PDA

View Full Version : KU *** KU vs Lehigh 1st Rd NCAA Game 03/18/10 ***

Pages : [1] 2

ROYC75
03-17-2010, 05:53 PM
March 18, 8:40 p.m. KU vs. Lehigh Men's Basketball, Ford Center

o TV: CBS (Sunflower Broadband channel 5, 13, 201, 213 HD)
o Schedules: KU | Lehigh
o Rosters: KU | Lehigh
o Stats: KU | Lehigh
o Series record: First meeting
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Time to kick some butt along the way and win the next 6 games.

:KU: :KU: :KU: :KU: :KU: :KU: :KU: :KU: :KU: :KU: :KU: :KU:

Pablo
03-17-2010, 05:56 PM
ROCK CHALK BABY!

LET'S SMASH THE SHIT OUTTA THE LEHIGH WHATTHEFUCKEVERTHEY'RECALLED!

PHOG
03-17-2010, 06:13 PM
Chalk it up ,men!

Reerun_KC
03-17-2010, 07:00 PM
Hoping to be home in time for the game. Leaving Wiley Post at 3pm for Phoenix.. Its a quick turn so hopefully.

Wanted to take the whole family to the game, but cant pass up money from Jet trips.

milkman
03-17-2010, 07:08 PM
Why do you people let Roy get away with starting game threads a day in advance?

Mr. Laz
03-17-2010, 07:08 PM
Lehigh is #10th in the country in 3-pt precentage other than that we shouldn't have much problem.

their tall guy doesn't play much so they run with 6'8" guys down low

Let Aldrich and our other big men defend without the double down so that our guards can stay out and defend the 3-pt line.

Reerun_KC
03-17-2010, 07:13 PM

Just to piss you off....;)

BWillie
03-17-2010, 07:20 PM
I got the next four days off. Prepare for 1,000 posts of bullsh*t and alot of discussion about college basketball!

ArrowheadHawk
03-17-2010, 07:41 PM
Lets get the party started. 6 wins left to reach the goal.

BWillie
03-17-2010, 07:46 PM
I guess this Mccallum guy is the next Steph Curry. Only a freshman, putting up 20 ppg a game, grew about 5 inches since his jr year of high school.

KC_Connection
03-17-2010, 08:09 PM
Speaking of Curry, his rookie season has impressed me in the NBA. I never figured he would be this good.

ROYC75
03-17-2010, 08:14 PM

Cry much?

Why ? Some of us like to discuss the game before tipoff .

Why ? Some on here think the mojo is right for me to do it as I did in 2008. Worked well then! Some of the younger Jayhawk fans believe in this, why break up a good thing .

Why ? Maybe out or respect since I'm almost the oldest Jayhawk on the BB, I said almost since Skip is gone, there are a few who are older!

Why ? Maybe to piss off a few of the ones it pisses off .

Why ? __________________________ ( Fill in the blanks, we don't want to leave any of the crybabies out. )

milkman
03-17-2010, 08:24 PM
Cry much?

Why ? Some of us like to discuss the game before tipoff .

Why ? Some on here think the mojo is right for me to do it as I did in 2008. Worked well then! Some of the younger Jayhawk fans believe in this, why break up a good thing .

Why ? Maybe out or respect since I'm almost the oldest Jayhawk on the BB, I said almost since Skip is gone, there are a few who are older!

Why ? Maybe to piss off a few of the ones it pisses off .

Why ? __________________________ ( Fill in the blanks, we don't want to leave any of the crybabies out. )

At the end of the day, I don't really care.

I was just curious since so many get their panties in a bind whenever a game thread for the Chiefs is started before the day of the game.

But props for the bleeding vag.

ROYC75
03-17-2010, 08:28 PM
At the end of the day, I don't really care.

I was just curious since so many get their panties in a bind whenever a game thread for the Chiefs is started before the day of the game.

But props for the bleeding vag.

Don't bleed, dried up, sewed up and stretched out to make it look like a , well, you get the idea.

Thanks for playing.

ROYC75
03-17-2010, 10:17 PM
Tomorrow can't get here fast enough. I do not expect to see a game that is close, but I wanted the tournament started Monday.

Lzen
03-17-2010, 10:19 PM
Tomorrow can't get here fast enough.

I have been saying that all week.

Ari Chi3fs
03-18-2010, 12:23 AM
Lehigh Highlights

<div><object width="512" height="322"><param name="movie" value="http://d.yimg.com/static.video.yahoo.com/yep/YV_YEP.swf?ver=2.2.46" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="AllowScriptAccess" VALUE="always" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><param name="flashVars" value="id=18621325&vid=7151961&lang=en-us&intl=us&thumbUrl=http%3A//l.yimg.com/a/p/i/bcst/videosearch/13829/103999613.jpeg&embed=1" /><embed src="http://d.yimg.com/static.video.yahoo.com/yep/YV_YEP.swf?ver=2.2.46" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="322" allowFullScreen="true" AllowScriptAccess="always" bgcolor="#000000" flashVars="id=18621325&vid=7151961&lang=en-us&intl=us&thumbUrl=http%3A//l.yimg.com/a/p/i/bcst/videosearch/13829/103999613.jpeg&embed=1" ></embed></object><br /><a href="http://video.yahoo.com/watch/7151961/18621325">Lehigh Men's Basketball - Selection Show Special, Mar. 14, 2010</a> @ <a href="http://video.yahoo.com" >Yahoo! Video</a></div>

DJay23
03-18-2010, 07:43 AM
Lehigh is #10th in the country in 3-pt precentage other than that we shouldn't have much problem.

While this is true, they only get a small percentage of their ppg from 3's. Similar to KU (minus the Texas A&M game).

Lzen
03-18-2010, 09:46 AM
http://www2.kusports.com/videos/2010/mar/17/29550/

Lzen
03-18-2010, 09:49 AM
I'll be so glad when KU dispatches this team. I'm sick of hearing about the similarities to Bucknell. The only thing is that this KU team is in no way similar to that KU team.

http://www2.kusports.com/videos/2010/mar/17/29557/

DJay23
03-18-2010, 10:10 AM
I'll be so glad when KU dispatches this team. I'm sick of hearing about the similarities to Bucknell. The only thing is that this KU team is in no way similar to that KU team.

http://www2.kusports.com/videos/2010/mar/17/29557/

I love all of the chicken littles picking KU to lose because of superstition.

Good luck to them on their brackets, I say.

Pants
03-18-2010, 10:19 AM
Gah! I want it to be 8:00pm RIGHT NOW! Best time of the year.

DJay23
03-18-2010, 10:32 AM
Gah! I want it to be 8:00pm RIGHT NOW! Best time of the year.

Hell, I'll be good come noon.

Let's tip it off!!!!

boogblaster
03-18-2010, 10:43 AM
Hawks by 12 .. print it Dono ...

Pants
03-18-2010, 10:56 AM
Hell, I'll be good come noon.

Let's tip it off!!!!

I'm at work till 5:30 today. Off tomorrow! WEWT!

Mr. Laz
03-18-2010, 11:02 AM
While this is true, they only get a small percentage of their ppg from 3's. Similar to KU (minus the Texas A&M game).
agreed, but it still lends itself to the potential to cause problems.

if they can keep that 3-pt % up while they take more shots beyond the arc then they can stay in the game.

Mr. Plow
03-18-2010, 11:08 AM
May not belong in this thread, but enjoy......

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ek-SR0BSXIA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ek-SR0BSXIA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

SNR
03-18-2010, 11:08 AM

http://www2.kusports.com/videos/2010/mar/17/29557/Isn't it incredible? KU loses to Bucknell and then dispells the myth that they always lose to easy teams by WINNING A GODDAMN NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

It was the same shit with North Dakota State last year. Bucknell was YEARS ago.

DJay23
03-18-2010, 12:02 PM
Isn't it incredible? KU loses to Bucknell and then dispells the myth that they always lose to easy teams by WINNING A GODDAMN NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

That big loss to the St. Louis YMCA in 1909 doesn't bode well for us if we make it there next weekend!

ArrowheadHawk
03-18-2010, 12:05 PM
Sherron would never let the Hawks go out in round one.

ROYC75
03-18-2010, 12:16 PM
That big loss to the St. Louis YMCA in 1909 doesn't bode well for us if we make it there next weekend!

Oh No you didn't, Hush You ! Why give the haters more fuel ?

Bearcat
03-18-2010, 12:40 PM
Isn't it incredible? KU loses to Bucknell and then dispells the myth that they always lose to easy teams by WINNING A GODDAMN NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

Haters will hate... if Kansas never lost, I wouldn't ever receive texts from some people. Bradley also beat Pitt the next year and made it to the SS, but no one dared to give them any credit.

If Davidson made the 3 pointer at the end, Kansas would have been labeled chokers (even though it would have meant Davidson beat the top 3 seeds in the region), and Memphis probably goes on to win the NC and not get labeled chokers.

Whatever makes people feel better about themselves and/or their own team, I guess...

TrickyNicky
03-18-2010, 01:08 PM
May not belong in this thread, but enjoy......

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ek-SR0BSXIA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ek-SR0BSXIA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

They managed to squeeze in at least 2 seconds of screen time for Kleinman, the Human Victory Cigar.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-18-2010, 03:23 PM
I can't believe people actually think we might lose this game. Odd.

Pants
03-18-2010, 03:30 PM

I'm not saying we will lose, but anything is possible and stranger things have happened. I give us a solid 92% chance of winning.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-18-2010, 03:31 PM
I'm not saying we will lose, but anything is possible and stranger things have happened. I give us a solid 92% chance of winning.

Stranger things have happened, yes, but none stranger than a 1 seed losing to a 16 seed. It would indeed suck to be the first lol.

Pants
03-18-2010, 03:35 PM
Stranger things have happened, yes, but none stranger than a 1 seed losing to a 16 seed. It would indeed suck to be the first lol.

It would suck horribly PERIOD

Reerun_KC
03-18-2010, 03:35 PM

If it did, I can promise you that MU would hang a banner and KSU would make a 3-4 Disk DVD set....

But it wont so no need to get MU and KSU fans hopes up...

Chiefs Pantalones
03-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Michigan State was embarrassed a couple years ago when the 16th seeded Murray State took them into OT.

Lzen
03-18-2010, 04:25 PM
[/URL]BY J. BRADY MCCOLLOUGH The Wichita Eagle

Several times this season, Sherron Collins has had to tell the Kansas Jayhawks what they didn't want to hear.
They were winning lots of games, but Collins didn't like the way they were winning. Teams who couldn't sniff their talent level were hanging around for too long in games played at Allen Fieldhouse. They just couldn't put it all together for some reason. Collins became fond of saying the Jayhawks didn't have a killer instinct, which felt personal, because everything about this KU team feels personal to Collins.
During a couple of film sessions along the way, Collins, Kansas' lone senior, would speak up.
"Hey," Collins would say, "just listen to Coach. He knows what he's doing, and we're gonna get better."
KU staff members could only nod their heads, take note of what just happened and thank Collins for making their jobs way easier.
"That's been big," says Brett Ballard, KU director of basketball operations. "Players don't often do that, put themselves out there in front of their teammates. As soon as you do that, you're opening yourself up to getting killed in the locker room for siding with the coach. That means a lot to a coach when your best player believes in what you're doing."
Collins believes because he has experienced how Bill Self's way can work for him. Since Collins openly trusts Self and the Jayhawks trust Collins, they can more easily trust Self, too. It is a trickle-down effect that helps to explain why Collins, despite his scoring average decreasing from 18.9 last season to 15.6 this season, was named All-American by the U.S. Basketball Writers Association on Monday.
There is a unique brand of charisma living in Collins that fans can only see in those very public moments when he gets pumped up, galvanizes the Jayhawks to get pumped up with him and then punishes an opponent with a back-breaking run. But on the inside, the KU family feels Collins' gravitational pull every day.
"He can change the weather with his attitude," says Barry Hinson, the program's director of external affairs. "It's really fun to watch.
"When the weather gets stormy or when the game gets stormy, our guys drift to Sherron. I don't think I've been around a player in all my years of coaching that absolutely not only accepts it but wants the moment of adversity."
At some point, Self told Collins that he had this power, this magnetism.
"Coach always says I can change the mood of a room," Collins says. "I got enough to bring the room up, and I got enough to bring it down.
That's why, in practice, I can't have a bad day. If I'm not feeling good, I still gotta be up and energized and smiling and talking."
Over his four years, Collins has developed the ability to make those around him feel comfortable. It has been a process. He needed to feel comfortable in Lawrence first, and that took some time. But now, before each practice and game, the kid from the West Chicago projects will bring his teammates into the huddle and utter a simple phrase that shows how his outlook on life has changed.
"Let's have a good day," he'll say.
Anthony Longstreet knew Sherron Collins had it in him. As Collins' high school coach at Crane High in Chicago, he'd seen the way five seniors fell in line behind Collins when he was only a freshman.
"When he came in the game, magical things happened," Longstreet says.
"Those guys, they connected, they gravitated. He made it happen, and I knew then, this kid is different."
For Longstreet, Collins' recruiting process wasn't about finding a place where his pupil could star. He wanted Collins in a place that would nurture, nourish and eventually unlock this quality that made him different.
Longstreet chose Self, KU and Lawrence, the quintessential college environment, and told Self everything he would need to know about what was inside Collins, the good and the bad. Longstreet also got in touch with Roger Morningstar, a former KU player whose son, Brady, would be rooming with Collins their freshman year.
Roger heard about the life Collins knew in the Lathrop Homes project, and, while Collins seemed like a well-meaning kid, Roger needed to be convinced.
"You just want to make sure," Roger says.
Roger remembers the first time Collins came over to his house with Brady. The boys walked in, and the family's 65-pound dog, a boxer named Mackie, immediately charged Collins.
"Sherron about freaked," Roger says. "He stops dead in his tracks, runs back into the garage, slams the door and says, 'Hey man, I can't deal with dogs.'."
Apparently, Collins had been bitten by a rottweiler as a child. He had been afraid of dogs ever since. Linda Morningstar, Roger's wife, talked to Collins.
"Well, you're going to have to start dealing with dogs," she said. "We don't tie the dog up. The dog is a part of the family, and this dog doesn't hurt anybody."
Collins wasn't going to give up the chance to hang out and eat Linda's cooking at the Morningstars' house. It was all so new and fun. So for the next week and a half, Linda put Sherron through dog lessons.
Mackie couldn't be the boss; Sherron had to be the boss. Linda showed him the treat jar and made him stand still while Mackie sniffed his hand. When Mackie didn't bite, Sherron petted him. Before long, Sherron was giving orders. Sit, Mackie. Shake, Mackie. Roll over, Mackie.
Roger wasn't convinced about Collins yet, but Linda had already fallen for him.
"It's that motherly thing," Roger says. "She just absolutely loves Sherron."
On campus, it wasn't quite as easy for Self and Co. company to break through. Collins was not planning on being at KU for more than a few years, and he felt he should have been playing more as a freshman. He seemed like a bright kid, but he didn't think academics would be as important as basketball.
But Self had already passed Longstreet's message along to everyone, including Scott Ward, who is in charge of academic advising for the program.
"Coach saw it really early, saw those characteristics," Ward says.
Collins showed what he could do as a basketball player, becoming one of the most explosive players in the Big 12 as a freshman. But he didn't let many people in on a personal level. When Collins was a sophomore and center Cole Aldrich was a freshman, Collins seemed downright unapproachable.
"I was scared of Sherron," Aldrich says. "I was. I would go into the locker room, and he would say something to me, and I was nervous to say something back.... He was just a hard-nosed kid who tried to bully you a little bit."
Collins bullied his way through an injury-ridden sophomore year and was a key part of two of the most memorable plays in KU's national title game victory over Memphis the steal and three-pointer that cut Memphis' lead to four and the pass that gave Mario Chalmers the chance to make the three that forced overtime.
Collins experienced adulation like never before. It came from every direction, and, since he was going to need knee surgery in the offseason, he decided he'd come back for another season.
"There was a turning point leading into his junior year," Ward says, "where he would always say, 'I appreciate your help. I appreciate you.'
"He really had that sensitive side where he does care."
After two years, Collins was on his way to introducing that something extra that Longstreet always knew was there.
"They've engulfed him with nothing but love," Longstreet says. "Not to say he didn't get love here, but it was the missing element in his life that could bring out that attribute."
Junior year, Sherron Collins had no choice but to lead, and his teammates had no choice but to follow. He was the only returning player who had significant experience, and he was glad to bring along the rest of them. He called them his "young fellas."
It was easy to lead when he was being asked to score as much as possible. He put the Jayhawks on his back over and over on the way to the outright Big 12 regular-season title (they didn't even win the thing outright in 2008). Collins' big moment came on the road at Oklahoma, which was favored to win the league. He scored 26 points and nailed a couple NBA-range three-pointers when the Jayhawks had to have them. His teammates started to get it.
"Every time we need something," Hinson says, "he wants to be the answer. If he can't be the answer, he'll make somebody else the answer."
That wasn't so much the case last season as it would be this season.
Collins came back for his senior year because he wanted his mom, Stacey Harris, to attend his senior night, and because he and Aldrich the goofy kid from Minnesota who was once scared of him had become close. If Aldrich was staying put, so was Collins.
"When you got an All-American 7-footer that can go and be a lottery pick," Collins says, "me coming back wouldn't be a wrong decision."
The Jayhawks returned their entire roster and added top NBA wing prospect Xavier Henry, the one piece they'd been missing. In the preseason, Self was hounded with questions. How could he find enough touches for everyone on the No. 1 team in the country? Self never seemed as worried because he knew he had Collins on his side. During the first two months of the season, Collins had one 20-point game, letting Henry and emerging sophomore Marcus Morris get their bearings.
"A guy like Xavier respects the fact that if Sherron wanted to, he could average 25 a game, if that's the style we wanted to play," Ballard says. "Everybody respects the fact that Sherron wants to win more than everybody else. How can you not follow a guy like that?"
Collins exploded for 33 and 28 points in wins over Cornell and Baylor when the rest of the team was struggling. But, for most of Big 12 play, Collins' outside shot was off, so he had to look out for others.
"Sherron's very aware of what's going on around him," Ballard says. "He's got an ability. He's able to read people. He knows when they're up or down. At times, in a huddle, he'll suggest a play to get a guy a shot, like, 'Hey, Xavier hasn't gotten a shot in a while. Let's do this.' "
Collins rarely stops looking out. He has various methods of keeping everyone happy. With his teammates, Collins will initiate horseplay and joking in the locker room. With his coaches and advisors, he'll ask them how they're doing instead of waiting for them to ask him like he would have three years ago.
"He's always worried about you," Hinson says.
How far has Collins come? Roger Morningstar is now convinced, and it is easy for him to see why his son and the rest of the Jayhawks march to Collins' drumbeat.
"Sherron became a believer," Roger says. "When you really believe and you're passionate about something and emotional about it, it's real easy to convey that. People can read feelings, and I think the way Sherron leads is from the heart a lot of times. It's the real thing."
You can't beat the real thing. That slogan has sold a lot of soft drinks, and Sherron Collins can only hope it'll ring true for him during his final NCAA Tournament.
"If we don't make the Final Four, it'd be devastating," Collins says.
"I think we should be there. I was a big part of the 2008 national championship team, but it's even bigger now. It'll mean more."
A lot of people are rooting for Collins, of course. He has already won more games in a Kansas uniform than any other Jayhawk, and he could become one of a handful of KU players to play significant minutes on two national championship teams.
But to the people who have nudged Collins along to this point, his gang of loyal supporters, another NCAA title would only be gravy. The meat and potatoes of Collins' story could be seen on senior night at Allen Fieldhouse, when the young man held 16,000 people captive with his presence and made them feel something.
"Put it this way," Longstreet says, "if you had been around Sherron sophomore year of high school and left the country and then came back to senior night, knowing what you knew about him when he was a sophomore in high school, you would have thought it was somebody else."
Collins' speech had Brady Morningstar, who never cries, according to Roger, bawling on the fieldhouse floor. It had Ward feeling a sense of pride when Collins gushed to Self that everything he had promised had come true.
That promise belonged to Self and Longstreet. After Collins' speech, Longstreet found him in a hallway, and the old friends embraced.
"This is the vision that I had for you, Sherron," Longstreet told him.
"Even when you didn't see it, this is the vision I had for you."

[url]http://www.kansas.com/2010/03/18/1230264/collins-reaches-others-promise.html (http://www.kansas.com/2010/03/18/1230264/collins-reaches-others-promise.html#Comments_Container)

BWillie
03-18-2010, 04:48 PM

99.98%

Pants
03-18-2010, 04:51 PM
:crybaby:

EDIT: this is in reply to the article.

Mr. Laz
03-18-2010, 05:52 PM
we might ......... anything is possible.

i seriously doubt it but hey 1 out of 1000 is still "might"

i sure hope the KU players think they MIGHT lose this game

Bearcat
03-18-2010, 06:09 PM
After seeing the updates from the early games, I don't even want it to be close. I was driving home from Florida without a care in the world when they played #16 Holy Cross, and ended up listening to the end of it, fearing they would be the first... and that was a Final Four team.

Mr. Laz
03-18-2010, 08:59 PM
gentlemen start your engines

vrrrrooooom!!!!

Lzen
03-18-2010, 08:59 PM
It's game time, boys.

Lzen
03-18-2010, 09:02 PM
Kinda sloppy to start.

Mr. Laz
03-18-2010, 09:03 PM
sloppy
sloppy
sloppy

Lzen
03-18-2010, 09:04 PM
Damn CBS!

petegz28
03-18-2010, 09:04 PM
CBS is so good at cutting away to another game when it goes to commerical

petegz28
03-18-2010, 09:05 PM
WTF don't they just show the end of the game in a replay?

Guru
03-18-2010, 09:06 PM
It's the Big Easy

Lzen
03-18-2010, 09:06 PM
Team is sloppy. WTF?

Guru
03-18-2010, 09:07 PM
Team is sloppy. WTF?I blame Lzen.

Lzen
03-18-2010, 09:08 PM
I blame Lzen.

Yeah, that son of a ....... wait. Not following you.

petegz28
03-18-2010, 09:08 PM
Team is sloppy. WTF?

The last few KU games it seems they walk on the court thinking the other team is going to roll over. Then Self finally chews their ass enough to get their heads back in the game.

Guru
03-18-2010, 09:09 PM
Yeah, that son of a ....... wait. Not following you.You just did follow me though.

Mr. Laz
Self going with some press to try and wake his team up

DeezNutz
Team is sloppy. WTF?

Self.

He needs to do a better job with his program.

BillSelfsTrophycase
Damn sloppy as hell

Mr. Laz
03-18-2010, 09:10 PM
42 on Lehigh is cherry picking

Lzen
The last few KU games it seems they walk on the court thinking the other team is going to roll over. Then Self finally chews their ass enough to get their heads back in the game.

Yes, I know. I don't like it, though.:(

BWillie
Self going with some press to try and wake his team up

I hope he does it all game.

petegz28
03-18-2010, 09:11 PM
Self.

He needs to do a better job with his program.

LMAO..shades of Quinn

Lzen
03-18-2010, 09:11 PM
We gonna get called for a foul every possession now?

luv
03-18-2010, 09:12 PM
What. The. Fuck.

Mr. Laz
03-18-2010, 09:12 PM
Morningstar breathed on the guys neck for the foul

:shake:

BillSelfsTrophycase
03-18-2010, 09:13 PM
Bill's face turning red

petegz28
Dude, Aldrich is getting worked!

Mr. Laz
Self about to have a brain aneurysm

banyon
Great start guys! :facepalm:

chiefsfan987
03-18-2010, 09:14 PM
Good lord. This team needs to wake up and fast. Its not like its a good come from behind team anyways.

Mr. Laz
Dude, Aldrich is getting worked!
you know the NCAA tourney thread is here: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=225089

Lzen
We will get it going. But I'm really getting tired of these starts.

petegz28
Great start guys! :facepalm:

Morningstar will bust a few 3's and they will get back into it. I hate KU but I have no doubts that they walk away with this game.

Guru
This team never thinks they need to play until the second half. I'm getting sick of this shit.

petegz28
03-18-2010, 09:15 PM
you know the NCAA tourney thread is here: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=225089

But I want to be with my beaker homies!!! :D

Bearcat
03-18-2010, 09:15 PM
I'm not one to play the "it's not them/we beat ourselves" card, but damn...
Posted via Mobile Device

Lzen
03-18-2010, 09:16 PM
Morningstar will bust a few 3's and they will get back into it. I hate KU but I have no doubts that they walk away with this game.

Well, they look like they're in a funk right now. Can't allow this team to gain confidence. I would much rather see them take it to them from the start. Collins needs to drive it every possession right now.

petegz28
I'm not one to play the "it's not them/we beat ourselves" card, but damn...
Posted via Mobile Device

Lehigh missed a couple close up shots or it could be a little worse. Once someone from KU busts a 3 or makes a good shot they will get their groove on.

BWillie
Lehigh is playing good defense though so far.

BillSelfsTrophycase
03-18-2010, 09:17 PM
lucky there

petegz28
03-18-2010, 09:17 PM
See, block by Aldrich, 3 by Morris and KU is going to make their run now.

Guru
03-18-2010, 09:18 PM
I hate those damn tie ups.

Mr. Laz
quick tie-up call

Lzen
They look to be picking up the intensity. Hopefully, they will maintain that.

BWillie
There we go, I like the pressure defensively there. Do not let up that pressure. Lehigh doesn't have the same horses on the bench as we do.

Guru
nother block

luv
Better.

Mr. Laz
03-18-2010, 09:19 PM
TT with the steal and the bucket :clap:

aldrich with the defensive energy

Ari Chi3fs
Jebus Cristos
Posted via Mobile Device

Guru
THERE WE GO!!!!

Mr. Laz
aldrich "and 1"

waking up

Guru
Bury them NOW!

BWillie
Better.

Aren't you a Missouri fan?

petegz28
03-18-2010, 09:20 PM
Told you. It was just a matter of time before KU took this game over.

BWillie

You should be a TV analyst. Wow :clap:

:):):)

Braincase
I'm breathing a little easier. Let's go 'hawks. A 20-0 run would be nice.

Guru
TX needs to wake up now.

Mr. Laz
03-18-2010, 09:21 PM
i think most fans are cheering for all the big 12 teams in the 1st round.

KCUnited
Is that 2 on big boy?

luv

I may be a MU fan, but I'm not stupid. I've got money on KU winning it all.

Guru
i think most fans are cheering for all the big 12 teams in the 1st round.yep

petegz28
You should be a TV analyst. Wow :clap:

:):):)

2 minutes ago you guys were crying....

Lzen
03-18-2010, 09:22 PM
TX needs to wake up now.

Not likely. They have been asleep for the last half of this season.

petegz28

OF course. Though if KU manged to lose this one I would have a field day with you guys. But it won't happen.

Mr. Laz
yepwe will turn on each other soon enough but until then it's "Gooo Big 12!!"

:D

BillSelfsTrophycase
03-18-2010, 09:23 PM
Cole

Mr. Laz
03-18-2010, 09:24 PM
MM with back-to-back buckets

:clap:

up by 4

BillSelfsTrophycase
12-0 run

BWillie

I want Missouri to get beat by 50 are you kidding me? The rest, well yeah.

Earthbound
There is no chance the refs would let KU lose even if Lehigh played the best game ever

ArrowheadHawk
12-0 run. They done woke up.
Posted via Mobile Device

Guru
12-0 run

Braincase
03-18-2010, 09:25 PM
12-0 run... ask and ye shall receive...

Lzen
2 minutes ago you guys were crying....

Well, yeah. It is frustrating to know that your team is the most talented and deep team in the NCAA yet they don't play had all the time. If they come out every game with high intensity, nobody can beat them.

Mr. Laz
There is no chance the refs would let KU lose even if Lehigh played the best game evergo to hell, MUron.

Ari Chi3fs
Twelve-oh run makes baby jesus happy
Posted via Mobile Device

swayy07
03-18-2010, 09:26 PM
we will turn on each other soon enough but until then it's "Gooo Big 12!!"

this:clap:

BillSelfsTrophycase
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

Mr. Laz
TT with another good play to setup X for the 3

Guru
15-0

Braincase
X!

banyon
Man that guy posterized Thomas Robinson. LOL

Lzen
03-18-2010, 09:27 PM
OF course. Though if KU manged to lose this one I would have a field day with you guys. But it won't happen.

Of course you would. We expect nothing less of you.

Mr. Laz
03-18-2010, 09:27 PM
i wish the guys wouldn't ignore Thomas Robinson down low ... he's got some moves.

Bearcat
03-18-2010, 09:28 PM

It was pretty obvious, Lehigh wasn't doing anything special or playing all that well... not even a miracle 3, no A+++++ game...
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz
03-18-2010, 09:29 PM
They modified the guard weave and Collins went inside instead of over the top.

BWillie
03-18-2010, 09:30 PM
we will turn on each other soon enough but until then it's "Gooo Big 12!!"

So you honestly want Clemson to beat the Slavers!?!?!

Lzen
03-18-2010, 09:30 PM
They modified the guard weave and Collins went inside instead of over the top.

Danny Manning must have called that play. No way Self is that smart. :D

Mr. Laz
03-18-2010, 09:31 PM
Danny Manning must have called that play. No way Self is that smart. :D
:cuss:

you made me spit beer all over my cat!!!

ROFL ROFL

Guru
03-18-2010, 09:32 PM
TX getting back into it.

Mr. Laz
03-18-2010, 09:33 PM
another nice play and dish by TT

Taylor came to play :)

Lzen
03-18-2010, 09:34 PM
:cuss:

you made me spit beer all over my cat!!!

ROFL ROFL

Awesome. ROFL

BillSelfsTrophycase
03-18-2010, 09:35 PM
This shit a'int gonna fly against better competition

Mr. Laz
Morningstar missed his first shot :(

swayy07
now KU is startin to look like a 1 seed

BWillie
03-18-2010, 09:37 PM
They are really calling this like a ACC game. Really tight, and like little girls. This is ridiculous.

Mr. Laz
refs are calling it tight

banyon
Self definitely got their attention with that timeout a few minutes back. They've looked like a totally different team since.

He's really good at getting maximum impact with his mid-game TO's.

Fritz88
03-18-2010, 09:38 PM
:P

BWillie
03-18-2010, 09:39 PM
Robinson might be a worse free throw shooter than Kenny Gregory........

Braincase
03-18-2010, 09:39 PM
Bad fingerroll by Morningstar. He better find something if he's going to keep shooting.

Mr. Laz
03-18-2010, 09:40 PM
carrington is kicking our ass

swayy07
03-18-2010, 09:40 PM
They are really calling this like a ACC game. Really tight, and like little girls. This is ridiculous.

so are you saying that KU gets away with alot of calls?

BWillie
03-18-2010, 09:41 PM
so are you saying that KU gets away with alot of calls?

No I'm saying they are calling it tight on both sides. Let the boys play. This isn't women's basketball.

BWillie
Bad fingerroll by Morningstar. He better find something if he's going to keep shooting.

Brady has returned to his 2009 NCAA tournament form so far :(

baitism

So KU isn't getting their normal calls they do in Big 12 play I assume.

Lzen
03-18-2010, 09:44 PM
FT shooting is terrible. The Morris's and Robinson are killing us.

Mr. Laz
03-18-2010, 09:44 PM
we've missed alot of free throws so far

BillSelfsTrophycase
03-18-2010, 09:45 PM
Wake up morons

BWillie
03-18-2010, 09:45 PM
So KU isn't getting their normal calls they do in Big 12 play I assume.

:deevee:

You must be a fan of a team who sucks. Sucks to be you.

Buehler445
03-18-2010, 09:46 PM
I texted that to my buddy to which he responded, "He probably sucks all other times".

I LOLed.

baitism
:deevee:

You must be a fan of a team who sucks. Sucks to be you.

I am not the one who will be crying later. Teams with huge home court advantages often struggle in the tourney. It's a known fact.

SNR
So KU isn't getting their normal calls they do in Big 12 play I assume.Yeah. Same goes for the other Big XII teams that KU plays

Lzen
03-18-2010, 09:47 PM
Wow, Texas really woke up. They now lead by 6.

Bearcat
Okay, this is becoming 1st-half-in-Lincoln unacceptable... Lehigh is doing nothing special and shouldn't be in this game.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buehler445
God we suck shit. We better pick it the fuck up or we're out by the first weekend.

Lzen
03-18-2010, 09:48 PM
I am not the one who will be crying later. Teams with huge home court advantages often struggle in the tourney. It's a known fact.

If you are talking about KU, then you are dumb. KU gets a lot of calls on the road, too. That's what good teams do.

Fritz88
wtf is going on

BWillie

Fact. KU has the most road wins this year against Top 25 RPI teams, just about doubling the next best team. You are an idiot.

baitism
If you are talking about KU, then you are dumb. KU gets a lot of calls on the road, too. That's what good teams do.

In the Big 12....

BillSelfsTrophycase
03-18-2010, 09:49 PM
Good God

BWillie
Robinson better learn how to defend the post. He's the worst post defender we have.

Lzen
Good Lord, get Robinson the fuck out of there.

banyon
03-18-2010, 09:50 PM
Double the dude.

This is feeling so Bucknell so far. Ack.

SNR
Robinson is playing like garbage. I hope Cole keeps the fouls down so we don't have to see much of him in the next half apart from the last 5 minutes.

BillSelfsTrophycase
Collins needs to take over

BWillie
03-18-2010, 09:51 PM
In the Big 12....

They won the best conference in America by four f*cking games. I'm sure the refs had everything to do with that, right?

Buehler445
Nice little run to finish the half.

baitism
Double the dude.

Nah, KU will win. It is more like Oral Roberts a few years back.

Lzen
In the Big 12....

I'm pretty certain that KU did it in non con games, too. But then, I wouldn't expect you to acknowledge that. Dumb ass. Besides, WTF difference does it make if its in conference? The Big 12 was the best conference in the nation this season.

BWillie
03-18-2010, 09:52 PM
Double the dude.

I'd like to see KU full court trap them, and use EJ for some minutes. Lehigh is not deep, and outside of a few players is not talented. Get them tired, get them into foul trouble.

baitism
03-18-2010, 09:53 PM
They won the best conference in America by four f*cking games. I'm sure the refs had everything to do with that, right?

You are letting your blind hate cloud being objective. I have nothing against Kansas, but you are kidding yourself if you think it had nothing to do with it. Conferences protect their #1 (like Kentucky). And I was talking about home court advantage a lot more than the refs. They get caught up in the AFH vibe.

Lzen

Eh, that dude is either trying to get a rise or he has LBBIQ.

Mr. Laz
that collum kid looks like steve urkal

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/3139/steveurkel29ww.jpg

Buehler445
03-18-2010, 09:55 PM

Don't feed the animals.

tk13
The Big 12 was really good but let's not get too carried away here. I think they could've been great, but Texas falling off really hurt them. But it always depends on what you call the best conference... Big 12 had the best team but depth wise they've been better. K-State is good but Baylor and Texas and Oklahoma State are a bit more erratic. I don't think KU would've won the Big East by 4 games, regardless of what's happened today.

Mr. Laz
Good Lord, get Robinson the fuck out of there.
they can't

Aldrich has foul trouble,MM has fouls and Self stopped playing Withey weeks ago.

Mr. Laz
03-18-2010, 09:58 PM
I have nothing against Kansas,
then why are you in a KU game thread where you know KU fans will be frustrated? Trolling? Baiting?

there is a general NCAA tourney thread to talk in .... just move on.

baitism
03-18-2010, 09:59 PM
then why are you in a KU game thread where you know KU fans will be frustrated? Trolling? Baiting?

there is a general NCAA tourney thread to talk in .... just move on.

Ok, I will leave. Too many sandy vag's in here. At least you don't have to worry about GT now.

Thig Lyfe
03-18-2010, 09:59 PM
WE'RE DOOMED

Buehler445
03-18-2010, 10:00 PM
The Big 12 was really good but let's not get too carried away here. I think they could've been great, but Texas falling off really hurt them. But it always depends on what you call the best conference... Big 12 had the best team but depth wise they've been better. K-State is good but Baylor and Texas and Oklahoma State are a bit more erratic. I don't think KU would've won the Big East by 4 games, regardless of what's happened today.

Maybe they wouldn't, but it's possible they would. Cuse faltered a few times. If KU takes care of business it is entirely possible.

KU had several REALLY tough games in the big 12. It's reasonable to assume they would have performed similarly in tough games in the Big East.

BWillie

Consider unbiased sources for your data. The talking heads will always tell you the ACC and Big East are the best conferences in America.

Big 12 is #1 in the RPI, and #2 in Kenpom. The ACC nor the Big East can claim they are #1 or #2 by all unbiased sources as the Big 12 can. From what I have seen in the NIT and the NCAA tournament, I have every reason to believe that the Big East was vastly overrated.

Mr. Laz
WE'RE DOOMED
nah ... just frustrated because KU has been doing this shit all year.

Lzen
03-18-2010, 10:02 PM

Yes, Texas went to shit.

KU would have won the Big East, IMO. And speaking of erratic, the Big East has Villanova who was very erratic down the stretch as well as Georgetown.

Ari Chi3fs
03-18-2010, 10:05 PM
The big twelve is looking like the best conference in the nation... That is great for recruiting
Posted via Mobile Device

BWillie
03-18-2010, 10:06 PM
Yes, Texas went to shit.

KU would have won the Big East, IMO. And speaking of erratic, the Big East has Villanova who was very erratic down the stretch as well as Georgetown.

Remember, Texas went to shit AFTER they got into Big 12 play....

Guru
Yes, Texas went to shit.

KU would have won the Big Easy, IMO. And speaking of erratic, the Big East has Villanova who was very erratic down the stretch as well as Georgetown.FYP

Lzen
The big twelve is looking like the best conference in the nation... That is great for recruiting
Posted via Mobile Device

I think they are, but let's not get too carried away after only 1 day.

tk13
03-18-2010, 10:07 PM
I didn't say the Big East was great. And when have I ever given a crap what the talking heads say? Come on people. None of the major conferences were as great this year. But the Big 12 isn't setting the world on fire yet either. Baylor barely survived Sam Houston St and KU is leaving Lehigh in the game.

Mr. Laz
03-18-2010, 10:08 PM
our Bigs are so used to get help down low that they are struggling to defend alone.

Guru
03-18-2010, 10:09 PM
You know, I don't like the local affiliates doing their own halftime shows. I want to watch games damnit.

ArrowheadHawk
03-18-2010, 10:11 PM
Let's play like kansas to start this half. Let's go jayhawks.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lzen
03-18-2010, 10:11 PM
I didn't say the Big East was great. And when have I ever given a crap what the talking heads say? Come on people. None of the major conferences were as great this year. But the Big 12 isn't setting the world on fire yet either. Baylor barely survived Sam Houston St and KU is leaving Lehigh in the game.

I think you are blowing things out of proportion. Yes, there is parity in college hoops. But I still believe the B12 was the best conference this year. Just my opinion.

BWillie
03-18-2010, 10:13 PM
I don't mean this to sound gay, but I really like Xavier's long arms.

Lzen
You know, I don't like the local affiliates doing their own halftime shows. I want to watch games damnit.

I suppose if I gave a shit about those other games I would feel that way. But I kinda enjoy them talking mostly KU (with a little KSU mixed in).

banyon
Nice play X!

Mr. Laz
KU back to doubling the post

BWillie
Thank god Marcus Morris came to play today.

BWillie
03-18-2010, 10:14 PM
yes...need to get Xavier in the game

Mr. Laz
03-18-2010, 10:14 PM
Self is just gonna let them live or die with the 3

remember that LEHIGH is 10th in the nation in 3 %

Mr. Laz
03-18-2010, 10:16 PM
Henry being more aggressive

especially rebounding

CoMoChief
03-18-2010, 10:17 PM
These refs are calling ticky tack fouls

Fritz88
03-18-2010, 10:17 PM
picking up shitty fouls

CoMoChief
03-18-2010, 10:18 PM
Henry being more aggressive

especially rebounding

Good its about damn time. He's too big and athletic not to use his body and get in the lane.

Fritz88
man, this won't get us past elite 8

CoMoChief
FUCK THAT thats KU ball.

BWillie
03-18-2010, 10:20 PM
There goes the BOOM!

Mr. Laz
Collins is struggling on defense

Fritz88
okay that dunk by Henry made me cum

banyon
Nice break, way to reward Henry for the steal.

Lzen
X has really, really turned it up. I absofuckinglutely love it!

CoMoChief
03-18-2010, 10:21 PM
THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FINALLY

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!!!!

BWillie
Good its about damn time. He's too big and athletic not to use his body and get in the lane.

Kid could be an elite NBA player if he was born with lateral quickness, but he just doesn't have it. He has the hops, the shot, and the overall speed though.

Lzen
okay that dunk by Henry made me cum

You are one sick dude. :eek:

CoMoChief
03-18-2010, 10:22 PM
Nice break, way to reward Henry for the steal.

He shoulda passed it long before....he was dribbling with his head down, down the court and didn't see him til late.

still worked and Ill take the dunk....

Bearcat
This is what I didn't see from Lehigh in the first half... a three here, blocked shot there, the effort.... the first half was abt KU needing to wake up, now Lehigh is forcing them to step up.
Posted via Mobile Device

Guru
okay that dunk by Henry made me cumDamn you're easy.

Mr. Laz
03-18-2010, 10:23 PM
Kid could be an elite NBA player if he was born with lateral quickness, but he just doesn't have it. He has the hops, the shot, and the overall speed though.
Paul Pierce

BWillie
03-18-2010, 10:24 PM
Paul Pierce

Paul Pierce is quick. Henry is not. Pierce doesn't look like much, as in he doesn't have the muscle tone X has, but general speaking lateral quickness is a god given gift.

Mr. Laz
03-18-2010, 10:24 PM
almost like clockwork ... 15 minute mark in the 2nd half is when KU starts getting serious.

Mr. Laz
03-18-2010, 10:26 PM
Paul Pierce is quick. Henry is not.
Pierce is more slippery than quick

so is Henry ... X is just really,really raw.

banyon
03-18-2010, 10:26 PM
MT threatening NMEX

Mr. Laz
03-18-2010, 10:28 PM
gawd dammit Collins ...

i was watching him and Sherron just eased up instead of fighting through a screen and BOOM ... there goes another 3. :shake:

BWillie
I have a feeling Collins is about to take over..

CoMoChief
God damn play some defense

Mr. Laz
03-18-2010, 10:29 PM
we need to go right at Carrington and foul him to the bench

Thig Lyfe
BOOM BITCH

CoMoChief
White boys aint hitting shit tonite.

Thig Lyfe
03-18-2010, 10:30 PM
Cole is gonna get a triple double.

Mr. Laz
03-18-2010, 10:31 PM
nope ... they both missed their 1st shot which hurts their confidence until they finally make one.

ArrowheadHawk
03-18-2010, 10:31 PM
Missing wide open threes just blows. :banghead:
Posted via Mobile Device

Lzen
03-18-2010, 10:32 PM

Except Cole.

BWillie
03-18-2010, 10:32 PM
Keep shooting Tyrel. He was due for a bad night the way he's been shooting.

Mr. Laz
03-18-2010, 10:33 PM
gawd i hope morningstar hits these free throws

Lzen
03-18-2010, 10:33 PM
nope ... they both missed their 1st shot which hurts their confidence until they finally make one.

I truly hope this is not that same performance from Reed and Morningstar as last year's tourney. They totally lost confidence in the NCAA last year.

Mr. Laz
03-18-2010, 10:34 PM
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BWillie
Keep shooting Tyrel. He was due for a bad night the way he's been shooting.

I told you BWillie!

CoMoChief
FINALLY REED with a 3!!!!

Lzen
And just as we say it, Reed hits a 3. Great!

CoMoChief
03-18-2010, 10:35 PM
Except Cole.

I meant the guards.

CoMoChief
03-18-2010, 10:36 PM
how is that not a charge? he was out of control.

Lzen
I meant the guards.

Yeah, I knew what you meant.

banyon
These refs just don't believe in fouls.

Buehler445
Call the fucking charge.

Mr. Laz
Morningstar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

PBJ

CoMoChief
WHITE BOYS GETTIN HOT?!?!?!

Lzen
And now Collins gets Morninstar an open 3 and he hits!

Mr. Laz
03-18-2010, 10:37 PM
REEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!