PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Kucinich

Warrior5
03-17-2010, 07:57 AM
Will he stand firm as a "no" vote, or will did the plane ride with BO change his mind?

What say ye?

Brainiac
03-17-2010, 08:01 AM
I say he wants to get re-elected and will vote "no".

Hydrae
03-17-2010, 08:04 AM
He is one of the few that has integrity in DC. He will stick with his no vote.

thecoffeeguy
03-17-2010, 08:05 AM
I say he wants to get re-elected and will vote "no".

Hope so. If he turns to a "yes", I am pretty sure he will get his ass voted out.

Dave Lane
03-17-2010, 08:05 AM
But if someone offered him some Fudge Sandies I'm thinking he could switch.

petegz28
03-17-2010, 08:16 AM
He just announced he WILL vote yes on the bill.

Brainiac
03-17-2010, 08:19 AM

:cuss:

jjjayb
03-17-2010, 08:22 AM
I wonder what he was offered on the plane ride? Who cares if you're re-elected if you get a high powered gubment job and a fat stack of cash when it's all over.

BucEyedPea
03-17-2010, 08:24 AM

Link?

Wow! I am really surprised at him, if true. But there was some discussion last night on tv about how the bill ushers in the public option anyway. He's seems to be a public option kind of guy.

petegz28
03-17-2010, 08:25 AM
Link?

Wow! I am really surprised at him, if true. But there was some discussion last night on tv about how the bill ushers in the public option anyway. He's seems to be a public option kind of guy.

It was just reported on Bloomberg not even 15 minutes ago.

NewChief
03-17-2010, 08:32 AM
ARGH. Et tu, Dennis?

Hydrae
03-17-2010, 08:40 AM
I have lost what respect I had for the man. I don't agree with a lot of his politics but I respected his willingness to stand on his principles. I guess everyone has a price. :shake:

Donger
03-17-2010, 08:44 AM
Did Obama let him see his cockpit?

LMAO

BucEyedPea
03-17-2010, 08:46 AM
Did Obama let him see his cockpit?

LMAO

There you go again. And you say I'M the one fascinated with that topic?

Saul Good
03-17-2010, 08:55 AM
He is one of the few that has integrity in DC. He will stick with his no vote.A DC liberal with integrity, you say? This is bound to end well.

Donger
03-17-2010, 08:57 AM
There you go again. And you say I'M the one fascinated with that topic?

Huh?

Saul Good
03-17-2010, 08:58 AM
A DC liberal with integrity, you say? This is bound to end well.Beautiful. The ''submit'' button hadn't even cooled off before Mr. Integrity showed his ass to the nation.

mlyonsd
03-17-2010, 09:01 AM
Wonder what the little leprechaun got for it. A pot of gold?

BigRedChief
03-17-2010, 09:12 AM
He just announced he WILL vote yes on the bill.Are you surprised? He's been a advocate for health care for his whole career. It's not what he wanted but its the best he's going to do in his lifetime. They can just hope to make it better later.

BTW, at least in his district the vast majority of the people he represents want the health care bill passed.

fan4ever
03-17-2010, 09:16 AM
Any of these guys who say they're "undecided" are going to vote yes...it's ridiculous to believe otherwise.

thecoffeeguy
03-17-2010, 09:35 AM
Any of these guys who say they're "undecided" are going to vote yes...it's ridiculous to believe otherwise.

Not sure about that.
If the Dems had the 216 votes needed to pass it, they would have voted or start voting today.

The fact is, they dont and are struggling to get the votes.

Read an article on www.thehill.com and states that they might not even have 200 votes as Dems are really being blasted by their constituents on health care reform and how much they oppose it.

What I dont get its, Obama is pretty toxic right now and is leading the dem party right off a cliff. So if I was a Dem, I would distance myself from him. I would also know that if I did vote yes on this bill, I would kiss my career in politics buy bye because I would be a goner in November.

I think a lot of these Dems are really seeing that, which is causing a problem for Nancy "Crazy" Pelosi to get the 216 votes she needs.

There is a lot of jockeying right now and Nancy is trying to make waves she has the votes, when in reality, she does not.

BigRedChief
03-17-2010, 09:43 AM
Not sure about that.
If the Dems had the 216 votes needed to pass it, they would have voted or start voting today.

The fact is, they dont and are struggling to get the votes.

Read an article on www.thehill.com (http://www.thehill.com) and states that they might not even have 200 votes as Dems are really being blasted by their constituents on health care reform and how much they oppose it.

What I dont get its, Obama is pretty toxic right now and is leading the dem party right off a cliff. So if I was a Dem, I would distance myself from him. I would also know that if I did vote yes on this bill, I would kiss my career in politics buy bye because I would be a goner in November.

I think a lot of these Dems are really seeing that, which is causing a problem for Nancy "Crazy" Pelosi to get the 216 votes she needs.

There is a lot of jockeying right now and Nancy is trying to make waves she has the votes, when in reality, she does not.You can't distance yourself from Obama or the bill if you voted for the bill the first time. The Republicans are going to whack you over the head with it anyway.

Brainiac
03-17-2010, 09:47 AM
You can't distance yourself from Obama or the bill if you voted for the bill the first time. The Republicans are going to whack you over the head with it anyway.

That may be, but I think a politician running for re-election would be better off saying that as he learned more and more about the bill and the tactics used to get it passed, he couldn't in good conscience vote for it.

I know, that is a pipe dream.

Chief Henry
03-17-2010, 09:58 AM
The NBC/WSJ poll has 48% say this bill is a bad idea while 36% say it s a good idea.

Thats a rather large spread.