of the Houston Texans?

Do you honestly give a **** how some other team thinks about your old player or front office guy?

Jimmy Wilkerson leaves and has a decent season for the Bucs. It's interesting. I might start a thread about it. But if he starts sucking hind tit, I'm not going to flay myself in the process of defending how good he is.

It's ****ing pathetic.

Perhaps it is similar to the people who will continue to follow Mark Sanchez and defend him even though he is the part of another team? And he didn't even play here.

Or maybe, it is similar to Chiefs fans who followed Rich Gannon's career with the Raiders?

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-15-2010, 02:22 PM

That was the part of your brain that actually knows what the fuck it's talking about letting your finger do teh walking. :D

Oh, and Cassel is a pile of shit.*

*"Easy Button" PUSHED!

Mr. Flopnuts
03-15-2010, 02:22 PM
It's no fun if there's a sit-on-the-fence option. You need to align with one camp or the other so you have bragging rights down the road.

I don't want bragging rights. I want everyone to shove it in my face after we win a title. I'm rooting for everyone against me here.

Pestilence
03-15-2010, 02:23 PM
Perhaps it is similar to the people who will continue to follow Mark Sanchez and defend him even though he is the part of another team? And he didn't even play here.

Or maybe, it is similar to Chiefs fans who followed Rich Gannon's career with the Raiders?

How is it similar? Sanchez wasn't drafted by the Chiefs and then left for the Jets. And people only follow Sanchez because they realize that it would have been a realistic choice if this team didn't trade for Cassel.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-15-2010, 02:23 PM

1) How many of us have registered on jetnation or jetsinsider and talked about him ad nauseum as he relates to another team?

2) That's Denise. Great example, retard.

The reason why Sanchez is brought up here is because his success or failure is a major indicator on Pioli's competence.

Pioli and Cassel's success or failure here has nothing to do with the Patriots. Cassel wasn't going to start there and he was going to get traded somewhere. Once he's gone, he's gone. Same with Pioli.

Oh, and FWIW, 90% of the people who bring up Sanchez are the dumbass ballwashers like you.

keg in kc
03-15-2010, 02:24 PM
I need a 3rd option. I don't think he has the tools to 'lead' them to a superbowl, but I also think that they could still get there down the road with him under center. Possible, albeit unlikely and difficult.

Chocolate Hog
03-15-2010, 02:25 PM
Hamas I'm looking at the Chiefs roster and gotta ask you when did Pioli leave the Patriots?

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-15-2010, 02:31 PM
Hamas I'm looking at the Chiefs roster and gotta ask you when did Pioli leave the Patriots?

January 14, 2009

Bane
03-15-2010, 02:33 PM
Cassel = FAIL.Period.

JD10367
03-15-2010, 02:58 PM

Follow your own ****ing team.

I do not understand why you're such an asshole.

Go **** yourself.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-15-2010, 02:59 PM
I do not understand why you're such an asshole.

Go **** yourself.

The same reason why cops have a warped view of people: I have to deal with dumbasses such as yourself.

JD10367
03-15-2010, 03:00 PM

Do you honestly give a **** how some other team thinks about your old player or front office guy?

It's ****ing pathetic.

If you must know, f**kface, I joined this board, yes, because I had an interest in following how Pioli and Cassel did, but also because I had come from the "little sister" Patriots board, and this board seemed like it had some cool people on it.

Unfortunately, it also has some unfriendly dickmunchers. And I'm slowly figuring out who they are.

Dickmuncher.

JD10367
03-15-2010, 03:02 PM
The same reason why cops have a warped view of people: I have to deal with dumbasses such as yourself.

You want a dumbass? Go look in the f**king mirror. I did nothing to deserve your attitude, or your diarrhea of posts in this thread. Cops have a warped view of people because they have to deal with the likes of you.

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2010, 03:21 PM
Contrary to popular belief, I'd love to be wrong about Cassel - but I don't think he has what it takes to win a playoff game, much less a championship.

I'm shocked anyone would think any different, and would love to see someone present some evidence to back their position.

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2010, 03:22 PM
Holy Christ.

Just voted and saw that FORTY FUCKING PERCENT still think this slapdick can lead this franchise to a SB.

:facepalm:

JD10367
03-15-2010, 03:24 PM
Holy Christ.

Just voted and saw that FORTY ****ING PERCENT still think this slapdick can lead this franchise to a SB.

Should be more, but I voted wrong. :D

Mr. Flopnuts
03-15-2010, 03:25 PM
Holy Christ.

Just voted and saw that FORTY FUCKING PERCENT still think this slapdick can lead this franchise to a SB.

Blind hope. I try, but I can only get so far with it.

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2010, 03:27 PM
Blind hope. I try, but I can only get so far with it.

Looking at the 22 "blind faith" votes, you see a list of the usual suspects - but I have to say I'm shocked that ChiTown, H5N1 and Chenz voted that way.

Someone must have hacked their accounts.

RustShack
03-15-2010, 03:28 PM
If we build a great defense and have a great running game Cassel could go to the Super Bowl, but he wouldn't be the one who led us there.

DeezNutz
03-15-2010, 03:30 PM
"The tools to lead them to a Super Bowl."

Really? People think he does? He has the accuracy, decision-making ability, leadership, and arm strength *to lead* this team to a SB?

As I've said before, imagine the insanity if we actually had a QB who possessed the above skills/intangibles.

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2010, 03:35 PM
"The tools to lead them to a Super Bowl."

Really? People think he does? He has the accuracy, decision-making ability, leadership, and arm strength *to lead* this team to a SB?

As I've said before, imagine the insanity if we actually had a QB who possessed the above skills/intangibles.

It's probably for the better that this franchise doesn't have the balls to take a chance on a R1 franchise QB.

This fanbase goes to extreme lengths to defend shitty QB's, but there's no doubt in my mind that they would absolutely crucify a young guy if he struggled (as most young QB's do) in his first few years.

People here have all the patience in the world for a slapdick like Cassel, but would be raising hell if a promising rookie was making the same mistakes.

L.A. Chieffan
03-15-2010, 03:36 PM
He really never shouldve been brought here in the first place.

Mecca
03-15-2010, 03:38 PM
The Patriots fans here would be like if a bunch of us had joined a Jets forum after they hired Terry Bradway and told them what a great job he was doing even after he brought in slap dick after slap dick.

Count Zarth
03-15-2010, 03:38 PM
Grammatically incorrect thread title.

DeezNutz
03-15-2010, 03:39 PM
People here have all the patience in the world for a slapdick like Cassel, but would be raising hell if a promising rookie was making the same mistakes.

Unfortunately, this is probably true.

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2010, 03:40 PM

Yeah, that thread title is almost as bad as a Cassel-thrown Hail Mary.

Count Zarth
03-15-2010, 03:40 PM
I'm 99 percent sure he's a poor man's Jake Plummer.

I don't think he's dogshit. But it's pretty clear he ain't no franchise QB.

Rain Man
03-15-2010, 03:41 PM
I like having fans of other teams here. They tend to look at things a little more objectively than most of us (in both directions).

Mecca

It is, have you ever noticed all the posts about how "Cassel wasn't any worse than so and so" and it's always some rookie or 2nd year player.

It's like it's totally lost on some that Cassel is the same age Ben Roethlisberger is.

JASONSAUTO

not in my case, i was all for drafting sanchez and would have been happy to give him some time.(just like cassel) that didnt happen and i'm not going to cry about that milk for the next however many years.

Mecca
Yeah, that thread title is almost as bad as a Cassel-thrown Hail Mary.

Unless you are a crossbar, then he throws a great one.

Mecca
03-15-2010, 03:42 PM
I'm 99 percent sure he's a poor man's Jake Plummer.

I don't think he's dogshit. But it's pretty clear he ain't no franchise QB.

I think he's like a mix of Plummer and Delhomme, it's rather sad.

Goldmember
Shit, if Trent Dilfer, and other one hit wonder QBs, can win a SB, anyone can.

KCrockaholic
I agree with the first 2 sentences of the 2nd option. That's why I picked that way. But I can't say he will never lead to a superbowl, and I sure as hell can't say he will. But I'm not going to sit here and bash him and say he never has a chance to be a good starter. That would be premature and foolish to say of a QB in his situation. If I said that, I would be a hypocrite to praise him after a solid season.

Mecca
03-15-2010, 03:43 PM

So we're going to build the best defense of the last 20 years then?

JD10367
03-15-2010, 03:43 PM
Contrary to popular belief, I'd love to be wrong about Cassel - but I don't think he has what it takes to win a playoff game, much less a championship.

I'm shocked anyone would think any different, and would love to see someone present some evidence to back their position.

Well, there's obviously no evidence about the playoff thing. (Although I would've liked to have seen what he could've done in '08 when the Pats went 11-5 but missed out on the playoffs.) The only evidence to the contrary is the season he put up in '08 with New England, and the fact that last season was "new city, new team which wasn't a very good team, new coach who was a rookie head coach, new playbook". With a season behind him, and improved weapons (Charles, Jones, Chambers), he should look a lot better. He'll have a lot fewer excuses not to.

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2010, 03:44 PM
Unless you are a crossbar, then he throws a great one.

LMAO

I was at that game. It was even more ridiculous live.

Count Zarth
03-15-2010, 03:44 PM
I think he's like a mix of Plummer and Delhomme, it's rather sad.

And not nearly as lovable as either.

DeezNutz
03-15-2010, 03:45 PM
I like having fans of other teams here. They tend to look at things a little more objectively than most of us (in both directions).

I do, too. But the Patriot following is a bit strange, though it's resulted in a few cool posters landing here, amongst the various levels of douchery that make up the rest of us.

It's nothing like the days when Hamas, OTW, milk, reaper, Dane, mecca, CC, and I (and others, the list was long) used to chill on the SD boards, avidly defending and championing Marty.

Especially milkman, that dude loved him some Marty ball(s).

Mecca
Well, there's obviously no evidence about the playoff thing. (Although I would've liked to have seen what he could've done in '08 when the Pats went 11-5 but missed out on the playoffs.) The only evidence to the contrary is the season he put up in '08 with New England, and the fact that last season was "new city, new team which wasn't a very good team, new coach who was a rookie head coach, new playbook". With a season behind him, and improved weapons (Charles, Jones, Chambers), he should look a lot better. He'll have a lot fewer excuses not to.

The problem is when he had the weapons in NE he spent the year getting most of his numbers throwing WR screens.

Even on that team he wasn't a prolific passer or a guy who was making NFL throws on a consistent basis, basically we have to double or even triple the league average of YAC for Cassel to look good.

OnTheWarpath58
I do, too. But the Patriot following is a bit strange, though it's resulted in a few cool posters landing here, amongst the various levels of douchery that make up the rest of us.

It's nothing like the days when Hamas, OTW, milk, reaper, Dane, mecca, CC, and I used to chill on the SD boards, avidly defending and championing Marty.

Especially milkman, that dude loved him some Marty ball(s).

ROFL

rambleonthruthefog
03-15-2010, 03:46 PM
i'd rather sit on the fence and wait for more tools around him to develop, but you only gave two options so i'm goin homer. there is no money involved, right?

Reaper16
I think the same of him now that I did before he was traded to us -- that he is not a good NFL quarterback.

angelo
I hope Cassel proves me wrong.
I saw fear and a look of defeat in his eyes last year. You can't have that and be a great player. You have to be fearless. I think we have lost him.

Ang

Count Zarth
03-15-2010, 03:47 PM
LMAO

I was at that game. It was even more ridiculous live.

I can only imagine the sheepish look on the faces of Cassel backers when that moment occurred live.

*BONK*

*glare from drafturbator*

*Cassel backer tucks tail between legs*

DeezNutz

Did Dilfer "lead his team" to a SB? Or did he, like another mediocre QB, Ben Roethlisberger (holla at CP when you see 'em in the street), ride a stout defense?

Goldmember
So we're going to build the best defense of the last 20 years then?

Don't need that good. I'm not a huge fan of Cassel, I think he's a 6-7 on a scale of 10 but anything's possible if you have a strong defense and he has some star players on offense and a line that will protect him, just like Manning or any other good QB needs.

Mecca
03-15-2010, 03:48 PM
For the weapons thing who can we possibly get for him, he wasn't that good when he had Randy Moss and we are in no way ever going to get a WR that remotely compares to Moss.

Basically he had record setting as good of surrounding personnel as you could ask for and he spent the year taking a lot of sacks and throwing screens for YAC.

DeezNutz
03-15-2010, 03:48 PM
not in my case, i was all for drafting sanchez and would have been happy to give him some time.(just like cassel) that didnt happen and i'm not going to cry about that milk for the next however many years.

I know that's true in your case. And there would be other notable exceptions.

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2010, 03:49 PM
The problem is when he had the weapons in NE he spent the year getting most of his numbers throwing WR screens.

Even on that team he wasn't a prolific passer or a guy who was making NFL throws on a consistent basis, basically we have to double or even triple the league average of YAC for Cassel to look good.

Just crunched some numbers.

20% of Cassel's yardage total in 2008 came from passes thrown behind the LOS.

70% came from passes that traveled less than 10 yards in the air.

SEVENTY PERCENT.

Mecca
03-15-2010, 03:50 PM

SEVENTY PERCENT.

Bingo, which is still why I'd like to know, who hires Todd Haley from the downfield passing Arizona Cardinals....then trades for a QB that can't throw downfield?

It's seriously a dumb fucking thing to even consider.

JD10367
03-15-2010, 03:50 PM
The Patriots fans here would be like if a bunch of us had joined a Jets forum after they hired Terry Bradway and told them what a great job he was doing even after he brought in slap dick after slap dick.

Since Bradway didn't help bring three Super Bowl trophies to KC, I don't see the comparison. Not sure whether your "slap dick" comment refers to Bradway with the Chiefs or with the Jets but, either way, Pioli didn't bring in "slap dick after slap dick" in New England, and the jury's out as to whether he'll do that in KC.

Not that I see the point anyway. I think I'm one of all of three Patriots fans here, and one of them rarely posts and the other is probably a mult of someone already here since all he seems to do is irritate people. It's not like you guys have 100 Patriots fans running around here.

DeezNutz
03-15-2010, 03:51 PM
Bingo, which is still why I'd like to know, who hires Todd Haley from the downfield passing Arizona Cardinals....then trades for a QB that can't throw downfield?

It's seriously a dumb ****ing thing to even consider.

Because maybe said dumbfuck doesn't actually realize that Cassel cannot throw downfield.

Perhaps Pioli has a similar aversion to statistical analysis as his brother, Dayton Moore?

Goldmember
03-15-2010, 03:52 PM
Did Dilfer "lead his team" to a SB? Or did he, like another mediocre QB, Ben Roethlisberger (holla at CP when you see 'em in the street), ride a stout defense?

"He'll be a good starter. (Yes) With better weapons and a year under his belt, he'll prove people wrong. (he did that with NE)

He's got the tools to lead them to a SB. (I believe he can manage the game well enough if he has the supporting cast)

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2010, 03:52 PM

LMAO

You're getting damn good at that.

Mecca
03-15-2010, 03:53 PM
Because maybe said dumbfuck doesn't actually realize that Cassel cannot throw downfield.

Perhaps Pioli has a similar aversion to statistical analysis as his brother, Dayton Moore?

That would not surprise me....Scott is the fat dumbass and Dayton is the skinny dumbass, put them together and no one knows what the fuck is going on.

Mecca
03-15-2010, 03:54 PM
At this point I'm pretty sure Ben Roethlisbergers cock has complete more long passes than Cassel has.

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2010, 03:55 PM
At this point I'm pretty sure Ben Roethlisbergers cock has complete more long passes than Cassel has.

LMAO

Goldmember
03-15-2010, 03:55 PM

LMAO

Mecca
03-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Well we know 1 thing, the cock certainly has more attempts.

Fish

SEVENTY PERCENT.

Holy fuck that's depressing.....

I bet he and Moss were best buddies that season and hung out a lot outside of work...

Mecca

I bet he and Moss were best buddies that season and hung out a lot outside of work...

Moss probably wanted to kick him in the nuts.

cdcox
03-15-2010, 03:58 PM
I think he'll play good enough to get us to stick with him for one more year... then one more year...

It's the worst kind of QB to have because it keeps you from taking a chance on getting someone who is actually good.

Mecca
03-15-2010, 03:59 PM
I think he'll play good enough to get us to stick with him for one more year... then one more year...

It's the worst kind of QB to have because it keeps you from taking a chance on getting someone who is actually good.

See he really is Jake Delhomme, it's just Cassel will likely never have a SB year or a pro bowl year.

So we got like the shitty Delhomme.

CoMoChief
03-15-2010, 04:00 PM
He doesn't have an arm. start Croyle.

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2010, 04:01 PM

Drew Brees, 2009:

9% of yardage total on throws behind LOS

35% on throws under 10 yards in the air.

JD10367
03-15-2010, 04:03 PM

True enough, and definitely one of the things against him. Even with New England in '08, the deep ball was the one thing he never really got that good at.

As far as WR screens and the LOS and all that jazz, it's hard to really work those numbers because, frankly, I think the NFL should change the way they do stats. (I never understood why a QB gets credit for an 80-yard pass if he throws the ball 5 yards and the WR runs for 75 more.) One thing you can say, though. In '08, he had 21 TDs and 11 INTs, 3700 yards, a 63% completion rate, and a QB rating over 89. So he showed more than simply "throwing short" (although all of those definitely look better when you throw short). He looked more accurate in New England, which is probably the difference in the O-lines; the Pats' O-line, when it chooses to pass-block, does it well. (Unfortunately, when they choose not to, they "ole!" block well, which is why Cassel got sacked almost 50 times in '08.)

He definitely needs more accuracy. Especially on the deep ball. He needs to get sacked less. He needs to make the correct read more. The question is: were his failings last season the result of unfamiliarity and a lower talent level, or indicative of his own failings as a QB? Obviously the people who think he can be pretty good think the former, and the people who thinks he sucks think the latter. This is why the upcoming season will be very interesting, to see which way he goes.

It's really not like I even like the guy. Like most Patriots fans, I hated him when he was there, and when Brady went down I assumed the season was over; like most fans, I was pleasantly surprised to see how well he played and was forced to think, "Shit, there must've been a reason Belichick kept him after all." I don't think he's Johnny Unitas, but I just think he's better than he showed last year, and I think he'll look a lot better in Year Two there. And I think he's getting a raw deal by those who want to shitcan him after a rebuilding year. JMO, and this season will show if I'm wrong. (Hence the poll. If he tanks, and the Chiefs dump him midyear, I'll eat crow.)

Mecca
Simply put this is what you get when you trade for someone else's backup instead of actually trying to get a QB.

DaneMcCloud

SEVENTY PERCENT.

Just like Trent Green

Dave Lane
03-15-2010, 04:04 PM
Seeing as how we may never make it to the SB in his life time its a safe bet he won't lead us there. I do think he can be a serviceable QB in this league.

OnTheWarpath58
Just like Trent Green

LMAO

JD10367
For the weapons thing who can we possibly get for him, he wasn't that good when he had Randy Moss and we are in no way ever going to get a WR that remotely compares to Moss.

He doesn't need a Randy Moss. He needs a Wes Welker or Troy Brown or Kevin Faulk: someone he can turn to as a safety valve.

Mecca
03-15-2010, 04:05 PM
When we've had 3 straight top 5 draft picks if all we have to show for it is 2 techs and a serviceable QB, I'm going to go down to Arrowhead and punch Pioli in his fat head.

Justin
03-15-2010, 04:05 PM

SEVENTY PERCENT.

Just for comparison what are some other QB's percentages if you can bring that up?

Mecca
03-15-2010, 04:06 PM
He doesn't need a Randy Moss. He needs a Wes Welker or Troy Brown or Kevin Faulk: someone he can turn to as a safety valve.

Welker is Welker because of the fear teams have of Moss, if you put Julian Edelman in that same role he'll catch a bunch of passes, the fear of Moss gets the underneath guy consistently open.

How many Moss' or Calvin Johnsons exit that can do this...a handful.

cdcox
03-15-2010, 04:06 PM
When we've had 3 straight top 5 draft picks if all we have to show for it is 2 techs and a serviceable QB, I'm going to go down to Arrowhead and punch Pioli in his fat head.

Don't forget about a LT. Can't have too many of those.

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2010, 04:07 PM
Just like Trent Green

FWIW, from TG's best yardage year, 2004:

13% of yardage on throws behind LOS

47% of yardage on throws under 10 yards in the air.

Mecca
Don't forget about a LT. Can't have too many of those.

If they take Bulaga and our 3 years of top 5 picks is...Dorsey, Jackson, Bulaga with Cassel sprinkled in..

I'm gonna set his car on fire and throw pizza sauce at him.

Count Zarth

This is compounded by the fact that Cassel has "character," so there won't be a clear, obvious reason to get rid of him, ala Grbac (although that was more about money) or some other douchebag (Cutler, George).

Cassel will play the good little soldier, manage games like a pro and pull just enough plays out of his ass to keep everyone hoping for the next step.

Welcome to hell.

http://s5.tinypic.com/1zwm0lw_th.jpg

Guru
03-15-2010, 04:08 PM
He'll be shitty.

Mecca
FWIW, from TG's best yardage year, 2004:

13% of yardage on throws behind LOS

47% of yardage on throws under 10 yards in the air.

You're going to have a really hard time finding another QB who had 70%, maybe Trent Edwards he's also captain checkdown.

OnTheWarpath58
Just for comparison what are some other QB's percentages if you can bring that up?

I have class in 20 minutes, but feel free to do your own research.

ESPN shows splits on each player page. Scroll almost to the bottom and it shows the splits for distance pass traveled.

Bugeater
03-15-2010, 04:14 PM
I haven't seen anything that makes me think he has either the talent or leadership qualities necessary to take us anywhere.

Mecca
03-15-2010, 04:17 PM
I haven't seen anything that makes me think he has either the talent or leadership qualities necessary to take us anywhere.

He can take us to Burger King.

JD10367
03-15-2010, 04:18 PM

Yeah, but you probably think he'd drop your fries as he handed them to you, hater. LMAO

Mecca
03-15-2010, 04:19 PM
Yeah, but you probably think he'd drop your fries as he handed them to you, hater. LMAO

Well it's not my fault he has tiny hands.

Pestilence
03-15-2010, 04:20 PM

SEVENTY PERCENT.

I went and looked at the rest of his stats.

What was Cassel's completion percentage on throws of 21 yards or more?

20%

JD10367
03-15-2010, 04:21 PM
Well it's not my fault he has tiny hands.

http://blog.mrhacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/bk_tinyhands.jpg

JD10367
03-15-2010, 04:22 PM

20%

Well, I gues that means 10% went from 10- to 21-yards. :D

Mecca
03-15-2010, 04:22 PM

20%

So about the same percent that Roethlisbergers cock has of getting changed for rape when it pops out.

It's good to be comparable to a top flight QB in something.

DeezNutz
03-15-2010, 04:23 PM

Nope. He forces too many.

MahiMike
03-15-2010, 04:45 PM
Cassel is da MAN!

Justin
03-15-2010, 05:04 PM
I have class in 20 minutes, but feel free to do your own research.

ESPN shows splits on each player page. Scroll almost to the bottom and it shows the splits for distance pass traveled.

Here are some other QB's from the 2009 season for comparison

Peyton Manning
4,500YDS 33TD 16INT CMP% 68.8

8.6% of total yards came from passes thrown behind the LOS.

36.2% came from passes that traveled less than 10 yards in the air.

Drew Brees
4,388YDS 34TD 11INT CMP% 70.6

9.6% of total yards came from passes thrown behind the LOS.

25.8% came from passes that traveled less than 10 yards in the air.

Mark Sanchez
2,444YDS 12TD 20INT CMP% 53.8

6.2% of total yards came from passes thrown behind the LOS.

32.4% came from passes that traveled less than 10 yards in the air.

Brett Favre
4,202YDS 33TD 7INT CMP% 68.4

9.4% of total yards came from passes thrown behind the LOS.

35.3% came from passes that traveled less than 10 yards in the air.

Matt Cassal
2,924YDS 16TD 16INT CMP% 55.0

6.6% of total yards came from passes thrown behind the LOS.

36.3% came from passes that traveled less than 10 yards in the air.

-------------------------------------

I dont think you can really go off that type of statistic. Looking at the CMP% though I think shows a lot. I would like to see what Cassal can do next year then we will go from there.

LaChapelle
03-15-2010, 05:06 PM
He only got a phone conference when he was traded for
I don't think anybody was excited

MTG#10
03-15-2010, 05:08 PM
I dont think he will ever amount to anything, but for now he's still are QB so I will support him and hope Im wrong...

DeezNutz
03-15-2010, 05:09 PM
He only got a phone conference when he was traded for
I don't think anybody was excited

No, he was in the building.

It was just phase one of the bullshit super duper secretive "Patriot way" because the foundation of the dynasty was laid upon childish antics. It had little to do with a franchise QB and dominant defense.

It's all about the signage and the silence.

BigMeatballDave
03-15-2010, 05:22 PM
Wow. This is like an all or nothing thing. RIGHT NOW, I would go with the first option. Who knows what improvments Cassel could make with Weis as OC. Of course, if we do not fix our D, we ain't winning shit.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gracie Dean
03-15-2010, 05:29 PM

and you are a grammatically incorrect unich

LaChapelle
03-15-2010, 05:33 PM
This is like bloody monday
ROFL

Sure-Oz
03-15-2010, 05:34 PM
I voted fail, but im rooting for him to prove me wrong

DeezNutz
03-15-2010, 05:40 PM
I voted fail, but im rooting for him to prove me wrong

I've said this lots, and there's much truthiness to it.

But I'm rooting even more heavily for Pioli to wise the fuck up and get a better option because I don't think I'm wrong.

Sure-Oz
03-15-2010, 05:42 PM
I've said this lots, and there's much truthiness to it.

But I'm rooting even more heavily for Pioli to wise the **** up and get a better option because I don't think I'm wrong.

I agree there, there isn't room for 2 DM's in KC

tmax63
03-15-2010, 05:47 PM
I think you need a third option, a doesn't suck but not a gimme to go to the SB. He's not a qb that can put the team on his back like peyton did this year with the Colts but with a better supporting cast I think the Chiefs could go quite a ways with him.

Brock
03-15-2010, 05:50 PM
No average game manager option. abstained.

KCUnited
03-15-2010, 06:01 PM
I thought this was light towards the 'he wouldn't amount to shit' crowd, but then I remembered that this could very well be 93% in favor of Cassell in ChiefsNation, guys sitting on hold right now to talk about LT's.

Mecca
03-15-2010, 06:03 PM
This thing is almost 50/50......that's stunning. I'd love to know what you've seen of him to make you think he's the guy.

Pioli Zombie
03-15-2010, 06:19 PM

I do follow my own team. But I live in the KC area now and its fun to have a second home team. I saw what Cassel could do with a good supporting cast. As a Patriots fan I was more than happy with how he was playing at the end of 2008.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kyle DeLexus
03-15-2010, 06:45 PM
He's horrible, I think he'll look a little better with Weis but he'll never be a great QB that will lead a team to the SB.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-15-2010, 06:53 PM

I have no problem with having other fans here. Guys like Buck, D2112, Dylan, even OverHead all add something to football discussions.

However, when someone's only role on here is to wash the balls of players and personnel who aren't even a part of his team anymore, I fail to see what separates him from a Bronco/Raider/Team of the Week troll.

BossChief
03-15-2010, 07:30 PM
I hope I'm dead wrong.

</post>
03-15-2010, 07:31 PM
I was at four of the games this year. Not only does he not produce, but when he doesn't he stands on the sidelines and seems to long for his clipboard again. I don't think he has any sort of confidence in himself at all.

HemiEd
03-15-2010, 07:50 PM

Fuck bragging rights n00b, and how has the Hostetler and Dilfer talent levels performed in the SB lately? Cassel would have to improve a lot to get to their level.

boogblaster
03-15-2010, 08:02 PM
I really don't like his reads or his arm ....

JD10367
03-15-2010, 08:02 PM
**** bragging rights n00b, and how has the Hostetler and Dilfer talent levels performed in the SB lately? Cassel would have to improve a lot to get to their level.

Rapelisburger's done pretty well.

Brad Johnson won in '02.

And, of course, some people still call Brady a "system QB".

Manning won his lone SB with a good run game and defense. He played pretty average.

DeezNutz
03-15-2010, 08:50 PM
You're seriously not putting Roethlisberger among the ranks of "mediocre" QBs, right?

DJ's left nut
03-15-2010, 08:54 PM
Matt Cassel is a piece of shit (c).

stlchiefs
03-15-2010, 09:13 PM
Wow, pretty close to 50/50 at this point. I'm surprised, there are a lot of Casselites out there.

DJ's left nut
03-15-2010, 09:17 PM
Wow, pretty close to 50/50 at this point. I'm surprised, there are a lot of Casselites out there.

Today's Casselite is tomorrow's Cassualty.

BossChief
03-15-2010, 09:24 PM
The ONLY redeeming feature about Cassel was how he did in the final few minutes of games and out of play-action. Everything else was a total loss IMHO.

the Talking Can
03-15-2010, 09:27 PM
cassel's upside is over-the-hill john kitna....

warpaint*
03-15-2010, 09:32 PM
i think he's very average. the sooner we realize and start looking for a better option the better.

KCBOSS1
03-15-2010, 09:37 PM
He's our holdover until next year's draft when Ryan Mallet will be coming out .

Tribal Warfare
03-15-2010, 09:39 PM
The full retard is strong in this thread, Matt " the Hail Mary alterboy" Cassel will lead KC to the promise land bitches!!!!!!!!

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-15-2010, 10:48 PM

LMAO

I do follow my own team. But I live in the KC area now and its fun to have a second home team. I saw what Cassel could do with a good supporting cast. As a Patriots fan I was more than happy with how he was playing at the end of 2008.
Posted via Mobile Device

Discount pricing IS available! :titus:

Matt Cassel is a piece of shit (c).

Today's Casselite is tomorrow's Cassualty.

ROFLROFLROFL

My sarcassel meter is broken.

Chiefs=Good
03-16-2010, 01:02 AM
Whats odd to me is that there seems to be MANY more people willing to protect Cassel than there was for Brodie Croyle..

At least that guy had some potential..........

Count Zarth
03-16-2010, 05:12 AM
and you are a grammatically incorrect unich

It's "eunuch," you dumb bitch. Learn to spell before you decide to start kicking my ass over the internet. You're doing a poor job.

MahiMike
03-16-2010, 06:35 AM
You Cassel haters kill me. Once they got a REAL receiver in Chambers and got rid of LJ, the offense started to click. Now they're signing OL'men in the offseason and will surely get another WR to throw to. Give him another year before this poll is posted again.

Count Zarth
03-16-2010, 06:41 AM
You Cassel haters kill me. Once they got a REAL receiver in Chambers and got rid of LJ, the offense started to click.

And he started throwing 2 interceptions for every touchdown.

the Talking Can
03-16-2010, 06:47 AM
You Cassel haters kill me. Once they got a REAL receiver in Chambers and got rid of LJ, the offense started to click. Now they're signing OL'men in the offseason and will surely get another WR to throw to. Give him another year before this poll is posted again.

cassel got demonstrably worse at the end of the season even as the ol and running game improved...

alanm
03-16-2010, 07:03 AM
He'll get better. I don't know about the SB part though.

tymania
03-16-2010, 07:08 AM
Matt Cassel will lead us to the playoffs this year... mark my words!!:clap:

suds79
03-16-2010, 07:11 AM
You know sometimes it takes teams years to find a QB.

I hope I'm wrong but until I see something that I can point to that makes me says he's got that "it" factor, I'm skeptical.

I just saw a lot of missed throws when he had plenty of protection last year.

The good news is that we'll get to find out this year. No more excuses.

Chiefs=Good
03-16-2010, 07:35 AM

Woodrow Call
03-16-2010, 09:10 AM
47% on maybe the least homer driven board around, probably means at least 60% of all Chiefs fans think Cassel is the answer.

:banghead:

OnTheWarpath58
03-16-2010, 09:17 AM
47% on maybe the least homer driven board around, probably means at least 60% of all Chiefs fans think Cassel is the answer.

:banghead:

Oh, it's WAY higher than that.

I remember starting a poll over at WPI and asking if Matt Cassel has the ability to put a team on his back and win a championship.

Over 90% said yes.

ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-16-2010, 09:19 AM
Matt Cassel will back that ass up Herm Edwards, 2006-style in to playoffs this year... mark my words!!:clap:

fxd!

tymania
03-16-2010, 10:16 AM
fxd!

ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-16-2010, 10:20 AM
ROFL

I'm telling you; it's coming. Be ready.

tymania
03-16-2010, 10:22 AM
I'm telling you; it's coming. Be ready.

whats coming? matt cassel backing his ass up into Herm Edwards? or Us making the playoffs like we did in 06?

Tom_A_Hawk
03-16-2010, 10:28 AM
I will go with pussy response....too early to tell with what we saw last year.
If it was strictly what we saw last year, we have to get another QB.

Ask again on week 5.

whoman69
03-16-2010, 12:11 PM
Definitely need the Gaz option.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-21-2010, 05:16 PM
whats coming? matt cassel backing his ass up into Herm Edwards? or Us making the playoffs like we did in 06?

Rephrase:

"Matt Cassel will luckily, as if by Luciferian Blood Contract, and on the back of Jamal Charles, back the Chiefs collective asses up in to the 2010 playoffs first-round wild card in complete and utter 2006 Herm Edwards-style.

"Yea, and the idiotic cries of "told you so/franchise quarterback"! shall ring across the land as if all teh True Fans had consumed pure MDMA when in fact they had just bought and consumed the Brown Acid".