PDA

View Full Version : Football Tye Hill: the Enigma

T-post Tom
03-17-2010, 01:03 AM
So much promise coming out of college and such inconsistency in the NFL. I remember everyone being so high on him when he come out of Clemson. A football and track star, he was a first round pick of the Rams after tearing up the combine. Then he tore up his knee and later ended up going to the Dirty Birds for a late round pick. Now he's 27 & an UFA.

So anyone know more about him? Does he still have blazing speed? Seems too young to be washed up already. Anyway, I'd like to see the Chiefs invite him in for a workout: Look under the hood and kick the tires.

If he can't cut it as a CB (nickleback even)then maybe he could play FS. (I remember that he was quite a ballhawk at one time.) I'm not a fan of converted safties playing CB, but I think it can work fine going from CB to safety. He's not the biggest guy, but there's other starting FS's his size.

Am I way off base here? He's worth a look, right? Anyone see many Falcon games last year? If so, what's the skinny on Hill?

Atlanta Falcons release CB Tye Hill; sign Matt Giordano

ATHENS The Falcons continue to tinker with their secondary.

They released cornerback Tye Hill and signed safety Matt Giordano on Tuesday.

Hill was acquired on Sept. 1 from the St. Louis Rams for a seventh round pick.

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons-blog/2010/03/16/atlanta-falcons-release-cornerback-tye-hill/?cxntfid=blogs_atlanta_falcons_blog

Miles
03-17-2010, 01:07 AM
Seems like he has spent a large amount of his career on IR.

KCrockaholic
03-17-2010, 01:07 AM
He's very small. I'm not surprised he hasn't worked out in the NFL. I remember when he was drafted, I thought it was way too high. Reminds me of Jimmy Williams from a production standpoint. Neither of them made it.

salame
03-17-2010, 01:40 AM
I remember liking him a lot in the draft and then being glad we didn't take him

T-post Tom
03-17-2010, 01:46 AM
He's very small. I'm not surprised he hasn't worked out in the NFL. I remember when he was drafted, I thought it was way too high. Reminds me of Jimmy Williams from a production standpoint. Neither of them made it.

He is small, but so is Pierson Prioleau with the Saints. And for all of the hype around Eric Berry, he's 5'11 & 203 lbs. I guess Hill would be a liability in run support, but he seems to have the tools to play "center field" in pass coverage.

But if we rule out safety, maybe he could still play CB in the nickle or dime. Hell Mark McMillen lasted around 7 seasons at 155 lbs soaking wet. Just a thought as the Chiefs can't afford to leave any stone unturned.

T-post Tom
03-17-2010, 01:47 AM
Seems like he has spent a large amount of his career on IR.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7zNY0I5JNI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7zNY0I5JNI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

CoMoChief
03-17-2010, 02:02 AM
I'd take him. He can't be any worse than Washington, Leggett, Richardson or Daniels.

easymobee
03-17-2010, 02:07 AM
The Rams traded out of the Jay Cutler spot and dropped 4 or 5 spaces to take Hill.
Posted via Mobile Device

T-post Tom
03-17-2010, 02:09 AM
The Rams traded out of the Jay Cutler spot and dropped 4 or 5 spaces to take Hill.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well that certainly explains the bad karma. :D