PDA

View Full Version : Obama FACT CHECK: Premiums would rise under Obama plan

petegz28
03-17-2010, 09:19 AM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iVn9wrhB-3SF-Svo9kZyXd4bHRLAD9EG84VO0

Brainiac
03-17-2010, 09:37 AM
Obama loves the Big Lie. Josepth Goebbels would be proud.

BucEyedPea
03-17-2010, 09:43 AM
Obama loves the Big Lie. Josepth Goebbels would be proud.

Much like the last administration. We must never forget!

Chief Henry
03-17-2010, 09:43 AM
DNC Chairman Tim Kain said this morning that this would solve the problem

The Mad Crapper
03-31-2010, 09:49 AM
http://www.moonbattery.com/ObamaCareSymbol.gif

Velvet_Jones
03-31-2010, 09:51 AM
I'm pretty sure this was known before this was passed. It was ignored by choice and ignorance and wishful thinking.

The left is a caring bunch that doesn't care about reality.

HonestChieffan
03-31-2010, 09:54 AM
This is where Orange will rush in to debunk all facts.

Costs will bury this plan. No way around that.

BigChiefFan
03-31-2010, 10:05 AM
You're free in America, as long as you do as they choose.

morphius
03-31-2010, 10:08 AM
I don't know how the price of anything is going to really go down as this bill didn't do much to actually control the price jumps on the medical side.

BigChiefFan
03-31-2010, 10:12 AM
Prices go up and yet medicaid and medicare get slashed. Hmmm.

orange
03-31-2010, 10:16 AM
This is where Orange will rush in to debunk all facts.

The only thing that needs to be debunked here is the title - which is an outright lie.

The premium reduction of 14 percent to 20 percent that Obama cites would apply only to a portion of the people buying coverage on their own — those who decide they want to keep the skimpier kinds of policies available today.

Their costs would go down because more young people would be joining the risk pool and because insurance company overhead costs would be lower in the more efficient system Obama wants to create.

The president usually alludes to that distinction in his health care stump speech, saying the savings would accrue to those people who continue to buy "comparable" coverage to what they have today.

"If they did buy the same value plans ... the premium would be lower than it is now.

Premiums will go up if you buy more coverage:

The budget office concluded that premiums for people buying their own coverage would go up by an average of 10 percent to 13 percent, compared with the levels they'd reach without the legislation. That's mainly because policies in the individual insurance market would provide more comprehensive benefits than they do today.

But even then:

For most households, those added costs would be more than offset by the tax credits provided under the bill, and they would pay significantly less than they have to now.

Thanks so much for posting this to refute the ludicrous right-wing blarney that's pumped out here on a daily basis.

HonestChieffan
03-31-2010, 10:24 AM
Here with Mr. Orange we see the sort of chap this guy is talking about...

"The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of
entrusting a man like him with the presidency. It will be easier to limit
and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary
common sense and good judgment to an electorate willing to have such a man
for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than
Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails us. Blaming the prince of
the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that
made him their prince. The republic can survive a Barack Obama. It is
less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him
their president." Author Unknown

Velvet_Jones
03-31-2010, 02:09 PM
The only thing that needs to be debunked here is the title - which is an outright lie.

The premium reduction of 14 percent to 20 percent that Obama cites would apply only to a portion of the people buying coverage on their own those who decide they want to keep the skimpier kinds of policies available today.

Their costs would go down because more young people would be joining the risk pool and because insurance company overhead costs would be lower in the more efficient system Obama wants to create.

The president usually alludes to that distinction in his health care stump speech, saying the savings would accrue to those people who continue to buy "comparable" coverage to what they have today.

"If they did buy the same value plans ... the premium would be lower than it is now.

Premiums will go up if you buy more coverage:

The budget office concluded that premiums for people buying their own coverage would go up by an average of 10 percent to 13 percent, compared with the levels they'd reach without the legislation. That's mainly because policies in the individual insurance market would provide more comprehensive benefits than they do today.

But even then:

For most households, those added costs would be more than offset by the tax credits provided under the bill, and they would pay significantly less than they have to now.

Thanks so much for posting this to refute the ludicrous right-wing blarney that's pumped out here on a daily basis.

This is a farce or at best a pipe dream. You didn't mention anything about pre-existing condition and wellness mandates. Your ignorance is showing. And you got some Obama on your face - on the left side - no up a little.

orange
03-31-2010, 02:16 PM
This is a farce or at best a pipe dream. You didn't mention anything about pre-existing condition and wellness mandates. Your ignorance is showing. And you got some Obama on your face - on the left side - no up a little.

There's your ongoing obsession with men's sexual fluids again. You really should come out of the closet - you're not fooling anyone.

Iowanian
03-31-2010, 02:19 PM
UN-POSSIBLE!

The Democrats lied, our pocketbooks died.

thecoffeeguy
03-31-2010, 02:42 PM
Baffles me that people still try to justify Obama and his doings.

Baffling.

King_Chief_Fan
03-31-2010, 02:43 PM
There's your ongoing obsession with men's sexual fluids again. You really should come out of the closet - you're not fooling anyone.

you only focused on 1/3 of his comment

thecoffeeguy
03-31-2010, 02:46 PM
http://www.moonbattery.com/ObamaCareSymbol.gif

nice
my new avatar

orange
03-31-2010, 02:49 PM
you only focused on 1/3 of his comment

It's not my article. I didn't write it ... or post it, for that matter.

The fact that it completely contradicts the TITLE - which is obviously the only part the OP ever read - is just an unexpected pleasure.

Again, for your edification - since you probably don't want to bother reading the article, either - it says PREMIUMS FOR THE SAME COVERAGE WILL GO DOWN. AND PREMIUMS FOR IMPROVED COVERAGE WILL STILL COST LESS BECAUSE OF SUBSIDIES.

HonestChieffan
03-31-2010, 03:03 PM
lets see...

Insurance demand will rise.
Insurance companies forced to insure people who will never pay enough in premiums to cover costs.
Regulation will increase cost of doing business.

I see it clearly rates will drop like a rock. NOT.

orange
03-31-2010, 03:14 PM
lets see...

Insurance demand will rise.
Insurance companies forced to insure people who will never pay enough in premiums to cover costs.
Regulation will increase cost of doing business.

I see it clearly rates will drop like a rock. NOT.

The red part is where your argument falls apart. The young, healthy people mandated into the system, who will not be drawing benefits anywhere near their contributions for decades, is exactly where all the extra money is going to come from.

HonestChieffan
03-31-2010, 03:16 PM
all what money?

HonestChieffan
03-31-2010, 03:17 PM
every preexisting condition is covered for everyone. Loser right there.

orange
03-31-2010, 03:18 PM
all what money?

The premiums from the mandated young, healthy people who are not currently buying insurance. I thought that was pretty evident when I said it the first time. Take off your ideological blinders and just read.

HonestChieffan
03-31-2010, 03:20 PM
Assume much?

God you are a moron.

Velvet_Jones
03-31-2010, 03:24 PM

You know, if you would quite looking down the barrel of that thing you would stay a little less messy. And, if I did come out of the closet, you would be the first one that I would horse fuck.

King_Chief_Fan
03-31-2010, 03:27 PM
It's not my article. I didn't write it ... or post it, for that matter.

The fact that it completely contradicts the TITLE - which is obviously the only part the OP ever read - is just an unexpected pleasure.

Again, for your edification - since you probably don't want to bother reading the article, either - it says PREMIUMS FOR THE SAME COVERAGE WILL GO DOWN. AND PREMIUMS FOR IMPROVED COVERAGE WILL STILL COST LESS BECAUSE OF SUBSIDIES.

smoke and mirrors Orange.......I hope you enjoy the tax hike to pay for all of this...those subsidies have to be paid by someone....you and me.
In addition, I now get to pay tax on the benefit my employer provides. Yes sir, I am loving the shit out of ObamaCare.
It was also claimed that premiums could be in the 4-5K range. That has already been reported to be false and be in the neighborhood of 12.5 - 15K
Anything can be said or claimed. Let's revisit this once experience tells us what the real costs are.

The Mad Crapper
04-03-2010, 09:52 AM
Baffles me that people still try to justify Obama and his doings.

Baffling.

They are Moonbats, they can't help it.

http://www.moonbattery.com/bad-penny.jpg