PDA

View Full Version : Obama Fox News interview with Obama

petegz28
03-17-2010, 09:54 PM
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://video.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id=4113350&w=400&h=249"></script><noscript>Watch the latest news video at <a href="http://video.foxnews.com/">video.foxnews.com</a></noscript>

Video 1

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4113350/fox-news-exclusive-president-obama/?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a16:g2:r5:c0.037577:b31982604:z6

petegz28
03-17-2010, 09:55 PM
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://video.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id=4113349&w=400&h=249"></script><noscript>Watch the latest news video at <a href="http://video.foxnews.com/">video.foxnews.com</a></noscript>

Video 2

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4113349/fnc-exclusive-president-obama?category_id=86918

jjjayb
03-18-2010, 12:27 AM
Won't be able to watch this until the morning, but I'm imagining it will go something like this:

Umm, let me be clear, umm, so what you have here is the republican talking points, umm, ummm, i got a letter from a poor little old lady and ummm, umm, now again, that's a talking point. The fact of the matter is ummm, republicans are mean.

Taco John
03-18-2010, 12:32 AM
What's up with the bobble head Obama thing there?

Taco John
03-18-2010, 12:35 AM
Banyon and the talkers around here, I'm sure, are upset with his binary logic.

"People who vote against (the Slaughter solution) are voting against "healthcare reform." People who vote for it are voting for "healthcare reform."

Velvet_Jones
03-18-2010, 12:58 AM
I wish more of the media would test this tool of a president. Respectfully of course.

PhillyChiefFan
03-18-2010, 06:58 AM
I liked how at the end when Bret said I'm sorry for cutting you off so much Mr. President, Obama looked down and shook his head.

As if he wasn't trying to talk in circles and keep Bret from asking more questions. and Obama interrupted him just as much as Bret interrupted him.

I think he did himself worse by doing that interview, he dodged questions like crazy.

PhillyChiefFan
03-18-2010, 07:01 AM
Banyon and the talkers around here, I'm sure, are upset with his binary logic.

"People who vote against (the Slaughter solution) are voting against "healthcare reform." People who vote for it are voting for "healthcare reform."

Oh I guarentee that that was a major stress point for the people that prepped him for this interview.

"Make sure you make it as black and white as you can. If you're for it, you are a revolutionary leader, against it and you're a backwoods, constitution toting, status quo loving douchebag."

blaise
03-18-2010, 07:06 AM
I can't believe anything he said because it was on FOX news.

Warrior5
03-18-2010, 07:07 AM
I honestly thought Baier was tougher on Obama than O'Reilly was during the campaign.

I don't think Obama's handlers prepped him very well for this interview. Even Anderson Cooper on CNN commented on how much Obama dodged Baier's questions.

And what was Obama talking about with the Louisiana Deal and earthquakes in Hawaii?

PhillyChiefFan
03-18-2010, 07:32 AM
I honestly thought Baier was tougher on Obama than O'Reilly was during the campaign.

I don't think Obama's handlers prepped him very well for this interview. Even Anderson Cooper on CNN commented on how much Obama dodged Baier's questions.

And what was Obama talking about with the Louisiana Deal and earthquakes in Hawaii?

I think he was trying to draw a linear comparison between the two states. saying that the "Louisiana Purchase" can be utilized in Hawaii for earthquakes etc. In other words it is for states that have natural catastrophies.

I thought Baier did a great job too, he didn't let the President talk all the time up without keeping him on point.

I thought Obama did a terrible job dodging the questions. Even liberals will have to admit that his wording was shady at best.

And he didn't deny that the Conneticut 100m for Dodd's hospital, and the Florida Medicaid debacale wasn't in the bill.

Hell he even said HE didn't know what was in the damn bill!!! And neither does Nancy Pelosi, but they should pass it anyways before they know what's in it?!?!?! Seriously?!?!

Radar Chief
03-18-2010, 07:34 AM

Iím not even sure he was actually interviewed.

Maggot Brain
03-18-2010, 07:59 AM

I haven't seen the transcript yet but it sounds like he got off-message Big Time.

Iowanian
03-18-2010, 08:09 AM
IS that Obama or his bobblehead in the beginning of the video?

What do studen loans have to do with health care? tap chin/ bobblebobblebobble

How are people who hang out on the corner with no intention of working, going to buy your healthcare?

Chief Henry
03-18-2010, 08:14 AM
Obama stated we'd have "many days" to read the bill prior to the vote.

Obama was arrogant again in this interview.

blaise
03-18-2010, 08:17 AM
The time for debate is over.

BucEyedPea
03-18-2010, 08:20 AM

:bravo:LMAO

donkhater
03-18-2010, 08:33 AM
Oh I guarentee that that was a major stress point for the people that prepped him for this interview.

"Make sure you make it as black and white as you can. If you're for it, you are a revolutionary leader, against it and you're a backwoods, constitution toting, status quo loving douchebag."

See, this is the thing Republicans should jump all over IMO. At least junior Senators and Congressmen.

The Obama administration is perpetuating the status quo. Constitutionally shady procedural manuevers, escalating an unpopular war, bailing out large corporations (i.e. insurance companies). Hell, Gibbs even points out on a daily basis that they are using the same tactics the Republicans have used before. Where's the change?

PhillyChiefFan
03-18-2010, 09:12 AM
Obama stated we'd have "many days" to read the bill prior to the vote.

Obama was arrogant again in this interview.

absolutely. I wanted Baier to say "hey you wanted this interview, your White House said that you wanted to dispell some of the myths with this bill, I'm just the messenger of the American People."

They were actual questions from every day Americans, and he made it sound like he could answer them or wipe his ass with them, either way it didn't matter to him.

His arrogance was stunning IMO. I think he really believes that American citizens are still buying his speeches and will follow him over the edge and into the abyss.

I want Healthcare reform, trust me, my family has medical problems and every American citizen is one cancer scare or car wreck away from complete financial disaster. But just because I don't support this bill, doesn't make me a vote for the status quo. For him to boil this bill down to Yes/you're for change and the betterment of America and No/you are for the status quo is rediculous and condesending to me. You can't make this big of an issue black and white.

Maggot Brain
03-18-2010, 10:20 AM
"And yes, I have said that this is an ugly process," he said. "It was ugly when Republicans were in charge. It was ugly when Democrats were in charge."

He has a tendency to blame or refer to the previous administration.

jjjayb
03-18-2010, 11:40 AM
He has a tendency to blame or refer to the previous administration.

Why wouldn't he? The press allow him to.

alpha_omega
03-18-2010, 12:48 PM
But, but, but...i heard on Chiefs Planet that Baier was going to throw softball questions....

patteeu
03-18-2010, 03:17 PM
Another public appearance, another failure. It reminded me more of Sarah Palin than the man who slowed down the rise of the oceans.

HonestChieffan
03-18-2010, 03:21 PM
Professional Liar

Dayze
03-18-2010, 03:22 PM
Professional Liar

so, a Politician?

jettio
03-18-2010, 03:50 PM
Seems like he is pretty confident that it will get passed.

I doubt that anybody that is not prejudiced against Obama is really going to give a sh*t about how Scott Brown's election did not deliver on its supposed promise to make one senator out of a hundred decide everything.

The plain fact is that we are stuck with a health care insurance solution instead of a health care solution and that is because too many people would lose their jobs in the health care insurance industry if it were blown up like it ought to be.

This thing will pass and will have little negative effect on anyone and will have a big positive effect on people that are now getting screwed by insurance companies.

It is a centrist bill and when it passes and fails to produce doomsday, all these overwrought crybabies will have to get a pair of neuticles implanted. Hopefully, their health insurance will cover the procedure.

You actually have state legislators and governors trying to secede from the Union over a law that they do not even know anything about.

Yeah right.

I think the people against Obama would have a better chance of slowing him down if they were not as f*ckin' stupid as they seem to be.

patteeu
03-18-2010, 03:55 PM
Seems like he is pretty confident that it will get passed.

I doubt that anybody that is not prejudiced against Obama is really going to give a sh*t about how Scott Brown's election did not deliver on its supposed promise to make one senator out of a hundred decide everything.

The plain fact is that we are stuck with a health care insurance solution instead of a health care solution and that is because too many people would lose their jobs in the health care insurance industry if it were blown up like it ought to be.

This thing will pass and will have little negative effect on anyone and will have a big positive effect on people that are now getting screwed by insurance companies.

It is a centrist bill and when it passes and fails to produce doomsday, all these overwrought crybabies will have to get a pair of neuticles implanted. Hopefully, their health insurance will cover the procedure.

You actually have state legislators and governors trying to secede from the Union over a law that they do not even know anything about.

Yeah right.

I think the people against Obama would have a better chance of slowing him down if they were not as f*ckin' stupid as they seem to be.

What benefits are people going to see in the first couple of years that will offset the higher taxes and other costs?

Direckshun
03-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Listening now.

I'm waiting for healthcare questions. All I've heard are process questions.

jettio
03-18-2010, 03:57 PM
What benefits are people going to see in the first couple of years that will offset the higher taxes and other costs?

How much higher taxes and costs are you going to have to pay?

Please explain.

Direckshun
03-18-2010, 03:57 PM
Process, process, process.

Direckshun
03-18-2010, 03:58 PM
First question on the actual legislation, and it's about "deals."

Direckshun
03-18-2010, 04:00 PM
Process.

Direckshun
03-18-2010, 04:01 PM
Process.

Not yet one question on actual healthcare. Just process.

Direckshun
03-18-2010, 04:03 PM
Process.

I mean, Christ.

This is how Fox takes their one chance at the President to discuss parliamentary procedure.

Direckshun
03-18-2010, 04:05 PM

HonestChieffan
03-18-2010, 04:06 PM
damn. Process is so hard. better to just dictate. No process at all.

Direckshun
03-18-2010, 04:07 PM
HOLY SHIT.

A question about Medicare. Thought I'd never see the day.

Edit: Actually a pretty good question on Medicare. Important question to be answered, for sure.

patteeu
03-18-2010, 04:12 PM
How much higher taxes and costs are you going to have to pay?

Please explain.

I asked you for an explanation. What are these "big positive effects" we're going to see in the next couple of years?

patteeu
03-18-2010, 04:13 PM

Do you consider yourself an "ends justify the means" guy?

Direckshun
03-18-2010, 04:13 PM
"Can you be a transformative president without health care passing."

Very interesting question. I think it's more of a wrap up question more than anything, so planting it in the middle of the interview is bizarre, but pregnant with meaning nonetheless.

Obama, of course, sidesteps. As he should. Because he shouldn't accept the premise that he is a transformative president nor that healthcare reform might not pass.

Direckshun
03-18-2010, 04:14 PM
Do you consider yourself an "ends justify the means" guy?

Not really. I think process is a part of healthcare reform.

But it's not healthcare reform.

I mean, seriously. Thirteen minutes on ****ing pork?

petegz28
03-18-2010, 04:14 PM
"Can you be a transformative president without health care passing."

Very interesting question. I think it's more of a wrap up question more than anything, so planting it in the middle of the interview is bizarre, but pregnant with meaning nonetheless.

Obama, of course, sidesteps. As he should. Because he shouldn't accept the premise that he is a transformative president nor that healthcare reform might not pass.

How many hours a day is Obama's cock in your mouth?

petegz28
03-18-2010, 04:16 PM
Brett Baier on Hannity now. After the interview Obama asked Brett "am I supposed to surprised that all these e-mails from Fox viewers are not favorable to me?"

So the President obviosly feels that if you watch Fox News you don't count as a person.

Direckshun
03-18-2010, 04:21 PM
So... watched the entire interview.

Interview was what, ~20 minutes?

First 13 minutes was process. I mean good lord.

About five minutes on Medicare, which is an incredibly important question, and I wish it could have been the 13 minute segment instead of process.

Then two minutes on the weird transformative president thing.

All in all a bizarrely structured interview with very shallow subject matter, and a massive wasted opportunity by Fox.

Zero questions on tax increases.

Zero questions on fiscal sanity.

Zero questions on prevention, individual mandate, the public option, coops, comparative effectiveness research, or care rationing.

Zero questions on Fox-favored topics like tort reform.

But 40 freaking questions on pork and process. I mean that is downright silly.

I'll give Baier credit for the Medicare stuff, and Obama did his usual, but this is just a waste of an opportunity by Fox News.

Edit: But of course Fox gets to rerun snippets of Baier's interview, particularly the 30 seconds where Baier zings Obama and the two jostle for speaking time. Every anchor gets to criticize Obama's handling of the interview, and conservatives at home splooge. So, mission accomplished for Fox, and Obama just further proves that he's wasting his time with this network.

patteeu
03-18-2010, 04:25 PM
Not really. I think process is a part of healthcare reform.

But it's not healthcare reform.

I mean, seriously. Five questions on ****ing pork?

Brett Baier didn't force the democrats to develop this hyper-partisan sausage making approach to governing. He's just exploring it. If Obama was threatening to send thugs around to "have a talk about loyalty" with Congressmen who vote no on this legislation, would you complain about any investigation into the topic as "process, process, process".

If Obama promised anything in his campaign (without crossing his fingers), it was that he would change politics as usual. Now, it's possible that he really meant that he would make the process even more cynical and partisan than it had been, but in any event don't you think it's reasonable to follow up on this aspect of his influence?

petegz28
03-18-2010, 04:26 PM
Brett Baier didn't force the democrats to develop this hyper-partisan sausage making approach to governing. He's just exploring it. If Obama was threatening to send thugs around to "have a talk about loyalty" with Congressmen who vote no on this legislation, would you complain about any investigation into the topic as "process, process, process".

If Obama promised anything in his campaign (without crossing his fingers), it was that he would change politics as usual. Now, it's possible that he really meant that he would make the process even more cynical and partisan than it had been, but in any event don't you think it's reasonable to follow up on this aspect of his influence?

patteu, get real. Obama could say the sky is falling and Direkshun would slam you for not wearing your crash helmet.

Direckshun
03-18-2010, 04:26 PM

I'm not debating the importance of process, but if Fox's main complaint about this healthcare reform is ANYTHING BUT the fact that Obama's not being nice enough about it, then you wouldn't know it from the interview.

petegz28
03-18-2010, 04:27 PM
I'm not debating the importance of process, but if Fox's main complaint about this healthcare reform is ANYTHING BUT the fact that Obama's not being nice enough about it, then you wouldn't know it from the interview.

Not being nice enough about it? It's like you live in a vaccuum.

Direckshun
03-18-2010, 04:28 PM
patteu, get real. Obama could say the sky is falling and Direkshun would slam you for not wearing your crash helmet.

What did you think of the interview, Pete?

You've no doubt had a full day to absorb Limbaugh and Hannity's radio shows to form an opinion. At least I'm catching you before Levin's on. I'm wondering what they -- er, you -- think.

Direckshun
03-18-2010, 04:29 PM

What EXACTLY would you call the talk radio circuit that you're traveling in these days?

A direct vein to moderate, mainstream opinion?

petegz28
03-18-2010, 04:32 PM
What EXACTLY would you call the talk radio circuit that you're traveling in these days?

A direct vein to moderate, mainstream opinion?

Entertainment. But keep equating talk show hosts with lawmakers and Presidents. It does a lot to show us all what state of mind you are in.

petegz28
03-18-2010, 04:33 PM
What did you think of the interview, Pete?

You've no doubt had a full day to absorb Limbaugh and Hannity's radio shows to form an opinion. At least I'm catching you before Levin's on. I'm wondering what they -- er, you -- think.

I thought it was a decent interview with Obama backtracking on his prior words, as usual.

Direckshun
03-18-2010, 04:35 PM
I thought it was a decent interview with Obama backtracking on his prior words, as usual.

So that's what you would have done, if you were asking Obama about healthcare reform.

13 minutes on process

5 minutes on Medicare

2 minutes on him being a transformative president

That Pete's big manifesto against healthcare reform? Because apparently that's Fox's. And I'm underwhelmed.

patteeu
03-18-2010, 04:39 PM

It seems to me that the fact that every single Republican and many democrats oppose this health care bill speaks to the issue of substance and that the endgame is dominated by the contortions of process that the bill's remaining supporters are forced to dream up in order to slip it through the bipartisan opposition.

This is like a date where the girl has said "no" repeatedly in no uncertain terms but the guy keeps pushing, trying every avenue he can think of to get in her pants. As all else has failed, it's roofie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_rape_drug) time now.

petegz28
03-18-2010, 04:40 PM
So that's what you would have done, if you were asking Obama about healthcare reform.

13 minutes on process

5 minutes on Medicare

2 minutes on him being a transformative president

That Pete's big manifesto against healthcare reform? Because apparently that's Fox's. And I'm underwhelmed.

Maybe, maybe not. Process in this case is very important when you are talking about passing a bill of this magnitude without it actually being voted upon. Particularly when Obama spouted off all his rhetoric over the last couple years about transparency, bla, bla, bla.

Go back to your vaccuum.

patteeu
03-18-2010, 04:43 PM

When Bill Clinton allegedly told Juanita Broaddrick, "You better get some ice on that", he should have been nicer about it.

jettio
03-18-2010, 05:13 PM
I asked you for an explanation. What are these "big positive effects" we're going to see in the next couple of years?

I think people with sick kids that have to intentionally earn less money so that they are poor enough to get Medicaid and/or S-chip to pay for their kids health care are going to see a big benefit because now they can get as good a job as they could get.

Seems to me that is a big benefit to those folks and since you do not know how this bill affects your taxes or family's health care costs, I am going to guess that you will survive and your health premiums might go up less rapidly than they would have otherwise.

I think the worst thing the bill could do to you is to make you have conniption fits while it languishes in a congress where one party is sworn to try to make the President look bad and not try to do anything positive themselves.

Perhaps, that will soon end in regards this bill and you can find something new to get exercised about.

HonestChieffan
03-18-2010, 05:22 PM
Obama didnt know what was in the bill when he was asked so a good interviewer moves to something the other guy knows about: Process cause he is a President, Process cause he was a Senator, Process cause he claims to be a expert on constitution. Then we heard about Tiger woods and why Obama pissed on the Jews.

The reporter is getting kudos and Obo came off like the ass he is.

"My Bill"....FU Mr Pres, your bill sucks.

RedNeckRaider
03-18-2010, 07:06 PM
How can anyone watch that double talk and not be embarrassed to support this clown?

patteeu
03-18-2010, 07:53 PM
I think people with sick kids that have to intentionally earn less money so that they are poor enough to get Medicaid and/or S-chip to pay for their kids health care are going to see a big benefit because now they can get as good a job as they could get.

How is that going to happen? Are Medicaid and S-chip going to eliminate their income limitiations?

petegz28
03-18-2010, 07:59 PM
How is that going to happen? Are Medicaid and S-chip going to eliminate their income limitiations?

No, your's and my tax $'s will.

jettio
03-18-2010, 09:18 PM

The point is that if someone with a sick kid can get health insurance after the reform, then they do not have to stay intentionally underemployed to qualify for Medicaid or S-chip.

I think you can figure this out if you apply yourself.

mlyonsd
03-18-2010, 09:25 PM
The point is that if someone with a sick kid can get health insurance after the reform, then they do not have to stay intentionally underemployed to qualify for Medicaid or S-chip.

A rare jettio post. Welcome back.

jettio
03-18-2010, 09:34 PM
A rare jettio post. Welcome back.

Thank You.:toast:

patteeu
03-18-2010, 09:49 PM

Where are they going to get this insurance? If you're talking about group policies, they can already do this can they not? If you're talking about individual policies, the legislation won't help them for several years, right?

jettio
03-18-2010, 10:19 PM
Where are they going to get this insurance? If you're talking about group policies, they can already do this can they not? If you're talking about individual policies, the legislation won't help them for several years, right?

Oh, so everybody that does not have health insurance because of pre-existing conditions or some other reason only does not now have health insurance because they just do not know where to go.

And, the day after this health reform passes, patteeu will have to pay thousands of dollars a day to the government, even though nobody will be able to get any health insurance for ten years.

No wonder you are so upset, everybody's taxes will be so high they will not be able to buy food, but nobody will get any health insurance for years and years anyway.

Boy, this is a terrible plan.

patteeu
03-18-2010, 10:36 PM
Oh, so everybody that does not have health insurance because of pre-existing conditions or some other reason only does not now have health insurance because they just do not know where to go.

And, the day after this health reform passes, patteeu will have to pay thousands of dollars a day to the government, even though nobody will be able to get any health insurance for ten years.

No wonder you are so upset, everybody's taxes will be so high they will not be able to buy food, but nobody will get any health insurance for years and years anyway.

Huh? I'm saying that the pre-existing condition issue isn't going to change overnight. First of all, it's a much smaller issue than it's made out to be because people who join companies with group policies are already eligible to have their pre-existing conditions covered in many, if not most, cases after a relatively short waiting period and people who must get coverage through individual policies aren't going to be helped for a few years. So where is this big benefit you're talking about? The answer is that it's not there.

On the drawback side, I agree that the drawbacks aren't going to be all that obvious to most people, although some, like those who use Medicare Advantage might notice. But those revenues that the government is going to collect during the first few years of the non-program have to come from somewhere. The secondary effects will impact us all whether we're aware of them or not.

fan4ever
03-18-2010, 10:44 PM
How can anyone watch that double talk and not be embarrassed to support this clown?

I'm embarrassed and I didn't even vote for him. The ultimate grifter.

go bowe
03-18-2010, 11:19 PM
Another public appearance, another failure. It reminded me more of Sarah Palin than the man who slowed down the rise of the oceans.aw, c'mon...

he didn't have notes on his hand...

banyon
03-18-2010, 11:21 PM
go bowe and jettio, this thread is old skool! PBJ

go bowe
03-18-2010, 11:24 PM
How many hours a day is Obama's cock in your mouth?i don't know about him, but the president's cock is way too big for my mouth...

good thing, huh?

petegz28
03-18-2010, 11:25 PM
i don't know about him, but the president's cock is way too big for my mouth...

good thing, huh?

I don't know, is it??? :D

blaise
03-18-2010, 11:39 PM
i don't know about him, but the president's cock is way too big for my mouth...

good thing, huh?

That's ok. Nancy Pelosi can help him shove it down your throat.

go bowe
03-18-2010, 11:42 PM
It seems to me that the fact that every single Republican and many democrats oppose this health care bill speaks to the issue of substance and that the endgame is dominated by the contortions of process that the bill's remaining supporters are forced to dream up in order to slip it through the bipartisan opposition.

This is like a date where the girl has said "no" repeatedly in no uncertain terms but the guy keeps pushing, trying every avenue he can think of to get in her pants. As all else has failed, it's roofie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_rape_drug) time now.what can i say?

democracy is a messy business...

and isn't politics largely about implementing as much of a party's agenda as possible while in power?

i think they should have just passed the damned thing when they had the 60 votes...

they've wasted a year waiting for cooperation from republicans, which was never gonna happen in the first place...

if they need to take advantage of congressional rules to pass this thing, why not? fi they're going to exercise their power as the majority party they need to do it while they still can...

otoh, the president has been totally naive about changing the culture of washington...

hyper-partisanship has been a way of life in d.c. for a very long time...

and it will still be that way long after the president starts participating in those presidents' disaster relief ads...

and, finally, i thought the interview sucked for both sides...

not a good performance by the president and a really crappy job of asking the tough questions by the hapless brett guy...

go bowe
03-18-2010, 11:46 PM
How can anyone watch that double talk and not be embarrassed to support this clown?well, i thought his performance was a little embarrassing...

i'm pretty sure that it won't be in an obama highlights film...

go bowe
03-18-2010, 11:50 PM
I don't know, is it??? :DROFL ROFL ROFL

go bowe
03-18-2010, 11:53 PM
That's ok. Nancy Pelosi can help him shove it down your throat.maybe michelle, but not nancy... :evil:

oh the horror of it all!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

even thinking of nancy that way is more than a man can bear... :deevee: :deevee: :deevee:

jjjayb
03-19-2010, 07:23 AM

No, most don't have it because they'd rather spend their money on bullshit. "i'm too poor" while they shell out $150 a month for cable, $90 a month for cell phone, $400 a month on a car that is more than they can afford if they don't even have healthcare. But yet again, you libs will line up and say we should pay for their healthcare because they don't make enough money to afford it on their own.

Why should they sacrifice their luxuries for healthcare when they can get someone else to foot their bill?

jettio
03-19-2010, 12:16 PM
No, most don't have it because they'd rather spend their money on bullshit. "i'm too poor" while they shell out $150 a month for cable, $90 a month for cell phone, $400 a month on a car that is more than they can afford if they don't even have healthcare. But yet again, you libs will line up and say we should pay for their healthcare because they don't make enough money to afford it on their own.

Why should they sacrifice their luxuries for healthcare when they can get someone else to foot their bill?

I thought one of the main criticisms of the bill was that it would make the people you describe buy health insurance.

That to me is one of the ironies about this thing since Obama criticized Hillary's healthcare proposals during the primary because she was realistic about this "mandate" being a part of healthcare reform that was health insurance reform and not health care reform.

The way it is right now is the status quo is jacked up. This proposal will improve the status quo for most people, but it will probably end up being an incremental step to making it so that we get away from an employer provided health insurance system.

The best thing would be to get away from that, but you can not do it right away because too many people's livelihoods depend on the current system, and you can't disrupt that too much.

As much pissing and moaning as there is about the prospect of government run health care, well, the VA is single-payer government run healthcare, and more and more veterans enroll in that all of the time. they have built acres and acres of new parking lots at the VA in Kansas City since Clinton's health care proposals failed in 1993-94.

That is what is jacked up about all of this pissing and moaning about this current proposal, a lot of people already get their health care off the government tit, through medicaid, medicare, S-chip and the VA.

You have all of these morons screaming as if this proposal transforms a laissez-faire, no government involvement system into 100 per cent socialized medicine. This current proposal is not even close to that, this proposal is the most change that you can get when you have powerful interest groups like doctors and insurance companies defending their turf and you have a two party system where one party, the GOP, has become so discredited that they have nothing productive to do other than raise hysteria among the ignorant through propaganda.

It will be interesting to see what happens when people find out that all of the hysteria was exaggerated.

Calcountry
03-19-2010, 12:21 PM
Listening now.

I'm waiting for healthcare questions. All I've heard are process questions.O*ama doesn't much give a shit about process, why should we?

Inspector
03-19-2010, 12:45 PM
No worries. I remember the president telling us that all bills would be posted on a website for the public to read and discuss in plenty of time before it's voted on. That way we'll know what's in it and won't have to depend on anyone else telling us about it.

Can anyone provide that link? I can't find it.

orange
03-19-2010, 01:26 PM
No worries. I remember the president telling us that all bills would be posted on a website for the public to read and discuss in plenty of time before it's voted on. That way we'll know what's in it and won't have to depend on anyone else telling us about it.

Can anyone provide that link? I can't find it.

You mean this one? http://www.rules.house.gov/bills_details.aspx?NewsID=4606

or maybe you prefer this version: http://www.opencongress.org/house_reconciliation

Maybe this one: http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/publius-forum/2010/03/read-hr4872-healthcare-bill-online.html

or perhaps here: http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2009/06/house_democratic_draft_health.html

Possibly a nice summary: http://news.spreadit.org/health-care-bill-text-summary-online-vote/

Something tells me you didn't look very hard. Inspector Clousseau maybe?

jjjayb
03-19-2010, 02:09 PM
I
As much pissing and moaning as there is about the prospect of government run health care, well, the VA is single-payer government run healthcare, and more and more veterans enroll in that all of the time. they have built acres and acres of new parking lots at the VA in Kansas City since Clinton's health care proposals failed in 1993-94.

That is what is jacked up about all of this pissing and moaning about this current proposal, a lot of people already get their health care off the government tit, through medicaid, medicare, S-chip and the VA.

Have you ever used the VA's care? It isn't something to tout as an example of great medical care. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

Inspector
03-19-2010, 02:55 PM
You mean this one? http://www.rules.house.gov/bills_details.aspx?NewsID=4606

or maybe you prefer this version: http://www.opencongress.org/house_reconciliation

Maybe this one: http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/publius-forum/2010/03/read-hr4872-healthcare-bill-online.html

or perhaps here: http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2009/06/house_democratic_draft_health.html

Possibly a nice summary: http://news.spreadit.org/health-care-bill-text-summary-online-vote/

Something tells me you didn't look very hard. Inspector Clousseau maybe?

Hey, thanks!

I'm too lazy to look myself.

jettio
03-19-2010, 09:28 PM
Have you ever used the VA's care? It isn't something to tout as an example of great medical care. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

I have enrolled in the VA when in school, and think it is fine. I never had any serious condition, but they do a good job. My dad was retired from GM and could have gone to just about anywhere and he preferred going to the VA.

On what do you base your negative opinion of the VA?