PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Food Wars (chicken wars in Pittsburg,Ks)

cabletech94
03-16-2010, 06:07 PM
Tonight it's on, bitches!!!!

Travel Channel 9 pm.

Chicken Mary's vs. Chicken Annies. No matter who loses, we all win.

Reerun_KC
03-16-2010, 06:19 PM
Jesus, I grew up in Parsons, my damn cell phone is blowing up tonight with texts to watch this....

DeezNutz
03-16-2010, 06:20 PM
So who has eaten at these places and which restaurant is superior?

Reerun_KC
03-16-2010, 06:28 PM

We have always eaten at Chicken Annies right there off 400 and whatever...

I think we went to Mary's once or twice... Every Family reunion or event we always catered in Annies....

Have had it my whole life... Love it...

DeezNutz
03-16-2010, 06:39 PM

I think we went to Mary's once or twice... Every Family reunion or event we always catered in Annies....

What's the difference between the two?

cabletech94
03-16-2010, 06:39 PM

I've only eaten at Annies, so I'm partial. The onion rings are phenomenal. And so is the garlic gas for the next day.

Reerun_KC
03-16-2010, 06:46 PM
What's the difference between the two?

You know I really dont know what the difference is... It seemed all the same to me.

Sorry.

DeezNutz
03-16-2010, 06:54 PM
You know I really dont know what the difference is... It seemed all the same to me.

Sorry.

Well what the mother****?!?

Why is your beaker ass so ****ing worthless this evening for ****'s sake?!? :cuss:

:)

Colt4540
03-16-2010, 07:05 PM

It's chicken mary's vs. the chicken annie's right next to it. not the one right off of hwy 400.

gblowfish
03-16-2010, 07:09 PM
Extensive CP thread about this topic last fall:
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=213819

Reerun_KC
03-16-2010, 07:11 PM
Well what the mother****?!?

Why is your beaker ass so ****ing worthless this evening for ****'s sake?!? :cuss:

:)
:shrug:

Jesus you sound like my wife!

Reerun_KC
03-16-2010, 07:12 PM
It's chicken mary's vs. the chicken annie's right next to it. not the one right off of hwy 400.

:doh!:

I really just know of the one off of 400, that is the one we always went to growing up.

DeezNutz
03-16-2010, 07:14 PM
:shrug:

Jesus you sound like my wife!

Who do you think typed that? :eek:

Mr. Flopnuts
03-16-2010, 07:15 PM
LMAO

C-Mac
03-16-2010, 07:18 PM

They are both great, I personally give the edge to Marys.
They both have magnifico chicken and german potato salad.

Reerun_KC
03-16-2010, 07:49 PM
Who do you think typed that? :eek:

:clap: Well played!

DJ's left nut
04-10-2010, 11:17 AM
So I have my vote now as well. I watched the food challenge and thought that I needed to try this place out.

Well wouldn't you know it, a single engine Cessna from Columbia, MO to Oklahoma City takes you right through Pittsburgh, KS right around the halfway point. So after some conversation, we decided on the way home, we had to stop at one of these places.

Well, as the day progressed we realized that stopping at one of these places wouldn't do us any good because what conclusions could we possibly draw? "Well that Fried Chicken was good." Well no shit, it's chicken and it's fried, of COURSE it's good. We needed to determine levels of good here. As such, we decided that we needed to go to both. This may have been a bad decision; my cardiologist will let me know later.

Our first stop was Chicken Mary's. $15 gets you six pieces of chicken, 3 good sized sides and a massive bowl of Onion Rings. My boss and I took this on and went over to Chicken Annie's afterwards. The rush had started when we got to Mary's and was still going when we got to Annies, so both sides had even footing.

Ultimately I didn't think it was a close call and neither did my boss. Chicken Annie's had better onion rings, but Chicken Mary's chicken won pretty easily. The pieces were bigger and came out hotter. The skin was crisper and gave it a little more of a 'fresh' taste that Chicken Annie's lacked. Chicken Mary's cooked theirs absolutely perfectly whereas there was just something a little rubbery about Chicken Annie's. I also liked the service at Chicken Mary's a little more. They seemed a little more friendly, a little more quaint. Annies, on the other hand, seemed hurried and frenetic.

Yeah, I thought this one was Mary's in a pretty easy victory. (And yes, ReerunKC is worthless, even if you liked Annie's more, there's no way to say that they're pretty much the same)

DeezNutz
04-10-2010, 01:04 PM
I, too, have recently dined at one of these establishments.

Chicken Annie's

It was ok. Solid chicken. Definitely not the best I've ever had and not as good as the Chicken House in Olpe, Kansas, which is outside of Emporia.