PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I'm making a motion to get rid of DraftPlanet

Pages : [1] 2

ChiTown
03-17-2010, 10:00 AM
and move all Draft related talk back into the Lounge. This is a football Message Board. WTF do we have a sub forum to talk about football related posts at ChiefsPlanet. Seriously.

All in favor, say Aye, opposed, say No.

I'll start: AYE!

milkman
03-17-2010, 10:01 AM
Good luck with that.

Fought this battle already.

And you should have made it a poll.

ChiTown
03-17-2010, 10:02 AM
Good luck with that.

Fought this battle already.

And you should have made it a poll.

I'm dumb. I don't have the mental capability to make a poll.

ChiTown
03-17-2010, 10:04 AM
Seriously, I need one legitimate reason as to why there is a sub forum for this. One.

OnTheWarpath58
Good luck.

This hasn't been a "football" board in years.

Delano
Umm, no.
Posted via Mobile Device

Count Zarth
03-17-2010, 10:05 AM
Seriously, I need one legitimate reason as to why there is a sub forum for this. One. Because it's nice to have all the information concentrated in one place. End of discussion.

ChiTown
03-17-2010, 10:05 AM
Umm, no.
Posted via Mobile Device

Umm, why?

ChiTown
03-17-2010, 10:06 AM
Because it's nice to have all the information concentrated in one place. End of discussion.

GFY

This is a football board. This information belongs on the main board, you know, along with Happy Birthdays, Happy St. Paddy Day, I just took a shit, and I left my kid in the oven topics.

Delano
Seriously, I need one legitimate reason as to why there is a sub forum for this. One.

If there wasn't a subforum, there would probably be an annoying ***official*** draft thread stickied at the top of the lounge.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pestilence
Because it's nice to have all the information concentrated in one place. End of discussion.

This.

And the fact that people then bitch and complain when someone creates a new thread for their personal mock draft. At least with the Draft Forum.....you can keep it all in one place. That and you don't have to hear people bitch about how making mock drafts is worthless.

ChiTown
03-17-2010, 10:07 AM
If there wasn't a subforum, there would probably be an annoying ***official*** draft thread stickied at the top of the lounge.
Posted via Mobile Device

ROFL

Right. As if there aren't enough annoying NON-FOOTBALL related topics already

OnTheWarpath58
03-17-2010, 10:08 AM
I'd like to know why you want to kill the only place you can actually talk football on this forum.

If DraftPlanet was eliminated, this place would be nothing but NFT. People would rather talk about a movie that's been out for 7 months, how big a shit they took, or drunk fathers leaving babies in ovens.

Rain Man
03-17-2010, 10:09 AM
Are you advocating destroying draftplanet completely or just reclassifying it from a planet to something like an asteroid or whatever they call Pluto now?

Hoover
All chiefs related news should be in the lounge, and all other shit should be somewhere else.

OnTheWarpath58
GFY

This is a football board. This information belongs on the main board, you know, along with Happy Birthdays, Happy St. Paddy Day, I just took a shit, and I left my kid in the oven topics.

That's the thing: This isn't a football board, and hasn't been for sometime.

The grab-ass NFT threads took over a long time ago.

dirk digler
I'd like to know why you want to kill the only place you can actually talk football on this forum.

If DraftPlanet was eliminated, this place would be nothing but NFT. People would rather talk about a movie that's been out for 7 months, how big a shit they took, or drunk fathers leaving babies in ovens.

:spock:

You can start a football thread anytime you want. what is stopping you?

OnTheWarpath58
All chiefs related news should be in the lounge, and all other shit should be somewhere else.

Now this I agree with.

Count Zarth
03-17-2010, 10:10 AM
Bottom line is when I want to read Hamas sucking off Sean Weatherspoon or Mecca spooging over Taylor Mays or milkman calling Pioli a dumbfuck, I don't want to have to hunt for the thread.

And mock threads would drop like flies in the main lounge.

ChiTown
03-17-2010, 10:11 AM

I'm trying to help the discussion along by keeping those topics on the main board.

alpha_omega
No...leave it like it is for all the reasons previously mentioned.

-King-

Dude! You will not believe the size of the dump I took. Hold on while I snap some pics.

Delano
ROFL

Right. As if there aren't enough annoying NON-FOOTBALL related topics already

So let's keep the draft related material in an easy to find subforum.

If you've got a problem with the Lounge you can avoid it. Its evolved (or devolved) into what it is, whether you like it or not.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiTown
03-17-2010, 10:12 AM
Are you advocating destroying draftplanet completely or just reclassifying it from a planet to something like an asteroid or whatever they call Pluto now?

Youranus has a nice ring around it, I mean, about it......

OnTheWarpath58
03-17-2010, 10:13 AM
I'm trying to help the discussion along by keeping those topics on the main board.

I agree. Football topics continually get bumped off the first page because people here would rather talk about other bullshit.

But eliminating DraftPlanet isn't going to solve this issue. It's only going to make it worse.

L.A. Chieffan
Its draft fanatic stuff that even the casual fan wouldnt care about. People post shit about facebook and other stupid shit in here and the hardcore fans would never even see the other threads

Chiefnj2
The motion has failed.

Delano
03-17-2010, 10:14 AM

Ok, so rename draftplanet "the lounge" and call the current main forum something else. LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

tymania
How about make the lounge a place for the football talk and then make a separate forum for all the BS!?!? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? what say you?

ChiTown
The motion has failed.

Fuck off.

Garcia Bronco
and move all Draft related talk back into the Lounge. This is a football Message Board. WTF do we have a sub forum to talk about football related posts at ChiefsPlanet. Seriously.

Secondededededed. Sub forums fucking suck.

L.A. Chieffan
03-17-2010, 10:15 AM
The lounge has more non-football talk than football talk even during the regular season

Garcia Bronco
GFY

secondedededed

Pestilence
How about make the lounge a place for the football talk and then make a separate forum for all the BS!?!? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? what say you?

Because it would make more work for the Mods.

The Lounge is fine the way it is. You can find your Chiefs information and then you can look at other threads without having to go to a separate forum to find them.

oldandslow
03-17-2010, 10:16 AM
I would estimate that at least 50% of the topics on the main page are nft. It would be more than that if you moved DC back into the main forum (one of the best moves ever was to create DC).

This website is a bar. We sit around and talk about all types of things and part of the time discuss the local football team.

You could recreate the entire thing and have all things not football removed from the main page - however, I suspect you will reduce the number of posts if you do that.

I am ok with that btw. I play in DC once in a while, but when I come here, I want to see Chiefs news. The rest is simply icing.

L.A. Chieffan
whats the big deal anyways? if you want to see something about the draft just click draftplanet. much easier

Garcia Bronco

FREE PLUTO NOW!!!!

HemiEd
03-17-2010, 10:17 AM
Aye!

dirk digler
03-17-2010, 10:17 AM
I agree. Football topics continually get bumped off the first page because people here would rather talk about other bullshit.

But eliminating DraftPlanet isn't going to solve this issue. It's only going to make it worse.

It is the off-season and not alot to talk about. But if you notice there is 2 threads about the Chiefs on the front page of the Lounge that have more replies than anything in the DraftPlanet probably combined outside of the mock draft.

ChiTown
03-17-2010, 10:19 AM
whats the big deal anyways? if you want to see something about the draft just click draftplanet. much easier

Because, that place doesn't get the traffic that the main page does. I RARELY click on sub forums, except for DC (from time to time).

Draft news should be on the main page. Period.

Consistent1
03-17-2010, 10:19 AM
Dude, the draft forum is straight comedy. Better than the epic fail thread to listen to these guys arrogantly come off as experts. Keep it all in one place so when you need a laugh you can look at some guys 5000th mock draft analysis from teh past 10 days. Eric Berry...or I won't even just leave the Planet...I will kill myself...haha...And the mother-****ers will still be back to do it next year.

Woodrow Call
03-17-2010, 10:20 AM
It's perfect the way it is.

L.A. Chieffan
03-17-2010, 10:20 AM

I agree, but never underestimate the power of stupidity.

BigCatDaddy
03-17-2010, 10:21 AM
Yeah, nothing needs to be fixed here. I don't see a problem.

Detoxing
03-17-2010, 10:23 AM
Why should it be removed? i know where to find my draft threads at, rather than having to dig through the Lounge to find it.

besides, how damn hard is it to click on Draftplanet?

ChiTown
03-17-2010, 10:24 AM
Why should it be removed? i know where to find my draft threads at, rather than having to dig through the Lounge to find it.

How hard it it to keep football info on the main board?

tymania
03-17-2010, 10:25 AM
Because, that place doesn't get the traffic that the main page does. I RARELY click on sub forums, except for DC (from time to time).

Aye!!

LaChapelle
03-17-2010, 10:26 AM
Then the hate would be suffocating
there needs to be breaks so you don't become the monster
others have been lost

Chiefnj2
03-17-2010, 10:27 AM

Near impossible on a regular basis. Impossible with March Madness coming up.

dirk digler
03-17-2010, 10:27 AM

I thought that is why they have prefixes for? :shrug:

Sully
03-17-2010, 10:31 AM
Doesn't this thread belong in "make a MotionPlanet?"

Chocolate Hog
The draft section is cool because the trolls say away.

ChiTown
Doesn't this thread belong in "make a MotionPlanet?"

:clap:

Did I miss that section? Damnit, CARL!:cuss:

Detoxing
03-17-2010, 10:34 AM

Very hard. Evident by the fact that the main board is cluttered with non football posts.

ChiefsPlanet isn't just a football board anymore. It's a resource for all of the daily bullshit that goes on in the world today. Having a seperate forum for all Draft related info isn't a bad idea. It keeps it at the top. It's like a sticky.

Gonzo
03-17-2010, 10:34 AM
Sorry, Chi...
I gotta go no. I have 2 reasons for this:

1. It clutters the front page and everyone who has any type of an opinion will start a new thread.
2. I don't give a rat fuck what any of you think about the draft. You're all usually wrong and when you all actually get one right, you gloat like the downey kid at micky d's after he actually got my order correct.
Posted via Mobile Device

Detoxing
03-17-2010, 10:36 AM
I thought that is why they have prefixes for? :shrug:

except that you would have to scroll through pages and pages of BS to find those prefixes. Look at how long some of the draft planet threads have been up for, and they are easy to find. Half of the draftplanet threads wouldn't last more than a day in the lounge before it's bumped out of the rotation.

I just don't see what is so difficult about clicking DraftPlanet to find all of the draft threads.

tymania
03-17-2010, 10:36 AM
Very hard. Evident by the fact that the main board is cluttered bu non football posts.

ChiefsPlanet isn't just a football board anymore. It's a resource for all of the daily bullshit that goes on in the world today. Having a seperate forum for all Draft related info isn't a bad idea. It keeps it at the top. It's like sticky.

Why not do it the reverse way.. Have all football stuff on the Main Lounge then have a separate board for all the BS and everyday news stuff!?

Pushead2
03-17-2010, 10:39 AM
I haven't visited the Draft section because it's the same shit over and over. Then after the draft it'll be the same shit about who we DIDN'T take until the season starts.

RJ
03-17-2010, 10:39 AM
GFY

I've always thought we should have a seperate forum for I just took a shit threads.

Detoxing
03-17-2010, 10:40 AM
Why not do it the reverse way.. Have all football stuff on the Main Lounge then have a separate board for all the BS and everyday news stuff!?

That'd work for me too. Whatever, just so long as It's easy to read football info when I'm looking for it.

The downside to that scenario is that while football talk should increase, non-football talk would decrease. And IMO, it's the non-football related material that keeps this place buzzing.

ChiTown
03-17-2010, 10:40 AM
Very hard. Evident by the fact that the main board is cluttered with non football posts.

ChiefsPlanet isn't just a football board anymore. It's a resource for all of the daily bullshit that goes on in the world today. Having a seperate forum for all Draft related info isn't a bad idea. It keeps it at the top. It's like a sticky.

Gotcha. So, the Lounge isn't really football, it's catchall? OK. Let's make the Lounge the secondary board and ChiefsPlanet the main board for, you know, actual football talk. That is one crazy fkn idea, I know, but it may be worth a look.

Detoxing
03-17-2010, 10:41 AM
I haven't visited the Draft section because it's the same shit over and over. Then after the draft it'll be the same shit about who we DIDN'T take until the season starts.

Another reason to keep it seperate.

RJ
03-17-2010, 10:41 AM
I like the draft forum. I read a little there most days and I like being able to find the threads I'm interested in without a lot of searching.

Deberg_1990
03-17-2010, 10:42 AM
That's the thing: This isn't a football board, and hasn't been for sometime.

Good point. But IMO, one of the main reasons this site has so much traffic, is that its become an all encompassing pop culture site.

dirk digler
03-17-2010, 10:43 AM
except that you would have to scroll through pages and pages of BS to find those prefixes. Look at how long some of the draft planet threads have been up for, and they are easy to find. Half of the draftplanet threads wouldn't last more than a day in the lounge before it's bumped out of the rotation.

I just don't see what is so difficult about clicking DraftPlanet to find all of the draft threads.

It is not that difficult and IIRC when it gets closer to Draft Day everything is posted in the Lounge anyway.

I just disagree with the notion that you can't talk about football in the Lounge. There is nothing stopping anyone from starting a thread and talking football. If it is interesting it will get a ton of replies if it is not it gets buried. That is the way it should be.

ChiTown
03-17-2010, 10:43 AM
Another reason to keep it seperate.

There are opinions all over the place in almost every post and thread on these boards. Why do people get so much more upset over Draft Opinions than any other topic. Seriously, there is stupid shit all over this place, not just in Draft threads - as evidenced by my thread "Let's make a motion to get rid of draftplanet" :D

tymania
03-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Change?
YES WE CAN! YES WE CAN! YES WE CAN!

Detoxing
03-17-2010, 10:46 AM
Gotcha. So, the Lounge isn't really football, it's catchall? OK. Let's make the Lounge the secondary board and ChiefsPlanet the main board for, you know, actual football talk. That is one crazy fkn idea, I know, but it may be worth a look.

I wouldn't be opposed to it, i guess. But im also fine with it the way it is. Besides, current football topics are usually easy to find in the Lounge as long as it's current. I think the various draft threads would get lost in the shuffle because they wouldn't generate as much action as the "we signed Ryan Lilja" kind of threads. Those F/A threads only stay at the top because they are full of player/poster bashing.

RJ
03-17-2010, 10:46 AM
Put me squarely in the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" camp.

We do have a camp, right?

dirk digler
03-17-2010, 10:47 AM
I wouldn't be opposed to it, i guess. But im also fine with it the way it is. Besides, current football topics are usually easy to find in the Lounge as long as it's current. I think the various draft threads would get lost in the shuffle because they wouldn't generate as much action as the "we signed Ryan Lilja" kind of threads. Those F/A threads only stay at the top because they are full of player/poster bashing.

True but when I find a thread I like I use the Subscribe Thread feature and reference back to it and you can always bump them.

patteeu
03-17-2010, 10:48 AM
Aye.

Every time this board creates a new subforum it's unique character dies a little bit and it becomes more like every other message board on the internet.

At the very least, draft talk ought to be in the Lounge during the off-season (perhaps starting before the end of the season in years when the Chiefs are eliminated from contention early).

patteeu
03-17-2010, 10:49 AM

If it weren't broke, ChiTown wouldn't have posted this thread. ;)

Frazod
03-17-2010, 10:49 AM
I don't really feel strongly about this one. I see positives to both arguments. But at the end of the day, the draft is football related, and this is a football board.

Personally, I tend to ignore all the draft stuff, since I think it is pointless getting all worked up over who we MIGHT draft since none of us have any control over it whatsoever. By the time the draft gets here I'm as sick of hearing about all the endless draft speculation as I am of hearing Christmas music at the end of December. But I know there are many people here who have essentially elevated this crap to a religion, so more power to 'em.

So in closing, I'd just like to add that I have nothing to add.

ChiTown
03-17-2010, 10:50 AM

I'm sending you back home to your parents. No camping for you!

DaFace
Heh...I'm staying far, far away from this one.

patteeu
I thought thread prefixes were supposed to allow people to ignore the types of threads they don't want to see. Put it all in the Lounge and the people who don't want to see draft stuff can ignore draft stuff and the people who don't want to see poop threads can ignore poop threads. And the people who want to easily find all the mock drafts ever posted can use the filter for that too.

Detoxing
There are opinions all over the place in almost every post and thread on these boards. Why do people get so much more upset over Draft Opinions than any other topic. Seriously, there is stupid shit all over this place, not just in Draft threads - as evidenced by my thread "Let's make a motion to get rid of draftplanet" :D

What i was reffering to in that post was the "it's the same shit over and over again" comment. He's right. How many times can someone post about who they think should be the #5 pick before they lose interest in posting about it?

Draftplanet keeps all of the repetitive mock drafts in one place and sprinkles in a few trade scenarios here and there. I just think all of the useful information would get lost in the shuffle known as the "lounge"

Iowanian
03-17-2010, 10:51 AM

Because 3 or 4 know it alls can't discuss the draft with peasants in a somewhat civilized tone.

dirk digler
03-17-2010, 10:51 AM
Aye.

Every time this board creates a new subforum it's unique character dies a little bit and it becomes more like every other message board on the internet.

At the very least, draft talk ought to be in the Lounge during the off-season (perhaps starting before the end of the season in years when the Chiefs are eliminated from contention early).

Pat and I finally agree on something. :toast:PBJ

ChiTown
03-17-2010, 10:52 AM
What i was reffering to in that post was the "it's the same shit over and over again" comment. He's right. How many times can someone post about who they think should be the #5 pick before they lose interest in posting about it?

Draftplanet keeps all of the repetitive mock drafts in one place and sprinkles in a few trade scenarios here and there. I just think all of the useful information would get lost in the shuffle known as the "lounge"

I don't disagree, however (selfishly), the more I can "clutter" the Lounge with Chiefs/football news, the better the experience is for me.

Danman
03-17-2010, 10:52 AM
It's fine the way it is. Takes about all of 1 second to click draft planet. It's a good sub forum. don't change it.

dirk digler
03-17-2010, 10:53 AM
I thought thread prefixes were supposed to allow people to ignore the types of threads they don't want to see. Put it all in the Lounge and the people who don't want to see draft stuff can ignore draft stuff and the people who don't want to see poop threads can ignore poop threads. And the people who want to easily find all the mock drafts ever posted can use the filter for that too.

I asked that too but how do ignore certain topics is there a setting for that?

Brainiac
03-17-2010, 10:54 AM

You have identified the crux of your problem. It's how you navigate the site.

There's a link on the red bar called "New Posts". It shows all new posts, regardless of which forum or subforum they were posted in. If you always go there first, you'll never miss a thread because they're ALL listed there. If you only want to see threads about a specific topic, you can always click on the relevant subforum.

Detoxing
03-17-2010, 10:54 AM
I think i would have a bigger problem with DraftPlanet if it weren't so easily accesable from the Lounge. To me, it's just in extension of the Lounge. It's like a sticky. When i go to CP, i'm instantly in the Lounge. And one of the first things I ALWAYS see in the lounge; DraftPlanet w/ draft threads.

I just don't have a problem with it. If it were eradicated, I don't think i'd have an issue with that either.

DeezNutz
03-17-2010, 10:55 AM
It's important to keep because threads cannot be bumped down significantly. Everything is there and easy to spot, no needless searching and repetition.

Dave Lane
03-17-2010, 10:56 AM
GFY

Its because the draft stuff drops off the main page so fast because of poop threads and prayers for older appliances

patteeu
03-17-2010, 10:57 AM
This is what the Lounge looks like if you want all your draft-related threads in one place:

patteeu
03-17-2010, 11:02 AM
I asked that too but how do ignore certain topics is there a setting for that?

I don't know if there's an ignore feature yet or not, but you can click on an icon of interest and it will filter out all threads that don't share that prefix. Given the technical wizardry of our mods/admins, I doubt that it would be very hard to add the ability to ignore certain prefix types if hasn't already been created.

DaFace
03-17-2010, 11:03 AM
I don't know if there's an ignore feature yet or not, but you can click on an icon of interest and it will filter out all threads that don't share that prefix. Given the technical wizardry of our mods/admins, I doubt that it would be very hard to add the ability to ignore certain prefix types if hasn't already been created.

It can't be done in vBulletin, but if you're a Firefox user, FfVb works like a champ.

Lzen
03-17-2010, 11:07 AM
Aye! Matey!

Bugeater
03-17-2010, 11:07 AM
I don't really see what the problem is with having it.

Bill Parcells
03-17-2010, 11:09 AM
I don't really see what the problem is with having it.

There's A LOT of whining going on over here, n00b

LaChapelle
03-17-2010, 11:12 AM
Whatever google traffic wants

Mr. Flopnuts
03-17-2010, 11:13 AM
No.

Bill Parcells
03-17-2010, 11:15 AM
No.

What happened to your rep, Mr. Mr. Flopnuts?

ROFL

Mr. Flopnuts
03-17-2010, 11:17 AM
Ok, so rename draftplanet "the lounge" and call the current main forum something else. LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

Shitplanet? :shrug:

Mr. Flopnuts
03-17-2010, 11:17 AM
What happened to your rep, Mr. Mr. Flopnuts?

ROFL

Rep got a little too serious around here for me so I changed to The Ron Jeremy Neutral Stick. ;)

suds79
03-17-2010, 11:18 AM
I honestly don't care.

If we keep draftplanet, I can easily see the treads I want to check out.

If they're in the main lounge, same thing.

What's the big fuss?

Mr. Flopnuts
03-17-2010, 11:22 AM
Heh...I'm staying far, far away from this one.

LMAO

Bill Parcells
03-17-2010, 11:23 AM
Rep got a little too serious around here for me so I changed to The Ron Jeremy Neutral Stick. ;)

Dude, you and that n00b Bugeater just hit me..lmfao..Holy shit!

ROFL

ChiTown
03-17-2010, 11:24 AM
I honestly don't care.

If we keep draftplanet, I can easily see the treads I want to check out.

If they're in the main lounge, same thing.

What's the big fuss?

I see. So, if you want to change things around here, it's a "Big Fuss" or "Whining". Gotcha. I'd also like to throw in "Panties in a Bunch" and "Sand in the 'Giner". Hopefully, the addition of those won't clutter the stimulating debate that we are having.o:-)

Slainte
03-17-2010, 11:25 AM
One word: voyager

Mr. Flopnuts
03-17-2010, 11:26 AM
Dude, you and that n00b Bugeater just hit me..lmfao..Holy shit!

ROFL

I imagine he repped you for being nice enough to put his picture in your avatar? He'd probably prefer you use his "better side" the next time. :fire:

Mr. Laz
03-17-2010, 11:27 AM
imo we don't need to get rid of the draft forum but don't expect everyone to use it.

now that stupid ass Free Agency thread is another matter ...

patteeu
03-17-2010, 11:28 AM
It can't be done in vBulletin, but if you're a Firefox user, FfVb works like a champ.

Are you saying that you can't individually ignore prefixed topics?

Can you make a set of buttons or a menu that lets you select a single prefixed topic to view at a time (similar to clicking on a specific prefix now)? That way you could click on "Draft topics" to view only draft topics and then move on to "Chiefs" or "Life" or "Prayer" or "All Topics" when you're ready to apply a different filter or remove the filter altogether?

Bill Parcells
I imagine he repped you for being nice enough to put his picture in your avatar? He'd probably prefer you use his "better side" the next time. :fire:

He had my pic in his avatar first. Photoshopped as sasquatch because of my hairy Physique. lol..and thats when I started photoshopping him ;)

Donger
I find this idea to be unpleasant.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-17-2010, 11:30 AM
He had my pic in his avatar first. Photoshopped as sasquatch because of my hairy Physique. lol..and thats when I started photoshopping him ;)

LMAO Those photoshops are pure awesome.

LaChapelle
03-17-2010, 11:30 AM
Washington DC and the Holy Land are looking for the crack

Bugeater
03-17-2010, 11:33 AM
I've been using that photoshop of me that Sperm Edwards made as my facebook profile pic since the day I joined.

Bill Parcells
03-17-2010, 11:36 AM
I've been using that photoshop of me that Sperm Edwards made as my facebook profile pic since the day I joined.

Sperm is the shit at Photshop..lol..so thats why you asked me for the bigger one? lol

BIG_DADDY
03-17-2010, 11:41 AM
Aye

Saccopoo
03-17-2010, 11:44 AM
Aye.

Actually it is. The Draft Planet link is usually removed from the main menu before the start of the regular season and is put back up at the end of the season. It's more of a seasonal link than anything. Think of it as the Christmas Holiday section of your favorite big box retailer.

It's a nice place to have at this time versus throwing draft related topics onto the CP board and then having to wade through all the flotsam to find one. The DP centralizes all draft related posts in an easy to find area.

Marcellus
03-17-2010, 11:49 AM
I didn't realize it was so hard to use a mouse.

Mr. Laz
03-17-2010, 11:53 AM
and "no!" Patteeu, no matter what kind of ignore feature in implemented we are not putting politics back into the Lounge.

:p

ChiTown
03-17-2010, 11:53 AM
I didn't realize it was so hard to use a mouse.

Bravo! That's EXACTLY what this is about. MICE!

:clap:

DaFace
03-17-2010, 12:02 PM
Are you saying that you can't individually ignore prefixed topics?

Can you make a set of buttons or a menu that lets you select a single prefixed topic to view at a time (similar to clicking on a specific prefix now)? That way you could click on "Draft topics" to view only draft topics and then move on to "Chiefs" or "Life" or "Prayer" or "All Topics" when you're ready to apply a different filter or remove the filter altogether?

You can use the drop-down in the bottom left of the thread list to filter to a specific prefix, or there are a handful of presets under the "forums" menu up top.

aturnis
03-17-2010, 12:02 PM
If it is such a chore for you to simply click on "draftplanet" then obviously you must not care enough to do so. If you don't care enough about draftplanet to visit the sub forum then you must not have too much insight on draft related topics. If you don't care to talk about the draft, then why do you want to get rid of draftplanet.

I love the setup. I know when I get on Chiefsplanet, if there is any Chiefs related news for the day, I can find it within the first three pages. Which could be a chore going to each page, so I enabe auto page and its as simple as pressing "page down". This also works for any ongoing Chiefs related topics.

Along the journey for my quest for Chiefs information and chatter, I stumble across some really funny/crazy/shocking/interesting things. It's good to vary my focus from time to time.

I then check out the "mediacenter" b/c I am somewhat a videogame/movie/ a/v /music/comp. nerd. Or, just a plain ol' nerd. Cool, especially helps when Chiefs news is slow.

Then, on to "draftplanet" to get my draft fix. Like to keep up and have a general idea of what is going on. This also helps to get acquainted with the rest of the NFL as the guys you look into this year, will be spread throughout the league and might be the studs of tomorrow.

What's your problem? Shit's fine, if you want to talk draft, you know where to go. If you get rid of the draft sub forum, you won't know where to go now will you?

aturnis
03-17-2010, 12:04 PM
You can use the drop-down in the bottom left of the thread list to filter to a specific prefix, or there are a handful of presets under the "forums" menu up top.

BTW DaFace. Thanks again for enabling that feature. Never though a simple suggestion would ever come to "fruition". Keep up the good work.

BIG_DADDY
03-17-2010, 12:06 PM
BTW DaFace. Thanks again for enabling that feature. Never though a simple suggestion would ever come to "fruition". Keep up the good work.

Where have you been dog? They finally let you out?

aturnis
03-17-2010, 12:14 PM
This website is a bar. We sit around and talk about all types of things and part of the time discuss the local football team.

You could recreate the entire thing and have all things not football removed from the main page - however, I suspect you will reduce the number of posts if you do that..

Exactly right. You go to a bar, which one do you choose? Well, you obviously chose a Chiefs bar so you'd have a common interest with some people to proliferate converation.

The main forum being the lounge. A general gather place for people who do share a common interest, but might just want to chat, bullshit, laugh, or seek advice. Generally shoot the shit and chill.

If you want to talk a/v, or the NFL draft, or politics, whatever your one main topic of conversation interest might be, well. You're going to have to go down to the other end of the bar to talk to the drunken lawyer who also wants to talk politics.

Get over it.

ChiTown
03-17-2010, 12:15 PM
If it is such a chore for you to simply click on "draftplanet" then obviously you must not care enough to do so. If you don't care enough about draftplanet to visit the sub forum then you must not have too much insight on draft related topics. If you don't care to talk about the draft, then why do you want to get rid of draftplanet.

I love the setup. I know when I get on Chiefsplanet, if there is any Chiefs related news for the day, I can find it within the first three pages. Which could be a chore going to each page, so I enabe auto page and its as simple as pressing "page down". This also works for any ongoing Chiefs related topics.

Along the journey for my quest for Chiefs information and chatter, I stumble across some really funny/crazy/shocking/interesting things. It's good to vary my focus from time to time.

I then check out the "mediacenter" b/c I am somewhat a videogame/movie/ a/v /music/comp. nerd. Or, just a plain ol' nerd. Cool, especially helps when Chiefs news is slow.

Then, on to "draftplanet" to get my draft fix. Like to keep up and have a general idea of what is going on. This also helps to get acquainted with the rest of the NFL as the guys you look into this year, will be spread throughout the league and might be the studs of tomorrow.

What's your problem? Shit's fine, if you want to talk draft, you know where to go. If you get rid of the draft sub forum, you won't know where to go now will you?

Excellent.

Might I suggest that we also have a poop forum, a prayer forum, a baby in the oven forum, a happy birthday forum (I mean, if I want to know what Birthday's I've missed, it's one easy click - and quite frankly, how hard is it to click on to something.............). The possibilities are mindles, err, endless.

aturnis
03-17-2010, 12:21 PM
Where have you been dog? They finally let you out?

Haha, been around fairly steady now for awhile. Had a few years right out of highschool when I disappeared for lack of internet. Broke college student and all. I'd say I've been on pretty much daily for about 4-5yrs. now. Don't always say much, but lately I've been abusing the neighborhood lapdog(billay) as much as possible. Not intentionally really, but b/c he always jumps right on Danes ass in debates.

What took you so long to notice?

aturnis
03-17-2010, 12:25 PM
Excellent.

Might I suggest that we also have a poop forum, a prayer forum, a baby in the oven forum, a happy birthday forum (I mean, if I want to know what Birthday's I've missed, it's one easy click - and quite frankly, how hard is it to click on to something.............). The possibilities are mindles, err, endless.

Nope, that all falls under the general bullshit forum which is "The Lounge", you know a social gathering point.

What's the big deal? If you wanted to build model trains or fly hobby planes you would have to get your ass to a special place built just for that in order to find an abundance of people to talk about it with. Quite your bitching.

Fish
03-17-2010, 12:28 PM
Booooo

ChiTown
03-17-2010, 12:28 PM
Nope, that all falls under the general bullshit forum which is "The Lounge", you know a social gathering point.

What's the big deal? If you wanted to build model trains or fly hobby planes you would have to get your ass to a special place built just for that in order to find an abundance of people to talk about it with. Quite your bitching.

"Quite your bitching". Great. Now you're going to make me go back and add that to the list. Thanks a lot............

ChiTown
03-17-2010, 12:29 PM
Booooo

Who?

patteeu
03-17-2010, 12:35 PM
Excellent.

Good point. Why the draft should be specially segregated is beyond me. Don't people talk about the draft in Chiefs-friendly bars?

ChiTown
03-17-2010, 12:39 PM
Good point. Why the draft should be specially segregated is beyond me. Don't people talk about the draft in Chiefs-friendly bars?

Fucking elitism is what it is.

aturnis
03-17-2010, 12:47 PM

Why don't we just move DC back onto the main page also? Don't be a hypocrite Pat.

As far as being a specific topic of someones main interest, it would categorize as a special interest. As most people just touch on it and really only care about the Chiefs and who they are drafting. As far as the Chiefs and who they are drafting or showing interest on, that all goes back to a Chiefs interest and would be on the main forum. "Chiefs showing interest in..." "Pioli would never draft a safety that high" those are the types of draft related news that are on the main forum for all the Chiefs fans.

As far as "draft" fans. There aren't really that many, and they like to sit at their own table and discuss what they like to discuss without the clamoring and griping of bowel movements.

There really are just a few:

Hamas
Dane
Milkman
Direckshun
OTW58
Mecca
Pestilence
Saccapoo

There are others I'm sure, lurkers and novices like myself, but those are the guys who come to mind as the guys who really talk draft just to talk draft. Study ALL of the players, whether or not the Chiefs might take them. Why should they be able to sit at their own table and talk the draft without being interrupted by bullshit? After all, if they want to bullshit, they know where to go to do so.

Mr. Laz
03-17-2010, 01:37 PM
As far as "draft" fans. There aren't really that many, and they like to sit at their own table and discuss what they like to discuss without the clamoring and griping of bowel movements.

Hamas
Dane
Milkman
Direckshun
OTW58
Mecca
Pestilence
Saccapoo
there would be more if the group you just listed were complete assholes about everything "draft"

it's a dam battle zone for even the most casual draft topic

Draft Forum = extremist

Lounge = Draft topics for people who don't want to have a battle royal about every single topic

dirk digler
03-17-2010, 01:43 PM
Why don't we just move DC back onto the main page also? Don't be a hypocrite Pat.

As far as being a specific topic of someones main interest, it would categorize as a special interest. As most people just touch on it and really only care about the Chiefs and who they are drafting. As far as the Chiefs and who they are drafting or showing interest on, that all goes back to a Chiefs interest and would be on the main forum. "Chiefs showing interest in..." "Pioli would never draft a safety that high" those are the types of draft related news that are on the main forum for all the Chiefs fans.

Hamas
Dane
Milkman
Direckshun
OTW58
Mecca
Pestilence
Saccapoo

There are others I'm sure, lurkers and novices like myself, but those are the guys who come to mind as the guys who really talk draft just to talk draft. Study ALL of the players, whether or not the Chiefs might take them. Why should they be able to sit at their own table and talk the draft without being interrupted by bullshit? After all, if they want to bullshit, they know where to go to do so.

Pat isn't a hypocrite because he would love for DC to be moved back into the Lounge. I wouldn't mind it either it would probably weed out all the extremists because everyone would laugh at them and run them off like the Lounge did bootlegg.

As far as having a separate forum for the draft why not have one for people who like to cook for example because there aren't really that many, and they like to sit at their own table and discuss what they like to discuss without the clamoring and griping of bowel movements.

Jilly
03-17-2010, 01:45 PM

I don't find this to be remotely true. Yes, there are the auxiliary threads, but 75% of the threads in the Lounge are football related.

Jilly
03-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Oh and I like DraftPlanet. I don't post in there because when it comes to players, I know next to little and I learn a lot from there.

aturnis
03-17-2010, 01:46 PM
there would be more if the group you just listed were complete assholes about everything "draft"

it's a dam battle zone for even the most casual draft topic

Draft Forum = extremist

Lounge = Draft topics for people who don't want to have a battle royal about every single topic

Like I said, lounge gets Chiefs related draft topics that are okay for casual draft minds b/c the main discussion is usually Chiefs this or that.

Draftplanet though, if you don't know what you're talking about, you'll get raped verbally. Hell, even if you have a different philosophy or are happy w/ the direction things are headed you might get smacked around and violated a bit.

Jilly
03-17-2010, 01:48 PM
I lied. Today there are only about 25% of the threads that are football related. But many are sports related.

Mr. Laz
03-17-2010, 01:52 PM
Pat isn't a hypocrite because he would love for DC to be moved back into the Lounge. I wouldn't mind it either it would probably weed out all the extremists because everyone would laugh at them and run them off like the Lounge did bootlegg.
No ... no, we wouldn't

it's been tried before and all the "laugh at them" just fed the troll inside them and they started posting more and more.

Hell .... Donger was a full blown Political troll until it got moved to it's own subforum and he no longer got enough attention.

Donger and Ringleader ... they ended up getting limited to 1 or 2 thread starts a day because they just spammed the Lounge with political shit every day, all day.

*sigh* schlonger and buttringer ... gawd that was a mess.

aturnis
03-17-2010, 01:56 PM
As far as having a separate forum for the draft why not have one for people who like to cook for example because there aren't really that many, and they like to sit at their own table and discuss what they like to discuss without the clamoring and griping of bowel movements.

That's just not true, or at least it's not the same thing. A large portion of the boards population appreciates some good eats, and a good portion of the people who like to eat at least try to cook. Cooking isn't a niche topic, it's general. I talk about cooking and food with guys at work all the time. Don't really exchange recipes or anything, but getting some solid advice on cooking is someone anyone would do.

Where in your everyday life do you ever talk to someone who is not a more than a casual fan about the NFL draft in October/November? I never talk about these things with my mother, sisters, brother, cousin, grandma, or even coworkers really. Aside from one guy I work with who played college ball and appreciates him some football, and a few guys who actually follow pro football, I never talk about the NFL draft with anyone outside of Chiefsplanet, and certainly don't talk to them about it in October.

dirk digler
03-17-2010, 01:56 PM
No ... no, we wouldn't

it's been tried before and all the "laugh at them" just fed the troll inside them and they started posting more and more.

Hell .... Donger was a full blown Political troll until it got moved to it's own subforum and he no longer got enough attention.

Donger and Ringleader ... they ended up getting limited to 1 or 2 thread starts a day because they just spammed the Lounge with political shit every day, all day.

*sigh* schlonger and buttringer ... gawd that was a mess.

I think it was Jaz not Donger or maybe both. I think in the off season it should be all joined together eliminate all the sub forums and once the season starts separate them out again. Cmon you know it would be fun and chaotic. :D

Mr. Laz
03-17-2010, 01:57 PM
Like I said, lounge gets Chiefs related draft topics that are okay for casual draft minds b/c the main discussion is usually Chiefs this or that.

Draftplanet though, if you don't know what you're talking about, you'll get raped verbally. Hell, even if you have a different philosophy or are happy w/ the direction things are headed you might get smacked around and violated a bit.
the draft is 80% opinion ... knowing doesn't really matter much if someone is just plain hostile.

"Player A is good"
"Player A sucks and you're a dumbass"
"Player A has good numbers in college"
"Player A has his numbers padded by the system you moron"
"I think Player A translates to the Pro game"
"you are teh idiot and you're momma should of killed herself instead of birthing you"

oh yea ... knowing makes all the difference. :rolleyes:

Donger
03-17-2010, 01:58 PM
Donger and Ringleader ... they ended up getting limited to 1 or 2 thread starts a day

I don't believe that I've ever had my thread starting privileges limited. Nor am I an extremist.

aturnis
03-17-2010, 01:59 PM
Fuck, I'm glad we don't get douches like Shtspayer in the lounge, and I'm sure the "drafturbators" appreciate the KCJohnny's staying out of their conversations.

dirk digler
03-17-2010, 02:05 PM
That's just not true, or at least it's not the same thing. A large portion of the boards population appreciates some good eats, and a good portion of the people who like to eat at least try to cook. Cooking isn't a niche topic, it's general. I talk about cooking and food with guys at work all the time. Don't really exchange recipes or anything, but getting some solid advice on cooking is someone anyone would do.

Where in your everyday life do you ever talk to someone who is not a more than a casual fan about the NFL draft in October/November? I never talk about these things with my mother, sisters, brother, cousin, grandma, or even coworkers really. Aside from one guy I work with who played college ball and appreciates him some football, and a few guys who actually follow pro football, I never talk about the NFL draft with anyone outside of Chiefsplanet, and certainly don't talk to them about it in October.

I was just using cooking as an example. I could come up with an endless amount of "niche" topics that could have their own forum by your criteria for example construction\home remodeling, mechanics, fitness etc etc etc.

aturnis
03-17-2010, 02:06 PM
the draft is 80% opinion ... knowing doesn't really matter much if someone is just plain hostile.

"Player A is good"
"Player A sucks and you're a dumbass"
"Player A has good numbers in college"
"Player A has his numbers padded by the system you moron"
"I think Player A translates to the Pro game"
"you are teh idiot and you're momma should of killed herself instead of birthing you"

oh yea ... knowing makes all the difference. :rolleyes:

I know I know. Especially when you have douches like Dane pretending they know what their looking at when it comes to offensive line play. Then, when they are disproved for the umteenth time they get all aggressive and eventually everyone just throws up their hands and says forget it.

Dane would like to think he knows what he's talking about, truth is though, he's just figured out the formula.

#1 At every opportunity, exclaim about how the Chiefs suck
#2 Every time the Chiefs make a "move", say it sucks and their stupid
#3 Pretend to know what you're talking about
#4 When proven wrong, or beaten a debate, disappear
#5 When confronted about disappearing and not knowing shit, assault assault assault
#6 When in doubt, be negative.

Mr. Laz
03-17-2010, 02:08 PM
I don't believe that I've ever had my thread starting privileges limited. Nor am I an extremist.
maybe it was just Ringleader that got the limit of 1 political topic thread each day, but you two were bird's of a feather ... i still think it was both of you.

in fact, i think everyone should thank you and ringleader,jAZ,Meme etc.

You guys are the ones that tipped it over the edge and got Washington D.C. invented.

I was there in the middle of it ... i invented the names schlonger and buttringer in the first place just because of your political trollship.

the way your are about "Big Oil" now you were with all of Politics then. In fact i don't think you even started posting at all on CPlanet until the political blow up.

some of us haven't forgotten ;)

aturnis
03-17-2010, 02:16 PM
I was just using cooking as an example. I could come up with an endless amount of "niche" topics that could have their own forum by your criteria for example construction\home remodeling, mechanics, fitness etc etc etc.

I agree, but a lot these niche topics don't have as large a following as say the mediacenter stuff. In the mediacenter's case, you can lump a whole lot of general topics into one niche topic. Music, movies, comps., games, home theater, all of the entertainment industry really. So it works.

As far as construction/home remodeling, mechanics and such, in the past, I already made the suggestion of a "handy man's corner". It'd be nice, but the following really just isn't quite as strong. You have a lot of auto ?'s in the lounge from time to time, a lot of home repair and all that, but not enough to build a firm sub forum off of, it just wouldn't get the traffic it would need to justify the extra work it takes to patrol, and upkeep. That is why we got the categories, so you can filter what it is you want to talk about.

You can argue that the draftplanet doesn't have the traffic either, b/c it is mostly a seasonal thing, but I think there are a lot more lurkers in the draftplanet than anything else. Not a lot of people want to put themselves out there with an opinion on something they know nothing about. Like Jilly said though, it's a good place to go and lurk in order to learn more about the prospects and draft expectations.

CrazyPhuD
Draft planet needs tags.....that is all...

Donger
maybe it was just Ringleader that got the limit of 1 political topic thread each day, but you two were bird's of a feather ... i still think it was both of you.

in fact, i think everyone should thank you and ringleader,jAZ,Meme etc.

You guys are the ones that tipped it over the edge and got Washington D.C. invented.

I was there in the middle of it ... i invented the names schlonger and buttringer in the first place just because of your political trollship.

the way your are about "Big Oil" now you were with all of Politics then. In fact i don't think you even started posting at all on CPlanet until the political blow up.

some of us haven't forgotten ;)

Speaking for myself, I think the creation of DC was and is a great idea.

Thanks for the reminder about the gasoline price thread. I think that needs a bump to the Lounge.

BIG_DADDY
03-17-2010, 02:17 PM
Haha, been around fairly steady now for awhile. Had a few years right out of highschool when I disappeared for lack of internet. Broke college student and all. I'd say I've been on pretty much daily for about 4-5yrs. now. Don't always say much, but lately I've been abusing the neighborhood lapdog(billay) as much as possible. Not intentionally really, but b/c he always jumps right on Danes ass in debates.

What took you so long to notice?

I don't really know. First time I saw your name on here in awhile. Good to see you.

Duck Dog
03-17-2010, 02:21 PM
I enjoy draft planet. Otherwise football related topics would fall off the page too quickly.

aturnis
03-17-2010, 02:21 PM
Well it looks like you might be spending a lot of time in DC eh? With the anti-o crowd. I've just about given up on politics myself, the debates will never end and nobody will ever change their mind, so I just stopped getting into those debates. Haven't even popped into DC in quite some time.

Hope all is well.

DaneMcCloud
03-17-2010, 02:23 PM

NO.

For reasons stated by all of those who also stated no.

patteeu
03-17-2010, 02:24 PM

Hamas
Dane
Milkman
Direckshun
OTW58
Mecca
Pestilence
Saccapoo

I'm all for re-merging DC with the Lounge so I second your motion. But this thread isn't about that so we should stick to the topic at hand.

Personally, I'd rather see draft topics than many of the NFTs that are posted here, especially around draft time. It's very easy to isolate draft topics if a draftnik wants to "sit at his own table" using the filter feature so that's not really much of an argument.

Donger
03-17-2010, 02:27 PM
I'm all for re-merging DC with the Lounge so I second your motion.

Come on, Patty. The creation of DC will never be undone. Kind of like what will happen if the Democrats create socialized medicine.

:)

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-17-2010, 02:28 PM
It's a good idea in spirit, but almost everyone who posts here either knows nothing about football or they can't see the forest for Pioli's nutsac hair.

patteeu
03-17-2010, 02:30 PM
I think it was Jaz not Donger or maybe both. I think in the off season it should be all joined together eliminate all the sub forums and once the season starts separate them out again. Cmon you know it would be fun and chaotic. :D

Sounds like a winning compromise to me. :thumb:

patteeu
03-17-2010, 02:32 PM
Fuck, I'm glad we don't get douches like Shtspayer in the lounge, and I'm sure the "drafturbators" appreciate the KCJohnny's staying out of their conversations.

Don't kid yourself. There are plenty of douches in the Lounge.

Donger
03-17-2010, 02:34 PM
It's a good idea in spirit, but almost everyone who posts here either knows nothing about football or they can't see the forest for Pioli's nutsac hair.

Perhaps DraftPlanet should be renamed "SnootyPlanet" or "ElitistPlanet"?

Jilly
03-17-2010, 02:34 PM

There's that. But there's a lot of us who just don't like to say anything for fear we'll get our heads taken off for not agreeing or for seeing things a different way.

aturnis
03-17-2010, 02:36 PM
Don't kid yourself. There are plenty of douches in the Lounge.

Yeah, but none like that guy.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-17-2010, 02:37 PM
There's that. But there's a lot of us who just don't like to say anything for fear we'll get our heads taken off for not agreeing or for seeing things a different way.

Perhaps, but there's a lot of evidence to the contrary.

Go look at the game thread for the Chiefs-Broncos game last year. Specifically, the play were Orton completed a long pass to Gaffney down to the 5 or so.

People were ripping on Carr for blowing the play, when at the exact moment it happened, many of us "malcontents" were saying "watch people blame Carr for that when it was really Mike Brown's fault."

The fact of the matter is that most people on here are either ball watchers, ball washers, or a combination thereof.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-17-2010, 02:37 PM
Perhaps DraftPlanet should be renamed "SnootyPlanet" or "ElitistPlanet"?

Fortunately, we know it could be named "Anything Football-relatedPlanet" and you'd never post there.

Donger
03-17-2010, 02:38 PM

Go look at the game thread for the Chiefs-Broncos game last year. Specifically, the play were Orton completed a long pass to Gaffney down to the 5 or so.

People were ripping on Carr for blowing the play, when at the exact moment it happened, many of us "malcontents" were saying "watch people blame Carr for that when it was really Mike Brown's fault."

The fact of the matter is that most people on here are either ball watchers, ball washers, or a combination thereof.

Well, I suppose we should give you malcontents thanks for condescending to share your greatness.

Mr. Laz
03-17-2010, 02:39 PM
I shall define thy honor, fair lady!!

i will smite thine attackers with the never-ending fury of justice

They shall cower, They shall cower and rue the day they dared cast doubt on the integrity of the lady fair.

all evil doers be forbidden and forewarned!!! :#

http://www.fancydressfancydress.com/USERIMAGES/BRAVE%20HEART%20KNIGHT%20COSTUME.JPG

BigMeatballDave
03-17-2010, 02:39 PM
Because I am a retarded chimp. End of discussion.

FYP
Posted via Mobile Device

patteeu
03-17-2010, 02:40 PM
Yeah, but none like that guy.

I guess the measure of douchiness is pretty subjective. Can't say that I agree with you though.

Jilly
03-17-2010, 02:41 PM

no, I totally agree with you....that's why I said, "there's that" in my post. But the other lack of football conversation has to do with a fair amount of fear. And for me, it seems every time I get into a conversation about football, people feel some need to "school" me as if being a girl automatically puts me at a handicap. So I've been choosing not to say much because well, I don't need to be "schooled".

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-17-2010, 02:41 PM
Well, I suppose we should give you malcontents thanks for condescending to share your greatness.

Yes, it's entirely detestable that one might know more than another.

Interesting thing about the Internet: everyone has an opinion

Another interesting thing: Not all opinions are equally well informed.

You have the right to say something stupid. I have the right to call you a dumbass for saying it.

Jilly
03-17-2010, 02:42 PM
I shall define thy honor, fair lady!!

i will smite thine attackers with the never-ending fury of justice

They shall cower, They shall cower and rue the day they dared cast doubt on the integrity of the lady fair.

all evil doers be forbidden and forewarned!!! :#

http://www.fancydressfancydress.com/USERIMAGES/BRAVE%20HEART%20KNIGHT%20COSTUME.JPG

MY HERO!!!!!!! Swoon, Sigh!!

Donger
03-17-2010, 02:43 PM

You have the right to say something stupid. I have the right to call you a dumbass for saying it.

Like I said, thanks for sharing your greatness.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-17-2010, 02:43 PM
no, I totally agree with you....that's why I said, "there's that" in my post. But the other lack of football conversation has to do with a fair amount of fear. And for me, it seems every time I get into a conversation about football, people feel some need to "school" me as if being a girl automatically puts me at a handicap. So I've been choosing not to say much because well, I don't need to be "schooled".

I can't speak for others, but I don't believe I've ever done this to you, nor have I seen what I think of as the more knowledgeable football posters doing this to anyone solely because of their gender.

patteeu
03-17-2010, 02:44 PM

'Hamas' quit coming to DC for pretty much the same reason. :evil:

FAX
03-17-2010, 02:45 PM

Dang, man.

You deserve a cookie.

FAX

Mr. Laz
03-17-2010, 02:48 PM
ok ... that's just funny

LMAO

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-17-2010, 02:49 PM
You do not deserve a participation ribbon for posting on a football forum.

If you are going to offer an opinion, it behooves you to back it up with evidence to support your claims.

It's really that simple.

People who offer no evidence are laughed at.
People who offer stupid evidence are laughed at.
People who only exist as contrarian trolls (Saccopoo) are laughed at.

This isn't a football version of Heathers, as the oh-so-persecuted Laz might want others to believe.

OTW will tell you, when he first came to this site, he didn't know nearly as much as he does now, and htis took him to task for it.

I've learned a ton over the time I've been here, specifically about the draft because I took a keen interest in it.

There's no glass ceiling limiting your participation.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-17-2010, 02:50 PM
Dang, man.

You deserve a cookie.

FAX

And a tray of brownies to the man for his limericks and passive aggressive bullshit.

Jilly
03-17-2010, 02:50 PM
I can't speak for others, but I don't believe I've ever done this to you, nor have I seen what I think of as the more knowledgeable football posters doing this to anyone solely because of their gender.

You haven't. Others have. Maybe it's because I say dumb shit and not my gender. Perhaps I'm being overly sensitive. I do remember calling someone out on it once and it not being denied. So, there's that.

Jilly
03-17-2010, 02:51 PM

yeah, me too. come to think of it, this thread has shed some light for me. Perhaps I'm just a dumb ass all the way around and that's why I choose to stick to alcohol, sex, and poop related conversations.

Donger
03-17-2010, 02:51 PM
You do not deserve a participation ribbon for posting on a football forum.

If you are going to offer an opinion, it behooves you to back it up with evidence to support your claims.

It's really that simple.

People who offer no evidence are laughed at.
People who offer stupid evidence are laughed at.
People who only exist as contrarian trolls (Saccopoo) are laughed at.

This isn't a football version of Heathers, as the oh-so-persecuted Laz might want others to believe.

OTW will tell you, when he first came to this site, he didn't know nearly as much as he does now, and htis took him to task for it.

I've learned a ton over the time I've been here, specifically about the draft because I took a keen interest in it.

There's no glass ceiling limiting your participation.

I suddenly feel light-headed.

* swoon *

Saccopoo
03-17-2010, 02:52 PM

Hamas being a perfect example of this and yet people still tolerate him on the Draft Planet.

I mean, the guy's takes are fucking retarded.

Mr. Laz
MY HERO!!!!!!! Swoon, Sigh!!
Thanks for playing along ... it helps me feel more "manly"

:D

'Hamas' Jenkins

That, or 90% of the threads were about some combination of

Lew Tacwell
Ayn Rand
Paultards
White Man's Burden
SHTSPRAYER
patteeu defending SHTSPRAYER
Thinly veiled threats towards Obama
Out and out trolling.

DC morphed into a conservative stew of the miserable from August to November of '08, and at this point it best visited only for reasons analogous as to why you might look at Ebola under a microscope.

Jilly
03-17-2010, 02:53 PM
Thanks for playing along ... it helps me feel more "manly"

Oh sweetheart, you know I'm a fan of yours!

dirk digler

Just as long as you know that applies to you as well.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Hamas being a perfect example of this and yet people still tolerate him on the Draft Planet.

I mean, the guy's takes are fucking retarded.

Oh, the irony.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-17-2010, 02:54 PM
Just as long as you know that applies to you as well.

I never said it didn't, nor did I claim to ever be exempt from mistakes. You know as well as anyone that I've been fully forthright with admitting my mistakes in player evaluations

(Ryan, Gholston, etc.)

Mr. Laz
03-17-2010, 02:54 PM
I suddenly feel light-headed.

* swoon *
*flips his cape and swoops in for the catch*

hey wait .... you don't have da boobies!!

*drops donger in mud puddle*

philfree
03-17-2010, 02:55 PM

Yeah shuffling football related topics to a sub forum was always silly to me. If anybody really thinks they're smarter than the rest they should go find the smart people forum. Or those people can just text each other with their blackberry's and thus avoid all the planeteers who they are just to smart to discuss football with. What a joke.

PhilFree:arrow:

dirk digler
03-17-2010, 02:55 PM
I never said it didn't, nor did I claim to ever be exempt from mistakes. You know as well as anyone that I've been fully forthright with admitting my mistakes in player evaluations

(Ryan, Gholston, etc.)

Fair enough. I fully admit I am stupid and make mistakes most of the time just ask pat.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-17-2010, 02:56 PM
Yeah shuffling football related topics to a sub forum was always silly to me. If anybody really thinks they're smarter than the rest they should go find the smart people forum. Or those people can just text each other with their blackberry's and thus avoid all the planeteers who they are just to smart to discuss football with. What a joke.

You can see the intensity in Phil's eyes when he posted this.

Ari Chi3fs
03-17-2010, 02:57 PM
Aye!

OnTheWarpath58

LMAO

Donger
Hamas, two questions:

1) If the football discourse in the Lounge is so poor, why do you come here? Would you not be happier in ElitistPlanet, with people of your own kind?

2) Do you think that people who post in that sub-forum have superior football knowledge in general?

Donger
03-17-2010, 02:58 PM
*flips his cape and swoops in for the catch*

hey wait .... you don't have da boobies!!

*drops donger in mud puddle*

LMAO

It's an oil puddle, and I roll around in it like a pig in sh*t.

DeezNutz
03-17-2010, 03:00 PM
1) If the football discourse in the Lounge is so poor, why do you come here? Would you not be happier in ElitistPlanet, with people of your own kind?

2) Do you think that people who post in that sub-forum have superior football knowledge in general?

1. I have created such a site, which you might be interested in frequenting. All of our hi-jinks happen out back. No bullshit in the garage or drive.

2. Superior? No. Might pay a bit more attention than the average bear to college football? Absolutely.

Chocolate Hog
03-17-2010, 03:01 PM
What's wrong with Ron Paul Hamas?

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-17-2010, 03:02 PM
Hamas, two questions:

1) It may be poor, but it's better than what you'll find at a sports bar. The average fan makes RoyIII look like milkman.

2) Yes, because they follow the game more closely. I don't claim to have more knowledge than you about the intricacies of oil, because I don't follow it nearly as closely (at all, in fact).

Generally, those who spend more time studying types of material know more than those who don't.

That's why we have universities.

Mr. Laz
03-17-2010, 03:02 PM
Hamas, two questions:

it's been posted several times that us general people just don't understand the draft the way the "serious draft people" do.

Saccopoo
03-17-2010, 03:03 PM
yeah, me too. come to think of it, this thread has shed some light for me. Perhaps I'm just a dumb ass all the way around and that's why I choose to stick to alcohol, sex, and poop related conversations.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vr1ntmQwMXQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vr1ntmQwMXQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

OnTheWarpath58
03-17-2010, 03:03 PM
1) It may be poor, but it's better than what you'll find at a sports bar. The average fan makes RoyIII look like milkman.

2) Yes, because they follow the game more closely. I don't claim to have more knowledge than you about the intricacies of oil, because I don't follow it nearly as closely (at all, in fact).

Generally, those who spend more time studying types of material know more than those who don't.

LMAO

Donger
03-17-2010, 03:04 PM

Okay, so why dirty yourself even posting here? Why not just stick to ElitistPlanet? Are you attempting to share your greatness and knowledge?

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-17-2010, 03:04 PM
What's wrong with Ron Paul Hamas?

Ron Paul the individual? Not much. He's a cooky congressman with an interesting set of philosophical contradictions. He is to "no" as Donger is to the deflecting question.

Ron Paul the ideological movement? Well, in that case, one could fill the internet with objections.

Chocolate Hog
03-17-2010, 03:07 PM
Ron Paul the individual? Not much. He's a cooky congressman with an interesting set of philosophical contradictions. He is to "no" as Donger is to the deflecting question.

Ron Paul the ideological movement? Well, in that case, one could fill the internet with objections.

He's no more cooky than the guy locked in a tiger cage for 5 years then later on elected to be the presidential nominee of his party.

His movement is the tea-partiers that actually stand for what they believe in.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Okay, so why dirty yourself even posting here? Why not just stick to ElitistPlanet? Are you attempting to share your greatness and knowledge?

And after ten iterations of this pointless exercise in disingenuous questions, this exchange will end in some affirmation of Donger's prescribed thought.

Nevertheless, I'm bored, so let's carry on:

1) It's hidden for most of the season, and as such is not heavily trafficked.
2) Major news relative to the Chiefs is rarely posted first there.

dirk digler

In fairness Donger you come off as elitist\know it all when you talk about topics in DC. So you really have no right to bitch.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-17-2010, 03:08 PM
His movement is the tea-partiers that actually stand for what they believe in.

Islamist terrorists stand for what they believe in too. That alone does not justify the philosophy.

Donger
03-17-2010, 03:10 PM
And after ten iterations of this pointless exercise in disingenuous questions, this exchange will end in some affirmation of Donger's prescribed thought.

Nevertheless, I'm bored, so let's carry on:

1) It's hidden for most of the season, and as such is not heavily trafficked.
2) Major news relative to the Chiefs is rarely posted first there.

I think it's pretty common knowledge that you're a prick. Hell, I doubt that you'd even argue that.

1) It's hidden? Really? I wouldn't know that because I don't believe I'm qualified to enter.

2) Okay, but couldn't you post the same news there and discuss it with your counterparts?

Jilly
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vr1ntmQwMXQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vr1ntmQwMXQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

nice :D

Chocolate Hog
Islamist terrorists stand for what they believe in too. That alone does not justify the philosophy.

There is nothing wrong with the philosophy of limited goverment and living within your means.

Donger
03-17-2010, 03:11 PM
In fairness Donger you come off as elitist\know it all when you talk about topics in DC. So you really have no right to bitch.

Oh, I make no claim to not being an elitist.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-17-2010, 03:12 PM
I think it's pretty common knowledge that you're a prick. Hell, I doubt that you'd even argue that.

1) It's hidden? Really? I wouldn't know that because I don't believe I'm qualified to enter.

2) Okay, but couldn't you post the same news there and discuss it with your counterparts?

1) Sarcasm FAIL
2) Could one physically do it? Yes. Why wouldn't one do it? The question has already been answered.

philfree

You refer to that like it's some kind of weapon. It was never even really funny but the post itself tells anyone everything thing they need to know about you. Of course you can make all kinds of evaluations watching a game on video but if someone else sees something as simple as intensity in a person during an interview it's totally different. :rolleyes:

You're a joke and you don't even know it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
There is nothing wrong with the philosophy of limited goverment and living within your means.

No one said there was.

However, I don't believe that's the entire encapsulation of that ideology.

Donger
03-17-2010, 03:13 PM
1) Sarcasm FAIL
2) Could one physically do it? Yes. Why wouldn't one do it? The question has already been answered.

Answered where?

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-17-2010, 03:15 PM
You refer to that like it's some kind of weapon. It was never even really funny but the post itself tells anyone everything thing they need to know about you. Of course you can make all kinds of evaluations watching a game on video but if someone else sees something as simple as intensity in a person during an interview it's totally different. :rolleyes:

You're a joke and you don't even know it.

Hell, you've admitted its funny.

Most importantly, saying that you can gauge the intensity in someone's eyes from a YouTube clip, and using that as a reason why we should draft them (in a devalued position) with a top 3 pick, is going to get you criticism.

I'm not sorry and I'm not going to apologize for clearly hurting your feelings, because truth is, I don't fucking care.

Chocolate Hog
03-17-2010, 03:15 PM
No one said there was.

However, I don't believe that's the entire encapsulation of that ideology.

You aren't one of those people who think it's all about conspracies and racism are you?

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-17-2010, 03:16 PM
Answered where?

In a post you just quoted on this very page.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-17-2010, 03:16 PM
You aren't one of those people who think it's all about conspracies and racism are you?

No.

Frazod
03-17-2010, 03:17 PM
Oh, I make no claim to not being an elitist.

Apparently he doesn't like other elitists. :D

Donger
03-17-2010, 03:18 PM
In a post you just quoted on this very page.

The sports bar comment? If so, you are basically saying that you are slumming when you grace the rest of us with your presence and knowledge. Is that right?

FAX
And a tray of brownies to the man for his limericks and passive aggressive bullshit.

Sorry, dude. My apologiies.

Two cookies?

FAX

Mr. Laz
elitist cat fight!!! PBJ

philfree
it's been posted several times that us general people just don't understand the draft the way the "serious draft people" do.

What's amazing is how the serious draft people can watch all the games they do and rank all the players accordingly and their rankings are almost identical to ones I find on the internet. They're so smart:)

Chocolate Hog
Theres some tension up in here.

Donger
03-17-2010, 03:19 PM

Not ones who won't acknowledge it, no. Not at all.

FAX
03-17-2010, 03:20 PM
Theres some tension up in here.

ROFL

Yep. It seems as though Mr. 'Hamas' Jenkins is harboring ill will and wants us all to know about it.

FAX

'Hamas' Jenkins
The sports bar comment? If so, you are basically saying that you are slumming when you grace the rest of us with your presence and knowledge. Is that right?

No, that's not right.

Would I say that I'm slumming when I grace you with my presence?

Then yes, I would say that.

ChiTown
So, are we getting rid of DraftPanet or what.............

Chocolate Hog
03-17-2010, 03:21 PM
ROFL

Yep. It seems as though Mr. 'Hamas' Jenkins is harboring ill will and wants us all to know about it.

FAX

Green beer will do that.

Donger
03-17-2010, 03:21 PM
No, that's not right.

Would I say that I'm slumming when I grace you with my presence?

Then yes, I would say that.

Why? Because you know more about football than I?

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-17-2010, 03:23 PM
Not ones who won't acknowledge it, no. Not at all.

That's because you are incorrectly conflating elitist with knowledgeable, which most likely has to do with your own political predilections, which were largely fueled by making critical thinking and intelligence a pejorative.

It's not surprising it would manifest itself here, either.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-17-2010, 03:23 PM
Why? Because you know more about football than I?

Keep digging.

Mr. Laz
03-17-2010, 03:24 PM
What's amazing is how the serious draft people can watch all the games they do and rank all the players accordingly and their rankings are almost identical to ones I find on the internet. They're so smart:)

ROFL

most are just blowing smoke

mecca gets snorkled by Walter's every night because he thinks he can absorb football knowledge via his semen.

Donger
03-17-2010, 03:25 PM
That's because you are incorrectly conflating elitist with knowledgeable, which most likely has to do with your own political predilections, which were largely fueled by making critical thinking and intelligence a pejorative.

It's not surprising it would manifest itself here, either.

That's nice. So, where would you rank your football knowledge compared to the masses here?

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-17-2010, 03:26 PM

<del>Which is why there are never threads disagreeing with player evaluations as espoused by Kiper, McShay, Walter, Scott Wright, etc. anywhere on Draft Planet</del>

Donger
03-17-2010, 03:26 PM
Keep digging.

What? Why should I feel graced by your presence? Are you suggesting that it is because of some reason other than your vastly superior football knowledge?

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-17-2010, 03:27 PM
That's nice. So, where would you rank your football knowledge compared to the masses here?

Somewhere between first and last.

Mr. Laz
So, are we getting rid of DraftPanet or what............. :D
:Poke: :PPL: %(/ :spank:Stooges :facepalm: o:-):evil:

:LOL:

'Hamas' Jenkins
What? Why should I feel graced by your presence? Are you suggesting that it is because of some reason other than your vastly superior football knowledge?

Maybe.

Frazod
elitist cat fight!!! PBJ

My money's on Hamas. Sorry, Donger.

Donger
03-17-2010, 03:30 PM
Somewhere between first and last.

Well, you certainly wouldn't lump yourself in with these people, right?

"The fact of the matter is that most people on here are either ball watchers, ball washers, or a combination thereof."

Donger
03-17-2010, 03:30 PM
Maybe.

Okay, would you care to expand?

philfree
03-17-2010, 03:31 PM
Hell, you've admitted its funny.

Most importantly, saying that you can gauge the intensity in someone's eyes from a YouTube clip, and using that as a reason why we should draft them (in a devalued position) with a top 3 pick, is going to get you criticism.

I'm not sorry and I'm not going to apologize for clearly hurting your feelings, because truth is, I don't ****ing care.

Meh ...I argued the Curry side because alot of people said LBs with his skill set just don't get drafted top five regardless of the players in that draft. Well it turned out that he was drafted top five so I guess I was right. I'm not as smart as others around here though. And yeah I posted that clip over and over again as the base for my argument.....Oh wait. I would never need a apology from a person like you. I am smart enough to know that there would be no value found in that.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-17-2010, 03:31 PM
PSA:

Donger's questions are the plastic spinners on his Chevy Cavalier.

They are added for adornment. To create the illusion of genuine inquiry which is never really there.

In reality, they are 20 dollar pieces of snap on plastic (a petroleum product of course) that does nothing to change the visage of what they clip on to.

I enjoy watching you ask these questions, because it's like seeing someone beat off to their own philosophy. You never actually consider changing your mind, you just ask them as a way to get yourself off.

It's like your own belt and shower stall.

However, for your own safety, get a spotter. Perhaps E Norma Stitz could help you.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-17-2010, 03:32 PM
Okay, would you care to expand?

Where's the fun in that?

FAX
03-17-2010, 03:32 PM
... This isn't a football version of Heathers, as the oh-so-persecuted Laz might want others to believe.

Nope. It's quickly becoming a football board patterned after the egoistic ire and paroxysmic tantrums you prefer to display in lieu of intelligent, mature conversation.

Mr. htismaqe (honored poster, friend, and person after whom you seem to wish to pattern yourself), had the good sense to actually leave the Planet because he realized that his increasing lack of patience with less informed posters wasn't doing either his temperament or the board any favors.

The sad truth (regardless of how you would like to paint it) is that you are what people used to call a boor. I now take it upon myself to inform you that the only person you impress with your churlishness and megalomania is yourself. Frankly, to compare yourself to Mr. htismaqe is an insult to a great, long-time poster and the entire internet.

FAX

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-17-2010, 03:33 PM
Meh ...I argued the Curry side because alot of people said LBs with his skill set just don't get drafted top five regardless of the players in that draft. Well it turned out that he was drafted top five so I guess I was right. I'm not as smart as others around here though. And yeah I posted that clip over and over again as the base for my argument.....Oh wait. I would never need a apology from a person like you. I am smart enough to know that there would be no value found in that.

And how would you respond to the fact that there were numerous other rookie linebackers who outplayed him?

OnTheWarpath58
03-17-2010, 03:34 PM

Christ, you don't even have the story straight.

His skill set in a 3-4 DEFENSE doesn't get drafted in the Top 5.

He's an ILB in a 34. He's an OLB in a 43.

HUGE difference in value.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-17-2010, 03:35 PM
Nope. It's quickly becoming a football board patterned after the egoistic ire and paroxysmic tantrums you prefer to display in lieu of intelligent, mature conversation.

Mr. htismaqe (honored poster, friend, and person after whom you seem to wish to pattern yourself), had the good sense to actually leave the Planet because he realized that his increasing lack of patience with less informed posters wasn't doing either his temperament or the board any favors.

The sad truth (regardless of how you would like to paint it) is that you are what people used to call a boor. I now take it upon myself to inform you that the only person you impress with your churlishness and megalomania is yourself. Frankly, to compare yourself to Mr. htismaqe is an insult to a great, long-time poster and the entire internet.

FAX

I never compared myself to maqe, FAX. I used him as an example of someone who could help others learn.

Did I learn? Yes. Do I help others learn? Meh, not so much.

I never put myself in the role of a teacher. Rather, I'm a soapbox ranter, and I enjoy that role.

I suggest that you go back to square 1 for help in reading comprehension.

Donger
03-17-2010, 03:35 PM
Where's the fun in that?

Your very presence is fun.