PDA

View Full Version : Football Vermeil sez the diapers are off...

T-post Tom
03-17-2010, 10:23 PM
:D

Ex Coach Believes Larry Johnson Will Start for Redskins

At least one former NFL coach believes that Larry Johnson will become the starting running back of the Washington Redskins.

Dick Vermeil, Johnson’s former coach with the Kansas City Chiefs, thinks that Clinton Portis’ days as the No. 1 running back on the Redskins depth chart are numbered.

“He will take over the running back position,” Vermeil told the Washington Post about Johnson. “That’s what I think. He’ll push that guy right out of a job. Larry Johnson will work all week — he’ll work Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday — and he’ll make you start him on Sundays.”

While we certainly have our doubts, it’s not out of the question.

It should be noted that Clinton Portis is trying to improve his standing with the coaching staff by bettering his work habits.

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2010/ex-coach-believes-larry-johnson-will-start-for-redskins/

Deberg_1990
03-17-2010, 10:28 PM
Larry Johnson will work all week — he’ll work Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday — and he’ll make you start him on Sundays.”

DV fails to mention that Larry takes Sundays off.

Der Flöprer
03-17-2010, 10:57 PM
I wonder if Shanahan is trying to trade Portis to Denver for Champ Bailey.

Ari Chi3fs
03-18-2010, 12:02 AM
Ari Chi3fs sez the Reposts are on.

CaliforniaChief
03-18-2010, 12:17 AM
Looks like Dick can't produce enough wine to keep up with his own personal demand lately. I hope Dick, Carol, and Dante Hall had a nice dinner together tonight.

Frazod
03-18-2010, 12:25 AM
God I hate Dick Vermeil. He should be roped with nuthooks to a burning AIDS tree and beaten to death with jug of antifreeze for squandering the talent we had.

Best offense in football three years running - one playoff appearance, zero wins.

Fuck you DICK :#

Miles
03-18-2010, 12:36 AM
God I hate Dick Vermeil. He should be roped with nuthooks to a burning AIDS tree and beaten to death with jug of antifreeze for squandering the talent we had.

Best offense in football three years running - one playoff appearance, zero wins.

Fuck you DICK :#

While it ended in bitter disappointment, 2003 was at least a fun year during the season.

Frazod
03-18-2010, 12:43 AM
While it ended in bitter disappointment, 2003 was at least a fun year during the season.

So what? We had the talent to win at least one Super Bowl, if not more. And instead we just got a big steaming pile of FAIL.

Miles
03-18-2010, 12:53 AM
So what? We had the talent to win at least one Super Bowl, if not more. And instead we just got a big steaming pile of FAIL.

Hence the bitter disappointment. I had some good sports bar memories from that season. Particularly the GB game. Still didn't make up for that fucking Indy game though.

Pushead2
03-18-2010, 12:56 AM

Chiefs football since 1969 = fail.

Frazod
03-18-2010, 12:59 AM
Hence the bitter disappointment. I had some good sports bar memories from that season. Particularly the GB game. Still didn't make up for that fucking Indy game though.

My trip to Kansas City in 2003 for the 37 Forever banquet weekend (featuring attendance at the Dante Hall winning return over Denver game) was one of the best times I've ever had in my life. So yes, I will concede that the season made for some great memories.

But the waste, the utter, criminal waste, just cannot be excused. :shake:

Der Flöprer
03-18-2010, 01:03 AM

All I can remember is Cincinnati. Chad talking shit, and then snapping that undefeated record. From there I remember our defense being exposed by bootlegs and other shenanigans. It was crushing.

Miles
03-18-2010, 01:18 AM
But the waste, the utter, criminal waste, just cannot be excused. :shake:

Can't say I disagree in at all there.

Just realized this amusing bit now (mostly just amusing to myself). The sports bar in walking distance of my apartment where I lived at the time and watched all of the games in '03 was no longer allowed to be open the next year on Sundays because of some shit southern city ordinance where it fell into the bar classification vs. restaurant.

Miles
03-18-2010, 01:19 AM
All I can remember is Cincinnati. Chad talking shit, and then snapping that undefeated record. From there I remember our defense being exposed by bootlegs and other shenanigans. It was crushing.

That was brutal. Did Cincy even have a win at the time?

Hog Farmer
03-18-2010, 03:59 AM

**** you DICK :#

If you had only sent DV an Email with your suggestions on how to fix the defense it could have all been different. :)

Ralphy Boy
03-18-2010, 08:59 AM
DV fails to mention that Larry takes Sundays off.

rim shot

jidar
03-18-2010, 09:49 AM

**** you DICK :#

You realize of course that DV was the reason that the offense was so good...?

JD10367
03-18-2010, 09:51 AM
I like Vermeil, but the guy's 73. Just sayin', he's probably dropped a few grapes from his bunch by now.

Frazod
03-18-2010, 09:51 AM
You realize of course that DV was the reason that the offense was so good...?

Again, so what? He assembled half a team. He was responsible for assembling an entire team.

CoMoChief
03-18-2010, 10:00 AM
DV is just pissed off that Portis made him look like a fool during all of those Denver games.

Molitoth
03-18-2010, 10:01 AM
Ok Vermeil, you don't backup your RB when he's a young hungry monster thats playing very well for you... but you will back him up when he is a washed up piece of dogshit douchebag?

/boggle