PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Lilja is a Chief per 810

Pages : [1] 2

Farzin
03-16-2010, 11:28 AM
THE DEAL IS DONE

CoMoChief
03-16-2010, 11:29 AM
Lilja.....welcome back to Arrowhead. The home of 10,000 screaming fans.

DBOSHO
03-16-2010, 11:30 AM
to the pool-noodle!

Mr. Flopnuts
http://twitter.com/TheprogramKC

DeezNutz
Whew.

O-line, fixed.

DMAC
Lilja.....welcome back to Arrowhead. The home of 10,000 screaming fans.Yep...back to just being the home of the brave.

Good to have you back I guess, Lilja.

BigCatDaddy
03-16-2010, 11:31 AM
This should cool off the drafting a LT talk since Albert won't be playing guard.

DBOSHO
03-16-2010, 11:34 AM
http://twitter.com/TheprogramKC

you can change your location now

Mr. Flopnuts
you can change your location now

Thanks for the reminder.

Frosty
This should cool off the drafting a LT talk since Albert won't be playing guard.

Now it will switch to moving Albert to RT. :rolleyes:

Coogs
03-16-2010, 11:36 AM
Chambers
Jones
Wiegmann
Lilja

Solid offseason so far on the offensive side IMO.

DBOSHO
03-16-2010, 11:36 AM
who was the other olineman we got besides lilja and weigmann? i forget

petegz28
03-16-2010, 11:37 AM
Whew.

O-line, fixed.

Definitely upgraded. Lilja has played on 2 superbowl teams. That is more than anyone else on our team can say. Now the question is, WTF are they going to play him?

petegz28
03-16-2010, 11:38 AM
Chambers
Jones
Wiegmann
Lilja

Agreed. So far Scott has done a better than average job. And much better compared to last year.

Mr. Flopnuts
Chambers
Jones
Wiegmann
Lilja

I don't know if I'd go that far, but they're definitely making some moves to try and give themselves more options going into the draft. At least I hope that's what it is.

Chiefnj2
Why is this a good move? Didn't he fail Indy's physical? Isn't he a bit undersized?

DaneMcCloud
03-16-2010, 11:40 AM
Chambers
Jones
Wiegmann
Lilja

Three guys in their 30's and Lilja is solid?

Expectations must be at an all time low amongst the fan base.

DaneMcCloud
03-16-2010, 11:41 AM
Why is this a good move? Didn't he fail Indy's physical? Isn't he a bit undersized?

It's a good move because Scott Pioli says so

ChiTown
I don't know if I'd go that far, but they're definitely making some moves to try and give themselves more options going into the draft. At least I hope that's what it is.

They're filling holes, and building depth. I got no problem with that.

corandval
Will he play LG and possibly move Waters to right, Lilja doesn't seem big enough to play RG

'Hamas' Jenkins
Definitely upgraded. Lilja has played on 2 superbowl teams. That is more than anyone else on our team can say. Now the question is, WTF are they going to play him?

Vrabel.

BryanBusby
03-16-2010, 11:42 AM
Super Bowl here we come

DeezNutz

What I was thinking.

Coogs

I didn't say great. However, these moves IMO allow us to focus more on the defensive side of the ball in this draft. That is why I rate it solid.

Mr. Flopnuts

That's pretty much how I see it.

DBOSHO
03-16-2010, 11:43 AM

we get it, you hate the chiefs. go away

Wilson8
03-16-2010, 11:43 AM
Shaun Smith was the DL that they signed.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-16-2010, 11:44 AM

We upgraded from signing STers to signing backups.

Reerun_KC
03-16-2010, 11:44 AM

Agree, nice to see them do something......

Cant wait til the fall... This is going to be a fun season!

L.A. Chieffan
03-16-2010, 11:46 AM
So what was all that shit about him not passing a physical? Was it bullshit?

Dave Lane
03-16-2010, 11:47 AM

Yeah because Lilja > LG than Albert

Marcellus
03-16-2010, 11:47 AM
It's a good move because Scott Pioli says so

What FA guard that is available other than Lilja should we have jumped on?

L.A. Chieffan
03-16-2010, 11:49 AM
Are the Chiefs medical staff more lenient on players passing physicals than other teams? As long as they have a pulse are they good to go?

petegz28
03-16-2010, 11:50 AM
Vrabel.

Are you equating Lilja to Vrabel?

BryanBusby
03-16-2010, 11:53 AM
Are the Chiefs medical staff more lenient on players passing physicals than other teams? As long as they have a pulse are they good to go?

Pulse is optional. Afterall, Kendrell Bell got a contract.

warrior
03-16-2010, 11:53 AM

Pretty much how I feel----gives the Chiefs more flexibility in the draft. :)

Delano
03-16-2010, 11:54 AM

There are some young guards on this team who need a shot to play with the first team. Not Indy's detritus.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud

None.

The Chiefs have Ndukwe, Harris, Waters and Brown. That's four guards.

I'm not sure I see why they need five.

DeezNutz
Are you equating Lilja to Vrabel?

If some of the reports about Lilja's health are true, you might have just offended the latter broke dick.

petegz28
03-16-2010, 11:55 AM
If some of the reports about Lilja's health are true, you might have just offended the latter broke dick.

Well, we shall see. I still think this is a move in the right direction. Is Lilja the best O-lineman out there? No. Does he upgrade this line if healthy. Yes.

suds79
03-16-2010, 11:56 AM
There are some young guards on this team who need a shot to play with the first team. Not Indy's detritus.
Posted via Mobile Device

They'll get that in training camp. May the best man win.

Marcellus
03-16-2010, 11:57 AM
None.

I am just guessing it is competition like anything else. He isn't going to break the bank and is likely a short term deal.

He also knows the zone blocking scheme we are now running which can't necessarily be said for the others. Especially the way they played last year.

warrior
03-16-2010, 11:58 AM

That's OK there's a lot of broke dicks in the DC forum. :D

alpha_omega
03-16-2010, 11:58 AM
Why is this a good move? Didn't he fail Indy's physical?

I agree...i would like to hear some more information about this!!!!!

Delano
03-16-2010, 11:59 AM
They'll get that in training camp. May the best man win.

You mean like last year when Lilja, oops, I mean Goff stole those valuable snaps?
Posted via Mobile Device

CoMoChief
03-16-2010, 11:59 AM

Vrabel would like to see you.

DaneMcCloud
03-16-2010, 12:01 PM
I am just guessing it is competition like anything else. He isn't going to break the bank and is likely a short term deal.

He also knows the zone blocking scheme we are now running which can't necessarily be said for the others. Especially the way they played last year.

Waters is declining but still far better than Lilja.

Ndukwe is truly a right guard and started the entire 2008 season for Miami at that position.

Colin Brown and Darryl Harris both looked very, very good at right and left guard during last year's preseason and Harris was called up to the 53 in December.

I'd like a Chiefs front office at some point in time draft young players and play them. I understand that they couldn't play Brown last year because they put him on IR but even with that said, I don't understand this signing.

And it most certainly isn't any cause for joy.

petegz28
Vrabel would like to see you.

I meant on the O-line. I should have clarified.

ChiTown
None.

My guess is that they don't know what they have yet with Harris and Brown - hence, bring in a proven vet in Lilja for competition. Obviously, they wouldn't have brought him in if they were comfy with their other G's.

kcfanXIII
03-16-2010, 12:02 PM
this isn't a horrible signing, and it adds talent to a position that we can all agree needs improvement, oline. we all knew this would not be a great off season for FA, but at least scott & co are making an effort this year.

Jerm
03-16-2010, 12:02 PM
3 yr deal according to Jason LaCanfora.
Posted via Mobile Device

Coogs
03-16-2010, 12:03 PM
My guess is that they don't know what they have yet with Harris and Brown - hence, bring in a proven vet in Lilja for competition. Obviously, they wouldn't have brought him in if they were comfy with their other G's.

This

DeezNutz
My guess is that they don't know what they have yet with Harris and Brown.

Uh oh. Another "evaluation year"?

BigCatDaddy
Yeah because Lilja > LG than Albert

You don't pay Lija the kind of dough they probably paid to use him as a backup. Him and Waters are obviously going to be the starting guards.

keg in kc
And it most certainly isn't any cause for joy.It isn't, but I don't think it's a cause for sorrow either. It's a cheap body with a local connection. Nothing more, nothing less.

DaneMcCloud
03-16-2010, 12:04 PM

If your assumption is correct, why not re-sign Wade Smith?

He had his best season ever last year and seamless filled in at various spots along the line, while upgrading each position he played.

The offensive line was greatly improved when he started in place of Goff. The running game exploded and Cassel was only sacked 8 times in the last six games.

ChiTown
03-16-2010, 12:07 PM

He had his best season ever last year and seamless filled in at various spots along the line, while upgrading each position he played.

The offensive line was greatly improved when he started in place of Goff. The running game exploded and Cassel was only sacked 8 times in the last six games.

I liked Wade Smith as well - I especially liked his versatility along the line. I can't answer the question as to why he left. I can only speculate - and quite frankly, who cares what I think.

KCUnited
03-16-2010, 12:07 PM
Lil' JA

DaneMcCloud
03-16-2010, 12:09 PM
I liked Wade Smith as well - I especially liked his versatility along the line. I can't answer the question as to why he left. I can only speculate - and quite frankly, who cares what I think.

Well, I care.

That's what we're all here for.

Titty Meat
03-16-2010, 12:11 PM

Oh great Dane Hates the move:rolleyes: Billay is on Danes nuts again :rolleyes:/ The peoples church true chiefs fan.

LaChapelle
03-16-2010, 12:11 PM
You can't make the club from the tub
but you might be able to go back to the '80s

RedThat
03-16-2010, 12:12 PM

I certainly was disappointed when they didn't re-sign W. Smith.

But my guess is the signings of Wiegman and Lilja are examples of players who are products of the system we are going to run under Charlie Weis.

I think thats the plan. Finding the right role players that are suitable for a particular scheme. Players who understand and know their role within the scheme more than anything.

We are going to be more of zone blocking team. I think thats the direction they're headed. Wiegman excels under that scheme, and so does Lilja. the scheme the Chiefs are going to run is best and properly suited to the strengths of those players.

Coogs
03-16-2010, 12:13 PM

I think filling the vacancy left by losing Wade Smith was huge. IDK if Lilja fills that role exactly, but maybe with the Wiegmann and Lilja signing, it frees us someone like Rudy to fill that void.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-16-2010, 12:13 PM
Wade Smith was too expensive, and if Lilja got paid that much, Pioli is a fucking mong.

Quesadilla Joe
03-16-2010, 12:14 PM
Following up: Ryan Lilja's deal with the Chiefs is for three years

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/10580491689

DaneMcCloud
03-16-2010, 12:14 PM
I certainly was disappointed when they didn't re-sign W. Smith.

But my guess is the signings of Wiegman and Lilja are examples of players who are products of the system we are going to run under Charlie Weis.

I think thats the plan. Finding the right role players that are suitable for a particular scheme. Players who understand and know their role within the scheme more than anything.

We are going to be more of zone blocking team. I think thats the direction they're headed. Wiegman excels under that scheme, and so does Lilja. the scheme the Chiefs are going to run is best and properly suited to the strengths of those players.

Yeah but they're old.

Weigman is 37 years old. Lilja is only 28 but broken down.

If Weigman's signing means the end of Niswanger, good. But Lilja's signing only complicates the situation at guard because the young guys need to start.

ChiTown
03-16-2010, 12:15 PM
Well, I care.

That's what we're all here for.

OK, my personal opinion is that they didn't like him as a Guard. He's going into his 8th or 9th season as a player who has played a lot of positions in the NFL along the OL (including LT and C). They wanted to focus more on players who were true OG's, and he just didn't fit the bill in their system. That's just my opinion.

DaneMcCloud
03-16-2010, 12:15 PM
I think filling the vacancy left by losing Wade Smith was huge. IDK if Lilja fills that role exactly, but maybe with the Wiegmann and Lilja signing, it frees us someone like Rudy to fill that void.

I truly wish that "Rudy" would never, ever, ever suit up for the Chiefs again.

EVER.

Coogs
03-16-2010, 12:16 PM
But Lilja's signing only complicates the situation at guard because the young guys need to start.

If the young guys need to start, then they should be able to earn that right this full offseason and training camp. If not, then it is good to have a backup plan in place, and Lilja at the very worst should provide that security blanket.

Coogs
03-16-2010, 12:17 PM

EVER.

Actually, that would be my wish as well.

BigCatDaddy
03-16-2010, 12:19 PM
Yeah but they're old.

Weigman is 37 years old. Lilja is only 28 but broken down.

If Weigman's signing means the end of Niswanger, good. But Lilja's signing only complicates the situation at guard because the young guys need to start.

And with the way offensive lineman go down I'm sure we will see the younger kids get there chance.

BryanBusby
03-16-2010, 12:20 PM
Wait....I thought Lilja hated the Chiefs?

Titty Meat
03-16-2010, 12:27 PM
Was the Bon Jovi concert the deal breaker for Lilja?

Jerm
03-16-2010, 12:28 PM
Was the Bon Jovi concert the deal breaker for Lilja?

It was meeting Trace Adkins.

kcxiv
03-16-2010, 12:30 PM
Dane hates everything the Chiefs do. So what its for depth. They gotta start and sign somewhere. Maybe they didn't fucking like Wade Smith all that much. They see alot more of him then we do.

IF this helps the line then so be it. This team is already very young, so we signed a few older guys big fucking deal. Alot of the older guys are interchangeable after seasons end anyways. YOu always have to have that mixture anyways.

its not like we were going to go 12-4 into the play offs. If this is the way they want to build their team with their vision so be it., I will reserve judgement until i see how it works. They do deserve that much.

If people dont want to give them that much, well thats your fucking problem.

BossChief
03-16-2010, 12:31 PM
I like this signing.

It gives us good depth at worst and means that we are less likely to take a OL with our top pick.

Titty Meat
03-16-2010, 12:33 PM
Dane hates everything the Chiefs do. So what its for depth. They gotta start and sign somewhere. Maybe they didn't ****ing like Wade Smith all that much. They see alot more of him then we do.

IF this helps the line then so be it. This team is already very young, so we signed a few older guys big ****ing deal. Alot of the older guys are interchangeable after seasons end anyways. YOu always have to have that mixture anyways.

its not like we were going to go 12-4 into the play offs. If this is the way they want to build their team with their vision so be it., I will reserve judgement until i see how it works. They do deserve that much.

If people dont want to give them that much, well thats your ****ing problem.

Here it goes with the dumbassness. "Maybe they didn't like Wade smith that much". Yea a guy who can play 3 positions on the line and play them good sucks.

dirk digler
I like this signing.

It gives us good depth at worst and means that we are less likely to take a OL with our top pick.

Kind of where I am at.

DeezNutz
I like this signing.

I have serious doubts about the wisdom of this signing, but, if the bold is true, Pioli backed his way into a solid decision.

Ryan long snapper Lilja, FTMFW.

dirk digler
03-16-2010, 12:37 PM
Lilja has been a starter for 4 straight years with one of the best teams in the NFL while Wade Smith has been a career backup. I don't get the comparison.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-16-2010, 12:38 PM
I have have serious doubts about the wisdom of this signing, but, if the bold is true, Pioli backed his way into a solid decision.

Ryan long snapper Lilja, FTMFW.

There is a Ulysses-type depth to your penzing.

Titty Meat
03-16-2010, 12:38 PM
Lilja has been a starter for 4 straight years with one of the best teams in the NFL while Wade Smith has been a career backup. I don't get the comparison.

It's really not that difficult to understand. Lilja wasn't that good last year Wade Smith was good when he played.

Just Passin' By
03-16-2010, 12:39 PM
Good signing, as long as the failed physical was an excuse to get out of paying his contract.

OnTheWarpath15
03-16-2010, 12:42 PM
The best part of this signing is that it narrows the chances of Albert being moved.

Unfortunately, it's still entirely possible that we do something monumentally stupid and either move Albert to RT or draft a RT at 5th overall.

BossChief
03-16-2010, 12:43 PM
He missed 2008...

bsp4444
03-16-2010, 12:45 PM
You don't pay Lija the kind of dough they probably paid to use him as a backup. Him and Waters are obviously going to be the starting guards.

It's so obvious, because of the dollars and all.

What are those dollars, again?

BigCatDaddy
03-16-2010, 12:47 PM
It's so obvious, because of the dollars and all.

What are those dollars, again?

You can bet your ass it won't e 500K and lifetime supply of subway sandwiches. I assure you it will be more then what you sign a backup lineman for. Do you disagree with that presumption? If you do, I'll back to you once the numbers are released. I'm guessing 3 years - 6mil at least.

Mr. Laz
03-16-2010, 12:52 PM

LT - Okung
LG - Albert
C - Waters
RG - Lilja
RT - O'callaghan

:fire:

BigCatDaddy
03-16-2010, 12:55 PM
LT - Okung
LG - Albert
C - Waters
RG - Lilja
RT - O'callaghan

Then why sign Weigman, who can only play center, if you are going to do that?

ChiTown
03-16-2010, 12:57 PM
Then why sign Weigman, who can only play center, if you are going to do that?

Not that we are going to go with Laz's lineup, but Weigman would provide quality depth in that scenario.

dirk digler
03-16-2010, 12:58 PM
It's really not that difficult to understand. Lilja wasn't that good last year Wade Smith was good when he played.

Just reading around about his situation at the Colts most people considered him the 2nd best OL on that team. Unless he is hurt this is an upgrade over who we have or had.

philfree
03-16-2010, 12:59 PM
Maybe Waters gets released? It's not like he's one of Haley's guys. Expect change.

PhilFree:arrow:

bsp4444
03-16-2010, 01:01 PM
You can bet your ass it won't e 500K and lifetime supply of subway sandwiches. I assure you it will be more then what you sign a backup lineman for. Do you disagree with that presumption? If you do, I'll back to you once the numbers are released. I'm guessing 3 years - 6mil at least.

What I don't agree with is making a grand assumption based on another grand assumption. Lilja didn't appear to have many suitors, no scheduled visits, so I doubt he held very much leverage in negotiations. I'd like to think that the Chiefs signed him to a contract less than what Thomas Jones made, but according to you...no way.

Consistent1
03-16-2010, 01:01 PM
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/1967/ballinl.jpg (http://img692.imageshack.us/i/ballinl.jpg/)

DaneMcCloud
03-16-2010, 01:02 PM
LT - Okung
LG - Albert
C - Waters
RG - Lilja
RT - O'callaghan

Fucking stupid.

But why should we be surprised at your constant dumbassery?

DaneMcCloud
03-16-2010, 01:02 PM
Maybe Waters gets released? It's not like he's one of Haley's guys. Expect change.

Released?

He's worth a 2nd rounder, easily.

I know because I've read it on Chiefsplanet.

BigCatDaddy
03-16-2010, 01:03 PM
What I don't agree with is making a grand assumption based on another grand assumption. Lilja didn't appear to have many suitors, no scheduled visits, so I doubt he held very much leverage in negotiations. I'd like to think that the Chiefs signed him to a contract less than what Thomas Jones made, but according to you...no way.

Cool, I'll bump this thread when the numbers are released. I'd say it's in the ball park of what TJ got.

ChiTown
Released?

He's worth a 2nd rounder, easily.

I know because I've read it on Chiefsplanet.

ROFL

Mr. Laz
Not that we are going to go with Laz's lineup, but Weigman would provide quality depth in that scenario.
personally i think the Wiegmann might end up retiring and is going to move back to KC if it doesn't work out anyway because of his GF/Wife.

who knows ... maybe he will be an Oline coach or do sports talk radio.

he's a insurance policy against Waters not be able to make the transition to Center.

that's said ... i have no idea whether that lineup with happen i was just throwing something out there.

but .....

Waters has work at center a bit before(had trouble with exchange)
albert has work at guard before(college)
Haley did mention Waters sliding into Center(a month ago or so)

besides is fun messing with all the people who freak out about the possibility of drafting an Oline in the 1st round. Maybe they will all join into some kind of suicide agreement and off themselves. :D

BigCatDaddy
03-16-2010, 01:11 PM

I would think for depth you would keep players that are more versitle and younger. That lineup just isn't happening.

teedubya
03-16-2010, 01:12 PM
He was pissed that he had to go to Indy to win a Superbowl and play in another, so he wanted to come to KC where there is no chance of such things occurring.

CoMoChief
03-16-2010, 01:16 PM
LT - Okung
LG - Waters
C - Weigmann
RG - Lilja
RT - Albert

Sadly I really see this happening. We will pass on Berry, and Chiefs nation will start riots.

TRR
03-16-2010, 01:16 PM
Good signing. Possible starter at RG unless beaten out or not healthy, and quality depth in case Waters is injured.

The OLine should have quality competition unlike last season.
Posted via Mobile Device

T-post Tom
03-16-2010, 01:19 PM
KK's show (810) sez:

1. Chiefs building the oldest and smallest NFL o-line.

2. Chiefs appear to be going low salary in anticipation of strike year.

:rolleyes:

Deberg_1990
03-16-2010, 01:20 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Insider-Blog-Full-Circle/432753f9-b85b-45a8-a270-6f6c11c9f1b6

per Looney:

When we let Lilja get away..

Here’s what the Chiefs official depth chart looked like, behind the five o-line starters, on Opening Day in 2004:

LT – Jordan Black, Kevin Sampson

LG – Jordan Black

C – Chris Bober

RG – John Welbourne

RT – Brett Williams

ROFL

TRR
03-16-2010, 01:21 PM
KK's show (810) sez:

Awesome! Glass half empty...
Posted via Mobile Device

Deberg_1990
03-16-2010, 01:23 PM

All the more reason to take Okung then....see where Pioli is going with this??

dirk digler
03-16-2010, 01:23 PM
KK's show (810) sez:

Disagree with 1. Lilja isn't old he is 28 and should be in his prime. Waters and Weigman are the only old guys.

I agree with #2 or that they are expecting a new CBA and spending a ton of money next year.

dirk digler
03-16-2010, 01:26 PM
and just to add

Lilja = 290 28 years old
Weigman = 285 36 years old
Waters = 320 33 years old
Alberts = 316 25 years old
Callaghan = 330 26 years old

Average weight = 308.2
Average age = 29.6

nychief
03-16-2010, 01:26 PM
i think we are implementing more zone blocking... hence weigman and lilja, as for the age... i dunno... we'll see where we are after the draft.

RedThat
03-16-2010, 01:27 PM
Waters and Wiegman may be old, but they're one of the most durable players in the league and can still give you decent play.

Marcellus
03-16-2010, 01:29 PM
and just to add

Lilja = 290
Weigman = 285
Waters = 320
Alberts = 316
Callaghan = 330

Smaller on the right side but not the smallest or oldest line in the NFL.

FloridaMan88
03-16-2010, 01:30 PM
Why would the Colts release a 28 year old starting offensive lineman seemingly in the prime of his career?

Titty Meat
03-16-2010, 01:31 PM
Why would the Colts release a 28 year old starting offensive lineman seemingly in the prime of his career?

Bad knees. How did those other guars do when the Colts dumped them?

DeezNutz
03-16-2010, 01:33 PM

Because it's an organization with a recent history of making poor decision after poor decision.

dirk digler
03-16-2010, 01:35 PM

They wanted to go bigger and since Mudd has retired this gives them this opportunity.

penchief

I've been thinking that they might try to get something of value for Waters. A team that thinks it's close to competing might cough up a fourth rounder for him if he filled a need.

Coogs
All the more reason to take Okung then....see where Pioli is going with this??

I could see Wiegmann being a 1 year tutor for someone like Tennant as well.

dirk digler
03-16-2010, 01:36 PM
Because it's an organization with a recent history of making poor decision after poor decision.

They signed Andy Alleman so are the Chiefs dumb or are the Colts dumb?

Rooster
03-16-2010, 01:36 PM
Waters and Wiegman may be old, but they're one of the most durable players in the league and can still give you decent play.

They are buddies too. Through thick and thin. Brothers from another mother.

DeezNutz
03-16-2010, 01:37 PM
They signed Andy Alleman so are the Chiefs dumb or are the Colts dumb?

Oh, Pioli has had the magic touch since coming to KC. I trust his expertise completely.

I just hope he can make the games fun again, like they were when Vermeil was here!

Go Chiefs!

Titty Meat
03-16-2010, 01:39 PM
Oh, Pioli has had the magic touch since coming to KC. I trust his expertise completely.

I just hope he can make the games fun again, like they were when Vermeil was here!

Go Chiefs!

You are being sarcastic you hate the Chiefs! Is there an echo in here? This guy just agrees with Dane all the time.

dirk digler
03-16-2010, 01:41 PM

Go Chiefs!

It was a serious question.

DeezNutz
You are being sarcastic you hate the Chiefs! Is there an echo in here? This guy just agrees with Dane all the time.

I'm really a Jets troll who came over with Herm. I simply had an interest to see how my beloved coach would do with your team, and I ended up sticking around for awhile.

Sorry you sad sacks of shit have Cassel as your QB.

DeezNutz
It was a serious question.

And you received a legitimate answer. /Swift

dirk digler
03-16-2010, 01:45 PM
And you received a legitimate answer. /Swift

I call BS

DeezNutz
03-16-2010, 01:48 PM
I call BS

On what?

I answered the question very clearly. Directly? Eh. But very, very clearly.

So let me be more direct: At this point I've seen precious little evidence to suggest that Pioli wouldn't fuck up a wet dream, so until he provides otherwise, I'll consider him to have the talent evaluating skills of his soul mate, Dayton Moore.

Archie Bunker
03-16-2010, 01:48 PM

Because they used up his best years, which could've been in a Chiefs uniform if your lord and savior wasn't a short sighted piece of shit, and now he is probably done.

dirk digler
03-16-2010, 01:51 PM
On what?

So let me be more direct: At this point I've seen precious little evidence to suggest that Pioli wouldn't fuck up a wet dream, so until he provides otherwise, I'll consider him to have the talent evaluating skills of his soul mate, Dayton Moore.

I don't think you answered my question so I will try again. Are the Chiefs stupid for cutting Alleman and are the Colts smart for signing him or vice versa?

Sure-Oz
03-16-2010, 01:51 PM
On what?

So let me be more direct: At this point I've seen precious little evidence to suggest that Pioli wouldn't **** up a wet dream, so until he provides otherwise, I'll consider him to have the talent evaluating skills of his soul mate, Dayton Moore.

I agree with this, both guys known to be 'great execs asst gms etc' havent shown shit yet....Pioli doesn't get much patience and his draft last year wasn't good at all, esp our top pick. The FA decisions are mediocre at best

This draft will make this place implode or have hope that pioli isnt clueless

MahiMike
03-16-2010, 01:53 PM
Chambers
Jones
Wiegmann
Lilja

I defy you to find a team with a better offseason so far.

Bill Lundberg
03-16-2010, 01:55 PM
The FA decisions are mediocre at best

Just curious what you're basing this on?

DeezNutz
03-16-2010, 01:58 PM
I don't think you answered my question so I will try again. Are the Chiefs stupid for cutting Alleman and are the Colts smart for signing him or vice versa?

I'm sorry that you didn't understand my initial post because, again, I answered the question.

How did the Chiefs acquire Alleman, again? Oh, and how did the Colts acquire him? And what is his role going to be in Indy, since they also gave up something to get him?

I always like fictitious binaries.

But...right now, keeping Alleman would make far more sense than signing Lilja. But I wouldn't have made the trade for him in the first place.

Sure-Oz
03-16-2010, 01:59 PM
Just curious what you're basing this on?

Any standouts on our team that we've signed? Chambers was a decent pickup, but other than that? Alot of depth type of moves, no splashes.

Bill Lundberg
03-16-2010, 02:00 PM
Any standouts on our team that we've signed? Chambers was a decent pickup, but other than that? Alot of depth type of moves, no splashes.

Who would you have liked to have seen signed that qualifies as a "standout"?

Sure-Oz
03-16-2010, 02:03 PM

Maybe a guy like Peppers, or another WR that would've helped like Walter and I would've liked an attempt at Dansby. I do like the Thomas Jones signing though. I am willing to give the guy a chance, we'll see how this draft goes and next years free agency.

nychief
03-16-2010, 02:04 PM

5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

"come on man! playmakers! guys who make plays! Who play to win the game! jimmy clausen... because i saw him on TV once."

Fairplay
03-16-2010, 02:04 PM
I'm still hoping the Chiefs draft an O-linemen in the first round just to see this place go off.

Sure-Oz
03-16-2010, 02:05 PM
I'm still hoping the Chiefs draft an O-linemen in the first round just to see this place go off.

i think either way something will happen, i just really hope we dont fuck up our picks, there are guys that can really help this team out there

dirk digler
03-16-2010, 02:08 PM
I'm sorry that you didn't understand my initial post because, again, I answered the question.

How did the Chiefs acquire Alleman, again? Oh, and how did the Colts acquire him? And what is his role going to be in Indy, since they also gave up something to get him?

I always like fictitious binaries.

But...right now, keeping Alleman would make far more sense than signing Lilja. But I wouldn't have made the trade for him in the first place.

I wasn't trying to create a fictitious binary I was just asking a question. Pioli and now Polian saw something in the guy to give him a roster spot. Of course so did 3 other teams in 3 years and each time he got cut\traded.

Do you remember what pick we traded for Alleman\Ndukwe?

I like the signing of Lilja as long as he is healthy. He is fairly young and should be in the prime of his career. He is a definite upgrade over anything we had at the position.

Dayze
5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

"come on man! playmakers! guys who make plays! Who play to win the game! jimmy clausen... because i saw him on TV once."

c'mon. Everyone knows you draft playmakers, not sign them in FA.:evil:

Bill Lundberg
Maybe a guy like Peppers, or another WR that would've helped like Walter and I would've liked an attempt at Dansby. I do like the Thomas Jones signing though. I am willing to give the guy a chance, we'll see how this draft goes and next years free agency.

I think Peppers was a Bear well before free agency ever began. Dansby would have been good, but the only way we would have gotten him here is by paying an ungodly amount of $$ for him. I'm with you on Walter, but for the short term Chambers is just as good and already knows the system. Walter is used to having the best receiver in the game on the field with him. Odds are he won't be as effective without that elite WR opposite him.

I'm not being a dick, I'm just pointing out that for who we are right now I think he's doing the best he can with what he has. The draft will be key, if he doesn't prove himself in this year's draft, I'll be much more ready to give up on him. No way I'm there yet.

DeezNutz
03-16-2010, 02:11 PM
I wasn't trying to create a fictitious binary I was just asking a question. Pioli and now Polian saw something in the guy to give him a roster spot. Of course so did 3 other teams in 3 years and each time he got cut\traded.

Do you remember what pick we traded for Alleman\Ndukwe?

I like the signing of Lilja as long as he is healthy. He is fairly young and should be in the prime of his career. He is a definite upgrade over anything we had at the position.

My bad.

I believe it was a late-round selection. We don't have any 6th or 7th rounders, for example.

Here's my deal. Yeah, people saw something in Alleman, just like Pioli, who saw enough to give up something of real value in return. Yes, I'm one of those idiots who think even 6th or 7th round selections can be meaningful.

That said, I'd rather have Alleman for o-line depth than a player who *might* be washed up because of injuries. Now, I guess this is where you have to trust your medical staff. If they say Lilja is fine, well, all right...

Sure-Oz
03-16-2010, 02:11 PM
I think Peppers was a Bear well before free agency ever began. Dansby would have been good, but the only way we would have gotten him here is by paying an ungodly amount of $$ for him. I'm with you on Walter, but for the short term Chambers is just as good and already knows the system. Walter is used to having the best receiver in the game on the field with him. Odds are he won't be as effective without that elite WR opposite him.

I'm not being a dick, I'm just pointing out that for who we are right now I think he's doing the best he can with what he has. The draft will be key, if he doesn't prove himself in this year's draft, I'll be much more ready to give up on him. No way I'm there yet.

I agree with you, and no worries...

I am not giving up on him yet, i just hope he gets some good players in this draft and im not wondering 'who the fuck is that' when i see the picks made. Last year i hated seeing tyson jackson drafted. I agree with peppers, def. wouldve loved to get dansby but who knows if they tried, we are a hard sell right now anyway.

gblowfish
03-16-2010, 02:16 PM
I thought this guy's knees were shot?
How'd he pass a physical?
If he can play, great. If not, just another training camp motivator for the young guys trying to make the 40 man roster.

Mecca
03-16-2010, 02:16 PM
Now I wonder if this signing was made cause it's a local guy and they missed out on Sproles...

Mecca
03-16-2010, 02:17 PM
I thought this guy's knees were shot?
How'd he pass a physical?
If he can play, great. If not, just another training camp motivator for the young guys trying to make the 40 man roster.

Because if a team really wants to sign a guy like that they can just pass him on his physical, it wouldn't be the first time it happened.

dirk digler
03-16-2010, 02:19 PM
My bad.

I believe it was a late-round selection. We don't have any 6th or 7th rounders, for example.

Here's my deal. Yeah, people saw something in Alleman, just like Pioli, who saw enough to give up something of real value in return. Yes, I'm one of those idiots who think even 6th or 7th round selections can be meaningful.

That said, I'd rather have Alleman for o-line depth than a player who *might* be washed up because of injuries. Now, I guess this is where you have to trust your medical staff. If they say Lilja is fine, well, all right...

Fair enough. If Lilja is healthy then we have a legit starter instead of a 3rd team backup. I would hope the Chiefs medical staff isn't retarded and cleared him though nothing would surprise me.

dirk digler
03-16-2010, 02:21 PM
Now I wonder if this signing was made cause it's a local guy and they missed out on Sproles...

I doubt that came into the Chiefs decision making. People don't pay to see local players that play OL.

Marcellus
03-16-2010, 02:21 PM

Option 1. Allemen who hasn't done a thing in the league but bounce from team to team and who might have potential.
Option 2. Lilja who has a history as a starter, has played exceptionally well most of his career, 28 years old, mainly needs to get healthy (started every game last year) and you have a known commodity.

I take option #2 every time assuming he passes a physical, which he apparently did.

ChiTown
03-16-2010, 02:22 PM

ROFL

KCFLAKE
03-16-2010, 02:22 PM
Good Signing. We may actually have an O Line this year. Maybe Matt Cassle won't have to do his best Michael Vick impression every game.

DaneMcCloud
03-16-2010, 02:24 PM

I couldn't disagree more.

He is in no way, shape or form, an "upgrade" over Wade Smith.

And why would Bill Polian cut a guy in the prime of his career?

MMXcalibur
I don't mind the signing of Lilja at all.

After the bloodbath that ensued because of the offensive line last season, you had to expect changes. Personally, I'm glad Pioli's going out and picking up offensive linemen like Lilja and Wiegmann. They might not be the gamebreakers or key signings that everyone is pining for, but you have to at least be happy they're actively attempting to fix the problem instead of sitting on their hands and hoping a last minute trade will cure what ails them.

Is this a signing that will improve us to the point of Super Bowl contention or a contender for years to come? No, but it's a small piece that will hopefully ensure the offense doesn't shit it's pants whenever they hit the field.

Bill Lundberg

I agree with this one. I have no idea why we didn't keep Smith. He signed a very reasonable contract with Houston.

DaneMcCloud
03-16-2010, 02:25 PM
Is this a signing that will improve us to the point of Super Bowl contention or a contender for years to come? No, but it's a small piece that will hopefully ensure the offense doesn't shit it's pants whenever they hit the field.

All Cassel needs is 8-10 seconds in the pocket to insure he'll make great decisions.

Marcellus
Because if a team really wants to sign a guy like that they can just pass him on his physical, it wouldn't be the first time it happened.

Also wouldn't be the first time a team failed a guy on his physical to have a PC way (excuse) of cutting him when he is owed a $1.7 MM roster bonus and is a popular with his teammates and fans.

Mecca
ROFL

It seems to matter when you factor in that 2 targets were guys from here.

Mecca
03-16-2010, 02:26 PM
I really have no view of the signing to be honest, I still think the Chiefs will do something stupid and take an OT first.

Marcellus
03-16-2010, 02:29 PM
I agree with this one. I have no idea why we didn't keep Smith. He signed a very reasonable contract with Houston.

$3MM a year for a guy who is the same age as Lilja (28) and has started 32 games in 8 years? They say they signed him to compete for possible starting job, $3MM a year? No thanks.

Wade Smith's talents are greatly exaggerated on CP.

rtmike
03-16-2010, 02:30 PM
I made it to page 6 so excuse me if it's already been mentioned.

I remember reading here that W. Smith didn't get resigned cause he didn't want to be here?

dirk digler
03-16-2010, 02:32 PM

We will agree to disagree then. Wade Smith is a career backup albeit he is very versatile.

As I said earlier in this thread the Colts wanted to go bigger on the OL.

ChiTown
03-16-2010, 02:33 PM

Impossible. Wade Smith is irreplaceable11111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UNOEINJUAN1111111111111!!!!!!!!

Mecca
03-16-2010, 02:34 PM
We will agree to disagree then. Wade Smith is a career backup albeit he is very versatile.

As I said earlier in this thread the Colts wanted to go bigger on the OL.

I don't think I'd want a small OL either, the Colts tried that and it lead to them not being able to run the ball...

Marcellus
03-16-2010, 02:36 PM
I don't think I'd want a small OL either, the Colts tried that and it lead to them not being able to run the ball...

Worked for Denver many more years than it didn't work for Indy.

Titty Meat
03-16-2010, 02:38 PM
This off season is alot like last off season.

Mecca
03-16-2010, 02:38 PM
Worked for Denver many more years than it didn't work for Indy.

Depends who you have to face...

Like having Casey Weigman at center in our division is a detriment because of all the 3-4 teams that have nose tackles he can't handle.

dirk digler
03-16-2010, 02:41 PM

Average weight = 308.2

dirk digler
03-16-2010, 02:50 PM
Take it for what it is worth

According to 610 Sports' Chris Hamblin, there were two other teams in the bidding for Lilja -- Seattle and Houston -- and both were offering more money than the Chiefs as of yesterday.

chiefs1111
03-16-2010, 02:52 PM
To the tugboat!!!

Delano
03-16-2010, 03:06 PM
It's fun to act like Mr. Biswas to the Tulsi true fans.
Posted via Mobile Device

CoMoChief
03-16-2010, 03:17 PM
Whatever it takes to get Rudy Niswanger off the fucking field.

DaneMcCloud
03-16-2010, 03:24 PM

I think you're greatly underestimating his ability, especially when it was clear to even the most uniformed fans that the play of the line in both 2008 and 2009 improved significantly when he was on the field.

Titty Meat
03-16-2010, 03:27 PM
You seem to underestimate the value of a guy who can play 3 positions and play them well.

DaneMcCloud
03-16-2010, 03:28 PM
This off season is alot like last off season.

Eh, I like what the Chiefs have done in this offseason much better than last season.

Chambers proved he could still play at an average to above average level, so I liked his re-sigining. I think that TJ can most certainly help the Chiefs this season, espeically given that Charles has had issues staying healthy week to week in the past.

I'm not real high on the Lilja signing because obviously, I thought that Wade Smith was a better option.

As long as Lilja's signing doesn't interfere with the development of Colin Brown, I'll be okay with it. But if it's like last year, where Goff was clearly the worst lineman on the team yet continued to play when healthy, it won't sit well with me.

At all.

BossChief
03-16-2010, 03:30 PM
I like this signing, but that doesnt mean it was ok to let Wade leave.

Where did the talk of Lilja failing a physical come from? Is there a link I missed somewhere? I have taken time to read through three threads on three different colts boards and havent read that rumor anywhere but here.

They are pretty universal that Lilja was their second best linemen and was let go because they are switching blocking schemes to one that requires bigger blockers now that Howard Mudd is officially retired for good.

pkane
03-16-2010, 03:39 PM
I like this signing, but that doesnt mean it was ok to let Wade leave.

Where did the talk of Lilja failing a physical come from? Is there a link I missed somewhere? I have taken time to read through three threads on three different colts boards and havent read that rumor anywhere but here.

They are pretty universal that Lilja was their second best linemen and was let go because they are switching blocking schemes to one that requires bigger blockers now that Howard Mudd is officially retired for good.

Sounds like speculation more than anything. I like the signing.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL&filter_teams=KC

DaneMcCloud
03-16-2010, 03:41 PM
Sounds like speculation more than anything. I like the signing.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL&filter_teams=KC

Speculation? Dude, did you even READ what you linked us to?

The Chiefs needed a right guard after releasing an ineffective Mike Goff and losing Wade Smith to the Texans. Lilja is a major health risk after reportedly failing a physical with the Colts, but he's a solid addition at a position of need if his knees respond to an offseason of rest.

TRR
03-16-2010, 03:45 PM

The Chiefs needed a right guard after releasing an ineffective Mike Goff and losing Wade Smith to the Texans. Lilja is a major health risk after reportedly failing a physical with the Colts, but he's a solid addition at a position of need if his knees respond to an offseason of rest.

I haven't had the time to look, but how many games did Ryan Lilja miss in 2009?
Posted via Mobile Device

Titty Meat
03-16-2010, 03:46 PM
Eh, I like what the Chiefs have done in this offseason much better than last season.

Chambers proved he could still play at an average to above average level, so I liked his re-sigining. I think that TJ can most certainly help the Chiefs this season, espeically given that Charles has had issues staying healthy week to week in the past.

I'm not real high on the Lilja signing because obviously, I thought that Wade Smith was a better option.

As long as Lilja's signing doesn't interfere with the development of Colin Brown, I'll be okay with it. But if it's like last year, where Goff was clearly the worst lineman on the team yet continued to play when healthy, it won't sit well with me.

At all.

I like the Thomas Jones signing and Shaun Smith signing however like last year none of these guys will be solid starters. It's obvious this team wants to find it's starters in the draft which is good but I don't trust Pioli to make great draft picks.

pkane
03-16-2010, 03:46 PM

Yes I read it. Maybe speculation was the wrong term, but it doesn't say that he for sure failed a physical. Nothing concrete. I am sure most NFL lineman have poor health or are always sore or have bad knees- most wear knee braces anyways.

Bill Lundberg
03-16-2010, 03:47 PM
I haven't had the time to look, but how many games did Ryan Lilja miss in 2009?
Posted via Mobile Device

0 after missing all of 2008

dirk digler
03-16-2010, 03:48 PM

Reportedly?
Craig Domann, Lilja’s agent, said the release was not necessarily financially-driven. The team paid Lilja a $1.7 million roster bonus he was due, then terminated his contract. Lilja was due to earn a base salary of $3.055 million in 2010.

"They said they want to go bigger, and they let him go,’’ Domann said. "Ryan was disappointed, but I know he’ll land on his feet.’’

DaneMcCloud
03-16-2010, 03:49 PM
Yes I read it. Maybe speculation was the wrong term, but it doesn't say that he for sure failed a physical. Nothing concrete. I am sure most NFL lineman have poor health or are always sore or have bad knees- most wear knee braces anyways.

You're exaggerating.

It's been reported by more than one source that he failed a physical. NFL teams weren't exactly lining up to sign the guy.

I think it's 50/50 that he even makes it through Haley's training camp.

DaneMcCloud
03-16-2010, 03:50 PM
Reportedly?

Uh, yeah.

But I'm sure you always trust the word of an agent, right?

:evil:

Titty Meat
03-16-2010, 03:50 PM
Reportedly?

Wait you expect an agent to admit his client has bad knees?

dirk digler
03-16-2010, 03:53 PM
Uh, yeah.

But I'm sure you always trust the word of an agent, right?

:evil:

Always ;)

In this case it appears to be the truth considering they have signed 2 guards that are well over 300lbs.

BossChief
03-16-2010, 03:54 PM
If his knees dont become problematic for us in the future, this will prove to be a very good signing.

nychief
03-16-2010, 03:56 PM
some serious analysis going on here.... so, if a player is healthy, he will play better?

pkane
03-16-2010, 03:57 PM
You're exaggerating.

It's been reported by more than one source that he failed a physical. NFL teams weren't exactly lining up to sign the guy.

I think it's 50/50 that he even makes it through Haley's training camp.

I'm exaggerating?

50/50 to make the team? Come on.

BossChief
03-16-2010, 04:01 PM
His knees were good enough to start 19 games in 2009...

DaneMcCloud
I'm exaggerating?

50/50 to make the team? Come on.

Come on, what?

He's having knee issues. The only team in the league to sign him was 4-12 last year and he's a two-time Super Bowl starter. As we all know, Haley runs very intense training camps. Guys last year sat on exercise bikes when they weren't able to participate. He has a mandatory conditioning drill, in which a few guys failed last year.

There's no guarantee he'll make it out of camp.

DaneMcCloud
His knees were good enough to start 19 games in 2009...

And poor enough to be released immediately thereafter

ChiTown
03-16-2010, 04:03 PM
I'm really impressed there's this much discussion over this signing. Lemme guess, it's the off-season? It's like feeding a mouse to a tank full of starving Piranha's

:D

Mr. Flopnuts
03-16-2010, 04:03 PM

At all.

Great take.

Marcellus
03-16-2010, 04:15 PM
Come on, what?

He's having knee issues. The only team in the league to sign him was 4-12 last year and he's a two-time Super Bowl starter. As we all know, Haley runs very intense training camps. Guys last year sat on exercise bikes when they weren't able to participate. He has a mandatory conditioning drill, in which a few guys failed last year.

There's no guarantee he'll make it out of camp.

Just because a player signs with KC doesn't mean we were his only option.

You think Thomas Jones signed here because we were the only team that wanted him?

OnTheWarpath15
03-16-2010, 04:18 PM

You think Thomas Jones signed here because we were the only team that wanted him?

The Jets didn't want him back, even when given the opportunity to match the Chiefs final offer.

And that's just one example. Feel free to tell us where else he visited or who else made him a contract offer.

DaneMcCloud
03-16-2010, 04:19 PM

The proof is in the pudding

I think the Chiefs were the only team to offer him the kind of pay he wanted. He's been a 1,000 yards+ running back for years. Why would he agree to become a part time player, if not for the money?

If he wanted to win, he would have re-signed with the Jets at a much lower rate, or gone to an equally competitive team.

BossChief
03-16-2010, 04:20 PM
And poor enough to be released immediately thereafter

and for the same reason we released Weigman when we were gonna go with a bigger line and a power scheme. He made the probowl the next year zoneblocking.

There are reports that Seattle and the Texans were both in negotiations with Lilja as well, so we werent the only team bidding for his services...

Marcellus
03-16-2010, 04:23 PM
The proof is in the pudding

I think the Chiefs were the only team to offer him the kind of pay he wanted. He's been a 1,000 yards+ running back for years. Why would he agree to become a part time player, if not for the money?

If he wanted to win, he would have re-signed with the Jets at a much lower rate, or gone to an equally competitive team.

Yea the Jets don't want a guy back and so his only option option out of 31 teams was to go to KC. Give it a rest. That isn't proof of shit. But hey it supports your seriously negative biased opinions.

Marcellus
03-16-2010, 04:24 PM
and for the same reason we released Weigman when we were gonna go with a bigger line and a power scheme. He made the probowl the next year zoneblocking.

There are reports that Seattle and the Texans were both in negotiations with Lilja as well, so we werent the only team bidding for his services...

Not according to Dane.

DaneMcCloud
03-16-2010, 04:25 PM

Weigmann will be 37 when the season starts.

:shake:

Reports, eh? So, a two-time Pro Bowl guard that's only 28 years old is available, yet the only teams interested were a 4-12 team, a 5-11 team and the Texans?

Wow, how did his agent stand all that heat?

DaneMcCloud
03-16-2010, 04:26 PM
Yea the Jets don't want a guy back and so his only option option out of 31 teams was to go to KC. Give it a rest. That isn't proof of shit. But hey it supports your seriously negative biased opinions.

Pretty much.

Why don't you go ahead and prove otherwise instead of acting like a jackass?

OnTheWarpath15
03-16-2010, 04:30 PM
Pretty much.

Why don't you go ahead and prove otherwise instead of acting like a jackass?

Because he can't.

RedThat
03-16-2010, 04:32 PM

He had no choice. That's the best he is going to get if he wants a job in the league. I think it's clear teams in the NFL now are looking for young people when it comes to RB's. Nobody is going to overpay for 30+ year old RB and count on him to be the starter.

[QUOTE=DaneMcCloud;6608960]If he wanted to win, he would have re-signed with the Jets at a much lower rate, or gone to an equally competitive team.

Again, he had no other option. It's not just about the winning, it's a matter of him being employed for the role teams ask of him. the Jets couldn't re-sign him because of the way the rules and the way FA is structured amongst the final four teams in the playoffs. Any team that makes the final four can't sign an UFA till they release a player, and can only spend a certain sum of cash. Forgive me, not exactly sure that's how it works but something of that degree or caliber.

And there are other players out there they probably valued more than TJ

aturnis
03-16-2010, 05:05 PM

Wasn't pretty much 90%+ of the FA class of '10 over 30? Just a question.

With you, the Chiefs can't win. Ever.

Best RB in FA. check
Best G in FA. check
Best C in FA. check
Dane's approval. useless

Marcellus
03-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Because he can't.
you can't prove otherwise either. Either of you. You are speculating. Your speculation is no more fact than mine.
You can't PROVE no other teams were interested.

aturnis
03-16-2010, 05:11 PM
Waters is declining but still far better than Lilja.

Ndukwe is truly a right guard and started the entire 2008 season for Miami at that position.

Colin Brown and Darryl Harris both looked very, very good at right and left guard during last year's preseason and Harris was called up to the 53 in December.

I'd like a Chiefs front office at some point in time draft young players and play them. I understand that they couldn't play Brown last year because they put him on IR but even with that said, I don't understand this signing.

And it most certainly isn't any cause for joy.

Yeah, that ship sailed with Herm. You should have sailed with him if you loved him so much. :D

stevieray
03-16-2010, 05:13 PM
back to stating what players and coaches think, feel and know..?

:doh!:

Contrarian
03-16-2010, 05:20 PM

I bet that we trade him for a late round draft pick.

BossChief
03-16-2010, 05:32 PM
Weigmann will be 37 when the season starts.

:shake:

Reports, eh? So, a two-time Pro Bowl guard that's only 28 years old is available, yet the only teams interested were a 4-12 team, a 5-11 team and the Texans?

Wow, how did his agent stand all that heat?a 40 year old Weigman is better than a Niswanger at any age IMHO.

Its no doubt that he has had serious knee issues in the past, I just have hope that he will continue to be healthy enough to contribute like he did in starting 19 games last year (yeah, that means the whole year including the superbowl)

Lilja never made a probowl.

Titty Meat
03-16-2010, 05:54 PM
Wasn't pretty much 90%+ of the FA class of '10 over 30? Just a question.

With you, the Chiefs can't win. Ever.

Best RB in FA. check
Best G in FA. check
Best C in FA. check
Dane's approval. useless

LOL you're fucking clueless.

SAUTO
03-16-2010, 05:58 PM
LOL you're fucking clueless.

what about his post do you disagree with?
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefaholic
03-16-2010, 06:02 PM
Then, Mike Chappell at the Indy Star got this quote from Lilja's agent:

"[The Colts] said they want to go bigger, and they let him go,’’ Domann said. "Ryan was disappointed, but I know he’ll land on his feet.’’

Titty Meat
03-16-2010, 06:08 PM
what about his post do you disagree with?
Posted via Mobile Device

If those guys were the best at those position they would have been signed or had offers from teams. I posted the stats Weigmann was worse than Niswanger in pass protection. So saying he's an upgrade isn't true.

DaneMcCloud
03-16-2010, 06:14 PM
you can't prove otherwise either. Either of you. You are speculating. Your speculation is no more fact than mine.
You can't PROVE no other teams were interested.

Are you really this obtuse?

If Thomas Jones had been offered a contract by a winning football organization, he'd have taken it.

The problem for TJ is that there is rarely, if ever, an opportunity for a 32 year-old running back to be signed as a starter, let alone a contract that's worth more than the veteran minimum.

TJ signed a nice contract with the Chiefs and if he could have gotten something more or equal elsewhere, he would have.

It's pretty goddammed simple.

DaneMcCloud
03-16-2010, 06:15 PM
a 40 year old Weigman is better than a Niswanger at any age IMHO.

I'd agree. But if the Chiefs stand pat at the center position and do nothing in the draft, they're most likely looking at signing yet another veteran next year and spending a draft choice in 2011.

Time will tell.

Its no doubt that he has had serious knee issues in the past, I just have hope that he will continue to be healthy enough to contribute like he did in starting 19 games last year (yeah, that means the whole year including the superbowl)

Lilja never made a probowl.

Hope is all Chiefs fan have these days.

aturnis
03-16-2010, 06:54 PM
If those guys were the best at those position they would have been signed or had offers from teams. I posted the stats Weigmann was worse than Niswanger in pass protection. So saying he's an upgrade isn't true.

Are you really this arrogant? Hasn't the point been hammered home yet? Weigmann play last year in a power blocking system. Not his cup of tea. He will be playing in our new zone blocking system, which is his cup of tea. Get it? Look at how Weigmann had performed over his entire career in comparison to last year. You are a total fucking doucher. Now go fetch your daddy his paper lapdog.

Marcellus
03-16-2010, 06:57 PM
Are you really this obtuse?

If Thomas Jones had been offered a contract by a winning football organization, he'd have taken it.

The problem for TJ is that there is rarely, if ever, an opportunity for a 32 year-old running back to be signed as a starter, let alone a contract that's worth more than the veteran minimum.

TJ signed a nice contract with the Chiefs and if he could have gotten something more or equal elsewhere, he would have.

It's pretty goddammed simple.

Regardless of you opinion, the general consensus in the media and with Jets fans and pretty much everybody but you is that TJ being released by the Jets and then the Jets signing LT, who's production has been less than TJ's the last few years makes no sense.

TJ signs here because he has no other options yet the Jets sign LT who had multiple visits and much interest but it made no sense for the Jets to replace a more productive back with a less productive one.

So who was worth what according to who?

It' not that goddamn simple. If I was a Jets fan I would be pissed. I am KC fan so I am fine with getting TJ because I would rather have him than LT.

To say TJ had no other options is ridiculous when broke down ass LT had options.

I know LT was much better in his prime but right now there is no doubt who is a better back.

And by the way, LJ's contract with Washington contradicts your comment about rare contracts above the veteran minimum for RB's
over 30. You think Washington would rather have LJ than Jones?

Oh yea Oakland wanted LJ too. Think they weren't interested in TJ?

aturnis
03-16-2010, 07:00 PM
LOL you're ****ing clueless.

Yeah, defend him, yeah...he'll like that. Maybe later, he'll spank you. Ooooh yeah.

SAUTO
03-16-2010, 07:03 PM

ok then name the better fas this year at those positions?
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus
03-16-2010, 07:07 PM

People bitch we don't act fast in free agency then state when we sign guys quickly they had no other options.

Priceless.

Bill Lundberg
03-16-2010, 07:26 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

This

DaneMcCloud
03-16-2010, 07:35 PM
Regardless of you opinion, the general consensus in the media and with Jets fans and pretty much everybody but you is that TJ being released by the Jets and then the Jets signing LT, who's production has been less than TJ's the last few years makes no sense.

TJ signs here because he has no other options yet the Jets sign LT who had multiple visits and much interest but it made no sense for the Jets to replace a more productive back with a less productive one.

So who was worth what according to who?

It' not that goddamn simple. If I was a Jets fan I would be pissed. I am KC fan so I am fine with getting TJ because I would rather have him than LT.

To say TJ had no other options is ridiculous when broke down ass LT had options.

I know LT was much better in his prime but right now there is no doubt who is a better back.

And by the way, LJ's contract with Washington contradicts your comment about rare contracts above the veteran minimum for RB's
over 30. You think Washington would rather have LJ than Jones?

Oh yea Oakland wanted LJ too. Think they weren't interested in TJ?

Again, how about providing some actual proof, instead of nonstop speculation.

dirk digler
03-16-2010, 07:37 PM

This same argument has been peddled on CP for the longest time. If the Chiefs sign a FA they either suck, the FO sucks, the Chiefs are cheap, or the Chiefs suck and are stupid. But if another team signs a FA then they are smart, winners and don't suck.

The fact is everyone around the NFL is laughing at the Jets for signing LT when they could had a better player in Thomas Jones. But hey the Chiefs suck and so does Thomas Jones so what's new?

DaneMcCloud
03-16-2010, 07:37 PM
People bitch we don't act fast in free agency then state when we sign guys quickly they had no other options.

Priceless.

You're an idiot.

I never ONCE complained that the Chiefs didn't sign anyone early. As a matter of fact, I wanted no part of guys like Peppers. Also, I backed the TJ signing from day one.

Your only purpose here is spread unsubstantied rumors and to insult those with fact-based opinions.

Justin
03-16-2010, 07:49 PM
All the sudden our OL doesnt look that bad.

Possibly pick up a good center or RT in the draft and we might have ourselves an OL.

WildTurkey
03-16-2010, 07:52 PM
He wasn't talking about you specifically cockbag. :p
Posted via Mobile Device

T-post Tom
03-16-2010, 08:22 PM

Maybe it was because Jim Isray is a hands-on owner who was pissed about losing the SB. He decided that they needed more of a running game and that a bigger line is the way to go about it. So he made the decree that the 0-line needed to get bigger which was something the previous o-line coach (Howard Mudd) refused to do. And...shit rolls downhill. Bye Lilja.

Of course there were a couple of folks that insisted Lilja was washed up even before the unsubstantiated report of Lilja's failed physical came out. But that happens. We all make mistakes. I'd like to think that we're all hoping that Lilja proves to be a stud at RG and the o-line benefits from his great experience in Indy. Always good to have some extra SB bling in the locker room.

Coogs
03-16-2010, 08:24 PM
Possibly pick up a good center or RT in the draft and we might have ourselves an OL.

After we draft a LT at #5 and move a Albert to LG of course. ;)

T-post Tom
03-16-2010, 08:27 PM
All the sudden our OL doesnt look that bad.

A rookie center would reap a lot of wisdom from a guy like Wiegmann.

milkman
03-16-2010, 09:09 PM

EVER.

Just FTR, Daryl Harris did play a little center in college, and when the Chiefs added him to the 53 man roster last year, they had him working there some as well.

Bill Lundberg
03-16-2010, 09:13 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Still this

CoMoChief
03-16-2010, 09:13 PM
After we draft a LT at #5 and move a Albert to RT of course. ;)

fyp

Okung
Waters
Weigman
Lilja
Albert

Chiefaholic
03-16-2010, 09:16 PM
I'd agree. But if the Chiefs stand pat at the center position and do nothing in the draft, they're most likely looking at signing yet another veteran next year and spending a draft choice in 2011.

Time will tell.

There's plenty of starting quality centers that can be had in the 3rd to 4th round this year.

chiefzilla1501
03-16-2010, 09:16 PM

Time will tell.

This is the way it should be.

The Chiefs aren't forced to take a Center in the draft. Wiegmann's got 1 maybe 2 years left in him.

If the Chiefs choose not to draft a Center, they'll live. Wiegmann plays the year out and they draft one in 2011. Better than walking into the draft and reaching for a Center because you absolutely had to take one in the draft.

DaneMcCloud
03-16-2010, 09:19 PM
There's plenty of starting quality centers that can be had in the 3rd to 4th round this year.

Oh, I know.

I think it would be wise to take the kid from Notre Dame (at the least). In most mock's, he's fifth, of which the Chiefs have three.

The Vikings drafted their starting center last year in the 6th.

I just hope it's addressed because if Weigmann goes down, the last thing I personally want to see is the 'Wanger at center.

MoreLemonPledge
03-16-2010, 09:19 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Chiefs take that Center from Notre Dame if he's still around in the 5th.

Edit: Dane beat me to it. I think I'm more surprised that we actually agree on something :D

DaneMcCloud
03-16-2010, 09:20 PM
The Chiefs aren't forced to take a Center in the draft. Wiegmann's got 1 maybe 2 years left in him.

If the Chiefs choose not to draft a Center, they'll live. Wiegmann plays the year out and they draft one in 2011. Better than walking into the draft and reaching for a Center because you absolutely had to take one in the draft.

I hope he's got one year left because if the Chiefs don't draft a center, we're stuck with the 'Wanger.

Not good.

milkman
My bad.

The problem with Allenman is that he's had back issues since the day he came into the league.

So what you have, really, is the choice between a guy who can't stay healthy (Allenman), and a guy whose knees may or may not be shot.

DaneMcCloud
Just FTR, Daryl Harris did play a little center in college, and when the Chiefs added him to the 53 man roster last year, they had him working there some as well.

IIRC, he played all five positions along the O-line.

I really hope he steps up this offseason and finds a starting spot on the line.

Same with Brown.

chiefzilla1501
03-16-2010, 09:23 PM
I hope he's got one year left because if the Chiefs don't draft a center, we're stuck with the 'Wanger.

Not good.

I hope not. I'm thinking that the Chiefs bringing Wiegmann in is a sign that they don't view Niswanger as a starter. I hope.

milkman
03-16-2010, 09:24 PM
Also wouldn't be the first time a team failed a guy on his physical to have a PC way (excuse) of cutting him when he is owed a $1.7 MM roster bonus and is a popular with his teammates and fans.

Actually acccording to ESPN, they did pay him that roster bonus before they released him.

No link, just something I heard on ESPN radio.

RedThat
03-16-2010, 09:24 PM
I hope not. I'm thinking that the Chiefs bringing Wiegmann in is a sign that they don't view Niswanger as a starter. I hope.

I think Wiegman starts this year.

DaneMcCloud
03-16-2010, 09:27 PM
I think Wiegman starts this year.

Really?

Ya think?

WOW!

Do you have anymore breaking stories or insight?

If so, please share!

RedThat
03-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Really?

Ya think?

WOW!

Do you have anymore breaking stories or insight?

If so, please share!

I think so. He signed a one-year deal worth $2 million.

I don't think the chiefs are going to pay a guy $2 million dollar to sit on the bench. They would be dumbasses if they did such a move for that particular reason.

I clearly view this move as a stop gap solution. That pretty much explains the one-year deal imo. I could see them drafting a center this year, and the draftee rides the pine and learns off a solid vet like Wiegmann.

Chiefnj2
03-16-2010, 09:35 PM
Actually acccording to ESPN, they did pay him that roster bonus before they released him.

No link, just something I heard on ESPN radio.

I read it on an online Indy newspaper. The article was saying they didn't really know what was going on with the Colts and Lilja. They thought it odd that they paid him the bonus only to release him a short while later. They noted that the Colts wanted to get bigger on the line and have brought in bigger players.

Rausch
03-16-2010, 09:37 PM
So did we get him or not?...

DaneMcCloud
03-16-2010, 09:38 PM

To the dinghy!

milkman
03-16-2010, 09:40 PM

It's a done deal.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Chiefs-Sign-Free-Agent-G-Ryan-Lilja/686b8069-08e4-4a13-afe3-a80fbb4e84b3