PDA

View Full Version : Obama Clyburn says health vote could push past Easter holiday

HonestChieffan
03-16-2010, 12:36 PM
hmmmm.

Imagine the payoffs that can happen in that much time.....

petegz28
03-16-2010, 12:39 PM
Yea, I read that earlier. I still look for a vote on Friday night or Saturday.

Der Flöprer
03-16-2010, 12:39 PM
Agendaists FTW!

go bowe
03-16-2010, 01:42 PM
ok, my age may be showing a bit here, but wtf does ftw mean?

Taco John
03-16-2010, 01:45 PM

Fogeys To Wiggle.

Kids these days, huh?

petegz28
03-16-2010, 01:48 PM

For The Win

go bowe
03-16-2010, 02:47 PM
Fogeys To Wiggle.

Kids these days, huh?well, i'll have you know that this fogey doesn't wiggle...

i jiggle...

go bowe
03-16-2010, 02:47 PM
For The Winthanks, i feel better now...

CoMoChief
03-17-2010, 01:37 AM
Of course.....it will get pushed back and back and back and back. It won't end. And people will get fed up with it. BO admin is dragging the dem party under the bus on this.

Warrior5
03-17-2010, 06:59 AM
Something has got to give soon...

Each day this drags on is political poison for BO and Dems.

If they force this through now, BO gets a possible constitutional crisis and potentially still no HC, and Dems get thrown out of congress in November.

If BO concedes failure on HC (which he won't), he will be a lame duck for the remainder of his single term.

The smartest thing for him to do (politically and pragmatically) would be to actually start over and work with Repubs on incremental reform, but I don't think think liberals would tolerate that.

thecoffeeguy
03-17-2010, 09:12 AM
Something has got to give soon...

Each day this drags on is political poison for BO and Dems.

If they force this through now, BO gets a possible constitutional crisis and potentially still no HC, and Dems get thrown out of congress in November.

If BO concedes failure on HC (which he won't), he will be a lame duck for the remainder of his single term.

The smartest thing for him to do (politically and pragmatically) would be to actually start over and work with Repubs on incremental reform, but I don't think think liberals would tolerate that.

Come on now. We are talking about "The One". He would never do this. He is the prophet and the worst POTUS ever.